Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

Black Amethyst Bath and Body Works for women

Black Amethyst Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

Black Amethyst Bath and Body Works for women Pictures

A new fragrant saga by the house of Bath & Body Works is dedicated to a gem, black amethyst and presented through the fragrant composition of the new perfume Black Amethyst which belongs to the Signature collection. It was announced as the sexiest edition so far, made of a mixture of sensual flowers, exotic sandalwood and intoxicating spices.

Perfumers enriched this perfume with a breath of Italy with sparkling citruses in the top, bergamot, mandarin, tangerine, juicy fruit and water melon juice. The heart awaits us with lily of the valley, magnolia, gardenia, freesia, peony petals and camellia flowers. The base notes include patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver, musk and vanilla.

Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst has also their accompanying program besides the fragrance in the amount of 75ml (2.5 oz) EDT. The collection encompasses shower gel, body cream, bath, body splash, body butter and perfumed hand cream. Black Amethyst was launched in 2008.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Tangerine Orange Fruity Notes Melon

Lily-of-the-Valley Magnolia Gardenia Tuberose Freesia Peony Camelia

Patchouli Sandalwood Vetiver Musk Vanilla

Black Amethyst Fragrance Reviews

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

i had this lotion and it's so yummy and sexy. i want the EDT so badly but it's discontinued. must search ebay!!!

Love_heart
Love_heart

I don't know how to feel this is like that little black dress you think you want ,the one you think looks and sounds so good,that one you have heard all the hype about the one you get home and well it's not as good as when you tried it on in the shop
I ordered this from America as in Australia it's impossible to get I never smelt it before
It's darker and older than I imagined
My brother in law said it stinks so I chased him around the house and sprayed him with it
Later he came back and said it wasn't as bad sprayed as it was in the bottle
My mother said it smells old
Today I thought I smelt "stale bathroom" and realised it was this
Than I sprayed it at work and one of the girls remarked "what's that amazing smell it's so nice "
So like that little black must have dress ,I guess it depends but I'm on the fence
Anyway it's gone now I'm giving it away to someone who it may better "fit"

ellementira
ellementira

I was feeling nostalgic for this scent today so decided to throw in a little review. It is unlike any other B&BW scent to me, this scent is like the woman in the lace black dress sipping a martini in the corner while the rest of the B&BW girls crowd around the bar, gossiping over their strawberry daiquiris. Black Amethyst is a deep scent, dried fruits buried in sandalwood and patchouli, letting little whiffs of white florals through every now and then. This one is not at all overbearing but just more intriguing than the rest. I have the edt travel spray that came in the purple leather-encased cylinder, so I'm not sure if my older version smells different than the repackaged version, but the one I have is still fantastic years later. B&BW should really bring this scent back, if only for a LE version, so those of us who love it can stock up again.

Lillitth
Lillitth

I wanted to like this scent but I just can't. Goes on with a spicy floral start but soon dries down into a cloying sweet vanilla with a spicy accent. It makes me want to get away from myself. I think it's the patchouli. There's just too much of it and the top notes are just too sweet for me.

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

I think this is one of Bath & Body Works' most mature, unique, and lovely scents to date. Once again, it's a shame to say that they've discontinued this fragrance in stores, which means the EDT is no longer available (you can only get the body care stuff online). I guess Bath & Body Works has to keep making room for the abundance of berry-candy-vanilla scents they won't stop releasing over and over again ...

Typically, fragrances that have a dominant patchouli note tend to smell awful on me; there's a staleness that comes out on my skin, which is not appealing at all. Luckily with Black Amethyst, the vetiver and the sandalwood are dominant on my skin, which smells wonderful. The vanilla in this perfume isn't a sweet vanilla at all; I think it just makes the harsher notes (such as the sandalwood) smell smoother, softer, and almost creamier.

The sillage and the duration of this perfume is quite strong. When I had the eau de toilette, I was impressed with how long it lasted on my skin. The body spray lasted a longer time than expected as well.

