Designers » B » Floral Green « Groups

Rosabotanica Balenciaga for women

Rosabotanica Balenciaga for women
dislike

Rosabotanica Balenciaga for women Videos
Rosabotanica Balenciaga for women Pictures Rosabotanica Balenciaga for women Pictures Rosabotanica Balenciaga for women Pictures

Rosabotanica is the second flower in the Balenciaga magical garden founded with Florabotanica perfume from 2012. Rosabotanica presents its fresh version with a touch of sheerness and second skin feeling.

This floral fragrance is based on spicy rose. It opens with crystal accents of blue hyacinth and milky green character of fig leaf, refreshed by petitgrain. Rose in this composition reveals its sparkling and herbal facets increased by bitter drops of grapefruit and spicy cardamom and pink pepper. The base is composed of white amber, cedar, vetiver, patchouli and clean woody notes.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Rosabotanica was launched in 2013.

Hyacinth Fig Leaf Petitgrain

Lilt

Rosabotanica Fragrance Reviews

jayssen
jayssen

Being slightly obsessed with rose fragrances, I decided to try this out. The original Florabotanica is a lovely, light floral scent, so I thought that this might be in a similar vein, only with more rose. I couldn't have been more wrong. I find this fragrance to be offensive to my nose. I don't know whether it is the disparate mix of notes, or one note in particular, but something about this is deeply unpleasant. If I were to try and explain what I smell, I would say flowers, green notes and compost. Why on earth there is "rosa" in the title is beyond me.

kateridelisle
kateridelisle

Ugh! What is this? Just no! A strange concoction of scents that just don't belong together. Sharp, bitter green lawn clippings rivalling mangled vines and decaying roses,throw freshly cut pine sawdust into this compost heap of garden decay and a new modern take on floral fragrance is created. A Frankenstein creation of a modern floral fragrance. I will say however,the bottle is an exquisite design. Love the bottle, just not what it contains,based on the misleading packaging I was expecting a fresher fragrance of blue hyacinths and red poppies, or at least that is what I was hoping for.

SlimjadeyMeme
SlimjadeyMeme

I'm a bit disappointed with this perfume. I actually really love the scent except for one thing. I can't stand cedar, and sadly this contains just enough to put my nose off. I wish I didn't react so adversely to cedar because this perfume would be beautiful if it wasn't for that.

Skayalily
Skayalily

I wish I loved this. I wish I even just liked it enough to own; visually, it's one of my favorite bottles. I just can't validate buying it, though. Why isn't mint listed as a note? The mint that's blended positively sublimely in Florabotanica is the focus of the opening of Rosabotanica on my skin. It smells like a minty florist's shop, maybe more like standing in a florist's shop chewing a very minty gum. Neither the fig nor the rose develop much for me against the jumble of greenery. The hyacinth is a beautiful touch, but fleeting. Overall, it's pleasant but not worth obtaining, not even for the bottle. It wears with light moderate sillage for most of a workday

diptutod
diptutod

Discovered this purely by chance at Sephora once, and it has become my signature scent.

It's very rosy, yes, but it's so vibrant and green. It's like you were doing yardwork in your sprawling English garden and some roses happened to get mixed in with the other plant cuttings.

To me it has always smelled like I am standing in the middle of a giant garden on a warm day.

I can't pick out specific notes besides rose, but there is a certain softness to it that grounds the scent. It's not a juicy green like grass clippings, in the way that so many other green scents I've smelled are. It's more woody and dry while still being fresh and summery.

On me it dries down fairly quickly and the green botanical notes disappear, leaving me with living roses, a hint of patchouli, something soft and snuggly. I will catch a whiff of it occasionally throughout the day but I do not think it projects very far past my skin after the first hour or so.

Edited to add: I tried Hermes Jardin Mediterranee based on how many people said it smelled like Rosabotanica. I don't think they smell anything alike, but I DO also love love love Un Jardin Mediterranee.

RJ Watson
RJ Watson

Rosabotanica is a recent discovery and after giving it a full week test drive, I've decided to add it to the permanent rotation.

For me, it opens very green and citric....I suppose that would be the grapefruit (thankfully, without any of the sulphuric notes) and a flash of fig leaves (no fig flesh, more like sap from broken fig tree leaves and branches), quickly joined by some floral notes courtesy of hyacinth, before transitioning to the ubiquitous pink pepper and spicy cardamom, a touch of vetiver, a fractionated (read: scrubbed clean and modern) patchouli, and some clean, vaguely woody notes. The scent does indeed cling to the skin (the ingredient list reveals jojoba esters which mimic the sebum found in our skin) and the effect is a bit like a transparent veil of scent surrounding the wearer.

The name leads one to expect a rose perfume and the problem is this is not what you get. At best, one will sense something rose-like that's present throughout the scent's lifespan.

I'm not quite sure how some reviewers interpret this as a loud scent (loud to me is Fracas, Amarige, Joop! Homme , Carnal Flower, Poison, etc.) - as this pretty much fades to a whisper after the top notes burn off.

Very nicely done, in a modern, minimalist style; not a big statement scent but who's to say there's not a place for that in one's scent wardrobe?

Definitely gender neutral, with above average longevity (I get 6+ hours from 2 sprays on chest and 1 on each forearm), and sillage remains quiet after the first hour - doesn't violate my personal three foot rule.

Neosmiaphyte
Neosmiaphyte

This is a great green, woodsy unisex scent. I would not say that is a floral. The only rose and petitgrain I get is from the immediate spray. IIt is definitely Briar Rose than formal English rose garden. Dewy, soil with spice. The cardamom, cedar, patchouli and wood notes are pervasive throughout. While I do not think there is much change in this linear frag during wear, the fig dies down slightly and makes room for the citrus to sneak in. There is a softness that I assume comes from the hyacinth and amber. The notes generally play loud and sultry throughout the entire wearing. I do find the silage and longevity to be pretty poor, but I plan to try it again in the fall when I think it will truly come alive. If this was in a room spray, I'd be in heaven.

Emma0714
Emma0714

Rosabotanica has nothing to do about roses really. First impression is definitely woody and green. Big trunks, big leaves, clingy roots and curly vines everywhere. Like a rainforest! Soo... You think that the scent would be juicy like the humid rainforest? No - it's super dry, almost starchy.

Not a bad scent at all! I actually kinda like it. It's a bit wierd though. Smells kind of "intentionally unfinished" if you get me. Maybe that is the pretentious art behind this scent. Probably gonna find this bottle in a beret smoking unfiltered cigarettes pretty soon. Claiming that I "was not meant to understand."

While I was deep down in this perfume in search for the rose (which I still cannot find - lol), I found the cardamom and pink pepper!

So for here on this fragrance shall now be named "Rainforest spiceshelf botanica"

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

«Charades, pop skill, water hyacinth, named by a poet imitation of life» - I've been missing hyacinth ever since I finished A Scent by Issey Miyake and here this flower is the protagonist alongside petitgrain and grapefruit. Rose is not so prominent as the name might suggest. This perfume is green, bittersweet and unconventional. I love it.

