Designers » B » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Badgley Mischka Badgley Mischka for women

Badgley Mischka Badgley Mischka for women
dislike

caramel
Badgley Mischka Badgley Mischka for women Pictures Badgley Mischka Badgley Mischka for women Pictures

Badgley Mischka is the first fragrance from designers Mark Badgley and James Mischka for their eponymous label. Much like their elegant and red-carpet-ready gowns, the fragrance is a testament to glamour and refinement. The bouquet is a floral chypre that transcends time. Both vintage and modern, it reminds us that no matter the actual profession, a woman of taste is always the chic and unforgettable star of her very own Hollywood movie, and she needs a special fragrance for the journey. Year launched: 2006 Perfumer: Richard Herpin

Cassia Peach Red Berries Cinnamon

Dalimania

Badgley Mischka Fragrance Reviews

ShoelessDuchess
ShoelessDuchess

I think it's an absolutely beautiful scent. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I decide to wear it,... how the fragrance is very RICH smelling, with a definite presence all it's own. My experience is that men seem to love it. It's been d/c'd so my advice would be to grab some before the price goes through the roof.

t4x3
t4x3

I am not surprised that this perfume went from $100 to $10 in a decade. Something about it isn't quite right. I've decided this perfume tried to walk the line between vintage floral and disconnected modern and tripped.

I feel mean for writing that, but I was disappointed with this. I've been searching for a perfume with a strong osmanthus note and this was yet another one that doesn't give me what I want.

Another edit: I've been reading reviews of this from when it was released and I've decided people wanted this to be great based on their admiration of the designers.

nirvana1
nirvana1

Blind buy: What a LOVELY Fragrance! Warm,sweet, little spicy, fragrance matches the color and notes! Definitely recommend! This somewhat reminds me of a darker Tresor!

I have (3) 1 ounce spray bottles available for swap or sale, message me! The bottles look like refills for a purse spray. Does have sticker damage due to transit, but Badgley Mishka is the Label. I 100% guarantee everything I have!

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

It's not really like Gucci Rush and Al-Rehab Rasha, is it?

[email protected]
nellyrlight@aol.com

old Hollywood glamour..very intense..love the bottle

The Perfume Critic
The Perfume Critic

all i cane smell is patchouli in this. If you love patchouli, this fragrance is for you :)

Mischka Parfum!
Sweet, with a load of Peach, Red berries, Amber and Caramel, in great mix with Musk, fine Patchouli, Sandalwood and airy Cinnamon. A little bit too sweet for me, but a very nice scent - with a hint of the 90's way of smelling, a bit heavy, a bit sweet, and a real bit womanish.

Mischka Parfum!
Söt, med en rejäl laddning Persika, röda bär, Amber och Karamell, i en fin mix av Musk, ljus Patchouli, Sandelträ och luftig Kanel. Lite för söt för mig, men en otroligt fin doft - med inslag av 90'talets typ av dofter, lite tung, lite söt och rejält kvinnlig.

archivist
archivist

The pure perfume is amazing. Warm peachy velvet, caramel, sandalwood - the berries are here, but it's not "fruity" in the usual sense. If the EDP is this good, I'm kicking myself for not getting it when it was cheap as chips at TJ Maxx.

annkom
annkom

Unbelievable, I meant to sell a gift set containing this today, but decided to give it a go and I'm so happy I did! Usually it was sour patchouli on my skin, didn't like it at all. But today it was completely different delicate & soft citrusy zing on top of buttery popcorn caramel base! I can't believe it and can't stop sniffing my wrist. I suspect that the difference was caused by pure olive oil treatment which I had today. I'm so amazed how it has changed my experience.

lcommisso
lcommisso

I love the spicy opening, and then it turns to fermented peaches. Looking at the reviews, it seems like body chemistry is a huge factor here.

goingblonde
goingblonde

Perfect blend of spicy & sweet.
In the beginning far to much cinnamon for me but in awhile that changes as sweetness steps in :-)

Very well done & very sultry scent .
"love" it in winter .
Good longevity & sillage !

Xime
Xime

I bought this perfume in Nordstrom in 2006 the first time when it was launched, the cost was so expensive , I paid for this around a $100.00 the 100 ml ( 3.4 oz). A few months ago I found this perfume in TXMAXX store and I got Badgley Mischka just for $9.99 dollar!!!it was so crazy. My question is why? Well, I can say about this perfume is good but nothing special :-(

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

A nice, sophisticated blend of woody notes and ambery, fruit liqueur. I would possibly buy this is I didn't own Rochas Femme, which is somehow similar in intent, but better in my opinion.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

I admire Angel but after undergoing a switch from colorful mishmash wardrobe of youth to a newfound neutrals and minimalism streak, I can't wear Angel well. And that cotton candy can really be nauseating. I hate to admit it since this one is so much more prim and better behaved, but Badgley Mischka may be a vast improvement on Angel.

The caramel with patchouli and pulpy, oozing fruits are more cocktails than candy. Intoxicating sillage, impressive longevity. Optimistic, though not simple; extremely sunshiney but with hints of darker depths in its pure excess. Bright and hygienic. The patchouli is remarkably clean but still not neutered as it is in most fruit-choulis. A chic earth mother radiating sensual good cheer. One of the few neo-chypres of quality and substance. The peach is so expertly conjured that it joins the ranks of Rush (sluttier), Mitsouko (smarter), and Femme (sexier) in the peach reference category, but this one's still to be found cheap--and is maybe the most everyday-versatile of the group.

