Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 458 I had it: 119 I want it: 201 My signature: 10

smoky
Dark Kiss Bath and Body Works for women Pictures

Dark Kiss is a daring and seductive scent of berries, flowers and tempting night musk. It is a modern tale of forbidden love that will loose your hidden fantasies and primal passions.

Top notes: bergamot, incense, Mirabelle plum and blackberry. Heart: amber, Burgundy rose, geranium and peony. Base: dark vanilla, labdanum, vetiver, balsams and musks.

Available as 75 ml EDT, body spray, lotions and creams.

Incense Bergamot Blackberry Mirabelle

Geranium Amber Rose Peony

French labdanum Vanille Resin vetyver Musk

Midnight Fantasy

Dark Kiss Fragrance Reviews

roseredlolita
roseredlolita

Love this it's so mysterious sadly i can't get it anymore but I still have the shimmer spray,body lotion, and body wash

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

Well, hm. First, the disclaimer: I have the body cream format, so I'm sure my experience with Dark Kiss is slightly skewed by that. Next, I must get this out of the way: all of the comparisons to BS Midnight Fantasy are spot-on. The teensy whiff I got from gently pulsing the tube at my nostril-area WAS BS Midnight Fantasy... then I applied it to my hands and it morphed into generic grooming-product (hairspray, uh... hand cream). No "notes" left, at all. I let a lady at work try it, and on her, it *stayed* BS Midnight Fantasy. She liked it; she kept it. I thought, momentarily, of trying the EDT, and then immediately decided that it would be redundant, since I already own BSMF. I *like* BSMF, as I surely would Dark Kiss as well, but they both lack what I had hoped for in a fragrance described as "dark"... darkness! Both of them are nice, comfy, sweet... there is a hint of VS Lovespell (which I detest) that is mercifully fleeting, and then a tease of the wonderful-but-expensive Trish No. 9... then, blueberry muffins. I would more likely wear either one of these "twins" to bed, to *sleep*, than to get frisky. Not bad, but where is all this "incense" and "amber"? No... these are good-girl scents. I would more aptly call BBW's "Black Currant Vanilla", "Dark Kiss". Now that stuff, I adore, and will describe its virtue in another review. :)

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

Reminds me of my grandmother baking wild blackberry pies. There are many wild berry bushes growing around her house. She baked many pies and shared them with family and neighbors. I would helped her pick the berries and bake. In the begining, the scent of warm berries is wonderful...But many pies, a hot stuffy kitchen thick with the smell of sweet cooking berries, and a huge mess later, I have a pounding headache from everything. I need air. Pies are ready now! We ate the pies with vanilla ice cream. Stuffing my face until I explode with berry-pie, ice cream, while having a headache.....it was both delicously pleasureable yet nauseatingly painful.

Dark kiss is exactly that. I like the dark, smokey aspect of this, but it overwhelms me with very sweet berries and choking vanilla.

heather62
heather62

I really like this so much. To me, it smells a great deal like Euphoria, just a little fruitier.

Really lovely. Wish B&BW would bring this back full time. I noticed they brought it back for their big yearly sale. Bought some for my daughters because they both love this.

I let my son's girlfriend pick one of my perfumes to take with her on a trip and out of everything I have, she chose this.

craftyminx
craftyminx

I never really liked wearing this one, until I tried layering it with Forever Midnight. It's a revelation. That overstated sweet fruitiness in Dark Kiss is a perfect counterpoint to the depth in Forever Midnight and even makes Forever Midnight's caramel comfortable for me. Neither is a "love" for me by itself, but the combination is fantastic.

javaholic
javaholic

Love the smokey incense with the sweetness. Warm yet fruity, well blended. Very nice evening fragrance and colder months.

vega1
vega1

I've always enjoyed this scent but every man I've been near that's smelled it, ranging from teenagers through late 20s, they've all hated it.
It's a bit too sweet.

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

i think this perfume smells pretty unique. the perfume is dark just like its name, and sweet, both floral and fruity. for me its a bit too dark i need something more uplifting;)

Lillitth
Lillitth

Dark Kiss starts off with a primarily vanilla/peppery scent, but does dry down to a nice spicy smokiness to offset the sweetness. I wish it stayed with me longer, but it becomes so faint so quickly that it's really only good as an after shower spray. I have found out that it does need to be layered with the lotion if you want it to last. It's a nice perfume but wouldn't be my first pick. On the other hand, my husband absolutely adores it because of it's spicy notes.

arrode
arrode

This is very sweet and heavy and reminds me of a lot of celebrity fragrances, but in a good way. I actually really like this and was lucky to pick up large bottle of this right around the time they discontinued it. It lasts forever on my skin and has a very fruity, dark scent which would be nice for the evening summers. I'm actually quite impressed with the longevity of this fragrance. Very unfortunate this has been discontinued as I think it's one of the more interesting BBW scents.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I have never been excited about a B&BW scent. Okay, I like Twilight Woods shower gel, but that's it. I got the Dark Kiss shower gel last year when they had their big sale. I bought two bottles of this along with maybe 8 other shower gels. (They were so inexpensive!) I went through several before I came to Dark Kiss. WOW. I was shocked.

I don't know what it is but the smell is intoxicating. I immediately went on the hunt for more, but to my dismay, I found it was discontinued in store. Luckily, I found the shower gel, lotion, and body splash on their website and I snatched up a big load of it. Unfortunately, I have had to resort to eBay for the EDT, as the body spray (although yummy!) does not last. Overall, I have fallen in love with this scent even though it is cheap smelling, very sweet, and kind of "lame" in comparison to all my VERY expensive Guerlains, etc. But who cares? There are times when this is what I am in the mood for, and I find myself craving it! It's sweet, juicy, rich, warm, and the incense doesn't really smell like incense, but I think it's what makes the scent so mmmmmmm good!

