Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Decibel Azzaro for men

Decibel Azzaro for men
dislike

smoky

Decibel by Azzaro is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Decibel was launched in 2011. Top notes are amalfi lemon, aldehydes and licorice; middle notes are incense and violet; base notes are vetiver, tonka bean and vanille.

Amalfi Lemon Aldehydes Licorice

Incense Violet

Vetiver Tonka Bean Vanille

Kiss Him

Decibel Fragrance Reviews

amirsasan90
amirsasan90

Unique! its like nothing else! its just like itself!
I've got so many good compliments every time I used this unique MicroPhone!!!
I think I'm Decibeled !!!

cintaparfum
cintaparfum

reminds me of mont blanc legend

Have_some_scents
Have_some_scents

@420 You should really stop sniffing cats' assholes.

Joeri

Licorice-lemon, seems a lot of folks don't like it, but I do. Smells nice and projects a lot at first; dry-down is also good and totally non-offensive. Decent staying power but faint projection after a while.
I wouldn't overspray it if you're not into drawing attention the first few moments. Cheapy, and when used sparcely, definitely not a bad scent. No masterpiece but I repeat; not bad either. Bottle design could have been better imho.
Caution: Box slides very easily out of the thin cardboard wrapping which has no bottom. Be careful, my kids allready let it drop more than once when going through my closet to check my colognes.

Skeletor
Skeletor

My body odor smells better than this cologne 0/10
jovan musk is a great alternative

funnyboy
funnyboy

Bought a 25ml size at a bargain yesterday out of curiosity.
I too have nothing to compare to this in my vast collection .
It is a cool summer day here and I have applied about 6 sprays.
Has lasted at least 4 hrs and started off quite soapy and citrus .
morphs into incense and a touch of liquorice but I can't locate the vanilla or sweetness as yet.I find it strong and defined maybe a touch of ginger . Suitable for over 30,s and not a teenage nightclubby sort of scent .
Could imagine wearing this at work but only lightly but good for an informal night out.
I own a couple of Azzaro scents and find them all completely different which is good.
I will wait for the reactions from others but personally I like it .
My rating 8 out of 10.Projection good and lasting power good for price.

alsyaid
alsyaid

bau yang sangat2 nggak pasaran . dengan harga yang lumayan terjangkau , saya kasih nilai 8.9/10 utk ini parfum . ketahanan aromanya muantaapp (9/10) . bau balsam di sini bukan bau seperti bau minyak urut loh ya .

Asylumin
Asylumin

Really loveable scent. Its quiet different from any of my collection. Nice, worth a try.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I get why people aren't loving this, because it does vary a lot on people's chemistry quite a lot. On me the opening is like sweet plastic gasoline, love or hate I guess, but the drydown is very smooth, almost creamy, aldehydes and burnt sugar. I don't see this as woody or spicy at all, gourmand, Nice, I like it.

Joeri

Despite all of the negative reviews, there are few women in my surroundings who seem to dislike this one. On the contrary...

siddiquewallace
siddiquewallace

Quite a unique licorice fragrance with a decent projection...smells like burnt sugar but in a nice way.
I think it is more of evening fragrance
I recommend guys to try it

dzikae
dzikae

great combo of ingridientsand what u see is wa u get..even tho it kept me sneezing the sweet undertone made me love it more any rocknrolla would love this...definitely my next buy

SMELLY1992
SMELLY1992

i know this fragrance has so many haters but i seem to be very connected with this one specially for the beautiful and strong incense note in here. man, I love this fragrance...

john.marcus.108
john.marcus.108

Smells like an acoustic engineer after a hard day conducting noise measurements.

havardize
havardize

The fragrance when starts is very strong, resembles smell of dry ice smoke in the night clubs, what may scare who smells.

Drydown very interesting, resembles a smell of guitar amp when connected to long (I don't know if is any connection with a The Strokes haha). Also have a vibe of cold incense and citric notes in the entrance.

