Designers » A » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Pure Vetiver Azzaro for men

Pure Vetiver Azzaro for men
dislike

Pure Vetiver Azzaro for men Pictures Pure Vetiver Azzaro for men Pictures Pure Vetiver Azzaro for men Pictures

Pure Vetiver by Azzaro is a woody aromatic fragrance for men. Pure Vetiver was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Raphael Haury. Top notes are ginger, pepper, grapefruit and cardamom; middle notes are artemisia, lavender and sea notes; base notes are rhubarb, nutmeg flower and vetiver.

Ginger Pepper Grapefruit Cardamom

Artemisia Lavender Sea Notes

Rhubarb Nutmeg Flower Vetiver

Vetiver Hombre
Chanel No 46

Pure Vetiver Fragrance Reviews

GRAF
GRAF

I was feeling nausea every time I used it. Not for me. Terrible smell.

carera
carera

this how sweet vetiver smell ,I like it make different concept for vetiver.

Odiee99
Odiee99

I purchased this one a few years back. All I could remember is that it opened very harsh and had a very synthetic chemical vibe. One sniff and all of my chest hairs fell off. Definitely not my cup of coffee.

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

Very unpleasant surprise for me, especially after very nice Pure Lavender.
Pure Vetiver smells almost exactly like extracted flavour from a quick dish: a mix of vegs for chinese food with souce-base powder for chinese food. HOWEVER, more chemical, synthetic and not tasty at all. Nauseating.
Maybe I have a sample that has gone bad, but It was sealed.

ericrico
ericrico

I was pointed to this fragrance again by someone with great taste (although I had visited the reviews before and had reservations).

Then, I decided that scent pyramid had a lot of notes that I look for in fragrance and find appealing. So, although the name "Pure Vetiver" is a misnomer - I decided to give it a go, and I'm very glad I did. I also knew that this would be a warm weather, fresh scent with vetiver in the composition - not a dark and brooding vetiver with heavy, smoky, rootiness...which I am glad because I have numerous bottle that fill that realm and several vetivers in-between (including virtually every bottle Guerlain has ever put out - from Original Vintage EDC, Vintage EDT's to 2000 reformulation. And, that's just my Guerlain Vetiver collection - I am officially in love with vetiver in fragrance.

Okay - so I put a nice full spray on my inner left wrist and gave it 10-15 minutes to breathe on my skin. Impressive from the start...incredibly fresh! Grapefruit, spicy ginger with a dash of white pepper on top. The cardamom is not pronounced to me...it may show more in a full wearing. I found the fresh-cut grass note almost immediately after the citrus note faded...grapefruit was very nice here (by the way) and the green juice indeed has a true middle note of fresh-cut grass that is very similar to one in a bottle of juice from Yves Rocher that I have (and really enjoy for that accord!) It is not as dominant as the pepper and ginger linger into the heart and gives a nice sharpness. Marine notes? No - I couldn't find any, but slightly ozonic (as desmondorama described). This is a woody aromatic, with the "wood" being vetiver. I get the vetiver right at the base of the heart going towards base notes. This is not nutty or dirty, as previously mentioned. Clean, fresh vetiver note - that comes out of the green grass and touch of artemisia, which is also a nice "green" note that adds something extra here.

A nice note that people may (or may not) get here is the nutmeg flower. It comes in at the base - I didn't get any lavender that was prominent, but the base of vetiver is slightly floral, which helps retain the "clean" and lifted feeling of this fragrance.

Totally inoffensive and a very good alternative to anything aquatic in warm weather or in an office setting. I feel that this is a surprisingly good light vetiver-based scent that has a good surrounding composition of notes that are harmonious. Take the notion of "rich vetiver fragrance" out of your mind and let your nose provide you the actual truth.

I could never wear this with anything from Guerlain - even EDC (which is the pure essence of vetiver and no tobacco), as it would overpower this ethereal, fresh and light fragrance. Spring and summer day time wear (as well as warm evenings) - looking forward to it!

My overall score - 7.5/10, as it wears close to the skin and I was hoping for a little more power. 8/10 for pure scent alone...very nice and sophisticated.

tri3pod
tri3pod

I agree with rafaeleleniz when he said "the vetiver is there, but you have to work hard to find it LOL". It took 4 hours to finally smell the vetiver note.

