Designers » B » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Forever Red Vanilla Rum Bath and Body Works for women

Forever Red Vanilla Rum Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

rum
Forever Red Vanilla Rum Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Forever Red Vanilla Rum Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Forever Red Vanilla Rum Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Forever Red Vanilla Rum Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Forever Red Vanilla Rum Bath and Body Works for women Pictures

The 2012 sexy fragrance Bath and Body Works Forever Red has received its successor launched just before New Year holidays and is available in limited editions. Perfume Forever Red Vanilla Rum announces genuine gourmand flavor perfect for holiday atmosphere, accompanied by limited body care collection.

Forever Red Vanilla Rum provides a characteristic and very seductive composition based on notes of addictive vanilla-rum combined with black lily with cream composed of black currant buds and leaves. The thought of the blend with these ingredients allures interest and tingles the senses. The perfume opens with juicy mandarin refreshed with cream composed of black currant buds and leaves and black lily flowers. The heart adds a union of jasmine petals, creamy gardenia and apricot nectar resting on a base of rich vanilla rum, seductive musk and black cashmere wood.

Forever Red Vanilla Rum is available in a flacon shaped like previous edition Forever Red, with somewhat darker glass with red bow and letter, in the amount of 75ml EDP. Forever Red Vanilla Rum was launched in 2013.

Cassis Lily Mandarin Orange

Jasmine Gardenia Apricot

Cashmirwood Musk Vanilla Rum

Forever Red

Forever Red Vanilla Rum Fragrance Reviews

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

I don't get much mandarin, but I get creamy black currant and lily right off the bat. The jasmine and gardenia mingle for a soft floral heart, but the real beauty of this fragrance is the rich boozy vanilla rum and cashmere wood. It is strong and long lasting---several hours longevity and the sillage is enough that coworkers and passing strangers alike were complimenting me.
As the fragrance wears, the vanilla rum and cashmere wood continue to soften into a cozy, warm, sexy scent. I REALLY love this fragrance. Definite fbw and a rebuy/keeper!

małgorzata.kupiec
małgorzata.kupiec

Really pleasant vanilla scent. Very simple - something like Courious in Control but lasts longer. There is not much rum in it, but enough to stand out from the other B&BW scents [ which are for me all the same ].

I got little 7ml spray and small body mist, and I thing it's the best combo :)

EDIT: ok, i lied - while spraying on one hand Courious in control, and on the other Forever Red Vanila Rum, I can smell in FRVR lots of white flowers I did'nt notice earlier.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Absolutely one of the most horrible, synthetic, cloying vanilla perfumes I have ever smelled. Really cheap & nasty. Thank goodness I only bought an inexpensive sample. No rum notes whatsoever, just disgusting fake vanilla. Could not wait to scrub it off.
Apologies to lovers of this, but I would suggest to those curious about it that you try it before you buy.

Please do not thumbs-down me because I do not love it, I am only giving my honest opinion and I don't believe in trying to be tactful, or nice about something that isn't.

rue_de_la_roux
rue_de_la_roux

This is quite an enjoyable offering from Bath and Body Works. More perfume-y than their usual fare. Rich vanilla and rum, yum!
I got a small perfume spray and a tube of the body cream. Excellent longevity. At first I really liked it, but now, a few months later I still like it but I can only take so much of it, after a few hours I am ready to wear something else. I must get bored with it or something.

ForrealMe2

Update..can i just say the longevity on this perfume is amazing..i sprayed this as my go-to bed scent and when i woke up hours later i could still smell it and strong..simply amazing for the price..i bought a big stash...it must stay in my life..

Emilia88
Emilia88

This is a dead ringer for Hilary Duffs "with love" (which I gifted to my younger sister).
It's sweet like vanilla sugar and definately has some warm spices.
I get some sort of fruit aswell, but it's synthetic and could be any fruit, really.
I will have to give this one away, too. It's WAY too sweet for my taste but I have a friend who will surely love it. Sillage and projection is amazing, especially for the price.
I must say I'm a little diseappointed, but on the right person I know this will smell lovely.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

I bought this for my teenage Daughter, I expected it to be a typical synthetic vanilla scent but she really wanted it, and I am glad I got it for her, the scent is amazing! I got some for me too, glad I gave it a chance. The lotion is really nice too. Would definitely repurchase next time on sale.

