Designers » B » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Black Currant Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women

Black Currant Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

Black Currant Vanilla is a fragrant body mist launched in 2007 along with the supporting products. It includes accords of vanilla and black currant with lemon, patchouli, rosemary and pumpkin.

Black Currant Vanilla Pumpkin Rosemary Lemon Patchouli

Perfect Veil
Sexiest Fantasies Fireworks

Black Currant Vanilla Fragrance Reviews

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

My boyfriend is in love with this stuff! I get him some whenever it goes on sale!

JaclynS
JaclynS

I love this stuff. It starts out with a lemony kick with blackcurrant then goes into a sexy smoky drydown. Sensual really describes this scent well.

IslandRadio
IslandRadio

Juicy, sexy, mysterious. Perfection for cool weather.

loada82
loada82

One of my favorite.
It suit my personality, mysterious.
Its good for night.

Martaynd
Martaynd

All I can say is this is wonderful on a cold, snowy, winters' day. It could use a tad bit of sweetness added, but that would just be icing on the cake.

malloryrose
malloryrose

i got this in lotion during one of the "buy two get one free" deals on a whim. I fell in love with the scent on the spot. it's sexy, spicy, creamy, and even a little citrusy. i loved it so much i went back and got the shower gel, however i was completely disappointed. the shower gel is cloyingly vanilla, very sweet and nothing like it's fantastic lotion counterpart. i recommend the lotion wholeheartedly, the shower gel- not so much.

unfortunately they don't sell the spray anymore, but i don't know if i'd buy it without smelling it first. if it's anything like the shower gel it'd be too sweet and flat, but if it's like the lotion i'd buy every bottle in sight.

MeganMcDonald
MeganMcDonald

I adored this scent in high school! I think I actually owned the entire collection at one point. It's very sultry and delicious. Quite unique as well, especially as far as B&BW fragrances go. Definitely worth giving a sniff.

aliora
aliora

It smells like lemon vanilla pastries in the beginning, and ends with an amber smokiness that I really enjoy. With the lotion, you get more incense. The spray tends to be more on the lighter side and sweeter. I like the fact that it smells a bit like nag champa during the latter stages. Cheap, nice and not boring. I wish BWW did more scents like these instead of those vague fruity florals.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

amazingly, this is one scent that both me and my husband likes.... we enjoy the Body Wash variant a lot and the smell is intoxicating to say the least. The Pillow mist is also good. Haven't tried the Body Mist though, but over all, this is a good comforting and very unisex kind of scent. the Vanilla and the black currant makes it nice..

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

I absolutely LOVE this scent!!! I first smelled it as a lotion and couldn't get enough! So I got the roll-on and the massage oil in addition to more lotion. Yowza!

For me this is a very sensual fragrance, definitely NOT for the office. I have nothing else that smells like this (on my skin). It must be the black current . . .

Prettysweetz
Prettysweetz

I went through a depression stage and I let myself go for some time and one day I snapped our of it; that's when I realized I had no lotions (only had a bottle of baby lotion), so I went to the BBW website and bought a bunch of lotions and creams. I bought the two aromatherapy sensual line lotions. I was most excited to receive this one as it was a blind but. I received them and I love them both so much but I reach for this one more. My boyfriend doesn't like it. He told me I smell like something new that smells weird and needs to be washed..??? Lol I don't care though, I still use this for me and I try to wear this when I'm not around him because I don't want him to think I smell funky lol. Keep in mind my hunny only has said I smell good 2 times in the 12 years that we have been together. He doesn't like perfumes.

When I apply this it, it smells very strong and Unisex like...I do not find the scent sensual at all but it smells so good to me. I can smell the black currant and Lemon strongly. I can also smell a little bit of spice. It stays quite strong on my skin for a few minutes but then it gets a lot softer and very close to my skin thanks to my sucky skin chemistry. When it gets softer, that's when the notes back up and let vanilla be infront of the line! I can finally detect the vanilla; I can still smell the other notes but lemon fades a lot more than the others.

This is NOT a sweet scent at all. It it's very mature and strong. There's nothing here that smells like sweet juice or sweet baked goods. Someone reviewing this mentioned lemonade, well maybe a lemonade with no sugar and very little water lol. The vanilla tones down the scent, makes it more warm and womanly but I can totally dig this on any man! The vanilla is a sophisticated vanilla, a real vanilla, not a cake vanilla!