Overall, I think this scent is wonderful. This isn't a "girly" scent at all; it's a womanly scent, especially by Bath & Body Works standards. The stuff smells more expensive than it actually is.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

Let me start off by saying that I'm not a patchouli fan. I have the body mist of this, and at first spray it's really strong and super heavy on the patchouli. When it dries down it's not so bad. I could probably stand to wear it. From what I remember of smelling Mademoiselle, this is somewhat similar like other reviewers stated. Another reviewers stated that the EDT if more fruity and less patchouli, so I may end up getting the EDT at some point. I'd probably like that better if the patchouli is tempered with more fruits. This is a strong scent, and I like strong scents. It's too bad Bath & Body Works discontinues the nice fragrances.

stargazer423
stargazer423

I used to have this and I liked it because I love patchouli. The patchouli is very strong though... very musky and woodsy. I ended up getting rid of it because it reminded me too much of dark kiss, which I actually liked better but got rid of because of it reminded me of my ex.

innovativemomma
innovativemomma

My hubby bought me a bottle of mademoiselle and I wanted the corresponding lotion but I didn't want to spend that much for lotion. I went to B&BW semi annual sale and found this gem. The scent is similar enough to layer with my perfume. I love this scent.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I wore this one daily after they discontinued Vanilla Noir, all the way up til Bath and Body Works stopped carrying this in-store. It's a lovely, sophisticated scent with intense notes of vetiver and bergamot, a slight citrus and a little bit of musk. Very, very sexy. I still wear it from time to time.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I have this scent in the triple moisture cream which is, by the way , a dream for dry skin like mine. It reminds me of Dark Kiss and I often layer them together. True, the average staying power is a bit of a disapointment but I also layer it with other stronger scents: someone has mentioned Avon's Imari Seduction: a perfect example. They do resemble each other though I notice the fruit more in the later. Still a lovely scent to own and one that delights my senses. I find it Fallish-winterish and combine it often with midnight pomegranate.

lily.alexanyan
lily.alexanyan

amazing ,i love it and it lasts long.

Koralanne
Koralanne

I do love Black Amethyst but find the Body Spray does not last on me, and the EDT does, but it seems to smell different than the Body Spray, more fruit and less of the Musky Patchouli. It has been discontinued though and I found that sad because I thought it smelled better than many of the other fragrances in the store

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

This is a wonderful winter scent. Kind of reminds me of imari seduction.

ggkeller
ggkeller

Didn't like this one,got this as a gift.I had the lotion, so maybe thats the difference,I don't know.

Wonderstruck4Ever
Wonderstruck4Ever

It's really nice, but there's something that's missing... it's a little bland.

feline_amour
feline_amour

Smells amazing,rich,androginy, classy....love it! an outstanding fragrance beyond the price...

felicia.truman
felicia.truman

I absolutely love this scent, it is a very sexy night scent to me, and the price was unbeatable! BUT I won't repurchase because this perfume doesn't last at all. Even if I literally douse myself it is gone extremely quick and it feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. It smells great but doesn't last.

jjnaaucoin
jjnaaucoin

I can handle this scent every now and then. My mom wears it and smells AMAZING, she got me a bottle for Christmas because I was always telling her her car smelled so good. It just doesn't have the same appeal when I am rockin it. =(...BUT I do still wear it, maybe I smell good and I just don't like it following me all day.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

This scent is Sexy and it smells very rich! you would never think it was by bath and body works. Its strong but in a good way! all i have left is a little lotion and everytime i put that on people come up to me and ask me what it is and when i tell them they can hardly believe it! I need more! most people have never heard of it so im guessing its hard to find? to me it smells like what a dark purple dress on a rich sexy woman would smell like. Its very sophisticated, def a night fragrance age 21+ ;)

