Designers » B » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Forever Midnight Bath and Body Works for women

Forever Midnight Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

caramel
Forever Midnight Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Forever Midnight Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Forever Midnight Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Forever Midnight Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Forever Midnight Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Forever Midnight Bath and Body Works for women Pictures

Bath and Body Works is launching new collection named The Forever Collection which includes two fragrances accompanied by perfumed body care products. Fragrance for women is named Forever Midnight, while name of the edition for men is Midnight.

Edition for women FOREVER MIDNIGHT FOR WOMEN opens with irresistible plum, night blooming jasmine and vanilla orchid. The floral heart is warmed and delicately spices by seductive spices, on a base of caramel liqueur. The perfume is available as 75ml edp. Forever Midnight was launched in 2013.

Plum

Avon Passion

Forever Midnight Fragrance Reviews

CozyCat
CozyCat

This stuff is just yummy (I own the body spray). I prefer Forever Midnight to Forever Red. Maybe I'm just more partial to spiced, dark fruits than vanilla. I love the plum in this, I don't really get caramel, just fat, juicy spiced plums on a dark boozy vanilla base. It's more musky-sweet than candy-sweet. It smells like a sexy Christmas night, lol! Now, I've always thought that me and plum don't get along because I cannot stand Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears, it's too loud and screechy. But this stuff is divine...it's not sickeningly sour, and it's rich and decadent smelling without being heavy or cloying or overwhelmingly sweet like Midnight Fantasy was to me. This scent is very seductive, far from juvenile. The longevity is pretty good for a body spray (then again, it is kind of pricey so I expect it to last!), and sillage is very good for the first hour or two, but becomes a skin scent after that (spray on clothes for longer lasting sillage). I will try the EDP and body lotion next for a complete layering experience. Forever Midnight is sort of similar to Dark Kiss (which I also like), but richer, more 'textured', and darker, much better in quality. I had purchased a few other body sprays from BBW (including Dark Kiss) the same time I bought this, but this was everyone's favorite at home, they all wanted to get their own bottle!

bonnie52
bonnie52

Vanilla is what I smell the most. Very warm , sweet and cozy. It seems to have pretty good longevity too! It's a winner in my book : )
The bottle is beautiful too.

mojokitty65
mojokitty65

This had a yummy appeal to me when I bought it I'm sure. Now this is being discontinued so I decided to revisit Forever Midnight while it is still in the store. Who wants to pay 100's for discontinued items, right? I thought this would go well with a cup of tea at bed time.. WRONG! I never had a perfume that kept me up all night until this one! I loved the "bite" of the juicy plum in the beginning. Even on a cool summer night it seemed inviting. Then the sweetness of the caramel and something floral.. probably orchid... and other indulgences started to reveal themselves and I wanted to bake so bad! It really does remind me of Angel in some ways in that it's delicious to smell and seems to be for a dry winter day just like Angel. I definitely won't try this one again at bed time.

ChristopherK21
ChristopherK21

Just purchased a big bottle of the fragrance mist and the body lotion of this! I love it! It reminds me a lot of Enchanted Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift! I am sad that I am just discovering this fragrance and finding out from the lady at my store that it is officially going to be discontinued after this Semi-Anual sale! I wish I had more time with it. I will cherish the time that I do have with it I guess! :)

craftyminx
craftyminx

Normally I don't like caramel notes, because they tend to go weird on my skin. However, this has enough orchid and plum in it to balance out the caramel and give it a sweet richness that works beautifully for evening, as long as it's not too fancy an event. It's not a dressing-up perfume, but it's nice for cool evenings.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I like Forever Midnight the most out of the most recent (2 years or so) releases at B&BW. It's just the right mixture of sweet and jammy, warm with good floral accents, just a tiny bit powdery. If you smell it just on the test strip this smells very sweet, mainly plum and caramel. On my skin, though, it really becomes something much better - it's warm and enchanting, subtly sweet and inviting. I like caramel as a note but it can be cloying and overwhelming. I don't think it is in Forever Midnight. I like it much more than Forever Red. It's not a super daring scent, but it is very sensual. I can see the comparisons to Dark Kiss (which I find too sweet) and Black Amethyst (which I love), but it isn't exactly like either. In fact, I bet FM would compliment BA wonderfully! I will have to try that...