Very exotic perfume, breaking the linearity of the Azzaro House, with one perfume exotic, young, smoky, for the parties and ballad.
Very nice projection and longevity, but isn't a versatile scent. I think that the night is a great opportunity to use Decibel.
The commercial is very cool, mainly for who like The Strokes haha.
Scent: 6
Versatility:6
Longevity:8
Projection:8

hell cold

با احترام به نظر دوستان فکر کنم پولی که برای خرید این دادم حرام بوده.نت ابتدای یه بوی تند لیمو که به نظر من ازار دهنده اس در کل اقا خوشبو نیست.وسلام

Sadek

A scent is like music, like a drink, like a color, it could suit you and ti could just irritate you... A perfume could be evaluated/assessed based on higher criteria: such as how do we understand it; what for do we search in the perfume; do we search for mood or presenting an image to the others; etc. Also, I think that every one who writes a review should say something about her/his age to know who is talking...

johannbale
johannbale

On my nose, it's very soapy on the opening, almost smells like a typical detergent. There it goes, after 4-5 minutes, decibel produce the real incense's scent.

scent 6/10
sillage 5/10
longevity 6/10

I still prefer Azzaro Pour Homme as my special Azzaro.

aliks
aliks

I don't know what to think about this one. It is a lot less terrible and vulgarious than I initially thought and actually, I've noticed that I can also quite like it on a very cold day. I tried a sample this morning and the smell was turning on me quite like Fahrenheit 32 by DIOR (the white bottle). It is the vanilla that gives this impression, it is a really similar vanilla in both colognes. Not bad actually, not very elegant but more casual. I might try a bottle some day, for winter exclusively.

Sadek

Sweet and refreshing scent. Manly and outspoken. Earlier, three years ago, I disliked it but now I want to keep it as one of my favorite scent.

lyktor
lyktor

It really reminds me candles, that directs me to a Church, not for me.

Its kinda serious and exotic, more appropriate to formal ocasions

matty64
matty64

I like it, thats all that matters.

villa1912
villa1912

I don't know why it has so many negatives votes. For me it's a very nice scent, sweet but masculine at the same time, very addictive. Isn't the best fragrance I have smelled but it's very good. Perfect for a winter night. 8/10

Dear oh dear this has an immediately repellant note to it that I've smelled before and I can't say what it is but it's kinda musty and über earthy to the point of unpleasantness.
It's exactly what I get from Dsquared He Wood, not that they are alike throughout but it's a kind of horrible smell not similar to but as bad as ammonia...if you get what I mean?
If you can tell I seriously don't like this smell but the rest of the fragrance is alright if I could get past it, maybe it mellows in the dry down I don't know?
The bottle is cool though...a bit ridiculous but I think there's room for that in the fragrance market.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A very different frag, which is basic, linear and affordable...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1.25 hours - 1.25 foot projection. Okay this is different, this smells like a pale-orange (not listed). I have to be honest and say for me, that this is not very good - it is so like children's low sugar cheap orange cordial. I am looking at the scent pyramid and cannot fathom how you get incence, vanilla etc out of this. The name decibel could not be further from the truth; there is nothing loud about this fragrance- it is dull, bland and uninspiring. I was expecting a smoking, balmy heavy fragrance and instead I get a low calorie Calypso..ages 12 - 16

1.25 hours - 3 hours - 4 inch projection. Linear frag

3 hours - 4.25 hours - 2 inch projection

4.25 hours - 9 hours. Close to skin but lasts quite long. At last clear notes come out with a dated tonka bean drydown appearing from nowhere ages 42 - 48

I blind bought a 25ml bottle from my usual shop, and the spritzer lid is faulty. It just gets worse and worse...lol. you win some and you loose some

The positive side of me tried to use this fragrance in a situation which would suit - I got that desperate to like it that I took it to the pool on holiday.... and I use it very rarely to provide some light feel/touch when stressed

I am lover of many Azzaro frag's, but not this one

Not for me

belolfo
belolfo

Um dos piores perfumes que já provei! Não recomendo!

mahaduciel
mahaduciel

One of my favourite fragrances, Smells absolutely incredible!!

