Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Michelle Balenciaga for women

Michelle Balenciaga for women
dislike

tuberose

Michelle, created in 1979, is an eternal classic of the house of Balenciaga. It is an intense, floral and oriental fragrance thanks to tuberose in the top notes. Michelle is recommended for romantic, evening occasions. The nose behind this fragrance is Francoise Caron.

Aldehydes Gardenia Coconut Green Notes Peach

Carnation Tuberose iris Orchid Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose

Sandalwood Musk Benzoin Oakmoss Vanilla Vetiver

Madame de Carven
Acaciosa

Michelle Fragrance Reviews

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

This is one glam fragrance.
Im in love. Perfectly put together on tbe heavy side. As time passes it gets better.....time to search for a big bottle

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Michelle Balenciaga

Top Notes: Aldehydes Gardenia Coconut Green Leaves Peach

Middle Notes: Carnation Tuberose Iris Orchid Jasmine Ylang Ylang Rose

Base Notes: Sandalwood Musk Benzoin Oak Moss Vanilla Vetiver

1979-1980 Michelle is a luxurious and elegant but youthful fragrant floral chypre. But it has such a flexibility as to turn into other categories of perfume. I see it as a young girl named Michelle who is just graduating from college and so she has the potential to be whatever the hell she wants to be in life. She is an aldehydic floral, fruity floral and a chypre. There are moments when this gem of a perfume becomes quietly reminiscent of other beloved perfumes. It's like she's tried other classic perfumes for herself and is now coming up with her own take on them. It smells like No. 5 it smells like Arpege it smells like Fidji it smells like First. It smells like L'air du Temps. These are classic aldehydic florals and this is how it begins. The aldehydes are fresh and old fashioned but not old lady ish. They are lovely aldehydes which also contain some green notes. They are not harsh and they are like little leaves falling from trees. The scent then turns fruity and sweet with scents I enjoy like peach and coconut. Surprisingly there are no citrus notes. It's mainly peach and that coconut water. The fruit enters and exits. As the fragrance enters it's second phase it becomes a floral beauty. I could smell the powdery iris and the rose which also turned into sweet rose powder. Then I could smell the white floral scents of jasmine and tuberose. This is probably best described as being a tuberose but to me the other flowers were very noticeable and it was nice to be able to make them out. There's a vanilla-scented silky sexy carnation that reminds me of L'Air du Temps. If I had to pick one classic fragrance it most reminds me of it's L'air du Temps. But you gotta try this for yourself. It's like other well known vintage favorites are making cameos. It also really does resemble Arpege. But in no way is it a dupe for any of these fragrances. She is a youthful fresher more subtle and powdery scent that has more in common with the 70's chypres and 80's fruity florals. It's sweet but still very grown up. It has a sophistication and refinement that can only come with experience. Beautiful and highly recommended. Get your hands on this baby if you like vintages. It sells as miniature dab on battles, larger splash bottles and spray on ebay. I am enjoying the dab on and love to scent myself behind my ears and on my wrists and forearms with this lovely aldehyde floral creation. The dry down is soapy and a little bit woodsy with sandalwood. Wear this if you like fragrances like:

Chanel No. 5

Arpege Lanvin

L'air du Temps Nina Ricci

Fidji Guy LaRoche

First Van Cleef and Arpels

Marie69
Marie69

Testing today a mini original EDT. Lovely. White floral, and well done in my mind. This is a classic floral. Jasmine seems to be a main note. I smell gardenia, tuberose and rose also. It is quite realistic and quite sweet. Seems a fairly even and unilateral scent. The quality seems good and it is not cloying although somewhat sweet. It also does not project too much which is nice. To me, this is a good white floral blend. You can tell it is made of quality ingredients. This scent would be pleasing to most people. It is classic and has no odd edges. This would make a nice bridal perfume. The dry down is even nicer, much softer and without a heavy musk...slight... to soften but not heavy.

parrothead58
parrothead58

Question more than a review. I love Rumba, Talisman but when I purchased one of what I thought was vintage it smelled wrong, just wrong. Can any one here tell me the difference in the vintage (in the black?) or the clear bottles? I NEED ALL OF YOUR HELP PLEASE. Oh so many perfumes, so many to love.
Please help.

rossiniopera
rossiniopera

I was having a quick look through my box of summer perfumes before putting it away, and had to sniff this again.
I do love the smell of coconut, as many others. But somehow, I feel that Bronze Goddess and similar scents are just a little too tropical for wearing up here in the north where I live. Our beach is not long and white with palm trees, but small, rocky and surrounded by pine and fir trees.
Perhaps that is why I like Michelle. Although it's a coconut scent, it also has oakmoss, which is what lifts it from being just a nice, sweet coconut-tuberose to a darker, tropical chypre, making it very well suited for the melancholy Nordic summer.

