Designers » A » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Silver Black Azzaro for men

Silver Black Azzaro for men
dislike

Silver Black Azzaro for men Pictures Silver Black Azzaro for men Pictures Silver Black Azzaro for men Pictures Silver Black Azzaro for men Pictures

Silver Black by Azzaro is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Silver Black was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Francoise Caron. Top notes are lime, apple, anise and bergamot; middle notes are coriander, juniper and cardamom; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver and white musk.

Lime Apple Anise Bergamot

Coriander Juniper Cardamom

Sandalwood Patchouli Vetiver White Musk

Onyx

Silver Black Fragrance Reviews

kanak
kanak

Azzaro Silver Black is pure excellent juice. A truly under rated gem. I get apple, citrus and lavender in the opening which lasts a fair bit. The mid notes are a spicy cardamom, trailing into a nice, balanced dry down- I get the patchouli, vetiver, leather n amber along with a rose note which is not listed here but Geraniol is listed in the ingredients on the carton. It projects really strongly for the first couple of hours before settling down a bit. Lasts a good 6 hours plus before slowly fading away although I can smell it on my shirt at the end of the day.
I have no idea why fragrantica has 2 sets of notes for Silver Black and Onyx when they are the same fragrance. I have used both and they are identical. I checked with the local Azzaro Distributor and He confirmed what other people have mentioned here- Onyx is the name of the North American version where as it is marketed as Silver Black for the rest of the world. Wonderful confusion. Which genius at Azzaro came up with that stupid idea merits a whole other discussion.
Thankfully, Silver Black or Onyx, Francoise Caron did a wonderful job here, taking the spirit of the original Azzaro PH and transplanting it for modern times. A very versatile, comfortable perfume, does not change much from top to dry down, and is suitable for just about any occasion. This is one of my default frags for the days when I cannot make up my mind or I am in a hurry. Truly wonderful Juice. Love it. 9/10

riquero
riquero

This fragrance is easily one of the worst I've ever smelled and/or owned. It was a blind buy that I really regret. Extremely synthetic and unpleasant smell, the opening is just off-puting, very sour but not a natural sour. Then it becomes a terrible sweet one. I can't imagine how anyone would have thought of this as a perfume, it is not something to be worn, it's just a bad odor that doesn't recall any good thing. Nothing in the world should have this smell, let alone a person. After this I believe I will never buy another fragrance from house Azzaro again.

Asylumin
Asylumin

Casual wear for matures who wants some fresh scent.
Not bad but i think not a good choice for the younger crowd. It smells like lots of deos from the past like adidas or denim.Too mature.

SMELLY1992
SMELLY1992

Very versatile I'd say. Smells kind of fruity and musky with creap undertones. THis is also a creap fragrance. You can purchase it for like 40 dollars...
I use it whenever I want to feel fresh and clean.
i'd give it 7 out of 10!

Lava Drinker
Lava Drinker

* * *

At first a sharp citrus (not sure if I would call it a fresh citrus), calming down after half an hour or so it then transforms into a freshly made apple cinnamon Danish pastry - chicks who love bakery products will rush to you.

Honestly, though, this has moderate at best projection and that's only within the first hour,from then on you have to be fairly close to catch it.
Longevity is around 3-6 hours for any true noticeable smell, but it will linger hanging super close to your skin for at least 12 hours.

Fine for all seasons but slanted towards the colder.

* * *

eliweisz
eliweisz

Affordable, modern, inoffensive... Is it bland? No way! Silver Black is very special with its fruity vibe and hearty woody base. Not harsh but spicy enough. Non-aggressive but not too sweet. Fresh without being aquatic or synthetic.
Decent protection and good longevity, like nearly every other Azzaro frag.
A friendly tip: don't be afraid of the opening. Let it settle down a bit - and enjoy!

gemini68j
gemini68j

Fresh,woodsy and little bit citrusy. At same time Silver Black is strong, long lasting and very seductive. My GF likes very much when I wear it. She says that it's very sexy frag and very potent, just for me.

pronose
pronose

a very sexy scent! perfect and well balanced! altough tough to find it!!!!!!

mariomario
mariomario

Hi , after reading all reviews , finally i decided
To order yesterday , I toke my silver black
I can only say that the one I was looking for in past
2 years , sharpens is amazing , if your waiting to order
Do it now , you would newer get any fragrance better than this
This line of luxury fragrance, I enjoy every single minuet of it
I would give
9.99 of 10

Tine1world
Tine1world

I bought this for my son. Couldn't resist the price and class of yester year at 20 Aus Dollaroozies. Hoping this would deliver some savoir fair to his rather understated youth, which of date is just starting to blossom into his own masculine critter. I thank the members here for their critique. Cheers T.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

Excellent.

