Designers » A » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Azzaro pour Homme Azzaro for men
dislike

I have it: 1108 I had it: 653 I want it: 289 My signature: 34

Azzaro pour Homme Azzaro for men Videos
Azzaro pour Homme Azzaro for men Pictures Azzaro pour Homme Azzaro for men Pictures Azzaro pour Homme Azzaro for men Pictures Azzaro pour Homme Azzaro for men Pictures Azzaro pour Homme Azzaro for men Pictures Azzaro pour Homme Azzaro for men Pictures Azzaro pour Homme Azzaro for men Pictures Azzaro pour Homme Azzaro for men Pictures Azzaro pour Homme Azzaro for men Pictures

Azzaro pour Homme by Azzaro is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Azzaro pour Homme was launched in 1978. Azzaro pour Homme was created by Gerard Anthony, Martin Heiddenreich and Richard Wirtz. Top notes are caraway, iris, lavender, clary sage, basil, anise, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are sandalwood, juniper berries, patchouli, vetiver, cedar and cardamom; base notes are leather, tonka bean, amber, musk and oakmoss.

Caraway iris Lavender Clary Sage Basil Anise Bergamot Lemon

Sandalwood Juniper Berries Patchouli Vetiver Cedar Cardamom

Leather Tonka Bean Amber Musk Oakmoss

Tuscany Per Uomo

Azzaro pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

brucifer

This is one of those fragrances that you either love or you hate.

I personally love it. Old school manely scent.

Opens with lots of Anise and then you get the Lavender coming through to sweeten up and balance out the more harsh Anise note.

Lasts and projects well enough however seems as with most fragrances these days that it isnt as good as it used to be in that department.

I rate Azzaro Pour Homme 4/5.

glitteralex
glitteralex

This review is for a freshly-opened bottle of the new formula in EDT version.

I remember the original APH as a fougere-leather with incredible sillage ala Drakkar Noir. So, I was surprised at what came out of this new bottle, as it was not what I recalled....however, I wholeheartedly enjoyed it- a bright burst of lemon with garden herbs. The heart is mainly cedar (combining with the lemon the perfume goes through a brief "Pledge" phase here), juniper, and vetiver. The drydown is where this newer version fails: the sillage is faint. It seems as if the development of the perfume is halted in the heart, and that the (previously commanding) base is simply left off.

That's not to say that I don't like, or won't wear, this version. Only that it's more of a citrus/herbal/woody cologne than a defining masculine.

namgyel.rangdol

Really disappointed that my first experience with an Azzaro was a fake one.

namgyel.rangdol

I bought a 100 ML EDT today and I am concerned it could be a fake. The raised/embossed "A" looks slightly different than the pics and the newer bottles. The packaging seems legit. The bottle looks slightly more reddish than normal. Could one of you Azzaro Pour Homme experts help me out?

kameshmanwani
kameshmanwani

had so much expectations from this after reading the reviews. totally disappointed after smelling it. no guy under 40 deserves to wear this. this smells like some 50 year old guy wearing some cheap cologne.

namgyel.rangdol

Hi ..... I need inputs on whether to buy an Azzaro Pour Homme or A Ferrari Uomo ..... Which one do you think is a better option ?

Sh_oK
Sh_oK

Smells like shaving foam. Manly but very soapy and common.
Not bad though. Definitely for mature men.

brucifer

This reminds alot of the original Aramis. Not in the way it smells but in the way that its an old school gents fragrance that is for those with a mature nature regardless of age. 10/10.

yvankraft
yvankraft

This is my joker card. It fits all occasions and everyone likes "him", especially women. When I don't want to think to much about what to wear, I run to my old and dear Azzaro bottle. A good friend indeed.

loischanricky
loischanricky

I have 3 different versions:

100 ml (from 1990)
7 ml (from 1990)
1.5 ml (the latest version with Ian Somerhalder as the endorser)

I don't know if the 100 ml & 7 ml bottles are the original, since I have no chance to test the original version.
But what I am sure of is that the latest version is not as strong as the 100 ml (and 7 ml) version I own.

I would say the latest one is much more soft, seems some sharp notes are removed, so this new version can meet the fragrance style (taste) of the younger customers.
The scents in these three versions I have are almost identical, but there are still some very little differences between them.

my conclusion: if there is no chance to get the older version, the new version is acceptable, but buy the older version if you are so lucky to run into one.

However, I wonder is there any differences between the version in 1990 and the version in 1980?

ShotsK
ShotsK

This stuff is a knight's armor, a peasant's bow and arrow, a king's crown, a jester's curley-toed shoes. It improves whoever wears it, like a modern day upgrade, at a reasonable price.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I am re-reviewing this as I have been won over. I now utterly love it, and cannot stop spraying it, it is amazing!!! We all know how good it smells, that is to say gorgeous, sadly I don't see the monster sillage and longevity that some guys do. I wish I did, love it!!!

camposg
camposg

I remember this cologne being a beast. An amazing bottle of cologne. Very masculine, different. After being reformulated now probably several times it smells like a cheap chemical mess. I cant believe it. Its shameful

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

Azzaro Pour Homme is an interesting scent,yet strangely typical for the Azzaro house. With this fragrance you receive their typical clean, soapy fragrance all bottled into one strange formula.
From the top when first spraying this, you are dashed with a somewhat bitter alchol smell as the scent begins to dry down. After it does dry, you are then hit by a soapy fragrance that I can only best describe as 'Lever' Bar soap. It smells almost exactly like the old bar soap, but in a very concentrated, warmer, long lasting form.
I easily get about 6-8 hours from this, and a decent projection for the first few hours.
All in all, this one is a 'Try', as some may prefer more musky, sweeter fragrances to the soapy form of the Azzaros. It is definitely a hit or a miss. You will either like it or leave it.

Projection: 6/10 (Good for first 2-3 hours)
Longevity: 7/10 (6-8 hrs)
Smell: 6/10 (Bar soap! Clean!)

Monsieur Aramis
Monsieur Aramis

VINTAGE: TOP SCORER: 5 from 5 - 97 P – fresh fougère – Everybody's darling in the past - until I heard from somebody crazy calling it (in the 90ies) "old-fashioned". It is not, it is a great one. But now they have slightly screwed it up! In the past it has been cleaner, more powerful, rounder. Now at 94P rather than previously 97P. Still unique, which nonchalant smartness of a slim successful junior manager of the 70ies, mellow spice, caraway, some lavender and anise surrounded by lush fougère, spring flowers and in the past a honey dry down, now more sharp but slack. The longevity of the reformulation has dramatically been reduced. Hopefully they do not continue in screwing up, or bring back the true formulation.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. It opens up with very nice herbal lavender that I like on top of oakmoss. Oakmoss starts to take center stage as time passes with lavender still lingers in the background. I haven't tried the vintage but this one has below average projection and moderate longevity on my skin. All in all, it's a modern classic that's green, herbal and mossy. It's quintessentially aromatic fougere. It could be my cheaper alternative to English Fern by Penhaligon's. I only wish performance was better.

pronose
pronose

it's not the same it used to be! the formula has changed and so does the scent! dommage!

lucasdeus94
lucasdeus94

This is a classic that should be a staple in any collector's arsenal. Has a scent that changed the game and is easily recognizable even today. Sensual and seductive at the same time that is extremelly masculine, has one of the most awesome drydowns that I have ever experienced, opening with a citrus-lavender-anise combo, going to an herbal heart and finishing with it's famous leather and oakmoss base. Even with the reformulations, still has a performance that is better than most of the ones that are being released these days. I am on the third 100ml bottle, going to a 200ml one.

mwafik10

الرائحة 6/10 drydown 7.5/10
الثبات7/10 الفوحان 6/10

jude1321
jude1321

Legendary stuff here. Very manly smell that has solid lasting power. I have the intense version of this and it smells great. a very inoffensive scent that truly is what men should smell like. not all that fascinating or anything, just a legend in the game that deserves lots of respect. can't go wrong here.

georgequeue
georgequeue

This cologne used to be a masterpiece. The vintage juice was so awesome, strong, and man-smelling...deliciousness in a bottle! It was the kind of fragrance that lasted on your skin for hours - even after washing your shirts, you could smell Azzaro Pour Homme on them! -, and projection was ridiculously powerful.

The current version is utterly disappointing; it is nothing but an underwhelming cheap-smelling EDT...What a shame!!! :(

UPDATE
Rating for the vintage juice:

Projection: 1000/10
Quality: 1000/10

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

'For men who love women who love men'.

Just that Azzaro tagline alone is classic.

Smell the original formulation if you can. Reformulation in my opinion is Azzaro on 2 meals a day, not 3.

This is a proper fougere, done right, first time, for all time.

scentedkub
scentedkub

Bought a .5oz bottle at Walmart for 2.00, well I bought two...just in case...lol...just after spraying on a paper, I can tell this smells a lot like Tuscany Per Uomo by Aramis. Just a bit more wearable perhaps. Both feel like you should probably have your sharpest, nicest suit on when you wear them, though.

Avoria
Avoria

I blind bought this and gave it to my boyfriend since I'm a bit obsessed with perfumes and are trying to make him a collector as well (it is working fine actually).

At first sniff we were both suprised and I couldn't really pinpoint the notes but after he's worn it a couple of times it has really grown.

This scent is a bit strange with the sweetness of white flowers and lack in heavy woody notes as most pour homme have but still it's deffintly a manly scent.

renzo77
renzo77

test yesterday and again this seems to me an ordinary fragrance smells ugly is strong and this fragrance is for older deprecated I do not like at all.
longevity 7/10
scent 4/10

nikkibom
nikkibom

Most sexy scent for men ever made. I remember following a man wearing this up an escalator in a shopping store just to smell his siliage....

falah.alazmi.5
falah.alazmi.5

عطر قوي جدا كلاسيكي رجالي شتوي
فوحانه قد يصل الى 6 ساعات بالشتاء
رائع
افضل انتاج لشركة Azzaro

Sherihan
Sherihan

Newly added to my collection, a new ,fresh version,smells Devine. I love the similarities between this and Samarkande by Yves Rocher. It's spicy/aromatic/fougere , as spicy notes is on the top very strong. I liked also the fact that I'm able to smell the sandal very close to top/middle place, that's make it relaxing all time scent for me. Strong,little is enough. Thank you @action for recommending this for me.

peeck@charter.net
peeck@charter.net

I picked up a 15ml bottle from Walmart for $7 in the bargain bin... I thought this blind buy might be a good scent. I sprayed a dime size spot on my hand, while my wife was pulling out of the parking lot and she almost pulled the car off the road! As she was hitting me I told her "just wait-wait... it has to get better as it dries down"...

I'm sure this is the modern version. Yes, a 80's vibe. But the next day after the scare in the car I got two sons to even try it out. I'm sure they are not going to wear it again any time soon ,but they did think it smelled good. Azzaro pour Homme does have a nice side to the fragrance after a half hour. An interesting complex spiced leather wrapped black jelly bean. I think this scent works for an older gentlemen that enjoys a timeless powerhouse!

I find this to be "grandpa version" having a RESEMBLANCE to Thierry Mugler B*Men...IMO... Much Much heavier and longer lasting...

Like MYMICKERS said on youtube. You may not like this fragrance ,but the journey of this fragrance will be an exciting one! ENJOY...

MccainIV
MccainIV

Please Friends,
try the vintage formula before a comment ;)
BIG SURPRISE, Azzaro PH is good, but vintage is... AMAZING!

cytherian
cytherian

*** UPDATE ***
I don't wear this. I have decided to get rid of it. This is the latest formulation. After being exposed to so many other great fragrances, this Azzaro just leaves me wanting. That's just my opinion, but it is based on my own personal comparison to other male fragrances of similar composition. Your mileage may vary.
;-)

Another bait-and-switch from eBay landed me the current formulation. The seller had the old version in the auction photo and claimed it was of the actual product they were selling, as they claimed it was their photo and not taken from someone else. Low and behold they sent me the new stuff. >:-(

OK...

As others have said, it's good. This is a very decent fragrance all in all, and I find it shares a similar accord with Worth Pour Homme Concentree. There's a bit of a difference, where Azzaro is sweeter with a slightly more aromatic quality. Worth Pour Homme Concentree also contains the lavender, moss, and green notes but at a stronger concentration and it whips the new version of Azzaro PH on sillage and longevity. Few people know about Worth Pour Homme Concentree so it's usually easy to pick up a 50m bottle for less than you'd pay for Azzaro, although it comes in a splash bottle with a very large opening (better to decant into an atomizer).

williamvargas

I was able to obtain some vintage azzaro in splash bottle , I have been trying to find a few of my old favorites in as vintage as possible to try and collect some. I have the reformulation and have thought good scent, masculine but not fantastic. the vintage is far superior, really surprised me, others that mentioned the vintage version of this were right on. blows me away how much more I love this fragrance now. not saying it is my favorite scent, just not realizing how much the reformulation changed this scent. and now smelling a vintage version of this I see now where they were going with this when it was first introduced. I would be surprised if anyone preferred the reformulation version of this now. and now when I read a bad review of this fragrance I will wonder if they ever had the chance to smell it then. this changed my perception of this fragrance, mostly in the opening it is hard to not notice that,,dry down is much closer . it is not always easy to find vintage fragrances that still smell the way they should or if it is worth a tremendous amount if you love this fragrance to begin with. my purchase was actually fairly reasonable as I bid on it and got lucky..i might not have picked this up otherwise. I have made a couple of bad buys on vintage fragrances... this one was a good buy..a very good buy. this is right up there with my vintage paco..i still prefer paco but it is closer than I thought it would be. overall just reinforced my love of this fragrance.
you may not enjoy this type of fragrances but if you do and can sniff some of the vintage it is worthwhile if you can. not easy to find always.

josevancouver
josevancouver

This was my signature fragrance in the '80s and '90s. I wore this a lot and I got a lot of compliments on this fragrance. When I think back to my teens and twenties, Azzaro pour Homme and the lavender top notes and musk always come to mind as well. I stopped wearing this about 15 years ago and tried wearing it again 2 years ago. As much as I wanted to like it again, the magic was gone for me. Perhaps it smells outdated. Maybe it's the reformulation. Regardless, this fragrance will always represent youth and some fun times.

dubairob
dubairob

This was one of the first fragrances I bought after realising there was a fascinating history and artistry of fragrances for me to unfold. Many would suggest that this is not necessarily a great place to start in earnest, but it certainly is a benchmark in male fragrances - unavoidably so.