And as a random side note, this is the only shower gel I own that can remove the rank smell of self tanner!

clifff
clifff

When I first smelt it, it was like this huge burst of berries and flowers, almost like candy but less sugary and more creamy.. But then after some time this mask wears off and all you're left with is this really dark rosy smoky whiff. Good silage though not much impressed.

KisaSlater
KisaSlater

I miss this fragrance! I wish bath and body works hadn't discontinued selling this product. I loved the chocolaty smell of this product so much.

stargazer423
stargazer423

I used to love this perfume and I always got so many compliments on it. Incense and blackberry are good descriptors. The only reason I stopped using it was because it reminded me of my ex boyfriend. Definitely one of bath and body works' best.

murriels
murriels

For me is the best B&BW fragrance EVER!!! it's sooooo intoxicating, mysterious, I mean it's sweet but at the same time is some bitter, definitely my signature fragrance, I always carried with me the travel size body lotion and everyone who smelled me was so enchanted by this amazing fragrance and the long-lasting it´s incredible too! There's nothing like Dark Kiss, just my opinion but for me doesn't smell like BS Midnight Fantasy, DK is sooo far much indulgent and delightful!!! 10/10

YogaRose
YogaRose

BIG MISTAKE to discontinue this beauty.
This has by far the #1 most complimented fragrance of mine, ever.....Even more so than Miss Dior Cherie.
Divine, royal/midnight blue, and almost edible plums. I'm hoping that one day they seriously bring this one back.
The bad part with the lotion is that it seems to expire though. I had to throw it away because there was a smell there.

APH-Canada
APH-Canada

Just got the last bottle they had at the semi annual sale tonight. I am in love with this stuff

fuggi181
fuggi181

just like midnight fantasy by britney spears except its less sweeter

greenelf
greenelf

It's slightly more fruity, low rent Angel by Thierry Mugler. But--because it is lighter and less musky, it doesn't seem to freak people out like Angel does. (Women HATE that fragrance on me--the only scent I can remember women actually asking me never to wear again!) I like this kind of scent--I find it comforting, somehow.

divasg
divasg

My only favourite from BBW and that's because it is exactly like Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. Think Dark, Think Berry, Think Mysterious. It's a simple beautiful dark scent really meant for nighttime.

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

My ex-boyfriend gifted the gel, edt, and lotion to me one Christmas..I guess he liked it but he didn't pay enough attention to know I'm into bbw's vanilla scents. But this was nice enough for me to keep and use. It's very smokey, plum/berries vanilla musk to my nose. The incense smokiness is the most prominent to my nose, the vanilla is dark.. Very musky and balsam heavy. It's very rich and long lasting, definitely a night time scent. This one seems quite popular, which I'm surprised by as I would think the smokiness would throw a lot of ppl off. I find this to be less girly and more young woman compared to bbw's other frags. It's nice, sexy for what it is I guess..but not anything great. I've debated buying it for my ever growing collection for nostalgia purposes, so we shall see

I do find it depressing however that scents like dark kiss stays on the shelves while good ones like vanilla noir , brown sugar fig, rice Shea flower, etc get discontinued. I always thought vanilla was everyone's favorite.. Not that I don't still love WVS and bean Noel..dark kiss is definitely among the better of bbw's current selection, at least..

jackiedufield
jackiedufield

Not my favorite BBW fragrance, but it really lingers on your skin, unlike a lot of the other BBW scents.

tlpnightwatcher
tlpnightwatcher

I keep a small bottle of the hand lotion on my desk and when I apply it at work, it envelopes the area. One co-worker will wander over when he smells it and pick up the the bottle and just inhale. He says it smells like a stripper. I don't think the fragrance conveys "stripper" but for him, it's very erotic.

mary.dinoface
mary.dinoface

Ok so after giving this perfume some good time to think about weather i liked it or not, im gonna say not lol. I decided to give it one last chance the other night bc I was going out and my lil sister said something smelled like really bad rotten fruit! I was so mad bc now I had this perfume on but whatever. I dont like this smell at all, but Midnight Fantasy is much better!!

HANDAN86
HANDAN86

I USED TO LOVEEE DARK KISS A FEW YEARS AGO ..NOW I LIKE IT MORE THAN LOVE IT.
I REALLY ADORE THE WARMNESS THIS SCENT HAS.
SMELLS JUST LIKE SKITTLES.
IT COULD BE TOO SWEET AND OVERWHELMING AT TIMES THOUGH .. THAT'S MY ONLY COMPLAINT.
I REALLY LIKE THE DARK KISS SHOWER GEL THE MOST OUT OF THE WHOLE COLLECTION.

marylu
marylu

I really don't know how to describe this one. If anything it reinforces the vast differences in personal taste and body chemistry.

Upon first application, my first thought was, "ugh". I didn't get any sweetness, vanilla, etc. Just something that did absolutely nothing for me. It must be the incense.

I'm amazed at the comparison between Dark Kiss and Midnight Fantasy. In my opinion, this is NOTHING like Midnight Fantasy, which really is a lovely fragrance, and one in which the sweetness and vanilla is evident, and could I suppose, be considered a somewhat sexy scent. However, for me Dark Kiss is anything but sexy.

If I were to rate it by Like, or Dislike, all I can say is, I really wish there was a Can't Stand button for this one!