instantjim
instantjim

I got this for my birthday. It is an unusual mix of anise, smoke and incense with citrus thrown in for good measure. It almost has a burnt caramel-like aspect to it as well, which is probably the combination of vanilla and the smoky note. It is quite hard to compare this to anything else I own as it is very different. It is kind of an aldehydish gourmand.

ayslan5
ayslan5

enjoativo. like twin, black xs, CK one shock.

irishenka
irishenka

I'm in LOVE with decibel. Love to wear it and sniff to my Bf when he wears it. Smells so different - on him Yummy in a very masculine way, sweeter and softer on me. So sexy and addictive.. Always catch attention

BorisRubio
BorisRubio

Hablo en serio cuando digo que es una de las mejores fragancias que he probado. Que demonios esperaban todos estos tipos que dicen que es "poco masculino", "huele a cigarrillo", "demasiado incienso"... etc. Porfavor!! Huele a estrella de rock!! Es cierto que se percibe un toque a cigarrillo pero eso lo hace jovial y nocturno!! Caray me ha encantado!! jajaj Se siente igual a lo que uno huele en un casino por la noche!!
Sin duda, la fragancia para un elegante y joven músico, rock, glam, arrogante y atrevido!!
Y para los tipos que dicen que es "poco masculino", esta loción NO va con alguien feo, con poco carisma, o emo. Tienes que ser divertido y vividor, para nada aburrido!!
La recomiendo y la quiero comprar!! La probé en mi piel y me duró 6 horas.
Si no tienes las características te recomiendo que NO la compres, mejor comprate un 1 Million, o Aqua di gio o un 212 y acepta que eres del montón de gorilas que aburren con la misma loción jajaja

andreas73
andreas73

Despite being tagged as "for men", I definitely think this one could be used by a woman. It is at the same time sweet and bitter, with a strong note of lemon peel that appears on the top and on the heart of the perfume, along with a note of incense which is also very long lasting. The incense note, very strong, reminds me a little of the scent of burnt coffee, which I think makes this scent a little bit tiring. It has a good projection (quite strong, actually!) and medium longevity.

3gecos
3gecos

For me it seems that Azzaro tried something different with this one!It is appreciable but looks like they tried to much!It is the overpowering smoky feeling that i find it so annoying!It is to in your face,i don't know why did they put so much quantity of this in the formula because doesn't seems to fit.After the top notes,a little bit of lemon and liquorice and of course incense,you can smell the vanilla and tonka although the lemon remain a little bit in the mid notes also but always deep behind that wall of smoke!The longevity is average on my skin and the projection moderate.I do not recommend this as a blind buy,try it and if you like it,your win then.

agonista
agonista

It's very , very good Azzaro scent. Perfume is really well-balanced - you will feel the harmony in this mixture: the first feeling after application is inviting: some sweet incense - not sugary but really well composed. After 0,5 hour the sweetness is reducing gradually - but it is still there - in the very pleasure way. After 1 hour you will feel incense + vanilla and tonka bean notes so this is a point where all main ingredients are detectable. Wherefore, Decibel is balmy very strongly - I even say : that perfume is calming - but not sedative. Simply- your mood will be getting really gooood.

My rating:
Sillage: 7/10
-------------
Overall: 8/10

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

Too many mixed reviews for slightly over 1yr old frag....I'll wait until it eventually shows up on a bargain store shelf for under $15 - as MOST Azzaro frags do...

bronstein
bronstein

I'm quite surprised by this one in a positive way. I especially like the way how two layers seem to evolve after a couple of minutes. The underlying layer is fresh and soapy, while the layer on top is more spicey and a bit smokey. One might argue that if you wear this one it seems as if your shower gel and your after shave have mixed, but if nothing else, the two at least go together well. Conclusion: By no means a must-have, but if you get it for Christmas, well then: enjoy!

sara123
sara123

عطر ارجینال فقط در فروشگاه اینترنتی والاسان

thisab
thisab

It starts VERY sweet, but then the incense kicks in, along with the vetiver and vanilla. It's a nice fragrance. However it could be labeled unisex, because it's not masculine enough.
Also, it doesn't smell like "nightclub's smoke" to me.