Azzaro's top note of lavendar gives this an unmistakable freshness from the outset which - along with the anise - really signifies classic masculine fragrance territory. To anybody who has been smothered by citrussy aquatics for any time, this will be very different - and challenging. Nevertheless, as the dry-down develops Azzaro reveals softer, sweeter amber and vetiver notes giving the fragrance a pleasant licorice-like feel. Dark but inviting, heady but reassuring, this really does carry some complexity and intelligence.

For me, the only drawback - and one which is applicable to aromatic fougeres almost as a whole - is the question of how dated this can feel. To me, this comes across as nearly timeless. But not quite. There is still something of 1978 about this and even though it is a great fragrance, it is one that I have recently relegated from my cycle of Winter work scents to just a casual/weekender over that season instead. In short, I enjoyed more the prospect of being relaxed and even ironic with this than raising eyebrows in work.

I will always have a bottle of Azzaro PH - and will always vacillate between Like and Love - but it will always be a formidable benchmark for any man with an interest in fragrances and being well-scented.

Annevisser
Annevisser

Very very sexy masculine fragrance, which when your Skin acids react well to this after shave, makes you irresistable. This because it blends very well with fresh sweat. That is what makes this fragrance so attractive......

rum
rum

Like a Greek man with a hairy chest, sat by the beach sipping his ouzo on the rocks, this is a VERY masculine concoction of ouzo - oops, I mean anise - and lavender, set on a wider base of woods like oakmoss, sandalwood and vetiver. Definitely a summer scent in my mind, go easy on the trigger. Please.
Fancy something more modern? Try Roger & Gallet's L'Homme!

spartan

I have all formulations of Azzaro ever produced, yes I have the original formula. The Best and still in production is Azzaro Intense. To under stand what some of us find so compelling about this fragrance you must actually spray it on your skin, not a tester card. Second, let it dry down before judging it, the magic happens in the dry down about 20 to 30 minutes later! I admit the opening can be a bit harsh, it takes a bit for the Anise to settle down. I personally do not mind the opening, as I love the way this sent develops.
Azzaro and Azzaro Intense are probably A bit much for most of your 20 and under's as they have been sold on the lighter aquatics that have dominated the Fragrance landscape for the past Decade.
Another strong Masculine Fragrance that I recommend is Fahrenheit, again as with Azzaro let Fahrenheit develop before passing judgment to quickly on it.

Azzaro Curent Formulation 8/10
Azzaro Origional Formulation 9/10
Azzaro Intense Curent Formulation 10/10 Perfection.

Cuban Smoker
Cuban Smoker

Another shadow of former formulation. Previous version was a way better. Current is watered down and changed in head and heart...

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

A very sharp and masculine scent. I had a hard time to get comfortable with this scent. I would say it is not suitable for everybody, some men would be irresistible for ladies when they wear it, it must go with your characteristics. In short, if you want a versatile fragrance don't buy it otherwise a good cologne.

fagner.fcds
fagner.fcds

ACHO ESSE UM PERFUME BAKANA, VOLTADO PARA PESSOAS MAIS ADULTAS A PARTIR DE SEUS 28 ANOS, ELE DURA BEM NA PELE TEM UM OTIMO CHEIRINHO DE CAMURÇA MACIA TIPO COURO FINO E CASACO DE PELE, TEM UMA OTIMA DURABILIDADE EM MINHA PELE DE 5HRS MINHA NOTA FINAL SERIA 7.5

Arvin7
Arvin7

when you smell this fragrance it would remind you alcapon gangsters in movies

godisnowhere
godisnowhere

walk through a sandalwood forest at dawn or dusk, with lemon grass growing all around after a light drizzle, while you keep sipping your masala tea..

longevity -10-12 hrs in hot humid weather
sillage- initial 3hrs enormous, next 3 hrs moderate, and then slowly fades away.
notes- gental oud all throughout. strong lemon, lavender and anise in the opening then fade away. vetiver, oud, cardamom predominate the middle notes, whiff of musk noticeable. leather just about in the middle of the slope.
price - good buy
design- looks classy and easy to use.

using it alone or in combination with jannet el baqui nabeel which is awesome.
using it with burberry london, with the oud of azzaro ph remaining true and covering you up perfectly past the 2 hr mark of burberry london.

amjadqureshi
amjadqureshi

How badly I wanted to like it. A scent that is so highly rated by people I admire ( like Shamus and Bryan Ross), but cardamom cardamom cardamom. I can't stand it. Due to this same note, I can't admire Jaipur Pour Homme and Hermes Bel Ami either. Hard luck.

Troy Perkins
Troy Perkins

I managed to pick up a 50ml edt of the vintage version with the silver sticker on the bottle.
Sadly not my cup of tea, I can enjoy a few of the old classics (Obsession, Polo Green, Paco Rabbane PH) but this is nothing special.
My Dad only wears Rive Gauche so I doubt he'd use this, certainly no good for a date or the gym so I might just have to use this as an office scent.

Pablo90
Pablo90

I don't recommend this if you're younger than 30. It smells TOO strong and out of date.

ed
ed

This is a very masculine fragrance, a traditional fougere with an anise twist. To be worn if you want to feel like a man (whatever that involves). Personally I like it. Good for the over 25s. Oh, and it's also great value.

PS. To me, it did not smell very interesting on the testing strip, but smells good on a man.

Critic
Critic

Honestly don't get the hype. Smells a little like rive gauche. Meh.

Indranil
Indranil

After reading lot of review, bought a 100ml bottle lately. One thing that I realised soon after I tried it, never buy a perfume reading just review. Try before buy whenever possible. This is not a perfume of my kind. It's too heavy and aromatic for me. But I must admit its excellent longevity and silage.

nonsisa
nonsisa

Welcome to the gentleman's club with this scent.

Richness in lavender and a soapy touch paired with anise and some leather is mainly what you get here - at least in the current formulation. The oak moss seems to be completely gone to my nose, or maybe just a faint hint of it has remained.

Personally I tried to like it but its a bit outdated for my tastes. However I can respect it but it's just not my taste.

tkomaigo77
tkomaigo77

You know that sleazy guy at the club with the mustache who everybody thinks is totally disgusting who you accidentally slept with one night when you got really wasted, and you never told anyone, but now whenever you see him you feel a little gross and a little like you wanna get even more wasted so you can do it again? That's what Azzaro pour Homme smells like.

Marli1973
Marli1973

Well believe or not I used to wear this beauty many many years ago! God how much I loved it. I purchased a botlle few weeks ago but unfortunatelly either my sense of smell has evolved over the years or was the reformulation, either way I don't think I can pull this one anymore. However I will keep it just for the fondness and memories it brings me...even if doesn't really smell like it used to.
I would describe it as old spicy and woody.
with a very soft lavender... x

cromwellian
cromwellian

I am sure someone could do a thesis on this,based on all the reviews,positive and negative - I have over the years been drawn to some unusual challenging fragrances - Yatagan and Vintage Hermes Eau De Hermes spring to mind - its the civet in them I am drawn to - so I did not mind tackling this powerhouse - so rightly i got a bottle of vintage juice (silver label).I was careful from previous reviews to apply the lightest of sprays - infact one dose - I knew immediately where I had smelled this through top note down - If you grew up in the 1980's in the UK and walked into any classroom,or disco,you were immediately hit by the overpowering smell of 'Clearasil'acne lotion/cream - and it does not have pleasant connotations - withinan hour,I was underthe shower and two days later bottle was back on Ebay - not for me I am afraid.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Created in 1978, this cologne maybe is the greatest symbol of masculine perfumery in the world, in the same way that Chanel nº 5 stands for feminine. The difference is that the female had a little help from Marilyn Monroe, while this one, climbed the rungs of the reputation for competence, in 1st place.

Its composition has output notes of lavender, anise, sage, basil and Bourbon geranium. The heart of the fragrance contains lemon, cardamom, patchouli, vetiver and cedar; its base concentrates an extraordinary oakmoss, combined with notes of ambergris, musk and sandalwood. Some say that contains notes of leather in your base, but specialized publications contest that. Maybe, in one of its reformulations, they have included leather notes in its base.

What matters is that the aroma is strong, classy and elegant. Brings me back to the man who is conscious of his manhood and convictions, who wears a nice tux on special occasions. A classic, with no doubt!

an7779
an7779

The opening of this scent is fresh spicy with a citrus note, then dries down to a more woody aromatic scent. It reminds me of my old man's cologne & it's not my type of perfumes & I find it really hard to accept it. It just smalls like an aftershave cologne for me. I tried Azzaro Pour Homme L'Eau & never like it either, I don't know may be my nose got something with Azzaro fragrances!!

hadrian

Just few more words after my initial review.
I recently visited a northern European country - with an ApH bottle as my one and only scented weapon.
The crisp, clear & cold air around me, contaminated with this perfume, gave an astonishing result.
All I can say is "Once a winner, always a winner!".

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

عطر رجولي منعش مميز تعيش معه اجواء خاصة اللافندر واليانسون والهيل شكل مزيج رائع ما اجملة في فترة الشتاء يستحق الاقتناء رغم انه من العطوزر القديمة ولكنه رائع
هذا العطر هو سيد العطور الكلاسيكية

fuggerone
fuggerone

Had a bottle of this in 1980 a present (maybe too huge for a spotty kid) remember the citrus note was prominent..a alpha male scent, sexy to the bone you can wear it in a disco, on a bus, at work ....you will be perceived as an ultrasexy alfa male, but you have to be one in the first place...
got a new bottle yesterday, great and simple scent!

zbansingh
zbansingh

I blind bought this because this was recommended highly on basenotes and this site.
It wasn't what I expected, but it smells really good!
It takes getting used to, the opening is really harsh.
But as it dries down it smells remarkable.
I swear my dad must have worn this because it smells so familiar.
And this scent is perfect for work (I work in construction) because it's really masculine and you won't have coworkers saying you smell like a hooker!

This scent has great longevity and great spillage.
And the smell, how wonderful!
It's only because of the harsh opening that I'm docking 2 points.

An 8/10

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

I didn't like this when i first smelt it a year ago. It was too sharp and harsh for my tastes.

A year later, and my tastes have gone more toward the classics (strong) fragrances. I tried this one again the other day, and while the opening is a little sharp, it dries down on my skin to a beautiful 'GREEN' smoothness. I like it now.

NOTE: I also sprayed this on a sample card, and it smells completely different on my skin (smooth), compared to the card (which still smelt peppery and harsh). Definitely spray a sample on your skin and wait for the dry-down.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: moderate
LONGEVITY: good
SCENT: classic/green.
VALUE FOR MONEY: average

OVERALL: 7.5/10
---------------------------------------------

Geordie Sam
Geordie Sam

I'm a BIG fan of Tuscany,must be honest and say I'm nearly just as big a fan of Azzaro Pour Homme, 2 reasons,firstly it LASTS just as long and secondly for something that is one third of the cost of Tuscany and as I said lasts the same this nearly beats it but only nearly.And to think of ALL the money I have spent on Tuscany when I could have been using Azzaro.But be warned, this is NOT for jeans and t-shirt wear,this is for wearing with your best suit, a crisp open neck shirt,your best pair of loafers and a chronograph watch.
Seriously,if you do like Tuscany and you're on a budget do yourself a BIG favour and sample this stuff,happy days are here again.

markino
markino

Today i re smelled Azzaro at a perfume shop. Initially doesn t smell at all as the original formula i used to wear in the 80's. Very weak totally unknown opening then the one i remember, then after 2 hour of wait, in the drying down a very hint of the original Azzaro scent came out plasently! But still not the same powerful magic classic one. Reformulated for sure!

garamascara
garamascara

Reminds me of my dad in the 1970's. Smells to me like Old Spice layered with Brut, quite a nice combination.

Oleander & Wine
Oleander & Wine

A ferociously good cologne that makes me feel fantastic and grabs the women's interest. I have never had a scent sit so naturally on my skin. It is concentrated, liquefied, manliness.

I feel sophisticated,vivacious, yet in control. Don't mess with me when I am wearing Azzaro. It is the scent of humorless executives, no-nonsense bikers, ruthless mafia leaders, and now... me.

My oh my!!!
This stuff may well be a classic and I've nothing against old Skool fragrances when men smelled like men...even the likes of Fabergé Brut ÜBER Butch!
I genuinely couldn't stop choking though from one small spray to my wrist, awful and far too much! That being said I respect people who like it and it's status.
Also it probably is very well put together just not my cup of tea something about it that doesn't sit right.

ahmadmohee
ahmadmohee

perfume legend, the symbol of masculinity. Try it if you want to remeber your elegant Father, or Uncle who spent ther youth in the 70's.

hgonzalez
hgonzalez

Nice fragrance. My wife likes it very much. It's a formal scent but don't smell dated or offensive.

PROS:
- Affordable price
- A classic

CONS:
- Lasting power and sillage can be better.

Worth the try.

