Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Carried Away Bath and Body Works for women

Carried Away Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

Carried Away Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Carried Away Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Carried Away Bath and Body Works for women Pictures

Bath and Body Works presents a new fragrance accompanied with a rich perfumed body care collection Carried Away. The collection has arrived on the market in the beginning of 2011. Design of flacon and accompanying products is romantic, dreamy, gentle and highly feminine.

Prominent perfumers created the new fragrance oft his house and combined luminous zest of meyer lemon, Italian bergamot and mandarin with juicy pear nectar and seductive scent of raspberry in top notes. A heart blooms with white jasmine flowers, pink freesia and white tuberose touching velvety and gentle violet petals. Base notes are sensual and creamy. A mixture of sandalwood, musk and vanilla leave a rich, soft and warm trail on the skin.

On top of Carried Away available as 75ml edt, the collection encompasses:

Lollipop Bling Ribbon

Carried Away Fragrance Reviews

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

I don't think I've ever smelled such a refreshing perfume. Smells like opening a window on a spring day, enveloping you in a gust of fresh air. Very optimistic and young, like walking through the Magic Kingdom. The packaging and bottle font are very evocative, fitting and cute too.

LexiOD
LexiOD

This is my favorite B&BW fragrance to date. I have only ever had the body splash, but I plan to purchase the EDT eventually.
I always mention bottles in my reviews and I've previously said I always really like B&BW's packaging. This bottle is really adorable and playful and the blue main color was a wise choice. (My synesthesia is showing.)
The scent of Carried Away is particularly nostalgic for me because, without ever having previously owned it, this is the same scent of my room when I was a tween. It takes me back to the days of playing Final Fantasy X-2 in my blue, dolphin-adorned room. It's bubbly, fresh, clean, slightly fruity-sweet, and very playful. Words can't express how in love with this fragrance I am. This fragrance also features every single floral note I love most except waterlily, so it literally feels like it was made for me.
10/10 from me, and I realize I'm completely biased, but for good reason. This fragrance speaks to me and I recommend it to anyone who likes that airy, fresh, slightly fruity sweet, playful fragrance.

xx

starvega
starvega

I would rate this as just ok... there is a kind of bitterness/sourness when you first spray it, as others have mentioned, but I find that this disappears once it settles on the skin and it is very much along the lines of Mariah's Lollipop scents. After dry down, it is a weak mix of sweet fruits and something almost bubblegummy. It's very generic, but nice enough - I think if you gave this to a teenage girl as a gift, she would probably love it.

dovey
dovey

to me it's just jasmine & that fuchsia colored flower they have on the package ......surprised its not even listed in the notes

its not a fruity or refreshing scent which is what u expect from a body splash

so it ends up with a heavy rather sour flowery scent
& because it lacks freshness ,I am guessing its gonna smell horrible in hot days

I know many people who would like this combination but not me
So glad I tried the tester at the store or would have been very disappointed with a blind buy

Cassiopeia99
Cassiopeia99

This was the first ever scent I bought from bath and body works. I bought the perfume first and liked it.

I was first introduced to this smell when my friend brought the lotion to school and let everyone smell it. I fell in love with the bottle and the scent right away!
I bought the perfume the next time I went to the mall and put the lotion on my wish list (which I have now) and I really liked it! However, I personally don't think that lasting power on either the perfume or the mist is that great. As of now, I just have the mist. I have had the bottle now for two years i think? And I still like to use it once in a while despite all the different perfumes I have.

However now, when i smell this, I get a blast of pear and raspberries, and it can be a little overwhelming at first.

I personally think that this a good scent for beginners (girls just starting to wear perfume). It is very inoffensive and is perfect for all year round.

fruitypurr
fruitypurr

I got shimmer mist and was very disappointed. I was expecting bursts of fruitiness with a floral edge. Instead i got flowers flowers flowers CHEMICALS.

Serpentime
Serpentime

I really adore this one but it does have one very nasty effect. It seems to draw really sleezy men towards me who compliment me on it before giving other unwanted "compliments". I'm not fond of it but I am fond of the scent. It's fruity and floral. I got it one time as a freebie during a sale and fell in love with it. Great for casual wear. Another one of the few fruity scents I love.