Dori_T
Dori_T

I wear this scent every day, and it's garnered a LOT of rave reviews. Both of my past boyfriends have complimented me on it, and steal MY jackets for a change just to smell it. I love love LOVE this spray! First smell is a dark, heavy floral with a twist of musk tying it together. As it mellows, you get a dark woodsy smell that is like a forest just after the sun sets. It has a slight warmth that mingles wonderfully with the musk, and is definitely a 'heavy' odor. It has a punch of masculinity (compared to a cup, it's a drop) that's enough to make it a 4-D scent that isn't flat floral. I wear this lotion with Violet Eyes by Elizabeth Taylor, and they compliment each other beautifully. Hands down, a wonderful, delicious, arousing and mature scent.

kaet08
kaet08

VERY sexy. I have the lotion, and it's one of my go-to nighttime scents, plus the lasting power is amazing for the lotion if you apply all over the skin. I am not big on floral scents, and while this definitely does have floral-y aspects, the wood, patchouli, and fruitiness balance it out. I would agree with some of the reviews in that I definitely don't get a lot of the sweet top notes, immediately after applying it was a very sexy spicy floral-oriental on me, and stays that way throughout the night (but this may be because I have the lotion rather than the spray).

jreyes366
jreyes366

I do not like this scent at all. Patchouli has to be very subtle and not in the way for me to like it at all. But to me, patchouli smells like sweaty armpits. Why on earth would anyone want to smell like that? I don't know, this scent is a little too "earthy" if you catch my drift.

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

The best fragrance Bath and Body works ever put out! Smells like a higher end product that what I paid for it- $7.99 at the outlet for the 2.5 0z bottle, deeply discounted because they came out with a new bottle. I actually prefer the older bottle design. Now I feel like kicking myself for not having gotten two bottles (This was back in December.) Then again, if I'm going to be a perfume hoarder I rather expand my collection by getting something new. Two thumbs up for this one!

dbrii24
dbrii24

This is my favorite fragrance by far from B&BW. It definitely shares some scent and note similarities to Coco Mademoiselle but I've worn both and Black Amethyst is a little more fruitier and the vetiver note is more prominent which I love. Coco Mademoiselle has a bit of a powdery finish (a staple in most Chanel fragrances) and in Black Amethyst there is no powder finish what so ever. The vetiver and patchouli notes give it a subtle masculine vibe...and I do mean subtle. This fragrance is very feminine it's just not your common frilly, floral, sweet perfume. Very different, extraordinary and sexy.

ALaM
ALaM

I rarely like B&BW scents. I still resent them for discontinuing Velvet Tuberose, though. I was very surprised by this one. Expensive smelling and really up my alley, taste wise. Citrus-y opening that is just sweet enough to avoid being bitter then becomes a white floral/coconut type scent for the most part...though the notes yield no coconut. Nice to know B&BW makes some effort with their scents sometimes. If they discontinue this like they've discontinued the few scents that I've actually liked from them in the past...I'll be pretty upset. I'm surprised people say they like it for fall and winter. Sure, it works great in cooler weather (like now)...but I can't wait to wear this in summer. It's summery to me...and summery = LOVE for me.

filleaplumes
filleaplumes

After receiving the body lotion for x-mas from my bf's grandma I gave it a quick whiff, wrote it off as another boring B&BW fruity/floral, and almost re-gifted it at a white elephant gift exchange. In the end I decided to keep it but ironically received a second bottle as my white elephant gift! I thought..ok, this is obviously some divine message! Still wary over sampling a possible scrubber I read reviews about it being similar to Coco Mademoiselle which I've been wanting to try after hearing many comparisons to my prized possession Miss Dior Cherie 2011. So I finally gave a slather on my skin and was pleasantly surprised; it does smell expensive! It starts off with citrus, green apple and powdery white flowers (think D&G Light Blue) but then dries down to a deeper chypre. I love it and find it a lighter alternative to my much stronger fav Miss D. I may be even willing to purchase the parfum.. that is if I don't purchase Coco Mlle by then! I do agree the name and design of the bottle is misleading.. I don't think of black or purple at all when smelling this scent...
Update: I finally made the decision to purchase the eau de toilette! Every time I put on my robe I smell remnants of my lotion and go... "MMMmmm!!!! Oh yeah...Black Amethyst!"

