Designers » B » Woody Aromatic « Groups

B. Balenciaga Balenciaga for women

B. Balenciaga Balenciaga for women
dislike

ozonic
B. Balenciaga Balenciaga for women Pictures B. Balenciaga Balenciaga for women Pictures B. Balenciaga Balenciaga for women Pictures

Mid-October 2014 Balenciaga will launch a new fragrance signed by perfumer of IFF, Domitille Bertier. B. BALENCIAGA was created carefully with reference to "every element required in the process of evaluation of what had been done and what had never been done before," says Alexander Wang, creative director of the brand Balenciaga, that with new fragrance wants to make a new breakthrough of the house and to transfer the DNA of the brand with the composition, design of the bottle and style.

The composition of the fragrance B. Balenciaga was announced as green and tart, very strong, with subnotes of subtle woodsy shades. The top notes are composed of lily of the valley, violet leaves and green accords of edamame peas. The heart incorporates orris and cedar, while the base incorporates ambrette seed and cashmere wood.

The flacon is very elegant and artistic. The glass of the bottle is inspired by the marble floor of Balenciaga's salon located at 10 Avenue George V in Paris, while the stopper was created to suggest the modern style that Balenciaga has cherished in fashion creations and in making accessories. Photos of the advertising campaign were taken by Steven Klein, and face of the campaign is Anna Ewers.

Lily-of-the-Valley Violet Leaf Pea

Camelia Intrepide

B. Balenciaga Fragrance Reviews

whiscious
whiscious

The mixture of vegetal edamame/soybean, sour cedar and sweet violet combine to smell like a ripe green apple. Refreshing and zesty. The drydown is mostly a clean musk and it causes a sensation in my nose but I can't smell it very well. It's interesting and I like it but not enough to want a full bottle.

Michelle12345678
Michelle12345678

This is okay. The sweet, pea smell isn't really my thing and doesn't do so well on my skin.

Betsywoolbright
Betsywoolbright

Cashmere wood, edamame, iris, etc.
I'm averse to cashmeran, anyway; and I find vegetable notes in perfume to be strange.
So yeah, this isn't a winner.

myjebo2012
myjebo2012

I bought this fragrance at a great price on the military base. It smells wonderful and cannot wait to buy the set with lotion or body wash.

MsFCAS
MsFCAS

I decided to buy a full bottle of this based on a sample. I really quite like it. It is different from my favorite florals but it has a green, fresh and clean thing going that is so refreshing after all the very sweet scents that have been popular lately. This is the opposite of a deep, dark and sexy scent - those have their place, but they're a bit much for every day. This scent can be worn any day, any time, for a nice energizing spritz that will make you feel a little more awake and alive as you make your way through your busy life.

Edited to add: the bottle is lovely. It's a textured glass meant to mimic the marble floors in the Balenciaga flagship store. It doesn't look anything like the other bottles in my collection and looks gorgeous on my dresser.

laurenlewis
laurenlewis

Ohhh, I love this fragrance so much. It's so interesting to see the different perspectives on this. For me, this perfume is a masterpiece. Totally unique, SEXY -- but not in the bombshell, trying-hard kind of way. Its sex appeal for me is more of a self-assured woman in her most natural states. This is the perfume that Scarlet Johanson's character from "He's just not that into you" would wear. This is how Khaleesi might have smelled when she was travelling with the Dothraki. I LOVE wearing this perfume in jeans and a t-shirt. You really can't put on too much, so I spritz it all over, and it makes me feel like a more empowered version of myself. Not pretending to be someone more. It does smell green to me, a little bit tree-ish, but in a juicy, dewy way. (I do not get pickles or pot AT ALL. Crazy how different we can perceive this). IMO, a previous reviewer nailed it when she said "It is like a meadow after rain. The sun has burst forth from the coulds and acts swiftly to warm the land, evaporating the droplets that lay heavy on the greenery and steaming away the moisture that has saturated the tree trunks and soil." Natural, steamy, lightly sweet and oh-so sexy.

superthotty
superthotty

All it smells like to me is pickles. I get how it can be appealing to some for its earthy sorta spicy smell, but all I can smell personally is pickles and it turned me off hard. It does smell sweeter in its middle tones and I like it once it wears down a bit, but I can't get past that pickle smell at the beginning.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

After wearing B. for a few good months, I, rather unfortunately, had to conclude that, after all, this is not for me.

B. has many qualities I like - it's green, dry, spicy. A very well made scent. I adore its quality.

However, the spices here are actually quite foody and I despise anything that reminds me of food in a perfume. Granted, smelling like top quality kitchen spice mix is much better than emitting some sugary fumes, yet they do not belong on my skin. Also it has this 'sweetened water' aspect which I cannot comprehend.

I received a lot of compliments wearing B., many people seem to enjoy it. I do not dislike it on other people, B. it is simply someone else's scent.

I bought this a couple of months ago and am wondering how come I haven't written a review about it yet! But all in all not that bad, as I've had enough time to try it several times.
Balenciaga B. is very different and distinct from what you find normally in the market.It smells like pure fresh woods, mixed with some natural foody ingredients and a touch of creaminess(maybe musk?) and although it sounds strange I do smell green peas and it smells great in this composition.
It reminds me somehow of She Wood, but She Wood is more floral and feminine, while this one is mostly unisex. Also reminds me of daisy series (maybe because of violet leaf), but it's much better and more original than that.
I think it best fits rainy days, because of the fresh woody smell, but I won't mind wearing it at any time of the year. Sillage is very mild and I don't see it as a negative point, because sometimes strong perfumes make me sick, but this one definitely doesn't go on nerves.
The bottle looks great here in the pic, but in reality, it could have been better. My main problem is the cap that is supposed to be like B alphabet, but looks like a strange piece of cubism art on the bottle! Else everything is ok in this fragrance. Not a masterpiece, but a different high quality contemporary perfume.

matty64
matty64

I purchased a gift set of this recently at a wholesale store at 1/3 the retail price. It smells just as lovely as it did two years ago when I sampled it at the high end retail chain! Very happy with my find of the week.

laulaura
laulaura

Shoping a few weeks ago I was searching for a hair styling shine spray and came across, attracting my attention Balenciaga's bottle perfume.I like the simple,modern classic bottle especially the cracks on it and because of it I thought hmm this must be a creamy woody fragrance.I took a paper sample with me back home and sniffed it constantly.it is sharp, green,elegant and well blended.it smelled like fresh cut grass with a herbal vibe, comforting in a way and pleasant not one bit nauseating, made me sniff the sample constantly.
i will have to smell it again because the green notes and nothing else are the only ones i can remember.
I wouldn t wear it outside tho.I think this one can suit as well as a natural room freshner.