Regards.

maab
maab

A classic masterpiece.

petrus
petrus

Amour / Haine

Senteur 7.5/10 Quelque chose m'a toujours dérangé dans Azzaro pour homme. Il y a quelque chose d'anisé qui me donne l'impression de mettre du Ricard sur la peau, et je n'aime pas le Ricard, ni en goût, ni en odeur. Cependant, d'un autre côté, j'aime son côté sale et macho en diable et il me dérange par cela même. Je ne sais pas vraiment quoi en faire aussi et le porte très très peu (ma bouteille a 25 ans, les notes de tête sont détruites, mais pas les notes de coeur ni de fond, intactes...). J'aime le mettre de temps en temps car automatiquement ce sont les années 80 qui réapparaissent et tout un tas de souvenir mais cela fait bien 2 ans que je ne suis pas sorti de chez moi avec.

Longévité 2/2 Aucun problème de ce côté là !

Sillage 1.5/2 Vous ne passez pas inaperçu avec Azzaro, pour le meilleur comme pour le pire.

Masculinité 1.5/2 Parfum "macho" par excellence, sexuel avec un côté agressif. Ce qui n'en fait peut-être pas l'homme idéal. Virilité sans doute à adoucir par ailleurs.

Evolution 2.5/4 Il me fatigue et son côté sale devient assez pénible : "est-ce que je sens vraiment ça ?" et par moments, c'est pourtant cela même qui me fascine !

TOTAL 15/20

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Okay, I'm calling "reformulation" on this, but it's not a foul. In fact, it was foul before it got reformulated. Now it smells like a daddy from the 80s comforts you with a masculine chypre-fougère crossover that actually dries down with that classic structure and delectable green waxy texture that was only attainable in say... Cristalle.

Before the reformulation it smelled like it was Daddy's turn to change diapers.

gsevrain
gsevrain

Excelente fragancia, perdurable entre 7 y 9 hs. Aromatico y dulce con una mezcla entre citricos, ambar, anise y lavanda. Vale la pena tenerlo. Lo tuve hace muchos años atras. Calificacion General 8/10.

luktung

This perfume never gets old. Its not just a perfume, its a statement. A statue, a painting on the wall. A must for every self respected male.

amirabbas
amirabbas

I really like this one. My grandpa were wearing it. It connects me to old memories. I remember that I smelt it 25 years ago when I was 6-7 years old. I think the smell is not exactly the same. It's a little different, weaker in projection and longevity. The scent is very interesting, very masculine and beautiful.

The herbal notes give me good feeling. It smell a little old but I think it wearable even at this era. I've passed 30 and I think it is suitable for me to wear it in cold days few times.

The opening is sharp and bold and can be annoying for other people. I suggest you to apply it half an hour before going to public.

I've tested rive gauche too which is in the same category. Rive gauche is more modern and have better projection and longevity but this one has a better scent.

من اینو واقعا دوست دارم. پدر بزرگم این عطر رو استفاده می کرد. بوش منو می بره به خاطرات گذشته. یادم میاد که این عطر رو 25 سال پیش بو کردم زمانی که شش هفت ساله بودم. حس میکنم بوش دقیقا مثل اون زمان نیست. بوش ضعیف تر و بی کیفیت تر شده و پخش بو و ماندگاری ضعیف تری هم داره. بوی خیلی جالبی داره. خیلی مردونه هست.

در کل بوی خیلی قشنگی داره. بوی گیاهی اش حس خوبی به آدم میده. یه مقدار بوش قدیمی هست ولی فکر کنم الان هم بشه ازش استفاده کرد. البته من 30 سالگی رو رد کردم و فکر کنم برای من حداقل مناسب باشه که تو روزهای سرد سال گه گاه ازش استفاده کنم.

بوش در ابتدا خیلی تند و شدید هست و بعید نیست برای بقیه آزار دهنده باشه. بهتره نیم ساعت قبل از بیرون رفتن از خونه ازش استفاده کنید تا تندیش ملایم تر بشه.

من عطر غیو گوش رو هم تست کردم که دقیقا تو همین دسته بندی قرار میگیره. اون بوی مدرن تری داره و ماندگاری و پخش بوش خیلی بهتره ولی این بوی بهتری داره

spartan

Take A Knee, and Bow to the KING.

Redbeard
Redbeard

A lot of people say this is similar to Tuscany (or I guess vice versa) and I agree. Herbal and masculine. I find Azzaro soapier and more anisy, without the citrus...strong at the beginning but suffering more loss of strength with time than Tuscany does. It's as if Tuscany had a quieter older brother who starts out trying to be just as bold. He succeeds somewhat, but then becomes more introverted and melancholic once you've left him to his own devices for a while. Once he's done making a big entrance for the guests at the party, he retires to his bedroom to sit quietly in his stiff suit and read Poe. By the drydown, Azzaro has fallen into the background, having become powdery and boring. It frustrates me that this stuff doesn't bother to keep my interest more during the drydown with anything noticeably nose-catching. A similar but not identical fate to that of Rive Gauche. The verdict: Bring me my Tuscany!

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Why did it take me so long to buy this beauty? I have it now, no sense looking back. As others here have mentioned APH is everything that most product today isn't... a classic gentleman's scent that screams maturity and class.Good sillage and great longevity. If you're over 40, go get it and up your game. 9.5 / 10

VintageDuneFan
VintageDuneFan

Sadly, the reformulated version has nothing to do with the wonderful sillage and longevity of the vintage version. The current smell of Azzaro Pour Homme is very dissapointing. You feel like you're smelling a quite different and cheaper fragrance. I had my last bottle back in 1993, when I was sixteen; I got a lot of compliments when wearing this wonderful juice. I used to think Azzaro Pour Homme was the smell of happiness. A couple of weeks ago, I was close to buying a brand new bottle, but after trying some sprays on my wrist, I felt sad about the poor product I was about to take home.

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

Fresh and clean with old school thrown in there....along the lines of sung pour homme and others but very complex and masculine....basically what fragrances for men have gotten AWAY from recently...many recent fragrances are soft and powdery and sweet...when they should be( in my opinion) rough around the edges and ballsy with bite..spicy and aeromatic..confident and in charge...not whiney and self obsessed and whimpy like things have gotten even outside fragrance( the recent music for example..lol)..nothing worse then whiney weak guys droning on about failed this and failed that....

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: * * * * * (masterpiece)

Azzaro Pour Homme is rightfully recognized as one of the all-time masculine classics. This is a scent that has withstood the test of time and remained relevant.

And with good reason: Azzaro PH is a wonderfully complex, soothing fragrance. It has some similarities to another classic, Rive Gauch PH, but Azzaro has a bit more "sexual edge" to it. There are animalic undertones in this that take it more toward the "ladykiller" end of the fragrance spectrum (as opposed to the "professional" or office end).

That is not to say that Azzaro PH is not a suitable office fragrance. It certainly is! But where Rive Gauche conveys stability, integrity, maturity, and loyalty, Azzaro hints at young alpha male aggression. The accomplished, utterly secure veteran wears Rive Gauche. The up-and-comer wears Azzaro.

Sillage: 3/5

sapientia
sapientia

Azzaro pour Homme was my father's signature fragrance. Masculine, arrogant (in a good way), confident and so seductive. I grew up with this. I remember putting some drops on me just to "take" my dad with me all day at school. Now I still can't accept the fact that he passed away eleven months ago. So strong feelings for such a great perfume....

10/10 for sure

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

So much has already been said about this classic. Simply wonderful. As for application: one spray under each arm is all you need. I have tried different applications and they are too much; this one works beautifully.

Good for any weather and any time of day.

vaibsankhla
vaibsankhla

old school manly.
very sharp opening.

feel a bit concerned wearing it in public straight away because it is so strong and people will definitly know you just applied a cologne.

so give it 10 mins before u step in public.

great fresh smell.

iconoclast
iconoclast

Truly a masterpiece and one of the best male fragrances ever, period. I remember using it around 1985 (the version with a silver label and smaller lid) as a teenager and found the sillage was the most astounding I had ever experienced then or ever since. Very much more recent bottles I've had smell the same as the 1985 version I had, but are definitely not as potent (sillage or longevity), almost certainly due to a reformulation. Shame also that the current bottle design is cheap and nasty - it's almost as though Azzaro have become complacent with its presentation as they recouped their costs on this long running classic fragrance many moons ago.

jérémie.simonet
jérémie.simonet

Its too strong.

adi1
adi1

Back in the day... great. Now, not so much...

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

vieja escuela, lavanda jabonosa fresca y varonil colonia, si te gustan los vintage aromas te encantara el clasico azzaro para hombres, yo alguna ves lo use y me encantaba las capas con brut.

petranfx

know everyone if this fragrance be reformulated .My father say that it smell different back in 80s

fragrantpete.
fragrantpete.

I bought this on the recommendation of Luca Turin..who I find to be an extremely reliable guide...but I find the inclusion of this in his top ten as baffling as his hatred for all things Creed.
Its certainly not nasty..
But its certainly not subtle.
Its rather like Drakkar Noir.
To use a term from my Brit working class background..its common. Which means in this context slightly vulgar.
Its car sales room.
Its Swiss Tony.

ruchitdave23
ruchitdave23

this is one of those perfumes i loved when it was released because it was unique then but it has not survived the test of time ........gradually its lost its carm and has become more and more like a nagging housewife..."beautiful only in soft light and only when she is asleep"

nothing against the ppl who still love this scent ,cheers to u guys......but try checking out the new scents released especially in the last decade.

the perfume industry has really evolved in the last few years........and its for the best .

sussex2
sussex2

I have found that I need to use around five or six sprays to get the most out of this fragrance. I normally use three or four sprays of most EDTs. The sillage is very loud at first but quickly diminishes to medium or low. A lower volume seems to suit a fragrance of this type with its sharp bitterness.

For me this is bright anise from beggining to end. Other notes rise and fall in the background but the anise stays firm throughout.

Azarro Pour Homme is beautiful but with a beauty devoid of any feminine qualities. It has the powerful lines of a Greek God sculptured from pure white marble. Brought to life by the shadows cast about its form in the midday sun.

Edit: Having since tried several leather fragrances, including The Knize 10, my mind now interprets Azzaro a little differently. It now feels like a dry leather. Something like the musty leather seats in a vintage luxury car. Still very manly.

Also, it seems to work even better in the summer months. It radiates well from a warm body and mixes well with perspiration.

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

Not my cup of tea. Too much anise,it smells "thin", and I like thick and stiff scents. Obviously, I'm no saying it's a bad scent, just I expected a lot more from the legend.

rockets
rockets

Every time I hear this stuff I can not help but go back in time and imagine, the opening is pretty cool curious and almost astringent (anise) then it is an apotheosis of wood spice and leather, it's great and extremely manly.
Many years have passed but this fragrance is still very current, of course, is for those over 40 but nobody forbids that other people can make use of, it is a mark of distinction as the mark of a Clan.
timeless

petranfx

smell like and aftershave my father says tha in 80s that hi wore this cologne the smell was different thn in our days

Very masculine, skews on the mature side. Aromatic, bitter, woody. Starts with strong anise and vetiver. Dries down warm and a bit mossy with hints of caraway.

tymanski
tymanski

you may not dig azzaro but you gotta at least respect it if you clain to love perfumery. this is a very well-constructed, if not textbook, aromatic fougere that not only doesn't come off dated , it positively radiates timelessness. vive azzaro!

Maggie_Everk123
Maggie_Everk123

Ugly bottle design, but has a strong-powerful scent.

Alex Souza
Alex Souza

Delícia de perfume.Tem um cheiro muito agradável e faz muito sucesso além de ser popular.Não vejo idade certa para usar pois sou jovem e adoro essa fragrância.Vale muito a pena ter!

manzoor86
manzoor86

its bold,dynamic,wintery and falls nights aroma,head notes are alluring & appealing,friends who don't like this frag must improve their taste.
i love this

fragrance_fan
fragrance_fan

When I want to feel fresh and clean and like I've been hiking in the Alaskan outdoors this is the one for me.

It has a rugged feeling to it. It ain't weak at all.
It's like a karate chop to the neck vs a poke in the eye. Strong and not cheap smelling.

I squirt this on when I want to feel like I can wrestle a bear - a bear that smells really great!

Jun0711
Jun0711

This is good casual cologne for adult people. This is good for Fall season.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Smells barbershop like for sure. Almost a Old Spice vibe to it. Very powerful classic powerhouse frag. Use sparingly for maximum results.

aromaphile
aromaphile

-3.4oz EDT purchased blind for $29.99 @ Marshalls- All hail subjectivity! There are people out there that would advise against coming into contact with this caustic juice. Others sing the praises of Azzaro Pour Homme being the "truth". APH is perhaps an acquired "taste", or maybe just what the doctor ordered. Personally, though I am unable to compare to the original formulation, this stuff is hands down better than %90 of releases today. Smooth, masculine and quite enjoyable.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Another stop on the Luca Turin Best Masculines tour, so I looked forward to smelling it. I sprayed some on a card at Ulta and sniffed. My initial impession was not totally good. Whoa. Is that... lacquer? Okay, wait for a while, let it dry down. Try some on my wrist. Two hours later I was frantically washing it off. A scrubber.

You know the opening scene in "Saturday Night Fever," where John Travola is walking down a Brooklyn street? That's what it invoked. An ethnic hair oil vibe. I was trying to remember what this stuff reminded me of, and finally it hit me. When I was a teen my Dad used to work with a guy who wore Tres Flores hair oil (you won't find it in the fragrantica database). I used to sniff some when I was in drugstores, just because it smelled so bad - I was astonished that anyone would buy it. That's what the Azzaro base notes reminds me of.

Needless to say, this is not for me. I couldn't live with it. No, no, no.

------------

Update: Thinking that Luca Turin certainly *must* know what he's talking about and being aware that some people have different experiences with a fragrance on a second try, I tried wearing this for a day. Big mistake. It's still awful. He called it "slightly vulgar and delicious." Not enough on the first count and wrong on the second.

But it inspired me. I came up with a product that desperately needs to be marketed: Scrubber For Men. It's Arm and Hammer baking soda in a suspension solution to neutralize scents like Joop! or Azzaro which one has unthinkingly and unfortunately sprayed upon oneself.