And I agree with behzad1280's review too "It’s nice but vetiver lovers gonna be so disappointed!". Well, this is the worst vetiver fragrance I ever smelled.

I'm so stupid to believe the label "PURE" vetiver. Save your money, Azzaro Pour homme much better for fougere's lover and azzaro chrome for Aquatic's Lover.

behzad1280
behzad1280

I do not agree that Vetiver in this cologne dominates other notes. And also I think the word “pure” makes it totally misnomer!
It’s nice but vetiver lovers gonna be so disappointed!

فکر میکنم اسم گذاری این عطر بعنوان "وتیور خالص" یک اسم گذاری اشتباه بوده و اونهایی رو که عاشق وتیور هستن، بکلی ناامید می‌کنه. در صورتی که طالب یک عطر وتیور هستید انتخاب‌های بهتری خواهید داشت

desmondorama
desmondorama

I've always loved vetiver-based fragrances as it's an incredibly masculine, long-lasting, unique and sexy scent on men.

I love this bottle and I was most pleasantly surprised to know that this is an excellent daytime, office or hospitality industry fragrance to wear at work.

There's nothing outstanding or intriguing about it; but it actually serves its purpose very well.

Vetiver, in my opinion, is a rather powerful scent that needs other ingredients to give it character and balance. The rhubarb, ginger, lavender, lemon, cardamom and even the artemisia (my favourite) and ozonic layers add depth and dimension to the overall notes; so it would be what I call a 'balanced' fragrance.

It does not last long on my skin, but becomes a skinscent that's really quite pleasant.

Vetiver is definitely the dominant theme and I have to say that this is a very wearable perfume indeed!

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

I love the bottle , the colour of the juice is nice too :) as for the smell well I love it ! I can smell the vetiver . I wear this during the day at work
My first full wear of this fragrance was at work and, to my extreme pleasure, i kept sniffing this gingery ozonic vetiver all working day long. I want to submit that this scent is an unsung scent by Azzaro. Its name distracts away from the beautiful woody aromatic that it REALLY is.

gmmcnair
gmmcnair

I'm sorry folks but I hated this fragrance. I smelled it at the store, and initially thought the notes were delightful. But, after two wearings, the fragrance started to wear on me....too sweet, too insipidly weak, and a synthetic smell that I detested. Plus, next to no detectible vetiver.

This one died languished in my pickup for nearly a year before I just tossed it. I don't mourn its loss.

instantjim
instantjim

This fragrance has a very pleasant citrus start. It is much nicer than so many others (Live Jazz springs to mind). I would go as far to say that it has one of the most delightful openings I have ever experienced.

Pepper, ginger, grapefruit and spices all combine to make this crisp without being sharp. Even though there are no woody notes listed, it has an aromatic accord which smells a bit like cypress or some kind of conifer (probably due to the artemisia which is present in almost all of my favourite fragrances).

"Pure Vetiver" is a misnomer, there is very little in the way of vetiver (at least to my nose), but that doesn't matter. I like it. The only problem is, it only lasts 3 hours on me.

Jim

hernie
hernie

Exceptional fragrance, pretty fresh but longlasting.
The ginger and vetiver notes are delicious. Love it!

rafaeleleniz
rafaeleleniz

A very nice fragrance, very spicy and masculine, the opening citrus is very subtle, not like most perfumes that open by overwhelming you with citric notes, and the pepper kicks right from the get go. I can smell some fir or cedar on the middle notes,but it is not mentioned in the description, the drydown brings a very subtle vetiver/sandalwood subdued by the spiciness of ginger and cardamom. Lasts and last and you will love this scent. I have read reviews mentioning a fresh cut grass smell that escapes me totally, and also read that there is no vetiver so this fragrance is a misnomer, believe me, the vetiver is there, but you have to work hard to find it LOL

Pure Vetiver by Azzaro 3.55 out of 5 based on 80 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Azzaro Pure Vetiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Azzaro Pure Vetiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pure Vetiver by Azzaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pure Vetiver by Azzaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.