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

I have the body mist of this scent and it lasts 12h on my skin. Impressive since it is not an edt or an edp.
Smells a bit like Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy, but not totally. I had Midnight Fantasy, but got tired of it. Now i can´t stand the scent. And im not so interested in Dark Kiss eigher. So if anyone wants to swap it, let me know. It is an 88ml bottle, 2cm is gone of it.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

I was so sad that B&BW is not carrying this is the store anymore. This scent is so sexy, musky and dark juicy berries. I've been layering the EDT with my Pacifica Island Vanilla lotion and absolutely love the combo. Unlike other B&BW scents this one stays on forever and its definitely a compliment-getter, males seem to really like it. Great everyday affordable scent for fall/winter, is very similar to Britney's Midnight Fantasy (which I also love). Hope they continue to carry this one online.

xMonsterloverx
xMonsterloverx

I am so in love with this. I got it as a x-mas gift from my grandma, who's obsessed with anything that has lotion. Now I know where I get it. haha. I got it in the body butter form, and I literally can not stop using it. I put it on after showers, and it stays on my skin until the next day. Which is crazy. I can't describe what it smells like. I mean, it's really sweet, and the packaging says it's flowers, but I don't really think that's what it is. haha. Insanity is happening. Anyways. Everyone who smells it on me is instantly in love with it. They're always like. Where'd you get that? What are you wearing, you smell awesome! :D So yeah. I'm loving it.

Thatkid
Thatkid

I like this and started wearing it in 2010, my friend liked it so much she started buying it, don't know if she still does. I usually only wear this during summer. My nurse flat out asked me if I was wear "Ciara", so maybe to her they smell a like.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

This fragrance smells like someone dumped a vanilla and berry smoothie in the middle of a witch's supply-shop. It's lovely and sweet, luscious, mesmerizing, sexy, and a little bit mysterious. I LOVE IT!!! Incense remains a top note when I wear it, and it lasts for several hours. This scent is my go-to whenever I go dancing. It's more of a night-time fragrance, but I love it so much that I sometimes wear it during the day as well.

kathhxoxo10
kathhxoxo10

I have ALWAYS hated this scent, but a few weeks ago at Bath and Body Works during their Semi Annual Sale, I had a coupon that was Take 10$ off any purchase of 30$ or more. I picked out everything I wanted but needed about 8 more dollars to reach 30 and get the deal. I saw that the Dark Kiss EDT was only about 7$ (75% off)& I knew I didnt like the scent but I decided to get it anyway and try it out. I still am not crazy about the scent because it it a little bit too unique for me but I will wear it occasionaly. I would describe it as a deep berry/plum scent

ttrappe
ttrappe

My mother bought this for me and she must have had a cold...This is not me at all.

sweethearttx

I talked to Bath and Body Works...the scent will still be available online according to them. :)

colorblindlove

THIS IS GETTING DISCONTINUED!! I'm mad at BBW now :( This scent was one of the best ones there!

adriannabels
adriannabels

I don't like this fragarance. This is too strong and sweet. This is just like a cheap soapbar. No mystery that you seek in it. It's more appropriate when you wear it at night.

sweethearttx

I love this stuff! One of my new favorites. I have the fragrance spray, and it's such a lovely mixture of berries, vanilla and musk. I don't have anything like it, even though I have many similar scents.

I really don't think this is a masculine scent at all. But yes, it is a more seductive scent. The image it invokes is wrapping myself up in yummy cashmere! On me, the berries dominate but in a very subtle way.

I think this fragrance is especially nice in the winter, for day or night, or for night in summer. I wear it to work too, although I'm not using an EDT so it's less concentrated.

The mist lasts about 6-7 hours without being overpowering (I'm one of those people who wants my perfume to be noticeable only to me or someone really close to me, not from 6 feet away). I have a bottle of the EDT as well that I haven't tried yet, but got on clearance. When I work out after work, the scent re-generates and it's lovely.

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

I'm probably not the best at describing "notes", but I think this is a grown-up way to wear berries and vanilla...BBW somehow is able to take something that could smell super sweet and juvenile and make it sexy.

I could never wear it at work, the fragrance police used to tell me it was too strong, so I keep it for home!

I just discovered that Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears smells almost identical to this, and can be layered together, if you want to go all-out dark and plummy delicious!

maianh83
maianh83

I heard that BBW Black Amethyste is seductive to men but I love Dark Kiss more. I love them both much. So, I bought 2 body cream tubes of BA and 2 body cream tubes of DK, mixed them this way : 3 of DK and 1 of BA and the smell is much much more seductive and more attractive to men !. My bf could really Not resist when I applied the mix of those two lotions !

msjessicarabbit
msjessicarabbit

I don't understand all the reviews saying this is how they think a vampire would smell. I get how this is thought of as a night scent, but I think the name and description of this are really coloring how people are perceiving it. On me, I have been told that I smell like delicious mint chocolate chip cookies, so I also wear it as a day scent. The key for getting away with it during the day is to use sparingly. One or two squirts to my neck, and I am good to go. It lasts a pretty decent amount of time, and the projection isn't bad. While I can see this as either a day or a night scent, I think it is most definitely a winter/ fall/ cold weather scent.

geelightning
geelightning

I agree with flyingfish below that this is how a vampire would smell like.

Don't get me wrong. I like it. I think it's sexy in a slightly morbid kind of way. Kinda like a bottle straight out of Morticia Adams' wardrobe. I think the people who like this scent might be best friends with people who like Demeter Funeral Home. :)

I want to but I don't think I'm brave enough to use this. This honestly scares the bejesus out of me whenever I smell it. I always feel like there's a vampire coming or the ghost of my dead relative is just right behind me. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that my heart races when I smell this. I watch too many movies.

I won't throw away mine, though. I'll keep it for when I need to channel my inner Morticia.

Well, since it's Halloween, it's in season I guess :)

ggkeller
ggkeller

Love it!! Why did they get rid of this one and kept Country Chic?

flyingfish
flyingfish

I honestly think this is how a vampire would smell. The Christopher Lee and Tom Cruise kind. The scent scares me, I don't know why. It's too strong and overpowering, and not in a good way. Gives me headaches whenever I smell it on someone. And it's so easily recognizable.

oceanblue
oceanblue

Dark kiss is a sophisticated scent which I adore. Its feminine and sexy. The initial spray smells fruity, and light, but 1-2 spritz is good enough. The sweet and fruity scent mellows down when the 'dark' note steps in. This really lives up to its name; dark:sensual, sweet:kiss. This will definitely be the best choice for a date with your love ones at night. I wouldn't recommend others to wear this scent to work or in the day though, this just fits perfectly at night. Will repurchase this scent for sure.

strawberri_bear94
strawberri_bear94

I had this for a little while and I ended up giving it away. It smells exactly like Love Spell Midnight (not listed on this site). LSM was a temporary scent at Victoria's Secret and I didn't like that one either.