Berlynn
Berlynn

sweet peach and bitter patchouli almost smells like leather on me. There is something borderline unisex about this fragrance, but it's beautiful, lovely and glamorous.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Badgley Mischka makes me think of vintage glamour and old Hollywood. Very 1940’s, sophisticated, and elegant. I must say that Badgley Mischka is the strongest perfume in my collection. I was very surprised the first time I smelled it, I wasn’t expecting it to be such a heavy patchouli bomb. Fortunately it softens to a sweet peach with a warm caramel undertone. I know the Badgley Mischka fragrance is now discontinued and I like it, but I don’t think it was worth the exorbitant amount of money I paid for it. I loved the bottle so much there was no way I could pass up trying this scent. It’s definitely suited for evening wear, preferably on a cold breezy night.

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

the pure parfum is gorgeous, seductive yet sophisticated, & quite intoxicating. This is the queen of booze soaked pitted fruits, warm, slightly spiced & covered in caramel. Soft white florals bloom in the background, melding into molten amber, musk powdery sandalwood & fuzzy patchouli.

yettb
yettb

This is very feminine giry fruit and floral with carmel and light musk after a bit it seems to last a few hours not too sweet like so many fruit florals I think it is very lovely and understated and could be worn as a daily fragrance classic and beautiful

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

Well, I wandered into TJ Maxx the other day looking for some cheaper pet toys for my dogs. The perfume section has a giant magnet hanging over-head I'm pretty sure and before I knew it I was standing before 10 feet of all kinds of perfumes brought in for Mom's Day.
There sat this small bottle of Badgley Mischka for 9.99 and I knew it was mine! I really like this scent! I love the fruit and patchouli a lot. I would not have guessed this had caramela in it since I get none of it, which is fine with me. Smelling like a caramel sundae isn't really my thing. The dry-down of patchouli and wood is quite nice and not heavy handed at all. In fact, this goes on pretty strong, simmers a bit and then mellows out and has a medium sillage rate I'd say. I kind of wish it would last longer actually.

I'm pretty happy with this blind buy.

rorygory
rorygory

Impulsively and regrettably, I swapped a full bottle of Hypnotic Poison for a full bottle of Badgley Mischka, unsniffed. It was spring, and I wanted a change. I already had a bottle of Hypnotic Poison parfum, and felt the EDT was going unused. I wanted to shed my heavy, gothy, rosey, tuberose, and decadent notes for something just as sophisticated but sweet, fresh, fun, different. The review in Perfumes: the A-Z Guide made Badgley Mischka sound like the perfect fit- a gorgeous and sophisticated fruity floral.

I can be traditional in that I love unabashed, feminine florals, many of which do fall into the "fruity floral" category. However, I don't particularly like fruit notes except for peach, and only when it is an accent, not the focus. Badgley Mischka is all fruit, as Sanchez says, "a big, breathtakingly gorgeous fruity top note". Well, the adjectives work if you like fruit, but if you don't, replace gorgeous with stressful and you have my reaction upon receiving a full bottle in the mail. I immediately had swapper's regret, and have missed my Hypnotic Poison EdT ever since.

Today my Badgley Mischka is once again headed out for swap, and I've tested it just to remember my reaction. Anything is easier to appreciate when you know it will soon be gone, and so this time, I notice the jasmine middle notes, and the patchouli base and woody dry down. As far as fruity florals go, this one really is sophisticated, and would stand out among the other department store fruity florals as chic, subtle, and glamorous. However, those fresh, fruity, synthetic top notes still nag me, and I will not regret sending it off to someone else who will hopefully appreciate it more than me.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Well today I picked this up at TJ MAXX unsniffed for $9.99. I must say I am very happy with my blind buy. Boozy fruity sweetness is what this is on my skin. It reminds me a bit of John Varvatos and a few other perfumes. Not bad for $9.99!

***Edit*** I tried this three more times and it just does not work on my skin. I love it out of the bottle but it hates my skin chemistry.

SophieJ
SophieJ

When I first sprayed this on, it had that dusty, strong, 'has been in a box in Grandma's attic for a few years' quality. That disappears in about two minutes and leaves a juicy floral scent. Now, I'm not really a floral or a fruity floral girl, but I am really loving this right now for spring. I bought it at TJMaxx for super cheap on impulse, and I actually had it on a swap list. I didn't think I liked it due to that initial dusty-attic-gone-bad scent, and I scrubbed it off. I decided to try it again one night, and it's very comforting but not overwhelming in it's sweetness. I could see this working well in any season.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I don't get any of the notes listed here! Maybe the sample I smelled had gone bad? It just seems musky/masculine/cologney/dark/heavy and... gross! Also, I sprayed it on white tissue paper, and IT STAINED IT YELLOW!!!

finzi
finzi

Whenever I smell this I think of 19 year old girls drinking cheap white wine. It's sweet with a very slight acidic/sour note that I can't quite put my finger on - I can only compare it to those last few dregs of white wine left in the glass the morning after the party. That's not such a great smell...

Somehow I just can't imagine a grown woman wearing this, only a girl in her late teens or early twenties. She's getting ready to meet her friends for a night out and the smell of her perfume is mingling with the smell of hairspray and makeup. It smells the way my younger sister's bedroom used to smell when she'd decided she needed to keep her door closed ALL the time - the room was never aired enough (despite my mum's best efforts) and resulted in a permanent smell of hairspray, makeup, perfume and sweat.

Sorry. :-/

calyx93
calyx93

Overripe fruits galore - like a juice bar's garbage bin. I mean this in a very good way - it's such a melange of peach, nectarine, berry, pineapple, guava ... almost alcoholically fermented. Nothing like most "fruit-chouli" scent these days. These elements are simply bolstered by the florals - osmanthus being a major player against the fruity jasmine and lilting peony. It's rather seamless in this regard - like a liqueur-infused ambrosia that's been on the summer picnic table for a while.

