Designers » B » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Balenciaga Paris l'Edition Mer Balenciaga for women
dislike

marine
savory

Balenciaga presents Balenciaga Paris l'Edition Mer, a new version of the original Balenciaga Paris fragrance from 2008. L'Edition Reflets was launched in 2014, while the new l'Edition Mer comes out at the beginning of 2015. The collection also contains fragrances L'Essence from 2011 and L'Eau Rose from 2013.

Inspired by the deep ocean, this fresh and luxurious new fragrance opens with invigorating accords of bergamot, yuzu and green shiso leaf. The heart of wet lily of the valley and seashore accord is placed on the base of dry woods, sandalwood and seashell accord.

The bottle design is inspired by the reflective water surface and the glow of pearls. Its glass bottle transmits different shades of teal. The fragrance is available as 75 ml Eau de Parfum.

Bergamot Yuzu Shiso

Sea Notes Lily-of-the-Valley

Sandalwood Woody Notes Seashells

L'Eau par Kenzo

Balenciaga Paris l'Edition Mer Fragrance Reviews

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

A while back I received this lighthearted fragrance in a swap and must confess that the bottle alone is worth owning!
Having worn my fair share of floral, aquatic scents this is no groundbreaker but if you're
a fan of Balenciaga and their genre of fragrances it's a win win.
If you would like to find yourself on a windswept beach, my bottle in its box and barely used
Is up for swap so PM me if you are in a beachy mood!

Babygia
Babygia

Very short review for a very unnecessary flanker. Nice bottle and nothing else about it.
Mediocre,forgettable, bad longevity.
You can compare it to L`eau par Kenzo, but Kenzo is thousand time better.
Has nothing to do with Balenciaga Paris.
Much ado about nothing.

This edition is nothing new to me because I feel like I've smelt this before but it is very nice and breezy. Mildly salty air and marine/ seashell accord are forefront. Lily of the Valley fellows closely while everything else is just trailing behind. A hint of L'Essence is evident too. This perfume is simply nice for a perfect beach getaway.

I really like that perfume!! It makes me think of the powerful waves of the ocean ,of the smell left after summer, when the beach is empty, scent of wetness,, it isn't like summery, it doesn't make me think of the hot tropical beach, it is truly aquatic, like could be a Japanese pond, it is like relaxingly pretty, the shiso leaf gives it a fresh green vibe, but the overall tone is fresh and pretty...to me my favorite Balenciaga, perfect for spring...
The idea is lush and green!! Lovely!!!
I am getting lots of compliments on it!!

twig117
twig117

This perfume perfectly captures a stroll on the beach in 75 degree weather. It's not too sunny, and there's just a light salty breeze from the sea. The top notes of bergamot and yuzu creates a refreshing opening, but on me it quickly dissipates into the salty marine/seashell notes. The saltiness isn't like TM Womanity's saltiness, but rather a salty sea breeze. This smells like freshly washed linen (probably from the lily of the valley) that was left out to dry in the beach air.

blacklibran1
blacklibran1

Yup just got this at Marshalls for $40.00 bucks. Son random that it just came out and it already at discounters. Also it's at a fraction of the piece that you would buy it for at Neimans. Talk about the come up on a gem. Smells aquatic and so good . Loooooove

scentlamb
scentlamb

Just grabbed a bottle of this for $32 at T.J.Maxx today! Can't wait to try it as I love the original Paris and L'Essence! Review will follow soon. ♡

Nice, very light scent, like a fresh breeze over lily-of-the-valley field. Surely it is a summery scent. Now it seems to be too delicate, because early spring weather is rather cold here. I have to retest it in summer.
Love the bottle color!

netcat
netcat

I'm having a "must have this bottle, contents optional" moment here.

In other news, I'm surprised both that a seashell extract exists and that it has been used in so few perfumes. That alone seems to make this a novelty worth at least a try.

On the other hand, I'm confused at what lily-of-the-valley has anything to do with deep ocean or indeed, a seashell littered shore. To the best of my knowledge, these flowers would never grow in such conditions. Although, perhaps you picked them on your way to the beach...

matty64
matty64

I received a complimentary sample of this from NM and it's a soft floral scent with a touch of aquatic and sensual woodsy dry down.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris l'Edition Mer fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris l'Edition Mer, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Balenciaga Paris l'Edition Mer by Balenciaga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Balenciaga Paris l'Edition Mer by Balenciaga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.