Longetivity is amazing! I apply this ALL over my body and I mean everywhere at night and I can still smell it in the morning, specially in my undies (on the undies it stays all day!!!) and pjs!!! Even thought you would have to be really close to me to be able to smell this but I don't care because I wear this for me. I wish my skin chemistry wasn't so sucky so this could smell a bit stronger for longer. Even thought I'd wish this would be stronger on me, I would not layer this with a body mist or perfume of the same scent. I love this as a lotion only m.

Venus193
Venus193

I wouldn't have tried this one myself if not for a friend who said it reminded her of Shalimar. Despite the name it actually does so I hope B&BW keeps this one around for a while. It has excellent longevity for a body mist and would do really well in EDT form.

fairspirit4
fairspirit4

I enjoy this scent in colder weather. It's smells very rich and the notes blend well. I'm not a big shower gel person, I tend to use whatever people have gifted me or handmade soaps. If I decide to get a shower gel myself, Black Currant Vanilla is the only one I tend to buy. =0) And if you wash a little of it through your hair, it leaves your hair smelling fantastic. Everytime I've done it, my husband mentions it.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

I wouldn't have tried this based on the notes; usually I can't stand something that is predominantly black currant or heavily berry but I was lucky to have been gifted this. It is more than just its name of Black Currant Vanilla. It is warm, spicy and sultry.

HANDAN86
HANDAN86

I REALLY LIKE THIS. DEF. UNISEX IN MY OPINION. WHEN IT'S FIRST SPRAYED IT SMELLS SOOOO AMAZING AND CRISP AND MORE FEMININE ... THE DRY DOWN IS A LITTLE MUSKY AND MORE MASCULINE. THE LOTION IS MY FAVORITE OUT OF THIS COLLECTION.

Fragaria
Fragaria

This a favorite of mine. I'm not fond of vanilla, but I get no stuffy hard to take a deep breath feel with this at all. Whatever! I love this stuff! It's like velcro...I haven't enough strength to pull my own nose away from this! I hope others don't find this offensive. I have the lotion and it's quite strong. I wouldn't wear it to church because it seems to be one of those scents like incense, some love it and some hate it. Anywhere but church though, LOOK out! I'll be like a death fog, a joyous one, but deathly to those around me!

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I really like this scent a lot. To me, this smells like a sensual lemonade scent lol. I could see myself wearing this all year round!

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

Have to admit I find the notes a bit surprising.

At first spray I get citrus, black currant, vanilla. During the drydown I get this really amazing smokeyness added to the mix. The vanilla thankfully is not foody so does not detract from the experience. The other notes I really can't discern as single notes at all. Its quite a well blended juice, in that regard. The only harshness out of this spray is the initial sprays from the alcohol.

For a bodyspray the sillage is decent, though its better with the added lotion and/or massage oil (I've used the massage oil in my hair its quite nice stuff!).

No need to spray lots, beyond 4 sprays and its way too much! Its pretty strong in that regard.

Longevity depends on the weather. I wore this quite a bit during the winter which I found more tolerable than say, middle of summer. I would get a solid 6 hours in winter time, versus 3-4 in summer.

In summer it really blooms...even too much in some cases, so care should be taken to not over apply.

It wears closer to the skin after the first 2 hours though on me I can still perceptively smell it without putting my nose to my wrist. Sometimes a scent trail just isn't necessary. Certainly its a good scent for say, date night.

I think a gourmand lover will enjoy this scent, though its not totally foody.

Whit
Whit

This is such a smooth sexy scent. I own the matching shower gel and lotion; the lasting power is pretty good combining just those two. I'm glad they added this to the database. This one and Ylang Ylang Myrrh (which is sadly discontinued) were always my two favorites. I like to wear this during the winter months and when February rolls around; it's my Valentine's Day scent. :)

Black Currant Vanilla by Bath and Body Works 4.48 out of 5 based on 75 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Black Currant Vanilla fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Black Currant Vanilla, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black Currant Vanilla by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black Currant Vanilla by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.