It smells like Amber Romance from VS and slightly like Love Spell...which you'd think would be nice but it was so overpowering and it gave me a headache, allergies, and nausea.

I wanted to like this scent, but it gave me a bad reaction. I'm glad most of you seem to enjoy it though! :)

fragranceluver715
fragranceluver715

This scent is so amazing!! It is so fruity, I can definetly smell the plum and dark berries. The musk in this makes it even more amazing! I love fruity scents but not too fruity. This is great!!! I have it in the lotion and shower gel, i really want it in EDT form!!!! I just wish bath and body works would consider releasing EDP's instead.

gparedes143
gparedes143

smells amazing i sprayed some dark kiss on one hand and jimmy choo on the other and asked my hubby which was what he couldnt tell the difference i think they smell so alike as well ! love it!!

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This is a sexy berry scent...very seductive....this one should have been named twilight woods cuz I get a dark vampy vibe off of this one. I'm with the reviewer who wrote that all the products together are too strong.....I like to use the body creamy all over during the day....it has a perfume effect to it....at night I spray the body mist on too....I think this is very sexy. Love it.

marshallsx2
marshallsx2

Back before Weight Watchers limited my frequent trips to local restaurants, I used to go to Perkins for delicious, calorie-laden breakfasts. My very favorite of all the giant muffin flavors at Perkins is raspberry creme. This perfume smells just like a raspberry creme muffin! It's absolutely delicious, a strong, sexy berry best for date nights or winter wear. The blackberry and plum give it a dark juiciness, and the amber and vanilla mix into a sugary cake scent. When this scent first came out, I found it too strong. Now I love it. I just wish I could stop wanting to lick my wrist. :P

citadel
citadel

This is so weird, but the lotion is definitely stronger than the EDT. I bought the latter a few weeks ago when I wanted something very girly and sweet for when I need a break from my heavy orientals, and although I enjoyed it, it seemed to fade immediately from my skin. Today, I popped back into the store and picked up 6 body lotions (6 for the price of 3? Insane sale)--2 of them were Dark Kiss. As a lotion, the scent lingers for hours. I've never preferred a lotion to an EDT in terms of longevity, but it's definitely the case with these two products.

harlequin1274
harlequin1274

Too strong, but my mother in law loves it! To each their own!

immyjo
immyjo

I got the body spray for Christmas one year and hated it thinking it smelled like sex in a bottle. Months later, I found it in the back of my bathroom while moving and I sprayed it once and fell in love with it. I still think it smells sexy, but in a good way. I started wearing it when I went to Italy and my guy room mate looked at me curiously as I left the bathroom and goes, "It always smells so good in there when you come out". I figure if that guy in particular thought it smelled good, then it must be true (he doesn't generally notice that kind of thing). I went on a buying spree and got the lotion, another body spray, and the EDT bottle. I only wear it on occasion, but I feel sexy as hell when I do. It's not too sweet (see my review of Be Enchanted) and lasts a while.

LilyMizell
LilyMizell

Oddly enough musks and incense dissappear on my skin, my skin seems to draw out what is sweetest in every scent. Here i get deep berries, almost a plum-like scent. sweet amber and creamy vanilla with a hint of roses.. Really weird and nothing like the bottle!! but i love it :)

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

Simply Amazing. so much so that it does not smell like bath and body works at all! they really did a great job with this one. It smells like getting a passionate knee shaking kiss during a full moon when all the night blooming plants open up! Cant go wrong!

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

I rarely if ever love anything BBW makes. However, I adore this. It is so unlike the other scents I own. It's smokey with rich plum and berry undertones and as the time wears on it evolves in a rose musk fashion into a truly sensual creation. Bravo to BBW.

Selo12394
Selo12394

Dark Kiss is an exquisite, rich, and very sweet fragrance that has always been one of Bath & Body Works' best. It is dark, yes, thanks to the rose and incense, but also very, very fruity. If you're not prepared for a highly fruity scent, you may not enjoy it. The vanilla is also very nice but the berries and plum dominate. It contains no chocolate, but the combination mimics chocolate with the same consuming power. This strength makes it last longer than the other light florals in the same line. I think it's very sexy and best for cold, nighttime wear, certainly not on a muggy day. A mature (for B&BW) and distinct sweet scent; one of my favorites, perhaps too strong to wear every day, and likely a lot sweeter than many people expect, but one that's easy to keep coming back to because the blend is so addictive.

SparrowLight1
SparrowLight1

Dark Kiss is the only berry scent which I have ever liked; usually they are much too sweet and artificial-smelling on me. This one is definitely still really sweet, but the incense and vanilla deepen it into what I can only describe as a "sexy berry fragrance." I still don't wear this as often as my non-berry scents, but for cooler weather and casual to semi-formal days when I want to smell yummy and feminine, but not too floral, this is what I pick.

carolinedb
carolinedb

I gave this to my mom a few Christmases ago, and I love it! It is very sweet, but it still smells mature. Sometimes, I "borrow" a few sprays when I'm in her bathroom.

Dori_T
Dori_T

I got this in my Christmas sock, and immediately got the whiff of strong alcohol. It mellowed out into a sharp berry smell after a few minutes, but the staying power isn't great on my skin. There was more vanilla and sugar than I expected (dark for me= musky/dusky/night smell) but I got the blueberry poundcake with powdered sugar frosting from Walmart. Not a bad scent, just not for me.

