Designers » B » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Quadrille Balenciaga for women

Quadrille Balenciaga for women
dislike

Quadrille is a classic scent of 1950's. Sparkling fresh fruity notes open the composition: ploom, peach and lemon. Jasmine in the heart note blend together with warm spices: clove and cardamom. The base is very sensual, composed of amber and musk.
The perfume was created in 1955.

Plum Peach Lemon

Crepe de Chine

Quadrille Fragrance Reviews

David Mellard
David Mellard

I can say that I was fortunate to have worked with this perfume house back in the (90ts)when I started working within the fragrance sector. I also launched Cristobal by Balenciaga so I new about the other fragrance the house carried like (La Dix) Quadrille and (Talisman). for a long time you never heard much about the fashion house. it was only in the last seven or eight years that the brand had revived itself and their was rumours that they were going to r-launch fragrances again. however customers from that era were miss led by thinking that the new distributor who owns the licensee for the perfume house witch is Coty Prestige or Unilever were going to r-launch those iconic fragrance of that time but they never did. those old fragrances has the most gorgeous sett of notes ever. and it is such a wonderful combination of the most adorable scents in the world. I don't know what it is about Balenciaga fragrances especially the old and iconic ones. all I know that is if you haven't tried one of their fragrances you haven't lived. a wonderful creations they have to offer and the great thing about them at the time not so long after they got discontinued you were able to purchase one at a very good bargain if you came across any small independent perfume stores that sold discontinued fragrances. but theses days if you do happen to come across any of these iconic fragrances you'll be sure to pay a hefty sum of cash for any of these fragrances. they are truly a masterpiece just like the fashion creations today and back then.

Kind Regards
David.

archivist
archivist

Having difficulty saying it better than silverbutterfly, who wrote "Mossy, plummy, smokey, oldish, but it is very interesting and unique." Yep. Oldish in this case does not refer (in my mind anyway) to the ostensible wearer of the perfume, but the perfume itself. It smells ancient, like the inside of a 100 year old train vanity case that hasn't been opened in a century, the perfume and makeup inside gone mossy and dusty. It's interesting. And for me, not very wearable. It makes me feel like the ghost of Miss Haversham. Again: very interesting.

ETA: Oh man. THE DRYDOWN. Wait 15 minutes or more before scrubbing this. Then it's just gorgeous, and unlike anything you can buy new. Like running your hand over quilted satin.

grayspoole
grayspoole

I'm reviewing the vintage EDT, from a sealed vertically ribbed bottle with a black cap, probably from the 1960's. In this formulation, Quadrille is a restrained mossy scent with a subtle peach lactone note that definitely evokes vintage Femme. (Ms. Rochambeau's comparison of the two scents is spot on.). Quadrille has less creamy musk than Femme and more warm spices--I get clove and cinnamon--but it has that same enveloping cashmere quality. I'd like to try the vintage parfum some day, to see if Quadrille becomes a little more glamorous and assertive in a stronger concentration, Meanwhile, I will wear my EDT to the office.

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

I have a couple bottles of this I bought on ebay (where else!) in the past and I am mystified that it seems there isn't much I can smell which I would call a floral element or a top note. However, on me it smells like a very pure chypre basenote, nice, but missing. The way I use it is to act as a fixative for floral scents which need more on the bottom, and it works extremely well for that purpose. Yeah! Oakmoss!!

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

Oh my word, this is lovely. I bought a decant on a whim and it is so good. It is an older fragrance and reminds me very much of Creed Angelique encens (not at all similar in scent, but similar in the mood and atmosphere it creates). It's sultry, sexy, and dark. I don't get the floral note so much on me, it seemed to go almost straight to spiciness. It is quite masculine and mature, and is made for seduction.

zayzay
zayzay

There was a time, way back in the punk era, when all my friends were wearing Chloe and Anais Anais,that I wouldn't go out of an evening without spraying copious amounts of Quadrille all over myself. Because in my mind, this was NOIR! A dark,smouldering, flashing eyed vamp of a perfume that was like catnip to my younger self. Sadly discontinued. Wonder what they'd make of it now?

