Designers » B » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Black Raspberry Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women

Black Raspberry Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

Black Raspberry Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Black Raspberry Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Black Raspberry Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Black Raspberry Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Black Raspberry Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Black Raspberry Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Black Raspberry Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Black Raspberry Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Black Raspberry Vanilla Bath and Body Works for women Pictures

Black Raspberry Vanilla by Bath and Body Works is a Floral Fruity Gourmand fragrance for women. Top notes are orange, black currant, blueberry, pear and bergamot; middle notes are osmanthus, orris root and jasmine; base notes are vanilla orchid, sandalwood and musk.

Orange Black Currant Blueberry Pear Bergamot

Osmanthus Orris Root Jasmine

Vanilla orchid Sandalwood Musk

Falling in Love
Mure

Black Raspberry Vanilla Fragrance Reviews

lydiatschappler
lydiatschappler

Perfect blend of raspberry and vanilla: the title really says it all. I'm not a huge fan of vanilla OR raspberry, but the way Bath & Body Works does it, they're simple and elegant and could be worn anytime, anywhere, and offend no one's sensibilities.

ntabassum92
ntabassum92

I don't get much vanilla at all from this scent? I don't mind that however, as I have a sample of another scent that smells very blackberry/vanilla, so I wouldn't want this to smell exactly like that one. This starts off very raspberry, like a raspberry flavored Jolly Rancher. Curiously, I don't mind smelling like this, as the scent contains the tart green edge of raspberry Jolly Rancher, instead of being sickeningly sweet. I can almost taste the candy. This scent also simultaneously smells like a tart, white grape juice or cordial. I really like that! I haven't encountered many grape notes in perfume as of yet.

Sadly, and I'm not sure if this is because I am testing out the body spray version of this scent, the drydown smells just like a sour berry candle. Pleasant, but not what I want to smell like.

But wait! Some sweet orange notes have joined the candle mix, and I'm liking this new scent that's lifting off my arms!

FloralMoonlight
FloralMoonlight

This was my signature scent my sophomore year of high school. I still think it's a great scent, but now it's very nostalgic for me. I wore this all the time in the winter. I had the body mist and lotion, so I would spray myself in the morning and then use the lotion at school. People would look around and ask what smells so good! My other favorite winter scents from Bath and Body Works are Be Enchanted and Secret Wonderland. They're all great for winter, but this will always be a favorite of mine. I will say it's weird that it's called Black Raspberry Vanilla and the only vanilla listed in the notes is vanilla orchid. It's mostly berries and a hint of vanilla.

silverain82
silverain82

This is an amazing fragrance! It starts out with tart berries, but then the creamy vanilla sneaks in to mellow out the tartness... leaving a drydown of a beautiful blend of berries and vanilla. It's definitely a fall/winter scent. It layers wonderfully with warm vanilla sugar as well. I often wear the black raspberry vanilla lotion with warm vanilla sugar spray... they go together perfectly! I have worn black raspberry vanilla since it came out (either 2003 or 2004) and I will always have it in my fragrance rotation! Love it!!

lunabombshell
lunabombshell

Was strolling yesterday at the mall when I smelt Escada Born in Paradise and it definitely reminded me of this gorgeous BBW Black Raspberry Vanilla scent that I own.

The only difference is that Escada Born in Paradise has this initial burst of coco milk and tropical fruits but BBW BRV is pure berries and tropical fruits with a hint of creamy vanilla.

HOWEVER!!! The dry down of the two is almost the same. Creamy, fresh, tart, and aquatic. Very tropical indeed! I don't know about their notes but all I can say is that they are sister's from another mother. Hahaha.

Try it to believe it. Both fruity, tropical, fresh, creamy, gourmand-ish in the base!!! I love them both!!!

- Luna

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

BRV is a sweet, creamy scent. Like juicy fruits with a rich whipped cream, none of that canned business. Enjoyable, simple, and fun. One of the better fruity fragrances I own. Too bad this isn't in stores anymore - at least it is still available online!