This is my most used fragrance, because it smells great and is SO versatile. From office to casual, this fragrance covers all bases.

Sweet, spicy, cool and refreshing...It's 30% classic, with a 70% modern coolness. When I can't decide on a fragrance to use, my eye catches AZZARO SILVER BLACK on the shelf and the choice is simple.

It's cheap too!

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: good
LONGEVITY: very good
SCENT: excellent
VALUE FOR MONEY: excellent

OVERALL: 9.5/10
---------------------------------------------

Manolete
Manolete

This is class in liquid form.

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

Imagine a razor blade transformed into a perfume. This is Silver Black.

Features:

*good longevity and projection,
*nice price,
*does't change very much from the begining to the end,
*not powdery,
*not sweet,
*has a different ('sharp')freshness,
*ideal for man older than 35y,
*can be used at night or day.

I'm using the second bottle.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Starts off fresh with vibrant lime and some vetiver then after a minute drys to a nasty metallic aroma with spice. Perhaps it is the lime mixed with anise and juniper...I guess it smells like tarnished silver?! The name fits all too well. Honestly, I can't stand this fragrance...

Na0
Na0

Perfect name ! Silver : Fresh, metallic, lemony
Black : Deep, woody, dark.

A balance between dark and light, black and white. That's a sheer blackness !

erik.siqueira
erik.siqueira

The first blast reminds Azzaro Man, but in the dry is disgustting, finally, I hate junipper.

marioslg3
marioslg3

Very nice masculine perfume with some DNA from the original once you spray..but without the mossy old type feeling....just fresher and updated. The whole juice is playing around lime, apple and juniper berries, very masculine indeed. Definitely for mature men, longevity and sillage is excellent. I consider it as the link between the old Azzaro perfumes with the new Era.
it has a discreet soapyness perfumed with the fruits!

raiyanhasin
raiyanhasin

A very masculine aromatic fragrance and a massive compliment earner. A spicy opening that has a very soapy drydown that matures throughout the day as time progresses. Yes, this is long-lasting, however, the excessive soapiness in the drydown can usually be a deterrent. The citruses and woods are warm and delicious as long as they last, which usually is quite long, but the drydown has the stink of Kouros.

This is a very well blended fragrance and the notes have depth, but on clothes and even on skin, this can cook up to a pungent smell even on cold winter nights.
I received compliments from people standing 4 feet away even with just two sprays on the neck the first time I used it.

I would recommend this to anyone who is not bothered by excessive soapiness but looking for a classic masculine fragrance at a great price. In fact, I'd rate it best in its class for the price.

Omega Man
Omega Man

Smells like an update of a classic gentleman's cologne from yesteryear - like Santos for example. The heart and base is dominated by sandalwood, patchouli, and musk. I thought it smelled really great until someone told me I smelled like ben-gay ointment. I haven't worn it since.

First off this is not a fougere, nor is there even a mild fougere accord. Lavender, coumarin, and oakmoss are not listed (though small amounts may be present). Beyond the top notes, this is linear and comes across as one big accord, though thankfully not as a "blob." The fruit and wood notes are most pronounced (the spices are mild and blended into the overall presentation), but what strikes me as unique (or somewhat unique) here is how dry it is, with just a touch of sweetness. Most dry scents are high-quality vintage or niche, but this one doesn't seem to have ingredient quality at that level, so it comes across as somewhat metallic or "synthetic." Musk amplifies the main accord and may indeed make this a solid "compliment getter." Because it gets boring quickly I'd say this is not for the aficionado, but if you want to leave a pleasant scent trail, you could do a lot worse.