LuvsWhtDiamonds
LuvsWhtDiamonds

A friend of mine let me smell the lotion and I was surprised this came from B&BW. It smells wonderful and I'll be getting my own soon.

jyladvik
jyladvik

Even though I like this fragrance, it gives me a headache every time that I wear it. It is still a nicer fragrance than other Bath and Body Works fragrances, most of which smell like fruity drinks or candy. Black Amethyst is more floral, which is nice. I just have to be careful not to put too much on. As others here have said, it can be overpowering.

thinknice
thinknice

I worked @ BBW for many years and was surprised when this came out. Very nicely done, it is dark and much more sophisticated than what I'm used to coming from BBW. It reminds me of a Chanel coco mad knock off. Still it does not smell cheap. Perfect for a cool fall afternoon.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

SEXY! This comes across as sophisticated, dark, confident sexy. It smells "dry" if that makes sense. I really like that dry quality, but I don't know what note provides it, perhaps the vetiver? It gives me a dark, velvet petals feeling with a creamy citrus background. It has an enigmatic presence. I wore this on a very important day and did not regret it. It has staying power and strength, and the price is great too. I so hope Bath and Body keeps this one for a long time!

aboulden
aboulden

This is pretty good for a cheaper perfume...I was surprised. It has woodsy, musky overtones and some staying power....not bad at all for the price. If you layer it with the lotion, it will last all day.

hollyms
hollyms

This is really strong, I might wear it for a night out, but it's a very mature scent. Not very fun or youthful and all.

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

This is nice for a fall night out. It's dark, bold and smells of exotic fruits with a hint of something caramel-y. It fades fast if you don't use the layering technique, but hey, we are talking about a Bath and Body Works product. I'd give it a 6/10. The body spray is worth the $12, anyway.

Museumgal
Museumgal

The dry down smells a lot like Coco mademoiselle, but not the opening -- mademoiselle is much more citrusy to me anyway. It is surprisingly heavy and complex for a B&BW creation, but the patchouli can be a bit overwhelming and become musty. Very classy fragrance for not much money, though.

aprilchild
aprilchild

Usually i'm not a fan of scents like this..but for some reason this one makes a difference. it lasts forever on me which is nice but i very rarely wear it. its something i love smelling on other people or on paper but when im wearing it i get kind of tired of it.
Overall its a good scent, it lasts long, and its different!

Whit
Whit

I noticed where a lot of other reviewers thought this smelled like Coco Mademoiselle, and I have to agree. I own Coco at the present and I used to own Black Amethyst, but gave it away as I didn't wear it much. They do smell quite similar especially in the dry down. To me, this smells just as nice but at a fraction of the cost. BBW did a really good job with this one when it came out; a very complex, expensive smelling, long-lasting fragrance. If you don't want to pay the outrageous price for Coco, then try this one. I wished I had kept Black Amethyst instead of giving it away, then later on down the road I bought Coco. I should really kick myself in the butt for doing that. Really, save your money and go with this one.

PenelopeLA
PenelopeLA

This is one of my new favorites. Apparently, its been around for a few years but I never really noticed it in Bath & body Works before.

I love the dark tone to it, but fresh at the same time. Also, stays on for a long time, which is a great thing in this case for me.

Patchouli is very beautiful in this scent.

browneyes55
browneyes55

Feels like a twist on Coco Mademioselle, but it for some reason gives me headaches. even in winter. I feel bad cause my bf got it for me for my b-day n i cant wear it. So my bottle is mostly full.

