Designers » B » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Badgley Mischka Couture Badgley Mischka for women

Badgley Mischka Couture Badgley Mischka for women
dislike

Badgley Mischka Couture Badgley Mischka for women Pictures Badgley Mischka Couture Badgley Mischka for women Pictures

Luxury, shine, glamour and 20th anniversary of the brand are just a few reasons why a new perfume by the house of Badgley Mischka Couture should hit the shelves in February 2009. It represents pieces of the brand's history and abilities of designers Mark Badgley and James Mischka to create and dress many famous women of today's time.

The creators constructed the new fragrance on their inspiration by charisma, charm and beauty of Teri Hatcher, Sharon Stone, Elizabeth Taylor, Eva Longoria Parker and Sarah Jessica Parker. Their wish is that the new, golden Couture can be revived by each woman, as if she were wearing the most luxurious evening gown and walking on red carpet.

As Badgley says: "One zip - or in this case - one spritz, and you're glamorous"!

Perfume Badgley Mischka Couture was constructed as a floral-woody fragrance, created by Caroline Sabas of Givaudan, and some notes it contains are directly connected with certain women. Elizabeth Taylor's eyes inspired her to use violets, and gardenia was inspired by Sharon Stone.

Top notes incorporate plum, blackberry and pear nectar, heart is composed of jasmine, gardenia and violet, while base notes include elegant patchouli, black vetiver and sensual musk.

Flacon is opulent on the first sight. It is designed in form of previous editions, but this time with gold body and crystal angles where you can see the liquid inside, which contributes to more luxurious experience. The angles were imagined as to represent woman's shoulders which evoke and announce beauty of body inside a luxury dress. Stopper has a golden board of the brand on its top.

Perfume Badgley Mischka Couture is available as 30ml, 50ml and 100ml EDT, with an accompanying line of body care products. 15 ml flacon was also presented, as pure perfume. Badgley Mischka Couture was launched in 2008.

Blackberry Pear Plum

Jasmine Gardenia Violet

Patchouli Vetiver Musk

Badgley Mischka Couture Fragrance Reviews

finzi
finzi

I find this much more pleasant than the previous Badgley Mischka. If I concentrate, I can still pick out the slightly syrupy almost sour note that I dislike so much in Badgley Mischka, but in Couture it is weighted with a little smoke; probably the vetiver and maybe the plum?

Although still a sweet fragrance, it is at least slightly cleaner (my review of Badgley Mischka mentions sweat and hairspray...) and more subdued.

I don't know if I really like this fragrance, but I don't wildly dislike it as I do with Badgley Mischka. The white wine is still there, but it's (thankfully) blended with other, softer notes. The pear seems to life the fragrance slightly, freshens it.

In my opinion, more grown-up than the original.

Friesianfriendly
Friesianfriendly

I think this scent is absolutely lovely. I love its softness and smoothness. To me, it's what those scents that aspire to be representative of "cashmere" really ought to smell like. I love the way this perfume changes over time, how it goes from studly smelling to "Auntie Mame", to a gentle, comforting, sensual, cashmere feeling. It is, in a good way, a little bit retro, a little bit glamorous, and a little bit masculine. It is completely without the brutal notes found in some masculine colognes, and only has the sexy vetiver, patchouli, and musk. While some fragrances with these notes may smell a bit dirty, this one does not. With this on, I smell a bit like I've been kissing a gorgeous, tasteful, well dressed man and his cologne has mingled with mine. In the complete dry down, the vetiver and patchouli back off, leaving a lovely, feminine fragrance which is so comforting to me that I could sleep with this on. This is when I smell the pear, plumb, jasmine, and gardenia. I never actually picked up any gardenia specifically, but I believe it's detectable in a blended-in way.

What happens when you remove the peach from BADGLEY MISCHKA? You get the base, which appears to have been bottled straight up, with the addition only of a dash of pear, as BADGLEY MISCHKA COUTURE. This composition reminds me a bit of Grès CABARET, which showcases a somewhat sweaty muskiness, in complete consistency with its name. I myself have never really understood what people mean when they use the locution “transparent rose,” to be perfectly frank. But perhaps there is “transparent” gardenia, violet, and jasmine in BADGLEY MISCHKA COUTURE as well—in precisely the sense in which the Emperor's New Clothes are “transparent”.

My overall impression is that BM COUTURE was a quick and cheap flanker. Same bottle (dipped in a low-quality gold paint with poor adhesion), same composition minus the top notes plus a touch of pear. As one who never managed to comprehend the effusive outpouring of admiration and even gratitude for what appears in some select cases to have been an eschatological delivery of sorts occasioned by the sniffing of BADGLEY MISCHKA, I cannot muster up much enthusiasm for this flanker either. I don't really think that BM COUTURE is any worse than its namesake, but it's also not really any better.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I am in love!
Badgley Mischka Couture is such a twin sister to Chanel Allure Sensuelle!
I can definitely smell blackberry, patchouli, vetiver and gardenia, jasmine mixed in a way as to remind me of Allure Sensuelle every time I wear it.
It is sexy, classy, perfect for a lady that's self confident and elegant.
Great for formal meetings as well as special dinner at the posh restaurant. A real head turner!
It lasts a good while (6-7 hours) without the need of reapplying. Lasts much longer if applied at the back of your neck.
Silage is more than decent.
And the bottle is to die for.
I absolutely love it!
Badgley Mischka signature is more caramel-ish; naughty, sexy, fun, Couture, on the other hand, is a more mature and extremely sensual fragrance.

