Designers » B » Woody Chypre « Groups

dislike

leather
smoky
Portos Balenciaga for men Pictures

Portos is a masculine fragrance launched in 1980. Top notes: artemisia, cumin, bergamot, coriander and galbanum. Heart: jasmine, geranium, carnation, cedar, patchouli and vetiver. Base: castoreum, leather, moss, musk, myrrh, incense and labdanum. Available as EDC.

Galbanum Artemisia Coriander Bergamot Caraway

Vetiver Carnation Jasmine Geranium Patchouli Virginia Cedar

Musk French labdanum oak moss Incense Myrhh Castoreum Leather

Bandit

Portos Fragrance Reviews

militanttihintti
militanttihintti

I bought this because I found a cheap miniature on eBay and someone said this is a dirty scent and I'm into dirtiness.

When I put Portos on my skin I was surprised, because it smells very much like (the new version of) Bandit by Robert Piguet. I love Bandit, so that isn't a bad thing, but I was excepting something a bit different.

EDIT: After testing this a second time I still think it resembles new Bandit, but it's perhaps more animalistic (but still not dirty enough for me) and the leather note is less dominant than in Bandit. I'm happy I bought this.

bakeogan
bakeogan

I am an old man and I start using Portos since I was 21 years old. I will not changed. Expensive, but worth every drop.

gelo999
gelo999

Portos for my taste falls within a small group of vintage cult fragrances that everyone should enjoy at least once in life.

The composition in pure eighties style, is complex and powerful, where a beautiful, leather key agreement breaks from start to finish to accompany herbs, feels this agreement smoky, patchouli, myrrh that makes a lot of balsamic and heavy but especially the smell of castoreum gives the fragrance a vibrant, wild, unique and super masculine effect.

Portos is one of those fragrances designed for an alpha male, of those typical man of 80, with chest hair, semi open shirt and tight jeans, confident, dominant, irreverent and have a devastating sex appeal.

And since the dyes Animalicos fragrances are becoming fashionable again, this might be a good retro candidate that could be used without problem to be trendy.

Not recommended for inexperienced youngsters who love soft fragrances and light eau de toilette.

Rating: 7.5

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

Lana Lool said it all. True castoreum , strongly animal with bold character. Love, love this 70/ 80 gem. !! Don't let it go of you love bold and spicy leather.!!! 10/10

Iris_it
Iris_it

I' m a fan of vintage Balenciagas ( except Talisman , though ) and Portos is another beautiful masculine that drives me a little crazy as the more it develops on skin the more it gets too masculine to be worn by a lady in public . The spicy opening soon goes bitter and the heart is raw . My favourite part of Portos is the drydown , when its leather gets warm and silky : fabulous animalic fragrance ! Another perfume of the past that makes you think " they do not create good stuff like this anymore " .

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A classic, powerful, uncompromising fougère. All smells and sounds deep, clear and bold, from materials to composition, to evolution. Slightly more exotic and warm than other scents of this class – Balenciaga's spanish signature, I guess. Citrus, lavender, spices (cumin above all), on a great, dense, rich base of leather and woods, with a sticky, luscious, nasty and raw animalic heart of castoreum. In short, that kind of leathery-animalic rawness which made the '70s/'80s so fun. A bit similar to Puig's Quorum (vtg) for a while, just more green and spicy, and with a more intriguing base of dusty tobacco and vanilla, with a resinous sweet touch of labdanum and myrrh. In then all evolves in a dry, super masculine strong leather drydown which lasts for ages - to be honest, too dry for me; my expectations were a bit more higher. If you had a crazy playboy uncle who drove an Alfa and smoked cubans, chances are he had this among his rotation.

7,5/10

Sirius86
Sirius86

This smells like the classic Aramis to me but without the sweetness and more darker. It also has a vague Kouros presence. Very animalic and distinctly from the 80's. It lasts fairly long for an EDC (few hours at least) and a dated one at that.

mrfive
mrfive

Portos is on frag at last; great job lords of fragrantica. I agree with the previous reviewer.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

All you Kouros and Antaeus fans, gather round. Why this has not been reviewed and why there is no big talk about Balenciaga's Portos is beyond me. This is in the same genre as Kouros, Jules, and even Derby with its animalic chypre structure. I would say this is more animalic than Jules, but different from Kouros, as castoreum has a slightly darker, even subtler smell than the beloved civet. To some, this will be a real stinker, but to others, this will be recognized as a true king of its genre. As of now, it is out of production and rare, but the remaining bottles are still semi affordable. If any of the above tweaks your fancy, I would suggest procuring some before more make the same discovery. A true find!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Balenciaga Portos fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Balenciaga Portos, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Portos by Balenciaga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Portos by Balenciaga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.