The ad campaign: "Scrubber For Men - We all make mistakes. But they don't have to last all day."

---------------

Update to the update: I put this stuff on at 6:30 AM. It is now 11:16 PM after I scrubbed my neck. I. Can. Still. Smell. It. It's like the Mafia: You can never voluntarily leave it.

pdschrader
pdschrader

This is perhaps the most dated smelling cologne I own. I don't wear it often, but sometimes on a day off, I put it on. It still smells great, but I have to admit, makes me think of college and disco, which occasionally is not a bad thing at all.

AbBlue
AbBlue

My third bottle in about 22 years... is good to have this one back on my wardrobe. The first one was a gift, and some kind of lesson about what cologne should be. The timing was perfect, because everybody were crazy about Drakkar Noir. The magic is still there after all those years, just full of memories.
***
Mi tercera botella en unos 22 años... es bueno tenerla de vuelta. La primera fue un obsequio y un poco una lección sobre lo que una colonia debía ser. Llegó en el momento perfecto, porque todo el mundo estaba loco con el Drakkar Noir. La magia sigue ahí, después de todos esos años, sólo que llena de recuerdos.

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

Revisited this one after many years. I bought it because I remembered how much I enjoyed it many years ago and to be honest it smells exactly the way I remember it with the addition of a little bit more fresh citrus. This fragrance is the king of the aromatic fougrere for me. It is just the right mix of herbs, spice, floral, woods and moss. It's a really smooth dance.

From the start the fragrance has a barbershop shaving cream soft undertone juxtaposed to the citrus and spice - giving it a subtle freshness throughout. The drydown is nice and leathery with some floral and masculine oakmoss note to the finish. What a nice and memorable classic scent. Wearable any time of the day although it seems tailored for cooler weather. A very enjoyable and original masculine scent - even after all these years.
Spray this one on your clothes if you want that fresher, creamier just shaved feeling otherwise directly on the skin to make the deeper base notes punch a bit more.

hadrian

Oh, yes, this is a classic beauty!
Last year I used it intensively and I felt that kind of self-confidence that we sometimes need. That*s why I recommend it to every man who search for a mood-booster. Spicy and colorfull. Timeless... elegant... manhood in a bottle. Three shots and you will have it half a day... at least. A good omen from the 70*s.
Overall, a deserved 9+/10

Thiago Mendes
Thiago Mendes

Perfume que na minha opiniao serve para ser usado apenas no inverno.
Poucas pessoas gostam dele de verdade.
Se voce usar esse perfume, a quantidade de gente que nao vai gostar será maior do que a de gente que vai gostar...
Eu gosto e já usei.
Se voce tem uma namorada e voces gostam do perfume, pode usar tranquilo. Mas se voce é solteiro, nao é bom usar esse perfume pra procurar mulher porque é arriscado, pode ser sucesso ou nao.

Aroma: 6,5/10
Fixacao: 10/10
Projecao: 10/10

stromboli77
stromboli77

I just recently blind bought this. When I first sprayed it on I was a bit underwhelmed and turned off by the herbel bitterness of the opening. I thought I had accidently bought a bottle of aramis.lol HOWEVER I'm glad I had stuck around for the ride!!!! What starts out as an extremely green basily and herbel opening smooths down into a beautiful blend of patchouli, amber, and dark floral oakmoss..mmmmmm. I personally love the smell of oakmoss in a men's fragrance. I know some of the younger generation might dissagree but to me it adds a flair of timeless sophistication. (think drakkar noir). I like the added touch of sweet amber in this which brings a good deal of balance. Old school but with a modern touch. Spicy and a bit herbal but with clean aeromatic overtones. Move over aqua di gio your older brother is gonna show you how its done!! A true classic!!

egeliegeli
egeliegeli

riecht wie tanne

amelie
amelie

@UltraBlack7...gut gesagt, formal und klassisch bitter. Ich mag diesen Duft so sehr, der Geruch von einem echten Mann, wie Rive Gauche.

Grüße, amelie

Ultra.Black7
Ultra.Black7

تلخ و رسمی و کلاسیک
واسه استفاده تو مجالس بهتر جواب میده تا برای استفاده روزانه
یکم بوش منو یاده بروت میندازه

sniffmaster
sniffmaster

Smells nice but the dry-down clearly lacks the aromatic warmth that you find in Kouros and Ted Lapidus PH

Theperfumeman
Theperfumeman

@Happeniz - Agree.

Used 6 sprays - (4 on the neck and 2 on the wrists). Hardly a sniff after 4-5 hours of application.

Is good while it lasts with Amber, musk and leather playing out well in the dry down. Sillage is moderate at best.

Overall probably more of a scent for yourself than to show off to others.

Does it remind someone of Old Spice??

Overall score - 7/10.

Happeniz
Happeniz

I've got a serious issue with longevity here. Lasts 2h and then it's gone. Shame, like the fragrance quite a bit.

Edit: Doubling up is a way to go. 2 x 5 spritzes and it lasts and projects well. Great frag!!!

Anonymouse
Anonymouse

I just purchased a 1.7 oz (50 ml) of this old school classic for $10 USD. Fantastic buy. The smell is full and sophisticated, clean, herbal, and green. It will remind of you of older scents but the scent itself is not dated. A great addition to my modest wardrobe and at that price I could not pass it up. Was at a TJ Maxx searching for baby clothes for niece and nephew, lo and behold their mens frag section had an A*Men Sunessence, Cool Water, Azzaro Pour Homme, Nautica Voyage, Quorom, most of the main CK line, and at least 20 others, all well below retail. I'll likely be back for Quorom, Dunhill Desire for men, and the Mugler A*Men Sunessence. So stoked.

samatl74
samatl74

This is a very potent gentleman's frag. When I got this I thought it smelled a bit cheep and dated, however as I wear this (not too often) people do say I smell great. It's truly a masculine scent and has the silage of a Drakkar. It's not for everybody but it is for those who are older classy men. You go more than two sprays with this you are going to smell nasty and nobody will like you and you will be one of "those guys". Don't do it!. One on the neck and one on the chest (under the shirt). This is too cloying for two shots on the neck pulse points.

bruno.enrico1
bruno.enrico1

I had a bottle of this, but I didn't like because it remembers me some old fragrances my granddad had.
It smelts old perfumes.

Bierko
Bierko

veteran, has to be part of the collection is fantastic!

shamus1

Putting my two cents in on this whole vintage vs. current formula debate. I own a bottle of vintage juice, as pictured above (3rd down from the top, with the sticker on the front), as well as a bottle with the glass embossed logo, which I bought about five years ago.

I smell almost no difference between the two. The only difference is in the top notes, where the vintage has stronger, more aggressive top notes of citrus, herbs and patchouli. After about a half hour, the two versions are virtually the same perfect fragrance.

I see no reason to scour the earth for a vintage bottle. The difference between versions is certainly nothing to cry about. I'm happily wearing my newer version, getting the same feeling I get from the old. And Azzaro Pour Homme is a fragrance I wear regularly!

summerjet
summerjet

This reminds me of so many other bargain bucket fragrances. It hangs in the throat and never manages to deliver what it promises. It gives a glimpse of spice at first, but is soon overpowered by a dull chemical smell. Shame; I wanted this to work.

NHIndian24
NHIndian24

This is a good cologne, but to me, this just smells like a stripped down Drakkar Noir. Not that that's a bad thing, it just has less citrus, woods, and completely lacks the sweet green notes of Drakkar. It still contains the lavender, herbs, and leather of Drakkar which is what still makes this a good fragrance. Good longevity of 8-10 hours, and I'm not sure how the sillage is, I haven't gone out wearing it. I'm not bad mouthing Azzaro PH, it's just that I'd rather wear a richer smelling cologne like Drakkar. Definitely worth looking into if you like classic powerhouses.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Azzaro Pour Hommme is a nice woody and warm everyday fall/winter fragrance. Spray just a little bit and and it lasts all day. This reminds me of Dial antibacterial soap in a bottle

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR,
You have entered the Alfa's territory.... excuse me while I mark A tree.
Females take notice and Beta's step aside.
Nuff Said

garett
garett

It is a metalhead rockstar of by gone period.THe SA told me it has 350 ingredients , right or wrong , i love this , let people say it is for the hairy males or blah blah , shaven chest or not having a chest , this perfume kills the others.Makes me sleep with composure.Love you azzaro pour homme, it's a strong man's scent it's in your face scent.It just needs exposure to the teeny boys who are dying for fresh aquatics these day.I would say god damn boy you killing my buzz.

periquito89
periquito89

I always associated this scent as an old type of scent of the oldest men, one of those I figured I would not use these days. I smelled it around and what I got from sillage was an unmistakable man scent, remarkable and discrete at the same time. Very good, and for sure not "grandpa". Strong yes but not overbearing as I thought so. Now I have one, without a fraction of regret.

Very good indeed.

Migalex
Migalex

I do not know why fragrantica keeps the launching date 1978, because the scent sold these days has nothing to do with the original, does not even resembling it from far away. If Azzaro pour homme has ever been a classic, which I am not sure about, the current version is not that classic. The original was a very faint scent with no hint of anise. And although I never appreciated it, for the scent and for the strength, which I always found too weak and with extremely poor lasting power, I find the current version, as for the scent, quite unpleasant. It is quite strong, which from my viewpoint would be a very good thing if I liked the scent. It is so overwhelmingly dominated by a sharp, bitter, plain smell of anise, which nevertheless in other scents I quite like, but here combined in so crude a way with the fougere (lavender + oakmoss) theme makes it to me quite unwearable. But this is my opinion. Diversity is what makes the world a rich place and life worth being lived.

Azzaro pour Homme may be somewhat dated, yet it has this strong sense of masculinity which you'll be hard pressed to find in modern day perfumery. With Enrique Iglesias being the modern day face for Azzaro, there are hopes that it will appeal to younger male consumers.

One thing that is fairly evident when smelling Azzaro pour Homme is its obvious strength. It opens very aromatic and thick, with lavender, caraway, basil and a note reminiscent of pine scented disinfectant. It is sharp, bold and very 'in-your-face'. I suppose that's what makes it so interesting. From a female perspective, I would be intrigued by the man who is daring enough to wear it.

Many fans refer to Azzaro pour Homme as an old-school classic. I somewhat agree. There's a lot to like about it, although it may not suit everyone's tastes. I find that you need a healthy appreciation of spices, herbs (lavender and anise in particular), and leather to enjoy Azzaro pour Homme.

Although extremely masculine and rugged, I think a daring woman could easily pull this off. The drydown is where this fragrance is at its smoothest, and it is during this stage that I enjoy wearing it myself. Despite its popularity, I can't say that I've passed many men in the street wearing this. Basic citrus colognes still seem to be the majority, and I think that's a shame.

Like many fragrances from the 70's, Azzaro pour Homme has bold sillage and great lasting strength. I'm curious as to whether this fragrance has ever undergone a reformulation. I find this long-standing classic, fascinating to say the least.

Giv1952
Giv1952

i use this since i was 16. a unique fragrance, warm and fesh at the same time. The Shower Bath is amzing.

Daniel74
Daniel74

This fragrance is a real matter of men...an authentic classic.

brigittehiroshi
brigittehiroshi

Long time ago I used to wear Paco Rabanne, when a friend of mine just gave me Azzaro as a present to make me change my fragrance. They told me that already too many people were using Paco Rabanne and Azzaro, instead, would be a more distinctive fragrance.

Well, I tried and I found the scent not too bad, with the mix of lavender and lemon at the beginning and a nice musky drydown. The projection was good, longevity was ok, but nothing special, and altogether was a nice fragrance but nothing else.

I finished my bottle and I never bought a new one. After being a companion of Paco Rabanne parfum for longtime, I couldn't simply change to Azzaro. If I had to change my perfume (what I did), I had to do it for a fragrance that made me feel as if I had wings and made my skin trembling of pleasure when receiving the perfume, but this didn't happen with Azzaro. I felt it was a nice and not bad fragrance but I don't hear the bells when I'm wearing it.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

I agree that Azzaro smells magnificent. It is heady, wildly fragrant, confident, and as appealing as a masculine scent can possibly be. But this big, beefy hairy wrestler of a cologne has me in a vicious headlock the entire time I'm wearing it.

Padhee83
Padhee83

In this era of gourmand and fresh scents,this fantastic scent has survived and still going strong.This proves the worthiness and class of Azzaro PH.Definitely one of my favorites.Does not last as long as I would have wanted.Maybe the current formulation has a weak juice or I am using an old batch but it does not last beyonf 5 hours,which is still good for the price..Aromatic fougere at its best.Anise and lemon in the initial phase and the dry down has nice ambergris and musky vibe to it.Sexy scent.......All time classic which can survive any era.Thumbs up to the perfumers for such a complex scent.

coooolash

easybeauty.via giolitti

Latin lover perfume!

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

I enjoy this one more than Grey Flannel. There is one particular fragrance that stands out a bit and makes it less than it should be. I do like the overall spicy/woody/evergreen scent of this one.

muglerian7
muglerian7

Such a classic! Sexy, seductive, and masculine.. not as harsh or in your face as other "70's" men fragrances.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

A pain on the neck.
Why is this thing so damned buyed in my country ? It smells simply hawfull. I hate it. The fragrance goes nowhere, is overpowered, a real joke. I know people who like it very much ; well I assume this is magic of perfume... It's just that I don't get this one.

Lasting : good
Singularity : none as it is top 5 selled fragrances (at least in France)

RobAtSGH
RobAtSGH

Azzaro Pour Homme is an aromatic fougere in a land full of aromatic fougeres. It's well-put-together, nicely balanced, but not a particular standout. Then again, I'm not the biggest fan of this style, so I acknowledge my bias.

It starts out green, with dry citrus peel and a healthy hit of anise. It settles into its comfortable fougere zone of oakmoss, sage, and muted lavender, with hints of cedar popping through with a little musk to give it a solid base.

