Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Republic of Women Banana Republic for women

Republic of Women Banana Republic for women
dislike

Republic of Women Banana Republic for women Pictures

Banana Republic launched a fragrant duo named Republic Collection, which is the first pair launched under the purview of Simon Kneen.

Rebublic of Men and Republic of Women arrived on the market in September 2009 in over 500 stores (450 US and 50 international stores).

Republic of Women was created by Harry Fremont of Firmenich from the notes of sweet osmanthus, litchi and bergamot at the top, with the heart of peony, pink jasmine and Moroccan rose. The base is composed of musk and noble wood. The bottle is cylindrical – shaped, made out of glass in the color of plum with a hand – polished metal stopper. It will be available in 50 ml bottles.

Osmanthus Bergamot Litchi

Peony Jasmine Rose

Woodsy Notes Musk

Kate by Kate Moss Luxury Edition

Republic of Women Fragrance Reviews

Martaynd

Sniffed in store while shopping with girlfriend, Christmas 2013. Commented that I liked it and she bought it for me as a spontaneous gift. "No problem", I'm thinking, "I can add 1 more bottle to my over 200+ perfume collection." This one grew on me over the past year. It is a comforting, pleasant scent. I agree it would be good for the office. It is not one in my heavy rotation list, but when I choose to wear it, I'm never disappointed. I wear it daytime and bedtime. It seems better suited to colder weather, but I've also worn it in warmer weather.

Just visited a BR (2/2015) yesterday and this bottle was not among the selections. If it has been discontinued, I'm even happier that I got the chance to know her and she is on her way to becoming rare.

aztzura
aztzura

Lovely scent. I can smell the rose which reminds me of Stella McCartney.

Silences
Silences

This was a very pleasant surprise to me. I bought the large bottle at TJMaxx for 19.99 so I didn't have high expectations but this is certainly a Harry Fremont to me, more Harry, less Banana Republic. I live above a BR store and personally I don't find it smells like the store as previously mentioned. This fragrance does last but it is a very quitet well balanced fragrance. It is a fresh, floral musk that is also office friendly.

I had ,it it is pleasant enough,fresh and musky, but a bit anonymous, like I didn't feel it smelled very attractive...and after a couple hours, fades away..nice, but very forgettable to my nose..but if you like soft clean scents, this would work nicely..no big waow with it though...

rjpabalate
rjpabalate

as a perfume collector, my auntie gave this to me and i got really happy! i was glad to add something new to my collection. smells very sophisticated but casual. it has a slight warm musk good smell to it with a dash of fruit untertone. good for a eau de toilette!

Martaynd

A great casual to dressy scent. Fun, vibrant. It feels bright and spunky, feminine, pretty.

Layzie
Layzie

A friend of mine flew into town to attend our mutual friend's wedding this weekend. She wore this perfume, and I had to admit to her that it was sexy and elegant, which was aberrant because we're very much like siblings who constantly make fun of each other.

Republic of Women is a delicate floral with a hint of sweetness. She picked it up on a whim, claiming that it was spicier than what she normally wears, but she really liked it at first sniff. For me, the rose, peony, and lychee notes are prominent and beautiful. Sillage is great for the first two hours, then it is more of a skin scent. We were still able to smell it on her arms at the end of the night. This works well for both of us, as we don't like strong perfumes.

This fragrance was a lovely surprise this weekend. Republic of Women is a beautiful floral fragrance that is elegant and makes you feel classic. Try it out and let a man catch a whiff...he'll follow you like a bee.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I got small spray because it was on sale at BR store. Best way to describe it-musky fruity scent with rose notes. I think of this as "mature" fruity scent. I like it but I am not blown away by it and I find the lasting power very poor

evacecilias
evacecilias

Ihad never heard of this one, when I was asked if I WANTED it, ok sounds nice enough...by notes.
First I thought it resembles Kate Moss Kate moss, the pink black lid one, and top notes do and notes overall are similar. This goes into a very lovely rose in the heart and has avery nice woody and slightly soapy base. I enjoy wearing it, thanks Miguel for letting me have it.
It is in the same cathegory as, this mentioned Kate Moss, SJP Lovely and CLEANs Skin. Very nice soft and delicate skinscent to wear on an everyday basis, if thats your thing.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I liked this perfume when I first sprayed it on my hand. It was surprisingly rich with rich florals and a honey-like undertone. I immediately thought of For Her by Narciso Rodriguez. Although they don't necessarily smell the same, they have a similar "feel" to them.

The issue I have with this perfume is that hours later after I had left the store, I sniffed my hand, and it smelled identical to the store itself, merchandise and all, like their own perfume mixed with the scent of brand-new cashmere and marino wool sweaters or something. It's uncanny! I wouldn't buy this because I would go crazy walking around all day smelling like a Banana Republic store! I didn't have this issue with the other perfume I sampled on the other hand.

I think the bottle is the most attractive one out of all of their women's fragrances.

Museumgal
Museumgal

The lychee and bergamot mixed with the musk causes a very interesting opening -- the bergamot is not so overwhelming a citrus as shows up in a lot of top notes and the sweetness of the lychee balances any sharpness. Certainly reasonably priced if you're looking for a fruity floral musk.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

My guy brought this home for me, out of the clear blue sky. I didn't love it at first, in the bottle it's a little too sporty. But it's grown on me. The litchi in the opening makes my mouth *water*. Mmm, it's so yummy. I wish I could detect it further in. Also, I search and search for the bergamot but it doesn't really show up for me. ::shrugs::

Overall, it smells very clean. The florals are soft and unique (not standard, and not overpowering), the woodsy note is just enough to give it some depth without weighing it down, and the fruit keeps everything juicy. I enjoy wearing this.

guest_Rome
guest_Rome

This is one of my favorite. It resembles the smell of bvulgari omni a crystalline.

Good for everyday wear. Very fresh and clean smell.

janudy
janudy

I liked this perfume--for the short amount of time it lasted on my skin. It reminded me of Sprite--I actually sneezed from the fizzy, slightly lemony opening. I also smelled some juicy, mouth-watering berry (litchi, I guess), and the dry down was all musk. I am disappointed that the berry stage was gone in a flash and after an hour I couldn't smell anything at all, even with all the spritzes I used.

Anahi
Anahi

Yet again, another gorgeous Banana Republic fragrance; it smells a tad fruity and a tad sweet; it reminds me of 'Magnifique by Lancome' with a little more musk. A great evening or work perfume. I would say it's a Floral Woody Musk!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Banana Republic Republic of Women fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Banana Republic Republic of Women, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Republic of Women by Banana Republic. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Republic of Women by Banana Republic represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.