However, that phase doesn't last for too long - the patchouli and musk peek their heads up as does a surprising addition (read the ingredient label) of actual oakmoss extract. The fruits and florals are still there, but they quickly lose volume and projection to become just a nice skin scent pillowed by the rather weak base notes mentioned. This is the EDP I bought, and I've read that the parfum is better at retaining the "wholeness" of the composition - will be trying this next since it seems that all formulations are being sold for really inexpensive prices lately.

Anyway - very pleasurable for the ten dollars spent (!). I'm quite amused and surprised :) Hope to report about the pure parfum soon - maybe the body lotion will afford some staying power too. As cheap as it is at the moment, I feel okay to buy and experiment. Oh -just to keep that opening!!! It's addictive :)

melia
melia

Badgley Mischka is a rather linear chypre peach. The only development is that at the beginning BM starts out quite tart (due to the berries I guess) and at the dry down there is slightly more of this nostalgic patchouli powderyness, which I happen to really like. The staying power is good, and I think Badgley Mischka is a pretty 'safe' blind buy if you're loving anything between the lines of Coco Mademoiselle and Miss Dior Cherie, though I would dare to say BM smells slightly more mature. I myself own John Varvatos (another chyprefruity alike) already so I don't feel the need to buy this as well... Even though there are some good deals on the net!

mwari
mwari

this one took me by surprise.Did not know what to expect. It was like opening a present. Fruity floral and exotic. love it.

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

Smells like yummy, boozy fruit. Delicious and the bf complimented it, too. One of my new favorites, smells expensive. Nice sillage and lasts for about 3 hours on me.

Edit: This is definitely an Autumn/Winter perfume to me, I wore it yesterday after not wearing it much in the Summer and got an amazing 12+hours with this. I could still smell it the next morning. Amazing. I also wanted to add that although BM starts off boozy and rich, it mellows out to a clean, fresh and musky peach-scent that I really like....which is good, since this stage lasts and lasts on me, apparently.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I just grabbed a bottle of this, not having the slightest idea of what it was supposed to smell like (I got if from TJMaxx for $9.99) and I am surprised that I liked it.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

This is a cheapie my sister got for herself, but just today, gave to me. I'm getting something like a honeyed-fermented-peach(?). That sounds horrible, but it's not quite as bad as it sounds. I find it similar to John Varvotas, and I'm not a fan of that one, either. I do appreciate the fruitiness of it, even though I do think that peach in perfumes is very redundant these days(I'm still stuck on Tresor, who hit the bulls-eye with peach). Perhaps this one will grow on me, so we'll see how it goes... I will give it more time. She told me she picked up this 100ml for $12.00, so as she says, no big loss, either way. :)

Pace,MioDolceCuore
Pace,MioDolceCuore

Bought the 1 oz size unsniffed for $9.99 at TJ Maxx- not much of a risk in case it turns out to be a true stinker.

I've read previous posters who were reminded of Chanel- both Coco and Coco Mademoiselle. I get some of the Coco Mademoiselle drydown.
On my skin it is about 80% what Chanel Allure Sensuelle does- I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe just how close to Allure Sensuelle this one turned out. Just with slightly more 'drunk' fruit. (only more test runs can tell if the fruit is 'too rotten' or just 'rotten enough'.
Chanel seems a bit 'sparklier'.

Aside from that my skin chemistry LOVES Badgley Mischka the way it loves Chanel. I planned on buying another flacon from Chanel directly as Allure Sensuelle is no longer sold anywhere- but I had to save up. Badgley Mischka gives me what I was looking for in that regard- without having to break the bank.
And without carrying the waft of 'cheap drugstore copy' around. Very nicely done- I guess your chemistry either works, or it doesn't.

Sillage is excellent.

Sizzler
Sizzler

I bought this fragrance untested on discount (as many others have), based on it's reputation. Perhaps I am not being analytical enough, but this seems like the most straightforward perfume I have yet to try. The kind of scent that could be put in a lovely crystal bottle labelled, Perfume, and presented to aliens as an example of what western cultures call "perfume." I like it, seems easy to wear.

florabella
florabella

This was another blind buy based on many favorable reviews here. I found it for a steal at Winners and there are no regrets! It's a lush and boozy fragrance for sure, emphasis on the peach schnapps in the opening which then rounds out to a caramelized middle with a bit of jasmine in the mix. I immediately thought of Varvatos when I first applied this perfume, it feels deeper tho, more sultry. I love Varvatos in the spring and summer, now I have something similar to wear in the colder months. I look forward to wearing this more often, it truly is lovely.

Theosaurus
Theosaurus

Very enjoyable, but it changed into 3 distinct perfumes on my skin over the course of a few hours. Hit my skin smelling like the bottle stopper: juicy and complex. An hour later the boyfriend shied away from me because I smelled like "a bowl of rotting fruit and toffee". Unfortunately, I agreed. For some reason, I didn't immediately run to wash it off, and within the hour I was salivating at the floral, spicy incense and wood emanating from my wrists. A bit schizophrenic, I'm afraid. Perhaps this one requires a few more test runs?

Hellokt
Hellokt

I feel like someone smacked me in the face with their Fendi hobo.... But this does smell delicious... Just awfully strong...

Senzadite
Senzadite

Jajajaja i love your reviews Sherapop i really do...Luca Turin and Tania Sánchez are sooo overrated; that i really got tired of them.

A *masterpiece*? BADGLEY MISCHKA?