TatiElaine
TatiElaine

I absolutely love this!! I wear it all the time because it makes me feel sexy and as my maid of honor says i smell feisty when I wear it. And My fiancé practically trips over his own feet whe he smells it, it's a total man magnet. Like it says on the back it really does bring out the primal instincts. The best way to describe it is mature. I absolutely love it, my man loves it, and so do all my friends. What more can I ask for?

4Raven
4Raven

Every single time I wear this I get compliments, I love it! <3

londonhermit
londonhermit

I think this fragrance is great but I've learned from trial and error to just stick with the body lotion. The mist spray is potent and the dry down to this is very cough syrup like.

CarissaAthens
CarissaAthens

I have this in the fragrance mist, and I just can't stop smelling myself. It's delicious! Scent lasts for days on my clothes too, but recently I went to a friends house and she asked if I came from a Hookah Bar? LOL! I was like WHAT??? The Incense really takes over after awhile, but I don't mind.

marydoan90
marydoan90

Very similar to Midnight Fantasy, but Dark Kiss is less sweet and more mature.
While I like MF, it was much too sweet for me, and so I thought I found my answer in DK.
BUT sadly, DK took a turn for the worse. First it was yummy dark berries, then it turned into an exotic and sensual scent. But at the end the incense made it smell like, as one reviewer mentioned, medicinal vapor rub on me :(

cocobella
cocobella

it really resembles midnight fantasy, but this much smells even better. it is more creamy, like someone said before, like a blueberry-cheesecake. so yummy. the lasting power is average but on clothes not bad. i think if you do not overspray it this one can be worn all year round. really irresistible !

frosting712
frosting712

For my body chemistry here... Dark Kiss just simply turned sour on my skin. I didn't like it. Too much fruit.

SBunny
SBunny

This really is a lot like Midnight Fantasy but even more gourmand. It's tart and sweet on first application with the juicy blackberries, it stays like this for a little while but when it dries down it becomes much creamier with the amber and vanilla rounding it off. Here it smells like a sweet blackberry cheescake and this is where it starts to differ from Midnight Fantasy.

Lasting power is around 5 hours and the sillage is pretty decent too. It's sweet and ffruity enough for Spring, creamy enough for Autumn/ Winter but maybe a little bit too creamy for Summer.

horseluv99
horseluv99

Dark Kiss is a very strong but also sweet scent. I love the vanilla in it as well as the amber and the fruity hints. I love the way it's strong so that it lasts. It's one of those fragrances that you can tell if someone is wearing it when they walk by.

woolseywoo
woolseywoo

One of my best guy friends left for basic training and I gave him a big hug the last time I saw him. He called me later that night to tell me that he couldn't stop smelling my Dark Kiss perfume on his shirt and he didn't want to wash it off! Dark Kiss has been my sexiest go-to fragrance over the past few months. Dark mysterious berry scent with lovely amber and vanilla undertones. Now I have one more reason to love it. If Dark Kiss is still around after he gets out of the military, I'll be there to welcome him home in it.lol

Booogie
Booogie

How do they get it so creamy?! I put this one off for such a long time because I assumed it was your typical candied berry scent but it's just... Yum. There is something so alluring & addicting about this one... I like to call it a "smell-gasm".

monkey79
monkey79

The first time I smelled Dark Kiss I said, "this smells like sex and candy" lol. Seriously though, this is a very sexy scent. It can get a little strong so use sparingly. This is one of my favorites!

Turtledove
Turtledove

So I didn't expect to like this, but it's really delicious! It's like a decadent chocolate raspberry cheesecake. I can see it becoming a touch heavy, and it's not for those who don't like sweet(ish) gourmands, but I think it's really nice for winter, it's rich, creamy and tart, much different from most BBW products I've tried. Definitely give it a try.

colorblindlove

I wanted to like this so bad...well I like it, but not as much as I had hoped.
It's just so heavy on me and even with the body spray, it's still so heavy and sweet on me that the smell becomes unbearable after awhile.

The lasting power is pretty good on me I'll admit. My body spray of this lasted at least 3 hours on my skin. But I really don't think that I'll buy this again.

EDIT 6/1/2012: Wow I love this now! This is perfect for the night time or when the weather is cold! It's sexy and sweet at the same time! I might even buy the perfume when I'm done with the body spray.

kimee
kimee

I have this in the Fragrance Mist. It was a blind buy and I was very pleasantly surprised! Actually, more like ecstatic! It smells so much like Britney Spears Midnight Fantasty but is smoother, creamier and muskier. Also not as sweet on me. So happy, because Midnight Fantasty is lovely but far too sugary. I definitely would choose Dark Kiss over Midnight Fantasy.

It is suprisingly strong for a Fragrance Mist and is just a good as an EDT on me. This fragrance of dark berries and vanilla is delicious. I would be happy to purchase this again!

lindsayrogerson
lindsayrogerson

Dark Kiss is my absolute favorite B&BW scent. On my skin, it smells mostly like berries and vanilla, with a little musk. Just enough irresistibility to keep you coming back time and time again. My boyfriend is so obsessed with Dark Kiss on me that I now use the body wash, lotion and mist. Not for everyone though - the employee at the store told me she hated it because it smelled like Vick's Vapor rub on her. She let me smell her wrist 5 minutes after she sprayed it on herself... really didn't smell like the same fragrance! Definitely try it before you commit. But I loveee it for myself!! :)

appleblossom22

*should never be bought blind*

appleblossom22

This scent requires an acquired taste. It's heavy and powdery and the name isn't lying when it says "Dark". There's a sultry smokiness to this and I only wear it to formals and parties. It's a bit too unique for daily use and should be bought "blind". It's definitely not a crowd pleaser but it's a treasure to have.