NIDHI PATEL
NIDHI PATEL

I SOOO LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE....I HAVE NOTICE THAT PEOPLE HAVE REALY OPPOSITE REVIEW ABOUT THIS ONE...
BUT FOR ME ITS ALL I EVER WANTED IN COLLETION....I LOVED IT......MUHAAAAAA

Like a couple of other reviewers here, I also detect coconut in the mix, although it's not listed as a note here or on the package. Rather than having a beachy suntan smell, it's got a darker vibe. There is a moderate suggestion of tuberose and gardenia here, which I don't usually like, but this time, it really works. There is a very well orchestrated combination of notes here. This is both fresh and mysterious.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

This is a more mature fragrance it is true. I feel like I am walking in a dark garden when I wear this. I can't really tell what the notes are in it. I always get compliments when I wear this one and it is long lasting too. It is not really a fragrance you would think would come from Bath & Body Works. It is very sophisticated. I read some of the reviews saying it was powdery. I didn't think so, at least not on me. I am out and need another bottle. (all I had was a sample :()

melissame934
melissame934

smells like chanel very strong. not for teenagers. lets leave this fragrace for adults
a very sophisticated scent

leopardbaby1
leopardbaby1

Great scent. My teenage daughter introduced me to this. I was surprised by the sophistication of this scent. I love Chanel and have samples of Coco Mademoiselle, and actually prefer Black Amethyst. BA is Coco Mademoiselle but crisper and of course you can't beat the price.

I was pleasently surprised.

Tashua
Tashua

This smells AWFUL. My husband bought it for me as a gift. I asked him if he even smelled it because it was the so stinky, like TABOO. AWFUL SMELL! Two THumbs DOWN!!

peeachediva
peeachediva

I don't know what to say about Black Amethyst most of the time I've liked the fumes that have 'black' or 'noir' ( also black) in the title. The fact that 'amethyst' was also in the title, I thought I would get a 'purple' type of scent. To me, for example, heliotrope would be a 'purple' scent.

Strangely, Black Amethyst smells almost like the inside of a really old car to me. Somewhat metalic, I would say that this one would work well as a men's fragrance for sure. I think I could enjoy smelling this on a man, but on me, sad to say, wow, real shock.

I have to say, strangely also, it really makes me nauseous to have it on. Definitely a body chemistry thing for me I believe. I would say that the main notes that come out on me are wood, really strong wood, patchouli. I'm wondering if there are just too many ingrediants.
HOWEVER, since there are so many people who seem to like it, it must me my particular nose, and my particular chemistry. It is DEFINITELY a force of nature, though, so if you are wanting to try it, might be prudent to try it in one of the LIGHTER VERSIONS, as opposed to the EDT version. Maybe in the Cologne, I might have liked it more. BUt after trying it at this point, nausea and all, I must move on.

RickySrsWife
RickySrsWife

When they discontinued Velvet Tuberose I was looking for something from B&BW that was similar. This was suggested to me & I gave it a shot... Blech! To much patchouli. I really think I would love this scent if the patchouli was toned down several notches... :(

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

The name says it all, it is rich in depth and is not too sweet or fruity.

The notes are in shining harmony.

A nice perfume for Oriental vanilla fans

perfume rocks
perfume rocks

I love this in the candle form but the perfume is to musty and old smelling for my taste, but in the candle its awesome, if you want a better smelling one from bath and body works go with Dark kiss its a better scent in my opinion in the perfume and its wonderful in the lotion, the shower gel is amazing and the candle is fabulous

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I have this as a room spray and I think it is wonderful. I like most of the BBW's I have tried (Coconut, Lime & Verbena is outstanding) but I think Black Amethyst might be a bit overpowering as a perfume. May give it a try when I have worked through all the others I want to try before I die.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I like it because I think it reminds me of TM Angel. There is plenty of patchouli in here but not heavy on like Angel. This is a more friendlier, wearable version for those who avoid Angel for that reason. A good buy!