I love that this isn't just a teeny bopper sugar bomb. Wearable by a vast range of ages. Try it while you can!! I believe it is being discontinued...

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

there is so much of the plum and vanilla in this, I really love it. The scent is a bit inclined to the matured , so the younger generations might find it tart too "Old" for them (hahaha!)but I don't find it that matured at all. The body cream line also smells divine and layering them would get the best results. It sure does have a similar tint of Dark Kiss in it. If you love Plum scents, then you'll love this!

above average scent ..a 4 out of 5 stars..Definitely worth the price..:)

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

Absolutely sexy....seriously. wow...it is definarely dark kiss without the strong incense. I smell the berry and vanilla the most.SERIOUSLY amazing and mature....I think they must have a new super "nose" at bath and body works hitting us with some real perfume for once. I'm in absolute love with this scent. Very few fragrances hit me in the way where I gotta smell it and I gotta have it. This is one that captivates me. I've worn it three times and I don't get tired of it or sick of it. Usually I do. I like these " noir" , dark and "black" scents but they smell sickly on me. Either the incense or patchouli go stale or masculine or smell like pencil shavings. This one is quite femjnjne and doesn't go all gross at the end. I think the scillage is fantastic and the longevity is super. To me this is a fully grown woman's scent. I plan to buy the lotion, more perfume, the mist, the shower gel......everything. I hope they have something with sparkles cuz I could rock this at night on a date. With a light hand would be acceptable at work.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I just wore this today after not having worn it in weeks and I must say that I'm really impressed! I put this on at around 11 am and its just starting to fade away at 4 pm. Most fragrances tend to only last a couple of hours on me so its nice to have a scent last longer. I love how I can also smell the top, middle and base notes of this scent too. After my sample runs out, I'm going to get the full bottle! These forever fragrances from BBW have been a hit so far, can't wait to see what comes out next :)

fionaong
fionaong

Beautiful scent that is predominantly plum. A very sophisticated scent best suited for evening. The staying power is alright for an eau de parfum. Sweet but not over bearing. Very floral.

I really love it. This smells so good. And the bottle is really pretty sitting on the vanity. This scent is more mature than any of the BBW scents. I think BBW really nailed this one.

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

I recently received a Forever Midnight body cream, and I honestly really like it. I already like this a lot more than Forever Red.

If I had to compare Forever Midnight to other Bath & Body Works fragrances, I'd say that it's a lovely combination of Moonlight Path and Dark Kiss. I'm not a fan of Moonlight Path, because I find it to be too powdery and too musky; it's too cloying. As for Dark Kiss, I enjoy it when I'm in the mood for it, but I feel that the sweet elements are too strong. In Forever Midnight, though, there's a powder quality that compliments the sweeter elements of the plum and caramel. I think it's beautifully blended, and if you think that Forever Red has too much of a candy sweet quality to it, then I would recommend checking out Forever Midnight. It's sweet, but it's not overkill, and the sweet notes don't seem artificial.

I think the reason why I think the sweetness smells more "natural" and "effortless" is because of the vanilla orchid. I think it's the star of the show in this fragrance, and it blends so well with the other notes.

Overall, I can totally see myself buying the entire line in the future. This stuff took me by surprise in a good way. Thumbs up, Bath & Body Works!

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Got a cute sample sized bottle of this. never thought I would like plum in a fragrance but wow, it is delicious!! The plum mixed with the jasmine is very very nice, this stuff is great. It dies down to a plummy vanilla with a tiny bit of caramel blended in but on me it's only a tiny bit. This stuff lasts a nice long time, I sprayed at 10:30 am and it is still nice and strong at 3:30 pm. It has excellent sillage but not overpowering. Highly recommend you try a spritz, the tiny bottle is only $6.00 so it's well worth it! I love that B&BW has added the tiny bottles on some of the newer perfumes, they are great for travel and spritzing on the go and middle of the day refreshment, the big plus is the are prefume (EDP) and not body spray.

stefaniedawnn
stefaniedawnn

This beautiful fragrance has made me fall in love with plum! I adore the caramel in this as well, it's divine. A lovely alternative to the Forever Red scents. This went from a "like" to a "love" very quickly upon buying this. It's juicy, warm, & seductive.