Clearly I'm missing something. Sure it smells nice enough, but there's no no cause for olfactory ecstasy in this genteel ANGEL derivative. (Isn't that actually a contradiction in terms?) To my nose, this composition is a essentially a weak solution of the ANGEL base with some stewed peaches (no extra sugar added, thankfully) thrown into the mix. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that BADGLEY MISCHKA might have been one of the Angel of Stars, "Angel La Pêche,” well, except that it is way too weak, so they'd have to bottle the extrait as the edp (which is in any case what Thierry Mugler appears to have done with all of the ANGEL namesake flankers—that's why a lifetime supply can be found in those apparently small .8oz bottles!).

I disagree with the categorization of BADGLEY MISCHKA as a fruity chypre. When I think “fruity chypre,” I think YVRESSE or DECI DELA or FEMME ROCHAS or MITSOUKO or BRYANT PARK. Patchouli alone does not a chypre make, IMNSHO. In my perfume book, chypre is an honorific term denoting a texture and depth entirely absent from BADGLEY MISCHKA.

Nor is BADGLEY MISCHKA a fruity-floral perfume, as Luca Turin's wife maintains—she claims in her review of FLEURS DE NUIT that BADGLEY MISCHKA “unexpectedly perfected the much-maligned fruity-floral genre.” Say what? Since when is patchouli a flower? Clearly the authors of “The Guide” are banking—and I mean that, I really do—on the fact that most of their readers are utter ignoramuses. But I digress...

Although the opening of BADGLEY MISCHKA is an attention grabber, it is short-lived, ceding nearly immediately to a polite, very light oriental with middling longevity. Because it has been the object of a serious “mission civilisatrice,” BADGLEY MISCHKA will not remind many of ANGEL, I realize. Perhaps aesthetically it would be better compared to FERRE edp, except that the latter is a much more beautiful perfume, with a unique and distinctive identity, rather than being simply another distant relative to a famous perfume. (okay, it is related to IRIS POUDRE, by the same perfumer, but it's still unique...). In FERRE edp, fruit is skillfully deployed to complement iris. In BADGLEY MISCHKA, the fruit is just trying to break through, even to be discernible amidst the dominant, albeit dilute, ANGELesque base.

Happily, the bottle really is a work of art.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I once came back from holiday to find my fruit bowl had turned my kitchen into Badgley Mischka.

It was obvious that the fruits had painted their nails, got drunk, partied & mingled with each other & then collapsed in a boozy heap on the table, their golden juices oozing out of their porous terracotta container. Naughty!

Next to them I noted my virginal, white blooms has wilted... their dank, green stems slightly rotten, sharp & tinged with a pond-water note. The fruits had obviously corrupted them, poor dears.

The kitchen had that warm, honeyed, sharp-&-sour decay note that only over-ripe fruit can create....not unpleasant & worth quite a few repeat sniffs, but nil by mouth. I left the room a little queasy - high sugars and ethylene threatening to cause a headache.

Now I own Badgley Mischka I can confirm that it is a grown-up fruity scent that may be appreciated by non-froooty lovers. It is like finding a PhD in a beauty pageant - what a pleasant suprise! Pretty AND clever!BUT don't expect the depth, class, sillage or longevity of a niche chypre and enjoy it for what it is: a template for what fruity scents should be like.

One fruity gal with a bit of experience and bite. Not at all sexy & quite possibly a bit irritating until you get to know & love her...Mischka is strictly no cuddling. She can battle in the boardroom & collects diamonds like ex-husbands. She owns an acerbic wit honed by one-too-many brandies, has a twinkle in her eye & laughs like a drain. Intoxicating.

Norgirl
Norgirl

hm this to me is like smthing totaly different from what im used to. It opens almost like a glass off Wine, sweet white vine whit a hint off plum..
it is not overly seet in any way but a bit strange ..I like it:)
The plum note sticks whit me for a long time makes me thing off Coutore coutore and a bit off Varvatos yes , but this is less sparkely and more warm on my skin.
I feel this is a warm comfy scent for a warm personality. I can imagin this one a very good friend that is realy into hugging. he he , im a hugging kind off person and i would love to be welcomed buy this wonderful warm perfume..
i can feel the Caramel and peach blending whit the flowers , i cant realy tell the flowers apart so it is a good mix
first time i tryed it i feelt like it faded to fast, but trying it again , i have to give this more off a try. lovely lovely

jtd
jtd

My liking Badgley Mishcka is akin to the person who hates all white florals loving Fracas. I don’t have anything against the notion of the fruity floral per se, but I’d never smelled one that I liked (at all) until Badgley Mischka. It proves that if a thing’s worth doing, it’s worth overdoing. The fruits are fermented, the florals don’t show their innocence, just their decay. The patchouli is a sweet undertone to the sloppy drunk feel of the beginning, but you know when it’s great? Put it on, start to sweat a bit, and the patchouli combining with the hootch makes you seem like a bit of a hippy lush. People think this stuff is ‘old-Hollywood’ soigné? Really? I find it much more blatantly queer than the mock-normalcy (and its mirror image, feral ambition) that I associate with old-Hollywood.