Suzifun
Suzifun

Goodness, this smelled lovely on a paper strip. Just fresh, enlivening, non-overwhelming, delicate, smooth. First words out of my mouth were, "I REALLY like this!"

And then, on my skin...like stems of plants rubbed on me from my childhood. Or my husband's green juice with kale, cilantro and beets. Hugely disappointed. I thought I'd found IT.

The search continues.

Neosmiaphyte
Neosmiaphyte

Just like a successful party, there are different parts making up the whole to make a quirky yet repeatable experience:

Cedar is the class clown shouting, "LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!"
Violet Leaf and Sugar Snap Peas are the green note popular girls whispering to each other and trying to stay out of the while being conspicuous to everyone around.
Cashmere Wood is the jock chanting "WOODS WOODS WOODS WOODS," while egging on Ambrette, who has never backed off of a dare/challenge, to get crazy and make a fool of himself.
LOTV is calming Iris, who is having an identity crisis sobbing "but they keep calling me ORRIS!" "It's okay, sweetie, together we'll show them just how soapy we can be!"

The party WANTS to be a classy wine tasting with a feminine clientele, but ends up a little like a frat party: fun, loud, and smelling like men. And just like a good party, it trashes the venue: my nose is TIRED.

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

B. Balenciaga is a cool, unique fragrance and if I came across a girl or guy wearing this I would think they were fierce as hell. It's woody, green, and watery, along with plenty of musky cashmeran. It's even a little bit starchy and oily. It smells completely modern and tows the line between natural and otherworldly.

The bottle is such a perfect visual encapsulation of the fragrance: it has the same cloudy, crystalline texture and the same weird angles and proportions that seem like they shouldn't work, but somehow totally do.

B. Balenciaga is absolutely unisex and I really feel like it somehow transcends the gender of the wearer. I wish the longevity and sillage were a little bit better, but I'm still very impressed by the originality and execution of this scent.

Venusia
Venusia

Green carpets of violets and lilly-of-the-valley covered with morning dew. Black rich earth, trees breathing out morning freshness, just imagined sweetness of gentle greens and flowers. On skin feels like warm vapours rising out of these meadows in late spring. Absolutely lovely!

Edited. After 7 hours and 2 showers still lingering on my wrists. Second morning still in my hair. Linear scent. I find it wonderful!

morghn
morghn

Whenever i put it on, i feel like my lungs are too small for me to absorb the fragrance.

it's weird, i love it so hard. it's so gentle, smooth, i see bedsheets and white curtains enlighted by a soft summer light, floating around because of a soft breeze..

gosh Why did i get myself the 30mL bottle ? Was I Out of my mind ? "whatever i have other perfumes to spray on"... but nothing compares, i usually spray myself with fragrances like Shalimar or Serge Noir, so this gives a nice breath time to time.

aficionada
aficionada

It was love from the first sniff. Green woody scent. Not too green, not too woody. Sensual and sophisticated scent. Very feminine. Unique and classy. Whenever I wear this perfume, people always give me a lot of compliments and want to know what perfume it is.
I bought it more than a year ago. Have large bottle and a roller ball. I want to hope that they will never discontinue this very elegant fragrance.

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Opens as a rather generic "clean" fragrance, but the woods add a subtle, elegant touch. Gives this quite a sophisticated effect.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

B. is a breath of fresh air.

B. is mostly woody on my skin, sharp at first and dignified throughout, with violet smelling delicate and soft instead of candied or overt. Orris smells earthy and slightly chilly alongside the wood notes, powdery florals and green. The lily-of-the-valley is not as spicy-green as my favorite chypres from the 60's, but I noticed the note immediately - it's the note that makes B. feel unique for me, compared to other modern, woody-violet scents. B. smells niche and eclectic, fit for stylish folks of any age or gender. It is a linear scent with moderate projection and a lifespan of about 5 hours on my skin.

This is full bottle worthy for me.

miletas89
miletas89

Review from an anti-freshness gourmand-lover:
The first time I tried this, I thought "noooo not another fresh bar of soap" - I had sprayed it on along with a few other freshy scents (was trying to explore the other side) and walked outside into a hot dry summer day.
Well...let's just say this is the best thing I've tried in years. What drew me to it is that instead of citruses creating a sense of crispness and freshness, it's the woods creating that effect. And with woods, you get a kind of creamy almost milky effect that brings balance to the cleanliness of the fragrance. Also, there's no coconut listed in the notes, but I can smell some kind of nutty tropical softness. It smells like...folded shirts in a small boutique next to a beach...in summer...maybe a Balenciaga boutique. Nice, professional, and clean, but not a citrusy screechy or squeaky clean; it's instead very soft and feminine. Soft on the nose - you don't have to smell it from a foot away; you can dig your nose into your wrist all you want and it will never hit you with any kind of sharpness. It's absolutely lovely.

miscetera
miscetera

Like pale, silvery green suede in the shade ... smooth, cool, and maybe a little bit eccentric. I'm not sure why this isn't marketed as a unisex fragrance. It's not at all feminine to me. B. is surprising and compelling. A scent that commands attention in the most gentle, understated way.

Luna_J
Luna_J

My partner wears this… unlike me, she tends to adopt one signature and wear it faithfully but sparingly, so that the impression of its association with her presence develops very slowly (sounds nice, doesn’t it? It is) Anyway, these are my impressions…

For me the ‘edamame’ accord is very unique, but is less a standout singularity than part of an overall smooth, green-hued, monochrome sheerness with hints of cool grey (iris), a flit of damp white flowers, and tender amber that gains a tinge of pink on skin as opposed to paper. There is little sweetness for the sake of being ingratiating and absolutely no solicitous powder nor animal undertow. A sleek, piquant muskiness redolent of tomato leaves reminds me of scents I’ve known that use violet leaves but also lily of the valley (I sometimes wear vintage Fahrenheit, which certainly has some of these features; our son owns Narciso Rodriguez’s grisaille fougere, and there is a hint of a similar ozone/violet leaf/musk melancholy.) It is all a bit of the feeling of sunlight about to break through clouds, poignant and forthcoming, a morning-light scent, fresh and transitional.