Izadora
Izadora

This product is one of the best things I ever purchased. Not once did I regret buying it. I get compliments from everyone about the fragrance. It lasts long and leaves my skin feeling smooth and moisturized. People all the time ask me about it. Someone once told me they could smell the perfume from across the room! I absolutely love this product!

WitchyWoman727
WitchyWoman727

one of my new favs. very sweet but dark at the same time/

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is similar to but does not last as long as Midnight Fantasy. It also has a smokier scent to it that Midnight Fantasy lacks, and has more vanilla. In some ways it is a more complex scent, but it does not have the staying power of Britney's. But if you like Midnight Fantasy you will also probably like this.

ilyn1208
ilyn1208

very seductive scent....

smell<3like<3candy
smell<3like<3candy

This is one of my favorite smells ever. I have the spray and the lotion and the shower gel, and used to cover my bed in the spray to help me sleep. But for some reason all I can smell in the perfume is rubbing alcohol. BBW "musks" are usually very sweet and feminine to me and i really wish the perfume held the same scent I love in the other products.

Bassmastadroog
Bassmastadroog

The first fragrance I have "really loved" (not that there aren't other nice scents, but ones that just grab you!) from BBW in a really long time. I hold musk really well, and on those who also do you will sense that aspect more heavily. On my skin it initially vibes as a super sweet mixture, then quickly settles into a seductively delicious mix of candy berries and creamy vanilla, while still remaining smoky enough to eliminate the Teen Sweetness.

*If fragrances bearing "sweet"-ness do not work for you, you may not enjoy this* < Can't repeat that enough. While mysteriously cloaking you in musky vanilla, I still find the sweet berries to be the overwhelming scent! It works for me when normally that wouldn't though, so I speak highly. It is DEFINITELY an attractive scent. Inexpensive for the size of the bottle, as usual for BBW.

piratewench
piratewench

Dark Kiss is a heavy and very sultry scent, it is appropriately named. It is not often that I snatch up something as quick as I did this, my husband likes it too. Great for a special evening, a little to sexually heady for anything less.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

If you enjoy Philosophy's Falling in Love, I think you will LOVE this. It is longer lasting, sexier, deeper and has more depth than the a fore mentioned. I am impressed, Bath and Body Works! Bravo! I am from WA state in the USA, and I can tell you that this smells like fresh blackberry cobbler that is being eaten outside next to the fire pit on a fall evening! It is sensual, ripe, soft, cozy and yet charismatic all at once. Love it!

Pomme21
Pomme21

I received the lotion as a gift from a friend along with the spray, and used it for a couple of months. Dark Kiss is a berry scent that is very strong and a bit overly sweet for my tastes when first applied, and after a while only a sweet candy-like scent remains - a male friend of mine said I smelled like caramel. The scent in lotion form has a surprisingly long lasting power as well. Despite how overpowering it is initially, I rather enjoyed Dark Kiss, but not to the point that I would purchase it myself.

Rach1
Rach1

Most sexy perfumes I smelt havn't been THIS strong. But i can take it lol. I luv wearing it in the evening and of course I LOVE the name fo this fragrance! So perfect and i love using my imagination with it. Mytical and sensual (but strong...works for me though)

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Ohhhhhhh!!! I really like this one! I think it's name is perfect. It is dark and warm and cozy, though just a tad too sweet for me to seriously love it. I may get a small bottle of the body spray just to have it on hand if the mood strikes.

*just to add...my 9 year old son picked up the paper tester strip of Dark Kiss this morning sniffed it and said "niiiiiiice!" he totally loved it!

Dayhomemama
Dayhomemama

I got it this weekend and still love it, I used the body spray and lotion and love being able to layer it all!
I don't get the musk in it at all, which I love, to me it's dark and sweet and sexy, edible lovely darkness! I think it's gorgeous and reasonably priced for everyday wear!

bloodmoonprincess300
bloodmoonprincess300

This is a very nice scent. Its sexy, and dark kiss fits it well. Every man i know likes it :). It can be a little heavy, but the smell is very nice. It smells like deep berries, and warm vanilla. A very good choice for older teens and women in their twenties and thirties. A very good dating perfume. You wont have to worry about smelling good wearing this perfume, its one of my favs.

At first spray, this is berries and vanilla, just like the sign in the store says. Let it develop a bit more, and the incense starts to come out. I don't detect any florals. It starts off feeling a bit young because it's quite sweet, but the incense gives it a slightly darker vibe. The name fits this well.

Whit
Whit

To me, this smells like Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy, except the lasting power with MF is much better. If any of you have read other reviews of mine, you know I prefer just the body lotions of frags. Midnight Fantasy's body care line is extremely hard to find, so Dark Kiss will replace it for me. It's very nicely done and sexy too. :D

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

I sampled the body spray today. It is pleasant. I can smell vanilla and spices, but honestly it is nothing really special and I doubt I woul ever purchase this. However if someone were to give this to me as a gift I would wear it, because like I said, it is pleasant. There is something that reminds me of sunscreen. Coconut maybe?

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I've had the body cream for some time now and love wearing it. Like divaluxe said, it makes one feel "sultry". The body cream is so strong you almost don't need to use another product from the line, but I decided to invest in the body mist to really insure longevity on this scent. Alone, the body mist seems to be a skin scent, although maybe others can smell it. In any case, I like this scent a lot, it reminds me of fall and winter nights.

adayoncedawned
adayoncedawned

Smells too... Peppery for me. It smells exactly what it's named as, Dark. I definitely prefer the lighter, prettier scents.

devaluxe
devaluxe

To me, and this is a compliment, I smell fresh blackberries and wet earth. I adore this scent. It's definitely a winter fragrance for me for cooler weather and I feel sultry when I wear it at night.

luvyalots
luvyalots

I love it! It's very unique-ish(except when it's compared to Midnight Fantasy). I can't describe the scent, besides that it's sweet.

creamsoda45
creamsoda45

this stuff smells so good, one of my favorites by far. i find that the bath and body works body mists are really nice and not as strong.