IamABluegrassFan
IamABluegrassFan

I left a review on the original Foreve Red and I was talking a lot about this one. I can say that I love this perfume. It wish it lasted longer because I love the scent. I hope Bath and body Works never takes it away. I will always wear this scent.

From,
Hannah

laurakaye
laurakaye

Found a mini EDP on clearance for $2.50 last week. This is delicious, sweet and cozy. Perfect for winter. I have not smelled the original Forever Red but this Vanilla Rum version is a keeper, I really hope it comes back in some form next year. My first "boozy" scent. I love it. The rum gives it a nice depth, so it's not just sweet vanilla - it's sweet vanilla with a sexy side. Yum.

My only regret is that I didn't snap up all the minis that were left.

dmaw
dmaw

Had to try this after reading reviews. A spicy vanilla. Unfortunately, does not last long.

herreroph
herreroph

Great fragance from BBW. Top notes are as name listed (vanilla and rum)
Fragance: 10/10
longevity 5/10
Sillage 5/10

stefaniedawnn
stefaniedawnn

This is heavenly, I'm so in love with this! The perfect winter/holiday fragrance. A divine combination of rum & vanilla, I'm so glad I purchased this before it was discontinued. This is my favorite of the Forever line. Warm & delicious. I honestly don't think it's very similar to the original Forever Red. It's an original scent of it's own & I cannot compare the two. This one is superior to the original & has better lasting power. I'd highly recommend purchasing if you still can.

Cecille
Cecille

I got this in the small EDP on clearance - I love mini full strength samples as they work with my fragrance ADD - and liked it so much I just bought the full size EDP and the body cream on 75% clearance. <$20 for the pair! Dark, warm, sweet, lovely. Not fruity or buttery. Some spice...maybe like cinnamon and clove? I can't see wearing this in the summer because it'd be too heavy. But lovely and cozy-warm for winter. Coke used to make a coke/coffee product called Coke Black (Blak?). I drank it mixed with rum and this scent reminds me of that (though there's no obvious coffee note here). As for the bottle, it bugs me. This frag is better and more complex than the usual lowest-common-denominator issue from BBW but they put it in a bottle with florid red lettering on the front and a flimsy red plastic ribbon around the neck. This one deserved not to be tarted up.

nastyamason
nastyamason

Not a complex scent but very pleasant nevertheless. I sprayed some on my pillow and enjoyed the scent all night and could smell it in the morning. I got 2 large EDP and a lotion, for the 75% off price it is absolutely wonderful. Get it before it is gone!

iLoVeTHe80s87

Love love LOVE this! I work at BBW and this was a holiday scent, that's why it's going away. Maybe next Christmas it'll come back. But just ot make sure, I bought a bunch of this since it's on sale 75% off!! It smells so seductive. And at the same time, sophisticated. It doesn't get powdery on me after a few minutes like Forever Midnight or Forever Red. It stays yummy! Highly recommend this if you can get your hands on it!

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

So, I picked this up a few days ago and have been wearing it every since (this is big for me, I usually switch scents every day). When I sprayed it on my wrist the day I got it, I went shopping afterwards. I kept getting this whiff of something, warm, but fruity, and and kind of fresh. I then realized it was me!

This smells like fizzy, dark cola with tons of vanilla and some woods. It's so good and it's perfect, especially when you're fresh out the shower, as it makes you smell fresher. I don't get much lasting power, it lasts 3-4 hours on me, sillage for 2. This is the EDP!

I highly recommend this!

dbrii24
dbrii24

I don't know why B&B is discontinuing Forever Red Vanilla Rum. I find it to be alluring, seductive and beautiful. I had stopped buying B&B fragrances because to me they're all similar in smell. I recently discovered this and bought four large bottles of the body mist and two of the eau de parfums after finding out it's being discontinued. Such a shame. This is golden for a B&B fragrance.

