Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Banana Republic W Banana Republic for women

Banana Republic W Banana Republic for women
dislike

Banana Republic W Banana Republic for women Pictures

Banana Republic is a fragrance of white flowers with neighbouring green notes. This fresh, unintrusive fragrance for romantic mood is appropriate for daily use. Banana Republic W was launched in 1995.

Almost Bare
Classic
Les Petites
Masaki Shiro
Biografia

Banana Republic W Fragrance Reviews

klgoodell
klgoodell

Bought this to wear to work as a light floral. Turns out it is all baby powder... not offensive but much too powdery for my liking.

meow_83
meow_83

I bought this in a two pack. I enjoyed one and am about to pass the other along. W is very clean but not too soapy or powdery. The base never warms up or becomes spicy. It's a watery floral. Think lilac, green leaves, and wood after a rain. W stays cool from beginning to end. My favorite use for W was spritzing myself before bed. It would be excellent for an after shower cologne as well. Perfumes don't get much fresher than this.

alemaiden
alemaiden

Me lo regalo mi tia y es lo mismo que el Biografía de Natura!!! que no llegue a terminar un frasco.... lo regale no es mas que algo verde y fresco... muy comun. No lo recomiendo.

Jenni-007
Jenni-007

I purchased a duo of these without smelling them first. I just assumed I would like it as my boyfriend has a mens BR scent that is to die for. I ended up selling them both because to me this smells like soap.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Banana Republic W is a very clean, versatile fragrance that is ideal for daily wear. I found the note pyramid listed in an article about the release of W and its counterpart M. The notes are as follows:

"top notes of sparkling citrus, wet green leaves and pink grapefruit. Mid notes will consist of honeysuckle, white magnolia and water lily and end with dry notes of amber, sexy musk and blonde woods."

I definitely get the citrus, notably the grapefruit, the water lily, the crispness of the wet green leaves, and maybe a pink of magnolia. There's an overall clean and casual feel to W, slightly generic, but still good.

I_miss_Cherie
I_miss_Cherie

I noticed that one of my colleague always smelled like she just got out of the shower. Her office had a lingering clean,very pleasan and fresh scent and one day I asked her what she was wearing that smelled so wonderful. She said "Women" by BR. Although it is not my most favorite fragrance but I really like the freshness that lasts a long time.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

I love lily of the valley and this is such a clean scent- but it disappears so quickly! Good thing TJ Maxx sells 2pk/$20 or I wouldn't say this is worth it.

pravda48
pravda48

Lack of the note structure does make it a bit hard to decide if you'll like it, hm?

(see stacia79's, below for the notes)

I GET: Lots of lily of the valley, bergamot, and gently aquatic water lily. Also a touch of honeysuckle adding just the tiniest bit of natural floral sweetness.

Mostly it's a surprisingly smooth LILY OF THE VALLEY + WATER LILY. This does make it have a 'soapy' impression, but it is lovely, clean, and smooth.

I generally don't like LotV or aquatics so I don't think it's for me, but I am happy I can finally at least see the beauty of a LotV prominent scent! :D

Scout
Scout

Ick. Sprayed and was initially excited. The first five minutes were a delicious clean smooth soap. Almost instantly in the first hour it has stayed "clean," but is instead Comet cleanser, an abrasive bleach- antiseptic- powder. Powder, powder, loud "Pleasures-ish" clean powder. Scrub-a-dub-dub, off I go to the tub.

PinkPlaid
PinkPlaid

Got one as a present from my aunt so I was so excited to try it knowing that she really has good taste in perfumes. I took a sniff from the bottle and all I got was water based BUG spray yet I decided to spray some on my wrist and left it on for a few minutes. Usually the drydown turns to something better but this one just got worse and actually smelled like an anti-itch lotion. I'm definitely giving this bottle away.

kattleia
kattleia

the initial spritz though may appeal weird, but the drydown is SO AMAZING!! ..fresh, clean, feminine and elegant. it also has good longevity on my skin. i'm in love with this perfume! =)

Lara517
Lara517

A very clean scent. Also very innocuous, it shouldn't be offensive to most peoples noses. It's clean and fresh smelling.

natluvly
natluvly

I finally purchased this today after many times seeing it at Marshall's and TJMaxx, today I finally took the plunge and I'm glad I did. I purchased BR Classic about 2 years ago and have been eyeing this one since realizing I liked Classic. So, recently I made up my mind that the next time I saw it I would get it. Ok so this is the clean floral I have been searching for that is wearable in most situations. The scent is simple but its simplicity is what makes it special.

