Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

Balenciaga Pour Homme Balenciaga for men

Balenciaga Pour Homme Balenciaga for men
dislike

cinnamon
Balenciaga Pour Homme Balenciaga for men Pictures Balenciaga Pour Homme Balenciaga for men Pictures Balenciaga Pour Homme Balenciaga for men Pictures

Balenciaga Pour Homme by Balenciaga is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Balenciaga Pour Homme was launched in 1990. The nose behind this fragrance is Gerard Anthony. Top notes are coriander, bergamot, laurels, cardamom, cinnamon, galbanum, pepper and thyme; middle notes are cedar, patchouli, sandalwood and cypress; base notes are oakmoss, musk, vanilla, honey and labdanum.

Coriander Bergamot Laurels Cardamom Cinnamon Galbanum Pepper Thyme

Cedar Patchouli Sandalwood Cypress

Oakmoss Musk Vanilla Honey Labdanum

Furyo

Balenciaga Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

guidance101
guidance101

I hate this fragrance it was a blind buy and one from youtube reviews and to my nose it does not smell good and it's just too strong and overpowering too. Maybe my nose senses has not yet matured but all in all I can say this is not for me.
I have a 30ml in a box and sprayed twice so if anyone interested in purchasing then I am selling it.
Located in the UK

ScentedRomeo
ScentedRomeo

This masterpiece created by perfumer Gerard Anthony from 1990 was one of the very first fragrances that featured Oud as a note in perfumery outside of Asia and the Middle East, I'm also betting it's the genuine Oud that was used and not the synthetic kind. It's so hard to come by for a full bottle these days(usually only minis online) and if you were to get a full bottle, you'd have to pay a good mint for it.
I use the bottle that I have sparingly because I intend to make it last for a long time. This reminds me of Salvador Dali PH & Azzaro PH vintages, but this is more complex, resinous & animalic but the core of the drydown is just beautiful with Longevity & Sillage/projection beast mode on my skin.
They don't make 'em like this anymore, and you notice when you smell this that the ingredients used were top quality, the oakmoss, sandalwood & animalic nuance of Oud is well-rounded and smooth. The bottle is so 90's (lol) but regardless it doesn't feel cheap though.
If you're a vintage fragrance collector this gem is for sure one to have in your collection.

Masterpeice 10/10

reveillee
reveillee

Not much to add except that I don't find this dated at all and I believe it to be a MASTERPIECE.
Thank you Balenciaga!

majecatracho
majecatracho

The opening for this reminds me so much of chanel egoiste, that sharp cinnamon smell transforms to a soft toasted cinnamon,honey and cedar scent. i love this stuff, doesnt smell like the soft, weak scents o today.a true spicebomb. glad i got another bottle because soon this will go for ridiculously expensive prices.

ZELJO

had two small 30 ml bottles.luckily enough yesterday I got a 100 mls bottle,yayyyyy

Xanovia
Xanovia

According to Michael Edwards in "How the West Fell in Love with Oud" this is the first fragrance in the west that used Oud. Below is the note brake down that he provided for this fragrance and I feel it is much more accurate then the one provided above from what I smell in this fragrance.

Top Notes:
Bergamot, Laurel, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Galbanum, Coriander, Pepper, Thyme

Middle Notes:
Cedarwood, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cypress

Base Notes:
Oakmoss, Cistus labdanum, Musk, Vanilla, Honey

The opening of this fragrance is VERY early 90s/late 80s and in your face and I am really not a fan of it... It almost smells feminine at first and there is so much just thrown at you and you can't tell what in the hell is going on... BUT... And that is a big BUT... If you can last through the first 30 minutes to an hour you are in for a treat... Lots of high quality sandalwood, oakmoss, slightly dirty patchouli and an oud note that is reminiscent of the oud I smell in my vintage bottle of M7 from 2003... It is undoubtedly very masculine but still has a powdery ambery feeling from the labdanum and vanilla...