Steph1323201
Steph1323201

Hmm.. this one at first wasn't something I liked very much, but then it grew on me a bit. It's something I wear around the house on days I'm just hanging around the house and not leaving. I have worn it out, but without really thinking about it I just go for the bottle when I know I'm staying in. It's sweet, light pretty scent, but definitely not one of my favorites.

Deseoforever

This smells like a mixture of three fragrances by Mariah Carey

.Lollipop Bling Ribbon
.Lollipop Bling Honey
.Luscious Pink

Top Notes: I get Lollipop Bling Ribbon (Candied Raspberry Medley) it's creamy Yet tart.. It keeps this up for a few minutes

Middle Notes (Transition): the scent does turn into a tropical citrus fruit salad that is similar to Lollipop Bling Honey (tropical Lemon Drops) this really stays throughout the scent until it gets close to the skin

Base (close to skin): at this point the I smell the citrus, sandalwood and musk that smells close to Luscious Pink or More so Ultra Pink

tiff001
tiff001

am I the only one who smelled old milk with this scent? took forever to finish the lotion

hannie5

Just an update. I do not see a listing yet for Bath & Body Works Pure Paradise or Miami Heat but Carried Away along with the discontinued Deep Aqua do smell similar. Pure Paradise smells more like Carried Away and Miami Heat smells tropical with a sweet, Cotton Candy touch...I am thinking Aquolina Pink Sugar. Overall I think the closest to Carried Away would be Pure Paradise. They last quite awhile on the skin and smell so beautiful!

Tala
Tala

Lovely. Reminds me a lot of Lancome's miracle. Believe me it does. The same amount of fruit, soap and powder. If you don't want sea island cotton and it's laundry aroma try this one. Clean, feminine, slightly sweet and very refreshing. The lasting power is pretty good too. Spray it in your hair and clothes and you will have it lingering until you wash your hair.

ggkeller
ggkeller

I liked this one but its not one of my favorits.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Take away the bergamot and lemon, add mango, and substitute peony for the freesia and tuberose, and you are left with BCBG Bon Chic. Great for layering to get added silage, as the two are quite similar. I also wear this with Wonderstruck, and the two smell lovely together. Good for spring and casual wear. Not love, but a solid like for me.

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

This is one of the first 3 Bath, and Body Works perfumes I've bought, yesterday when I was in the mall. OMG This is just perfect!!! When I smelled this I was like bingo this is it. I don't love that many perfumes, but I can say I love this one. No it's not my favorite out of all the perfumes I've, but I do really think this perfume is great. I'm seeing a few people saying this smells like BCBG Bon Chic, I can smell similarities, but it doesn't smell the excat same, because Carried Away is much stroger than Bon Chic, in my opinion, and I prefer Carried Away over Bon Chic any day. I don't really like perfumes that are too light. At least meet me in the middle. This scent will definitely carry you away. Love at first sight, or smell that is! To me there isn't a note that stnads out of the crowd. No notes take over, they all blend in together which I really love. I hate when you buy a perfume that has a combanation of notes, but you mainly smell two, or three of them the most.

lilyofthepally
lilyofthepally

Wearing Carried Away right now, and I must say I feel deceived. At first spritz, Carried Away is tons of pear and berries - I agree with nattonline, there is a subtle peachyness here as well. I love the opening. But my skin eats those beloved notes quickly and leaves me with something almost imperceptibly light and lemony. I can still get a whiff of the pear, and a touch of freesia, but I do miss that opening.

Carried Away's drydown reminds me very much of a cocktail I once had, so my nose interprets it as boozy as well, which is kind of funny but prevents me from feeling entirely comfortable wearing this out in public. Would be nice in the shower gel though.

Puppypaws
Puppypaws

Carried Away, in my opinon, is the second best fragrance from Bath and Body Works- behing Sweat Pea. It is full of fruity, sweet notes and creates a crisp, clean aroma after settling. The longevity is poor, I myself would rate it a 4/10, as it is an EDT.

