Designers » A » Oriental « Groups

Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir Azzaro for men

Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir Azzaro for men
dislike

Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir Azzaro for men Pictures

Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir is an oriental fragrance for men and it arrived on the market in 2009 as a new version of the original fragrance from 1978. The fragrance is available in a red flacon in amounts of 50 and 100 ml EDT and it offers a mixture of bergamot, lavender, geranium, oak moss, cumarine, tonka, vanilla, benzoin, mandarin, lemon, pear, black currant and labdanum. Perfumer is Michel Girard.

Lavender Geranium Oakmoss Tonka Bean Bergamot Coumarin Benzoin Vanilla Mandarin Orange Amalfi Lemon Black Currant Pear French labdanum

Xeryus Rouge
Hot Water
Obsession Night for Men
Joop! Go

Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir Fragrance Reviews

ali.hosntalab
ali.hosntalab

عطری خاص با شخصیت منحصر به خودش. شیرین که به تلخی میزنه. مناسب فصول پاییز و زمستان.به خصوص در شب.کلا هر چی هوا سردتر باشه خودشو بهتر نشون میده. تو رده بالتر فقط میتونین سزار پاسیوتی رو باهاش مقایسه کنید. قیمت بسیار مناسبی هم داره. اگه عطری میخواین که تو پاییز و زمستون بصورت مداوم و روزمره ازش استفاده کنید .بسیار مناسبه.تو مهمونیها هم بخاطر بوی شیرینش در حد خودش جلب توجه میکنه. عصاره گرانیوم بخوبی نقششو تو نتهای میانی این عطر نشون میده.

brucifer
brucifer

I finished a sample of this and I must saying im loving this scent. I get some sort of sweet smell in the opening of this but im not entirely sure which note(s) my nose is picking up. I get lots of vanilla on the dry down which I love. I will purchase a botte of this.

vonMises
vonMises

The opening is definitely medicinal, and there is a warmth, and a 'red' quality to this. I don't get nearly the amounts of vanilla and tonka indicated by the votes here, but they are there.

I actually do get many of the notes listed, too, including the geranium and pear, or some similar fruit, and some floral and citrus notes, too.

This is really enjoyable. Not terribly strong, but sufficient, and good for many occasions because of this.

If the notes look interesting to you, it is most likely worth the risk to try it. It is not terribly expensive, and Michel Girard is good.

Pablo90
Pablo90

The opening is disgusting. But then it turns into a fine sweet smelling fragrance.

yilmazg
yilmazg

The idea is good. Make a modern, fresh oriental which is reminiscent of the original Azzaro PH. The execution, openingwise is perfect. Cherrylike, watery, sour and spicy type of smell with unmistakable original notes of Azzaro PH in the background. However after 1 hour or so it loses its strength and its cheerful character and becomes a very dry and spicy fragrance. If the drydown had more character I would rate is as an excellent fragrance. It is still good though. Good longevity, average sillage. Overall 7/10

Raqtan
Raqtan

This fragrance smells amazing.

I swear when I wear it, even though I'm 20 and not married, I feel like i'm 35-45 and My wife and I are out for dinner and the other ladies are thinking "oooh she's lucky"..

It's a fragrance for a "cool and classy gentleman", oh yeah cool and classy at the same time!

I apologize for not helping you with any useful information about Azzaro Elixir LOL

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

Same thing as to other perfumes of this brand I got serious problems to catch the notes.
It opens fresh spicy with warm undertones, way warmer than the original one. And it dries down to a less fresh and warmer scent, but some Azzaro typical freshness still remains.
And this fresh tones were the ones confusing me first because the deep glow red bottle promised a real hot fragrance which constrasts to what I actually smell (at first).

As already mentioned, I can hardly tell the notes apart. The only things I can pick are a warm vanilla (but not smelling like vanilla extract) and tonka bean after a while.
It smells quite a bit synthetic to me, but I got this from every Azzaro I sampled.

Whithout the fresh tones in the opening the scent is quite pleasant.