In my imagination it’s become kind of a 21st-century grown up wood nymph, with a bit of the sense of a tart remark conspicuously withheld so as to warm up to brisk but comforting affection in the negative spaces of day to day conversation. I appreciate how little it reminds me of ‘perfume’ (not that that doesn’t have its place) and how lightly it wears her from one day to the next. Sharp but delicate, discreet but memorable, it's a linear signature that is first interesting but consistent & last consistent but interesting.

I can't imagine it on anyone else, so I guess this is not really an objective review, unless that bigger issue (style and the person, and how they get mixed up together) matters to you. Anyway, lovely on her.

Nessers
Nessers

This fragrance has got me to be smelled and not bought blindly. I consider this fragrance to be brilliant. it is not gourmand at all . Do not be fooled by reviewers saying that it is . this fragrance is not sweet, but rather a soft white floral with an extremely interesting note that gives it a modern and unique characteristic—simply cannot be described in words but rather immersed within the senses .

By far one of my favorites . Ozonics for sure . if you don't know what that really means I say again maybe purchase a sample . if it sits well with your skin I guarantee you will be wearing it throughout the seasons .

The uniqueness comes through even more so in the winter months . I have worn it in the summer as well and the white florals jump at you . but this uniqueness behind the notes hit with you for hours and I love it so very much . I even bought the summer reinterpretation. That one I don't love as much but I love it enough to carry both.

This is by far one of the best modern fragrances of our time . It is different yet still beautiful and 100% wearable . those people reviewing negatively on Balenciaga B obviously does not have the best taste . do not be fooled by those people this is easily the top five in my collection.

Even the bottle is a modern masterpiece.

d'odora
d'odora

This is so creamy, delicious, milky, nutty, coco-nutty, gourmand - I want to eat myself. I bought a 50 ml bottle to begin with and found myself literally drenching in it and had to buy another 100 ml to keep in storage. I am not sure if this is alike to fig scent as I have never smelt fig, but I read where someone says it resembles Philosykos and I am delighted as I have always wanted to try that one, but yet to afford it.

Xango
Xango

It's nice. I have a thoroughly un-classy nose, but there is nothing that comes off poorly in this scent and I like that it keeps to itself and doesn't, say, radiate throughout a room. Applied it this morning and 6 hours later it's soft and vaguely floral, but I can't really pick out any individual notes.

Edit: reapplied when I got home, nearly 11 hours after I first put it on, but it was still there. Wow! I definitely get the ozone and - weirdly - fruit and green notes fresh. No edamame, though. I really like this!

Madrona
Madrona

Oh. *sniff sniff* Oh. *sniff* What? *sniff*

My nose is telling me that I am currently sniffing a box of blackcurrant. The berries have been picked a bit sloppily so there are a few leaves in there still, a bit of a green note. In fact, the box has been stored in the freezer and is thawing, so the very top of the blackcurrant note is dampened. I am not getting any pea from this, maybe my nose is weird.

All hail Balenciaga.

sabri.matoussi
sabri.matoussi

When It launched , I was so intrigued so I Tried it and woah , I thought the peas note was a joke but it was a real thing . the first time I Smelled it , I was confused , I've never expected that someone would use peas as a note and it's like real peas , or the peas flower .This perfume has a unique scent it's green , it's sweet but not candy sweet . Imagine with me when you eat very fresh peas and you'll get some sweetness with some greeny vibe to it . That what balenciaga smells like . It's something new to my nose , something really intresting . Yesterday I managed to buy 30 ml . Boy , I'm enjoying each time I get to spray it on myself . it's like a veggy , green , Fiesta . While , I'm a male , I Don't give sh**t or two about wether it's for women or men , If I like something , I'll buy it and I'll use it ; this fragrance do not scream women , it's very subtle , very nice and calm , it's for someone who would like to impress without trying too hard : Like Other perfumes I used before . Give B by Balenciaga a try and take you olfactory senses on brand new Ride .

cstands
cstands

How very Balenciaga! Oh, I am a fan of Balenciaga - let it be known! Yet again, "B" has managed to skillfully combine greens and florals and a vague puff of powder to create such a unique, almost curated scent. (Honestly - who puts PEAS in their high-end fragrances?!)
Feminine - yes, but not frilly, nor seductive, nor "motherly". Feminine with a slight creative flair. Unique, but not outrageous. It remains sweet and totally likable, while at the same time hinting at everlasting youthfulness and an adoration for nature.
Longevity is good, at 8 hours, even though I have quite dry skin. Silage is soft, yet perfect for the scent.
Not my absolute favourite Balenciaga, but one I absolutely admire and one that makes me happy to be in my own skin.

bleuciel
bleuciel

The opening is strong and very very green and it settles down to a softer sweeter smell. I smell fig at this stage in some green notes. Very reminiscent of Philosykos by Diptyque, only creamier, softer and a tad sweeter.

A clean, fresh, green scent luxuriously blended. Good for the upcoming spring and summer and not overly expensive. I think I will buy one small bottle of this one instead of two mass-market fresh scents. Its quality is undeniable.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Balenciaga is a luxurious chypre. This has an incredibly long life, it has a sweetness but not a cloying fruity gourmand sweetness, it has a beauty and femininity but not an overt obvious va-va-va-voom-voom sexiness; in short, a perfume of quality and purity. This was one isn't kidding around. It does evoke a marble hotel lobby adorned with potted palm trees, green shrubs and violet flowers. Balenciaga opens with a pea note, green, vegetal, sweet and delicate and then I smell a violet. This is a violet chypre. I can't think of any other fragrance it reminds me of and I love when that happens. This is a unique fragrance. It smells so good, and it's composed of authentic ingredients. As such it satisfies my need for perfumes that are perfumes and not fruity candy hair shampoo scent or body sprays. The dry down is woodsy, marvelously woodsy but not the kind of wood I've experienced in other scents which are usually stronger. This is a soft dreamy violet green leafy chypre. Gorgeous.

ana hen
ana hen

Gorgeous .