SandraV
SandraV

I was thinking this would smell like BS Midnight Fantasy(which is nice but is pretty much just blueberry on me).This is much more complex-I do get the berry notes but there is a warmth behind them-mostly amber,balsam and musk.I tried this,Forever Sunshine and Carried Away and this was my favorite by far.I will say there is more of a berry note in the shower gel.Both the lotion and the body butter are much lighter scented than the body spray which is good-otherwise it might be a bit overwhelming.
Edit-After wearing this tonight I'm kinda disappointed as it has no lasting power-maybe I need to check out the Edt...still love the scent however fleeting it may be!

JulieLadyBug122
JulieLadyBug122

I only have the body mist but I find this scent odd and I cant make up my mind about it. If I only use one spray it smells good but that doesn't last so I spray more and then I get this gross I don't even know how to describe it smell. But then I will smell it on my friend and it will smell good. My sister absolutely loves this so I guess it's just me because everybody else seems to love this.

isabella211
isabella211

totally random review, but i really love this as a room spray! on me, it turns kind of weird. really i can just detect the "cheapness" of it, therefore refuse to wear it...but sprayed on my sofa antique chair and bedding, it fills my whole house with a seductive elegance. very sweet, but dark and romantic. gives a "come hither" feel to my room.

iloveelifeee
iloveelifeee

Vanilla, flowery, berry... this is an amazing scent! I own the lotion, the body spray, the perfume, the scent oil, the candle, and the glitter mist. I love this to death<3

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I only have the body mist in this and I loved this when it first came out, but for some reason now when I spray on it turns to an almost dusty offensive smell on my arm after awhile. Even the next morning I could smell that weird smell on my wrist still and didn't like it. It does smell alot like Brittney Spears Midnight Fantasy, which I like better.

twillocks
twillocks

At first I liked it. But after a little while it started smelling like stale cigar smoke or dirty smell. YUK

Happyvalleygirl
Happyvalleygirl

I love this and was surprised at the similarity between this and Vera Wang's "Rock Princess".

chix
chix

This smells like cigar smoke & cotton candy. A couple of people actually asked if I had been smoking cigars. Not for me. It has moderate sillage & lasting power.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I thought I liked this scent at first but after wearing the lotion and body spray, I started disliking it. The scent is way too strong and the incense is overpowering.

Allyfally
Allyfally

This is my absolute favorite scent I think I've ever had. As soon as I walked into BBW when they first released it, I knew it was going to be my new love. Before this, Love Spell was my favorite. I think the two are slightly similar, but Dark Kiss is just completely ME.

I bought a spray, lotion and a body wash. My friend took the body wash from me, and I made the mistake of taking the lotion to work. All my coworkers loved it too, and now I need to buy a new bottle. Even male coworkers said that they liked the scent.

I really hope they never discontinue this scent, I will be heartbroken.

samM
samM

Im South African and was in Canada a few months ago when I tried this perfume...Oh my word, its lovely! Im back in S.A now and all the women are asking me where I got it from!

Ms. Holmar
Ms. Holmar

I do see how this is an oriental floral because it seems to smell like that to me right after the perfume is initially sprayed (I think it's what you called depth and darkness) and the cotton candy smell wears off. I think that makes it smell a little less like a teenager scent. I even like this better than warm vanilla sugar, so it's a definite good one for me. :)

iHeartMoschino05
iHeartMoschino05

I love this scent.
Very sweet and this is my current favorite,I only bought the lotion and it smells divine.
I can really smell the plum in it and the darkness.

Loraamore

I get a lot of compliments when I wear this, mostly from women. It smells like chocolate raspberries on me.

perfume rocks
perfume rocks

I love this scent in the slatkin candles oh my gosh it makes my bedroom smell so sexy and warm LOVE IT!!!!! I also have the perfume and i will say i love it to but my mother said i smell strong so i have kinda quit wearing it im afraid im smelling to loud, but it is very nice it smells like berries, cotton candy and musk or vanilla mixed together really neat and it last all day into the next day!!!

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

LOVE this fragrance! It is a bit strong when you first spary it, but it fades to such a soft, sexy scent. This scent last on me when other B&B products tend to fade. My husband finds the scent pleasing also, and he is not one to comment on most of the fragrances I wear. This one catches his attention.

Nanc
Nanc

A very berry playful and fun sent to wear anytime!

arg1971
arg1971

THis fragrance is sweet and sexy girlfriend bought me the body mist for christmas I really like this one

sateria
sateria

The berry and dark vanilla are VERY PROMINENT in this fragrance... It's a softer scent for casual wear. I like it but it's definitely not an oriental floral by any chance... more a vanilla fruity.

glamrose
glamrose

I'm using this body mist at home and when going shopping because of its refreshing scent. It's quite strong on the first spray but not repugnant to the nose. The base is as mysterious as its name, Dark Kiss. I really like this a lot. Can be worn in any season.

rinkybabycmh
rinkybabycmh

this smells like fruity pebbles to me for some reason and the lotion smells better than the spary. i think the name of this and secret wonderland should be switched though.

c3c
c3c

While it's been awhile since I've smelled Britney's Midnight Fantasy, I have to say that's exactly what I thought of when I smelled it. So I totally agree with that reference. It has good staying power and sillage. Other than that I'm not sure how to describe it. It's not the sweet dark berry I tend to go for, a bit sour almost. No incense for me.

bliss
bliss

This is a LOT of berries. Very very sweet for my taste. I think it's good for teenagers, it's very casual and a little bit cloying. The touch of spice is nice but the berries overpower it in my opinion.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I bought the candle and I like it very much, smells like Starburst Berries N Cream, dont know about using this as a fragrance...