guest_Goldiechick
guest_Goldiechick

If you are looking for a fragrance that is affordable in today's struggling economy and smells practically like a more expensive one, look no further. I highly recommended Black Amethyst, which is almost a clone of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. If Coco Mademoiselle costs around $100, then you will paying one-tenth the price with Black Amethyst. The best thing about Black Amethyst is that you can fool your friends into thinking you bought a Chanel perfume. Hopefully one day, Bath and Body Works will make a perfume awfully similar to the legendary Chanel No. 5 for those who can't afford the real thing, too.
I like Warm Vanilla Sugar for its lightness, but for more romantic outings, Black Amethyst is the one.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I get a lot of coconutty-tuberose, but otherwise the scent is a bit flat and synthetic on me. I pretty much have the same problem with all the BBW perfumes.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This is a nice fragrance but I want to know what is up with the "Fetish" of Coconut in perfumes these days? Coconut is in everything and it far outlasts the dry down into eternity, it is just like Gardinia, once you spray it, it stays on for two days afterward.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

Heavenly, heavenly, heavely.
ahh...i'm in heaven with this perfume on.
really don't want to finish this so i keep it for only specific occasions.

mandashell
mandashell

Hmm, this is easily the best fragrance that B&BW has to offer. Smells delightfully fruity, mildly spicy, sweet and woody.

It smells so good and is rather complex. Just hopped out of the shower, put this on and am feeling so comfortable... so cozy. I love this! ;'D

I am certain that if this was released by a famed perfume house then people would readily sing its praises but since it's B&BW this fragrance won't get the credit it deserves.

Oh well, that leaves more for those of us who know better. ;') I just hope that it isn't discontinued. o.0

nyoka
nyoka

when first i smelled this on a friend of mine, i asked what she was wearing?i could have fallen out.bath and body?i had no idea!the name also intrigued me.i got some faster than u could turn around.with the first spritz, i felt like i was swimming in a fruit salad of,tangerine,lemons and madrines.good enough to eat,then the lightness disappeared and i was in a gardinia patch(one of my fav florals with peonys sprinkled among them. iLOVE peonies.i went about my great smelling business,,,the drydown came round in a creamy,milky scent that was a musky vanilla kiss.good 4 u b and b.its a winner!

luxlover
luxlover

Sophisticated and lasts long on my skin. I would like to purchase the new bottle design, it's beautiful and it captured the real color that represents this fragrance.

As a part of my "Give BBW a chance" campaign, I slathered myself with BLACK AMETHYST body lotion after my bath and then proceeded to mist the edt all over. First impression: this is a very sweet fragrance. Second impression: there is some depth here, shining through the fruits I detect some warm woody chypre along with unmistakeable vanilla. Third impression: BLACK AMETHYST is a well-orchestrated symphony of notes that harmonize very well with one another.

This formula was not just thrown together haphazardly, as the long list of notes might seem to suggest. My impression is that the parfumeurs at BBW worked for a very long time, in a collaborative way, and probably engaged in many lengthy debates before launching BLACK AMETHYST. My only gripe about their creation would be with the name, which seems too dark, even foreboding, for a scent that is not so intense. Likeable, yes. Intense, no.

Overall, now that it has settled on my skin, I must say that BLACK AMETHYST is a bit too sweet for my tastes, but it's quite acceptable as a fragrance--though I'm not sure that it deserves to be called a perfume--and I'll probably wear it on occasion. Perhaps now and then on cold wintry nights, after a long, hot bath when I feel like layering body cream with edt.

7seven7
7seven7

Dark and sexy - a night fragrance. I like how the fragrance is not overpowering yet bold with some spice!A night and winter fragrance. I still wear it during the day especially in cold weather. I love the new perfume bottle design - dark purple and gold. I purchased the body spray, the perfume, and the shea butter lotion of Black Amethyst by BBW, so I could layer it and keep it long lasting. My new perfume for December 2009. I'll probably alternate it with Opium during the winter and reserve it for the night when the weather becomes warmer.

