Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Gardenia Bath and Body Works for women

Gardenia Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

tuberose

Gardenia by Bath and Body Works is a Floral fragrance for women. Top notes are jasmine, peach and pink grapefruit; middle notes are tuberose, gardenia, freesia, vanilla and heliotrope; base notes are coconut, musk and sandalwood.

Jasmine Peach Pink Grapefruit

Tuberose Gardenia Freesia Vanilla Heliotrope

Coconut Musk Sandalwood

Gardenia
White Jasmine

Gardenia Fragrance Reviews

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

This was the gardenia that put me in a never-ending frenzy in search of the perfect gardenia. I have even treaded the highend Niche waters to find something as well made as this, and have come up short. This in my opinion, is how you honor gardenia; it is "cleaned" it up in a way but without losing its character. BBW did a huge disservice to itself by discontinuing it.

I would have never known of this fragrance until one day my school guidance counselor invited me into his office. He wanted to give me congratulations for getting into my dream college. I had yet to receive the letter. He gave a set of this fragrance complete with a fountain pen and a journal. I was so happy. Immediately after I left, I sprayed this and finding it a little too mature, sprayed my Clinique Happy on top. What followed were compliments from female teachers, classmates, male teachers, friends...I smelled sublime. My heart broke when I discovered it had been discontinued. I went online to find it and I wanted to scream. Fellow lovers of the scent obviously wanted to milk the cow.

It is a strong, quite green floral with a hint of citrus. It settles into a creamy, tropical base, the coconut complimenting most wonderfully. I wore this as a base to other fragrances, as on it's own was a tad too potent. This has taken every perfume I've had to the next level. This has been my best kept secret for years, along with 5th Avenue. Fabulous base scents...like the crew behind a theater production. The actors are great, but it's the people you don't see that create magic. Same goes for the notes that compliment the gardenia in this fragrance; they enhance it so beautifully as if it were a one person show, but you smell the other notes, aching not to be noticed. My original bottle is down to its last drops, and I will surely miss it when it's gone.

hadew1
hadew1

Floral, but not too "old lady." Not my favorite from B&BW, and not really my style, but not a bad scent overall. Very strong, fresh, sweet. Not particularly complex.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

Having traveled through Hawaii on my way to being stationed on Guam, Gardenia really just brings back such wonderful memories of my adventures on that tropical island as a young woman. I love this scent. I had to buy the silky body spray on ebay, but I layer this on in the summer time w/ some pineapple-coconut, and I'm in heaven. I don't care if others don't like it (I've never had a complaint). I didn't even know there were other notes besides the gardenia because this spray really smelled like when you get off the plane and step into that tropical, humid, flower infused Hawaiian (and Guamanian) air. Heaven, Heaven, Heaven.

fawnydawny
fawnydawny

This one I can't seem to figure out whether I like or not. It's a little different from what I usually wear but it is classy and feminine and for nights when I want to feel especially so. Longevity is a MONSTER! Surprisingly I can smell this on me/my clothes days later. I only really wear a little at night, too much induces headaches.

rachellkimb

I thought I'd add...I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a fan of gardenia..but I love this!

tonni
tonni

The coconut and vanilla notes make this scent sweet and boring,and make me headache.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

sounded so much more promising.. and it came out blah.. bland and unmemorable..

BBW GARDENIA is a relatively sweet big white floral fragrance which opens with a huge blast of creamy tuberose and dries down to a somewhat sterner gardenia-jasmine scent.

The longevity and sillage of this edt are quasi-infinite, as we have come to expect from synthetic white floral compositions such as this one evidently is. The usual caveat--potential headache alert--is therefore in order: one application suffices; two will transform what was relatively nice into a sure source of strife for either the wearer or those in the immediate vicinity--or both!

My cat dislikes this frag.

lovable
lovable

When I was younger I really liked this scent! Now it's a little too floral and powdery for me. I'm actually starting to dread it.

rachellkimb

Floral and sweet. I like this for day or not. I can never finish the big bottles tho..I get tired of it. You have to buy this on Ebay now..!

lol love it

guest_B&BWnbjlover
guest_B&BWnbjlover

My mom really loved B&BW gardenia scent. I was hoping to get that for her birthday. Too bad its discontinued, its the only scent she loves and wears it everyday. Wish they put it back in stores together with night-blooming jasmine, I love that scent!

arladanielle
arladanielle

BBW Gardenia is a heavenly fragrance if you like the thought of a fresh dewy morning and the laughter of children.
Enlivens my spirits on a gloomy day.
Long lasting and soft. My teenage kid likes it so much!A must try!

Sargas
Sargas

This was a favorite of mine back in 2006-2007. It was a very strong floral, with back notes of sandalwood and softer florals. I detected a hint of lavander, but maybe that's just me. I loved this scent. Very classic and somewhat old-fashioned.

Hockeelover
Hockeelover

I enjoyed this scent. I was expecting more of a gardenia scent which I like (given the name), but it is sweeter than that. However, it is not a floral sweet, but more of a fruity sweet. It really lasts, which is surprising for a cologne. If you are a true gardenia fan and expect more of a dry scent, you might be a little disappointed.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Gardenia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Gardenia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gardenia by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gardenia by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.