I think the key is the part with the fewest spoken lines: the florals. If there’s jasmine here, all I get is the indole. If there’s peony, it’s that ammonia-smelling angle of peonies just starting to turn. If these floral bits were any stronger, Badgeley Mischka’s first words to you would be bad breath. As it stands, they’re more the, “Hello! Darling!” kiss-kiss greeting of a fabulous friend meeting you at the door as you arrive just late to his cocktail party.

napiergirl
napiergirl

Utterly feminine and lovely .Top notes for me red berries mixed with a slight peachy, musk . Jasmine and caramel in the background .Sharp at first but a lovely dry down . Innocent fragrance that is beautiful. Would wear day or night .Lacks a bit of come hither but nice all the same.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Once again, skin chemistry determines whether a perfume works or doesn't...I found Badgley Mischka to be a surprise hit for me. Although I do love flowers in nature, I'm rarely thrilled by the anonymous "white floral" notes of floral perfumes. There are exceptions, of course, but more often than not those are soliflores dedicated to replicating a single flower, often with a complex structure of many other notes for depth & interest. (DK Gold comes to mind.) But many floral offerings strike me as generic, sickly-sweet, lacking in depth, or unfortunately synthetic. And they tend to go even sweeter on me... Badgley Mischka went on both bright and lush, happily lacked any prominent artificiality, and went on to develop a warmth that underlined the exuberant florals with a hint of ripe fruit and a ghost of spice and/or resin (?), giving it some real backbone. It's a fairly subtle perfume on me---definitely not overblown or strong---and settles into skin scent within the first hour or less. In fact, opposite to what others have experienced, that is its main weakness for me: it lacks tenacity & projection. If it had more oomph, it would go on my favorites list for its quality and skillful blending.

fresie
fresie

wonderfull! a chic sophisticated,feminin,sweet but elegantly,seductive,abundant,intoxicated perfume. the next fragrance i want!

possumke
possumke

Very nice fragrance, extremely warm and feminine and I don't find the sillage too big, could be worn day or night. Gorgeous sweet and soft dry-down, Lasting power is great.

Russian
Russian

I recieved a sample of this thanks to the lovely NathalieZ and all I can say is that this is the first chypre fruity that I like.I indeed find a similarity between this one and Miss Dior Cherie, but it's not that big.
On me it starts out really strong, even too strong for my taste, I'd say (Red Berries and Peach are the notes I can feel).But next, it settles down to a nice,wearable blend of flowers that remind me of a lighter version of Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor (same luxurious white flowers blend).
It is romantic and elegant and can be worm by everyone older that 20, in my opinion.
Overall, I'm so pleased that I have discovered another great fragrance I might add to my collection.
I don't like chypres at all, but this is really nice, so I suggest you give it a try even if you're not used to this fragrance group.

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

According to Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez, "Mr. and Mrs. Perfume," Badgley Mischka is 5*.

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

I realy, realy love this one!!
A delicious citrus, fruity scent.
Nothing bold for me.
If I must compare it to another scent, I should say;J`Aime Precious Edition La Perla, lovelyyyyy.

Angel10
Angel10

This is a 5* beauty in the guide, but something is just not right for me. It IS beautiful, but it is too sharp, and I seldom reach for it.
It is just not for me.
It smells alot like Miss Dior Cherie, but I like the Dior better.
This is HARD to wear for me.

olga1780

I'm wearing it around the house layered with the lotion,to get my money's worth, and still not getting any of the aforementioned greatness, sophisitcation or headiness.....nothing but some muddled sweet notes,mostly pink pepper. Kind of similar To Pink Princess by Marina de Bourbon, both in scent and poor quality.
On the positive note, the bottle is gorgeous!

If you like this perfume, you should try Montana Parfum de Femme....it's a much much better quality floral oriental that would be the closest to this one.

olga1780

I got it blindly as a gift set because it was sealed and i couldn't smell it and it was a real steal: $ 25 for a large EDP and a large body cream.
What can I say....I cant believe all these favourable reviews. It's not a nasty scent but honestly- as mediocre and flat as can be. To me it smells like a drydown of Mariage or some other oriental florals, or one of those celebrity scents. Cheap or not cheap, I feel like I wasted money. I can definitely use the lotion with any sweet oriental floral, and the only way to use up the fragrance is to layer it with something else with matching notes.
To me this is a fragrance with zero personality. Badgley Mischka should stick to making shoes and clothes.

Alliage
Alliage

I always get positive comments wearing this fragrance...it's bold but the composition of this fragrance is amazing. I love this one for evening, it's too sophisticated for day.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

love this ! this is a wonderful winter scent and spray with a light hand and its fresh,mossy,spicy and very good drydown and not cheap smelling...i always get compliments when i wear this!

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

Nice fruity floral ,not too overpowering ,seems a lot like Calvin Klein Euphoria but without the chocolate and strong patchouli.
This only lasts an hour or so before becoming a skin scent.May work better layered with lotion (and my skin is drier in winter).

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Badgley Mischka is like a retro revival, classy with an updated twist.

Opens with fresh, full bodied fruits with a deep green leaf note to it. The juiciness disappears rather quickly but leaves behind its fleshy trail.

A nice combination of florals congregate to meet the opening notes, expressing themselves with romance, grace and integrity.

Beautifully warm finish which is predominantly a caramelized patchouli, however not gourmand or dirty in any way--very grounded and seductive.

Categorically fashionable but not trendy, yet in the most elegant way.

Perfect one for the boardroom too if you want to be unintimidatingly compelling.

This is the second Badgley Mischka I've tested and I'm really impressed with the masterful balance of these perfumes.

Carnelian
Carnelian

Very pretty chypre, and please don't bother with it if you don't like chypres 'cause this is pretty classic. I love that the patchouli is just "part of the team" in this, just giving it a bit of earthiness - it's very well balanced. Romantic, potent, classy evening-out fragrance. I get the boozy reference in other reviews, it does remind me a bit of brandy. If you love this but don't like the pricetag, I have found Yves Rocher's So Elixir to be quite similar.

goddessthel
goddessthel

I ADORE this perfume - it exudes sexy confidence! I received compliments immediately upon wearing it! YUM!

cloyd42
cloyd42

Thanks to all of you whose enthusiastic reviews made me revisit this perfume. The first time I tried it I was punched in the face with jasmine and an overwhelming fruit note and spent the next few days hating the stuff. The reviews made me reconsider and this time I approached the juice with a much lighter touch and now I know where the love comes from.