Side note: Is it true that so many people know what a fig leaf smells like? Shame on me!

scentedrat
scentedrat

Wow, either I got a bad sample or my nose just isn't spelling what's actually there. On me, this is extraordinarily bitter, parched, and sharp, The kind of smell that makes you take a step back. I could not detect any Rose or other flowers. Nor could I detect any green. Unless it was dried up, Dusty grass. I think I just got a big dose of pepper and some chemical that overwhelmed everything else. I sampled Jardin en Med a few years ago and liked it. I tried it again recently and all I could smell was Iso super e, so now that joins the list of perfumes I cannot enjoy anymore. Maybe I am sensitive to something in this one too, because I know this is not how any perfume is supposed to smell. It makes me really unhappy that my perfume options are getting more and more limited because of some nasty chemicals.

What a disappointment. I was really looking forward to trying this one.

Perfumeaddict777
Perfumeaddict777

Oh wow! What can i say about this perfume. It was a blind buy so i wasn't sure what to expect. As soon as i got in the car, i tore the box open and sprayed my wrist and the air. Instantly i was transported to 1990 when i was ten years old sitting in my bedroom with my hamsters. At first all i could feel is hamster cage. I ignored that off putting sense realizing this is not dirty cedar from my hamster cage when i was a kid. The only reason that's where the smell took me is that was the only association i had with cedar. I waited and wow, I'm falling in love, I'm not in my bedroom any more, I'm in a beautiful cedar wood forest, every thing is covered with dew, there's roses in the distance. Im really enjoying this. I've had this perfume fir a while now and i love it more and more each time i wear it. The Cedar is clean, realistic, gorgeous, roses are dewy and distant but there, pink pepper, vetiver and fig are paired along with the Cedar. I've never been so intrigued by a fragrance. I've never felt more powerful, confident, positive in a fragrance. I receive at least 6 compliments a day from men and women while i wear it. Im glad that my un educated nose is becoming more intelligent. Longevity 10hours, sillage arms length. More important than getting compliments is that i feel beautiful when i wear it. Imagine a mystical creature stepping out of a dewy cedar wood forest, that is what this perfume smells like

cantorfab
cantorfab

I LOVE this fragrance. It's "the one" that I wish I could wear forever....and to think I bought it blind for the bottle only is crazy! The fig leaf gives it such a great opening freshness of greens that makes the lingering rose not overwhelmingly floral, and the pink pepper is so subtle yet makes the fragrance so intriguing. It feels like lying down in a rose garden after the rain...minus the dirt and wetness. It wears for a while, but in this case I don't care too much since it's definitely one that I'm EXCITED to reapply. Not since STELLA Stella McCartney (which is SO different than this) have I wanted to put on a fragrance right after my shower...at night. Before going to bed. My only regret is not getting the bigger bottle.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

This one is weird. While Im a sucker for fresh green scents (Hermes Un Jardin Apres La Mousson and Sisley Eau Campagne are two favs) this one maybe has too much bite. Ive never smelled fresh rose mixed with masculine vetiver before and Im not 100% convinced they are compatible. Add bitter grapefruit to the mix and it makes this even more harsh. I get the detergent comparison by some reviewers. What saves this is the hyacinth and fig leaves, and the other background notes are quite beautiful, there is no doubt this is expertly blended and produced fragrance. While Im not sold on this, in a way I respect it and appreciate it. Im fascinated how strange it is and how nothing on the market is even comes close to this (and I love the bottle). Lets just say I appreciate this one from a far, and I would really respect any woman (or man) who can pull this one off. All in all, Im intrigued.

cstands
cstands

I do find it hard to review perfumes that I really REALLY love! Would I do it justice?!
I am a Balengiaca fan. Their perfumes are feminine but not overly girlie. They always seem to blend unusual notes so masterfully. Rosabotanica is no exception. This is definitely a perfume that makes me happy (even a tad excited) when wearing it. It is pretty, but unusual. Pretty in a "green" way, rather than in a "pink" or "purple" sort of way!
Yes - absolutely fig leaves - that soft tropically greenness that reminds me of climbing our fig tree as a child.
I did not pick the rose note until I read the notes listed. But now I definitely pick out the rose, though not in a traditional fashion. Even the rose smells more green. Again, though, this is a SOFT, sweeter green, rather than a sharper, grassy green.
The cardamom adds more sweetness and a bit of spice.
These three notes are the strongest on my skin. As the scent develops, I do smell the amber base too. Thankfully no patchouli on my skin!
I think I'd actually like Rosabotanica as a signature scent, but at the same time, it holds such a special place for me at the moment, that I don't want to risk over-using it. For now, it will probably stay my once-in-a-blue-moon super-power boost-me-up fragrance... until I find a big bottle at a good price anyway!!

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Sharp herbal floral opening. Wood and fruit, too - there's a bit of everything here. Invigorating, light fragrance but with excellent sillage. Despite it's greenness it's fairly sweet. There's an aquatic element that lends detergent-y note in there (reminds me a bit of shampoo). Comes on pretty strong but not in a traditional "big perfume" way but with very angular, modern notes. I imagine this is either a love it or hate it fragrance. As it's drying down a powdery sweet floral scent is developing, possibly from the hyacinth. The pink pepper is definitely in there, too; this is a fairly spicy fragrance. Feminine but in a non-traditional way.

Gemini12
Gemini12

This was love at second sniff. The first time I smelled it on a paper test strip, Rosabotanica did not impress me. However, a few months later I was perusing a store’s perfume counter and on a whim I sprayed it on my arm. Wow. The initial spray was all rose, but shortly afterwards the green and then spicier notes began to emerge and after about 4 hours the patchouli came out to play. I couldn’t stop smelling my arm for the next several hours and quickly obtained a sample and eventually a full bottle.

On my skin and to my nose this is a spicy rose perfume that makes me feel feminine and upbeat. I would have no problem wearing this with anything from jeans to a little black dress. From reading the reviews, it’s apparent that this is one of those polarizing scents which makes me wonder if there’s a note that many people are anosmic to or perhaps very dependent upon body chemistry? Regardless, I love it, but many don’t so it’s definitely not a safe blind buy.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

Interesting how people differ in their perceptions. I do not find this clean at all, for me it's a dirty perfume, both in the sense that it is earthy, green and that it also is a bit suggestive...like sweaty skin, but in a good way. I smell rose with a spicy green woody background that smells a bit masculine. I imagine a very confident, no-nonsense woman who's rocking her tousled hair look because earlier she was fooling around with her man and his smell is still lingering a bit. However, it is still very much a rose perfume, so make no mistake this is also very feminine. On my skin, at least, the rose was louder than the fig. I find the opening of this perfume very intoxicating, light and fresh, in a similar style to Florabotanica, but more provocative.

nancy.lopez
nancy.lopez

One of the main reasons I'm addicted to fragrances, is the memories that come along with each note! I always try to associate notes with my memories of different times.