w84mooch
w84mooch

Bought this completely blind based on my usual likes for the house of azzaro. Not sure what it is, but their metallic note found in most of their works just blends very well with my natural kind of weird metallic scent. When I first got this is did my normal tear it out of the box and spray a few times onto a piece of the cardboard. Initial thought was... wait it smells exactly like APH. Which isn't bad, but my girlfriend has a love hate relationship with APH. So I thought great I can't wear this very often either. Left the cardboard there as I went to smell APH again. And thought well they smell similar... that's until I went back into the other room and smelled the cardboard again. Wait what's this about completely different smell now awaits me. I thought ok maybe the initial blast has a familiar note or 2 but this was entirely different. I sprayed the bottle and few times cleaning out what was in the sprayer. On a complete gamble i wore it the next day and absolutely loved it. My girlfriend said the same thing. She asked what it was. I said it's a surprise. And asked if it reminded her of anything. She just said happy thoughts. She is the real nose in this relationship and can pick all the different notes and say which ones she doesn't like. But this is a wonderful oriental... but way more intense than a normal oriental. I get some dark cherry, not completely sweet candy cherry scent more a real cherry scent mixed with smoked wood and vanilla. The dry down is simply amazing to me. Again this mixes with my skin as all azzaro does. So your results may vary. This lasts me all day plus some. Silage is really good for about 6 plus hours than very Close after that. I can usually smell it the next day up close. I usually only spray it twice. Once on each wrist and spread onto my neck. Anything more might be overwhelming. I hope you enjoy this masterful scent as much as I do

kanak
kanak

This was a blind buy based on the reviews here and for the most part they match my experience. I get mainly vanilla and tonka bean with some cherry notes which must be the blackcurrant i suppose. the problem i have is that Elixer has minimal projection. an hour and then it turns into a skin scent on me though it has decent longevity as i can smell it on my clothes hours later. which kind of instantly puts this into my intimate occasions only section which is a shame because i like the "cherry" notes, almost makes this a gourmand, smells like a chocolate truffle with cherry filling. I suppose some days the perfume god of blind buys smiles, other days he smirks!!

6.5/10

EDIT the vanilla dry down is absolutely gorgeous. such a shame it stays so close to the skin. wish azzaro would release an intense edition.

bkjess-shopping@yahoo.com
bkjess-shopping@yahoo.com

A nice, soft powdery vanilla with a hint of spice & florals. Smells of roses rather than pear in the background on my skin. Reminds me alot of Elizabeth Taylor's Passion For Men.

Lozzle
Lozzle

Azzaro is one of my better colognes, warm and enchanting while not overpowering, a waft of vanilla lingers in the air leaving a balmy feeling of cosiness. I enjoy wearing this one. 8/10

Mobarak1977
Mobarak1977

One of my best perfume sweet not so heavy or strong , I think the best age to be used 28+ thanks.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

Edymion is partly right, though i must confess that once I thought Nautica Voyage Sunset was similar to Eau de Cartier Essence d'Orange. Obviously I was wrong and fooled by the colour alright. That's why now I wait some days or weeks before write a review because I think what one tries to do is helping people to get to know a fragrance, in theory, at least, for nothing compares to smell a scent by yourself, never.

obaida.alobaidy
obaida.alobaidy

I hate this fragrance !!! so disgusting scent !!

Endymion
Endymion

I have both Azzaro Elixir and Xeryus Rouge. And I have to tell that they are absolutely not similar! At all!
One can tell by a second if it's Elixir or Rouge.

Not to offend anyone but, I am so bored of that some persons find fragrances similar ONLY because the color of their bottle are similar/or because those fragrances are made by the same house. And that's the case here too, just because Elixir and Rouge have red bottles some find them similar.
C'mon!

FlirtBoy
FlirtBoy

got this today...and it smells delicious, vanilla, smooth leather and pear mixed. It reminds me of stg. from the 80s, can´t remember now what it is - perhaps a decent whiff from Krizia Moods, but this is definitely a good one (at least for me)...subtle, classy oriental

fyk
fyk

good stuff..nice for winter nights when u want to project oriental spicy woodsy.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

This is the first time im smelling azzaro brand and i have to say im impressed with this one.But...WTF im smelling AGAIN xeryus rouge!!!The majority of perfumes ive smelled are like xeryus!!!Did it have such a huge impact on other brands?I cant get it as xeryus is the definition of generic and non inspiration...
Now azzaro pour homme elixir for me is the "bridge'' between the old man scent and the modern sexy guy.It succeeds in that a lot.The opening is a harsh old man smell,but in the drydown it becomes a thick,heavy,creamy and dark cherry smell which is awsome.
Longetivity is 4 hours but maybe cause the sprayer sprays a small amount of juice.So its below average per spray.
Projection could be better.its within arm length after half an hour.

This one would score higher if i didnt get the resemblance with xeryus rouge,but a guy who enjoy xeryus will LOVE it.

Overall score: 7.5/10

leecher88
leecher88

i tried it because i was searching for a fragrance which has a kind of smell of blackberry and yes i am fully satisfied !

i love this fragrance
i adore it

its sweet but not too sweet

i would describe it as elegant, oriental, sweet, not cloying,

Longevity about 6-8hours
projection more close to skin

10/10 cause its good and unique

Cassiano
Cassiano

This cologne came to break down some paradigms - that still exist - about the brand Azzaro.
It’s been a while since the House launches different scents as Onyx, Aqua, Chrome, etc. but it seems to me that people only have a fixed idea about Azzaro colognes: strong smell, dated, "old", etc. And all of this because one of the most well positioned product (in marketing terms) in the world of perfumery, which is the traditional Pour Homme.