ForrealMe2

I just got the original forever red in and after spending time with both now the verdict is in: I absolutely love this more than the original but unfortunately this has been discontinued ..oh why did they have to go and discontinue a scent i actually like!!!ughhh..So now,why do I like this more? because the vanilla and rum are definitely more stronger and the scent lasts a lot longer and the juiciness of the pomegranate is very enhanced and makes this fragrance really shine..i also used both lotions with this to test out and after spending more time with this one I really do prefer it more.I will probably go out and get as many bottles as I can because I like this too much and the price is good for a frangrance like this that has good lasting power and sillage and additional products to enjoy. BBW Vanilla Rum takes the original and makes it a step above. I can't believe I like this so much but this has the perfect amount of juiciness with the pomegranate and makes it come out in wafts more too..you may think you cant smell it but then the wafts hit you again and again.. what a nice addition the vanilla and rum..totally the sweetness i was looking for in all my fruity gourmands but just didnt hit the spot..this one does it right..i might invest in the body suffle in forever red to try to make that much stronger because without the added vanilla rum the juiciness is there but it fades out quicker.If a fragrance passes 3 hours and hits the 5-6 hour mark at least i am happy..this has been my comfy go to bed scent lately :)

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I tend to shy away from BBW perfumes because they all start smelling the same to me. That and also they are not impressive with lasting power at all. Anyhow I read the review on this one last night and decided to go to BBW today and smell it. I am pleasantly surprised. On a positive note they were all on clearance so I purchased the remaining 5 EDP bottles and lotions. Only 9.88 per bottle with $10 off coupon. Going to hold on to these since it's discontinued. I like it. It is not super potent but wow surprisingly it lasts very well and long. I agree with the other reviewers it would be a nice cold weather scent. Actually I sit here many hours later and still smell it on my arm and clothing which is quite unusual for BBW fragrances. They really got it right with this one. It smells more expensive then it really is and I am so happy I happened to walk into BBW today and find them selling for a song. p.s. if you find the lotion grab it too because it also lasts a long time. I hope they continue to make fragrances with the potency of this line if so there is lots of promise for perfume from BBW.

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

This too me is a very mysterious scent it's like love and sex in a bottle I know that sounds weird but it's just such a unique smell that that's what I get out of this just pure sex appeal but that's good I normally just buy body care products from bath and body works but this scent was so intoxicating that it just whispered buy me. That I did and I love it I bought the whole product line. This scent last a good while not too long but that's okay cause the perfume its self is awesome 7/10

theboynextdoor
theboynextdoor

Forever Red
Vanilla Rum.

Or as I like to call it:
Black Vanilla Rum.

This fragrance evokes mystery and indulgence.

The original Forever Red is a purely confident, powerful, and delicious statement.

This darker version, however, is quite the opposite - Soft spoken yet alluring.

It's entirely intoxicating:
Potent like a hidden poison disguised as a sweet, mesmerizing love potion.

Vanilla sparks the senses.
& Rum finishes the job.

Boy
Door

Museumgal
Museumgal

The opening fruity notes don't seem to blend as well with the rest of the composition, they seem jarring and out of place. Once they go away the rum and vanilla are delicious and boozy, very nice rum scent for the price. Lasts very well. Wish those top notes fit the rest better though, they just seem out of place.

Retrospectiv
Retrospectiv

I went to the Semi-Annual sale at B&BW last night, specifically to check out this fragrance. I've owned a rollerball of the Forever Red since last year, and wear it on occasion though I'm more and more drawn to 'mens' scents as I find most womens too sweet.

In the store, I thought the two smelled very much the same, but you get olefactory fatigue pretty quick in any BBW...

I sprayed some of the EDP Vanilla Rum on one arm this morning, and the original Forever Red on the other. Done that way there's a much more noticeable difference in the two. While you can tell they're related, the original jumps out with that sweet pomegranate and fruit. The Vanilla Rum is noticeably SPICIER, deeper, far less fruity from opening to dry down. It really is 'dark rummy' and is quite delicious, if you're in a gourmand type of mood.