I have minis of edt and pure perfume, if I can find a full bottle, I will probably buy it.

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

Many thanks to the lovely Bajar for the most gracious swap to me of this beauty. Michelle is to me the most natural Tuberose based fragrance I've ever smelled. In my opinion Michelle leaves Fracas and others behind as Michelle is smoooooth, sophisticated and yet has a touch of innocence.

The notes listed are distinguished easily. Michelle could be worn for almost any occasion, causing people around the wearer to feel happy through smelling the air. This is a feel GREAT fragrance. If you like Tuberose, you will love Michelle. If you don't like Tuberose, you will probably still love Michelle.

After wearing this one for some time, I've come to realize that maybe the reason that it is SO good and why I love it so, is that it really has more Gardenia than Tuberose!

valeriavaler
valeriavaler

Também amei este perfume, sou brasileira o comprei-o aqui em minha cidade (Americana-SP)... no entanto nunca mais o encontrei... sinto muita, muita saudade dele... maravilhoso, meu grande amor. Nunca vou esqueçe-lo.

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

I happened upon michelle because of a frag "what is your name, what is your perfume" thread ages ago. I wondered what it was like, and I would probably have never known had it not been for a sample from the lovely smelling_gr8. I was never a great fan of tuberose.. the whole luau thing is just too happy for me. Michelle however is another thing, it's a powerful opening, the tuberose is doing a samba and I'm dancing. It dances all day and night, and in the morning she eats a breakfast with you too. Beautiful smooth coconut and flowers with a hint of spice, heaven in the drydown is the creamy best heart of it. It's love. I want to wear shoulder pads and call myself Alexis.

Elen70
Elen70

jennycollins: I've seen it at the perfumeemporium.com, but only a mini was there.
Perhaps on ebay?

jennycollins
jennycollins

I love Michelle but have a lot of trouble locating the perfume. Anyone know where I can purchase it

Bandit
Bandit

Lush and buttery fruity heaven. The epitome exotic smell. Long lasting. Unique unique unique.

First I get a blast of aldhydes, tuberose and coconut, like an exotic cocktail, than it morphs to buttery ylang ylang, jasmine and some carnation (that little spicy hint), tuberose still present, like standing in a garden on an island in the South Seas, until the vetiver emerges and let's me think of fruitful earth. Mandarines, anyone? I sniff them, although they are not listed.

Why on earth they stopped creating perfumes like this? They take you on a journey, they tell a story, they make you dream.

I adore Balenciaga. By the way: Are the oldschool Balenciagas skyrocketing these days? They surely earn it, but it is fun to watch the prices rise and rise and rise...

Belongs to the FIDJI fragrance family! Very unique and daring!!

mahanta
mahanta

Very strong and in-your-face type of fragrance. Topnotes are a blast of aldehydes and slightly unpleasant gardenia, which quickly turns into carnation (I've got a weird skin chemistry that usually amplifies carnation - too bad for me 'cos it isn't one of my favourite notes). There is one (rather long) stage when Michelle reminds me of Norell (1:1 practically). It dries down to a mossy, dirty earthiness with strong vetiver and tuberose accents and tropical flowers/fruits (I guess it might be a rain forest smell - although I haven't been in one;)Like with many older creations, I appreciate it but don't think I'd wear it...

guest_peewee
guest_peewee

One of my favorites . Michelle is intoxicating, the way I like my perfumes. Very powerful and sweet .

CaraMia
CaraMia

What can I say about Michelle? First let me be clear that I own this in both the EDT and the extrait versions. And both are quite the same except the EDT has more sillage.

Michelle is quite a contradictory perfume and that is her main charm. She is tropical coconut gardenia and sunny peaches, bright freesia and sultry ylang, and just when you think you have a tropical floriental, you start noticing something green and lifting which I am supposing to be the vetiver.

Another nice thing is that the tropical oomph of Michelle makes it a fine summer oriental scent for those who think of orientals as winter thing. It absolutely blossoms and soars in the warm weather. The florals become more intense and the vanilla less so.

I was surprised to see it here as I thought it was a discontinued marvel.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Balenciaga Michelle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Balenciaga Michelle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Michelle by Balenciaga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Michelle by Balenciaga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.