This is a perfect scent for working. If you are like me, you hate losing your perfume's scent at the restaurant you work for. With Carried Away, I feel no guilt spraying myself twice or three times within an hour. After those manny layers, it does not fumigate or become too stout.

A must have for those with a limited budget, hate smelling like where you work, and enjoy an excuse to smell "girly."

An added plus: The EDT bottle is adorable and travels well.

Melissa26
Melissa26

I have the lotion and i love the way it smells. I'm assuming the lotion smells just like the perfume. And i can't wait to get my hands on some

theboynextdoor
theboynextdoor

Carried Away.

Cute name.

I will admit, when this first came out...I almost gagged when I smelled this unbearably sweet fragrance.

Its like candy, coated with candy, and then blended with more candy.

But over the years, the more I smell it....the more I like it.

Its definitely raspberry, but the florals soften the fruitiness. And above all else, it is a clean fragrance.

Like it can be used as fragrance or to clean your home.

Which isn't a bad thing.

Its quite pretty.

On paper or in the lotion it may be too sweet, but one or two spritz on your wrists...and its surprisingly warm, comforting, and delicious.

As I smell my wrist now, I even enjoy it on myself.

Its light on me, a little sweet at first, but as it dries it actually starts to work with my skin, not against it.

What's great about Bath & Body Works is you can buy their scent, try it out, and bring it back if it does not please you.

If I were you, I'd buy the Eau De Toilette or Mist and pair it with a nice creamy body wash (a real treat).

Fragrant products like at BBW are meant to be little luxuries.

Like taking a hot bath, or lighting a candle, fragrance is 'me' time.

You get in the shower and you pamper yourself with a indulgent, scrumptious scent like Carried Away and forget about the world for 5 minutes.

So literally the fragrance carries you away.

To your own little happy place.

Away from reality and all your stress.

Go ahead it, try it. You deserve it.

And remember, if it turns out Carried Away is a sinker and does nothing for you....RETURN IT!

& message me for another recommendation : )

Truly,

The Boy Next Door

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

very standard sweet clean scent. definately casual

kristine oh
kristine oh

My everyday scent! Light and Fresh, perfect on a hot summer weather!

Xoloitzcuintli
Xoloitzcuintli

A former coworker had the Carried Away lotion and it smelled sooo good!! I wanted it so bad so I went to bath and body works and the didn't have the lotion I wanted but they had the fragrance and I tried it out and I was so disappointed on how it smelled it wasn't the same it smelled like something from Victoria's secret I was bummed because I really wanted to like it! Some things are just not meant to be :(

Bath and Body Works Carried Away is a really sweet and juicy fruity floral on my skin. It's very girly and flirtatious, so I'd assume that it sells extremely well amongst young girls.

Here in Australia, Bath and Body Works products are hard to find. I was introduced to this brand last year when a dear friend from overseas sent me some samples. Since then I have been eager to sample more from this inexpensive house.

Carried Away was a fragrance that I was eager to test, partly due to its popularity and the dominant raspberry accord. I'm honestly not a big fan of fruity florals, but I was willing to take a risk with this one. I ordered it blind after I found a good deal on both the perfume and matching lotion. It arrived in good time, and I chose to test it today by layering the two.

At first I was a little taken aback by how fruity and sour the opening was on my skin. The raspberry accord was really juicy, equally matched by a bright, citrusy amalfi lemon and mandarin orange blend. I was also quite shocked by how strong the sillage was. It really did pack a punch.

Thankfully Carried Away softens, settling into a sweet yet clean raspberry, freesia and pear blend. I rather like the way it smells on my skin at this point. For some reason it reminds me of school camps when I was fifteen years old. I think it might resemble a popular deodorant I'd have used during that time period.

The drydown is quite a smooth and pretty raspberry, vanilla and musk blend. I can see how some might get 'raspberry yoghurt' from smelling Carried Away, however I must admit that I don't find that scent description off-putting in the least. I like the moderate sillage and reasonable longevity.

I will possibly wear this fragrance again, however I do prefer the triple moisture body cream to the actual perfume, although layering them does work a treat.