This is a huge 80's style perfume full of fruit and flavor, clean big florals and a base of amber and sandalwood so beautifully balanced that it's hard to find the notes. Whiffs of it float up to me as I type and it greets me shyly when I come back into my room later in the day. The fruits in this seem almost overripe but that means the usual sugary fruit has fermented a bit, as if it's thinking about becoming wine or liqueur. I haven't found the caramel yet but so far I'm not missing it.

A comment on the bottle: the glass shape is elegant and architectural as you approach it. Then you pick it up and see the metal name plate, which clearly escaped from a bowling trophy. As of today, the only off note I see.

Sillage: very big, very well behaved
Durability: excellent
Fabulosity: full diva--coloratura soprano
Price to value ratio: excellent, compares favorably to many $150+ perfumes
9.5/10

jglass54
jglass54

A beautiful, lush floral that to me is nostalgic.....it reminds me of the big floral chypre perfumes from the '40's or '50's that are no longer in fashion. The bottle is also a throw-back to a past era of glamour. Very romantic fragrance.

birdofparadise
birdofparadise

I wore this to a winter ball on a dark and rainy night. The look and feel of the beautifully cut bottle was the start and as the evening wore on the fragrance was rich and indulgent -bourbon and smooth creme brulee. Perfect for a glamorous evening on a winter's night.

Nat13
Nat13

I love the classsic bottle design, it screams opulence (tho not too opulantly priced) and conjures images of a yesteryear Hollywood starlet spritzing on her way out to a movie premiere with handsome hotty in tow.

I dont have to smell this to know I'll love it, just reading some descriptions here I had that sense of it being that kind of smell that you just want to devour and bought it untested. Removing the lid for my first whiff, ….. and ahhhh yes, it is every bit as yummy as I had imagined. Brandied ripe fruits, warmed mulled wine, and fresh green floral undertones. I am pleasantly appreciative of it being a scent that smells great (to me) straight out of the bottle, … a trait that makes me particularly partial to Lancome scents – they smell great from the bottle to last dying whisper.

Seconds later I recoiled in horror as this much anticipated delight hit my skin and smelt initially like strong antiseptic type alcohol. This delight in the bottle turned cheap and nasty on contact. The first few minutes were unpleasant as the alcohol stench evaporated and it turned in to a sickly sweet rotten over ripe fruit scent that you cant escape because this perfume definitely likes to take up some surrounding air space and make it's presence known. Sometimes you want to wear something that commands attention, .. but not when you smell like your drunk and been scavenging through dumpsters at the local fruit market. I'm so dissapointed, … but not throwing in the towel yet.

15 minutes later and it settled nicely in to what I'd describe as a warm boozy honey cross peony rose floral (smells rose to me) almost drowning out the hint of peach still lingering in the back ground from the top notes.

About 45 min I started detecting the patchouli previously eluding me, along with a hint of amber creeping in too. The dry down / base notes totally suit my skin chemistry and it developed as nicely as I had initially expected before the initial hiccup.

This is definitely finding a place amongst my favourites. I'll just be sure to spray a good 15 min before going anywhere to give it time to settle in and stop being offensive.

I usually detest anything too fruity, especially in strong doses, however Badgley Mischka is glorious.

Whenever I think of this fragrance, as strange as it may sound, I think of a fruit salad gone wild, drowning in boozy rum and gorging itself on caramel toffees. The scent is thick and heavy like golden syrup drizzling off a wooden spoon.

The more I smell this, the more addicted I become. The scent is very rich yet classy at the same time. It doesn't smell cheap or pre-pubescent like some syrupy and fruity scents tend to be.

It reminds me a little of Miss Dior Cherie, just without the overly sweetened strawberry wine note and all the girly nonsense. What I love about Badgley Mischka is that it doesn't attempt to be pretty, it wants to make a statement, and that it does, boldly and proudly.

If subtle scents are your thing, I'd probably skip trying this, however if you're like me and love the scents that often make people gag or sneeze, go right ahead and douse yourself in this. This is one fruity fragrance that I desire in copious amounts.

I'm so glad to see Tania Sanchez giving this fragrance five stars in her book, 'Perfumes: The Guide', and I must agree that learning to love this fragrance takes time and a lot of patience. After a few wears, I almost guarantee you'll be hooked.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Smoky, elegant, luxurious, sexy, dark, inspiring, unusual.
Badgley Mischka is like the finest, oldest whisky, the colour very much reminds me of it.
The fragrance is very unique, I have never smelled it on anyone ever before.
Truly, it is a chypre fruity one, deserving much attention from classy ladies in their 30's and up.
It will go great with a designer suit and patent leather high heels.
Perfect fragrance for a chief executive person - powerful but not overpowering.
That is how I see Badgley Mischka!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

This is a special occasion parfum. Don't ever attempt to experience this, nose to bottle. Body chemistry is what makes this and you make the statement wearing it, but not a loud one.