EDIT: I got the body spray, lotion and shower gel... The combo is waaay 2 strong together, almost nauseating...Will be returning the lotion and shower gel...

amalia22
amalia22

I have never bought a BBW perfume before, and I actually boycotted the whole store a few years ago because they would not let my 3 year old use their bathroom. Anyway, they were handing out this "Dark Kiss" for a free sample of little lotion maybe 2 ounces, and I put it in my bag. I used it a few times and the scent stayed with me, so I bought the gift box and perfume, and I like it a lot. It does not smell like vanilla, I hate anything remotely connected to vanilla!! I think it does smell berry-ish, but not like bubblegum to me. I got a larger sample of their Twilight woods, which to me smelled lots of sandalwood, but this one is different and more tame. Its BBW not some high end designer, so for me its good when I get out of the shower at night I'm not going anywhere!

justbeyondutopia
justbeyondutopia

I recently bought a few of the small sample-sized lotions from B&BW and this was one of them. I decided I liked it the best of the scents I had picked out, so I pretty much covered myself in it after I showered, before a party last night. Every single guy I hugged when I got there was just entranced by it. They all said it smelled like chocolate, even though thats not even in the notes. Regardless, I got so many compliments! I'm definitely going to buy the perfume version!

falovalo
falovalo

I tested the lotion in this fragrance and it's, well, I guess the best word is "okay". It's pretty sweet, nothing in it to make me think of anything "dark", as the name would imply. There's no incense, no berries, nothing but vanilla sweetness. Dark Kiss smells very much like Britney Spears Fantasy, it has that sweet, bubblegummy youthful quality about it. It's cute, but not for me.

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

Nice! I have this in the shower gel and love it! It is sweet and fruity, yet it has a complex scent to it that I really enjoy. Very long-lasting on my skin hours after my shower, and that's just the shower gel.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

THIS SMELLS EXACTLY THE SAME AS MIDNIGHT FANTASY BY BRITNEY SPEARS!!!

And if you get a huge bottle of midnight fantasy online its way better than bath and body works version (which is 30 dollars for a smaller bottle). Really this stuff smells exactly the same. What a rip!

rainydays
rainydays

A little too sweet when first applied, but after a minute of settling on the skin, it turns into ripe, sweet, smooth berries and mild, subtle spices. When I smell Dark Kiss, I immediate think of a fragrance that suits autumn... comforting and warm, but still has a hint of summer's vibrancy.

Loraamore

I appreciate the reviews on here and it helps to know what other perfume it smells like. I just purchased this and after a full day I smell like the Strawberry Shortcake doll named "Cherry Cuddler". The good news is, that I love it!

Anorton1965
Anorton1965

I have not worn this myself, but I have a co-worker who has worn it for a week. I thought she was wearing a cotton candy lotion, because that's what I smelled on her.

It's good lasting power, good sillage, because I can smell her in the lobby of our building when I come in after her.

Standing next to her, I don't smell any musk, any berries or any floral. It smells like candy.

It smells really nice, but the fact that it smells like candy is making me not want to purchase it. I figure I'm a little to old to go around smelling like cotton candy. LOL.

guest_NEWWAVE
guest_NEWWAVE

Creamy, Fruity, Yogurty! Deep, but not Dark.

guest_kcobbul
guest_kcobbul

On of my favorite fragrances. The perfume does last longer then you might expect. One of the better newer ones in my opinion. My bf loves it too. Not too strong or offensive. I have had many compliments on this one. If you like vanilla and sweet berries you will like this one. I am not a citrus fragrance gal but I do love vanilla and BBW did well on this one.

beastin
beastin

The first thing I smelled was vanilla, berries and I don't know why, but I got chocolate too. At any rate, within a few moments I realized what it reminded me of...Angel by Thierry Muegler. It's too rich and deep for me.

mandashell
mandashell

The reviewer below is spot on. This is a more tart Midnight Fantasy that isn't as strong. Midnight Fantasy already has a lighter summer doppleganger and that would be Hanae Mori No.1.

Dark Kiss smells good, just like berries and vanilla but for the price you might as well buy Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy or Hanae Mori No. 1. Also, the scent is anything but "dark" unless you are referring to the color of the berries used. LOL!

Overall, it is simply a nice, light, tart and inoffensive berry fragrance. Would keep it if received as a gift but that's about it. ;')

Just checked it out today. From a guy's perspective, it smells like a mixed berries "yogurt" smoothie. Not very sweet. Not dark. It does have some floral'ness with a bit of oriental vanilla character in the scent. It's nice addition but not all that special. A typical B&BW we can expect.

guest_debob
guest_debob

I can't believe I bought this. It smells good and all, very sweet, berries, vanilla, but oh my. It smells like a watered down version of BS Midnight Fantasy. I sprayed Midnight Fantasy on one arm and Dark Kiss on the other and they are almost identical. The notes are not the same, but the scents are very close. This one does not last long though and the BS one does.

guest_ginnycat
guest_ginnycat

Dark Kiss is a smooth berrie Scent, which pleases me with it´s warm, but not too sweet base. Normally I´m not into berry scents at all, but this one has a nice berry side, and is not annoying my nose.
I guess all the other ingredients in this composition make the berries fade to an amount that most people will find very appealing, as well as suitable and wearable.
Not really a "dark" fragrance to me, but a great composition in the BBW section of Low-Price Fragrances!
If you like Twilight Woods you should definetely try this one!
Well done, BBW!

danimcneil
danimcneil

I tested this in lotion form and have no idea how this is an oriental floral. At least in lotion form, this smells like a floral fruity gourmand. The most present note is sweet and very purple berries. There is a whisper of depth and darkness, but only a whisper. Dark kiss is definitle pleasing, but much sweeter than I had anticipated.

Dark Kiss by Bath and Body Works 4.04 out of 5 based on 538 ratings and 138 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dark Kiss by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dark Kiss by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.