This fragrance has long been discontinued and has many high quality ingredients in it that obviously are no longer permitted in commercial perfumery... It does have a bit of a 'dated' feel but that does not make it 'old manish' in the slight... If you can acquire a bottle of this at a reasonable price do yourself a favor and pick it up as it truly is a masterpiece...
---
Edit: The notes on this site now reflect the list I provided minus the oud... Could we possibly get the oud listed in the notes as well???

According to Michael Edwards in "How the West Fell in Love with Oud" this is the first fragrance in the west that used Oud. Below is the note brake down that he provided for this fragrance and I feel it is must more accurate then the one provided above from what I smell in this fragrance.

Top Notes:
Bergamot, Laurel, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Galbanum, Coriander, Pepper, Thyme

Middle Notes:
Cedarwood, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cypress

Base Notes:
Oakmoss, Cistus labdanum, Musk, Vanilla, Honey

shamus1

I'm surprised at all the comments about this being a classy, tuxedo-like scent. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE this frag, but when I think of class in a bottle, I'm thinking of something much subtler and quieter than this. I find BPH to be brutally strong and powerful. I think of this as more of an open shirt, gold chains, macho, etc. type of frag, or something you wear when you want to make a statement.

grug
grug

It's insane that this was released in 1990. It smells like it came from the 60's or 70's. It fits perfectly between the powdery orientals like habit rouge, the powerhouses like kouros and the leather chypres like aramis like an evolutionary link. It's powdery, smoky, herbal, floral, balmy, spicey and woody all at once. It's definitely a mature scent. The quality is incredible, making even early 90's vintage kouros feel two dimensional, and it screams class. I'm glad to own it, but unsure how often I'll wear it. Probably more for personal enjoyment. That said, the right person could certainly wear this daily. Still shocked this was released when it was.

numcks
numcks

Perhaps the absolute pinnacle of the aromatic fougere. Certainly a challenge to Azzaro PH in this regard. More complex, bright, and mossy than Azzaro, with prominent savory lime notes infused with cinnamon, thyme, coriander, and incense and softened with a floral/caramelic touch of sweetness. The base to me is about boozy oakmoss with some camphorous patchouli and woods (sandal and cedar.) Powerful, persistent perfection.

the_badger
the_badger

This is like Kouros mixed with whiskey and clove, it's that simple, still wearable though. And I can't believe there are so many notes listed, it's not that complex.

Update. Have been wearing this more and more. While wearing it one day and after 2 hours, I had the impression I was wearing M7 or Oud Wood. There is definitely oud somewhere buried under the sheets.

thelioness1975
thelioness1975

According "How the West fell in love with Oud" (searchable on the net) Balenciaga pour Homme is the first scent to contain pure Oud oils. Anecdotes apart, it's one of the best resinous, amber-and-incense fragrances, apparently mixed up in a foolish way with fresh notes of citrus and bergamot. The result is a superb oriental scent for men, with definitely some resemblances with "Kouros" by YSL. Longevity and sillage both very high.
The mix of citrus with oud make it a very uncommon type of perfume, still an excellent one. This is an example of "modernism" in perfumery. Mandatory for all open-mind fragrance lovers.

cool_sparkling_water
cool_sparkling_water

This is SO GOOD. One of the best boozy notes I've tried, it smells of spicy fruity, almost syrupy, delicious and something you'd want to drink. It brings to mind some holiday associations for some reason, perhaps from the spices (orange/cinnamon, vanilla/clove?).

In the backdrop is a masculine type musk and strong and elegant woody, incense and smokey scent, really nice.

I have a visual of an expensive 1980's holiday party with cigars, booze, simmering cider, and elegant 80's cologne.

A very interesting and complex scent. Damn, I really like this.