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

Total plum.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Bath & Body Works Forever Midnight is not what I expected! My bestie bought a sample size and when I smelled that I absolutely loved it, so I ran out and bought the big bottle. Deep plum with sultry jasmine and a sweet caramel undertone. Great for an evening out during the winter, the cold has a way of bringing out the caramel/vanilla from the fruity-floral top notes. Excellent fragrance and beautiful bottle!

KellieB
KellieB

I bought the small sample bottle for $6.
I'm not in love with it but for BBW it's good.
I also have Dark Kiss which I really love. So many of their scents just fall into the same artificial base.
I will use this as a fallback to keep in the car for those moments I need it. My favorite aspect is the dry down to a nice complex vanilla.

yantestrs
yantestrs

Lotion review:

Smells old-school. Strong and super sweet. I like it. I think this is mostly the plum and caramel that I'm smelling. Night time fragrance. Oddly cozy. The lotion, as always, is superb: absorbs quickly but moisturising without being heavy and greasy.

mungergrl
mungergrl

No, no, no, no... I got this and a sample of the Forever Red Vanilla Rum, which I loved. I really wanted to like this but all I got was a hit of burnt sugar with acrid overtones and then a nondescript floral. I love dark scents, but this was sadly, not for me.

rye
rye

Right off the top I have to say the perfume bottle is beautiful! One of the nicest to come along anywhere in a long time and never at this price. Inside is a soft scent of plum, creamy caramel, and on me, what smells more like soft incense rather than 'spices'. Stays close, lasts a few hours and is wonderfully warm and delicious. I really love it.

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

This is spicy / warm spicy. What I smell the most in Forever Midnight is the spice. I think it saying sweet first is wrong, it should say spicy first. This perfume is different from the other ones. This does belong with the Forever family as I personally think the Forever collection is aimed at an older crowd. Forever Midnight isn't something I would always wear. Forever Midnight is for the nightime like the name says. I'm glad BBW is doing more mature fragrences. Overall I give this perfume a 6/10, because of my taste.

anya1976
anya1976

I am in love with this perfume. I never thought of bath and body works having such a pretty perfume.
I tend to buy their body splashes for casual wear but this is something I'd wear out on a date or going to an event (nothing I'd do with their body splashes).
I was curious when I kept seeing the commercial for this scent but when I sniffed it I had to buy a mini bottle just to try it out. I've already used a quarter of the bottle. I NEED a bigger bottle. Hopefully for Christmas I will get the larger size.
this was relatively long lasting on me. I had sprayed it on myself before bed and was still smelling it when I woke up in the morning. sillage on I am not so sure since no one had really commented on my perfume.

colettemichelle
colettemichelle

I like this one a lot. It's a nice departure from the tween-y fragrances they've been doing. Sure, it may not be a Kurkdjian but really, few things are, at this price point. The scent is much more complex than I had expected it to be and I enjoy wearing it. It's a comforting, sweet, cozy fall/winter fragrance that I plan on purchasing.

lahoorah
lahoorah

After reading the notes on this one, I was interested in trying it, especially since it's been a long time since Bath and Body Works has had a simpler orchid scent in their permanent line.

I tried the EdP in store and frankly, I should have known better. Instead of a lovely fresh blend of orchid and plum, I got blasted with the scent of powdery caramel.

Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy gourmand scents, but this wasn't anywhere near a balanced blend of gourmand goodness. After about 5 minutes of Forever Midnight being on my skin, I couldn't take the heavy sillage and had to go scrub it off. Thank goodness there are sinks in store!

