Designers » B » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Chai Baruti for women and men

Chai Baruti for women and men

Chai Baruti for women and men Pictures

Delicious Indian masala chai.

Chai notes: Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Cardamom, Pepper, Black Tea, Steamed Milk, Cocoa, Roses, Vanilla, Musk, Leather.

Chai was launched in 2015. The nose behind this fragrance is Spyros Drosopoulos.

Cinnamon Cloves Ginger Cardamom Pepper Black Tea Milk Cacao Rose Vanilla Musk Leather

Vanilla Chai Botanical Parfum
Untitled 2

Chai Fragrance Reviews

This sparked my interest because of the ingredient list and the picture of something tasty and gourmand.
It turns out to be more Impressionistic bordering on abstract.
It starts with an explosion of the spices mentioned,
followed by a wide stripe of something waxy and transparent. The spice dissipates quickly, however remains in whispers in the background throughout the journey. Next is the gentle introduction of rose, vague, the concentration upon the lower regions of the pink Alberta Rose scent profile. In the midst of this movement there is a passing note. It is the light and dusty scent of cocoa combined with the glorious fragrance of reduced cream and the caramelized lactose thereof. The picture collapses quite quickly and remains as a light caramel, scented with rose and whisper of tannin on my skin for a couple of hours.
A very enjoyable, textured experience.

Opening dry and spicy. This is cardamom done well and it enhances the cinnamon lending an exotic vibe. It doesn't hit hard like it does in kenzo L'Elephant.

The black tea tempers the spices, so you get the richness without an off putting punch. The ingredients make a whole haze of a dry spicy slightly cacao leather scent. The cocoa rose heart is a nice pairing rather than the overdone cocoa/patch combo.

I don't have anything like this in my collection so I really like its uniqueness. I'm not sure if I'd sport this as a female as I prefer very feminine scents but a woman can wear it, but on a man it be sexy hot.

Scent - black tea, milk, cinnamon & ginger.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 6hrs consistently.

Beautiful tea scent, warm, spicy. Starts off kind of smoky.. like burned wood or a campfire.. I definitely get a creamy or milky note among the spices which creates a softness to it. Warm winter-y scent, very beautiful..

Smoky cinnamon, spicy tea, cacao and leather. This is Chai; a perfect warm/fresh composition which is the very scent of this time of year. Chai is bitter leafy, spicy, and pseudo-animalic (musky-like). It's like tea leaf soaked in Serge Noir.

Opens with faint metallic post-rain soil smell imparted within the spice theme. The spicy theme is on cinnamon but cloves drive is madly smoldering. Then cacao and milk and pepper, very brilliant pepper. You apparently feel cacao powder in the smell...
Good longevity, self-covering projection. It's rather a personal scent around you.

Cloudy and unfiltered homemade spice bomb amalgam with all the subtlety and elegance of a rock to the face.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

*Sigh* I was sooo looking forward to a sweet, frothy chai scent here, but sadly this did not deliver. Though the elements are here, the blending is not as refined as it could be and the emphasis, for me at least, is in the wrong place.

"Chai" is extremely spicy, perhaps to a fault. Piquant and peppery, with an intense clove and soapy ginger, the initial burst is sharp and slightly overwhelming.
In the heart of the composition lies a dry, dusty rose and bitter black tea. I really wasn't expecting the rose to be so prominent, but its medicinal aspects are only amplified by the bitterness of the tea and clove. A dark cacao note -more evident on skin- casts a muggy haze over the whole composition, dulling the elements which I had expected to sparkle, notably cardamom and cinnamon, which are sadly all too faint here.

There is a distinct lack of vanilla and I don't detect the smooth lactonic notes that others have spoken of. Rather than smelling like the sweet, milky glass of chai I was expecting, Baruti's interpretation smells more like a cupboard in which there are stored various boxes of spice infused teas all blended together into one indiscernible spicy fog.

On my skin, it is even more disappointing. The notes blur into a musty alcohol smell that reminds me of whiskey o_0

In my opinion, a far more realistic chai scent is "Lumiére Blanche" by Olfactive Studio, which emphasizes cardamom, anise and cinnamon on top of a light sandalwood and tonka base. Unfortunately it's a poor performer, otherwise I would stick with that, but it seems my search for the perfect chai scent is not over.

Baruti Chai is a wonderfully aromatic gourmandish oriental. It's my new favourite. The pronounced black tea note is dark and delicious, the milk is warm and creamy, the cocoa powder adds some dryness, then a pinch of ginger joins in with a mild zesty kick in the background.

I can also smell the cardamom but but not too much, my skin tends to highlight cardamom in most fragrances but in this one the cardamom is masterfully blended to create a warm, spicy accord.

Fantastic fragrance, I recommend to oriental gourmand lovers, it's a delight to the senses, not to sweet and deliciously complex.

It's an Extrait de Parfume so the longevity is excellent, so is the sillage.

It's going to be one of my staples for the upcoming colder months for sure.

This has an (at first) odd warm herbal profile, but the longer it warms into my skin the more I like it. Spicy, creamy, semi-sweet and warm, it's like a chai tea made in some foreign land that departs from the Starbucks variety of tea ingredients and throws in a handful of exotic, strange spices. The initial taste may not be what you were expecting but it brings the same warm glow of comfort as the Chai back home, plus a twist of foreign excitement.

Wanting to try more of this brand now!

Edit to add: sillage/longevity are great by the way, which is rare for me.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Baruti Chai fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Baruti Chai, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chai by Baruti. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chai by Baruti represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.