Throughout it all, the anise is always present. Overall, it's Rive Gauche Pour Homme with black jellybeans added. Be it 25 years Azzaro's junior, I still seem to like the YSL fragrance better in the wide swath of men's fragrance that centers on this particular genre.

It's green, it's clean, it's decidedly a man's fragrance. If that's your butter zone, then APH is probably a good buy for you.

pob75
pob75

I'm fully expecting this review to receive lots of thumbs down and disappear but I really don't understand what is so great about this scent. Not a nice smell initially, only an alright smell once it settles, only average longevity and not particularly strong.

It has what I am starting to consider the "Azzaro signature" - it starts off harsh, sharp, quite unpleasant and synthetic. [I am coming to the conclusion that Azzaro scents are just not for me]

After it settles it is alright, but only alright, nothing more. After two hours it is smoother and less sharp. The drydown is quite nice. It still smells reasonably strongly on my skin at 6 hours but has almost no projection at that point. It pretty much disappears on me at 7 or 8 hours.

I like "old school" scents and I love fougeres, but for me this doesn't stand out from the crowd - there are others that I like a lot more, that cost less and are longer lasting. Maybe this would fit the bill if you are after an "old school" fragrance with less sour/bitter/animalic notes than most of them have. In my mind it is a halfway house between the full blooded older scents and the more modern masculine ones.

Somewhere between "alright" and "quite good". Nothing special for me. Found it very disappointing after all the rave reviews below. Won't be getting this again.

word-doctor
word-doctor

INITIAL REVIEW: This may be dated for many. For me it's perfect: spice, wood, bordering on harsh when applied, then muting some on drydown. Decent but not obnoxious projection. Longevity @ 8 hours, though there's little projection at that point. My wife really, really likes this one. I wear to work during our relatively mild winters and anytime at home.

EDIT: My favorite. Little too much for summer on the Gulf Coast, but great when it cools down. I know this is too much for some folks, but it works for me even at the office (I'm not the most refined hombre in higher ed).
Sillage: 9/10

abdul hammad
abdul hammad

Smells harsh,to some extent cheap and a little dated.

the time for harsh oakmossy fragrance like azzaro pour homme,kouros,paco rabanne pour homme etc. is over.and as for smelling manly c'mon there are loads of other modern scents that smell even more manly and sophisticated than the ones mentioned above.

DO TRY BEFORE YOU BUY THIS FRAGRANCE

RobbieX

Really gorgeous, sophisticated man's scent. Almost the perfect men's cologne. Sillage and staying power are good. Cuba Black is a close copy buy it's staying power isn't as good. Beautifully blended, it's the real definition of a classic!

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

Welcome to the real world gents!

Great scent where you gotta make sure you are wearing something that can match the distinctive notes this cologne puts out!

It is not too "uppity" and not too "dressed down" just right. I think it turns green later in its life. Wore this one day on the mass transit and I could tell it caught the attention of an attractive girl. Once we boarded the bus she made sure to sit right in front of me when the bus was almost empty.

You don't have to have deep pockets to purchase this classic. Yes, Cuba's Black fragrance is a clone, try them both see which one is better!

martin.bush
martin.bush

Just picked up a bottle from Maxx and did a small test run. What a full scent. After an hour or so I kept being reminded of a scent from the past, and just couldn't put a finger on it. Then bam it hit me. About fifteen years ago I bought a backpack from a guy in college and the inside had this incredible smell. I asked him what it was and he didn't know. And now so many years later I found my answer. It's Azarro PH.

I absolutely think this is one tremendous scent. I have been collecting colognes for many years (200+ bottles) and I'm astounded I haven't purchased this earlier.

Can't wait to try it tomorrow for a full day.

cyber861

این ادکلن منو یاده یه ادکلنی دیگه میندازه که دیگه خیلی ساله نیست و اون آدیداس آبی هست که اون زمان فقط آدیداس همین یه مدل رو میزد.خیلی خاطره انگیزه برام.چون اولین ادکلنه من اون آدیداس بود.

LSDnSideBurns
LSDnSideBurns

Confident, masculine, handsome, sturdy... Top shelf juice. Reminds me of Rive Gauche, though, to be fair, Azzaro beat it by a quarter century. A few things set it apart from its YSL sucessor. Rive Gauche is pretty easy-going by comparison. Azzaro has a sharp oakmoss/lavender opener that is common for fragrances of this vintage. I quite like the opening, but I don't doubt it could assault the occasional innocent bystander.

The dry-down is wonderful and worth the wait. Very classic (or dated, depending on who you ask), barer-shop smell. Has little to offer to the GTL crowd. I get a lot of compliments from older women, not so much the younger ones.

Can be had for less than half-price, because it is no longer "fashionable". I say fashion comes and goes, style lasts forever. Despite the cost, the quality of the juice is good. Longevity, projection and silage are all great. It never smells synthetic or chemical at any time. I get a whole workday out of a few sprays. I could probably spray more.

thor
thor

A Masterpiece. Period !!!

Azzaro Pour Homme is one perfume that will always be in my rotation. I just can't seem to be able to live without it. One of the best barber shop scents out there(if not the best).

Some say its dated and old-fashioned(maybe for guys who love smelling like the fairer sex). Well thats just too bad because i've never come across a more civililized, disciplined and sophisticated male fragrance. Its perfection in a bottle, really.

Everything about this scent is so masculine (from its citrusy opening to its leathery-sweet and musky dry-down). I own both the old and new formulations and even though there are differences between the two, the gulf is not much. The vintage is defintely stronger and seems to have more oakmoss while the new formulation is more anise-dominated.

I also think its a little unfair to blatantly criticize the new formulation. Even though there's not a shred of doubt that the vintage formulation is definitely better when it comes to longevity and sillage, the new formulation is not too far behind. I love the old formulation and i like the new one too. The new Azzaro pH is a little less aggressive and more disciplined. I get a longevity of 7 hrs out of the new formulation with a projection which is above average.

Every man should have Azzaro pH in his wardrobe (irrespective of whether its the old or new formulation). Both are Great !

misterjohn
misterjohn

After surveying the Fragantica community as to the best value fragrances out there, Azzaro pH received many recommendations. Reading the reviews gave me more confidence that I would really like this one. So I took the plunge and picked up a 1oz bottle quite inexpensively on eBay. The fragrance opens with a sort of medicinal quality on top of a complex blend of floral and citrus. Bergamot was the only scent that I could clearly pick out, the rest sort of blended together. It's an open that reminds me of what "classic" men's cologne smells like. Very retro feeling. For me, this was a plus rather than a minus. After a little while, the medicinal property dies off and it's a clean, spicy scent that is very masculine. The best part is the drydown--wonderful leather with undertones of musk and what I can only describe as a "shimmer" of amber.

Longevity is quite good, projection is about average. Compared to another 80s powerhouse, Polo, Azzaro pH is not a monster scent. (Note: I have the reformulation and not the vintage.) It's quite comfortable to wear in just about any setting.

Overall, this is a very pleasant scent, well-constructed, complex, and interesting. But it's a like and not a love. For all its craftsmanship, the scent doesn't grab me and pull me in. It isn't magical or mysterious in the way that Dreamer by Versace is. I agree that it is a good value, but cannot see myself buying a big bottle once this is gone. Rating: 7/10.

haasemanzi
haasemanzi

Azzaro is not old or modern, is eternal !!!!!

nikthegrek
nikthegrek

test it again after so many years..so nice barber smell..too bad it has been watered and toned down,,it is not what it used to be,,
i dont understant why they do that,,
not gonna buy it again..

CHSeifert
CHSeifert

A true masterpiece. A classic. A hidden gem !

Barber shop scented anise with a bit of lemon and leather in the background.
Very good longevity, I get 8-10 hours typically from 5-6 sprays.
I got the 200 ml EDT bottle, love this stuff - if I wasn't a collector, I would use this along with 4-5 other frags as my signature scents.

In the Barber shop category only one other fragrance rivals this masterpiece, YSL Rive Gauche. Also a favorite of mine ;)

I have to give this a 10/10 - the perfect barber shop scent, and I'm an anise fan, so have to say this fragrance is done to perfection.

ericrico
ericrico

This is a classic, undeniably. I have Vintage formulation and love the gorgeous anise note and the harmony of lavender (among other florals), nice green herbal notes, amber, musk, nice wood (including vetiver) and wonderful oakmoss I get - it takes me back. The fragrance is very warming and evokes a sense of class. There is a great leather note in here as well. I adore the realm of aromatic fougeres and classic scents from the 70's & 80's - and this is a great, timeless scent. Azzaro Pour Homme today has been left with less strength and longevity (and little oakmoss due to regulations) - as all new reformulations have. But, it still is a great classic scent - spend the money and look for Vintage if you really appreciate classics & know it from before (or want to know just how Azzaro Pour Homme smelled for over 2 decades before IFRA regulation). Otherwise, enjoy the bottle in production today and get a good taste of how things used to be like. A must for any man who is into fragrance. Vintage - 9+/10.

Update: I ventured forth and bought (mostly out of sheer curiosity) the new bottle of Azzaro Pour Homme. This has definitely changed, and not for the better, but revising my review (to a degree), this is still very good. I love anise - that first has to be said. The warm anise note in vintage that is smoothed over by lavender and elegant leather (even on the top) is now louder, sharper and brighter in current formulation. The citrus has also been turned up some - which, blended with the bolder anise, makes this a little more pungent and slightly bitter at first...but it does warm up well. The middle is more hollow compared to vintage, too (I do get some light sandalwood, amber, wood and green herbal notes - which is what keeps this reformulation solid) and while oakmoss may still be a mentioned note still (.1% of the composition max.), it is now Treemoss that is more forward (as listed on the bottle itself as an ingredient) due to current regulation. I find a light woody vetiver and nice patchouli note in current formulation, but only a touch of leather.

Regarding Current vs. Vintage Formulation:
The bottle of current EdT I have shows better now - not as good as Vintage Azzaro Pour Homme, but as I raised my score and can honestly say, "good". There is a comparative issue here - I have Vintage and know how this used to smell with the deep oakmoss, richer depth and better longevity. This is still very impressive and something I would wear over "mainstream" fragrances, but it is falling short of what it used to be...so, this is difficult. If I didn't know Vintage, I would give Current formulation a higher rating, which I feel is of importance to state. While, in a way, this is a comparative review of formulations...it is key to note that both formulations of this classic scent are both worthy.

I like to layer current EdT and the excellent Splash After Shave and then (in the heart) once the top notes have integrated into the wearing...apply a nice application of Vintage juice, elsewhere (a blended wearing). I find this gives the best possible wear of the scent. Truly full, rich and very aromatic. Azzaro Pour Homme has decent projection and good longevity. It wears as an "aura-scent", so once the top notes warm to your skin, it radiates about a foot or so around you (a bit louder on fabric) and is very responsive to body heat. Often referred to as, "the Azzaro-vibe"...it is very sensual and nice for intimacy. I prefer it on my skin, but a few shots to my shirt increases the duration and silage. The top and heart notes also stay longer.

Updated Score: Vintage Azzaro Pour Homme - 9+/10 and truly wonderful
**Updated** - Current Formulation Azzaro Pour Homme - 7.5/10, still very good.

Always a pleasure to wear. Timeless. Masculine. Aromatic, radiant, classic with an awesome, warm vibe.

xerces1492
xerces1492

Classic scent but it really is for men 30 and up. It has definite staying power, the sillage is not as good but it certainly isn't off-putting like a lot of "classic" scents out there. Very tame.

MrMookie

I just wore Azzaro PH this week and its the new one, ok i must adjust some thngs first i need to get the old one to give an exact opin. but ok, i still love the sucker its a warm ,classy mens scent. not as sharp and long lasting as the vintage but it rocks for me.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

What does 'old man smelling' mean exactly? Elegant, strong, refined, sophisticated? Lacking lightness, bubble gum and water notes? Sounds good to me!
I'm so sick of people ripping on fragrances that came before the dawn of aquatics and freshies. Azzaro Pour Homme was excellent when it came out in 1978, so there's no reason why it wouldn't be good now. A quality cologne is timeless and doesn't have an expiration date in terms of style.
Azzaro Pour Homme > Chrome.

Yan9
Yan9

This is a perfect combination from top to base notes. I enjoy drydown more. Longevity of this PH is excellent, Silage is great too. I don't khow how this was before reformulation and it's good because my opinion is absolute based on current formulation without comparison.

Definitely a must try.

My ratings out of 10 are -:

Scent- 8.5
Silage - 9
Longevity - 9

Overall 9

Still noticeable after 9 hours.

Stockham
Stockham

Unfortunately I bought a bottle before I read that it had been reformulated.
However, all is not lost. The original, with silver sticker and writing on the front, is readily available in Saigon for about $US 70 for the 100ml bottle. A few squirts and it lasted all day,even noticeable after a swim at the Rex Pool.

@Dazed:
You are so true : "it's (was) memories in a bottle"
Too bad they adjusted it for the masses , never change a winning team.
Thats why i like the scents from back in the days more.
And its not all 80-90's scents i love because of its memoires.. there are some (not many) who make me a happy sniifer from the new ones too (terre d'hermes)

Im now gonna find myself a vintage Azzaro (grey/white) logo instead of all glass and Enrique Iglesias promoted bottles...

DaZeD
DaZeD

The definition of an all time classic, and probably the best known of them all.

Azzaro is unique and 100% masculine, there's nothing like it. I love this scent with all of my heart because i've known it all of my life, i grew up with it, my dad used to wear this for ages and later i adopted his habbit.