I was immediately sold when I sprayed it! I love love love any fragrance that at first spray, begins with a lovely note (not alcohol) and is pleasing to my senses. My first memory that came back to life was that of a time as a child (5th grader) and eating "Lucas" brand lemon/lime beer salt. Lmao...so strange but as it dried down the memory lingered and more came back to me of that era.

Great memories and couldn't ask for more. Every time I wear this, I'll think of that memory. Nicely done!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

genevieves
genevieves

Green, fresh, sweet, uplifting, liquid fig tree garden.

ismellsogood
ismellsogood

I promise you, I am only buying this for the bottle!
The scent is not as important as the bottle design. I will replace the woody, ordinary, floral boredom with something a little bit more electric.

I am actually disappointed that the scent is not as beautiful as the bottle design. I wish florabotanica was in this bottle instead!

Also....
If you have ever been to kew gardens and you open one of the doors to it's many extraodinary greenhouses - there are reminders of that warm, damp, floral smell in this fragrance...

Works ok with experimental layering but... for the Magpie in me I will just stare and with various discount codes found online - spend as little as I can just to get the bottle...alas...I am a perfume junkie, for the history, design and scent - that's me

Adelaide Rocks
Adelaide Rocks

One spray gives a lovely soft green scent, with a hint of wood and pepper. Two sprays is definitely too much. I think the grapefruit is adding to the freshness, but the overall impression is not even a bit fruity on me. It is very blended fragrance, none of the notes really stand out at all. This is the third time I've tried it, and I'm still not getting even a hint of rose, although I can smell the hyacinth after the first flush of fig leaf dries down a bit.

Not a bad scent at at all, but not quite as floral as I had hoped from the name and the listed notes. I'm still searching for my perfect just-a-little-rosy green scent.

GinWeed
GinWeed

This is aaaaall fig leaf with underlying rose, so be aware and beware, it's not for everyone. This perfume has got some attitude, for the right person. Don't spray more than twice, it'll pump too hard on you (made that mistake once in a hurry). My 100ml bottle is smashingly gorgeous. Comes in a nice and big package. And I just love saying Balenciaga.

Talicalicia
Talicalicia

I liked the name and the notes as described. The store didn't have a tester though so I was dubious. but I asked and the lady opened a sample for me, I was so glad I asked and didn't just say "another time".
On my arm where I sprayed it it started off green, and almost peachy. I suspect that was the citrus coming to call and playing with the hyacinth. My first inkling that this was going to be a winner was receiving compliments on it in the elevator heaving back to the car, Complete strangers asking what that lovely scent was. The dry down just keeps getting better heading into a faintly green slightly spicy smelling floral, the green notes really make the florals come alive like you are smelling them in a garden and not as a scent.
Longevity ion this is massive. I sprayed it on in the morning and its now dinnertime and its still a noticeable scent and the Silage is impressive but not overpowering. Its a perfume that likes to make a statement but not in an offensive overpowering way. Like a lady in a red dress at a cocktail party where every other woman is wearing black or white. Its classy, elegant and ready to strut her stuff unashamed. Some love her some hate her, some are jealous of her and she is fine with that. She is just her.

pallasathene8
pallasathene8

I don't usually go for green scents, but the greens here make the rose seem so very real to me. Perfect for spring. I only wish the scent lasted longer; it does not have much staying power on me.

Bazil Tarmizi
Bazil Tarmizi

Ok lemme share my review about Rosa . Today I went to Balenciaga boutique . We only have 1 here in my country . I sprayed this around 12pm and it stays on my skin until 9pm . The longevity is magnificent . I describe it as Dangerously Beautiful . I had no problem at all . The problem comes when after i payed for this perfume , they wrapped it in a random pink paper and put a shocking pink bow on it . I thought they have a Balenciaga paper . Judging by the legendary house it was pretty dissapointing . Pink is so not Balenciaga . Moreover, they dont even give me the resit . Poor service and presentation . I hope Balenciaga can improve the service and pls resit c'mon , even groceries stores give you resit .

Vanian
Vanian

Tried this 2 months ago. Immediate love. Something in this perfume makes me feel young and fresh. In my wish list for Christmas.

Revision: Well, was not able to wait until Christmas and got it yesterday. Still feel its freshness and youthfulness. The rose moment in it actually surprised me very pleasantly, as I get the impression of Bulgarian rose (can not be 100% sure of course). However, I am a great fan of Bulgarian rose and in fact I always have 1ml pure Bulgarian rose oil souvenir in my handbag.

leechdoll
leechdoll

I've been smelling this on eeeveryone since last year. It's not bad. Smells nice but...somehow I feel like it rarely suits the women I smell it on.
It's pretty linear on me - the hyacinth transitions seamlessly into rose, bolstered by citrus, and it smells the same for the 5-6 hours it lasts me...I don't smell specifically any cardamom but there's definitely something there of "spice notes" along with the amber that's trying to warm it up. I say "trying" because there's something a little too high-pitched about that rose mixed with the sweetened crisp greenness that the perfume never really reads as warm. Not very woody or aromatic for me. The first couple times I wore this I did kind of think of it as more fruity-floral, but it must have been the grapefruit.

It IS very pretty and lord knows that's a gorgeous bottle, but for some reason I'm not really feeling it. It reads as a little uncanny and artificial (from hyper-realism, not from poor imitation) to me.

On a totally different note: I recently made a body powder out of some of my sample. soaked a bit onto half a cottonpad and threw it into a couple spoonfuls of arrowroot/tapioca starch. Very different! I'm not super familiar with what fig leaves should smell like, but based on the descriptions I believe there's much more of that in the powder version of Rosabotanica. The powder is much creamier-smelling, almost milky, and softer and greener in a different way, subduing the screechiness.

miscetera
miscetera

Impressionist watercolor of a beautiful rose shamelessly wrapped in a huge, ornate, extravagant frame. This scent is an intriguing journey through green, spicy, floral and woods. Sophisticated yet edgy, modern with just a hint of retro vibe, poised but vivacious, full of contradictions. Not for the faint of heart.

chakalitpasshun
chakalitpasshun

I despised Florabotanica's sharp grassy scent so much I almost passed this up as well. Rosa smells like a milky rose with a bit of fig. The pink pepper and cardamom give it a sharp but not highly offensive whiff. On my skin, I prefer it in warmer months. Its unlike anything I have in my collection and I'm fine with that. Everyone doesn't have to like it and I don't think this fragrance is aiming to be a people pleaser. The bottle is odd and essentric enough which I love. This is not suggested for a blind buy. Think of it as a person you assumed to be stuck up, who when you got to know them, you actually liked.

margarita.angelova
margarita.angelova

I adore Florabotanica and was expecting this release very impatiently. I really wanted to love it but the first time I tried it, I was almost repulsed, it smelled like urine. Probably my nose was too tired back then as I was testing tons of other scents, too.

I gave it another try today and actually it's not that bad! It has a hint of her bigger sister's odd charm but not in a direct way. Each has her own style of standing out.

Rosabotanica is green and carefree, a classic good mood perfume for me. The opening is a bit too sharp but the further you get towards the dry down, her most incredible side is revealed.