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

I've waited along time to find a blueberry scent that I like. I wasn't expecting to smell the blueberry as much, because of the name. This is a perfect scent if you like fruity scents, especially blueberry. For me this scent is just right. Overall I give this scent 8/10 one of Bath and Body Works best.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

Back in high school I loved all the fruity scents and was determined to try them all...this one and Cucumber Melon were very popular.
I have hilarious memory with this one: once on a school trip our bus was driving through an area where a lot of mushroom farms were, and the manure smell was pretty gross. So I whipped this little body spritzer out of my purse and perfumed the seats around me...only to have the class wise-guy comment "oh great-now it smelles like raspberry pie AND s**t"
Lol, memories...

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

This was my signature most of the way through high school. It's sweet, tart, young, and fun. Smells exactly like what you'd expect from the title, plus it's cheap. Longevity and sillage aren't great, but for something that costs less than $20 can I really complain? Eventually I outgrew this but I still look back on it with fondness.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I cannot believe it took me so long to get this. I always had an issue with fruity scents. It's either they smell plasticky or they give me a headache. I can't seem to find one that hits all the right cords. Enter Black Raspberry Vanilla. Bought this because someone said it smells like some berry yogurt and that it has little to no vanilla. Spot on and exactly what I wanted. I can smell the blueberries, the currants, and some jasmine. Thank goodness the vanilla was a no-show despite the name. For me this is simple fruity floral done right.

I used to have a fave candy when I was a kid---those ring pops that look like huge jewels. The violet one reminds me so much of this fragrance. Will definitely hoard bottles of this.

DKahler1
DKahler1

I love this scent! I agree I don't smell vanilla though. I have the lotion and have no problem giving myself a lite spritz of warm vanilla sugar body spray. It helps and I get way more compliments then wearing just the lotion. Both have great staying power, but doesn't radiate farther than an arms length.

StarAnGeL

LOVE! One of my favs! Everytime I wear it I get tons of compliments! Its fruity but unique. You could wear it year round. I hope they never discontinue this one!

Gollumkushka
Gollumkushka

My favorite of Bath and Body Works fragrances, I wear it throughout the year, though especially in the cooler months. I'm a little confused as to the note listing above, there is most definitely raspberry and vanilla in this scent. This fragrance is warm and rich, yet comforting. This is the one personal fragrance that has never bothered my sinuses. Easy to wear dressed up or down, I love the feminine and gourmet essence this has. A rich, mature raspberry fragrance with well blended notes beneath to fill it out. Love it!

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

Smells alot like a raspbery white chocolate cheese cake to me, I dont really detect the vanilla, all though in the lotion version of this you totally can smell the vanilla. Still nice to have for once in awhile though.

Kittycat63

I just noticed Something's comment about this perfume, saying that it doesn't say here that it even contains vanilla! Well, I also just noticed it also doesn't say here either that it contains raspberry! So, I'm curious why, if it contains neither vanilla or raspberry, it's called Black Raspberry Vanilla. Can any other member enlighten me?? I seem to smell raspberries and vanilla in it, but even if it doesn't actually contain either of those notes I still really like it anyway!

Aspendina
Aspendina

*sighs* I put the edt of is up on ebay and it just sold and I am kinda heart broken, as this was one of my favorite fall scents. I am 33 now and back when I was in (I think) 5th grade there was a short lived kool aid flavor called mountain berry punch and it was the only flavor I ever liked. This black raspberry vanilla smells just like mountain berry punch and makes me want to drink it. I love this, but I am trying to sell a lot of my fragrances so I can afford some high end ones I really want. BRV I will miss u dearly!!!!

x33janelle
x33janelle

I bought this on a whim at a discount store, which is the only place in my country that sells B&BW.

While I loved this scent at first sniff due to how yummy and delicious it was, the tartness of the scent meant I quickly got tired of it. I wore it every day for two weeks before going back to the Victoria's Secret Noir Tease I had been using before.

Extremely straightforward, pretty much smells the same from the first spray all the way to the drydown. Perhaps more vanilla may have done the trick in toning the overly sweetness down.