It's a very warm, pleasant, cozy and comforting scent, i hope this will never be discontinued!The world wouldn't be the same anymore :D

Edit: Jezus, i just read in MrMookies comment that they changed the formula, why didn't they just rename it, this is a cardinal sin, it's not just a perfume, it's memories in a bottle.
This really sucks!

partha
partha

I have PH in my collection and would say it's not THE BEST thing in my collection, but well for a change only this fragrance is O.K but don know...what exactly is wrong with this thing...but not my cuppa tea

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I recently had an opportunity to pick up a small bottle of the newest formulation of Azzaro PH, and I'm glad I did because it's a bit different from the prior formula. I have to respectfully disagree with another reviewer here who finds this version's top notes the same, but the drydown different - my nose says the opposite is true. To me, the restrained bergamot, lemon, and lavender opening is markedly more subdued than its predecessor's, with the overall tonality feeling very bitter and fresh. Eventually the familiar mossy-anise fougère drydown arrives, gaining potency with each passing minute. The complexity is still there, but it's been quieted and no longer causes headaches. What distinguishes this fougère from others in its class is the anise, which lends Azzaro PH a distinctly Italianate style. This scent is rivaled only by Van Cleef & Arpel's Tsar as arguably the best modern fougère. Where Tsar lays claim to its crown as the best of the last 25 years, Azzaro PH could be the finest of the last 35 years, and counting.

williamvargas

it is a great fragrance , it has been around a long time , it is a pleasant fragrance ...just don't overdue it. i always get a compliment in the office when i wear it. i just don't drench myself in it. if it smells good, it smells good..doesn't matter if it is from the 70's, i do not work with a bunch of fragrance critics..in my office hardly any men wear fragrance at all let alone something in the "now" category. i am not saying it is better than pure malt or some other highly regarded new scent out there..just a good fragrance, and it smells masculine which i find appealing, i get a little tired of the scents that tend to be more in between. there is still a place for the aramis, paco robanne and azzaro wearers.. i am one of them, but i do have pure malt, L instant extreme, terre de hermes parfum, sycomore, knize ten, rocabar, give gauche, caron por homme and muglar cologne. i still have aramis , paco and azzaro..for those times i want to remember my past. still enjoy these scents.

MrMookie

I bought myself a big 100 ml (3.4oz) bottle of this great scent last week, and im thrilled with it well deserved its price! this frag makes me feel confident and masuline.
In the city i live we have a few perfume stores and this great scent stands in every store lonely at the bottom almost hidden being not noteworthy on the shelves ...waiting to get deported to a FOR-SALE bucked for a cheap price. (i ordered the girls to call me straight away if this happens offcourse)
Its a shame, i think a good perfume needs to get more expensive every year as a recognition for its state of value.
Like a good wine does...
anyway...
(...Do i sound frustrated?)

Kharnak
Kharnak

OldSkool indeed.
Lemon/Bergamot is the very first brightest note to hit you.
Fades to a VERY herbal, Sage, Lavender, STRONG Caraway seed which some may find bitter and green. I see.... forest thickets with thick bushes of purple flowers.... STROOOONG Vetiver/Patchouli, further making it "Greener" like a deep whiff of freshly pulled roots from soil.
Cardamom's spicyness Blends perfectly whenever it's with Bergamot, as they do in Tea. Tonka Bean's sweet creamy Vanilla/Cinnamon is familiar, but still overshadowed by all those Bitter herbs, it's there though.
Interesting.... at the end, Lemon comes to the front again with Leather... Now it's like a Deep Lemon Polish on a brand new Leather Sofa... and a huge Vase of Lavender flowers on the Living Room table.
This is a gutsy cologne. Some may find it quite offensive and bitter. oddly enough... it actually smells better once i've sweat into it a bit. Guy smells are often described as sour or bitter, hence Masculine Fragrances always seems to contain Citrus and Patchouli or Vetiver, and i don't know if this would be an improvement to it, nor accentuate the right notes on a guy.
*Sniiiff* my goodness, that relentless Lavender actually overpowers YSL Kouros right next to it.
Bleu de Chanel with it's Bright Sweet Lemony Leather blends wonderfully with it, actually softening that bitterness.... Bleu & Azzaro have what each of them lacks respectively.

MrMookie

UPDATE I HAD THE VINTAGE!! NOT THE REFORMULATED!!
I just smelled it again after 18 yrs! my dad used to wear it, but i didnt remember it when i first sprayed it on after 3 minutes i did! Man oh man this one is Gentleman in a bottle, its woody AND fresh like and very,very masculine
Nowadays the most scents lack this kind of masculinity for some reason.

Its typical that all "powerhouse" scents of 70's and 80's have the same masculine roots that all scents nowadays lack... AND what i find quiet suprising is that all these scents are not THAT great in the beginning (overwhelming) (like Antaeus and)and too strong (for my nose)
But when they dry down..... WHoooooo!!! I'm now sniffing every week every "powerhouse" scent i owned back in the days... Today i put on Loris Azzaro
Im now sniffing my wrist, its a GREAT scent it tells a story, a story of men folowing their dreams and work hard to pursuit these.. but still love to enjoy life...
The person who i see wearing this is a Dr. or a businessman.
great scent!!! its classy its sophiscated it a true top 10 for me.

Indronil
Indronil

Sharp Crisp aroma which at times is more enjoyable to the people surrounding the wearer. Very masculine, undoubtedly

scribs
scribs

i have a sample of this scent and i cant say i dislike it but i can say that it smells....expected, it's like the noses behind it plotted and tried to make the most expected and cliche fragrance imaginable, when u smell this u smell the "masculine cologne stereotype for men between the ages of 30-40" props to them for making this so but its not really enjoyable

Keddy
Keddy

When I first tried this scent on paper, I admit it smells like crap. I tested it on myself and had a jog immediately and it smells like rotten navy beans. I thought I'll never like this one. One day though, a friend of mine bought this and I decided to give it a try again and may I say, "wear" this, spray it on your chest and back of the neck and it will transform. Very unlike my initial try, smells super manly and unique. Can't pinpoint the notes exactly but I did have compliments and the scent lasted a long while. This won't do too good on summer, nice to use indoors, cold or just room temperatures.

silvrsrfr
silvrsrfr

Seriously considering this one as a staple. Anise is too strong for me, initially. BUT as it drys down, smooths out, smells great! Masculine, good sillage, lasts > 6 hours for me. Actually, you can still detect the basenotes far longer than that. I tend to reach for this one more often than many others. It's a classic!

ian85
ian85

I respect opinions and tastes, but I don't like this "macho" scent. My best friend used to wear it a few years ago, and it was really painful! It was like a préhistoric hunting to lure girls on a pathetic dance floor! ;-)
Définitively no no no and no, even if this one is an Icon now! No sensuality in this "panzer" fragrance...

bp
bp

Almost perfect in every way.
My only grievance is the fact of their longevity and projection are feeble in my skin.
But if this scent work well with your skin, buy it.
I think this perfume has a really cool style, even for young people above 20 years.
It is a remarkable scent for people striking.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Love this stuff. My father (50 years) swears by it. He's been using this since he was 16 years old, when it first came out. He says he feels like a young teenager again (believe me, that can be ridiculous). Still, when I smell this, I get a lavender overdose. Good for me I'm a lavender freak. It's difficult for me to say this is sexy because it's my father's signiture scent, but it's an amazing perfume, classic. My father says that it doesn't have a great lasting power on him, but he doesn't mind. He only uses perfume on the weekends, when he's not working and so he can respray it, if needed.

I would recommend this.

بوش قدیمیه ولی واقعا هنوزم تو زمستان و بهار وپاییز عالیه

jtd
jtd

We kvetch about the creative and well-made fragrances that go away because too few would wear them; we resent the crap cologne that sells like mad. Isn’t it uplifting to see a fragrance that has been so popular for so long be so spectacular?

If complexity in composition is rather old-school, then let’s hear it for the old school. I’ve referred to Azzaro pour Homme as a little busy, but it could just as easily be called baroque and detailed. Take the lavender and coumarin, the two ends of the fougère spectrum. Wedge in between them elements from the chypre and the oriental, add wood, spices, herbs. This could wind up a stew, but instead, it’s a shimmering beauty. Bergamot, clove, oakmoss, amber. Yes, all there. But there’s also petitgrain. It’s the green, woody, leafy, verging on floral key at the center of it, the small piece that locks it into place. The aha!

By historical fragrance standards, ApH is classically masculine. Screw with that a bit when you wear it and have some fun.

joey1998
joey1998

azzaro!!! its the s!!t reminds me when i was 15 years old n just having fun with the girls... every time i smell it it takes me back!!!!!! LOVE IT OLD SCHOOL BABII????????/

missan

Vintage´ formulation 9,5/10. Today´s formulation 5-6/10.

This was so good, now it´s not.

badkarma
badkarma

My father wears Paco Rabanne PH.. I wear this one. This somehow reminds me a little bit of paco rabanne PH, so it reminds me of dad. Thumbs up for any age.

krmarich
krmarich

I had to track down a pre 2000 bottle of this huge mens powerhouse. Its worth the effort and still cheap, yet tricky to find. Yes this was the big French competitor to Paco Rabanne through the 1980s and beyond. Other than the openings-lavender and citrus-they are unrelated in all aspects.

Azarro is all about spices, oakmoss, vetiver and patcholi with tonka, ambergris and iris in the base. The cardamon/sandalwood seems to put the come hither on those within sniffing distance.

Yes, its now officewear for men over 40. My big bottle sits next to my big bottle of Paco Rabanne. Stately as they are, the have both been sadly reformulated. Both are relics from a bygone era when men could be men. What a tragedy!

Update 7/12/2012. 24 hours later without a shower, I am experiencing the final phase of this wonder-sandalwood, amber and musk wrapped in oakmoss are unforgettable. This is pure art. Perhaps the best drydown ever created.

Luforge
Luforge

A powerfull burst of Lavender and sage when sprayed on with strong sillage..Takes me back to 80s all the time i spray this.The dry-down is suttle but unfortunatly doesnt have the staying power..2 to 3 hrs tops!

David07
David07

Tried some today. Not really my cup of tea. I remember when it was around and yes, it is very manly but overpowering and intrusive. The dry down to me is spicey strong and doesn't suggest any thing special. I can see a dark haired guy with a tan getting away with this, but on the average male, its trying to hard. It could easily overpower the personality of the guy and make him seem superficial. I think a certain type of woman would like it though. I suggest fashion has changed and this is now an outdated fragrance with out the class of some of the older fragrances that have aged more gracefully.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

finally got this fragrance, I think it is the same league with Hermes Bel Ami as classic fragrance for (mature) men. A bit strong at the opening, but I never expected the drydown would be so sensual, like it!

Daro
Daro

It takes some time to fully appreciate this masterpiece

haborym26
haborym26

i agree, lasting power is quite weak,about 4 hours on my skin,also sillage.but smell is great,especially soft leather drydown.

picasso_x

(up date) I think it was not the same original, it's new version. It's more aniseed less lavender than old version. Open same strong but last is weak. Not longevity same old version. Try it (may be I'm wrong). thank you

missan

Found a 100ml vintage bottle. I love this, so strong and yet sofisticated, strong lavender/geranium/anise/cedar/oakmoss. Quite linear, doesn´t matter with this lovely smell. Seems to last days more than hours.

luktung

This one is a must in your collection.
Its timeless, and in 20 years of now, it still will be sold.

pippab
pippab

I could really go for my husband when he wears Azzaro. It's masculine and alluring, and by far my favourite in his somewhat limited fragrance wardrobe. My younger son has recently discovered it too and according to him it's a chick magnet.

samihardanian
samihardanian

That's a real men scent. Sensual, traditional. Perfect!
One of the best men perfumes for ever.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Azzaro Pour Homme is for the man women love to love,lol.

tuscany
tuscany

I'm from Cyprus and I wear this cologne when I go for a drink with friend at open air bars or cafe's..and the smell lingers in the air,it's a classic one from Azzaro,on my 3rd bottle at the moment,get a whole lot of compliments from the ladies..

larali
larali

I love this! My husband just bought some. He prefers lighter scents but I definitely prefer this, it is so manly.

slaum
slaum

good times got a lot of babes with this perfume. Today I am married, i miss you!!