It reminds me of a fresher and more citrusy version of Flower in the Air by Kenzo (which is heavier on the rose, but the overall feeling I get from both of them is very similar).

Another wish list entry for me.

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

i think this is in fact high tea outdoors in the middle of a lawn, surrounded by leafy rose bushes on a table adorned with a vase of hyacinths and a jug of grapefruit juice, shared with a man sucking lockets, as he grinds some pink pepper into my cucumber sandwich and another grinning man whizzing past intermittently sitting on a lawn mower in his favourite shorts....they are both winking and i have no idea why. the weird perfume i'm wearing? i sip my honeyed herbal tea and pinch my arm to wake up...

but still i can't decide whether i actually like wearing Rosabotanica, despite really liking the smell of it.
make sense? it will if you test it.

P.S. did i mention cardamon? cardamon and more cardamon? intensive.

EDIT: nope, tried it a few more times and despite appreciating this quirky scent with it's lovely amber dry down, it is alas, not for me.

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

It's complex with many notes. However, it may not be for everyone so I suggest you test this first before buying. I am a rose lover and it is not dominant. It is very green and grassy. It's brash and in your face on first spray. I don't care for it. At the drydown, it's not as loud but I still did not get used to it. It's not bad, just not my style. If you like fresh cut grass after you just mowed your lawn, you'll like it. If you like the smell of pulling weeds in your garden, you'll like it. The thing I love is the beautiful modern looking bottle. I like Florabotanica much better. I got a great deal on a giftset but returned it since it was a blind buy. Even though the price was good, I couldn't get myself to wear it. It smells very similar to Peace, Love and Juicy Couture which I have and don't reach for often, so when I want to smell green, I'll pull that one out.

Catherynne
Catherynne

I received a mini of this last year and thought "It's okay" and put it away. I came across it again in my cabinet at exactly the right time as I've been looking for a new spring/ summer scent that wasn't loaded in sweet. What a difference a year makes. This time when I tried it, "Wow" spiced rose fades into herbal spiciness with the fig leaf adding an intriguing down beat. Lasts a decent amount of time (around 6 hours or so) I'm going to go full bottle when I run out the mini.

pauroj
pauroj

yes god yes , if you are going to make a light floral make it with a bit of a oomph , rosabotanica is not a lutens for sure ok maybe it's not even a l'artisan but is certainly more substantial than a jo malone , so yes is love for me

Lauren Da
Lauren Da

This one is a fragrance for hardcore active and wild females. It is not for swethearts but for women who take no s**t. It requires a a strong and independent character to support this scent properly. It smells like a wild adventurous garden definitely a casual scent which matches perfectly with expensive casualwear for every day ;-)

feeg
feeg

As edgy the bottle is the edgy the fragrance is. For sure not anyone can rock this scent. Even I had to find my way to love this scent as this one was a blind buy for me. At first, I did not like the opening, too much greens for my taste but the dry down...mmmh...that's a niche one. I don't like roses but then the woody notes, pink pepper, citrus, amber, vetiver. This one will be your love or hate scent and is able to become your signature perfume for spring. No one would mix it up with anything else - it's Rosabotanica. There are many perfumes that are meant for summer, fall and winter. On me this one works only in spring and I had great comments from people who are into extraordinary perfumes.

twoteacakes
twoteacakes

The haters gonna hate, hate, hate....
Yet again, seduced by a bottle design....I must stop doing that. A blind buy, not smart. In my car I get the beautiful new bottle out and spray a decent amount onto my wrist. No mucking around, lets see what this baby has to offer. On the drive home, I feel like I am suddenly very hung over. Massive headache, feel like i have been struck on the back of the head by a blunt instrument. So on to the actual scent. It does smell rosy, kind of. And green, kind of. But I am overwhelmed by a sharp chemical smell which I am obviously sensitive to. For the rest of the day my nose itches and the back of my throat is sore. I 'm sure perfume isn't supposed to be like this.
My mum worked as a cleaner in a care home for many years and during school holidays I would sometimes go to work with her. There was a cleaning fluid she used to put in her mop bucket and I was immediately taken back there when I smelt this. No kidding.
I am assuming that it is the big dose of Iso E super that had this effect on me and I normally try to see the good side of any fragrance, regardless of whether it is to my taste or not, but I honestly can't find anything to celebrate here. Oh wait the bottle is nice...
I'm sure someone somewhere is having a joke calling such a chemically enhanced perfume Botanica.
Fakers gonna fake, fake, fake..

Inventress
Inventress

Balenciaga Rosabotanica EdP is nothing like its predecessor, Florabotanica. Contrary to what the name suggests, Rosabotanica is much less rosy than Florabotanica. I am greeted by a medicinal vibe (fig leaf, which cedar later replaces) in the top notes that sweetens (cardamom) towards the midnotes, but doesn't fully disappear. Reminds me of cough medicine for children. Rose and pink pepper become more pronounced in the midnotes, but to my nose cardamom remains the main attraction, although the two spices intertwine very nicely with each other. The bottom is woody, with patchouli and cedar being the more detectable notes.

On my skin Rosabotanica is an aromatic, green, and, later, woody mix. It's a nice fragrance for everyday and is comfortable to wear.

stelladoro
stelladoro

It's been years since I've found a fragrance that isn't fruity, gourmand or juvenile. I love the fragrance of certain roses, but very few rose perfumes. Rose is definitely the heart of this and the peppery, spicy notes make this rose burst into life. Not spectacular, but a welcome relief from what's been on the market lately. I use it for everyday wear. Sort of a ghost version of 'Rose Barbare' - now that's a rose!

JaiTee
JaiTee

Such a lovely, uplifting scent. The opening is more complex than the drydown, which is a green, almost lily of the valley-like scent on me. (My skin amplifies LOTV). Perfect for a morning/daytime pick-me-up.

LisaMari
LisaMari

the opening, for me, is strong honey&lemon, its like lockets actually, then later in the drydown there's dewy rose and clammy skin (I guess that's the cardomon?) its sexy and flirty in an understated way, which is the best way imo. The only minus for me is the honey-lemon, it stays throughout.. I would prefer if it didn't and for the fleshy rose to be more prominent and lose the honey.

Absinth_fairy
Absinth_fairy

Smells like vacation in Barcelona. My bf gone totally crazy after sniffing my neck. Soft but modern, unusual but good to work and very very dreamy. I love it.

Housebliss
Housebliss

I shoved my nose onto a woman's neck at work because she smelled so wonderful.

"Aaahh ROSABOTANICA!!!" I screamed into her ear, and then she slapped me. What a wonderful smellin' slap I must say.

After work we held hands and skipped off into the sunset.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Synthétique, mais je trouve plutôt bien. Plus doux et moins agressif que ce que j'aurais pensé.
Belle bouteille!