Bobster
Bobster

The only fragrance in my collection that garnished me 5 compliments back to back in one day...... MASTERPIECE......Enough said

Uneebkhan
Uneebkhan

Being in Love of perfumes for the last 5 years.. It is only "Silver Black by Azzaro" that rules my favorite list & Wardrobe...

Best Fragrance for Macho Males..

Must have for male wardrobe

word-doctor
word-doctor

Bought this after PH and Visit. This one has a strong opening of green apple, then a really nice drydown into sandalwood and a little musk. I do not like green apple much, so gave this to my 15 year old son to wear instead of Axe. Now he does, and he's the better for it.

Scent-7/10 (but not my preference)
Sillage-5/10
Longevity-6/10

Bierko
Bierko

citric and woody is one of my favorite ...

faiz htc
faiz htc

Very nice perfume,stays on my shirt for 2 days.Thanks azzaro

garett
garett

it is a like a sugar and apple cocktail with lots of other stuff but the earlier two things dominating.It is indeed fresh , infact sugary freshness.It may give you headache.A heavy smell and surely for a man.

periquito89
periquito89

More than one time a saleswoman pointed this scent, but I see I don't like to use it. I think the sillage is good, but it's not pleasant to wear. There is something that reminds, I´m not sure if a cleaning product, or a cleaning place which smell remains stick to some memory I have ... The smell is fairly linear, I think a bit harsh (apple-y harsh?), and doesn't look like it came from some fine fragrance's house.

vahid.hoo
vahid.hoo

great i like it

Jano Fourie
Jano Fourie

Very nice fruity opening but after that all I am getting is an overpowering musk note, which sort of ruins the scent for me. Projection and longevity are both good.

vsgunnam
vsgunnam

To me, it is a better and improved version of Liz Claiborne`s Curve!!! All green and nothing woody or musky about it. With 5-6 sprays in the armpit, chest and back it lasts(at varying intensity) for hardly about 5 hours or so. Initially during the first hour it has good projection and fresh green smell. After that,it gradually fades out and after about 5 hours, it is very difficult to feel its presence. I bought it for more than $50 (2670 INR). My overall impression about this perfume is that it is a fair one but does not worth its price!!The longevity is not satisfactory to me.

Miss Dior Cherie
Miss Dior Cherie

perceive everything unless citrus smells on my boyfriend: (

samihardanian
samihardanian

It's a women-magneto fragrance, lol. Women love it!
مانند سایر کارهای آزارو بوی دلنشین و فرح بخشی دارد

devshoppe
devshoppe

This doesnt lasts longer than 3-4 hrs.....useless !

GreenMan
GreenMan

I have had this for a long time and for a good reason.
It is a very solid, long lasting woody aromatic fragrance with great projection.
This stuff lasts from morning until evening. One spray on the chest and two on the neck and you are set for a very long time! And it is really a panty-dropper.
Very masculine and fresh, with the citrusy-green apple top notes, spicy heart notes and musky-woody base.
So if you want a long lasting, masculine scent that the ladies love you can´t go wrong with this stuff guys!

domurst
domurst

Silver Black has some resemblance to classic Azzaro PH. It has fruitier opening and is less powdery - thanks to lime and apple it has that "fizzy" vibe. Longevity and sillage are really amazing. Generally for me it's younger version of APH - that doesn't mean it's purposed for younger crowd - it's rather lighter and more wearable than it's great predecessor

bronstein
bronstein

Considering this one's on the market since 2005, it smells very newish, just like "Adventure," "Freigeist" or Chanel's "Bleu." Unfortunately, this chemical stuff is not my cup of tea: too synthetic, and also too generic by now.

A bit metallic/synthetic, probably too much for me, and the drydown is too musky for me. However, I like this idea, and prefer Baldessarini to this one. It seems like some notes here are too strong while others are too weak, so it comes across as unbalanced to me, though some prefer that kind of construction (it makes more of a "statement"). Also, I'm not much of a vetiver fan, and the vetiver seems to be a bit too strong here (whereas in Jacomo for Men/"Silver" it's just right). Not a bad idea, nor a terrible execution, at least for the price, but I think there are clearly better options for the fragrance aficionado.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A wonderfully crisp and elegant scent. The spice and woody notes are wonderfully compatible and compliment the rest of the notes.