Bright elegant golden fruits and flowers of passion. Peach, peony, jasmine AND caramel?? Some bottles are worth a thousand words. This is like forbidden fruit. I would suggest this selection for a woman in her late-LATE 20s and up. You could possibly work with this at 25, but I suppose she would have to be THAT GIRL. Its the fragrances rarely talked about that raises the most questions, though draws the most compliments.

adele l
adele l

as aiona said- exactly like mj's rain on my skin. it must vary with body chemistry because it's not at all fruity or floral on me-it's straight up aquatic and clean. pretty inoffensive though...

janudy
janudy

Wow. This. Is. Perfume. It's so amazingly potent that I nearly singed my nose hairs off the first time I sniffed it. I smell something that reminds me of peach liqueur. I do get some strange, ozone note like weegee mentioned, that makes me hesitate on purchasing this, but it does disappear in a few minutes. After it, the dry down is smooth and tender. Just beautiful. I feel like I should be wearing a slinky white dress a la Kim Basinger in LA Confidential.

Thanks @awesomeness for giving me a sample--this is a winner and the bottle is gorgeous!

uninco
uninco

I've bought it without testing. I was expecting something extraordinary wounderful loke most people say and... it smells very similar to some man's parfum on me. I'm so upset.I wish I could influense my body chemistry to fit this scent.

guest_Angel
guest_Angel

Um dos meus favoritos.Aroma muito sexy e marcante.Para mulheres que gostam de ser notadas.Simplesmente delicioso.

Delicious Girl
Delicious Girl

Just like the bright golden fluid in the very elegant bottle, the perfume itself is bright, strong, intense and screams at you for attention, in a very sophisticated and gracious way. Combination of golden fruits, luscious but not sweet with very rich florals is sharp at first and mellows down on my skin to a beautiful creamy musky, slightly fermented fruits. Everything is brought together and well rounded to make it a modern perfume that smells expensive. The staying power is great. I could smell fruits of some kind and wondered where it came from hours after testing it on my wrist. No one can miss you when you wear it, I got asked twice when I first wore it about my perfume and both were compliments. This is the perfume that oozes sophistication, class in a bottle and I'll be wearing it whenever I want to feel like a "rich bitch"!

nova6
nova6

I really like this scent..Picked it up cheap at winners. the drydown reminds me of coco mademoiselle at bit...well worth the 17 bucks

DansingDragon
DansingDragon

love it!!! Received so many compliments...

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I would not have tried this if I had not been seduced by tales of an Elizabeth Arden outlet store just 8 minutes walk from my office.

I cannot believe I might have missed out on this exquisite honey & nectar perfume. I know it doesn't list honey in the notes but I care not!

Later the honey is joined by floral nuances, suede soft with a very mild astringent tail kick to give it interest. I call peony on this one.

I don't get any boozy notes, unless you are Pooh Bear drunk on honey. I can see him now, his red-clad, short, plump little body, with his hand digging industriously into the hive, tounge reaching joyfully towards his nose. That's me, with Badgley Mischka.

817flowers
817flowers

Just snatched it up a set at Marshalls - and it's wonderful. Sharp - oriental - deep & boozy in a good way. I like it. There are several negative comments on this one - but really - we all have our individual tastes and I have found the only way is to decide for yourself.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

Sharp, vintage and chic fragrance. Not for the faint of heart. Not as strong as a lot of fragrances out there but strong enough to get you noticed. On me it's a dense floral and a little boozy giving BM the sophisticated elegance it deserves. I also smell a hint of fruit not sure that it's peach...on second thought yes, cooked peaches. Not strong fruity notes to my nose. Mostly all floral. It's a nice fragrance full of the "WOW" factor in yester year elegance.

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

This is a swollen fruit of a fragrance, ripe for the plucking, ready to burst.

Sweet but not sickly, this begins life with a fresh, almost aquatic note with mouth-watering fruits below. After perhaps half an hour, the fruit intensifies with a rich, golden floral blooming through. The red fruits take dominant positions, blackberry and cherry-like with an almost mulled-wine undercurrent.

I love the drydown, with chocolate notes and dry musky tangs, but still that jammy fruitiness, clinging to the tree for the life of the perfume on your skin.

This wasn't quite *enough* for me - I really like it, but I was expecting even more. Not a firm favourite, but I shall very much enjoy using it on many occasions.

L'Homme Vert
L'Homme Vert

After reading so much hype about this 1950's classic style fragrance I was most disappointed to discover that it smelled like a very old & very potent rancid fruit brandy wine.
I purchased the pure Parfum 30 ml. spray,
where was the floral bouquet as I could not detect any rose, jasmine or neroli in the heart notes, only a hint of orange blossom and under ripe peach (Persicol base) perhaps ? ?
The eventual 'boozy' dry down soured into a melange of fermented fruit notes (Prunol) with a nail lacquer accord (Acetone) that endured for approximately 4 hours.
Also the base notes of Sandalwood, amber & suede musk were not at all apparent to me.
I was expecting a composition similar to Balenciaga's now classic 'Quadrille', a contemporary fruity mossy chypre if you will with sillage and longevity to match.
For Parfum concentration I expected the perfume to be darker and heavier, in fact it was thin, pale & watery, more 'parfum de toilette' in my opinion !
The bottle was presented in a black 'faux' velvet box with lettering sprayed on enevenly in silver paint.
Not impressed by this retro wannabe ......
Another important lesson for me, try before you buy, will I ever learn ?

mwater1
mwater1

OHHHH WOW! I'm in love. Bagley Miscka is such a wondrous fragrance. It definitely reminds me of a fragrance worn by a glamour girl. This one starts out on a fresh,slightly fruity and floral note, but as it dries down there's this classic ambiance that pervades every moment of wear. This fragrance was true bliss from start to finish. The only down side is that it only wears for about 4 hours, but I don't recommend spraying heavily. I rate it 8 out of 10.

guest_rena10
guest_rena10

love ...love this...i get so many people asking me : WHAT ARE U WEARING?...spray with a light touch...its beautiful fresh,sexy,classy, strong....this is what BEYONCE'S SCENT SHOULD HAVE HAD..THAT THIS ONE HAS...VERY VERY CLASSY OLD HOLLYWOOD.VERY NICE, AND MY MOM LOVES IT TOO.

redenvelope1
redenvelope1

GREAT SOPHISTICATED FRAGRANCE.