3,5/5

lilytrivette
lilytrivette

This scent is gorgeous. It falls on the hot side of scents but I love it because there is that hint of sweet too. The scent stays on me all day which is a plus. The size of the mini was perfect for my first purchase of this product and it fits nicely in a purse. I would recommend this.

sparkybish
sparkybish

I can't stop sniffing my arm where I sprayed this. I am thoroughly into the drydown of this fragrance for the second time and I have a hard time pulling out any particular notes, except a little patchouli. Really blended very well. Reminds me of a bathbomb from Lush. I will definitely give my sample a full use and then decide on purchase. Because I freaking love that bottle.

beautyhustler
beautyhustler

This scent wasn't re formulated. There is florabotanica and this one is rosabotanica. two different scents. I thought I was smelling a strong honey note but I guess its the fig in conjunction with other things that threw me off…very nice scent.

Lana148
Lana148

Very nice rose fragrance.

The sweet & fresh rose scent mixed with a lush green garden smell. The fig note is quite noticeable here.

Overall much nicer then Florabotanica, worth checking out.

Littlegrassstraw
Littlegrassstraw

I am almost addicted to the smell but do not like to wear it somehow - strange! It smells like fig powder but made of very fresh green figs. I love fresh figs! Well, at the same time it does not smell natural at all and here is where it gets really weird: in spite of that I just want to keep smelling it. Fresh and flowery in a very unusual way, like a flower invented in a lab. Notes do not stand out, it is a very unified scent. I can imagine some lovely decorative writing-paper smelling like this! Very linear in strength (a good moderate sillage) and notes. However, as much as I love the scent I seem to get tired of it when wearing it. Maybe this is rather a smell for things than persons? Or maybe it just lacks a more "natural" note to keep it grounded.
For a modern lady who loves fresh fig, likes something different fresh/flowery and who is up for something engineered rather than natural extracts.

Update: I had a very strange experience not long ago, when I realized something in my house which has a very similar scent (in a very mild version): my dishwashing detergent! How strange. It is one classy smelling dishwashing detergent, I say.

chrisndema
chrisndema

I'm sorry i can't. I sprayed this on and i wanted to gag. Too floral-sweet. To me its like the water that you had your flowers in for about 2 weeks in a vase. No can't do for me!

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

Ahh, such a refreshing smell. To me this is so much better than the earlier Florabotanica. And of course the bottle is adorable! I think this is a perfect summer scent with just the right touch of green and spice. I do not pick up on the rose at all, but it might be there somewhere. I only wish it lasted a bit longer. I am willing to accept shorter longevity though for such a lovely fragrance. I don't mind reapplying.

dsty
dsty

I was attracted to this in the store without having heard of it before, because I liked the bottle and the name. It sounds interesting: a botanical garden in Spain; I remember one of those from my holiday in Valencia, and it was lovely. I can't remember if it smelled anything like this, probably not, but I think I'll conveniently persuade myself that it did and remember it that way from now on, because I do love this scent.
I can't discern any notes, because as someone else has already mentioned it is very well mixed, but I get the impression of juicy greenness (??), a garden filled with lush plants and flowers, doused in honey. I know there's no honey in the notes, but that's the most dominant thing it reminds me of. It is very sweet in any case, but in a decidedly non-gourmand way, which is something different for me, and I must say I like it very much. No complaints on longevity or sillage.
I have some of my sample left, but I will buy a bottle of this some time in the future. I think it will be great year-round.

arenee92
arenee92

I love Florabotanica, which is odd for me since I'm a fruity floral and gourmand lover.

Rosabotanica is Florabotanica's older and more mysterious sister. This is less sweet than Florabotanica, more earthy, and woody. It's kind of "grassy" to my nose. A unique and beautiful scent in it's own right, it isn't my favorite, but I can, and do appreciate this fragrance.

Elmyra
Elmyra

In which country is this perfume available? Or which airport?

Is it available in Barcelona???
Please let me know...much appreciated :)

mattie
mattie

This perfume is the best I've ever worn. I simply can't get enough of it ! The top notes are sharp : fig leaves and pink pepper - it smells a little bit like honey on me and I think it's downright audacious. My nose itches a little bit. It's like coffee : a strong taste you get used to and you finally get addicted to. A few minutes after, the rose appears. It is not the rose you smell in Chloé, nor the one you smell in Lancôme's Trésor... It's the rose that grows in your garden, the real rose, that you smell with its foliage and its soil. Here, the spicy notes of the beginning take sense : they play the role of thorns. Finally, the only thing that disappoints me with this perfume is that it goes down way too quickly. It sticks really well to the skin, even after the shower in my case (!!) but there is no sillage, nobody else than me can enjoy the amazing experience this perfume is. But since I'm selfish, I'll keep on wearing it ;)

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

Absolutely not for me, and just so you know I love Florabotanica.

Must be the fig leaf, I excitedly sprayed this generously on a paper strip.
This hurt my nose, it was overly sharp, bitter and minty.
I know I should test it further on my skin, but i really don't fancy a round two gagfest with it.
This has only ever happened to me one time before and that was when I tested TM Womanity (which also has fig leaf).

angiebutterfly
angiebutterfly

GORGEOUS, in my opinion. A pleasant surprise for me, considering I genuinely did not like Florabotanica and thought it'd be too much of a powdery rose scent. It's not that in the slightest. It's very green and not what you'd expect at all.

But this is certainly a perfume that people will either like or dislike. Anything that's very green, earthy and spicy is what I believe to be an acquired taste. (Understandably, since not everyone wants to smell like hot dirt, steamy air and flowers. Haha!) I personally find it divine in its initial intrigue and ability to transform nicely on my skin. Firstly, I am hit with this unbelievably herbal, fresh, vibrant and spicy blend that I find intoxicating. A lot of people were right on the money in that it smells like a hothouse, or an open field after it rains, or how your hands smell after gardening. I truly cannot get enough of how it reminds me of my summers spent in the mountains. Or rainy afternoons on an otherwise nice day and the sun comes back out soon afterward. Simply beautiful.

After the dry down, the scent starts to change into something that is a little more generic, yet remains quite nice to me. It's still very warm and a little spicy from the pink pepper. I do find it to be much cleaner, tamer, a little creamy and sweet, and detect a slightly soapy impression once the strong herbal smell fades more. Admittedly, I was at first disappointed the smell that took my breath away faded into something that was safe. But I quickly changed my mind after I kept smelling my wrist or putting my head down my shirt to get a whiff of that clean comfort. I think Balenciaga took a daring scent and made it more modern and wearable for most people in the end. (A testament to Cristobal's style, if I do say so myself.) Adding to my theory is how surprisingly close this perfume sits to the skin. It has very moderate sillage.

Overall, I define this scent as being very clean, yet sexy and interesting. I see a very classy and modern lady wearing this. The description given this perfume is "Spicy. Beautiful. Dangerous." which is accurate. I would say it's "Earthy. Spicy. Fresh." LOVE!

silviaci
silviaci

The first few minutes of wearing this on my skin were simply flamboyant. An energizing, fresh and green rose with a modern twist.
Some compare it to Un Jardin en Mediterranée, so I tested the two together and found that Rosabotanica goes on greener and lighter, whereas the fig note in Un Jardin takes a bit too much center stage and gets stickly milky along the way, thus losing its balance.

