Designers » A » Floral Fruity « Groups

Azzura Azzaro for women

Azzura Azzaro for women
dislike

Azzura Azzaro for women Pictures Azzura Azzaro for women Pictures Azzura Azzaro for women Pictures

Azzura is a sparkling floral and fruity aroma that reminds you of the sunny Mediterranean. The composition starts with wild flowers: forget-me-not, cyclamen and lily-of-the-valley. Black currant, mandarin orange and bergamot add a joyful Mediterranean note. Elegant flowers (jasmine and rose) and velvet-like aroma of apricot are in the heart. Rare trees (sycamore, yuzu) and vanilla are in the warm, sweet and sensual base. The perfume was created by Laurent Bruyere in 1999.

Mandarin Orange Cassia Lily-of-the-Valley Bergamot Red Berries

Apricot Black Currant Jasmine Rose

Fig Yuzu Vanilla

Azzura Fragrance Reviews

icyflammy
icyflammy

This was my blind buy from long long time ago. I only sprayed once and didn't like it at all, so I put it in the corner since then. However, the other day, I saw someone mentioned this perfume smells like Coco Mademoiselle, which is one of my favorite perfumes, so I decided to take it out today and have one more try. Honestly, the top note is still terrible as my memory, in the middle it turns to be sweet and floral, better than the top note but still not like CoCo at all. After 7 hours, I finally got the CoCo smell.... Ha it really similar to CoCo but only in the every every end of it.

Red Theodora
Red Theodora

I find Azzura rich, dense and sunny. These are characteristics I usually associate with Italian fragrances. It is a deep, warm scent. I think I will enjoy it more in the cool of autumn, but I'm wearing now in early summer as well. It is a very comforting fragrance and I am enjoying it very much.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

loved it! very different and unique!!

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

This is for the EDP. I honestly don`t find this smells like CoCo Mad at all, I did think it reminded me of Neblina for a few minutes, but the similarity is fleeting
This opens very bitter and spicy, and pretty much dries down the same way but with citrus and dried apricots thrown in, I don`t find this juicy in the least.
I find the sycamore is very prominent also, it makes it different and interesting. Even though this is strong , I can see it working well on hot summer nights. I think I like it, but it might be one of those perfumes I am not sure about but continue to wear any how. Time will tell.
I have to say I have never really smelled another perfume like this. Besides the initial top notes this stay pretty linear on me (spice,citrus, dried apricots and sycamore, I get nothing else)

edit. the mid notes last long, but now it`s changed, softer and sweeter, it`s amazing.

keiserkarel
keiserkarel

smells like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. I had both and liked them. If Coco Mademoiselle is a white tweed jacket, Azzura is a cotton summer dress. more casual, a bit dry scent.

Sveltekittie
Sveltekittie

Years ago I read that this fragrance had a cult following, but I didn't understand the hype surrounding it. It made me scratch my head because its a pretty low priced scent. So when I was finally able to sample this, I figured out why its such a beloved favorite for many women. It has a lot of dimension for the price: the citrus element, so bright & uplifting. The tartness of yuzu & black currant(cassis) playing off the sweet mandarin and apricot, rounded off with a balanced amount of white flowers, powdery vanilla and musk.

When it dries down, its a really nice cheerful skinscent.

*I SO wish I could wear this, but my sinuses can't handle the musk. Anyone that's not allergic to musk should try this, it's so unique! On days where the sun refuses to come out, this would make an excellent pick-me-up scent because it exudes a brightness all its own.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Oranges and Pinetarsol. I have the worst chemistry to pull this off obviously

Sassy1
Sassy1

I wore this out of the house for the 1st time today and by 8:13 I had 2 compliements and another one about an hour later.

My 1st impression was noted before, mossy Cristalle mixed with sweaty Acqua D Pamplelune...neither one a favorite of mine.

I pick up alot more lily today, very much like Donna Karan Gold and more herbal citrus with a salty drydown.

I'm still not a big fan, but those around me seem to like it.