Clarissa Rose
Clarissa Rose

The raspberry, pear, and vanilla stick out the most to me, they make me think of blamy and warm days. This is light enough to wear in spring and summer, and I think if you wear it in fall, it brings back a summertime feel. This is pretty overall, and the sweet, smile-inducing scent always has me remember a special time when I wore it.

Everyworker
Everyworker

Super sweet and fruity! I can smell the pear and rasberry, maybe just a hint of freesia and violet, but not much of the other notes.

Very nice for a a day off, or an afternoon of shopping.
I really like this scent, I have the body mist, whish I'd gotten the eau de toilette too when I was in the US... we don't have BBW over here.

caramelsugar
caramelsugar

It smells like soap...not at all my style.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Bath & Body Works Carried Away is a wonderful fresh-fruity scent. Crisp bergamot and lemon with sweet raspberry and juicy pear. A hint of tuberose and freesia in the dry down of jasmine, sandalwood, and subtle vanilla musk. Reminds me of the candy Spree’s!

This smells exactly like Mariah Carey's Ultra Pink

LilyMizell
LilyMizell

I... cannot stand ths scent.. many say it smell slike the old forever Sweet Pea.. to me this smells like.. sour.. raspberry yogurt.. it's terrible.. when i put it on it actually made me sick :(... The notes are there.. the raspberry is overpowering.. It just.. doesn't work for me.

Gandhilama
Gandhilama

Smells great as an after the shower right before bed scent. Wouldn't wear this out but it's nice for lounging around the house.

frosting712
frosting712

I have one of the small trail size bottles. To me I swear this smells just like blue-raspberry! It reminded me a lot of Mariah Carey's "Lollipop- Ribbon" perfume.

Very candy sweet, but a fresh scent. It's very "Here I am! I'm so sweeeeeet!" at first, but does relax... to a degree in the drydown. It's grown on me for sure. It's not a regular in my rotation, but if I'm in the mood for something more "bright and uplifting" I do like having Carried Away around to use occasionally. In the way that Juniper Breeze has that "fresh" smell to it in a herbal way, Carried Away has that in a different not-so-herbal, airy/fruity way.

wajeeha85
wajeeha85

I bought the body mist last week and have used it a couple of times so far, the mist has a very 'clean' feeling to it. Basically each time I've worn it, it's very refreshing, smells like a really nice shampoo and you feel like u've just stepped out of the shower each time you spray it. Overall I'd say it's a nice refreshing smell - nothing very complex and easy to like and wear for a casual day at home.

amber_glow
amber_glow

It s a cute and cheerful smell and I think its perfect for a teenage girl. I liked it.

dfwag2011

I used this at the open-air showers in Port Aransas, and now I can't stop thinking about the beach when I sniff it! Fresh and delightfully carefree.

Morgane08
Morgane08

Fresh enough as a shower gel, but a bit too sweet for a fragrance. A bit too much raspberry for me. Otherwise it is a nice fruity-yet-fresh scent>

melanie.groves.vonfange
melanie.groves.vonfange

I would first like to say that I am a huge fan of Secret Wonderland and Dark Kiss. This is extremely fruity and powerful with the first spray. It reminds me of a preteen fragrance at first, but after the dry down it matures into something softly sweet. I find myself sniffing my wrist often after the initial blast wears off.

iLoVeTHe80s87
iLoVeTHe80s87

I took one sniff of this and agree with what some of you are saying. It has a very strong, unappealing initial odor. I sprayed in on my wrist to see if it would change after a while, but I couldn't detect anything different except for the fact that the intensity of the unappealing odor had died down. Not a fan of this one. Just didn't smell right to/on me.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

I went into B&BW to get Midnight Pomegranate. Just to make sure thats still what I wanted, I sprayed it and a few others, including Carried Away, on tester strips. Forget Midnight Pomegranate! This stuff is DELICIOUS! I get 98% jasmine (I love jasmine) and maybe 2% raspberry/pear. It has a "buttery" quality to it. I was short on cash so I only got a small bottle of the splash, but this is quite strong, so I didn't feel the EDP would be necessary. Its a happy, smooth, warm, soft-blanket-like floral.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Nice scent. To me, it smells like raspberries, watery florals and this creamy yogurt note that I can't really put my finger on. I could understand how this smells like rotten milk on some people, but it smells really good on me.