Back to Rosabotanica, anyway, the fresh rose/herby combo (a herb that, although not listed, smells rather minty and fresh to me) reminded me of the beautiful Very Irresistible by Givenchy, but on a higher, more complex and polished plan. I especially love the sifting, interchangeable notes wafting now and then, some of red, slightly sour roses, some of herbs and fig leaves (the leaves - not the fruit), some of light fresh spices.

It definitely speaks French, mostly urban French with some naif Northern European accent.
But then...

After only twenty minutes or so, the fresh spicy notes begin to fade, an so does the rose.
What's left is plain, cheap, exact replica of L'erbolario Hedera: I can't distinguish the two!
Which is still a compliment, because Hedera is really lovely (although I can't figure any smell from Hedera-Ivy), but for the price of RosaBotanica, I get slightly disappointed.
I recommend you try it, and if you can't grab a bottle of Hedera, you won't regret buying this one.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Admirable scent of sweet briar flowers on me, fig leaf gives herbal - grassy fresh burst, with eyes closed not knowing its Balenciaga one I would vote for Hermes type of fragrance - very silky, urban image of perfect alien-faced woman. Without a shadow of a doubt - will be liked by many of us.

lucifera
lucifera

smells like those scented steam cabins

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

Pretty amazing. Smells like botanical garden full of exotic roses... Steamy air inside of a green house, mixed with a smell of damp soil. Because of that it sort of reminds me of Eden by Cacharel. But it's much more delicate, much more complex. Very floral, but in a good, realistic kind of way. Unusual for sure.
Face of the perfume, actress Kristen Stewart, does not suit to them at all. I'm so happy I tried them despite that.

Vintage_Kitten
Vintage_Kitten

While I was in Paris two Springs ago, I kept smelling this certain scent. I'm still not sure if it was the flowers, the perfume the women wore on the metro, or just hints of the unfamiliar smell of the Mediterranean. Almost immediately, it filled my heart with longing to emulate this feeling I had every time I caught the cool, complicated, yet fun, woodsy and floral scent.

On the last leg of my trip I bemoaned the fact that while I seemed to smell it everywhere, I went I had no idea how to find this quintessential perfume. A kind sister of a friend offered to take me shopping the morning of our flight home and I found Hermes 'Un Jardin En Mediterranee', which until now, brought me the closest to the perfume I had been looking for.

Fast forward two years, in which time I'd not stopped thinking about my trip and that amazing scent. I was at Sephora, thinking maybe I'd buy the not- quite-right Hermes again, but then saw the unusual Balenciaga bottle, covered in it's stripes and darkly erotic fairy tale flowers. On a whim, I took what I thought would be a casual sniff. Whoa. This was it. I turned to my husband, almost in tears, and told him "This, this! This is what Paris smells like".

LizzieBea
LizzieBea

I'm curious as to why they named this one Rosabotanica, because there is hardly any rose in it at all. If you ignore that, however, and judge it on its on merits, this is a great perfume. The fig leaf is most prominent to my nose, and it blends with the rest of the perfume's gard in a fascinating way. I find myself inhaling deeply throughout the day, and I only wish it lasted a bit longer.

myrna_minkoff
myrna_minkoff

Rosabotanica smells quite like raw spring honey (honey is harvested in spring, summer & late summer, each with a distinctively different smell and taste). Spring honey has a peppery green finish, like this lovely fresh scent.

But unlike many other Fragraticans below, I find ENORMOUS rose... but it is mingled with menthol, which obscures and complicates the rose.

Refreshing and unique, with huge interest.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

These are the notes that I can smell which are totally different to the ones in the pyramid and indeed in the description given by the perfume house itself.
The opening is a beautiful effervescent, lemony and grapefruit citrus which is enhanced by a herbal, almost pine like note further enhanced by a sweet woodyness. The grapefruit is slightly bitter and complements the peppery opening.
This is a gorgeous fresh start to a wonderful journey into a Spanish orchard in midsummer, when the fruit is ripe and ready for the picking and the smell of harvesting is in the air.
Rose??? I'm trying very hard to smell rose since I am a rose lover, (my perfume wardrobe should tell you that) but try as hard as I might, I cannot get a rose note.
The fact that there is no rose is not a problem to me as this perfume is astoundingly beautiful and I mean that in all sincerity.
This is a stunning fragrance! It surrounds you with the most discreet freshness and unique green aroma of spicy, herbal, citrus florals. It boarders on the sweet but misses it slightly. Indeed, the sweetness that I mention to you, may be misleading since this is a very natural sweetness and not at all sugary or synthetic.

One Fragrantican said that this is a complex perfume which needs handling well and I couldn't agree more. This is a complex and intoxicating journey which I am so glad to have taken and the memory of it will surely induce me to purchase a FB in the future.

cherie97
cherie97

It's a suprising creation, full of misunderstandings. The first thing you can get fooled by is it's name. The scent has NOTHING to do with rose. If there's a rose in Rosabotanica, it's an imaginary rose.

It opens up spicy and light, with a lot of cedar from the very beginning.
It's herbal-like, peppery-floral, that creates an image of rainy forest in your mind - a forest that is both sweltering and fresh, a forest filled with cedar wood scent and hybrid flowers.

As the time goes by, the cedar scent soaks with forest rain, and the fragrance becomes quiet and peaceful.

It's an unique creation, niche-like, very beautiful. Rosabotanica developes amazingly, and it's a pleasure to take this journey.

Although it is such pleasure to sniff, it's not so easy to wear. It needs a lot of courage and imagination. It's not an easy pick, I wouldn't wear this myself, but I definitely enjoy this creation, especially the drydown - it's almost magical.

It beats Florabotanica to me, I really can appreciate this masterpiece.
The bottle is beautiful too.
The only mistake is the name. It should be called like the previous scent (and Florabotanica smells like rose indeed, so they should just switch names).

maltatude
maltatude

I don't recommend buying this one blind. Contrary to what others have put here - the rose is barely there, if at all. I am unsure why people are getting a rose note when its more of a green, leafy floral note.

I found this to be sharp and it didn't improve as it continued. I think this will really be marvelous on others, but I don't see the connection between the name and the juice - roses dont take centre stage at all (I am a very big rose fan). Comments that it is fresh is on the mark, but rather than a aquatic/ozonic fresh it is a sharper, citrus mingling with green floral notes.

Definitely try it because I think some people will love this one to death, but rose afficionados may feel it falls short...

Ghosty
Ghosty

For the first couple of hours it smells exactly like Un Jardin En Mediterranee Hermes, but then very strony rose scent is noticeable. Good longevity, however sillage is quite poor - sits close to the skin.

Wonderfugl
Wonderfugl

I love Florabotanica and I loved the original bottle, but I do not care for this at all: neither scent nor bottle.

To me the scent is nothing but a blast of sweetly-green fig with citrus deep inside. I have still to wait for further drydown, but so far - 2 hours in - it's still just the fig and that sizzling sour thing deep at the back of my nose that is the citrus. I almost provokes saliva, like real lemon juice does as you squeeze it. Not pleasant to me at all. And I am a lemon lover.