However, I received compliments on this the first three days I wore this. People commented that I smelled sweet, nice, and yummy.

That being said, I have acquired a bottle of Victoria's Secret Secret Craving, which I prefer to this. They are quite similar, but this one is more tart, and sweeter. It's not quite refreshing or sharp. However, I have not worn my Secret Craving for that long yet, so we shall have to see.

While I am sick of it now, I keep it around because it's nice to have, though I honestly don't see myself wearing it any time in the near future solely because I cannot think of an occasion in which I would wear this. Not one of the more versatile scents. Or rather, not versatile at all.

With all that I've said about it, though, I may be sick of it by now, but it lasts extremely long. A couple of sprays lasted me through an entire school day, and that is saying something because I re-spray my VS scents about 2-3 times a day. Something about the tartness means it lasts extremely long. This also means it's easier to get sick of it, though.

lchan
lchan

Bought this on a whim, and I have no regrets! Smells like a bowl of berries in cream. It lasts really long on my skin, almost the whole day. The only thing I dont like is that sometimes it starts to smell like berry yogurt gone bad.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Black Raspberry Vanilla is very tart. The raspberry and blueberry shine throughout. It can be overpowering but if you like tart fragrances, give this scent a try.

meowmixmuffin
meowmixmuffin

This is one of the few B&BW fragrances that I actually really like. It's very soft and fruity, not very in-your-face. It reminds me of yogurt almost. It smells like the way yogurt tastes. Blueberry or blackberry yogurt, that is.
It's nice, anyway. I would recommend it to someone who might be new to fragrances, or anyone who doesn't want something that's heavy and offensive. It's light and soft and feminine, the kind of thing that will elicit a lot of "Wow, you smell nice"'s.

Morgane08
Morgane08

When I first smelled it on a piece of paper, I thought it was quite fresh. I don't know what I was thinking! I bought the body cream and realized the scent was sickening. I could barely smell the vanilla, all I could smell on my poor skin was sandalwood and raspberry. Awful. I had to give it to someone else.

something
something

It doesn't even say there's vanilla in it :( Vanilla's my favorite scent.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I want this soo bad! I love almost anything with berries in it so this is on my must have list. I smelled it at the store and the raspberries and vanilla are a perfect combination....I will probably end up buying this with my next paycheck lol

EDIT 11/20/2012: I evenually bought this....and sold it on ebay a couple of months later. At first this scent was nice because of the sweetness but after awhile, this started smelling like medicine to me. So I had to get rid of it :( I wish this could of worked out.

Turtledove
Turtledove

I only have the triple moisture cream, and it looks like the EDT is discontinued now, but OH MY I must have this. Sooooo delicious. Deep dark juicy raspberries with just a hint of smooth milky vanilla cream. It has just enough tartness, with a faint green/citrus bite over rich deep juicy sweetness.

Kittycat63

I just got a big bottle of Black Rasbperry Vanilla in a swap with the very nice Cristine and I'm really liking it. At first, just sniffing it from the bottle, it smelled VERY sweet and jammy but when I spritzed it on my skin it smelled a lot less sweet, less jammy, softer, creamier and really likeable. Although it does, of course, smell mainly of raspberries and vanilla (which for me is great because I love the smell of both those things!), it also smells a bit Morello cherry'ish to me as well, although I don't see cherry listed as one of the notes on here! The staying power on me is surprisingly good - it lasts for hours and lasts much longer than Sea Island Cotton, which I also got a bottle of in the same swap. It's definitely a very girly smelling scent and anyone who dislikes the smell of berries and very fruity perfumes in general might want to steer well clear of this one. I really like it though so from me it gets a thumbs up!