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

It's shocking at first. The scent starts out strong, so strong that you can't even decipher any of the notes. Luckily, it dries down fast and begins to calm down. It's very sweet, the equivalent to laying in a fruit garden and the smell of blueberries and passion fruit come to mind when I wear this. The packaging on the bottle is appropriate because it smells whimsical and rather playful. If you can survive the opening, it's worth it. 7/10

Fragaria
Fragaria

I agree with Whit. Spoiled strawberry yogurt. It has a very sharp note that just stings! It's not an awful scent, but it's sharp! Not one I'd buy without trying first and definitely not one for gift giving.

hannie5

This has a wonderful fruity and sweet floral combination. It is one of my favorite B&BW fragrances.

purrz11
purrz11

I keep this in my desk at work. People are always asking me to spray some just so the room smells good. One guy said "that is what heaven must smell like". There are lots of berries and flowers here. It's delicate, sweet and clean. Yummy!

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I bought 3 body sprays from BBW today and this one is okay, it's not my favorite but would be a nice spring and summer scent. I don't get the sour milk or yogurt smell that some of the other reviews have gotten, there is a bit of a "dirt" type scent in it though?!? I'm freshly showered so I don't know where the dirt/soil smell came from.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

This one just doesn't agree with my nose.. sorry! its sour smelling after I put it on. In my honest opinion, there's a yogurt -like hint in it..

dfwag2011

A slightly more complex version of Sun-Ripened Raspberry. Fun and sweet for spring and summer.

crystal cave
crystal cave

This scent is sooo bright. Very teen-ish (but I'm around that age group so I can still understand it.) Anything with lemon in it attracts me, so I really do enjoy it. It's a bit peppy - I would only wear it in the spring with very close friends. Otherwise it makes too much of a statement for me. But it's delicious and amazing to wear around the house if I need cheering up. I love the candy-happy vibes it gives off, and the theme it stands for is lovely.

Whit
Whit

Blech! This smells like spoiled milk or spoiled strawberry yogurt to me. Yucky! Sorry to those of you that like it, but this one is not for me. :(

jlive31
jlive31

I have this in a body spray, it's the reason I ended up finding this website. I have a question I'd like to know if anyone else has had this experience. I sprayed the body spray in my room and did a walk through. Later, when I returned there was something in the air that reminded me of a perfume I hadn't thought of in years. Chloe Narcisse. Maybe it was a combination of Carried Away and something else in my room, but I really have nothing that is like Chloe Narcisse at all. Does this make sense to anyone on here? I'll submit this under the question section too. Thanks,

btw, i really like this in a body spray, but it seems like it would be too strong in a perfume. I would describe it as chipper, or peppy. It's pretty and light and makes you want to wear a sundress, ride a bike and go frolicking across a meadow. I can only think of perfumes in terms of feelings. lol Something tweens - 20 somethings like me would like, but it might annoy others. idk this is my first review.

luvyalots
luvyalots

It's like Sweet Pea, but sweeter. I feel that the lotion smells better than the perfume, but I still like it!

debidebbs
debidebbs

It´s fresh, I like it.

SandraV
SandraV

This does smell just like Sweet Pea but a bit sweeter.Nice but not enough for me to purchase.

devaluxe
devaluxe

I tried to like this, I really did. I tried the lotion on the "preview" and was really excited because it was marketed so well. I really thought I was getting "Warm Spring Day in a Bottle" instead I got "Raspberry Yogurt Left to Curdle in the Warm Spring Day Sun" - BLECH! There was just TOO much going on. Raspberry, then jasmine, then something creamy but all mixed together wrong on my skin and made me smell like I'd rubbed rancid raspberry flavored dairy products all over me. I ended up giving the rest of the sample away. Now whenever anyone wearing this comes within 20 paces, I instantly get a gag reflex. That initial rendevoux was all I need to permanently put me off that fragrance. Sorry guys!