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Mossy, plummy, smokey, oldish, but it is very interesting and unique.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Gods of scents must be french !

This fragrance will stay must favorite until the end of my life.

merlin1999
merlin1999

Ah,Quadrille!!! This was the first perfume I ever fell in love with...got a sample of this from ebay. So I recently became reacquainted with my old amour. And I was so nervous when it arrived that I didn't dare to open it!! I was afraid that I would feel disappointed, so I left it for 3 days!!! Then finally late at night I crept upstairs and reverently sprayed it upon my wrist, and I was again enraptured!!...the top notes the most perfect accord of downy peach and overripe plum, soon enfolded by a subtle, almost incensey licorice, a beautiful soft hypnotic smokiness, the merest hint of jasmine,and all the while the spices, warm, enticing,inviting, never overpowering. The drydown is sensual, dry, languorous and divine. Quadrille never demands attention, she is too wise and womanly for that.(although a man could easily wear this!) She is cleverly intimate, she draws you in!!!. There are no sharp corners here, everything is a smooth, seamless, wonderful work of art. Incomparable and glorious, sublime and peerless, magical, magical, Quadrille!!!

oliseeger
oliseeger

I’ve found a 1oz. bottle of the pure parfum sealed for $10,00 in a flea market. Bought it once I love perfumes and have a nice collection. This week, after reading a lot about Cialenga (and wearing it), I decided to give Quadrille a try. Well…wow! An absolute storm of oak moss in my nose! Beautiful and musky, with peaches and tuberose. Kind of strong but nice anyway! Excellent choice for colder weather!

saritarose
saritarose

In a German magazine, back in the '60s, QUADRILLE was recommended as a perfume for redheads (of whom I am, just barely, one). Redheads take note!

Limpylou
Limpylou

This is an older fragrance that I found in the late 70's. I wore it off and on till about 1995. Until recently I found some great deals on eBay. I now work with small children and they LOVE this discontinued "old lady" scent on me...however... It is to me a very sexy, sensual fragrance. I scored an unopened dusting powder as well. When i wore it in the late 70s and early 80s I was young and wild and free and it takes me right back there. This fragrance will surprise you!

wbp
wbp

This smells exactly like my grandmothers hairspray! But i am not a vintage perfume girl, so maybe it's just me!

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

I recently found a tiny vintage mini of Quadrille and when I dabbed it on, I immediately thought of vintage Rochas' Femme. This is a fruity/spicy and chypre-like and although it's similar in many ways to Femme, it's not as leathery and animalic. Think of it as a more "behaved" or "lady-like" version of femme.

VintageCaleche
VintageCaleche

Why was this discontinued?
One of my favourites, so elegant, although it didn't keep as well as some...

BABEHUBBS

ok after more research I've seen the bottle i have is shaped like the scent Ho-Hong are the any of bottles of this fragrance made like the mens fragrance

BABEHUBBS

i just found a bottle of this perfume in the thrift store for $8 a 50ml full but the sprayer is missing i can find out if its real because the bottle i have has the ribbed lines on it but the top of it is big n gold n oval with Balenciaga written in the center i really want to know if this is authentic

ettabryna
ettabryna

I have had a teensy tiny sample bottle of Quadrill in my jewelry box since my grandmother brought it back from Paris @1961 when I was only 5.I still remember the delicious scent and have grown up the same as I was as a child; intensely sensitive and allergic to heavy perfumes;when I was a kid, i would either literally pass out or get nauesous fromt he heavy perfume the older ladies wore...now they( Poison, Opium,Ciara made me nauseated or as in the case of the infamous Elizabeth Ardens Red Door,I would get 48 hour migraines which would destroy me.
So,not on the financial scale of Quadrille, which I would love to get ,one of my other all time faves has madea comeback;was able in the last few years to buy on line but was shocked to acutally be in a CVS and find Loves Lemon on the actual shelf!!
Yeahhhhhhhhhh for clean ,simpple scents!
And hangin onto a bottle of Nikki De St Phalle for more years than I can remember now!

panthere
panthere

Same pharmacy has 4 bottles of this stuff. I tested this out for all the great reviews here. Unfortunatly all i got was a hit of chanel no.5. which is exactly what i cant stand ( its my mother's perfume). This one is definatly for chanel no.5 lovers. I'm definatly a coco fan. I definatly get the hollywood 50's glamour vibe .