Again, I should have known better to even try this one on. BBW has fallen into a bad pattern with these saccharine fruity florals. And to top it all off, this version comes with a premium price. Definitely disappointed yet again.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

A rich, sweet, but not cloying blend of plum and caramel, with just a touch of jasmine, and a spicy drydown, refreshingly free of the usual vanilla/amber/patchouli mix.
The longevity is impressive, and the sillage is strong enough to warrant a caution---use this scent sparingly if you choose to wear it to work!

xanman
xanman

I love this. Although mature and tenacious it's a fragrance that whispers-( once the dry down occurs ) enveloping its recipient in a soft mysterious cloud that soothes and tantalizes simultaneously. My husband commented upon greeting me at the front door that I smelled very good. ( most times he needs prompting) Forever Midnight is perfect for an evening out.. or in. Office wear okay as applied with an extremely light hand.

pipergirl
pipergirl

Orchid and plum with a drizzle of caramel, sooo good and definitely more on the mature side as opposed to candy sweet. I sniffed this today for the first time and I had to buy a $6 sample spray. This goes on surprisingly heavy for a BBW spray and longevity is pretty good. I'll be adding this to my Christmas wish list.

NoireFox
NoireFox

My local BBW was gracious enough to give me a deluxe "invitation only" decant of this. Not as good as Forever Red, but not nearly as bad as some of their more sickly offerings (i.e. Pink Chiffon, Sweet Pea, etc.). That being said, it still is pretty sweet. To my nose, it smells like a de-spiced version of Dark Kiss (which was awesome) with the "vanilla" accord amplified. Sounds pretty boring, right? Well, it is. Overall its a very generic fruity musk, but at least it doesn't smell like HFCS candy.

Tovah
Tovah

Mmmmm! I never used to shop at Bath and Body works...nothing they had ever seemed to catch my nose. As with Forever Red, I was innocently making my way along the sidewalk (towards Ulta to sniff)and, once again, the store must have been blowing the scent outdoors through air conditioning vents or something. It attracted me like a magnet...and I bought a bottle of Forever Midnight...on the spot. This reminds me of a very, very subtle version of Nu, with maybe a little Blv Notte. On me it's quite spicy and the incense is just dreamy. This is definitely more of a traditional evening-type fragrance, but if worn lightly it could be work-appropriate. This has a lot of sillage and lasting power, so don't spray heavily before work! I'm super happy with this purchase because I was ready to drop $100 (the average price for a fragrance here) and I spent less than half of that! The bottle, like Forever Red's, is lovely colored glass, but the cap is large, and I think it's a bit tacky. Bottle aside, I am really enjoying the facets of this great new scent.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I would try all the newest fragrances coming out of BBW and VS but so far most of them fail to impress me. If you like Forever Red, you will like Forever Midnight. Those two are almost identical in my opinion, except Midnight is teensy bit heavier and has plum note which does give it "nighttime" feeling. Siliage and projection is so so-that seem to be the case with most BBW scents lately. I have mini bottle of this and while I think its a nice scent, its not anything new or different.
Its basically smells like vanilla with some plum..Eh..on to the next

kenney77
kenney77

I love plum and caramel in fragrances I'm male but plum and caramel are listedc in male frags so it's very awsome

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

Two parts BBW Dark Kiss and one part Black Amethyst equal Forever Midnight.
It's nice enough but nothing special, and the asking prices for the Forever line products are outrageous in my opinion. There's no way I'd spend $20 on one 10 oz. bottle of BBW body wash when for about $10.00 or $15.00 more I could buy a Euphoria or Tresor Midnight Rose shower gel, or just buy Dark Kiss or Black Amethyst for $11 a pop. If the marketing folks over at BBW don't retract their money sucking fangs and come to their senses I see Forever Midnight face-planting within a year.