twillocks
twillocks

love this and totally shock that I do VERY NICE!!

adrienn99
adrienn99

nice, very plummy, little smokey - nothing revolutionary though. :)

TheLadyApryle
TheLadyApryle

Purchased on a whim at TJ Maxx for 9.95. The velveteen pouch and beautiful gold case - hiding an impossibly quiet sexy bombshell of a fragrance. The opening for me was the teensiest bit too- too fruity..but became organic and tempered and ultimately full-on provocative !! My favorite impulse purchase to date !!

hiifiive
hiifiive

I love this perfume. I can't compare it to anything else. This scent makes me feel clean and fresh but sultry at the same time. It does not seem to change that much through the dry down which I like. I like that it stays true to its opening notes which can sometimes leave you feeling a bit unfresh. And it is so glamourous but not loud or offensive. I actually wore it on my wedding day and all my bridesmaids asked to have some too. I love the other Badgley Mischka ones too.

Okay, so I really liked the original Badgley Mischka with its bold, syrupy fruits. I thought, a couture version of Badgley Mischka should surely be just as rich, perhaps more elegant and ten times better, right? Hmm, not so.

Badgely Mischka Couture is a much blander fruity composition, with berries and watery pear leading in the opening. It's not as unique and rich as the original Badgley Mischka which comes as the first disappointment.

The floral heart comes across to my nose as being rather soapy. After sometime it develops into a sugary gardenia and an earthy and musky patchouli blend which was a little difficult for me to stomach.

As long as you apply this fragrance sparingly and don't smell up too close, Badgley Mischka Couture is passable. Unfortunately it smells sour on my skin, causing me to dislike this fragrance even more.

Towards the drydown it starts to turn, resembling something like a can of pears in syrup, complete with the alluminium can smell. Can't say I'm particularly rapt with anything in the composition itself. It all seems a jumbled, fruity mess.

I love the bottle design, I think it so very elegant and upscale. It's rather unfortunate that the scent doesn't match its outer packaging.

NatWeb
NatWeb

This smells like the love child of two already great fragrances - the early 2000s Gucci with the brown liquid and heavy round glass lid and Dolce and Gabbana's underrated Sicily. Couture is a great solid powerful fragrance better suited to night. It also manages to be sexy and classy at the same time - definitely one for impressing the opposite sex!

Fruity dense 80s oriental. Reminds me way too much of the 80s, but if you weren't there the first time, it's probably a great richly layered fruity oriental marvel.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I am a little heartbroken. I was on such a winning streak with the Badgley Mischka line. Couture has tripped me up.

It is not a BAD fragrance as such, just unsettling. On my skin it is all crispy, juicy peaches (plum/pear combo) and burlesque musk, I am not picking up any florals at all.

The dichotomy between the fruits and the musk could not be more pronounced. On one hand, you have a fresh cheery fruity experience and on the other a rather skanky musk. On paper this musk smells kind of subdued and only a bit cheeky. On skin though, it is impolite, bold and rude. Vegas showgirl knickers *after* the sweaty can-can.

To my nose, this is the same late drydown as White Diamonds. I used to smell this on my mother's clothes, even after they had been washed. I could never get used to it then either.

Although I can certainly understand its potential, this formulation of female musk just smells like cheap thrills to me. I doubt I am the right woman for the job though as my miserable, discomfitured body language hardly screams 'sexy' when I am wearing this.

Quite strong in the beginning but settles down very musky and sweet. A bit too overpowering for me but on other people it smells beautiful :)

LadyMuck
LadyMuck

Beautiful, charming and very sultry and sophisticated. Dripping of diamonds and money is the image that comes to mind when I smell this fragrance. Funny how some frangrances can evoke images like that. It's a long lasting fragrance and so it should be for the price you are paying.

c3c
c3c

Really nice from start to finish. It starts with the perfect blend of blackberry, plum and pear, just a hint of gardenia and jasmine peeking through. It really smells like vanilla is in there sweetening and softening things though it's not in the notes. It gradually softens with the berry & plum notes remaining strong until the dry down when they soften to a whisper. The dry down is pleasant and vanilla like with plum still hanging on. A good all around scent for any weather, evening or daytime. If you like plum & berry notes you should like it.
I will add the lasting power is great and after around 6 hours I could still smell it.

fragrancefiend
fragrancefiend

This is so good and so much better than the previous Badgley Mischka. The blackberry is not as dominant as in Trish McAvoy #9 - more an essence of berry but enough to temper the floral and make it more interesting. The musk is kept from being too sweet by the nice woody vetiver. This is the first department store mass release fragrance I have smelled in months that I was tempted to buy.

guest_Gayla/Dallas
guest_Gayla/Dallas

This fragrance is AWESOME. Very sultry and alluring! I love the fruity top notes and the black vetiver in the bottom notes. You will get compliments! Also, the bottle is gorgeous!!!!!!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Badgley Mischka Badgley Mischka Couture fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Badgley Mischka Badgley Mischka Couture, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Badgley Mischka Couture by Badgley Mischka. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Badgley Mischka Couture by Badgley Mischka represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.