Designers » B » Aromatic « Groups

Slate Banana Republic for men
dislike

leather
Slate Banana Republic for men Pictures

Slate by Banana Republic is a Aromatic fragrance for men. Slate was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Marc Chaillant. middle note is clary sage; base note is ginger.

Clary Sage

Ginger

Slate Fragrance Reviews

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

smelled this today....i smelled those very feminine floral notes reviewers mentioned...not interesting just didn't "wow" me...

Layzie
Layzie

Slate is a light, floral fragrance that feels more unisex than masculine. It begins with a fresh burst that brings me to an open field that is not too far from the sea. It settles down to a soft sweetness that is slightly fruity, but unfortunately quickly evanesces. "Gone in less than an hour" would be this movie tagline.

sparrow540
sparrow540

I got my EDT from the BR store. Unique design. Open a small wood box to reveal a small square glass bottle. The smell is very elegant, sophisticated, and subtle. A friend jokes calling it Jesus juice. Perfect scent to exude class without being too overpowering.

hornetz
hornetz

Slate is a clean fresh crisp scent that opens up with a grapefruit blast and has an almost mineral gem-like quality. The packaging/presentation is excellent, perfect for collectors and the bottle is nice. If you are new to fragrances this is a perfect one to start out with. I would say from teenagers up to 30 for a daily casual wear. Sadly it is harder to find and the ones that are available are at ridiculous prices.

sparris
sparris

After the initial sage note has evaporated there's nothing here to hold my interest, it dries down to something generic, inoffensive and reminiscent of a million other scents of recent years. Utterly forgettable.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Slate is again a subtle fragrance from Banana Republic very ordinary. fresh and airy lot like Solo Loewe intense or any edition of Cool Water.
Projection and longevity is poor.
I give it 4 out of 10.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

The first thing this reminded me of was Love and Luck by Ed Hardy, except the citrus note is a bit more refined and overall better (and it isn't as oriental or woody).

Slate exceeded my expectations. BR did a good job on this one.

Felipe Ramone
Felipe Ramone

It's a little different from the other day uses. It's clean, fresh and fruity. Lasts a nice period of time on my skin and I guess it's a casual cologne, that you can use to go to sunny open places, go for lunch with friends, family reunions or even go to watch a movie with your girlfriend.

mj9999
mj9999

Good scent but a little too flowery for my taste..still 90% full on my wardrobe...

nush imogen
nush imogen

Young, clean, fresh, not too strong or invasive, I quite like it.

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

Amazing fragrance!!! I love being so clean when i use this perfume, it makes me pure... So clean, soft n fresh, u can use it anytime anywhere.. this is a real masterpice!!!!

K1
K1

Astonishing aromatic smell. This formula should be reserved for next generations. Opening is masterpiece and middle is just good but not surprising as it initiates. The scent is linear and notes are bold and fresh in the start. You can't find this opening easily in any perfume, so unique and rare experience.
Completely modern and young!
Could last for more, instead spreads perfectly.

zadlai
zadlai

Very modern scent, aimed and marketed for the younger crowd...really like this scent..a definite must try...

samlagman
samlagman

I can't believe this contains only 2 notes and 2 fragrances! I think there are more. I find this a unique, easy-going, all-rounder scent. Quite long-lasting, too.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

First let me say I saw this at T.J Maxx for $20! This was the gift set. 1.7oz spray & 2.0 Shower Gel! I thought that was a great deal so I got it! Now I never smelled Slate up until yesterday when I first tried it on. There is a metallic, herbal, green pasture thing going on here.. Now this is not bad stuff. I kept getting whiffs of it throughout the day & the frag really does not move out of that whole metallic, herbal, green pasture formation. When I smell this, I get a sudden urge to eat! This is by no means a gourmet frag, but it does come off as having a sage note that 1 would use in dressing for thanksgiving! While the herbal note is there, it is over powered by the metallic note as it blends perfectly with the herbal note which seems to create a vision as if you were walking through green meadows! GRASS! A pleasant grass. The longevity was impressive! 6 hours! Projection seemed good as well! All in all this is a good modern day frag that surpasses alot in its time. I would give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5! Banana Republic has a winner with this 1!

Dad jax
Dad jax

I suggest this to all upcoming perfume lovers, i mean who are very new to perfume world, this really good for beginers !!

Banana Republic SLATE is an utterly unisex fragrance. To my nose it is more of an oriental than an aromatic, and although I do appreciate both ginger and clary sage, it seems clear that a few other unnamed mystery notes are present as well.

SLATE edt is light and fresh while still having a moderately spicy edge, but it fades fast, leaving only the barest soupcon of scent behind. Were it not for the poor staying power, I'd be buying a big bottle of this one--it really smells nice, while it lasts!

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

a very nice , easy going fragrance !

not soo unique and very simple , for casual wear and regular outings (mall , hangouts , school)

not earth shattering but simply nice and well made .

the longetivity is questionable though

guest_Wow
guest_Wow

I only have about 4 colognes that I ever wear, this one is probably the best out of all of them.

Slate by Banana Republic 3.94 out of 5 based on 80 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Banana Republic Slate fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Banana Republic Slate, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Slate by Banana Republic. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Slate by Banana Republic represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.