That said, it's not bad..so maybe I'll grab a few bottles when it hits the clearance rack. ;-)

rachellecunningham
rachellecunningham

A new Bath and Body Works just recently opened in a city close to where I live and the first thing I did when I got there was test this scent. I'm a huge sucker for perfumes with a strong plum note, and this one did not disappoint. I wouldn't call it seductive though; I would definitely wear it out at night but I wouldn't expect people to be asking me what scent I'm wearing. That being said, I love this new BBW addition and can't wait for my guy to smell it too.

poivrerose
poivrerose

Straight out of the nozzle the plum note is strong, juicy, but almost a bit fresh. When sprayed on the paper tester it almost smells too fresh for what it is supposed to be. So I definitely recommend trying this one on your skin before dismissing it completely. Anyways, immediately the orchid warms up and the caramel begins to seep through, and the scent deepens. It is actually a nicely balanced for a BBW scent. They usually either go the way of "too sweet", " naggingly fresh", or "headachy floral"? Forever Midnight is never too too sweet, despite the caramel and plum elements, and I definitely admire that- it IS a sweet fragrance though. The florals are also under control. Just don't over spray, or I suspect it could get a bit stifling. It does hover in the realm of tens of fragrances that have a striking resemblance to one another, but I am not finding it an exact copy of anything in particular. It definitely has a sister fragrance, but it just escapes me at the moment. It is sultry, flirtatious, and very fem. It would be a great evening scent for those who want a sweet deep floral fruity, but don't want to achieve it with any patchouli or amber notes. Plummy orchid - hint of caramel, a pinch of spice. It becomes smoother and smoother as it wears. Very respectable sillage and lasting power.

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

I love plum and I will definitely be getting this fragrance, along with the other 43 BB&W that I have already :)

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

I like this! On me, I get a musky, plum scent, with an overcast of powder. The musk makes it more refreshing. I don't get much creaminess or caramel at all. It def. is sweet, but there's something familiar about it as well. It gives me that, "where have I smelled this before" feeling, however.

It projects very well too. I wore it yesterday and the sillage was projecting out of my coat. The warmth of my body and the chilly rainy weather made it smell gorgeous to me. It's perfect for cold, chilly, rainy days.

Sillage only lasts about 1.5-2 hours on me. Lasting power is 3 MAYBE 4, even on clothes. That's the downside to me. When you first apply it, it goes on heavy, so you think it'll stay forever and you spray lightly. However, it doesn't last that long so you def. have to respray.

Do I recommend? Yes. But sniff it out first! If you don't like musk, plum, and/or sweet scents, leave it be :)

hellokoi
hellokoi

Almost all of Bath & Body Works' newer fragrances smell the same on me - cheap, musky, sharp floral mixed with a nondescript, cloying sweetness. I get that same feel from Forever Midnight.. sharp, musky floral mixed with a perfumey, almost burnt smelling sugar.

After about an hour, the scent does mellow and turn creamier smelling and easier for me to wear, but there are a lot of sweet fragrances in my collection that are just better and smoother. My husband didn't like this one either and kept saying that it was giving him a headache.

I thought that this would be a winner, because of the plum & caramel liqueur (sounds amazing) and the fact that it didn't list musk in the notes, but it smells similar to all of B&BW's newer releases to me. Disappointing. They just don't work on me :(

Emilym1992
Emilym1992

When I first tried this, I didn't like it which disapointed me greatly because it had so many wonderful reviews. Today though I tried it again and it's absolutely delicious! My chemistry must have been weird to something when I tried it the first time. Would highly recommend this!

ImCreatedBeautifull
ImCreatedBeautifull

Forever Midnight caught me by mere surprise. I wasn't expecting it to be a HUGE HIT. The scent is BEAUTIFULLY concocted, dare I even say that it's a complete masterpiece. It's perfect for night's out with your mate, perfect for girl's night out. It's a beautiful, long lasting scent.. kind of daring & definitely sexy in a classy way. I love it!

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

Happy to see it in the database now! I like this one much more than Forever Red. It's sweet and decadent, a very nice orchid-caramel. I probably won't buy a large bottle, but I'm glad I snapped up the $5 mini.

Forever Midnight by Bath and Body Works 3.95 out of 5 based on 160 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Forever Midnight fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Forever Midnight, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Forever Midnight by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Forever Midnight by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.