This is one of those scents that's no fuss but so feminine and clean smelling. This is a happy scent...I've only tested it the past few hours since purchasing it but I have already added it to my favorites. This is well blended and great for those who love simple florals that just make you feel pretty. This is a scent you'd wear to meet your boyfriend's parents or just a situation where you want to be taken seriously while appearing feminine but still has an element of fun bright happiness! I'm really liking this and am very happy I got it!

Edit: Ok yes this is the the simple pretty clean floral I have been craving and searching for! "W" is not "too" anything it's just woman. Not too floral, too sweet, too sexy, just perfect. Realizing that sprayed on clothes this lasts long...a lot longer than Classic even though I still like that one. Perfect!!

lcommisso
lcommisso

This was a cheap TJMaxx buy. I purchased it from looking at the reviews here. I like this as a casual work fragrance, or as a oops, I just ran out of the house to run an errand and didn't have time to shower kind of spray. It does smell like strong cleaner when first sprayed, but give it a minute or so and it will be pleasant, not offensive, and clean.

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

I am so dissapointed with this! I can't believe no one is getting a windex smell? I was really looking forward to this, I love fresh scents, even soap,fresh linen scents, but this is just so chemically, like window cleaner! I'm gonna give it a chance still but I am dissapointed, as I really thought I would love this. I recently did an online shop and got w, Hallie berry and Kylie couture and I gotta say I'm least impressed with this one. I'm not trying to insult anyone who likes this, honest I'm jealous of people who love this perfume, I just can't get windex out my mind :( I think there is still a way I may be able to like this, I really love the concept, I guess I was expecting more of a pure grace kinda soapy, clean scent.

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

I just LOVE this! Totally not my usual kind of fragrance, so clean, green & fresh with a sweet powderyness (the sandalwood?) that is just gorgeous. Bought a bottle for my sis-in-law last Xmas and when I saw her recently, I was sniffing the air - wow what are you wearing, its lovely? Guess what? It was this! So I am now the proud owner of a bottle and mmmmm its yummy. Grassy, summery & clean......

Edit: Really - those who dismiss this as 'ordinary' at first sniff (also try on skin rather than sniff from the bottle) should give this another try. I usually fall in love with scents so quickly & tire of them equally quickly - but this - it grows on me more & more everyday & it lasts ALL day. I got back from work the other day, changed to take the dog out & my husband asked why I had sprayed myself! I hadn't since 8.30am! The drydown is sweeter & muskier than the opening notes, rather like a very good quality body lotion in a 'your skin but better' kind of a way.......so good! Fantastic on hot summer days.

biji
biji

The same perfume but for Men is missing from this site. Someone post it please! I had it and I really liked it.

stacia79
stacia79

Top Notes: Bergamot, Clementine, Honeysuckle

Heart Notes: Lily of the Valley, Waterlily, Green Leaves

Base Notes: Mahogany, Amber, White Musk

When first sprayed, W reminds me quite strongly of dish detergent, maybe Palmolive or Dawn?? It must be the citrus, but it's more like a white bar of orange scented soap rather than an actual piece of fruit.

After about an hour, the soapiness fades into the background but never disappears completely. I mostly smell the green leaves and bergamot, maybe some synthetic lily of the valley.

I could see how this would be a clean, fresh, inoffensive work cologne for many. Not really my bag. I like something with a bit more sex appeal, even for day to day life.

Tania1234
Tania1234

It was a blind buy online smells clean and fresh just as if you had taken a shower! this perfume is good for when I am so busy at home cooking and have to pop out to the shops or pick up the kids from school I definitely don't wanna smell FOOD and OIL so I spray it on but what i like the most is that is not very overpowering and strong as I wouldn't want to walk through the playground and having the other mums noticing me and it tends to fade a bit leaving you with a soapy smell, so yeah I guess is ok for me on busy times.

aficionada
aficionada

Crisp, fresh, clean. Very summery. Pretty much casual and inoffensive. Not too much, not too little. Makes me feel happy.

basgam
basgam

Fresh and clean with notes of waterlily and lily of the valley, reminds me of summer days. Safe to wear, inoffensive but nothing special really. It didn't work well with my warm chemistry so I gave almost a full bottle to my work colleague who seemed to love it.