When I first tried this, my sense of smell was off, and this was too strong for me. More than a year later, I acquired another bottle, the one with the white sticker on front, which from what I understand is the original formulation. One thing I noticed is that it seems to possess a subtle animalic note that I don't remember in the other bottle, which I think was the latest formulation. Anyway, for me, the anise, lavender, oakmoss, and a subtle citrus were obvious, along with some kind of sweet and softening element, which is very mild. Overall, it's quite "well behaved" and nicely blended. The longevity is very good and the projection/"sillage" is moderate, especially for a fougere of this period. If it lacks anything, it's dynamism. The notes seem to largely stay in place, though overall there is decent depth to this fragrance, and it certainly smells natural.

ravneetarora
ravneetarora

Had a blind buy but was seriously impressed by it. I like woody-chyphre type fragrances a lot. And this one is in the top list.
I first applied it and there was a splash of lemon, bergamot even had a hint of kind of ginger which was sharp.. But then it settled down to a classy nice cardamom and sandalwood heart. I could smell the sandalwood all day.
Then it settled at base with tones of leather and oakmoss and I couldn't resist sniffing myself throughout.
Its just amazing and smells Class to me.
I read its a masterpiece and I think it truly deserves to be one. It has replaced my dark favourite Black XS

Neto
Neto

Despite of all good comments about this one... this is not my cup of tea!

fragbomb
fragbomb

at first try it was a punch in the face, my,, this is potent and the original formula is as old as me. No kidding!! but i bought it anyway for reading many praise from perfume connoiseurs. It soon became my number one, sooo versatile, can use it day or night, hot or cool. personally i don't think this is dated, and since this is a very sexy beast i don't think this belong to formal cathegory.
I only mention what i get from 300 ingredients they use to construct this baby: at first it is a juicy lemon, yummy!! almost feel like drinking fresh lemon squash, accompanied with balanced lavender, the two together are laying in the bed of anise and caraway, hey i smell clove too but no one mention it in the list. in the middle i got mostly cedar and patchouli, this is the best part, wonderfully woody. finished with sweet ambery, powdery. but i don't think there are any ambergris in my reformulated bottle. I read that the original was animalic, really curious how is the original beast smells like.
TWO THUMBS UP!!

patelio

anybody know about the APH intense version? and some one from France go and tell those AZZARO people to cut down the leather note in APH and increase the oakmoss note. Even better to get back the original APH.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

It was good but today, smells strange. Something has changed IMO. Nowadays, it's really strong and give me serious headaches. Whatever, great sillage/longevity. For special/formal occasions, cold nights fragrance.

patelio

APH was great till early 2000 but since then it is good and no longer great. very dissapointing to what the present cadre at azzaro has done to this loris azzaro invention.

stel15

Hi everybody. I just want to say that i do own lots of fragrances. A men, Pure Malt, Pure Havanne, Gucci II, Antidote, Cavalli Black even the legendary Green irish tweet by Creed, and the list goes on and on!!! But if i had to choose only 1 this would be the Masterpiece called Azzaro ph. Guys out there be bold and wear this one. And young guys out there, you will be amazed by how many compliments the girls will give you!!!!! Old school sure, but never dated. Sexy, and for sure an HOMME fragrance. A perfumery Legend!!!!

picasso_x

I think it's not same old version. It open less strong a little and the end is a little different smell. But it's good.The best timeless men perfume from Azzaro. perfect for cool weather,in hot weather do not good work,it make short longevity. I love Azzaro PH long time until now.

joaopaulonc
joaopaulonc

That's a real men scent. Sensual, traditional. Perfect!

oxm
oxm

Azzaro pour Homme, the smell is more reassuring that I smelt.L 'opening occurs with herbs and citrus, the heart of sensual sandalwood and patchouli and vetiver with opulent finally musk, amber and leather.My recalls returning from a long train journey, it is evening out the window and get the smell of freshly cut in May, when it mixes with chamomile.
Imperial heart, recall the place full of incense such as churches or schools of old, where the musty smell of paper books inspires respect, remember the ceiling of the classroom where the sky is Harry Potter collection of stars?
and finally my tattered old leather suitcase
containing my personal belongings, and the essence of musk, a gift for my wife that leaves me still dream ...
legendary fragrance

Nikka Miró
Nikka Miró

Scent of a man with a capital H. The smell of leather makes the mind go on adventures ...

Grottola
Grottola

As I see it, Azzaro Pour Homme is the greatest masculine fougère ever made. At least one of the greatest, it is sincere and timeless. Fellas, when you're ready to put down your Paco Rabanne 1 Million and Acqua di Gio and not be ashamed to wear a masculine cologne that would make you smell like an "old man", or your dad, give Azzaro a try. When used politely and correctly, it says, "I'm a man, I'm grown up." A true man's man cologne. Of course, it lasts a long time on me and projects well, but I make sure to never overspray. The calming lavender and Mediterranean herbs give off a "meat and potatoes man" feel, like a guy you can count on.

The tall, stoic, monolithic and masculine bottle is also, in my opinion, one of the best ever.

Severino Laguzza
Severino Laguzza

Azzaro Pour Homme is a legacy for future generations, of a golden age when perfume was still with art and passion. There have been many other wonderful scents, but remains at the absolute top as the father of all men's perfumes. And best of all it is accessible to all thanks to God! If the world were to end and asked to bring a unique perfume to another planet, I think I would Azzaro PH.

JohnMc
JohnMc

As a keen student of all things fragrance, I am keen to sample and explore the classic, oft-celebrated fragrances of male perfumery so often referred to on sites such as this. To understand literature, one would start with the Homers and the Shakepeare's - so too with perfumery in my view. I recently bought a 100ml EDT version of this blind - the only time I have purchased a fragrance without my senses first exploring it. I was very happy with what is very much a classic fragrance for the old-school throwback of the unreconstructed male. Sophisticated, strong, woody and serious. A classic.

Minimephisto
Minimephisto

It brings about a revolutionary presence into everyday life of the 21st Century. You know you are rebelling against the status quo. If you wear this, you can remind those around you how colognes are used to be made and how they are supposed to be made now.

It certainly is a reference to aromatic fougere.

The lavender as a the major powerhouse of attraction, is blended perfectly with other spices, making it an absolutely fantastic masculine cologne who smells like nothing else but AZZARO!

Azzaro pour Homme is a great example of how a 30 years old perfume can be not-expensive and outstanding at the same time. In the past (about 20 years ago) I used it for years but I got a new sample a week ago as my policy is just to buy FB of perfumes I currently like to wear or I particularly appreciate. For the perfumes I used to love or just like I go for a sample. Yesterday I decided to wear Azzaro for the first time in years and I still like it quite a lot. The opening is absolutely fantastic with aromatic notes and anis that give the scent a rude masculine feeling that's quite uncommon in today's perfumery. Spicy, leathery, mossy...classic! It's absolutely distinctive and immediately recognizable but I have two considerations to make: first is that the drydown has an old-fashioned structure that I can't stand anymore (this is very personal, though). It gets, somehow, too dated. Second is that the new Azzaro testimonial is Enrique Iglesias that I never stood and I will never, ever stand. Besides that Azzaro still kicks a**es. A top notch.

Rating: 8.5/10

santino
santino

This scent could arguably be the most sophisticated scent of all time. This is a good way to define classical perfumery. The top gives off lavender,anise and citrus mostly. Then comes woody middle with hints of patchouli ,vetiver and sandalwood and at the end I get some amber and musk (see what I mean when I say that this could define classical perfumery?). They list oakmoss and leather but I dont smell it. May be they are so well blended to the other notes. This is art of perfumery that is almost extinct in current era. Please dress up when wearing this fragrance. This is not your jeans t-shirt and sneakers fragrance. This is formal, dressed up and classy fragrance.

stel15

What can i say about this perfume?!!! Simply an all time favourite. A classic. It just gives the air of a different era. And it brings back a lot of memories. Deffinetly a unique perfume that deserves respect from all perfume lovers. Even if i dont use it as much as before, its always in my heart!!! A masterpiece!!!!!

xpetra82
xpetra82

too memorable...it hurts...my first love used to wear it...it's been 15 years....but...i'll never forget...

safetyjon
safetyjon

As so many have already stated, the opening is quite sharp in contrast to the middle and base notes. I don't especially like the opening, but I don't find it offensive. However, after a few minutes the sharpness passes and the fragrance enters into a stage that mere words cannot do justice. The middle notes and dry-down are the best I have ever experienced. The sillage is perfect and longevity is exceptional (I can still smell it 12-16 after application).

Bottom line...It has become my favorite fragrance. I absolutely love it. I normally keep about 5 fragrances in my rotation, and perhaps mix in another now and then (depending on my mood / activity). I find myself using Azzaro PH more than the rest...because I just can't wait until the next time.

ausamamira
ausamamira

For those who have old beatiful memories with this outdated secnt either themselves or their dads or teachers...etc APH might be appealing, however, i find it very old school that i honestly cant stand.

carera
carera

im wondering is it reformelated the new one of 2010.
or its the same as old one .could any one advice

Cylob
Cylob

My skin hurts when I spray this on my hand. The Chanel I've been using last few days made my skin so soft. But this makes it wrinkled so much it almost hurts.

The scent is outdated. I love classic fragrances, but this one didn't stand the test of time. Getting a real leathery 70's vibe from it. I have nothing against leather scents when done right, but this is not one of them. The bottle is very old, so that didn't help either. This one goes straight into the garbage can, sorry!

Gelladon
Gelladon

Love this fragrance very herbal in nature with some hints of masculine florals. When it drys down the oak moss and amber really take center stage.This is not for everyone it is for true frag heads who enjoy vintage fragrances. Love this stuff and I'm 29

zecheiroso

Top *
Heart *
Base ***
Final score **

Wow, just wow. I found it worse than Polo, and the girls around me said (by their own initiative) "what an old man cologne!".
Sure enough, people will thumbs down this review to the seventh circle of hell but I just told you the truth.
The drydown is somewhat nicer.
"Real men scent"? Be my guest and wear it but I prefer modern offerings.

bronstein
bronstein

Yeah, a true classic, nothing more to add. Well, never mind, perhaps a few words:

First, a classic it is, but that means it also reminds one of people who where young back then. So it suits either the not-so-young, or those young lads who dare to wear some classic stuff, or, put differently, who dare to wear their daddies' scent.

Second, it's perhaps perfect for those who are into "Obsession" but want to move on. It smells far more exclusive, and its ingredients in fact probably are.

Sassy1
Sassy1

My husband is partial to spicy scents but I wanted to find him something more for day wear.
Based on high ratings in "The Guide" and the licorice-lavender combo described, I got him a bottle of APH.
It's definately a powerful scent brimming with citrus, then spice then deep leathery moss.
I don't smell any licorice/anise, only a slight booziness similar to geranium.

My husband, "Limes"...

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

I know how some people categorize this as a love or hate it kind of fragrance, but I think if used with a light hand, this is just beautiful. Its not your typical masculine scent with lots of woods and citrus in the mix.Its kind of herby, very unique and earthy.One cant imagine snuggling into the collar of a man whose wearing this, but smelled at a distance,or if someone walks by and you catch a whiff of this heady perfume,the wearer deserves a second glance. Certainly makes you wonder....

DC-8
DC-8

One memorable classic scent with its unique character, in its 70s style.

Top notes are a bit soapy but fresh and sort of citric. Not unpleasant but a bit intense.

In transition between top and heart notes, some minty stuff is sensible, which I'd rather not to be. Something like currant. Still it's pretty nice and perfect.

Middle Notes are fabulous and woody/fresh/spicy. A very beautiful phase, indeed.

The base notes are a bit bitter, woody and still so unique like nothing else. Very lovely and cute. The leather, woody and Tonka parts are visible as well.

Projection is really wonderful all the way, but longevity was not satisfactory on my skin, at all. Vanishes so soon. Using moisturizer did not help.

All in all, a perfect scent, just the longevity is an issue to me. However, I would have given 6-7 of 10 to it.

NOTICE: Do not wear it too much, it might turn out to be something offensive and bothering. Instead, renew it once a while, to keep it present all the way.

Cheeva
Cheeva

This a classic fougere fragrance of the 70/80s I am wearing this fragrance while I write this,Currently im getting the drydown, which is amber, oak moss and musk.It really does take me back to my teenage days in the 80s .

ROUSAK
ROUSAK

Itis a classic,similar to Tuscany from Aramis but better. While i cant stand the top notes in Tuscany ( very harsh) the top notes are great in Azzaro. The dry down is very close to your skin and very light which is somehow dissapointing..... stays a classic and a must respect scent.

Pietro
Pietro

lasts about 3 hours. somewhere about 5- 10 mm far from your skin. You need to put the nose very very close to smell it. I bought it yesterday. Great...disappointment.

If you like that lavender/anise/geranium thing, then this might be for you. Was it reformulated? It certainly doesn't seem like an "80s power frag" to me (I acquired a new bottle about a year ago), and it also seemed a bit "cheap," relative to those full-bodied 80s ones. I prefer IL by Lancetti, which doesn't have the geranium note. Instead, it's dry and simpler, though better articulated. It's not sweet but it has vanilla in the base. To me, it is what APH should have been, but instead APH is too crude and brash, though lacking the depth of the "80s power frags," and so I find it inferior in every way, though it doesn't smell "bad" if you like the notes. It's just not all that wearable, IMO of course.

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

Um comentário acima diz tudo sobre a fragrância: E no segundo dia, Deus criou Azzaro Pour Homme. Um perfume de fato icônico, inigualável, único, e que terá lugar reservado para sempre na história.

A comment above says everything about the fragrance: And on the second day, God created Azzaro Pour Homme. A perfume really iconic, unforgettable, unique, and that'll take place reserved forever in history.

bouktache
bouktache

Je l'ai acheté au début de l'année en cours et je peux dire que c'est un parfum de taille, fort au début mais discret par la suite, j'ai un flacon de 50 ml mais vais bientôt commander un autre flacon de 100ml car je ne peux plus m'en séparer.
Bouktache Reda.

varondandy
varondandy

there are some scents that we hold dear to our hearts. this one is one of them, for the last thirty years or so this one has its own space on my curio along side lagerfeld,jhl,paco,sandalwood among others.classic indeed!

fanis46

My perfume is Paco rabanne (second bottle) but i used to wear ck be for 10 years (two bottles per year) and i tell you that no bottle smelled the same way with another one. The main fragrance was the same but there were always some changes that only very discerning noses could sence. Was it misformulation? Of course not. In refrence to my previous post.

fanis46

Some people say that perfume manufacturers change the formulation of perfumes during years. Two 'targets' that i noticed are paco rabanne and azzaro. Guys are you sure? If a house has a better idea about a perfume it just come up with a new one. That why there are 40 Calvin klein and 50 paco rabanne perfumes. ( the numbers are random) If a fragrance looses popularity u either advertise it or u close it down. Who wants to ruin a perfume? Slight changes may occur but if a perfume is 98 % the same whats the problem?

guest_pete
guest_pete

And on the second day, God created Azzaro pour homme....
This is a mythical sense.

When I first smelled this, I thought-my best friend's dad!! and left it on the shelf. Now, that I appreciate a classic fougere; I find it warm, wonderful and very different on many levels, and recently bought a FB and am enjoying it tremendously...

Remember, now, this was released in the 70s and is not one of the pretty boy colognes of today...this is very manly, has excellent sillage and superior longevity-and still shines,even today!

