Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

Into The Wild Bath and Body Works for women

Into The Wild Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

Into The Wild Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Into The Wild Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Into The Wild Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Into The Wild Bath and Body Works for women Pictures

Bath and Body Works presents a new fragrance, Into The Wild, in spring 2011. The perfume is composed as an exotic blend of fruit, intoxicating flowers and woody notes reinterpreting an escape into nature and wilderness of exciting jungle.

Top notes of Into The Wild offer Juicy Mandarin, Red Apple, Pear Blossom, Pimento Berry, Pink Currant Buds, Fresh Aldehydes. A heart blooms with Magnolia Petals, Night Blooming Jasmine , Wild Honeysuckle and a base closes with Gold Patchouli Leaves, Okoume Wood, Tonka Crystals, White Moss and Warm Musk.

Into The Wild is available in wonderfully designed flacon with leopard print, as 75ml edt. On top of the perfume, the collection offers perfumed body care products.

Mandarin Orange Red Apple Paprika Cassis Aldehydes Pear Blossom

Jasmine Honeysuckle Magnolia

Patchouli Woodsy Notes oak moss Tonka Bean Musk

Into The Wild Fragrance Reviews

almarie
almarie

I decided on a whim to wear this tonight out to dinner with my family (because it's in my collection) and I hadn't wore it in a long time, so I sprayed just a little bit and it was intoxicating! Not in a good way, either. My boyfriend kept coughing and said it stunk. I thought that I had originally liked this when I bought it back in 2011 when it was released, but now not so much.

peachypixie
peachypixie

I paid a grand total of ~$6 for the body wash and mist, on deep clearance. I went into it knowing the patchoulli is probably what turned people away from this scent initially. I am the type that doesn't mind patch, as long as it is a complimentary background note, not the main show.

Here is Into the Wild, with apple blossom, sweet citrusy grape fruit, and refreshing, tender woods. It's not patch in a traditional way, so don't worry about it smelling dank or cloying. Oak moss tends to divide perfume noses, however (I like it).

I think BBW went on a bit of a limb here with this scent. I can't wait to use it this summer, and I can't complain for the price.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I just found a nearly full bottle of body mist today. I wasn't impressed with this when I'd smelled it in the store, but wearing it now, it's pretty nice. I wish now, I'd bought the EDT while it was available. This is stronger than most of their offerings, which is a good thing. This is just the right amount of sweet and spicy. I don't get much patchouli, which is good because I'm not a fan of that. I guess I'm off to ebay to find the EDT.

Update: After wearing this body spray mist for a couple days I've discovered that I really love it! It just has a wonderful, crisp, fresh, but fruity smell. The body mist is pretty strong, but I know I'm going to have to find the EDT on ebay because I just love this so much. I hope the EDT is as good as the body spray. I'll update when I get it.

stargazer423
stargazer423

I had this and liked it for a while but I got sick of it after a few months. It started to give me a headache.... I loved the patchouli and wood undertones to it, but the fruit is over powering. It's very grapefruit smelling, IMO. I still use the body wash though.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

Wooooo! The description is in the title: WILD! I blind bought this and had no idea how strong it was! Has the strength of Japanese Cherry Blossom. I am not used to getting strong scents from B&BW, so this kind of threw me for a loop. I love it though!

judyahn
judyahn

it smells good, but i wouldn't want to wear it because it smells like a party girl. there's no gentleness or seriousness to it.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

I see it's Main Accords are citrus and fruity, but I do not get these notes at all when I wear this fragrance. Into the Wild is more of a heavier mature fragrance. I don't know what notes are in it, but I would not clasify it as a fruity fragrance at all. It's an ok fragrance. Something I would not wear in hot humid weather because it does come off quite strong. I would save it more for a cooler month. Unfortunately, it was discontinued from B&BW.

daciaw
daciaw

I love this scent. I get compliments every time I wear it.

tiff001
tiff001

One of the first favorites from BBW. I bought it in store before it was discounted, have nothing like it in all my perfumes.

bbwfan1234
bbwfan1234

One of my favorites from BBW. I bought two more bottles of the mist when they discontinued it. Right now I wear it daily. It starts off fresh and dries into a deeper, more sensual scent. On me it lasts for about two to three hours, but my body chemistry eats fragrance. Only strong EDPs last for any length of time.

jessamine
jessamine

I think this fragrance is much more interesting than anything esle from BBW. Maybe that's why it was discontinued. I wore it on vaction to the beach and it was perfect. It smells tropical, but the patchouli makes it deeper and longer lasting. I'm glad I still have quite a bit in my bottle.