VolDeNuit37
VolDeNuit37

Do you know the word "mesmerizing"?
Balenciaga pour Homme got me completely.
It has top notes that reveal citruses, incense with a soft spicy touch these lead to the Warm and Mossy base notes ruled by Amber,Okamoss and Vetiver as it has a lot of hidden notes that seems to come out at different stages. a sort of Kaleidoscope scent.
Being strong, almost overpowering, BpH is a must try. Heaven in a Bottle.
Sillage? Enormous
Longevity? Endless.
In a word? Mesmerizing.

monsieurcarven
monsieurcarven

I tried Balenciaga pour Homme after reading Michael Edwards' statements about "The first Western perfume containing real Oud", and I was really blown away by this unknown gem.
Straight to the core: this is one of the Masterpieces of Perfumery. There is not a single aspect you can't remain with your jaw dropped. I can't say if this is the first time Oud was used in a western scent, nonetheless the incense, resinous notes are really outstanding in the drydown. Pure heaven. Citrus and floral notes superbly mixed with incense ones, and a whole bunch of heart notes blooming in. Refined, elegant, brilliant.
There is a vague resembrance with YSL Kouros, without dirty urinous notes, replaced by incense and oud. Speechless. Mouthwatering. Stunning. Longevity and radiation at highest levels. Don't exaggerate with over-applications!
I have ended all praises, 10/10 isn't enough, this scent deserves at least 11/10.

michael.j
michael.j

Just got a vintage bottle. Stunned at how beautiful and sophisticated this is. Amazed by its historicity but also its timelessness. The bottle is hideously dated, but who cares when the stuff inside is this beautiful. Boozy, but not sweet. Insanely suave without being lothario juice. I have been looking for something this good for decades. I remember how captivated I was as a youth by the big, bold scents of Lapidus, YSL, Smalto, Jean-Marc Sinan, Bogart, etc. Most of those are either gone or reformulated into mere shadows of their former selves. If they are still around, my more educated adult nose can't take the brutishness of them like my young nose could. Balenciaga Pour Homme has allowed me to re-experience this olfactory epoch in a way I no longer thought possible. It is so beautiful to my snobby, contemporary, niche nose, yet it is firmly rooted in its era. I could see Roja Dove trying to do this one today, but probably overdoing it. And I could also see Byredo trying do this in an ironic, hipster way, but probably underdoing it. I think Alessandro Gualtieri could do something like this. I mention this to illustrate how particular and historically situated (and difficult) the vocabulary of Balenciaga Pour Homme is. It's a spectacular olfactory chronotope (to borrow a term from Bakhtin). I love the rich, heady, intoxicating mixture of incense and patchouli set against hints of cinnamon and exquisitely tanned leather.

fumeguy
fumeguy

For people who are still looking at this, it is available on ebay under scented money and the price is great as well ..

jfrater
jfrater

This is simply outstanding. It blows Patou Pour Homme out of the water and definitely rates in my top 5 of all time (for all genders!)

This is an incredibly distinctive and classy scent. It is timeless. I was so blown away that I rushed to eBay and bought six of the biggest bottles I could find in case there is a drought in the vintage market in future!

You absolutely must own a bottle of this perfume. A true work of art.

ZELJO

its a shame this gorgeous fragance isnt available anymore,real old school, its from 1990 but reminds more to the 50s with its wonderful bottle of white stone, class ,style,guess old billonaires smells like this edt does

IngSoc274
IngSoc274

Old school scent, lasts long, this cologne previously sold at Marshall's for $15 for 100ml and now it's $75 for a 100ml. Very different than Kouros or Lapidus.

Dominant beginning is lime, supporting beneath the lime is rosé and softer intense. Lime backs down after one hour but doesn't disappear. This cologne is very emotionally temperamental, and is effected by temperature, sunrise / sunsets, fine Indian cuisine, music, polemics, politics, religion and fluctuations in the stock market.

[ At this point most of you kids should stop reading and return to Facebook.]

Little boys would appear silly wearing this. Better for men above age 40. Would use this in a formal setting but never to the gym.

It doesn't smell quite like Aramas but feels serious like Aramas. Scent has a serious, thoughtful vibration.