Select this morning for work - still smelling it now (late night).

Smells expensive. Every second women will not be wearing this one and would not be able to guess the name nor designer either - which is always good in my opinion.

Excellent to add to fragrance wardrobe for those who love the "chypre fruity" scents. Highly reccomended.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

It smells awfully sharp and toxic on me, like scented aerosol hairspray or scented nail polish remover. I don't know why, because I can wear all of the notes listed. Maybe there is something in the balance of the notes that my chemistry cannot adapt to.

The smell I am getting on my skin reminds me of a lot of what is written in the reviews for Lanvin - Rumeur (the reformulated version).

Sassy1
Sassy1

I've been wanting to try this one and when I found it in a bargain bin, I was excited!
It looks dark and seductive, almost like an aged whiskey and the notes are appealing.
On application, it is very sweet and figgy with a touch of juniper. I get no peach. After a few minutes I do pick up some florals hovering in the background, but can't pick out anything specific.
That's it...it never hits bottom which is really sad, as those notes look to be the best part!
It is boozy, but instead of a fine whiskey, it's fruit brandy for 6-8 hours.

Update: I tried this one in hot weather and the base notes finally came around! I have to say, the patchouli-caramel combo is lovely. But now I'm picking up much more plastic baby doll in the middle. Too much peony maybe?

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I have this and its pretty strong and fruity but once it dries down its more wearable.But, it can give you a headache when you first apply it so be careful.This is a big girl fragrance its very glamourous and its best for evening wear.I don't plan to get more when I finish this.

njawalt
njawalt

I like this but it is very strong and you only need a light spritz. I wouldn't wear it everyday but it is nice for special occassions.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I bought a 1.7 oz bottle of this for $15.00 on discount today and I am happy.This smells rich and I am going to wear this one out on New Years.I would only wear this dressed up not jeans and t shirt!I love the bottle.

rachelmaryaddiction
rachelmaryaddiction

I received it this morning. At first spray I thought instantly cough medicine. After about 15mins it is emerging to be a rich fruity floral. Dont know if I like it yet. will update in a few hours

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

An elegant aquatic fruity scent when settled. It's better than some clothes marks' scents. I didn't expect it something unusual or exotic and it isn't, it's not a niche one. And the prices on it in my country are too high in my opinion. Nevertheless I like it and it's good scent to wear it in public places: pleasant, lasting enough and not nasty.

weegee
weegee

This one is a keeper, even though I'd looked forward to a more orchestral, or at least symphonic floral, something rich even, but I barely heard the melody after a truly exquisite opening. First an abundance of booze, then a "recent rain shower clear ozonic note" over country garden florals in an all-too-brief prelude that I can detect for no more than 30 minutes. Imagine my surprise when compliments continued throughout the day, hours and hours after I'd been able to notice the fragrance on myself! Odd, very odd. Seems to last on my hair and clothing though, gaining depth and richness as the hours pass. Yes, a keeper.

That said, I get no hint whatsoever of caramel in the basenotes, which I'd looked forward to. There does appear to be MANY, many more floral notes in the mix than shown here. My nose detects no patchouli - nice if you don't happen to care for it.

A friend who was a SA in Paris at a variety of designer boutiques calls this fragrance "very American -- big and bold!",has deemed it full bottle-worthy and placed it at the top of her wish list.

The bottle seems more like a nod to a gentleman's fine crystal Bourbon decanter than a paperweight, not surprising since Badgley & Mischka maintain a rural home here in the Bluegrass.

guest_wombat
guest_wombat

I have to agree with Aiona that this parfum was very changeable. At first sniff it smelled quite lovely however within 5 minutes the scent was so strong that it almost became intoxicating. After rinsing my wrist several times, where I had sprayed the parfum, the scent was still there but more tolerable; pleasant even.
Beware not to use this around those with allergies.

frangipani
frangipani

I managed to source a sample of this. Yet again not what I was looking for nor what I expected. Very beautiful romantic fragrance. I was so surprised that I actually liked it. It is the kind of thing I would wear on my wedding day. A new classic. Not sure if I will buy a bottle yet but I will know when the sample is finished if I miss it or not. The search continues....

perfumeaddict
perfumeaddict

I knew at first sniff that this fragrance would become a new classic. I've recieved compliments from men, and influenced friends to buy it to wear themselves.

veruska
veruska

Badgley mischka was given to me as a present from my Italian teacher and i agree is a very beautiful, lush fruity floral. It also reminds my of my teacher, a larger than life personality, that gave me a big ammount of new ideas to work and play with. The start is a ripe sweet juicy apple ( the notes suggest peach, but it registers as apple in my nose)and then it heads to heady honeyed floral.But the best pat is the drydown elegant woody with a reach creamy creme brulee note.Can i help you with a second serving?

jeanol
jeanol

I loved this from the first sniff. Very romantic perfume, for special moments.

Aiona
Aiona

This one was very changeable on me. It started out aquatic, almost Marc Jacobs' Splash Rain-like. Then within 30 minutes, it became a sharp floral. Bright floral. Maybe the peony. Then after 3-5 hours, it dried down to a strange burnt dryer sheet smell, that I didn't like. However, the first few hours weren't bad.