Also: I get absolutely no rose. At all. Nothing rosy at all, in fact. So the name comfuses me a lot, too.

Elenany
Elenany

The bottle is amazing and I loved Florabotanica already - so I had to try it out. What I loved about Florabotanica was that it did not have this mainstream touch to it. unfortunately Rosabotanica does have it…I can't really say what it is, but it might be just the green notes in the beginning that ruined it for me..well, anyways, I might give it another try, I guess I was expecting something more risky from Balenciaga here.

lovescents999
lovescents999

I feel so lucky that my skin chemistry gets the best out of this gorgeous scent! It's blasting with the sweet pepper in the opening, with a little bit of rose right behind it. Yes, it is green. Green fig leaves, which I love. It lasts on me all day and I keep getting compliments for hours from both men and women. Sillage is amazing! I really didn't expect this fragrance to be as beautiful, especially after trying Florabotanica which wasn't impressive at all. Rosabotanica is fresh and spicy at the same time, and very feminine.

When I saw THIS bottle, I had to try it:)
Unfortunately, scent is very greenish. I can smell mostly green leaves, grass, and something quite bitter.
However, my skin is totally incompatible with pure green scents. So, if you like green scents, try it. I really envy anyone who has skin chemistry for this fragrance. Because of this gorgeous bottle, of course!

pauluch3
pauluch3

This is one of the most interesting fragrances that have been released recently. Yet, interesting does not necessarily mean pleasant. Unfortunately, the petit grain ruined it for me again.
By no means is this composition mainstream. It is ideal for daring individuals who love standing out, but at the same time want a subtle office-friendly edt for the warmer months.

marcnatandcat
marcnatandcat

I’m in love with this scent. I MAYBE bought the full-size in between writing this post and editing. In bottle it smells exactly like Florabotanica which I hated, but on skin it’s completely different. It’s a nice even mix of fig and rose. It’s not my favorite tea rose. It’s more like a Damask Rose absolute. This scent is a combo of Imogen Rose by Lush and Philosykos by Diptyque. This all sits on top of a beautiful woodsy middle featuring vetiver. I always thought I didn’t like vetiver, but it works beautifully in this scent. It’s a strong scent with moderate to soft sillage so it’s perfect for work and other places where humans gather.
tl;dr: 5/5 woodsy and deep rose/fig scent.

Marie76
Marie76

This opens quite rosy and powdery on me, and it has a vintage feel to it that's left me thinking " where have I smelled this before?" However, it dries down with hyacinth and ?tea.?lavender... Not sure but something that my nose can not tolerate...I love florabotanica, despite its lack of " personality", this has more character, but it nauseates me, oh well...

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Rosabotanica strikes me as "upbeat". A fragrance only a woman of confidence can wear without conflict. Rosabotanica is sexy, daring and audacious. Unlike the obnoxious, green, horrid Florabotanica. For some reason, I'm vaguely reminded of Kilian's Back To Black Aphrodisiac. Considerably because I keep thinking I'm smelling honey. Balenciaga's "experimental rose" is the key note, but it is the hyacinth which gives it body. Rosabotanica is better figured with more structure. Dare to be different and turn heads with Rosabotanica.

I can understand why many are disappointed with this fragrance, but Balenciaga is now distributed by Coty Prestige. Although you can't expect anything luxury grade from this company, Rosabotanica isn't nearly as "mass market" as Philosophy or the Vera Wang Princess line.

The bottle is as pretty as the juice inside, and mainstream perfumery is doing just fine with that creation!! I like it, better than the first one, this is very fresh, very nice, dewey flowers, a rose scent, elegant, as nice as a stroll in a French garden in April..of course it isn't wayyy different than lots of pretty scents out there.,it isn't trying to be a masterpiece, simply a nice stylish fresh floral..I can see myself wearing it.. Lots... I get a hint of mint freshness mingled in the floral notes.
It is of course a perfume that can reach to any age group, and is easy to wear, and nothing wrong with it!! I am not asking my perfumes to stimulate my intellect really, simply to smell very pretty, and feminine.Rosabotanica does the trick..

Little if any plant life appears to have been sacrificed in the production of this perfume. I was not a fan of the original Florabotanica, which seemed like a cruel joke. Botanical? What? This flanker has a marked fig note and a lot of abstract greenishness. There's not a lot of rose going on here--whether abstract or natural--and the sinus clearing effect suggests the presence of a healthy (or not...) dose of iso-E-super.

It's okay, I suppose. Time to face the facts: this is the future of mainstream perfumery. When people will buy and even praise to high heavens this sort of juice, what motivation can a perfume industry executive have for returning to the good old days?

Personally, I find the bottle hideous, but it does seem to match the contents to some extent.

velveteenbloom
velveteenbloom

Spraying this perfume on is like stepping into a greenhouse overcrowded with lianas and creeping vines and the occasional tropical bird-of-paradise. You can really smell the wood in this, the bark of trees. If you can imagine, it's like opening up an encyclopaedia on plants. Having said all that, though, I actually really like it. It's innovative and creative, a different take on modernity.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Balenciaga Rosabotanica opens with a fair amount of mint and green elements, which made me believe that it would be cool and green, like its predecessor, Florabotanica. But, no. When other notes from the heart and base start to unfold, Rosabotanica shows a warmer personality. I actually am not able to pick out individual notes in Rosabotanica. But for the first two hours of the development of the fragrance, the blend of which I believe is from rose, fig, citrus and some spices, makes me think of an over ripened melon on the verge of decaying. This luscious sweetness, while not necessarily being repellant, is uncommon for me in a fragrance.

Later on, this sweetness smoothens more and more, and keeps away from the previous melon association for me. I then can get rose and fig more easily. But the woody notes are never prominent, maybe a smidgen of vetiver and amber, just to keep the base.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity is around 10 hours. I have to admit that I prefer Florabotanica for its cool, green aura. But at the same time, Rosabotanica, being warmer, might appeal to those who find Florabotanica too cold. However, I strongly suggest sampling before buying, no matter how attractive the bottle can be.

Tovah
Tovah

I agree about the harsh opening, which is overwhelmingly minty and quite bitter on my skin. It's a strange fragrance; reminiscent of something that would be created by Strange Invisible Perfumes. In fact...it calls to mind Lyric Rain. After a few minutes this is one interesting fragrance. It really does smell a bit exotic and "dangerous" and whatever rose that "experimental" one is, it's intriguing.

I cannot fathom my nose getting "Chance" notes from this...but Chance is different on me from the way many people perceive it. Chance is a vanilla Oriental on my skin, and the green notes never really take center stage. If you get a lot of green notes in Chance than you may think it is similar to Rosabotanica, (which is a compliment, in my opinion).