Point of Reference:
Aramis, as I see it, would be perfect for a polite gentleman wearing a sport coat drinking Scotch whiskey. Balenciaga pour homme (as i see it) would be appropriate for a similar kind of man but this man is also willing to smoke tobacco, enjoy a beer, and eat pizza with his hands rather than utensils.

Full Disclosure:
My wife is away on business this week and I haven't changed my underwear for three days. I guess I have something in common with you teenage boys after all.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Kouros,Yatagan and Lapidus? These 3 are huge dislikes for me. I don't see much of resemblance in any of them to this. It is similar to 12 by Jean Courtier but softer. It projects likes a beast for the 1st 2 hours then it mellows out to a beautifully driven patch dominant scent. Some warm spices keep it inviting and not too old school. I don't detect any fruity or any of the sweet notes but I do like this. A great masculine scent that can be worn by the new generation of frag heads. Most likely if you like Mr. Blass I think you will like this which has the same theme of super masculine scents for the younger generation.

schamberae
schamberae

This is the smell of Godfather, Marlon Brando.

magicnose
magicnose

Everything folks have said below is on the button. This is amazing. I bought a 30ml bottle from a seller in Singapore and I am loving it. Having never smelled Lapidus I can only describe this as Kouros-lite with less urinal cake and more incense. As soon as I sprayed it I was reminded of a rather similar modern niche fragrance which features honey and incense. Of course - it is reminiscent of Francis Kurdjian Absolut Pour Le Soir without the skank. But at a fraction of the price!

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

Not much more to add to the good reviews of this Spanish gem than to note that it is quite a classy number in the style of Kouros and Lapidus Homme, but more grown up, pleasing, powerful and somewhat reserved at the same time.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Balenciaga pour Homme is like those movie stars which end their life wasted in misery, that make you think "what a lost chance". The opening is fantastic, a unique and avantgarde cornucopia of patchouli, tobacco, incense, herbal notes, soapy flowers (a realistic, dry soap, like Marseille' soap), dense resinous-caramel notes, rose, carnation, something boozy and animalic on the base (like civet or styrax), then vanilla. Really complex, dusty and masculine but also much sweet and plushy, even fresh in its peculiar way, a colourful breeze perfectly mixed with the base darkness of earthy-animalic notes. The incense note is woody and dusty (on the cedar side), beautifully enriched by spicy-resinous notes. In short a really peculiar, modern, vibrant opening, miles away from most of the clichés of masculine scents back then – less austere and dark than Italian fougères, more playful and warm than the classic Frenchies, a unique take on men's scent. But... "not everything turns out as it should". After a short span of time (within the first hour) it already starts "collapsing" here and there, it gets confused, becoming a messy soapy-spicy-resinous concoction, cloying and sweetish, with metallic and camphor nuances. It's like if all "good" notes were instantly replaced by their evil alter egos – or like if you accomplished a great painting and you pour alcohol on it by accident, and all colours melt and vanish away. A shame that makes this a discontinued scent we won't really miss.

5,5-6/10

cytherian
cytherian

Upon first spray, one would swear there was civet in this.

So the first thing that came to mind: Powdery Kouros. I hadn't looked at reviews prior to getting this and was not at all surprised to see Kouros is mentioned a few times. It does have this quality, but after about 30~45 mins the "civet" simulation fades leaving a warm slightly spicy patchouli-leather-lavender accord. Rather nice.

This may have been crafted in the 1990's, but its soul in the 80's. Still, it has modern qualities to it as well. The flacon is really old school, the white glass and turquoise cap giving an older Mediterranean feel. I'd seen rumors back in 2011 of it being discontinued. Was it ended and then it returned? There doesn't appear to be a shortage of inventory these days. And with all of the heavier IFRA restrictions that have followed, I wonder if there ever has been a reformulation.

Initially I did detect some qualities that are shared with Ho Hang Club, but into the dry down they diverge rather prominently. Worthwhile to own both.