Sit with me,give a hug .you curly had smelling sweet pea ,lily of valley and maybe it just love.

I will make you tea and we just sit a little bit,watch sitcoms and talk with half of words cause you know me the best and sometime just no need to be verbal.

Close.elegant.clean.flowery but creamy.leather?.very very recommend it for any who love tenderness.

Germany
Germany

This is a weird one ,,,, it's very niche and natural.
You can smell the peas definitely and it smells very FIGGI there or slightly coco nutty ,,,, very WET and SALTY ,,,like the FOREST after a RAINFALL ,,,,, AMBERETTE seeds galore ! Odd ,,, I like it. It's fresh ,,, it's MUSKY and SEXY ,,,,,, NAKED !

Skin ,,,, salty skin !

Camping trip?

I am strangely drawn to it.

How is that for a rambling review ;)

ntabassum92
ntabassum92

This is a weird fragrance that I had to give another try. When you smell it in passing, it smells just like any other ozonic women's fragrance out there - but once you realize that it contains edamame, you can't help but smell the weird saltiness of it. I normally like perfumes that are a little strange, but I think the harsh ozonic elements to this fragrance really keep me from liking it. I think someone should do a warm edamame fragrance - this one is too cold.

GrandmaGaga
GrandmaGaga

Perhaps I am imagining it because it's listed but at the start I do kind of smell Edamame! That is one of the oddest fragrance notes I've come across?...what kind of imaginative mind it took to include that but somehow it works! I'm really picking up on the cedar in this, much like in ET's Violet Eyes....they may not be sisters but they're related somewhere in the family tree! It's nice but not unique enough to warrant the price for me.

I really thought I wouldn't like it, but surprisingly I think it's so interesting. It's light and feminine, but there's some bitter sharp floral note to it. Well, lily of the valley of course.
But it's still good, and not just good, intriguing in some way. It's strict, not flirty or sweet.
I can totally sense violet leaf and even some cashmirwood.
I agree with Clara14142' comment on this perfume.
It is a grown up scent, quite unusual for me to like and would be that interesting thing you would like to just try out for some time.

Rie60

I so agree with you Veronica- I can't keep this in my purse because it will be gone like THAT. This is such a beautiful scent,sensuous and exotic but also beautifully innocent- I am not usually a huge fan of violet but with the cedar combination it's just wonderful. I once had a woman do a "scuse me, pardon me" down a row during a FUNERAL to ask what I was wearing- yes, it will make people act THAT inappropriately.

Veronicajg123
Veronicajg123

i have to control myself with this one.. i love it so much i pretty much used the entirely of my 110 $ bottle in the first couple weeks! I also disagree with the review beneath me, men LOVE this when i wear it to work they tell me how amazing i smell. This scent really is so fresh yet comforting, and most importantly unique. i have over 100 high end perfumes but this really stands out to me. Only downside is expensive price tag and i cannot justify it because sure enough i read the ingredients- propylene glycol (antifreeze) so just try to spray on your clothes, not directly to skin.

clara14142
clara14142

If you wear perfume for the purpose of making men fall to their knees, cross eyed and drooling in your wake, B. Balenciaga is not for you. If you wear perfume for the purpose of evoking images of cupcakes and cotton candy from your passersby, B. Balenciaga is not for you. If you wear perfume to make a grand olfactory entrance the minute you enter the room, enveloping everything within a three foot radius in a cloud of smell, B. Balenciaga is not for you.

Why do you wear perfume? If it is it punctuate your being with the presence of something that visual aesthetics cannot, then you may like B. Balenciaga. I say "punctuate," because this perfume does just that--it calls attention to structure and form. It does not gild, it does not endow, nor does it comfort. It's not curvy or voluptuous or amenable. And for the multi-dimensional nature of the scent, it is also quite straight forward: it just smells good. It doesn't bring to mind any one thing in particular. It just smells good.

This perfume doesn't try too hard (the bottle does a little, perhaps). It is completely assured of itself, and doesn't need to evoke bonbons, or succulent, juicy fruits, or crystal this or that, or steaming, glittering nights, to prove itself. It doesn't resort to crowd pleasing, either. I myself love that glittery, sparkling, glamorous stuff, when the mood is right, of course. But I love the unusual, hard to pin down beauty of this one, too.

joiroy
joiroy

Ah, another perfume that is guaranteed to be discontinued because I love it so. It's green/violet and cedary and so abstract smelling. It's not ladylike, but it's not unfeminine. I love it for summer, but would definitely ease back in the cooler months. It's more of a botanical than a floral fragrance - very unique and not something I smell on others, like, ever.

Nobrainer22tx
Nobrainer22tx

I love love love love this. Anythzing with cedar is a go in my book! It's such a unique scent. It's got a bit of of this and that, a little woodiness, a little floral sweetness, a little green freshness, oh my it's wonderful & intoxicating. Cedar cedar cedar. If you don't like cedar then you may not like it. I am pretty sensitive to cedar, I can pick it up very easily and to me that's what I smell most here. I'm addicted to cedar like crack. But I think that's just my nose. I was at work (I'm a nurse) and when I got up to the unit I smelled this intoxicating smell immediately. I stopped everything to track it down. Another nurse was wearing it and I just had to have it. No one else seemed to pick up on it from so far away like me, they had to get her to raise her wrist to let them smell. I was like oh man, I smelled you from down the hall! Cedar!! I'm telling ya, I'm sensitive to it.

Lali_7
Lali_7

Oh there is a vegetable in this mix! Looking at the pyramid I see that there's no vegetable, but there is something bitter and unpleasant thrown in, and I don't have such refined sense of smell to pinpoint what it is exactly. It's like having a bouquet of flowers with broccoli in the middle. Why not, but it's weird.
It smells to me like Light Blue with a sweeter flower and the stinky note that is very hard to describe.
B.Balenciaga is sharp, fresh, and sweet in a way, and it would be actually quite pleasant if it wasn't for that one note I notice the most unfortunately.