Well, in this Elixir version, they decided to keep the dna of the original in a well done manner, putting the most striking notes of yore, in the beginning, which means that the tonka beans and the oakmoss notes (very noticeable in the original version) jumped from the base to the top notes, joining to the lavender note, and activating the memory of the traditional fans, as soon as it applied, without staying during all the evolution of the scent on the wearer skin, avoiding comparisons and complaints. It was a clever way to keep the sense of fidelity, without copying the aroma and looks like just another silly version of the original, as we can see in so many releases from renowned brands.
The heart of the fragrance brings a unique creaminess: if it was not enough the presence of benzoin that, normally, has this function of giving a more creamy aroma, often said as "vanilla smell", we still have the proper vanilla - of which I am a declared fan – very well merged with citrus notes and coumarin. Finally, an intense fruity base, with notes of juicy blackcurrant and pears.

The truth is that they managed to successfully bring the traditional aroma of Azzaro Pour Homme, from 1978, to the modern market of the 2000’s, fully restored on a bottle of straight lines (identical to the original) submitted to the colors of lust. And the result is a most sweet and creamy aroma, nothing synthetic, that projects and lasts very well – basic features of an Azzaro - and pleases anyone. At last, a true ELIXIR.

tuky
tuky

I cannot believe it had been released in 2009, it has not the modern vibe, but I like it very much.

I do not remember very well the top and middle notes, but the base is Vanilla and Lemon....it brings to me the smell of Shalimar ! leather and incense make the difference.

Thiago Mendes
Thiago Mendes

Muito bom perfume, ideal para a noite e climas mais frios.
Lembra um pouco o Azzaro clássico, mas esse melhor e adocicado pela baunilha.

Aroma: 8/10
Fixacao: 10/10
Projecao: 8,5/10

shamus1
shamus1

It doesn't smell like Azzaro Pour Homme, but the connection is there: whereby Azzaro Pour Homme is an aromatic fougere, Elixir is an aromatic oriental. You don't hear that term very often, do you?

It's heavy and sweet, yet it's made interesting and non-cloying due to a unique hazelnut-like smell in the heart of the scent. It breaks up the sweetness and adds great beauty to the whole fragrance. This nutty smell lasts for the entire duration of the scent.

Sillage is huge, and so is the staying power, making this a clear winner if you're looking for a heavy and unique oriental scent.

MY RATING: 8.5/10

Bierko
Bierko

oriental fragrance, with fast drying long lasting.
p / I 8/10

holyxhooker
holyxhooker

this is a difficult one to review. because i absolutely hate the opening of this fragrance, it's loud, messy and lacks a certain base structure. it's like a grenade of bitter spices right in your face, not very pleasant. the drydown however is really lovely, the opulent vanilla gives the bitterness a nice warm and sweet touch. this perfume is not particulary bad, if you can get past the horrific opening, but i would not advice you to buy it ...

RAG1987
RAG1987

This scent excites me to the point that each time I wear it I want to play some old classic somgs on my ipod. I'm 25 and to me this is a nice scent that doesn't smell like too many other fragrances going about just now which is a bonus but has it's own uniqueness and a classic kick. I was interested in buying this when I read on here that it was a reinterperetation of the original 1978 fragrance. It smells new but it retains that old character that you would expect from an older fragrance. I have never smelled the original but this was a curious prchase that I had to make. It's not my number 1 scent but I like it and wear it often. Doesn't have super sillage but it seems to last a good 7+ hours on my skin with about 3 sprays on either side of the neck. At the relatively cheap price it sells for it's worth buyin a bottle to add to your collection. I like the design of the bottle and red is my kind of colour. I do sniff out a slight resemblance with Xeryus Rouge (I have that too) but this seems to be a bit sweeter and creamier and not quite as harsh, certainly not as strong and long lasting but still a good purchase in my collection. I will happily buy another bottle when I run out of this

smcandsmc
smcandsmc

Too much vanilla and not enough of the other interesting stuff.

babak125

ماندگاری:6/10
ارزش خرید:3/10

periquito89
periquito89

I can sense the Azzaro pour Homme in the background, and adding the sweet components give a scent more like Xeryus Rouge than Pi, Joop, and some man's scents with vanilla base that may add a feminine aura to it. It's not the "cute" kind of sweet man scent. I think it is good, a bit interesting, and heavy.

dentaxe82
dentaxe82

a very long lasting perfum
i love it

ausamamira
ausamamira

the dry down of elixir reminds me somehow with YSL opium pour homme ! i think elixir is like a tuned down version of opium .....

sparkyman
sparkyman

Another "had to" blind buy, just to see how similar it was to Xeryus Rouge. I've been lucky enough to pick up a couple of Vintage bottles of XR - something I would wear all the time if it wasn't so scarce & expensive, so Elixir as a possible more common & affordable substitute just had to be tried.