Update: You've really got to be a bitter citrus/yuzu/grapefruit fan to appreciate Azzura. This, mixed with the airy herbal quality it possesses make it perfect for late summer/fall. It's growing on me....

Scintillia
Scintillia

It is a very nice and interesting floral-fruity scent, spicy-bitter at the beginning, but very refreshing and pleasant in the spring. Azzura is not sweet at all on my skin, maybe later there is a note of vanilla, but the first notes are the combination of yuzu and cassia.

sablebombe
sablebombe

Very nice! Blast of a bitter citric opening but has smoothed and mellowed into a gentle floral scent - rose, jasmine and scant vanilla with fruity undertones. Creamy and dreamy. Definitely mediterranean for me.

Pretty much inoffensive if you have learnt to wait for the initial blast to subside! Classical and classy.

Not a great silage and an average lifespan on my skin!

DIVINAE
DIVINAE

VERY SUNNY,RICH MEDITERRANEAN SCENTS AND A "JOIE DE VIVRE"VERY NOTICEABLE..DISTINCTIVE AND FABULOUS FOR SUMMER!!!

solitaire
solitaire

I have an EdP. I think it's fantastic. It smells ripe fruit, late summer, ecru lace, rich people. I was hesitant towards the scent at first. A little suede cloth of navy colour was attached to my bottle so I sprayed the scent on, and used it every now and then to wipe my eye glasses clean. And suddenly I got hooked up.
Beautiful, classy, elegant, inspiring. Love it.

orchidlover
orchidlover

definitely not floral-fruity for me. it is spicy-bitter on my skin.
I can agree that it is too masculine and medicinal, I can't detect any citruses only the strong basil(?) or something like that. I don't find it mediterranean at all.

kerini
kerini

The first few minutes practically scream after-shave but the scent starts settling down after a while.
It's spicy and tart with some kind of leaf I can't really place (some berry bush?) and citrus notes. I do get a little Lily-of-the-Valley but I can see how this is perceived as rather masculine.
Over time it gets warmer with apricot, rose and a hint of vanilla on a still spicy background.
It has a nice woody, slightly sweet dry-down. I can't tell any of the notes, apparently it's fig-tree and Yuzu (I don't exactly grow either of those in my backyard). It's a welcome diversion from the usual sandalwood and cedar.
It isn't very long lived, it barely passed the 5 hour mark.
Once the initial shock is overcome it's a nice fragrance.
There's nothing that really bugs me but it doesn't have anything I absolutely love either. I guess I'll use my bottle up in time but I won't buy it again.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Very nice orange spice scent! This one has to work with your skin because it has a slight bite to it after application so if it hates or likes your skin is the difference as weather your going to agree with this one or not. I have not 100% made up my mind with this one, I have to wait until the winter because i think it will be a much better suited scent for the winter because of the spice in it.

c3c
c3c

Azzura is a nice scent. As far as masculinity I can see where the opening could give that impression. However I don't find it anymore so than Niki de Saint or Galanos. The beginning is along those lines with a strong peach / apricot effect. The dry down reminds me a great deal of Givenchy Fleur d'Interdit, of which I am a fan, a slightly lighter version. It certainly doesn't top Fleur d'Interdit in my book, but still something to try if you enjoy that style of perfume.

nyoka
nyoka

THanks to cisco,I am now the very proud owner of this fume.The opening is that of an open field growing with wildflowers.U stop to enjoy the smells and take a peach out of ur pocket for a snack.UMMM Orangey wildflowers.THen the classic,rose ,jasmine comes into play but,not without the sugary buttery apricots!I love the final phase.THe yuzu with its vanilla,the sexy yet sweet drydown is glorious.Thev whole experience is divine!Last a long time and projects well.

alekymia
alekymia

more floral but soft and classic.

