Designers » B » Chypre « Groups

Basile Uomo Basile for men

Basile Uomo Basile for men
dislike

Original Basile Uomo was launched in 1987. Top notes: grapefruit, verbena, lemon, tangerine, lavender, rosemary, basil and thyme. Heart: galbanum, jasmine, rose, black currant, nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. Base: patchouli, oak moss, sandalwood and leather.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Lavender Rosemary Grapefruit Amalfi Lemon Tangerine Thyme Basil Lemon Verbena

Jasmine Galbanum Nutmeg Clove Cinnamon Rose Black Currant

French labdanum Sandalwood Patchouli oak moss Leather

The Essentials Scent 79 Man

Basile Uomo Fragrance Reviews

Mancorp
Mancorp

In its current formulation (transparent bottle, light olive-green liquid), it's just another patchouli stinkbomb along the lines of Giorgio for men. If you're looking for a herbal scent, this ain't it. It's patchouli from beginning to interminable end.

Update: I decided I needed to revisit this fragrance. What I mistook for the patchouli note is very clearly now the minty basil. Somehow this had triggered an association with Giorgio (which I detest) and had made me quickly dismiss Basile. This is in fact a great deal more refined than Giorgio and has a creamy sandalwood drydown somewhat reminiscent of Brylcreem. Definitely old school.

I acquired a bottle a few years back but swapped it off quickly, mainly due to the lack of balance (too much lavender and clove, or something clove-like). The other day I acquired a vintage bottle and can see why this is liked by a small band of devoted fans, so I'm guessing the first bottle I acquired was a reformulation. Anyway, this is a bit dark for a "green" or "warm weather" scent (I'm assuming most will view it as one or the other if not both), but it isn't too dense and it's not animalic. I could imagine a niche company selling this for a lot of money now, except I doubt the formulation would be as good as this is. Moreover, it's got a nice sandalwood note that I'm not sure any major company would replicate these days. You need to try a lot of similar scents to realize that the "wow factor" here is the richness, balance, blending, and naturalness. The closest scent to this one that I've tried is Vetiver de Puig, but with that one the balance is off, though some may like that composition better. Overall, Basile Uomo is about as good as it gets with these notes. However, this is not for the fresh/aquatic/sport scent guy, unless he is looking for something that is very different, IMO. A true aficionado gem here!

shamus1
shamus1

You need to really love herbal scents to get into Basile Uomo. This is REALLY herbal! As my taste for herbal fragrances has risen over the past year, so my enjoyment for Basile Uomo has risen. Now I think this is a great scent.

This is an 80's powerscent for sure, but with dry herbs like basil, thyme, and rosemary being the dominant notes. The macho leather, moss and patchouli provide the typical 80's muscle in the base, as well as some richness. There's also some nice pine notes in the mix as well, and they provide a welcome freshness to the whole thing.

Fans of green herbal fragrances and 80s powerscents should definitely give this a whirl. It's one of my favorite herbal scents!

MY RATING: 9/10

Yamile
Yamile

An elegant fragrance, very well described by user -originaldeftom- I bought it for my husband more than a decade ago and when we go out I don't use my perfume but tell him to use him, I mean, Basile Uomo. I'm glad is not that popular so that keeps it exclusive.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

WOW! I am the first one to write a review on this: cool!
OKay, so I have nicked (Brit. Engl. for "steal") this from my dad back in the day when I lived in Vienna before going to the traditional dancing school, wowing the girls.
I remember it as a very grown-up scent like Guerlain "Vetiver" and thought of it as very soapy, leathery, green, spicy: I think I can recall peppery notes, among fougere notes, cardamom, juniper, and it had something destinctively gentleman-like. First light and fresh and then the tobacco, leather notes took over.
The ladies must have liked it as they all wante to dance with me.

Basile Uomo by Basile 3.95 out of 5 based on 21 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Basile Basile Uomo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Basile Basile Uomo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Basile Uomo by Basile. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Basile Uomo by Basile represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Roberto Capucci Capucci Pour Homme Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Trussardi Trussardi Uomo Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman Caron Yatagan Davidoff Zino Davidoff Antonio Puig Quorum Pino Silvestre Pino Silvestre Original Gianfranco Ferre Gianfranco Ferre  for Man Van Cleef & Arpels Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme Dior Eau Sauvage Oscar de la Renta Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui Krizia Krizia Uomo Jacques Bogart Witness Halston Halston Z14 Montana Montana Parfum d'Homme Francesco Smalto Francesco Smalto pour Homme Krizia Moods by Krizia Uomo