The opening is LOUD with citruses, spices and masculine florals. Sage, basil, anise, caraway-very pungent. Lemon and bergamot-bitter and sour, yet fresh and bright. Lavender and iris are powdery and sweet as opposed to overtly floral. All these things can be quite a lot to sense at once and Azzaro PH is definitely an acquired taste. After the initial bombast subsides it softens quite a bit but remains warm(cardamom) and green with juniper and vetiver, alternating between soapy and aromatic. The woods here are subtly blended and add to the overall manliness of it without smelling like furniture or a wood shop. The patchouli is lost in the mix for me, but could be adding to the overall aroma as it is very 'earthy' in a sexy way. The drydown on this is much more refined than the opening or the main theme. It is so soft and sensual due to leather, tonka and amber. The musk here is nice and just animalic enough to be "hot" without being too much and the oakmoss is heavenly! Overall, this is a total elixir of virility and exudes confidence, strength and power...is this even legal? You should have to be 21 to wear this, as it could be intoxicating to some, and this is no teen fragrance- This is ALL MAN and doesn't play around...you either love it or hate it, and it really doesn't care one way or another!

Sillage: excellent
Longevity: Fantastic
Overall: 4.75/5

I would not have been surprised if 'testosterone' was listed here among the notes, as this smells sooo manly. Now that I have acquired a taste for this I am eager to try the Elixir pour Homme. Try this before you buy it, and when you test it give it ample time to develop before you decide...you will not be sorry!!

Tammy23
Tammy23

I was sick as a dog in the E.R. My Dr. leaned over my bed to check my throat. I almost pulled him down to smell some more, in the throws of being violently ill, his cologne...Azzaro made me crazy. I had him write it on a napkin and give it to me. I love it beyond reason

ALEXEIFEDOROV
ALEXEIFEDOROV

Elegant,masculine,sharp scent full of class. A classic with no age¡ Maybe in the same league of Antaeus,Paco Rabanne and boss number one, but in my opinion Azzaro is the best.

Sissi
Sissi

Whoa this is sexy! the quintessential 70's chic for a man or a woman who loves control i love the opening of Lemon mixed
with caraway with the sharpness of Lavender with the leafiness of fresh basil
dries to an brightness of Clary Sage the crisp texture of Anise pungent bergamot and the powdery drydown of Iris.

i love the Juniper notes on the base notes very airy dry sandalwood mixes well with the juniper berries spicy cardamom adds to the depth and patchouli
add the earthiness.

the drydown is very deep and sensual
with patches of musk coincides with amber but it's diluted to make it more masculine the dark mossy note of Oakmoss
and the best of all The Leather Drydown
with it's animalistic properties makes this an the most Sexiest men's fragrance
of all perfumery i just wish today's trends and fashion will return to dark
opulent woods orientals florals E.t.c
not the light ready to made fragrances

don't judge the fragrance by when it was made, it's easy to write this off as an "old man's scent" but i'm 21 and this fragrance is my signature scent.. the girls i know really love it.. but there was one girl who told me i smell good but when i told her what it was, she knew it was an old scent and then hated it because it was "dated." she loved it before she knew what it was so whatever.. give this one a smell, maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't, but it is one of the best scents out there..

ramonstro
ramonstro

Just what I ever wanted. Leather notes and some wood notes, not too much lemon on it. Perfect for every occasion, and the staying power is excellent.

guest_Paddy
guest_Paddy

Can't get the chicks off me when I wear it.

RobbieX

I agree with Jazz - a real classic. Lovely fresh spicy, cologne smell. Lasts a while too. Beautiful...a masterpiece!! I would be very proud of this if I had blended this one, beautiful! *Update* Cuba Paris Black is very close to this but has less longevity.

jazz444
jazz444

A deserved classic--I hope Azzaro never tinkers with it. Projects beautifully and does so for 12+ hours on me. Great sillage. Potent, but respectfully so.

How I discovered this only last year is a mystery to me, and shameful. It's like an aromatic, elegant cloak on me. One of the all-time best!

Omega Man
Omega Man

One of the greatest smelling colognes I've ever smelled in my life. Lasts forever, is unquestionably masculine, and is seemingly made with very high quality ingredients. Appropriate for all occasions and all seasons except on hot and humid days. The strong anise and herbal opening gives way to a drydown with lots of musk and amber with a slight lemon background.

behzad1280
behzad1280

This is just a confusing scent to me.

It always sends a massage like “I’m not available, go away” or something like that!

Classy but not friendly smell …

این واقعاً واسه من یه خورده گیج کننده است. وقتی این عطر رو از کسی بو میکنم به نظرم خوبه اما وقتی خودم میزنم اصلاً احساس خوبی ندارم
اما در کل باید بگم عطریه که احساس صمیمیت و دوستی به طرف مقابل نمیده
انگار همش داره این پیام رو مخابره میکنه که "من در دسترس نیستم" یه یه همچین چیزی
چیز کلاسیکیه اما دوست داشتنی و احساسی نیست
به نظر من البته
در مورد ماندگاری و پخش بو هم متوسطه

rithacha
rithacha

Azzaro Pour Homme is a fragrance I always want with me out of nostalgia - it was my dad's cologne, and he only took it out for special occaisions or office parties. So it reminds me of formal dress, the pop of champagne, and the subdued laughter of adults downstairs from my hiding on the staircase. Intimidatingly mature and sophisticated, but Dad would always remember to say a warm good-night.

Pour Homme is an initial crack of preserved lemon peel which releases a cloud of spices into the air. The anise, incense, and coriander settles down in a heavy dust on deep violet lavendar petals. The yellow lemon and purple lavendar is set upon fields and fields of crackling patchouli. Prepare yourself for hours of dry spice and heavy patchouli. Not recommended for enemies of the "patchouli monsters" of the fragrance world. But Pour Homme isn't indiscriminately patchouli in a gaudy sense; rather, the dryness is set off by citrus, leafy sage, and flower petals. Overall, an uplifting and highly adult impression.

Then, almost out of nowhere, the drydown is . . . leather? The deep animalistic nature of that note comes as a surprise after an herbal spice bouquet, but a welcome classic leather that settles against the skin comfortably.

Pour Homme is always an olfactory delight - refreshing masculine in the manner of Egoiste. Dry, lively, and in keeping with Italian good taste. But not for the overly youthful/immature; keep it for those who appreciate old-school classics, ok? An ideal men's cologne. But then again, I'm just a little biased.

cicolina
cicolina

Wow, my adorable Italian military paratrooper wore this and my knees buckle everytime I smell it. This scent takes me back to standing in the moonlight in the campo, Siena, Italy!

cherryred80
cherryred80

Beautiful strong, powerful masculine fragrance with admirable sillage and longevity. Smells much more expensive than it is and is not instantly recognisable like so many others. Sharp to start with but mellows into a great scent. If you like Paco Rabanne pour homme you'll like this.

ShiseidoTactics
ShiseidoTactics

Una fragancia clasica que se ha negado a pasar de moda.

LaPD
LaPD

So I read that this was THE man fragrance back in the day... I was curious. I went to try it out at The Bay today. The lady at the counter looked strangely at me and said: "This is not for you is it? This doesn't fit your style" ... ahaha

I didn't want to buy it... i was just intrigued :P ... anyways on to the actual review.

Wow this is strong! It is THE man fragrance! Strong as in powerful. It has sillage and it has longevity. It's not offensive but it smells like detergent. I've never been fond of soap/detergent smelling fragrances. It's not bad. But it's not of my preference.

guest_a...
guest_a...

Gast, hier schreibt man in Englisch, versuchen Sie einen Kommentar auf Englisch zu schreiben, weil nur sehr wenige Mitglieder Deutsch verstehen,Gruß

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

Old school classic! 100% italian. Definately one to wear with a suit.

Castor
Castor

During the 1980's fragrances targetted to men used to be very strong in terms of sillage and longevity. Azzaro was no exception.

Time passed and Azzaro pour Homme' manufacturers took note of the changes in style. Not a bad thing at all, Azzaro pour Homme is still an aromatic fougere (this meaning it is strong) but more subdued than it used to be.

Azzaro pour Homme is dominated by lavender, bergamot and lemon in its top notes and indolic notes in mid and base notes.

A classic that is not for those into contemporary fragrance styles.

instantjim
instantjim

When first sprayed on it reminds me very much of Paco Rabanne, perhaps a bit more light and spicy. This doesn't last on me as well as Paco Rabbane pour Homme does, but still a great fragrance.

This is probably the best of the dark, uber-masculine colognes. Deep and rich, but not too overpowering. Definitely better for winter -- not because the smell deteriorates with heat or sweat, but because it feels like a warm scent. The patchouli really comes through, and, yes, it is very similar to Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

wildheaven
wildheaven

I hate to be angainst the tide here, but this one is s scrubber on me, it smells so chemical and boring.

shamus1

It's inexpensive, easily available, and just great. Few fragrances uplift my spirits and brighten my days as much as Azzaro Pour Homme. It smells to me like a less spicy Tuscany Per Uomo, and that's a good thing. It blends into my skin perfectly, and just smells very natural, rather than "sitting" on top of my skin. It's clean, spicy, woody, sweet and musky all at once, and blends all of those qualities PERFECTLY. One of the greatest men's fragrances ever, right up there with Eau Sauvage, Bel Ami and Green Irish Tweed.

ok,I know there's a consensus here that it's a male perfume.but I have a friend(girl) who wears this perfume!
I was really surprised,but she feels comfortable wearing it and the point is that when she sprays this fragrance,even the strongest female perfumes that I wear seem to disappear.
about the whole of perfume,you guys have told it all.it's very masculine,with a classic male scent.just imagine how should a male cologne should smell.it smells that way.

Trinity
Trinity

This is still one of the sexiest male fragrance out there! Makes my knees go weak…..!

countbernadotte
countbernadotte

You will notice that the marketing MO for this great fragrance is to induce men to buy it because their women would love it on them! …”For men who love women who love men!”….. To this extent, the marketing campaign was extremely successful.

This men’s fragrance was received with tremendous alacrity when it was first launched in 1978, and indeed remains one of the most successful and most sought after men’s fragrance after 30 years of its introduction, by men, or for men by their women or their children, (Number 3 in father’s day sales in France for 3 years in a raw2004, 2005 and 2006.)

Azzaro followed the stupendous success of its genre’s origin: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

Men, who were initiated to the genre by Paco Rabanne, tried Azzaro, liked it too, but always returned back to their first love: Paco.

Men, who were initiated to the genre by Azzaro, also tried Paco Rabanne and kept going back and forth between the two intermittently.

The only reason Azzaro, seemingly, appear to have outdone Paco Rabanne can easily be ascribed to women’s influence over their men.

Women are far more easily influenced by marketing subterfuges than men, and men are easily assuaged by their women, so with the tremendous success of Azzaro’s marketing strategy, we find that more women, falling under the spell of the advertising, compelled their men to prefer Azzaro over Paco Rabanne.

The two are legends, and though Azzaro seemingly has surpassed Paco Rabanne, I am one of those not so few men who still believe that Paco was and still is number one; Azzaro comes second, in the genre, with flying colors.

If you have Azzaro in your wardrobe, you must get Paco Rabanne Pour Homme to make the genre complete.

If you have neither, then it is with regret that many of us true aficionados must point at you and say: tes, tes, tes, you have no idea what you’re missing!

guest_Johnny
guest_Johnny

Great scent. still good choice it has something i´am missing on the perfumes today.

vertigo
vertigo

Classic and eternal.

"For men who love women who love men" :)

Contrary to most of the fougere fragrances, Azzaro pour Homme has an extraordinary lightness and charm. It's a bit nonchalant, but also bold and decisive. A bit coquettish, but undoubtedly - manly.

For elegant men, but not those stiff or self-important. For men with a lot of charm and inner warmth, which makes them masters of seduction ;>

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I was curious about this one after Turin and Sanchez gave it five stars, and I found it later that same day at a discount store for a great price. Husband and I sniffed and knew we had a winner on our hands.

Azzaro is 100% male, and the scent lasts all day long, even in the lighter concentrations. Leather, patchouli, spice and aromatics--just about every scent associated with men's fragrances and grooming are all in there.

True classics live forever! Azzaro is a true classic and I don't see it ever becoming outdated. This is a great fragrance for a man who appreciates how scent can enhance his aura, confidence and appeal.

Herzeleid
Herzeleid

I have known this fragance since I was a kid (long time ago)and I still buy it, it is my concept of a mancho perfume

Aiona
Aiona

Just sniffing the nozzle, I smelled lavender. Eh! Okay. So spritzing it on, WHOA! LAVENDER BLAST! Sharp and manly-like, and 20 minutes later, oh my, patchouli coming thru giving it a bit of a manly-BO bite! I really didn't think lavender went well with patchouli -- vomit smell? But, after about an hour, it calms down. Lavender, anise/licorice, geranium, patchouli, and amber. Somehow all that together gives off this milky but manly vibe to me. So while I enjoy the smell, I just don't think this is something I want to wear. It's certainly a distinctive scent for a guy, though. It's not an aquatic or floral, that's for sure. And sillage is pretty intense, with just two sprays! Azzaro Pour Homme would not be a good scent for someone with an occupation that requires stealth.

guest_Abbas
guest_Abbas

One of the best male purfume form the golden old days, it directly connect one to feeling of pleasure and relex.
a wonderful purfume

elgab89
elgab89

I agree with afraafra - it may be a little strong for today trends, nevertheless, a success in its own rights. The perfume is beautiful and has a fresh aromatic smell that makes it great to be worn during summer months. I get first the lemon and beautiful lavender, the drydown is just as perfect- I do detect the leather, and also the oakmoss ( very lightly the amber, if at all).
I always imagined a very optimistic man, athletic, with a love of nature wearing it.
Although it has a strong sillage, it is not intrusive, on the contrary, quite pleasant.

afraafra
afraafra

A real timeless classic with great leather drydown, may be a bit strong in todays market

Azzaro pour Homme by Azzaro 3.69 out of 5 based on 1319 ratings and 267 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Azzaro pour Homme by Azzaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Azzaro pour Homme by Azzaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.