Either way, if you want a classic men's fragrance that flirts with the past but has one foot in recent times, this is a great candidate. A wonderful complex concoction that will entertain your nostrils for hours. :-) 30ml bottles abound and you can even get it at FragranceNet.

jude1321
jude1321

I like this juice, very powerful sexy scent that reminds me of Ungaro III and L'anarchiste, two of my all time favorites. I do think it is a bit overpriced and nowhere near as good as the legend Kouros. I give this stuff a solid B+, because it is fascinating to me and solidly sexy. Check Ebay to see if you can get it at a decent price, which is around $100 for a 3.3 oz bottle. FYI: like L'anarchiste, the bottle looks cool, but the sprayer is crap. Balenciaga sprayer breaks very easily and leakage is a problem, at least the bottle that I had.

AndreMoreau
AndreMoreau

Masterpiece.
Balenciaga pour Homme begins where Kouros ends; then flies, beyond the stars.
Rarely seen such a perfume.

nonsisa
nonsisa

It is a nice scent but a bit outdated.

Think of Kouros or Xeryus then you get an idea.

I'm not saying its bad because it isn't but for my tastes it is not contemporary enough. Also it is a little bit too soapy.

Nonetheless for patchouly lovers a must try I'd say.

RHONORAY

My bottle came, this stuff is great.Jack Hunter nailed it in his review. This is a pleasure to smell. Very, very very nice!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This is a magnificent fragrance that has a symphony of notes of the highest quality. It is a real beauty and a pleasure to smell.

It opens with the smoothest best quality incense I have smelled in a fragrance coupled with patchouli. This is backed up with citrus notes.From this opening it smells like a spicy apple cider aroma but in a really good way.

This is quickly followed by a sweet lavender note as well as cinnamon. As time passes you can pick up leather and floral notes all mixed in with the patchouli and incense in a olfactory smelling harmony.

I get a amazing sixteen hours longevity with above average projection. I have to say I have never smelled anything like this it is quite unequal.

Hand on my heart this is one of the very best high quality fragrances I have ever smelled. It's a pity that this was discontinued in the late Nineties as it is Magnificent.

A perfect 10 out of 10.

RHONORAY

I only had a sample, I'm not sure about the longevity yet, but this is freak'n beautiful. Softer than Yatagan and a much better drydown than Kouros, but in the same vein. BUT I own and love Bel Ami and that is tough to beat. ...Dec 2013

Couldn't resist bought a bottle Jan 2014

Chaz1
Chaz1

This is not the cristobal version. It's not written on any of the newer boxes. I would like to know if anyone knows the difference of the new version, vintage version and the cristobal version.
I do know, the one I purchased online recently is amongst the best in my collection. A+ masculine scent. A true bargain when factoring price to quality of scent. Very well done.

roseombre
roseombre

Milk of Incense.

Yes, concentrated sugary milk + olibanum.
More spicy step by step.

Divine. Nectar of Gods.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Amazing fragrance, it seems that takes a step at a time, comes the hint of citrus, green cloud, then lavender, then becomes spicy, cinnamon notable, I feel something rubberized along behind, touches gourmands, and ends by woody patchouli, and there prevails along the aroma vanillic benzoin and something light smoky by incense.
A walkthrough olfactory harmony!

My first wearing was from a dab sample, and it seemed like the opening was too strong and the drydown too weak. I recently obtained a small spray bottle and this time it seemed to have much more even projection. I think it is closest to Lapidus Pour Homme (1987), vintage only, but without the strong pineapple that the Lapidus has. This one is also smoother though a bit lighter. There is a very nice light musk with dry wood in the drydown, and it's a bit sweet. It reminds me of the drydown of a vintage "feminine" scent actually though I can't place it for sure (perhaps K de Krizia). This is yet another vintage scent that niche companies seem to want to create but are not capable of doing so for some reason, and instead create ham-fisted scents with poor balance and often an irritating quality.