Belleblue
Belleblue

I just discovered this fragrance today...I am bemused by the many different ways this fragrance is described in review , a few agree on its "green" tones but overall it seems to be quite different depending on who is wearing it....for me it goes on rather heady, no green at all but floral and something else I cannot quite name....then becomes rich and softly woody..the dry down is sweet and almost vanilla soft.....good longevity, 6 hrs in and I can still smell it on my wrist....lovely and a bit different from all the LVB "clones" , beautiful structure.I picked up the roller ball to trial, but am going back to Sephora for my bottle!

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

This is very green, very sharp and very strong. The kind of woman who wears this isn't afraid of making an impression. I prefer to make a slightly less earthy impression.

Migalex
Migalex

Very woody. Smells to me very much like Crystal Noir and Montana 80 in the opening, but after a while is just disappears.

maltatude
maltatude

Oh I adore this! There is something reminiscent of the 80s in this fragrance. I want to say Poison but that is a risk because Poison is very strong whereas this is delicate and fascinating. It is sweet on my skin and oriental, interestingly it's not sharp or green on me - I get sweet florals and a lovely sweet soft wood wafting through. This is beautifully balanced and composed and both interesting in its moderness (in that it isn't a clone of something that's been done 100 times) but it has a timeless, elegant quality to it. I feel there is control with this one - you get to decide if you want more or less, this is a beautiful skin scent. I am definitely buying this for my collection. Bravo.

Edit: the dry down is Roses Musk by Montale. In between first spray and dry down is the watermelon. Ingenious. I am so impressed by how much happens with this, yet it doesn't scream loud or horrid or anything. It's very clever

sugarlemon
sugarlemon

this. is. BEAUTIFUL!!! It's unlike anything I've ever smelled before, and smells like a picnic with watermelon and...pepper. WEIRD sounding, I know, but holy cow this is a fragrance to love. If you love a more conventional perfume, this is not really for you. It's earthy, but not pungent, sweet, but not saccharine, deep, but not musky, herbal, but not astringent. Just a wonderful, smooth, amazing chich modern scent. Great for someone that is used to essential oils and wants to switch over to perfumes, someone that wants a perfume that doesn't smell like anything anybody else is wearing, or that is just kind of generally rebellious and has an edgy style. LOVE!!!

spoombung
spoombung

This is quite simply the best feminine fragrance I've come across in years - cool, violet leaf and a refreshing green, dewy vibe with Lily of the Valley reminiscent of the way Dior construct their perfumes; it reminds me slightly of the lighter elements in the Fahrenheit mix.

I've bought this for my partner, she loves it and now I can't stop sniffing her.

Highly recommended.

georgetaylor
georgetaylor

I got a 4 mL vial of this for sample. If you aren't a fan of pine-smelling perfume, beware: this one smells like a Christmas tree. It's really fresh, beautiful, lush, fragrant pine, to my nose, but that is not for me at all! If you like that kind of thing, this is a great one!

walking44
walking44

Smells like phylosikos with the coconut and fig smell. It actually smells better. Cleaner, smoother, and less harsh. It starts off green like some apricot and it stays faint. A little bit like womanity.

mayberry
mayberry

I thought this was unisex. It smells very masculine. I get peppery, watery, herbal coconut. Its very clean. A guy could easily wear this.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Fresh and perfectly feminine at the same time -- a rare combination but this scent pulls it off with some very unusual notes. Perhaps the odd notes are part of its charm but I found this one wearable for work or daytime formal events in spring and summer. The violet leaves add a bit of powdery formality to the scent that I think makes it a more serious scent, but light enough to not be too serious or cloying. Lasts about three hours (sadly), light to medium sillage -- gets stronger in the heat.

Rie60

My new love- Im a fiend for cedar when its done feminine, and orris root when its not overpowering the this has both.The violet gives it some salt, so it not hyper girly- I love this...

Undra
Undra

I got so carried away when buying this perfume although I must admit it has an incredible scent. I'm disappointed because its a very expensive perfume and it does not lasy long. I definitely would not purchase again.

Nice, but also a bit strange. It must be the pea. Woody trail is very noticeable too.

drelovesit
drelovesit

This fragrance is in my top 5. So unique and perfect for spring and summer!

catrin.kjellstrom
catrin.kjellstrom

I really love this one. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and cant stop smelling myself. Now I realise it reminds me of another perfume I used to wear 10 years ago - Gucci Eau de Parfum II. It also smells a bit like my signature Eclat d’Arpège Lanvin but more heavy and long lasting. My new favorite and probably my new signature.

Tovah
Tovah

Wow - something so right goes so wrong on me... I love Balenciaga Florabotanica...really love it, so I'm eager to try new Balenciagas. I have a sample bottle of B, and I've checked and re-checked 3x to assure myself that I've tested the same scent being written about here. To me this smells like a bowl of discarded edamame pods floating in room-temperature oolong tea. It actually repulses me. I guess B. is somewhat along the lines of Bvlgari Au the Vert, but B. is damp and musky, rather than invigorating. It also reminds me a bit of Rosabotanica, without the cool mint feel. Don't get me wrong, I think B. is a high quality, masterful formulation, it's just not my cup of tea (get it?)

margarita.angelova
margarita.angelova

The woody twin brother of Light Blue by D&G and Eclat d'Arpege by Lanvin.
For something brought out last year, it's so odd to me that they release the same fragrance over and over again. I don't understand. It's such a waste of good effort.

the_new_esta

Had to recently review my tastes after a friend told me I smelt like a lumber jack wearing Dior Dolce Vita. This was a perfect transition - it's quite citrusy on me luckily with the woods as a base but not really detectable. A nice alternative to D&G light blue.

Adrien02
Adrien02

It is nice to see the cedarwood appears during the initial spray and is neither overwhelming the floral nor being underwhelmed by a lush, heady bouquet. This strikes a nice, aromatically floral balance cushioned on a bed of soft woods. Suitable for spring thru fall. Crisp without being too sharp. Almost linear in its entire scope but pleasantly so. Morphs into a softer version of itself without losing its identity. Wonderfully made.