Jama4
Jama4

Where is Banana Republic M Cologne for Men on Fragrantica?

skiwi23
skiwi23

very clean and fresh ~ used to wear this alot my freshmen and sephmore year of highschool :)

jacquelinemay9
jacquelinemay9

Sprayed this on my jacket and scarf while at a BR store shopping. Liked it, but not enough to buy it at the time. Threw on my jacket and scarf the next day- smelled it again and HAD to have it!! It's a very clean, green, fresh scent. Perfect for work, as a lot of other reviewers have mentioned. Glad I found it online. $15.00 on Amazon. Good scent for spring/summer.

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

I would always overlook this at Marshall's and TJ Maxx. Would see it all the time, but one day I got curious and started looking up the reviews. Reviews are mixed. I took the chance and decided to blind buy it. I am so glad that I did. It smells so fresh and clean. Like I just got out of the shower. It really does smell like an expensive soap. This is an every day, non offensive smell. I am very impressed with it's longevity and sillage, it really lasts. Got it at a fantastic price too, it had a double pack for 1.7 oz each for only $20, that's a steal. Now I think I will get the Classic also. Now the only downside is it has a strange annoying smell when you first spray, but it goes away fairly quickly, so wait for the drydown before you judge. I wish I would have bought this sooner, Love!

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

Clean, green and fresh. Very light but still has a "presence". I can see this on a professional, feminine woman, a classic ingenue, with a minimalist style. This is for the woman who is always immaculately put-together. Her hair is well-groomed and she has perfectly ironed black slacks, a crisp white shirt tucked underneath a blazer, and minimal jewelry. She doesn't fall for trends and she knows that you don't have to make a loud statement to be noticed.

A lot of people ask what a good perfume to wear to an interview is - this one! It's crisp and professional, light and not at all obtrusive. Doesn't last long on my skin but sprayed on my clothes this lasts all day.

seneca
seneca

Clean, sharp and green scent. I keep a couple bottles of this on hand, afraid they will end it. It leaves a soapy, watery, green-hay smell on my skin that draws people near me.

Stays very close to my skin. Great for crowded hot rooms as it's never cloying, you don't inhale and get a gagging mouthful.

Never fails when I am wearing W that someone will sniff me twice and say ooo you smell so good. When a scent can make a person sniff towards you and ask you what you are wearing - it's OK in my book.

I gather little pups along the way with this one. Nothing special just a good clean scent.

cinema1974
cinema1974

Very Clean scent purchased at the BR store... I think it smells like real clean flower soap! it like fresh out of shower in a clean way... If you have a job where your not allowed to wear fragrance this one you can say i just walked out of shower... Very clean and fresh up beat scent...like it but will not buy it again for the price. Oh my sister found it in Marshalls for like $20 and I purchased it full price... so not bad if you can find it cheaper...

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Best blind buy in a while. Smells fantastic clean fresh kind of soapy. I glad i took a chance and purchased this. I can see myself using this while in vacation in the hot summer days. I don't own that many fresh out if the shower scent and lately with this hot weather i've beeb craving it. The scent is floral feminine a bit powdery not sweet which i like. Sometimes I get perfume fatigue specially with the uber sweet scent these days. It's quite a charming scent almost innocent, angelic but it's flirty in that it makes one approachable. The floral aspect is very noticeable too. I would say lily is the most pronounced note. This scent also help lift my mood is quite a happy sunny sumerish scent. Another thing I like about it is that is quite innexpensive I got two 1.7 oz for 19.99. The bottle is a good size to carry on vacation or in your pocketbook. Thus is different from other scents in my collection. This will be great for everyday wear running errands. It will be my security blanket when it gets scorching hot. If you don't like clean scents then stay away from this one.

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

Fresh strong clean scent, I agree it is like a bug spray, almost like OFF. Unfortunately to me it just does not have a base note. I cannot smell any floral scent at all. The longevity is good.

cikonan
cikonan

As others said, this perfume is clean & fresh. Yes, definitely! I love the smell. Make me feel comfortable during hot weather.

hockeygirl256
hockeygirl256

Very fresh and clean. Great for when I want to give off a professional aura.

xinyi
xinyi

Quite a sharp smell at the beginning (5mins), then it dried down to a super clean (a bit floral) scent. LOVING IT!!!