The travel size EDP is on for $5, and I'd be happy to wear this occasionally in cool weather. I'd consider it too heavy for warm weather, and it might be a bit much for a sensitive office environment, unless you've got a light touch. Haven't had a chance to do the sniff test with the male co-workers yet... Available in EDP and EDT sprays in several sizes each.

aqua76239
aqua76239

this was a pleasant surprise-I liked original Forever Red well enough but it wasn't anything Earth shattering in my opinion. Plus it just didn't last.
So when I was at BBW the other day, I decided to give this a whirl. Well, well...finally something good
This is similar in some ways to original FR but stronger and spicier. And boozier. This doesn't smell like anything floral at the slightest-I can't smell gardenia or any other floral notes
This is sweet, woodsy and rather spicy and seductive. Loving it so far. As a matter of fact, I didn't hesitate to pick up a bottle of edp. I considered a matching lotion but I wanted to bring the spicy notes in it a bit further so I got their Dark Amber lotion(in case anyone wonders, this is their men's cologne and they have matching lotion). I think its pretty awesome together
One thing that I am NOT loving is the bottle. Its kind of cheap looking, imo, not to mention heavy and cumbersome. Not a fan. But fragrance is stellar. Perfect for cooler weather. Too bad that where I live the temps never go below 70 degrees:(

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I absolutely love this one! To be honest I would buy this over Bond's Westside though this one has a more feminine edge to it. I think many guys would run from it leaving me to be one of the brave ones. I will spray this one more time and wear it more purposefully them may spring for a bottle of this and the Midnight for men.

I believe the perfumer did a great job mimicking the note breakdown above. I don't get much of any woods and the jasmine is blended well with the apricot but it causes depth versus the kiddy fruity that could have transpired. Put it in a Bond bottle and you have a hit. There is a bit of masculinity but i would be stretching to call it purely unisex. We can pull it off fellas and even if not maybe a slight blend with something darker and you have a classic. I would want to eat a woman wearing this!!

prettyswag

you have to enjoy sweet scents to like this one...if you are more into light florals and dont wear much scent this is not for you...this is a holiday date night type scent for the sweet amber vanilla lover...lol

prettyswag

i got a tiny bottle of this to try out for 6 bucks...is much better than the first forever red...this sweet but not as headache cloying sweet as first one..but this is more wearable and sexy with warm rum...

ForrealMe2

i tried this today and in comparison to forever red this has the base notes of forever red with the vanilla rum as the top notes and the remainder of the fragrance altogether..if you prefer the base notes of forever red then get this its rich in vanilla with the rum but the vanilla is dominant..i prefer the original FR over this because it evolves to this yet starts out juicy with rum.

update:with the bbw semi annual sale i couldnt resist getting 2 of these for 11 bucks each plus lotions 5..and while i love the original more this is just as good and this one last for hours! I was amazed at how long i was smelling this fragrance for about 5-6 hours at least..wafts just hit my nose from time to time..it says above there is no pomegranate but when the wafts come in you could smell the delicious fruitiness i love about the first one...i will have.to use this sparingly if its being discontinued as stated above..i love forever red and vanilla rum alot..i definately recommend grabbing it while you can

AMSClassic
AMSClassic

This is terrible. Tried it today and it turned out to be quite the scrubber. Dries down to rotten rasberries and rubbing alcohol. Not pleasant.

mungergrl
mungergrl

This is so good. I smell rum and vanilla and apricot in this and it blends perfectly with my chemistry. I liked Forever Red, not enough to buy a full size bottle, but this is truly tempting me. The drydown goes through phases of rum and caramel with gardenia and a hint of apple. It's not so heavy that you can't use it as a daytime scent, but it's so delicious that I'll save it just for me for evening.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I bought the little perfume sample bottle of FR-VR, (a great deal at only $6.00!) not sure about the perfume, I like it but it may just be a bit too masculine for me, I believe the woods and the bit of rum I can make out man it up a bit, it almost has a tiny aftershave-ish air to it. I am wearing it and enjoying it right now, as long as I keep my nose away from my wrist the perfume is entirely likable (I just like my fumes likable both close up and far away). There seems to be some nice berry coming through, but it is a darker, more serious perfume. Not sure if it would do for work, as it is a pretty good projector. Not sure if the husband will like it as he's a foody, sweet lover. FR-VR has a bit in common with Twilight Woods on me, I like Twilight Woods but I really have to be in the mood for it, and the husband is not a fan. One big plus is this stuff lasts forever, and the sillage is good.