Kbt71
Kbt71

I personally love it. Its quite strong at first spray but soon you are left with the most wonderful fresh smell ever. Its my current favourite!
Sillage is ok but if you catch your clothes too bingo smell all day!
When i tried this in debenhams i knew i had to have it - although i need to wait to make sure it didnt give me a migraine.
I have always loved the smell of a man wearing christian dior Fahrenheit and this is the reason why i like this so much it has similar notes! Love love love. I feel this will be a forever eternal love affair for me!

Kristina25
Kristina25

I've been waiting for the young, modern and impossibly cool Alexander Wang to release a perfume and he hasn't disappointed! If you're familiar with his designs then this will make sense to you. It's clean, woodsy, soft and I agree with Gamme82 - it reminds me of aromatherapy.

It reminds me of something a very stylish Japanese lady would wear while strolling around Paris. It has a rather androgynous quality to it but it doesn't detract from the feminine "perfumey" overall feel. l find it quite warm and reminiscent of fresh, fluffy hotel towels.

I get mainly Cashmere wood and edamame beans but it's very well blended and the notes make a very good marriage. If I were to describe it in one word it would be "chic".

anamalia
anamalia

i dont like this fragrance, smells very commercial and alot like kenzo flower in the air. it is sweet, and while the notes look fresh it is more of a sweet freshness. i thought it would have been more green and unisex but its very girly despite the cedar

the_new_esta

Finally - a fresh citrus blend balanced with expensive smelling floral and woody notes. It's uplifting for sure, but there's more to it than D&G light blue. Slightly more sweet, I feel like I just went through the 'daily wash' cycle with my clean white sheets :).

gamos
gamos

I was waiting for it for quite some time; having read different reviews, I was really curious what to make out of it.

When I first sprayed it on, it was, as many others have already said, very "green". I was not particullarly impressed especially when in the next few minutes I was thinking "it reminds me of...". In general, I think a perfume already loses out on uniqueness when it does remind you of another one. But after a while, an hour or so, it became mild, the freshness mingled with a musky kind of tone and it developed really beautifully on my skin. It definitely stays green all the way, it is not unusual or edgy, but a well composed everyday fragrance which took me on board. I've got it now.

dkny27
dkny27

Extremely happy I decided to hold off and just sample this....
No doubt, it is a beautiful, clean, green, bright fragrance and it actually had me at hello... But once it started to dry down, within an hour this definitely dwindled down reminiscent of SheWood... Which I already own..
Love the bottle and love the opening but if you have SheWood, this would be a very close dupe....
Otherwise, this is a very appropriate springtime, almost unisex scent with a crisp woody base....

gamme82
gamme82

Sooo!! This is really aromatic, it reminds me of SPAs and sauna. Kind of a scent to wear if you are in no mood for something speciel or remarcable. To be compared with Calyx, Biotherm The pick me ups, and Shiseido energetic, those kind of fragrances. IMO good and wellblended for what its worth, just aromatherapy.

kanashimiblue
kanashimiblue

It smells like shampoo. Very clean, soft, woody musk, very wearable. Reminds me of the drydown of Jo Malone's Wood Sage and Sea Salt, without the added salt.

prettyswag

@HIGHMAT....its suppose to be soft..and maybe boring..but this is a scent for hot dry summer heat and when your at an event with lots of ppl in a small area and its 102 deg.. do you want to have on dior edp pure parfum or this soft clean scent..lol..just saying, plus you have to like green woody scents with good chemistry to pull the greatness of this scent out and I do that so well.

prettyswag

YUM! I been wearing this all this week ..and its such a fresh lingering scent and this wears well on me and I don't trip on how the bottle looks on any scent..its the juice I like. This does not smell cheap at all, I got so many compliments and it gets hot where I live so this is perfect for the heat coming soon. One scent that's cheap to me is : "Dolce" BY dolce gabbana. THIS is much better and has sexiness. dolce is generic and smells cheap floral. This smells soft but not cheap .

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Sampled this one today. I must say I am a bit dissapointed. The beginning and first hour it reminds me a lot of the first Balenciaga Paris perfume. Not a bad thing, but I'd expected something more outstanding.
It dries down to a dewy, grassy fresh smell. It is very well blended and round - no sharp edges.
I don't think I will buy this. First of all do I find it extremely expensive. Second, I don't think it is something special, new, unique or anything. It is very nice and beautiful, but it smells like so many other fragrances, that has the grassy, fresh, French, understated, discrete scent, such as other Balenciagas, Zarkoperfume, Christian Dior and so on.
And the bottle is not so pretty in real life - a bit cheap in my opinion.

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

Im not sure what to say about B. They rave about it at Sephora. I hear the workesd saying "OMG IT SMELLS SO GOOD". So I smelled it and just like I figured, it's another crowd pleaser. Its like dewy grass, that's pretty much it. It's
nice and all that, don't get me wrong but it just dosen'tv drive me insane and I don't think that it's worth it's price tag.

prettyswag

Finally got a bottle of this and its so fresh and spring on me! Wears well, its green on me and the woods are nice and soft , not rancid woody like a mens burnt shave cream, but earthy clean , which makes this a tranquil fresh femme soft scent and it becomes you after a relaxing shower on a breezy sunny day and your hair is freshly cut and nails freshly manicured ready for a early start in your day. Love! Its nice to have something soft in your collection to get a break from heavy sweet or spicy scents when spring ,summer arives...this it..b balenciaga! !

pingui
pingui

I have to politely disagree with all those that say this fragrance smells green which in my mind has a sharp quality; think freshly mown lawn. This is a soft fragrance. On my skin, I definitely get the pea which I liken to sugar snap peas as opposed to edamame as cited in the description. I also get powdery, soapy florals which are thankfully soft and balanced well by subtle woody undertones. This is not a fragrance that demands attention, yet a fragrance that is worn by someone who is already sure in their femininity and power. Once their object is secured then this fragrance is discovered as it wears close to the skin. As this fragrance has a soapy quality, the fragrance will probably be attributed to shampoo or detergent or something other than outright perfume.

prettyswag

I love this , light, fresh , green and clean woody..it is close to dg light blue, thats why i like it, dont care for the original balenciga scent..it was too sharp or something. This is soft clean ,great for hot weather and spring. I want a bottle.lol

kirtylou
kirtylou

This reminds me sooooooo much of Light Blue... probably the cedar notes. And I don't know why, but this smells really citrusy on me, like lemons and cedar. I get no pea, which would have been interesting. I like it, but I will stick with my sample bottle and probably won't purchase a full bottle.

metalgypsy
metalgypsy

Beautiful. Elegant. Feminine. I love B and only wish it had greater longevity and sillage. Otherwise, it is my favorite. Enchanting little potion of verdure and flora!