I guess I am a real lover of Yuzu, because I ADORE this one as well as Eau Belle! Thank you very much Kastehelmi for your bottle!!

guest_Ang
guest_Ang

This scent is seductive yet spontaneous. It's sunny and fun and free. I wear it in late summer. I receive compliments from strangers of all ages, so it is liked by many. So tread lightly, it could get you into trouble... ;-D

kraxa
kraxa

I loved the scent, but some ingredient- maybe the iridescent particles, gave me a rash when exposed to sunlight- I'd have a "necklace" of tiny spots all around my collarbones- so I gave it away, not without regret, 'cause I think the note worked nicely on me.

kalios55
kalios55

Sweet. Classy. Sexy. Womanly & Exotic. Easy to wear & very likable. Mild & non-offensive. In my opinion it's very inviting .. I wear this fragrance once the sun is no longer in sight :o)

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is a delightful citrusy fruity floral-sour, bitter, only a touch sweet, and just slightly musky vanilla.
I wanted to try it, because I liked what Coco Mademoiselle is aiming for, but I am allergic to it-

Coco Mlle has the patchouli-white musk killer combo, and smells expensive without smelling friendly or unique for me-but it's still a hit for having some kind of sophisticated balance that is absent from many popular designer fragrances. Azzura seems to be allergen-free for me.
Coco Mlle has a successful floral-citrus combination, but I'm not the only one who found it harsh on the nose and the nerves. Azzura is quite different from Coco Mademoiselle (which is a good thing), but it satisfies some of the desired traits for a balanced fragrance that Coco Mlle. might fulfill.
I have to try Azzura a few more times, but for now, I can say the lily of the valley and the yuzu make a fond impression on my skin, and after experiencing the very tart opening, the fragrance unfolds and warms, and although it isn't quite linear on me, it doesn't change too much, which I quite like--for a change :)

The remaining vanilla is nice, simple and not too synthetic. I think this would be great on a warm spring day, or on a breezy summer afternoon.

Update: I thought I liked it, but it's really too modern sour-same overuse of yuzu as Eau Belle. What a shame.

vertigo
vertigo

Fruity-floral-musky.

Very Italian!

It doesn't make a classic scent pyramid - smells the same after a few hours as when you spray it on your skin.

It's rich, sunny and optimistically spontaneous, at the same time having a distinct personality and being full of sensual charm.

For a modern and strong woman, who always attracts the attention of others by the warmth, friendliness and grace emanating from her.

The bottle reminds the Sun. It was created by Katherine Krunas.

perfumesheep
perfumesheep

Yes, this one definitely is a Mediterranean scent and it is really nice. It is spicy and fresh wth citric notes For me it´s less floral.

Biliana
Biliana

I bought this fragrance in 2004... and still have it. Initially, I liked it a lot, but afterwards found out it is not for me.

Nicky_PL
Nicky_PL

It reminds of the Mediterranean? Yes, probably, but a few decades ago. It is somewhat old-fashioned to me. In fact, too retro...
I purchased it without having it sniffed - I was just impressed by the conception telling a romantic story of a girl who found happiness in a small distant village. It sounded really nice, but the scent had nothing to do with such a description.

However, the fragrance is warm, a bit sweet and pretty bitter.
Having in mind the sharpness of the dominant notes and the relative heaviness of it all, I imagine aristocrat ladies 1 or 2 centuries ago having their afternoon tea in the garden or going for a walk along the park alleys.

allexa27
allexa27

Girls you just dont know how much this smells like Coco Mademoiselle.!!!!!I cant beleive it!So if u like Coco but u dont have the money for it,buy this one ,you will not regret!Beleive me!

imgcas
imgcas

One of my favourite fragrances. First I fell in love with the shimmering body lotion because it smells great, powdery, soft and relaxing.
Then I tried the perfume and I bought it (two bottles so far). It's fruity in the opening with apricot, unofficial peach note and uncommon powdery citrus. It's not another fruity-floral indeed. I'd say it's a light and modern chypre. I have never smelt other fragance which reminds me of Azzura.

This perfume smells quite different depending on the weather. I think it gives its best when it's hot.

One of the few chypres I like.

Azzura by Azzaro 3.62 out of 5 based on 149 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Azzaro Azzura fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Azzaro Azzura, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Azzura by Azzaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Azzura by Azzaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.