NickE ReauX
NickE ReauX

I consider myself rich with intangible treasure because I still have half the large bottle of this incomparable masterpiece that I purchased the very week it first became available on the US west coast ...along with 2 of the deodorants ( which are still heavenly powerful as is the cologne ).. I still have it because this dizzying,almost overpowering scent was one that I just could not find many appropriate opportunities to wear.. most of my small trove I will wear as mood strikes me and damn the torpedoes..but not this plutonium in a very attractive bottle.. it just must be kept for dinner parties on Mt.Olympus and having sex out in a thunderstorm ..recently I gave in to panic buying and bought some minis ( which certainly look just like the ones I used to get in the original gift sets)and a small bottle online.. I admit to being afraid of opening Pandora's box and finding it full of flimflammery .. but even if the newbies turn out to be reasonable facsimiles I'll wear it..because that bottle from the last decade of the 20th century must be preserved until my final shuffle off the mortal coil..and i mean that literally..I'm saving enough to be liberally sprinkled when they slide me in the oven..I want no mourners as I burn one last time..just people I love saying " DAMN she smells good !"

kl99
kl99

When I sniffs a perfume I see pictures, usually of places, with Balenciaga pour home I see an ancient Grecian temple, or maybe a temple into another planet. Yes, I believe that it "tastes" like a shady ancient temple. I can see also a cemetery, those cemeteries with corridors where the body is located into "ovens". That's is confirmed not just by me, actually just yesterday I was wearing this marvellous creation of Balenciaga and a friend of mine said: "It smells like talc of(for) dead!" I must say it's true, the first half an hour I have in my mind a cemetery, or is better to say the waiting room of the defunct. I can't say why. Must be the mix of incense, the earthy patchouly, and the green note, like cut flowers and that remote rose, and the talced cinnamon, maybe. But it is faboulous is Talc & Rhubarb to me. Spiritual and Conforteable. Sensual, warm, with shadows.

A kaleidoscopic fragrance. What opens like a sopay, clean and sparkling fougere (lavender, citruses, bergamot), evolves with time into a woody oriental of great complexity and depth. Spicy, incensey and woody with subtle gorumandic facets and an overall balmy quality. Powerful yet not overwhelming, perfectly sized and distinctive. A very good masculine.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Do you like patchouli? Artemisia? Tonka? Sandalwood? Do brisk, musky fougeres like Kouros and Lauder and Lapidus Pour Homme send thrills of pleasure up and down your spine? Look no further than this beautiful ambery oriental by the fine house of Cristobal Balenciaga, their 1990 signature for men. Attach used-car sales flags to "vintage" 1 ounce and 4 ml bottles when you find them, in the interest of context - this particular spicy-incense bomb has been officially disavowed by its parent company for years, apparently never to return . . . until recently. This is how rumors are started, but there is a strange phenomenon taking place in recent months: Balenciaga Pour Homme is no longer impossible to find. Small bottles are readily available from online merchants, at reasonable prices, and I just stopped by my favorite brick and mortar, only to find fifteen minis, looking brand new, piled up on the sales counter. Weird.

Balenciaga is the finest usage of artemisia I have ever encountered in any fragrance, male or female, and it smells divine. There are truly magnificent, sweeping, broad-brush accords in this fragrance, from the fresh bergamot-lavender top, to the coriander-patchouli earthiness in the heart, to the sacred temple of incense, inexplicably (but successfully) hooked to a discreet tonka-vanillic sandalwood base, making this a near-perfect structure. What's more, it all fits together with loving attention to fine detail. Despite its full-bodied feel, Balenciaga is elegant, classy, fresh, yet dense, with an outdoorsy finesse reminiscent of Yatagan, Caron's famous wormwood chypre, but with more tension thanks to that lovely sweet ambery base. It doesn't get any better than this, although there are lateral moves that could be made from Balenciaga - YSL's Kouros still has the heft and the soul to match, and Lapidus goes even darker still. But fougeres play with airiness, while orientals need exoticism, and the magic of Balenciaga is that it has both. What do I have to do to get you into a bottle today?

liplop
liplop

Where those genuine perfumes gone?
Shame shame!