Crisp, spicy and woody.

Adrianocgo is right, a chick magnet!

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

It's a women-magneto fragrance, lol. Women love it!

bwcw81
bwcw81

Very nice, very seductive and very sexy for a real man! The opening is a bit dusty, after a while it turn to a very additive spicy scent, so nice until you get addicted to smell it over and over again. Dry down is mild woody scent. Thumbs up! Longevity and silliage is superb, 7 hours on me! Tip top high quality contents that cab really last whole day long.

It give me superb confident and feel great wearing this! Suitable for office formal wear or romantic dating with your loves one, I found that women love this scent very much on men! I got compliments from women every time I wear this.

Notes: This is not a scent for teen or youngster. Silver Black is a mature scent, but in a very modern yet seductive, think of a softer and more pleasant version of Drakkar Noir, with a blend of freshness, for man who is smart and confident. I will give 8.5/10 for this.

Updates: Silver Black and Onyx is the exact same juice, I've tested both and it make no difference for me, Onyx is the name given for the US market only, while Silver Black is more common named for worldwide market.

scentology
scentology

Why don't we have a 4th category beside 'love', 'like', and 'dislike' titled 'no comment' or simply, 'meh'?
Cos that's what Silver Shadow is to me. It's not bad but I don't like it either. Got a sample last year and was drawn by the opening notes, then only to visualize my father in a tailored suit. Must be the vetivr and patchouli. Reminds me of the age of Van Cleef and Kourus. Definitely not for me nor anyone under 40

Sillage : strong
Longevity : stays like forever
feeling : too mature
Feedback : None

guest_Taymoor
guest_Taymoor

Special fragrance for me, cause one o' my most loveliest used to be girlfriend gifted me once..!

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

wow, this fragrance is amazing..alot of citrusy and the anise is perfect match..its not too sweet..its real fresh and a lil spicy on a side...got some woodsy smell at the dry down..
good for casual wear...

Mentirosa
Mentirosa

Wow, I just visited my parents and my father wore this. When he passed me I could smell something very nice and fruity.
When I asked him what it was he said he didn't know. Then I asked if he applied any cologne today and he answered:
"Uh... This morning at 6". It's about 11 O'clock in the evening right now so this scent is still noticable after 16 hours!

guest_Laguzza
guest_Laguzza

Smell male. Manly man and sexy. Erotic.

ticalau
ticalau

Just tested today and i have 2 say it's ok... i like the opening... it's fresh and at the same time elegant! Top notes on my ph i smell lime and some patchouli... i guess... ;) But silage it's not that great... just 2 close 2 the body! Smell great and it's very easy 2 wear, i may say casual or good for office... Nice :D

ZeeK
ZeeK

What I get is a sour apple type pleasant aroma in the beginning as it blends with other top notes of lime, bergamot and cool sweetness of anise. Heart is just a glimpse of aromatic spiciness that touches the notes of cardamom & coriander. Base is quite woody & musky but there remains a dried affect of sour apple even when the fragrance goes down. Fresh and cool fragrance for summer wear, lasting & silage are quite appreciable with my body chemistry. Good for romantic / casual wear.

knightz
knightz

According to the Azzaro Paris website, Azzaro Silver Black and Azzaro Onyx are the same fragrance, note for note. The name 'Silver Black' was used in Europe and 'Onyx' in North America.

Everywhere I look there is a slightly different list of notes for these, and here the notes for the two are even different from each other.

Since they are the same fragrance, then Silver Black is also in my Top 5, I just reviewed it here under the name Onyx. It's an excellent EDT.

afraafra
afraafra

Very ctrus opening but then it's all woods , reminds of a shyer Gucci ph

Silver Black by Azzaro 3.58 out of 5 based on 235 ratings and 49 user reviews

Silver Black Cologne by Loris Azzaro - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Loris Azzaro Silver Black Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Loris Azzaro Silver Black Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Gift Set 1.7oz
Loris Azzaro Silver Black Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml Deodorant Stick 75ml 2pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Azzaro Silver Black fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Azzaro Silver Black, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Silver Black by Azzaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Silver Black by Azzaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.