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I like this perfume, but on the other hand I have idea that I've smelled that thing before. On a drydown, it smell to me a cucumber and lily of the valley. I like zest-like sharpness and softness overall. It is different from Cristobal, like it was made from different houses. Not bad for spring.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

B. Balenciaga is an elegant mix of lily of the valley and violet leaf. I don't get edamame or pea per se, but the verdancy in B. Balenciaga doesn't feel sharp; instead, it's rather rounded like sweet pea does.

It's clean, but in a relative earthy way. Combined with the tartness of the lily of the valley, it conveys a sort of light galbanum, which makes me think of a very light version of Maison Martin Margiela Untitled.

Towards the late drydown, it becomes slightly more peppery with cedar, slightly more musky, and a faint rose-pear illusion as well. There is also a subtle sweetness throughout the whole development, keeping the fragrance from becoming too bitter or acrid.

The sillage is soft and the longevity is around 8 hours. B. Balenciaga is mostly green, elegant in an understated way, which fits well in the modern Balenciaga portfolio. However, it feels more vibrant in colour compared to previous entries. It's less edgy than I expected, but very wearable and enjoyable. I'd recommend it as a lovely crisp green fragrance.

Amour, Michele
Amour, Michele

I usually don't like perfumes this clean or simple. I'm usually drawn to perfumes from Guerlain. But, this really got to me and a big bottle from a gift set is now on my vanity :-) I spent almost an hour at Nordstrom trying to decide whether I'm getting duped by the top note monster- but I really like this. It smells really chic to me- Not chic in that perfect chignon, red lipstick-kinda way but very 2015 and beyond, young, cool-chic, the kind of person who wears white shirts that are a little bit wrinkled or perfectly crisp, co-ordinated with menswear inspired accents and black pumps. It's very sort of French fashion editor-ish, I think Emmanuelle Alt would be perfect.

shancasey
shancasey

I am into woody white florasl, and love the scent of this fragrance on my skin but - it seems to disappear in an instant. Does anyone have ideas for a similar fragrance with lasting power? I have the same issues with DKNY Delicious and the Tom Ford Rive D'Amber.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

What can I add that hasn't been said already? Let me start off with, I am a huge fan of Florabotanica and Rosabotanica and have to say that Balenciaga perfumes last forever and a day on my skin with fantastic sillage for some reason.I really get the quality kind of fragrance I pay for. For that reason alone, I will always buy Balenciaga.
This isn't nearly as beautiful as the Florabotanica line! Balenciaga seemed to launch this rather quickly after Rosabotanica too. Wore a spritz of this on my wrist, but all I got was green, sweet freshness with some musk. Florabotanica is a wild Spanish garden full of roses and mint and other exotic flowers, and this-is just a potted herb plant sitting on the windowsill.

Marie76
Marie76

This, to me, it's tart and ozonic, kínd of like The sharp tartness of my beloved Calyx, but in a cool, impersonal way. I didn't get weed (!) or The peas or anything like that. I did get melón and rose, which I gather it does 't even have...not for me, but it's an original, fresh and wearable scent and I do like the bottle.

primarycook
primarycook

They say it's green. They say it's woodsy, earthy, and fresh, but I'll say it like it is - it smells like pot, ganja, weed, good old marijuana. Seriously, it does and, yeah, I recognize that scent well. Took me back to my college days when someone would score a bag of good quality weed and we'd all inhale deeply from the bag and remark upon it's anticipated potency. No, I don't want to smell like this, and if I sniffed it on someone else, I'd be giving them the side eye. Don't be freshly wearing this and get pulled over for speeding! Your car will be searched for fresh baggage, haha! So, no, this one is not for me, although I could see someone wearing it for a laugh or to get people wondering. It's got an "interesting" factor to it. One final thing, I was disappointed to see and feel how cheap the bottle is in person. If nothing else, I think they could have done better with that.

pepperoniann
pepperoniann

If I were to choose a Disney princess that represents this fragrance it'd be Snow White. B is green, slightly sweet, fragile, innocent, and well-disciplined. It is a soft scent that stays close to skin and has rather poor longevity (i.e. it doesn't annoy people). It is feminine and presents a kind, friendly, approachable image.

But, if you're looking for a fragrance sweet like Ariel, earthy like Pocahontas, magical like Cinderella, mysterious like Jasmine... this bottle won't do. Asking whether it is a memorable scent is like asking whether Snow White is a memorable character -- to me it isn't, but it might be for someone else.

Since it's a very relaxing scent I like to keep the rollerball on my nightstand and put some on before I go to bed. Usually by the next morning I don't smell B anymore. No violet leaf, no orris, no wood.

At least I've had a good night sleep.

This is an updated review, and it isn't so positive .I agree with the former reviewer that for the price, I expected more, more of a statement scent, and in truth., it doesn't smell as nice as I thought it would!? The ambrette is the culprit for me, gives it a bit of a bitter edge..it is greenish, floral green, in the line of Florabotanica, same type of green floral, no sweetness, I just find it a bit harsh in the end..it is a cold classy scent, like Paris. better suited for spring than the cold of winter..longevity is not strong either, it doesn't open it much either...
I am not using it, and I doubt I will reach for it often..just not rounded enough, smooth enough. Pretty enough..kind of a let down for me...