In my skin, the EDT lasted 8h+. Even after shower.

O perfume começa bem doce, daí o incenso entra em cena, junto com o capim-de-cheiro e baunilha. O cheiro é bem agradável. No entanto, poderia ser rotulado como unissex, pois não parece um perfume masculino. Além disso, o cheiro não parece com aquela fumaça de boate, como outros relataram.
A fixação é muito grande na minha pele, tanto quanto a do 212 Men.

dioradddict
dioradddict

I´ve tried this one another day and found it really interesting...so, I´ve purchased it for my bf, soon comes his bday, i can´t wait to smell it on him ;-)

2 years later: I still love to smell this on my bf s skin!

rafacf
rafacf

Adorei , vai ser o meu favorito.

djinndc
djinndc

Just picked this up today. Wow, I'm impressed from Azzaro's Decibel. I tried a spray at the store, and went back to purchase it! The initial dose was an immediate fabulous powdery licorice scent with a touch of lemon in the background. No huge alcohol blast like some other fragrances have from the opening spray. The violet is soft during the drydown. The incense and vanilla really support licorice.

The projection is extremely well, and longevity also, around 5+ hours. Decibel was a great surprise for me. If you like soft powdery licorice/violet/vanilla, and not ultra-sweet type scents, give this a try!

scentury
scentury

Azzaro has produced a few clunkers already. And apologies to the fans of this fragrance, but it's another miss.
The bottle is eye catching, shaped like a microphone (to signify the scent's loudness?) The rest of the product's attributes, however, go downhill from here.
On my skin the fragrance starts with a lemony zest - incense combo that dries down to more incense and light powdery scent (the violet?) and ends with vanilla and tonka.
It might be a good scent for smokers (the interweaving of incense and cigarette is actually good) and younger people. For the guys aged 25 or younger.

ARAMIS
ARAMIS

well and different. Liquor ice & incense. I can see it as classic dark queen!

619haifisch
619haifisch

I can see why there is hate for this thing, as there isn't many similar mainstreams scents like this. So people are like , 'what the hell!?' , to be honest the incense and smokiness of it reminds me of Angel Men's opening, the harsh smell.
And that continues for some time. For me, it is an ideal scent, plus I have wore it for 30 minutes and I have already had 2 compliments.
So even though it's a bit off the wall, it is a unique enough scent, especially in the designer game at the moment.

Definate TRY

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Now it's one of my favorite. I love all about this frag, sillage, evolution and staying power. And the smell of nightclub's smoke is a good thing now, it's unique. Very conceptual and matchless.

micpower
micpower

i don't like it . It starts as a shock and continues as a loser ..

JohnMc
JohnMc

Azzaro does the 'Youth' market! The Sales Assistant in Le Gare du Nord station warned me off of this - and she was right!

Awful concoction of something or other that appeared to be at odds with the qualities normally associated with this house (every house has a howler or two).

antonpan
antonpan

I will disagree with those who find Decibel similar to 1 million. To me the new Azzaro fragrance is a modern and "younger" version of Thierry Mugler A*Men. Definitely, I feel resemblance in the dry down of both fragrances. Decibel starts with a milky lemony note, but soon a prominent accord of incense (like in the church!) begins to play. Vanilla makes it sweet. Nevertheless Decibel is first of all the scent of incense in a modern interpretation. Longevity and sillage are average.

periquito89
periquito89

I also think it belongs to the oriental family from which comes Lolita Lempicka, Givenchy Play Intense, Avon Tomorrow Men, Attitude Extreme and so on. Before reading here I really though about Attitude Extreme. So it's no original. But the opening is a bit different because feels fresh and bold at the same time (like Azzaro Men is bold and fresh at the same time), allthough quickly turn to a more recognizable scent, like some orientals of this kind. That's not original but that's not bad, and can replace some of the scents above. I bet on Attitude Extreme.