Heaps of random berries, no vanilla. This reminds me very much of Dewberry from The Body Shop. They both have such a strong blackcurrant note running through. This is not a sweet fragrance. It's more like just berries with no sugar on top. It's not like most other fruity scents out there. Apart from Dewberry, I can't think of anything else that smells similar to this.

dreambiology
dreambiology

I love this smell! Too bad they aren't making the perfume version right now, only the body spray :(

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

I have the body spray on this but want the EDT when it runs out. It smells very fruity. I especially notice blueberry not raspberry, and then the currant. I really don't smell the vanilla in it at all. It smells like someone just made a berry smoothie. The body spray lasts about 2 hours. I think it is wonderful for a fun scent. Best for daytime use in the spring and summer.

luvyalots
luvyalots

Very floral and fruity and sweet! YUMMY!

melissame934
melissame934

This one is great its very young. i get sooo many compliments when wearing it. Has a sort of fantasy by brittney spears scent in it

Angel10
Angel10

A great inexpensive around-the-house scent that I love! I like to put it on before I climb into bed with my daughter to read stories....she loves it. I like to wear it when I clean too...makes the bathtub scum a little more bearable. Is a very lovely warm berry scent. I like that it is sweet, but not unbelievably so.
Under $30 for 100mls.....I might have to grab the Vanilla Brown Sugar too!

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

As its name, this is all about black currant, raspberry and vanilla.
It's simply juicy & yummy. Nice for casual wear when you just want to smell "juicy & yummy" without trying too hard.

fawnydawny
fawnydawny

Lots of berry, not so much for the vanilla. It's pretty invigorating though, makes me a feel a bit more perky in the morning. But if you're looking for that sweet berry/vanilla combo you'll probably want to seek elsewhere..

StarAnGeL

LOVE this one! Everytime I wear it I get lots of compliments!! I hope they never stop making this one!

lovelylady
lovelylady

I received this as a gift. If you really like berries of any sort and you want to smell like you just jumped into a pool filled with juices and berries, this is the fragrance for you. The scent isnt bad but it is distinct and strong and it does last. All of the other notes (vanilla , etc) are lost. I simply smells like a range of berries.

njbutterfly
njbutterfly

Sweet, pleasant berries with a citrus tang on first spritz. Sugary and creamy after the initial citrus note. Lasting power of even the EDT is not so great, but lasts longer with lotion.
Uplifting scent for me. When I wear this, I just want to eat myself up with ice cream. YUM! LOL!
I also like layering this with Dark Kiss.

deannab10
deannab10

I was hoping for more of a warm vanilla nuance with this. Turned out to be very sweet rasberry. Also, as with most BBW scents, very little lasting power. I ended up giving this to my 11 year old daughter.

AMOS' & SNAGGS' MOM
AMOS' & SNAGGS' MOM

If you're looking for a fragrance that smells exactly like its name, then look no further than BBW BRV. It smells like sweet, delicious raspberry preserves and, if you go with the EDT, the staying power is great. I could still smell it on my arm hours later and the scent remained unchanged from its initial burst of berries and sugar. It also comes in a body splash but, like all body splashes - BBW and otherwise - there's zero staying power. I love this fragrance so much that I ordered 5 bottles of it online yesterday after testing it in my local BBW store. Online is a much better deal ( 1/2 price ). Plus, with the promotion code, 20FS40, and a minimum $40.00 purchase, you'll receive an additional 20% discount and free shipping. I think that the promotion code is valid through 08/31/10 and it can be used multiple times. I know that everyone rants and raves over Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy but, to my nose, BBW BRV has it all over MF. MF is supposed to smell like sweet berries but I don't get that at all, except for in the very beginning, and, even then, the fruity note is extremely faint. On my skin, the drydown of MF is floral, a nice enough floral but nothing extraordinary. So, if it's sweet berries that you want, go with BBW BRV. It's a lot less expensive than MF, too.

wowgirl
wowgirl

I can't stand when raspberry is paired with vanilla because raspberry will wipe vanilla out everytime! Raspberry fragrances annoy me because the scent of raspberry is really umimpressive to me-it's like so what? A small hint of raspberry in a fragrance can be alright, but when raspberry is all I get, I quickly lose interest.

Malibu
Malibu

While I am very fond of BRV, I doubt I'll repurchase it as the lasting power is very poor.