I used to work with a girl who would drench herself in this stuff. For an EDT Into the Wild is STRONG. Unfortunately I really do not enjoy this fragrance. Perhaps it was her chemistry, but it smelled of canned mandarin oranges, dirty ashtray and someone who hadn't bathed in a week and then liberally applied patchouli.

Maybe it was the oakmoss? I quite like oakmoss, but it can be abused in certain fragrances. I also notice that aldehydes are listed in the notes and I have never been able to get into an aldehyde heavy fragrance.

watsonisthename
watsonisthename

I've been hooked ever since I bought this two summers ago as my signature summer scent. Immediately when applied, a burst of mandarin hit my skin, and within minutes transformed into a tropical, white floral scent. It made me think of a beach at dusk.
As the scent dried down on my wrist, the white moss and woody notes came out and the scent counterbalanced the sweetness from the mandarin and apple.
I want to cry because they discontinued it...such a shame. It was the nicest smelling scent I've tried from there.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I am surprised there are so many that dislike this fragrance. I don't find a whole lot to complain about myself - on me I smell mainly the mandarin in the top blended nicely with the right amount of berries and light florals. I don't smell any patchouli at all. There is something summery and vacation-like about Into the Wild, an escape that doesn't fall into the coconut cocktail trap that many "summer" scents do. Not wildly unique but still nice IMO :)

fiona1962
fiona1962

By far my favourite from Batn and Body Works. Tears when I heard that it was discontinued.

theboynextdoor
theboynextdoor

There's something incredibly fascinating about this fragrance....but I just can't put my nose on it.

For starters, the name 'Into the Wild' is too cool.
It has so much imagination and depth behind it.
& then the packaging is just awesome. A bright, technicolor jungle backdrop with neon animal print. Its stellar.

As for the scent. Its sort of a let down.
& I'm afraid that's why it has been discontinued.

They label the notes as every fruit and floral one can imagine...but to me it just smells like clean musk.

Musk is a hard scent to describe.

Its animalistic. Its natural. Yet its quite synthetic and chemically smelling.

You'd think this scent would be sexy as can be, "wild" and what not...but its just soapy clean and fresh like rain.

Its such a bummer.

But at the same time...like I said before...this scent has such a unique, mysterious, untraceable quality to it....I almost wonder who could pull it off.

I enjoyed it in the body scrub for the shower, again just a clean refreshing fragrance. But as for the spray and lotion, it does not work for me.

It becomes very powdery on my skin the longer it sits.

Interesting scent, but not strong enough to survive the BBW market.

Farewell,

The Boy Next Door

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

SPresnell
SPresnell

One of my all time favs from BBW. I'm sorry to see it discontinued. Wish I bought more.

brendan.cawley1
brendan.cawley1

This wil still be available for sale on bath and body works's website.

cleo777
cleo777

Poor nena18sept! How mean of your co-worker and customer to make a personal comment like that and embarrass you that way. I hope you didn't let her get away with that. Anyway, on to Into the Wild. I love the packaging too, the body cream packaging in particular, it's stunning with the palm leaves and tropical flowers. Best they've ever done really. As to the scent, well, I like it, but I don't love it. There is kind of a undercurrent of something like rotting wood?! I'm not sure what it is--I do use it sometimes but seldom, because I can't get past that weird woody base. The top notes are fruity and vibrant, and then BANG the wood!! It's not really my thing I guess--I'm more into the fruity/gourmands.

e_lindemann
e_lindemann

I really loved the lotion, so I purchased the eau de toilette, and I hate it! I think it smells so much like windex! gave it to a friend and she hates it, too. I recommend the lotion but not the actual mists.

banksgirl6
banksgirl6

I have this fragrance in the lotion, and I have to say, despite all of the negative reviews on this site, it is one of my favorite fragrances. I would have bought the perfume too, except that I already use this lotion in combination with Lacoste Dream of Pink, which works really well. I think it's a nice deep floral with a hint of mandarin orange. I hope BandB doesn't discontinue it, but they were definitely trying to get rid of it at the semi-annual sale this year...we'll see...

nena18sept
nena18sept

this is just awful!.. i bought the mini lotion and i really liked it, but i guess body lotion and edt are different..the first time i worn it, one of the customers said "smells like beer".. and my co-worker said "that's her perfume".. they both laugh and felt really uncomfortable..

ivisol88
ivisol88

I smelled this on a co- worker and fell in love with the scent, went straight over to BBW and bought the large size. Very disappointed to find out how gross it is when it mixes with my body chemistry. My suggestion is to try it on before actually purchasing it to avoid the heartbreak :(

Aspendina
Aspendina

Smells really nice, I am debating buying this. Very clen scent

sharyssa
sharyssa

love it! i can smell the mandarin along with a perfumey smell i bought the edt and lotion and my daughter bought me the body cream and shower gel. i would repurchase it's my favorite.