phoiai
phoiai

I regret buying this.
The first note is good, it last for some minutes
thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn after tat
it smell like Johnson Baby Powder Seriously

bwcw81
bwcw81

The bottle looks funky and very misleading, the scent is a pungent of tonka beans, vanila and incense. I wanted to like it but I found the scent is too hard to love, strange and very weird in a bad way. Try it before you buy this, be warned.

jwvoakes
jwvoakes

Got a free sample in an order of other Azzaro product, could not wash it off quick enough! Definate tobacco notes, which is probably what turned me off - if I wanna smell like that, I'll just smoke or stand next to an ashtray.

Kain
Kain

I had a chance to test this fragrance on my skin yesterday.
It's a dark,sweet and I can say a gourmand fragrance!
There is no coffee note in the note break down, but I think there is coffee in it! or maybe tonka bean, licorice and incense combo give us that coffee vibe!
It's strong and very sweet at the start.
In the drydown vanilla become more intense against tonka bean, so still it's sweet with hint of violet note.
It's interesting in the base for me.
While more fragrances have citrus notes in the opening, in the base of this fragrance you can smell lemon note but it's not fresh at all. it's sweet like a lemon pie!
Average projection and longevity with this fragrance.
I get around 4-5 hours out of it.
It's a good fragrance for the price but if you like this type of fragrances with sweet coffee note, go for Thierry Mugler house. they are the king in this genre!
یه عطر گرم و شیرین و خوشبو مردانه
تو رایحه های این عطر قهوه نیست اما من میتونم بوی قهوه رو حس کنم
ممکنه ترکیب دانه های تانکا بین به همراه شیرین بیان و بوی دود، بویی شبیه قهوه رو ایجاد میکنه. ولی به هر حال بوی قهوه وجود داره به نظر من
اولش خیلی قوی و شیرین هست
در ادامه رایحه وانیل به نسبت تانکا بین قویتر میشه و همچنان بوی شیرینی داره به همراه کمی رایحه گلها
در انتها هم بوی لیمو به رایحه ها اضافه میشه که البته شاداب و ترش و خنک نیست. بلکه گرم و شیرین هست و احساس خوردن یه کیک لیمویی رو به شما میده
پخش بو و ماندگاری متوسطی داره/ حدود 4الی 5 ساعت
اگه از این جور بوها خوشتون میاد برین سراغ عطرهای خانواده تیری موگلر. اونا تو این زمینه بهترین هستن
Thierry Mugler

DC-8
DC-8

Extremely sweet, from the very beginning till the very end.

Dry down notes are a bit like gasoline, intense and still sweet.

For me it was a cloying thing... :-(

lalelu

Projection-good
Longevity-3-4 hours

Miro
Miro

ele tem o fundo basico de um azzaro, mas um acabamento a outro nivel muito mais elevado ele da-se bem com frio, mas cá no calor de Anogla ele esta a sair-se linda mente.
adorei!!!

m_e110
m_e110

خوبه خیلی بوش نازه اولش تنده ولی ملایم میشه از اون عطرای ناز میشه که دل همرو میبره ماندگاری 8/10
پخش بوش من 7/10
موفق باشید باهاش میتونید اوازم تمرین کنید

Azzaro Decibel opens with a heavy dose of lemon and aldehydes. It's zesty, almost metallicky cold, piercingly sharp, and very fresh but not "refreshing" to me. You guys could just forget about the vetiver because nothing smells like it here or it's hardly noticeable. Then it gets smooth, sweet, and a little warm. It becomes semi-sweet licorice vanilla infused smokey metallicky incense. I do like this unique combination a lot, and there is nothing else smells like it in my collection.

Decibel is definitely oriental but not at all "spicy". It's quite a unique offering overall and it may not be for everybody. For me, it's different from anything else and I adore the bottle. In the end, it's a total keeper. I have all sizes of this funky microphone. :)

fotis
fotis

Very nice and special perfume but I dislike bottle's design.