I need to layer it with the lotion and spray a bit on my clothes if I want it to last beyond an hour.

chelle2513
chelle2513

I must say, I just LOVE the "Holy Quadruple post batman" comment! That's the best thing I've read all day!!!! I had this perfume,and unfortunately it was too strong for me, I guess I just wish the perfumes I liked could have this much sillage, it seems like the ones I am not too fond of, last forever, and the ones I love don't last...maybe it's my imagination??

guest_kimmy2009
guest_kimmy2009

Holy quadruple post batman. Im using my phone to post and kept getting network error. I had no idea my replies were being posted despite the error coming up each time I hit submit.

guest_Kimmy2009
guest_Kimmy2009

Guest EH said it best, it is very generic berry smelling but you cant put a finger on what types of berries. Additionally it makes me cough, luckily I got the travel size for a dirt cheap price. I carry it to work as a personal fresher uper and a room spray.

LeahDL
LeahDL

I like it, but, yes, the lotion is much much stronger than the spray.

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

This used to be one of my favorite scents a few years back. But I think it was only the body spray I could tolerate as this is VERY sharp and strong. Something musky? Too citrus? I have no idea... you pucker your face when you smell it...

As I used the bottle of body spray up... I diluted it with water WHICH HELPED immensely! Honestly it lasted FOREVER. For the next couple of years, I used this and also Cherry Blossom as a room/linnen spray. If I smelled Cherry Blossom too long it was icky sweet. And this Black Berry Vanilla... no vanilla... just something sharp and strong. IT satisfied my need for fruit but you really need to spray or wear in moderation.

STRONG STRONG. Love hate relationship with this one. How I feel about it depends on the day. I even got nastalgic about it and bought a bottle of lotion of this, this spring... needless to say it is still vertually untouched.

If you were to stay in your home for an hour or two while the strong odor (what is that sharp smell?) in it dies down it actually is very lovely!

So as it fades it is one of my all time favorites. But when I first smell it I feel like I will choke. So depressing. :(

It could melt the paint off your car. Just some element to it that is almost toxic. I wish they had it a bit more toned down. :( So very sad!!!...

As a linen/ room spray, there was nothing that made me happier or uplifted me more. :) But like I said... I diluted it. lol! :D

Is it me or is the Body Lotion much much stronger? I don't remember this fragrance being THAT strong. It was strong before I know.. but it reaches out and gets ya. :) Attack of the killer fragrance! haha. :)

Update (1/31)... I have met the enemy. And that enemy is Black Current! :) Besides being too strong, my only complaint is that there is no Blackberry, nor any Vanilla. So why do they call it this?.. confusing. There is no Fruity (just sharp/bitter citrus/ black current), there is no Berry, there is no Vanilla, there is no Sweet.

Oh well. Well that is how you learn. :)

guest_eh
guest_eh

i read good reviews on this so i went and tried it on. it honestly reminded me of going to bath and body works when i was like 10 years old, which is not good. to my nose, it smelled cheap like berries. not raspberries, blueberries or strawberries or any specific berry, just an overly sweet generic berry smell. this is coming from someone who worships the b-spears fantasy line and almost every escada. i thought it smelled terrible. but everyone's nose and skin are different, so i guess my warning is to try it on! p.s. don't rub your wrists together...

sharyssa
sharyssa

I sampled every scent Bath n Body works has and I found this to be the only one that was nice oh, and warm vanilla sugar.Other than that I wouldn't buy any of them. But this does smell like plenty of raspberries good but not spectacular. No sale!

SophieIowa
SophieIowa

This one smells of black raspberries only. Very straightforward fruity scent. Men tend to compliment on this though, so if you like a light fruity scent, you may want to try this.

Helene
Helene

Too fruity, but nevertheless Very pleasant and tasty! )

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Great if you love black raspberries... but if you love vanilla it's a disappointment. I thought I would get a beautiful vanilla blended with berries, but all I got on my skin was berries and not a hint of vanilla. In that case, it was too fruity for me. The black currant and blueberry note stuck out the most, with a tiny bit of jasmine.