Sillage: 7/10

All in all, It may grow on me, I'll get a few more small perfume sample sized bottles just incase since it is a limited edition.

raw umber
raw umber

I give Bath and Body Works credit for acknowledging that they cannot keep making watered down fragrances that severely disappoint even the most suggestible of people, if they expect to maintain their loyal following.

Forever Red Vanilla Rum actually smells like something! It smells loud and it smells long. No disappointments about the potency of this juice.

That said, it smells like Viva La Juicy stirred together with a shot of Captain Morgans. Could be cute on the right person.

MisterCrazyLegs
MisterCrazyLegs

ummm, this took a big ol' bite off of Lalique Le Parfum. And thats ok...Im not a hater. But the bottle and the notes reveal it to be a very close sibling, if you will, of Lalique's scent.

It would seem that the longevity is impressive if you go by the longevity/sillage markers gauges above...but I have a gut feeling that Lalique Le Parfum, has a more impressive projection. I have it, and it lasts all day.

just sayin. I think Bath and Body Works has done some good work, but lets not send it to Fashion Week, just yet...capiche?

Lovesmells
Lovesmells

This was being promoted at my one of my local BBW as the newest of this series. I cannot smell Forever Red on my skin and the midnight does not spark in my nose, a bit cloying.
I get a little selfish during the holidays - buy one for you.. one for me... one for me, nothing for you.... So I bought this for me.
The top notes are quick and vanilla. And on me it goes to base very fast. While in the car with my husband, he said he smelled pipe tobacco and it smelled nice ( he does not smoke). Yes it was me, at the very bottom of the base, there is a mild tobacco note, which I have always loved
Rum? well maybe an aged Bacardi Rum, which would smell like faint tobacco
I'm going today and getting a full bottle if it's a limited edition

rye
rye

Oh sweet baby Jesus this is good! Vanilla rum. Lush. Could that be the Gardenia? A fire, a Christmas tree, and thee. It's that kind of scent. I bought the perfume and it was money well spent. Lovely little container, happy little me.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I didn't care for Forever Red, and though I like this one a lot, I won't be getting it. It's quite mild like the Vanilla Sugar scent. It could even BE the Vanilla Sugar scent with some rum! It's a nice one for the holidays, but for myself, I would wear it in the fall. It's very reminiscent of walking in the deep woods early in the fall and stepping into a clearing where the late afternoon sun hits....moist, woodsy, and warm. The cool air and dampness are only minutes away, but until it hits, this perfume resides. I would love this as a gift, but I've just too many loves already to purchase myself.

almarie
almarie

Absolutely beautiful!

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

You can really smell the rum verses the orginal Forever Red. To me this is a complelty different fragrance from the original. You can smell the rum way more than you can in the orginal. I'm straight edge have been most of my life, which means I've never drank, that's why I never bought perfume that has any notes like Rum in it, but Bath and Body Works pulls it off. I do like the orginal more, but this one is still worth a try. I really think Forever Red Vanilla Rum is for the older crowd. Overall I give this a 6/10, because of my taste.

iLoVeTHe80s87

I work at BBW. Yes, it's a holiday limited edition. And it is AWESOME! I love it! It's so warm and sensual, yet sweet and delightful! And it's a strong scent without being overpowering. So yummy!!

Whit
Whit

I bought the body cream in this and it lasts much longer than the original Forever Red. I love the rum in this and thankfully my skin amplifies that note. The only downside is that the sales lady told me is was limited edition. Yikes! I hate it when they come out with something I really like and it's only LE! For those of you that like boozy scents, give this one a try. :D

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

Forever Red Vanilla *Rum*? Hmmmmm. I'm interested in smelling it, certainly, but that's like if Estee Lauder were to make a flanker called "Estee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia Tuberose Gardenia."

Forever Red Vanilla Rum by Bath and Body Works 4.39 out of 5 based on 122 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Forever Red Vanilla Rum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Forever Red Vanilla Rum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Forever Red Vanilla Rum by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Forever Red Vanilla Rum by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.