Amythyst
Amythyst

Such a complex, original and suprisingly sultry fragrance this is! Classified as an oriental floral, it also fits into the vein of chypre or floral woody fragrance.Young and fresh, it is extremely wearable from the first few moments, which opens with an intense, sweet citrusy blast that is sparkling and soon deepens, losing part of its sweetness and becoming dryer. I love the dusty dryness of the opening, which seems to act as a guard, suppressing a far juicier, pulsating heart. This lovely, dry, dusty overtone pleasantly remains a constant throughout the development of this scent. Even though the opening is quite interesting as is, it doesn’t give an indication of the complexity that is to follow. Ten to fifteen minutes after application, the scent goes through a beautiful transformation: it feels almost as though a bud unfurls to reveal deep violet colors and a glowing heart previously unseen. A mélange of velvety and at once peppery floral notes which feels seductive and alluring. The floral heart notes stretch, becoming sheerer and lighter as time goes by, to reveal caramelized, vanilla tinged woods in the base notes. The patchouli note is quite innocent and joined beautifully by hints of sandalwood and deep musk. The waterfruit notes that were presenting a rather guarded sensuality having died down, the drydown is very sexy indeed, perfect for autumn. It is refinement in a bottle! I feel confident and empowered while wearing this fragrance. It stands out in a crowd, so different from the many fruity sweet fragrances that are flooding the markets and streets... I am completely taken in by Black Amethyst, captured by its rich tones.

SophieIowa
SophieIowa

I love this scent. It's pretty complex for a Bath and Body Works scent. I love the vetiver in this. I don't sense the sweet topnotes in this either. It seems to go right into the heart of camelia and the sexy patchouli and musk. I can imagine this being perfectly packaged in a bottle covered with lace, or maybe stretchy black fishnet. It's very dark and almost gothic feeling.

F_A
F_A

Thanks to Belle de Sud, this fragrance joined my perfume collection! Why I liked it? First of all, it is very juicy and fruity, delicious and thick like a freshly made fruit juice with pulp. Still it is not fresh or airy. On contrary - this fragrance has a rich fruity sweetness mixed with woody and musky notes, which makes it a beautiful fragrance!

It's true that Black Amethyst is similar to Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle EDP, but I find it more edible and softer than Coco. Love it!!

The staying power is very good on my skin.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

BBW is getting more sophisticated with their scents. If you previously wrote them off because you were tired of their simple single note florals or fruity scents, Black Amethyst will be quite a surprise.

I didn't get a lot of the sweet top notes. It turned immediately to a sexy, sophisticated floriental with a hint of spice. This would be a perfect evening scent for your wintertime holiday parties. Toned down a spritz or two, it's probably okay for the office, too.

xiamara
xiamara

i tested it in the store and loved the top notes, and bought it. Now I"m regretting :(... It really is too strong and flat. It does mellow down later but I'm still gonna pass it on as a gift ;).

pussycat doll
pussycat doll

Me encantaria poder usar esta fragancia pero es demasiado fuerte para mi !!!, cada vez que uso el body lotion me mareo , a pesar de eso estoy de acuerdo con las demas opiniones es definitivamente una fragancia muy sofisticada

girlsrideharleys2
girlsrideharleys2

I like this. It could be uni-sex but I doubt my husband would wear this. I think this smells like a knock-off of Tom Ford's 'Black Orchid'. I think BBW did a better job at designing the bottle than previous ones. The cost for this is more because there is more ounces. Initial spray is a mix of the fruits and flowers then, that quickly dissapears and you get the heavy patchouli and vetiver. I would wear it.

Black Amethyst by Bath and Body Works 3.75 out of 5 based on 394 ratings and 66 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Black Amethyst fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Black Amethyst, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black Amethyst by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black Amethyst by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.