Bebe70
Bebe70

Feminine, sensual, sexy. I know several women who like that.
And even more men!
(On women!)

imoore
imoore

It is like the mixture of scents from a L U S H shop. If you had been in one you'd know this rich soap - yum yum - I am going to spend a fortune here I love the feeling so much state of mind /madness/!

oopsfauxpas
oopsfauxpas

too bad that a: quadrille isn't a guy and b: i've sworn off marriage anyway.

if i ever run into a guy whose last name is Quadrille, i may have to take it as a sign from God, and try again.

there are at LEAST 250 perfumes living in my house. tho' fickle, by no means have i loved every single one. i have had my favorites, and i think i have mentioned that x is my favorite on this very blog site.

quadrille moved in just over 2 months ago. they haven't stayed long, and i've had to buy 5 bottles in that short time.

i suffer the curse of favoring the discontinued and hard to find. in the OFFICIAL PERFUME DICTIONARY, when you look up discontinued there is a one word definition: expensive.

as quadrille is not as plentiful as many other discontinueds, it's pricey. naturally smaller bottles are less expensive, but sellers of rare perfumes are, in general, a delusional lot. i've seen 2 oz (it's an edt) listed for 69, and the same amount listed for 299. (i wrote to that seller, suggesting rehab and a reality seminar.)

none the less, i've dropped over 500 dollars on quadrille in just over 2 months. with bottle 5 dwindling at the same rate as my meager bank account, i decided to take action. so i contracted to sell a kidney.

and then, heaven descended from the sky, and landed, of all places, on ebay.

at this very moment i am bidding on a one quart (as in "a quart of milk, please) of quadrille. i can barely count, even using my fingers, but intuition tells my that that's one hell of a lot of ounces.

we are 4 days into the auction. the starting price was 50 something. i bid first. another gal was up for the challenge, but retired from the field in short order. that quart is currently standing at 117. there has been no further activity for 2 days.

unless there are at least 2 people who are crazy for a perfume, huge bottles of perfume never bring in what they are worth. even if you're crazy about a fragrance, there aren't many people out there as eccentric and over the top as i am. even i must admit that saturating my skin and clothing every 2 or so hours is, um, exessive? compulsive? let's get real - i have a serious problem. as life's problems go, it just isn't serious enough to make the fix it list. and face it, kids, pets and brothers are all problems, too. brothers in particular are HUGE problems, so i've been told. but we don't try to get rid of them. mostly.

we maniacs are a small minority. a normal person might love a perfume but figure they won't live long enough to use a whole quart.

so i'll get it, and probably for under 200 dollars - but even if it goes much higher, when you consider my expenditure to date, it's worth my while to pay up.

so, for now, i think i'll have a good week or two of quadrille before i have to think about selling my body parts. i wonder if anyone needs an earlobe transplant.

kayred
kayred

Recently rediscovered this (vintage parfum)after many years - what a heavenly reunion!

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

Ah, the rapturous "Quadrille!" Weaving sinuous waves of an almost indescribable, smokey, piquant floral ambience around you. And it lasts, and "wafts" rather than hits you over the head like some of the more recent, modern perfumes. Like someone once said, perfume should be a subtle suggestion, not an open invitation.....

pitbull friend
pitbull friend

Lovely & deep & boozy, with a pleasant burnt note to start. Very complex and pretty. Another Balenciaga masterpiece!

Leesee
Leesee

A fruity-floral perched atop a sturdy base of amber and musk, this scent is the sort I could imagine wafting up from the decolletage of a spunky heroine in a Billy Wilder film. Wear this scent when you are in the mood for witty banter and a dry martini!

Quadrille by Balenciaga 4.23 out of 5 based on 81 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Balenciaga Quadrille fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Balenciaga Quadrille, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Quadrille by Balenciaga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Quadrille by Balenciaga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.