WOODSL27
WOODSL27

Everyday perfume for sure. Clean, clean, clean. And I love the smell of clean! Nothings fighting for pole position in this scent, no note seems to overpower another. I find this lovely.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

as others noted, there is a strange repulsive note that disapears after some time. anyway, not for me.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Thought this a fresh fragrance, but how wrong I was! For me this is kind of serious perfume, firm and there is a note in this perfume which a bit annoyed me (dunno what it is). But the longevity is good!

madhatter1
madhatter1

Tried tester recently. Fresh watery note, it was just ok to me. Wouldnt buy for my personal use however others I am sure like.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I got this today and it smells good it is floral a bit but very sweet as it develops and it doesn't smell like any other frag I have so to me it's a keeper and I got 2 1.7oz bottles together on clearance for $16.00 Smells kind of summery to me now that I am sitting here typing and smelling it.I like this one!

araaustria
araaustria

kinda disappointed. when a salesman spray it on a paper i thought the scent really fits me. because of my excitement, in short i bought the perfume. but sadly after testing it on me, i can say that it doesn't really my scent. not so perfect as i expected. for those who doesn't like sweet, citrus scent u will definitely like it. i can say it's just like a baby powder scent.

cisco
cisco

I can fully appreciate why one reviewer referred to this as bug spray. When I first apply and for maybe 30 minutes out, it does smell like OFF After that it calms down to a pleasant floral fragrance. I will not buy it again but will use what I have in a very judicious way. Too much on application will assault my nose. Perhaps the other reviewer and I both have the same body chemistry that created the OFF smell. I don't know.

Update: I timed the dry down between OFF and pleasant floral. It took twenty five minutes. Clearly, I could not reapply in public because upon initial application I would not only drive off mosquitos but also anyone near me.

I envy all of you this does not happen to. Again, I am foiled by my capricious body chemistry.

Lydiamarine
Lydiamarine

I was kinda disappointed when I smelled it first (which was a blind buy again), too strong floral green scent for me... Then I tried to find a way to use it till today. I layer it with Noa Fleur and I think I smell really nice and clean, like "just out of shower".
Overall I am happy with it now, it is energetic and modern and clean. Very safe for office.

PS: I think it reminds me of Gucci Envy.

Edit: Great sillage!

littlerayray77
littlerayray77

HOLY CRAP. I can't believe people like this. I never really got what people meant when they said a perfume smelt like bug spray. This is straight up weird and bug spray smelling. Its not sexy or fresh its annoying and chemically.

Anahi
Anahi

I wouldnt have ever suspected that i'd like a Banana Republic fragrance, but when I smelt this, i just loved it. It's so soft and clean; everytime I spritz some on I feel so revived and cheerful; you could wear it everyday or even at a dinner as it has a pinch of elegance to it and I must say it's very long-lasting. It actually smells more like a Floral Woody Musk, rather than just a floral, based on the notes:

Top Notes: Bergamot, Clementine, Honeysuckle

Heart Notes: Lily of the Valley (Muguet), Waterlily, Leaves (green)

Base Notes: Mahogany, Amber, White Musk

mwater1
mwater1

Strangely, I like Banana Republic's W perfume. The opening is herbal like a mixture of sage or rosemary along with a soft powdery fragrance. The middle note seems to revolve around white flowers and water lily. The drydown is soft musk and probably sandalwood. It smells clean and refreshing, like you just stepped out of a shower. It's a keeper for me!

lucy xie
lucy xie

i only use it when i go to swim

pinkcatfurr
pinkcatfurr

I use this to freshen the room, especially sheets and pillows.
It smells clean and linen fresh to me. This is what you would wear on a sailing boat or on the beach. Very refreshing and light. I can't wear it on me because if feel it is too light and breezy and doesn't seem to fit me.

yimar
yimar

This Perfume is PERFECT sweet and clean, it's the only perfume that i have used and received compliments :)

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

This perfume is clean and fresh. Unfortunately, there is nothing new or different with this scent-it does little to distinguish itself. I find myself wearing this perfume in the springtime because of its green notes. Not sure it is full bottle worthy, however.

Banana Republic W by Banana Republic 3.49 out of 5 based on 220 ratings and 48 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Banana Republic Banana Republic W fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Banana Republic Banana Republic W, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Banana Republic W by Banana Republic. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Banana Republic W by Banana Republic represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.