Well, yet again the reviews here prove completely worthy - Elixir is very similar indeed, not as complex, not as deep, missing the ultimate quality of Vintage XR, but nonetheless it's sufficiently similar to satisfy my cravings.

Elixir, if anything, I find to have a bit more sour fruitiness to it - I agree with the Cherry Stones analogy from antonpan. I can sense the Geranium accord which bolsters it similarity to XR. On the absent side, It's lacking the chilli heart that I find so dominant in XR. With these initial differences, I can't deny that this comes very close to my favourite Givenchy......even the bottle shares a resemblance.

As for sillage & longevity - I'm 3 hours into a couple of wrist sprays and the aroma is plainly wafting around as I type.....it seems to be perking a little and lasting a lot longer than I expected.....all adds up to a great all rounder.

Very pleased - Love it.....can't say anything other than that. Thanks again to you all for some accurate reviews that takes the pain out of blind buys.

bronstein
bronstein

Yet another pointless, "modern" scent that's not really bad, but not good either. Does this Adventure / Freigeist / Bleu genre have a name yet? Perhaps "anynomous" would fit, and this one is nothing more than another member of the genre.

Heverton
Heverton

Azzaro Elixir was a pleasant surprise! This one starts out with a dominant fruity/Sweet smell. A blast of lavender followed by fruits that trough times, gives space to a dominant vanilla/tonka bean chord, and so, the fragrance stays this way, until the end.

Anyway, you can't go wrong with this one, specially because it is a cheap fragrance, if you don't like it, the damage won't be much.

Severino Laguzza
Severino Laguzza

Ideal for evening wear. Seems a little Jacomo Rouge. I think Silver Black better. Azzaro Pour Homme is unlikely to have a competitor. The creature does not surpass his master ...

krisiu
krisiu

IMO it is quite similar to Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy, in the middle (that's why I bought it). For me it's spicy and long lasting, changing. Sexy and hot frangrance :) which can be quite seductive. IMO for cold days - autumn, winter

costaleo
costaleo

A fruit powdery scent with one or two notes that remind me of the classic aZZARO pH. Nice smell, with an opening that announces a resemblance with Joop Thrill, but that evolves to a charming aura, quite different from Thrill's evolution.
It lasts a long time on my skin and would be perfect for colder nights. I think it could be a bit overpowering in the heat.

iconoclast
iconoclast

Very bright, sweet, and fruity at the beginning that in no doubt is designed as a pretty hook to ensnare casual browsers. It gradually dries down into a long lasting fruity-powdery scent which IMAO is simply way too feminine for most men to contemplate wearing. I love Azzaro as a house of wonderful men’s fragrances, but I doubt if this will ever become a classic like the original ApH.

Floritica64
Floritica64

It says that this fragrance was put on the market in 2009? So, where can I buy this? Any information would be appreciated. Tx

antonpan
antonpan

Finally got this anticipating fragrance. I should say that this is the biggest victory of Azzaro house for the last 15 years. I expected Elixir to be something similar to... Davidoff Hot Water, sweet and powdery. But in result I got a complex scent, that can't be named sweet. The main advantage of Elixir that it is not a copy of sth else, it is rather self-sufficient, has its own soul. To tell the truth, it has two souls: the strong, manly and maybe fougere soul of original Azzaro PH and the the fruity-sweet soul of the new wave of fragrances. But Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir doesn't seem as a modern fragrance, it expresses the mood of 90's to my mind. For me Elixir is the scent of cherry stones, and in this way it reminds Chanel's Egoiste. In the drydown I feel the Fahrenheity floral notes. In whole I would name Elixir a balsamic mix of chypre and fruity notes. Definitely if Elixir appeared in the early 90's it would be an adequate rival to both Egoiste and Fahrenheit.

The scent stays close to skin, but has better than avarage longevity. Sure that women will love it and find it sexy.

khaledbobbo
khaledbobbo

itttt issssss amaaaaaziiiinngggggggggggg,and very hoottt

seasoldiermarine
seasoldiermarine

I can't wait for this one. I'm a big fan of the original. Interesting that the first one is a Fougere and this one is Oriental

ZeeK
ZeeK

So very nice to hear the news of Pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro... a remake of original classic.. from 1978... it was the first perfume i had.. desperately waiting to give try to the new version!

But one thing i am concerned about, the new version of 1978's classic and no musk in notes pyramid??

Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro 3.75 out of 5 based on 274 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.