Endymion
Endymion

@K1
Thank you for the suggestion! ;) Now I can't wait to try it, although I was absolutely regardless about this release because of its hideous bottle (worse than Davidoff's Champion if it's possible).

I do like Azzaro's creations even that they fail to be recognized, I think they have a very bad marketing team or something. Because Now, Twin and Duo are very nice, may I say unique (Now) and lovable. They could be today's 1 million but Paco does something better.
And Silver Black/Onxy is goooorgeous! ;)

Different version of their best selling Pour Homme and Chrome will not make the brand more interesting, I guess. But still Azzaro is house to be looked at. I only wish they released it with other name and package :)
So let's check Decibel... Will they have DeciBelle? :D

armaniboy
armaniboy

Such a good offer from azzaro very rock style. smells like a microphone somehow :) it has a vibe of a concert sorta dirty kind of smell. besides the fact reminding me of very irresistible for men it is pretty much unique. very good longevity and dare i say i find it very sexy. very very .....addictive.

p.s the bottle is cheesy yet fun and easy to use.

Arber Cami
Arber Cami

No comment for this one i got it 1month ago my first impression was like ok it smells like bathroom soap,so i didnt payed attention after a while i tested it again on a friend then i saw how good this perfume is,you really smeel the Oriental-Spicy notes,i personally really like it its a special scent and perfect for a night out

Longevity 10/10

DaZeD
DaZeD

I tried a samlpe of this and at first i thought it smelt great, it's very sweet and fruity, but then again it's certainly not unique, i smelt at least 5 scents that are very much like this one, this is definatly for a younger crowd.

If i was 15 again i'd buy this and love it, it could be my signature scent, but at the age of 28 i would not wear it, it's a good scent but not original at all.

iconoclast
iconoclast

I tried this in an airport duty free shop today. It started off as a soapy monster rather like R&G Open on steroids. An hour or so later it had dried down to a very pleasant & sweet fruity-vanilla fragrance that reminded me of apple pie with lashings of creamy vanilla flavoured custard - yummy! In summary, it's gourmandy and very good - you'll certainly like this if you like Givenchy Pi. I can also say that it's made from excellent quality ingredients that last far longer than the norm and with excellent sillage - I know this because I tried at least 3 others on my skin at the same time (including ST Dupont Noir) and Decibel far outlasted them. The bottle concept is slightly tacky in my opinion, but I admit does look better in the flesh. Overall, a quality new addition to Azzaro's men's scents.

learningnose
learningnose

Hi!
Frankly speaking: nothing to write home about. I tried this one as Marionnaud stores made free samples available for testing. To me this Azzaro is just another marketing bla bla! Another one to add to the long list of generic scents out there. They want "their" One Million, the jackpot, that's it.
The frag? A loud (Decibel, of course) blast of Aldéhides, fruity notes, and a "vanillic" (Oh yes that's original) dry down. And all this stuff smells so synthetic.
Another one just to smell of... something, nothing more.
But that's my opinion... and my skin!

RobbieX
RobbieX

I like liquorice and violet and I love Azzaro so looking forward to smelling this one

Lance
Lance

Looks like a luxurious microphone! Love this design.
And Azzaro never let me down, so can't wait to try this!

jazz444
jazz444

This house confuses me more than any other, especially as it produced one of the greatest scents of all time. Such odd names and bottles for their subsequent creations. Still, I'm hopeful...

querelle
querelle

The composition smells like a Midnight in Paris... Maybe the aldehydes will do the difference. Frankly, it sounds rather intriguing!

Decibel by Azzaro 2.96 out of 5 based on 340 ratings and 71 user reviews

Loris Azzaro Decibel Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Loris Azzaro Decibel Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Loris Azzaro Decibel Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Loris Azzaro Decibel Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz Hair Body Shampoo 150ml 5oz 2pcs
Loris Azzaro Decibel Rock Tour Live Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Loris Azzaro Decibel Rock Tour Live Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Azzaro Decibel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Azzaro Decibel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Decibel by Azzaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Decibel by Azzaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.