Glmaourpuss
Glmaourpuss

Yes, this perfume is very "Fresh" and green smelling, however for such a high price point I expected more. I bought this one on a whim on the day it came out. Yes I am a little nuts when it comes to fragrance. I used it continually for about a month and noticed a few issues. The musk can be a bit of a turnoff when it starts to dry down. The lasting power is minimal, again a huge issue with such an expensive fragrance from such a reputable house. I do like the green notes and can see this perfume working well in the Summer. While I am more of a white flower, chyper type of girl I do enjoy a clean scent for daytime and work etc. I don't think I am going to keep B. I've been thinking of putting it up on ebay. Every time I look at it I feel a bit ripped off, I expected more for the price.

twillocks
twillocks

It is very fresh and green. So not me (green) but as a spur-of-the-moment I bought a roller ball of this fragrance. It does not smell so nice on my skin. If anyone is interested let me know, only used once.

stelladoro
stelladoro

A very earthy and green scent, it transported me instantly to spring and spading my flower beds, the bright crush of violet leaves as I set bulbs in the newly turned earth with its clean whiff of ozone. I can smell the sun warming the soil. To me, this is a comfort scent, bringing me to the solemn ritual of life, death and rebirth. My nose detects no lily-of-the-valley, which is usually the mark of death for any fragrance. The orris and cedar are in beautiful balance, creating that sun warmed earth scent. The unusual green note reminds me of the original formulation of Estee Lauder's 'Private Collection', different, but a beautiful green as well. Never say that there is nothing new under the sun!

Vesperal
Vesperal

Starts with a refreshing floral note, and while I know refreshing gets used a lot, this really makes me say "ahhh" when I first put it on. The cleanness of the florals helps it to transition nicely into crisp green notes, which remind me of walking through an evergreen forest on a snowy winter day. Even though pine isn't listed in the notes, that's definitely the main note I personally get from it. It's not a fake, Pine-Sol scent though; it's like fresh-cut trimmings for a Christmas wreath. That said, it's not so wintry or reminiscent of Christmas that you won't want to wear it during other times of the year - the lily and violet leaf make it appropriate for spring, and it would be cool and refreshing for a hot summer day as well. (You can kind of tell I really like it and will probably be wearing it all year myself!) Anyway, the pine then turns a bit minty, and finally the wood notes take over.

The only downside is that it doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. Sillage is moderate. I'm somewhat new to the fragrance world, and I'm already overwhelmed by the overabundance of fruit/patchouli combinations, so even for me it's a nice change from the usual.

antonpan
antonpan

This is by far the most pleasant and appealing fragrance in the Balenciaga line. It smells very similar to a masculine scent Carolina Herrera CH Men. A violet-y base with a pleasantly sweet lily-of-the-valley powderness. On skin extremely close to CH Men.

aqua76239
aqua76239

this is very nice green scent, that honestly doesn't smell like any other. Its tart and rather woodsy at the same time.
Initial spray will have very green fresh leafy notes, which after a while mellows into woods and touch of musk(even though musk is not supposed to be there).
Very nice. To me this is rather elegant scent that I think its suitable for all ages and occasions, and very different from anything else out there

Chloe_yyy
Chloe_yyy

the pea note stands out in the opening, adding a touch of green to the florals. a very simple yet elegant composition. Suitable for a young women. Not exactly what I have expected from the campaign image and the level of sophistication of the bottle. B is very close in character with Florabotanica.

Brian's Wee Sister
Brian's Wee Sister

Perfume is so evocative of people, places and times, and that in itself means you can often love a perfume you would never dream of wearing yourself. That's the case with me and Balenciaga. This is too powdery and "bouquet of flowers" for me. But my fabulous niece wears it, and so I consider it to be beautiful, like her.

Emmayunee
Emmayunee

Very unique, very classy. Its a soft peppery green scent, on me I'm getting a lot of the ammbrette, orris root and something very green which I can only assume is the yam leaf or the greenpea. Its such an airy scent, a nice skin scent. It reminds me of chilled pea soup....yummy and refreshing =)

Ilprofumo
Ilprofumo

Finesse in a bottle, unspoken elegance, timeless!
I like all Balenciaga perfumes but this one, "Balenciaga B" is simply a notch above the rest. Its been a long time since a perfume of this calibre. It joins other masterpieces like Bvlgari's Pour Femme, and Valentino's original perfume from the 80's. Thank you Mr. Wang.

Definitely worth waiting for although it is more quiet than I thought it would be!?
Green and fresh floral, some sweetness too, this is classy, feminine, stylish...truly Balenciaga with a modern twist. If I had to compare it, I would say Manifesto l' Eclat came to my mind, although they aren't so much alike, they share the same greenish sweetness...Eclat is overall stronger, more powdery, B is more subdued, more musky too..I find it suitable for all seasons, not so much outdoorsy as it has that elegant aura.
I personally love the bottle!! It isnt a sillage monster, nor is it weak...it keeps its green vibe in the drydown, with a hint of spiciness, or mintyness, must be the ambrette and/ or orris...very pleasant, beautiful unique creation!!
It is compared also to Rosabotanica, well in some way maybe, but I wasn't fond of Rosabotanica which is more old fashioned maybe, but I like B!!

Silences
Silences

Good for warmer weather, very green & fresh. Lovers of LOTV need to check this one out. The edamame that everyone is talking about just makes it smell fresh and green in a very outdoorsy natural way. The bottle is disappointing in person, it seems like cheap plastic. Longevity was not that great, sillage was moderate.

almarie
almarie

They had a rollerball of this at my job (Lord & Taylor) so I purchase it because it is truly amazing! I cannot wait until they get the large bottle of this because this is such a classy sophisticated scent! I cannot even describe how beautiful this is- just try it if you can, you won't be disappointed!

chanceuxlilas
chanceuxlilas

I work in fragrance sales and had training on this fragrance but am not compensated by the brand in any form (monetary or gratis). What can I say--classy, amazing, suitable for all seasons--as expected from Balenciaga. I would like to make a correction to the note list it's not pea but edamame that was used to create this fragrance.

Sherihan
Sherihan

The notes looks nice to me,I'm expecting a classy juice. I care firstly about the liquid inside,I don't usually get fooled by any picture/bottle/campaign/slogan mixture. I will try it though I find the bottle masculine and sharp,but at least it gives som uniqueness.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Balenciaga B. Balenciaga fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Balenciaga B. Balenciaga, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify B. Balenciaga by Balenciaga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of B. Balenciaga by Balenciaga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.