wowgirl
wowgirl

BBW's been putting out a lot of new fragrances lately, and obviously they continue to do so, but this one is actually a hit. This smells like a pretty lightly sweet and clean floral bouquet, and I do like it. There's something intriguing about it, hard to find with a lot of bbw scents, because alot of them are so unoriginal.

iloveelifeee
iloveelifeee

To me this is a very clean smelling summer/spring scent. It's very refreshing! I can get a small whiff of rasberry & kind of the lemon. But I can pick up more of a fresh & clean smell.... but there's something somewhat sweet in it too, kind of like vanilla. This scent is a hard one for me to describe.

adayoncedawned
adayoncedawned

To me I get alot of the raspberry, lemon, and something a little sweeter, can't describe what though. It ends with a nice refreshing scent of a white flower and maybe just a liiiiiittle hint of vanilla. I really do like this scent, I asked the lady who worked at BBW which of the scents were her favorite and she said this one. Must mean something, right?

xxJamiexx
xxJamiexx

This is a very refreshing fragrance that I would use when I'm going swimming. I agree that this reminds me of Curious by Britney. The two fragrances are similar to me, but Carried Away has a fruity scent to it, and Curious has a Vanilla tone down. Carried Away smells like very fresh raspberry and cranberries.

missajane
missajane

I'm not quite sure what I think of this. I think I like it. The smell reminds me of shampoo. It's not a bad smell, but it smells clean. I think it's a perfect smell for spring though.

hoolalaa
hoolalaa

This perfume instantly reminded me of Curious by Britney. It smells just like it anf the bottle even has the same blue theme colour.

Never the less, it is a very lively fruity smell. I don't think it will suit any mature adults though. If you're under 20, you can probably get away with it.

This is definitely not a "floral" but rather a very fruity one.

mandashell
mandashell

Fresh, sweet, very pretty and delicately floral with a hint of vanilla. I just may get "Carried Away" with this one now that spring is approaching and am quite pleased with this latest offering from BBW. Because well...it smells very much like a nice designer fragrance. LOL! Not a hint of the artificiality that bowled me over from Forever Sunshine and no trace of the berry that has been done to death a la Midnight Fantasy. It is simply juicy, sweet and very nice, just a great spring fragrance, IMHO. ;') Lasting power seems to be decent for the concentration and composition too.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I picked this up in a travel size spray n lotion during its preview period... I really like this one!!! Its fruity, floral and sweet, all without being overpowering or smelling cheap... Great as an everyday fragrance as it is pretty long-lasting especially for a bodyspray alone... Add the lotion and the sillage n longevity are brought to another level...

this is very sweet, but refreshing at the same time and it will last on your skin. it smells like candy, fruit, and flowery all at the same time. at first it can be a little overwhelming, but when it dries it really is quite a pretty scent.

Cubby
Cubby

If I'm not mistaken, almost everything (almost) that is no longer in stores can be purchased at their site online.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

It reminds me of raspberries and whipped cream. It's a Spring fruity floral, and I do like the ribbon-like decor on the bottle. The downside is that it's far too similar to everything else B&BW have going on in their line of scents. For a few years there, I thought they had graduated into a more elite brand with unique fragrances, but they have now taken some steps back into the past. They've also discontinued almost all of their nice scents that I gave them credit for. Vanilla Noir was a good one.

A lot of pear and berries at the openning (I thought it was peach at first). It's fruity juicy sweet, strong sweet floral with whipped cream and subtle vanilla. It's juicy clean, sweet, bright, and cheerful. Somehow, it finds its way to fit in perfectly among other newly releases like Secret Wonderland, Dark Kiss, and Country Chic. If you like any of these fragrances, you would probably like Carried Away. They are not all that different. Some are darker, some are just brighter. I am more curious to see what one BBW will discontinue in the future.

Carried Away by Bath and Body Works 3.77 out of 5 based on 329 ratings and 65 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Carried Away fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Carried Away, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Carried Away by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Carried Away by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.