maianh83
maianh83

I just bought this some days ago, I like it but I prefer the body mist Night-blooming Jasmine and Deep Aqua because they make me feel more "Wild" or "Natural".
So, I have a tip for people here who like this perfume and also love the floral notes and the grass smell :
- First, apply the body cream / butter with the smell of flowers or grass or both at the spot where you spray perfume . I recommend the body cream / butter Night-blooming Jasmine or Deep Aqua ( the grass and flower smell )... Then immediately spray this perfume Into the Wild.
- Repeat those 2 steps at other spots where you would like to spray perfume. ( after the ears, the back of the neck, ... )
Because I already bought the body mist Into the Wild and the body splash Night-blooming Jasmine ( which I found very floral and beautiful as high-class floral perfumes ), I mixed them like this : 1 spray of N-bJ + 1 spray of ItW + 1 spray of N-bJ => Wow, it smells wonderful, still very floral and a bit elegant but a bit sweet ( that makes it more feminine ).

iAmForbiddenRose
iAmForbiddenRose

Wow I love the bottle! It's so cute :) I loved the smell, but it gives me a headache if I put on too much.

reusch210
reusch210

I like this - it is more of a mandarin floral. It is cool, bright, fresh and vibrant and reminiscent of orange-flavored starburst candies but with more complexity. It is a smooth fragrance- very positive, happy and clean but feminine. Would go great with tan skin in warm weather - with orange-peach, and aqua-blue green colors. Tropical prints or solids on top and white or jeans on bottom.. Gold or leather sandals..Little bit of a wet grass or rainforest floor type smell that keeps it from smelling too orangey. Very nice.

amber_glow
amber_glow

I bought it today. Haven't opened the bottle yet but the tester said "buy me!" it smells fruity then flowey, and after the drydown it turns into a mysterious, and sexy scent. I smelled my wrist like a hundred times maybe..

sherien
sherien

I am writing this while sniffing my arms .. just a couple of sprays of the fragrence mist and It smells heavenly on my skin.. Truly amazing.. I guess it works differently depending on your chemistry.. I cant describe it, but it is mysterious, fresh yet very seductive and flirty, but I am lucky with it .. :)gonna buy the whole line

Morgane08
Morgane08

I bought the body cream because I thought it would be a citrus that could sort of replace Mango Mandarin.

At first it smells good, thanks to the mandarin, but after a minute the patchouli smell is so overpowering that it made me want to take another shower.

On top of that the design, with its animal print, is incredibly tacky.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Maybe I smell this differently, but this scent is a really nice scent (on me)! To me, it's citrusy with a touch of fruits and florals in it. I really like this a lot and I have been deciding whether or not to buy it. I just wish it came in those small sizes so I can get them in the 3 for $10 deal!

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

i tried this in several forms (body spray, perfume spray, lotion) and it just smells bitter-green. i wanted to like it, but i just can't.

ForeverRomantic2011
ForeverRomantic2011

This smell works really well with my body chemistry, and it was surprising how different this smelled from other BBW fragrances. I love the mandarin top note, its very sweet/citrusy and gives the sent a very flirty appeal, and the woody base gives it a more sexy smell. Very adventurous and honestly girly too. Im a girl who loves traditionally girly smells that are usually floral, but i love the this smells on me. Very enticing, i recommend at least trying it, but i can see why some people are pulled away from it, i dont know many people whose body chemistry goes well with orange or mandarin smells, but its always worked well with me.

onlineallday
onlineallday

I love this. It's fresh and warm. It's spicy and juicy sweet at the same time. It's very good fragrance from this company. Wait and see they will discontinue this good one.

chromaggia
chromaggia

Perhaps it was just my chemistry, but to me this perfume smelled as if all of the musks from "older lady" scents had been lumped together into one. I sprayed my cardigan with some Dark Kiss afterwards to cover it up.

PenelopeLA
PenelopeLA

Sparkly and fresh!

Rach1
Rach1

I didn't like this at first btu it grew on me. I have the wash..and it's one of the perfect scents for during or after a shower. It's very adventurous and kinda flirty, and also fun.Not one of my top favs..but I still like it. fresh and juicy.