DOTMASTER
DOTMASTER

great masculine fragance, much class there

williamvargas
williamvargas

wow, i ordered a small spray to get a whiff of this cologne..gorgeous..is all i can say..how has this has escaped my nose for so long? wonderful masculine fragrance, does not smell dated to me, powerful at first, but then develops into a beautiful fragrance for a man to wear..i am planning on getting some more of this, a definite bottle worthy purchase.i am dissapointed i never knew about this one. my curiosity peaked after reading about it here. this is one of the best that i have smelled. i recommend getting some to try. this a signature type scent for someone to wear.i think more for a mature wearer, maybe over 30..it does smell fantastic enough for anyone to wear though. it is right up with the best known classic scents like patou por homme or something of that calibur..special sexy fragrance..two thumbs way up for me!!
just don't go too heavy with it , there is a blast at first...the small 1oz spray I got does not say cristobal Balenciaga, is this the same fragrance only reformulated or are they completely different?

shamus1

This was practically a signature scent for me when I first started getting into fragrances, back in 1993. I bought it because it was cheap. In 1993 you could find lots of 3.4 oz. bottles of this at Marshalls for $15. Turns out I loved it, and I wore it all the time. Too bad it's been discontinued, though I can't say I'm surprised.

Today's average consumer can't handle the intense power this fragrance unleashes from your skin. This is a big, nasty green patchouli and incense BOMB!!! Strong, in your face, aggressive, brutal, etc. all the superlatives commonly used to describe powerhouse style macho frags apply to this monster.

If you miss this one, try on Lapidus Pour Homme or Aubusson Homme for size. They're both similar to Balenciaga Pour Homme.

MY RATING: 9/10

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

bought this recently from an old lady in an old store...no it wasn't x-mas but it seemed like it...a bottle of 100 ml + one of 50 ml for 15 euro (19,6 usd) !! cos they were the last ones in her (old)store...I thanked her and said she was a keeper of tha good stuff and although she was over 80, she knew i was right and started a passionate story of the history of scents and her own little shop...now this story as such, equals the quality of the balenciaga smell...older, but full of quality,pleasure and dignity !! A classy granny selling a classy juice !!
R.e.s.p.e.c.t. !!(another old fashioned word)
;o)

bought some today...its one of my pricier frags. Im not bragging, its not my style, but sometimes there are things that you HAVE TO HAVE...and Ive wanted this fragrance for a long time.

Needless to say, you DO NOT wear this with flip flops and boarder shorts. It DEMANDS that you present your self with some fuckin' decorum, when you spray it on your person.

As far as Im concerned, this is just as relevant and classy, as all of the Creed fragrances.

ZELJO

Got a 30 ml bottle today, SO GLAD I did,elegant, rich, sophisticated, barroque...old days topclass...Balenciaga, in 1 word

annafrica
annafrica

a MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!
GEM!
something here needs to be cleared up:
Balenciaga pour homme
is NOT CRISTOBAL!!!
two different fragrances .
Balenciaga pour homme is a unique warm woody scent
which I am trying to locate everywhere!!!
The one in that classy white bottle with the blue top...
sorry to "give lectures" but there is a missunderstanding I am afraid(all items found are Cristobal not Balenciaga p homme)

rienzope

Post script: It's very similar to M7 by the end of the day, the woody incense notes fade and a sweet cherry note is left. M7 is very linear and doesn't change much from beginning to end, while this evolves all day. Very nice.

rienzope

This was a blind pick up based on the reviews I saw here. Amazing fragrance. Long lasting woody scent, smooth and spicy with sweet lavender. One of my favorites now. I agree with the reviews below.

ericrico
ericrico

This is truly amazing - Gerard Anthony has crafted a masterpiece...one that very few know about. I don't know if words can accurately describe the sensation of wearing Balenciaga Pour Homme, but it feels totally natural (nothing synthetic at all) and is absolutely so original. I have never smelled anything like it - ever! The feeling in my mind I got when I first spayed this was close to what happened when I applied Original Vintage Gucci Pour Homme - the masterpiece from 1976. It is that intuition that slams your brain within a few seconds of regathering your olfactory awareness. You are engulfed in something so incredible, you pause...for a while. Time stops. You don't hear anything - you close your eyes (for anything visual should be images your mind is creating from what you are smelling). Revelatory!