Rosabotanica reminds me of a couple of different fragrances until it mellows into "itself". At first, it's very much like Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint. It's damp, cool, and, bitter. My nose doesn't pick out grapefruit as a single note, but I can sense that it's supporting the clarity of other notes. Hyacinth is the predominant floral here, but it's almost a "poisoned" flower (in a good way). I think the strange rose notes, blended with cardamom, are responsible for the mysterious change in hyacinth's usual personality. It's fascinating how this scent starts so incredibly fresh and green, then does a 180 and morphs into a nearly tropical, warm, haunting fragrance.

Even if the scent is unappealing to many, I like it because it's DIFFERENT from the endless array of new fragrances released over the last decade, that instantaneously have been forgotten with one sniff. In truth, this is not my idea of a masterpiece. If nothing else its appeal can come from the fact that it is quite recognizable!

Debsmellsgood
Debsmellsgood

I understand the dislikes for this; I didn't like it either when I tested it. The opening is so harsh, not floral, not sweet--I don't know what it is but I don't care for it. However, upon drydown, a softer, powdery, very unique element came into play. Something told me to mix it with another scent; (I don't know why I don't do this more often with other fragrances.)I have Jour d'Hermes, so based upon antonpan's comment below that this shares similarities with that fragrance, I spritzed that on top of Rosabotanica and the two melded together so beautifully. The soft florals in Jour d'Hermes softened the pink pepper plus fig element of Rosabotanica which are the ingredients I think aren't working for me. The drydown of these two meshed together is so nice, very comforting, very pretty, very different. I have to admit I will not wear this on it's own, but layered with the right scent for your taste, it can turn into a beautiful, true, one-of-a kind scent.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

This smells overly sharp and floral, it actually reminds me of a scent that was used in fake tanning lotion to cover the smell of the DHA. Not a fan

jaylim87
jaylim87

This smells very fresh. I love this one.

Timetoski
Timetoski

Does not smell like chanel chance. Does smell like hermes un jardin en mediterranee. Beautiful.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

Not a safe blind buy. I strongly recommend trying this first. This was at my local Sephora yesterday. I agree with Almarie that it smells like baby desitin ointment. I strongly disagree with the comment that this smells like Chanel's Chance. If it did, I wouldn't have bought Chance yesterday.

antonpan
antonpan

Rosabotanica is a beautiful fragrance. As a predecessor (Florabotanica) it tells the story of a green rose, but now in an absolutely another manner. While Florabotanica is strong and even sultry rose, Rosabotanica is lighter, ethereal lemony rose on a green base with a warm honeyed opening. The sad thing the fragrance is not very distinctive, it contains so much of Hermes DNA inside and reminds of Jour d'Hermes and some of Jardin's.

rockegg
rockegg

Two fragrances with similar bottles from the same company - one has a strong, lasting rose component, and one has just a hint of rose with more green spiciness and wood. One is called Florabotanica and one is called Rosabotanica. Wouldn't you expect the one called Rosabotanica to have the stronger rose scent? I would! But it's the exact opposite.

Rosabotanica is lovely. I don't own it so I haven't lived with it yet but I would like to. I'll probably give myself a spray every time I go through Nordstrom. The heart reminded me, oddly, of import stores where they carry interesting things made of rattan and carved wood. It starts quite fresh and green.

alysiat
alysiat

Decent longevity and enough sillage to be noticeable, but not knock people out. This smells very similar to Chanel Chance to me except Rosabotanica has more rose. On me, this starts with a strong powdery rose then quickly dries down into a strong patchouli & pink pepper spiciness with a pleasant rose background. A far more sparkling scent then most in the "rose" genre and more complex. I'm just not sure if this scent justifies it's price tag yet.

prettyswag

I been wearing this and the more I wear it the scent is even more lovely....the first one has a really dusky old musky rose cheap smelling dry down...this is young, fresh, green , floral and fresh spring and very femme...this is far from any type of baby products...mentioned below...

almarie
almarie

We finally got this at our store (Lord & Taylor) and I can't say that I like it. I much prefer the original over this one. It reminds me of baby desitin ointment, LOL.

I also like it better than the original, Rosabotanica is fresh, dewy green scent, pretty, and I would think quite pleasant to wear in spring and summer...
It is unfortunately quite light, and disappears quickly from my skin..I don't think I would purchase it for myself, but I wouldn't mind wearing it..the Rose is subtle in the background, I cant say I detect any fig really.. Also there is a green vibe quite present, fresh also..
It isn't groundbreaking, there are lots of fresh scents like it..but it is in its category pleasant..

prettyswag

This is so inviting, fresh, beautiful and pretty....wayy better than the first one..no doubt ..its that after shower come here clean...if your looking for fresh..this is def it! i will rebuy once i run out!

prettyswag

coming in international stores feb...

nayab153
nayab153

Any news on a UK release guys? (other than airports) lol

prettyswag

i didnt care for the first one..the drydown was very soapy rose cheap smell...but this is more my like a love..very fresh very femme without the over done rose.

prettyswag

i got this for christmas!!! love!

AmoreProfumi

This is beyond beautiful, I received my samples of this in the mail today...I did a spray on my wrist && immediately took a liking to it. If your expecting something super rosy then you will be surprised this is not the giant rose bomb you'd perceive it to be, instead you get a lovely delicate citrusy-green scent with a splash of rose && a hint of spice, you can really detect the fig and grapefruit at first then as it dries down the rose subtly breaks through, nicely done, thank you for not drowning us in a sea of just rose. I will say this is lighter then most of Balenciaga's previous (surely not as pronounced as it's sister flora, which that wasn't a diss b/c I do love Flora) && having tested this on my skin I feel it just doesn't last as long as I'd like it to...but I guess it's ok, It sillage is pretty decent though. I like this but not enough to own, I think I like Flora better, It's an intriguing magical scent well worthy of owning, pretty decent for the fall to the spring but I think it be ok on a cool summer night too, && THAT BOTTLE GIRL!! you see that bottle, I do like that bottle way better, decent pretty scent, give it a try. :)

Overall: 8/10

Christine 78
Christine 78

Want to try this now!! :-P

QueenZoila
QueenZoila

Rosabotanica is exquisite. Got it yesterday. Wearing it today. I cannot get enough of it. Truly a magical garden in which you are enveloped in a veil of exotic flowers. I am delighted! Completely different from Florabotanica; however, I do love them both.

AmoreProfumi

If anyone is having trouble finding this, right now they have it on Neiman Markup, excuse me Marcus.com 3.4oz only (no smaller sizes?!) for $130. EEK! lol Hope that Helps! Someone please buy it && review or go test it so we know if it's worthy or not, lol! :D

Update: Ope NVM they do have a 1.7oz ($100), when I googled it I think it just took me to the page with the larger size, my mistake I see some ppl thumbed my comment down for that :P

Update (12/15): Just ordered samples of this off ebay ($13 for 4 samples)...IKR! so I can try it out, will write a detailed review when I test it out, I have to see for myself if I'll like it enough or not to get it. :)

Spikekuji
Spikekuji

Where are they hiding this frangrance? It's not at Sephora, Nordstroms or Belk. The bottle looks beautiful!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Balenciaga Rosabotanica fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Balenciaga Rosabotanica, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rosabotanica by Balenciaga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rosabotanica by Balenciaga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.