To try to put it into words - Balenciaga Pour Homme is like a fine porcelain cup filled to the brim, steaming with hot spiced apple cider, a cinnamon stick swirled into it and a caramel on the plate next to it. You are sitting on an expensive, smooth, hand-made leather sofa with a mixed bouquet of fresh cut flowers and greens beautifully arranged in an expensive vase on the table in front of you. From the other room, there is burning incense - but it doesn't overwhelm...it just adds a touch of ethereal beauty. No single note in this is overly-dominant...that is the eloquent harmony. The room has an expensive persian rug and hardwood floors - everything plays a part in the composition here. I was fully taken away by this to another place.

My rating - 10/10 - for scent, originality and quality. Excellent sillage and longevity as well. A masterpiece that does not have a time or can it ever be dated. It happened to be created in 1990, but it is as relevant and cutting-edge today as it was then. Is Salvador Dali's work dated in any way? No, it will leave you in awe each and every time you spend time trying to comprehend it. This is art in a bottle and it should be considered as such. To be adorned, not worn.

Grottola
Grottola

Balenciaga Pour Homme is one of the best masculine fragrances I've ever smelled. It's a powerhouse and it's not offensive or urinous at all. From the beginning to the end, I get cinnamon, incense, aldehydes, a lot of patchouli, and some warm fruity boozy leather to balance it out. This is definitely one of the most unique fragrances I've smelled, as well. I can't exactly think of a fragrance that is similar per se, but the overall "feel" reminds me of Donna Karan's original Fuel for Men, along with hints of Kouros and, even a few Anise/Tea/Gourmand scents like Yohji Homme and Gucci Pour Homme II. There is no unpleasantness or cloying/overbearing nature to Balenciaga Pour Homme; it is just smooth all-around. Actually, the closest fragrance to Balenciaga Pour Homme is definitely Lapidus Pour Homme; it shares the same sweet lavender accord.

The bottle is amazing too. Tall, stoic and utterly 1990 without being cheesy, bearing an amazing green-marble finish on the sprayer.

Balenciaga Pour Homme projects extremely well, but it's not invasive. It lasts a long time, and it's so good. Besides Patou Pour Homme, this has become my favorite 80's/pre-aquatic 90's powerhouse so far in my fragrance journey.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found a bottle of this thanks to a very generous Basenoter. Unless Balenciaga comes to their senses and gives Balenciaga Pour Homme a relaunch, then I suggest you get to it before you can't. Thumbs up, five stars, and my most sincere recommendations.

puppynose
puppynose

Thank you for honoring my request to add this to the data base. If I have a "signature" fragrance this is and has been it for over twenty years. I am currently at a loss for words that will do this on justice. When I am able to articulate a worthy review I will honor this masterpiece accordingly. This is singular. When I thought I would not be able to obtain a replacement for my dwindling supply, I searched diligently for anything similar, tired to replicate it myself, nothing even remotely close in vibe quality lack of offensive notes presence of and balance of high quality notes etc.Tried anything that anybody claimed was similar- but never even close- they clearly did not "get" this one.

ION
ION

Strange! Am I the first one to review this little gem?
It's been too long since I sampled this perfume, actually I had bought a bottle for myself which later gave to a lover. I am in no position to recall it properly, but I do remember this was a very interesting and unique smell which could be the talk of the town under different circumstances.
I don't know whether it's the timing to be blamed or the low profile name behind it, but most definitely it deserves a recognition for being so very interesting and unique.
Did I say interesting and unique? That's "Balenciaga pour Homme", no doubt about it!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Balenciaga Balenciaga Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Balenciaga Balenciaga Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Balenciaga Pour Homme by Balenciaga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Balenciaga Pour Homme by Balenciaga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.