missylynn78
missylynn78

Like a few others have said, this is definitely different for a BBW fragrance! this fragrance was all over the place for me. I tried on both the body spray and edt a few days ago. The body spray had a lot more citrus to it than the edt and I didn't like it as much. The impression I got right off the top was grapefruit, although that is not listed in the notes. Maybe that was all the citrus plus the aldehydes? Anyway, with the EDT, at first, it was the same - I didn't care much for the citrus and aldehydes on top, though it wasn't as strong as with the body spray. Then after I had left the store, I sniffed my wrist again, and did an about-face to go back and check the price, because after the top notes had worn off, I loved it! It had mellowed out to a warm, sensual floral scent that was just heavenly for me. I was tempted to buy it on the spot, but fortunately, I followed my "don't-buy-it-till-you've-worn-it-a-few-hours" rule, because by the time I went to bed, that warm floral had completely gone away and it had turned sour/bitter on me. At least it is an interesting fragrance that is different than the super-sweet floral/gourmands that BBW has stuck with the last couple of years, but not great for me.

secretcrush
secretcrush

i just picked up the body spray Body cream and shower gel of this scent and I have a say IM IN LOVE lol... It very much reminds me of Elizabeth Ardens Pretty Hot but is sooo much cheaper but NOT lacking in quality... The body spray itself is extremely long lasting and its sillage is heightened with the use of the body cream and shower gel... This is mostly a floral fragrance soaked with fruity freshness... Money well spent in my opinion...

danaynay
danaynay

I was highly disappointed with this one. The packaging is beautiful, and the notes sounded so fruity and different. Sadly, to me, it just smells like overly-perfumey florals. I dislike it very much, even though I tried really hard to like it. I think the only fruit I can smell is the mandarin. Otherwise, it smells like a bottle of strong-floral perfume was smashed on the ground and is mingling with dust and other sorts of nastyness :P

Fragaria
Fragaria

To me, this smells as if they were almost done with a scent and then decided to create something totally different at the last minute and mixed in scents that just didn't cover or go with the first ones they were trying for. To me personally, I get a saurkraut note from this, on myself or anyone that is wearing it. I just really don't care for it at all. Several people at work didn't care for it. One person complimented on it. I think, without bashing this, not many will really care for this.

JulieLadyBug122
JulieLadyBug122

I cant make up my mind on this scent. Sometimes I don't like it and other times it doesnt smell terrible. I find this to kind of smell like grass. I don't really smell florals as much as I smell sort of sour weeds. I got the lotion for free when they were promoting it so I will use it because it doesn't smell bad to me it just doesnt smell good.

wowgirl
wowgirl

Just got this fragrance and I'm excited to use it! When I first sniffed it, I was instantly intrigued by it-which doesn't happen to me with a lot of bbw scents. I've never smelled a fragrance that smells like this-wow-a scent by bbw that actually smells original! Anyway, I love the initial citrusy-mandarin top note, and even when it gets to the woody and musky base, I still enjoy it; sometimes an overly woody and musky base repels me, but it just works in this fragrance. I think the name fits because it does smell like an outdoorsy, wooodsy, jungle-esque fragrance, but it rocks because it smells feminine regardless!

aqua76239
aqua76239

It seems like most people either love or hate this scent. I can see why because its rather unusual and I wasn't expecting Bath and Body Works to come out with something like this. Considering this has aldehydes which I can't stand in most perfumes, I was surprised to see that I thought this was actually a pleasant fragrance.
The initial note smells very strongly of mandarin and apple. These two pretty much overpower everything else. Then enter the aldehydes which gives it sort of a powder note but not quite(if you tried Chanel #5, you will know what I am talking about). Out of all the floral notes, I really only smell the honeysuckle and a bit of jasmine. I would classify this as citrusy floral which smells rather sweet and elegant once the middle notes make their appearance. There is nothing "wild" about this fragrance so the name is purely a gimmick. I think its pleasant and unusual scent but definately not my favorite. I essentially got this and matching body lotion because I exchanged a gift so it was free for me but I wouldn't repurchase since its a not really "me" kind of a scent. In my opinion, this is not a scent that will do well because its just too different and not generic enough for everyone to like it but such is life

iloveelifeee
iloveelifeee

They had samples of these before it came out, so I smelled one and it just smelled gross! I have to go there and smell it again to see... but the bottle is to die for3

frosting712
frosting712

If my nose could yawn... it would have! I find nothing sexy about this scent at all. Its very blah, boring. Okay okay im being a little harsh... Maybe it's sexy for a prude. Its just such a shame from this company as of late... They are axing everything good and replacing it with the same boring, blah, dont expect to stand out sort of scents

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

This is a nice earthy, but fruity scent. The bottle is beautiful, but the scent doesn't have a wow factor. This scent isn't a must have.

lauraa
lauraa

Personally this smells nothing like Escada Moon Sparkle to me. The B&B fragrance that smells like moon sparkle is Dark Kiss. This is far less fruity than either. It is a warm gorgeous fragrance. I have over 30 perfumes and I haven't smelled one like this ever. I would expect this one to be called dark kiss as it is a more sultry deeper fragrance. It is hard to describe other than that the woodsy/tonka bean notes are the main standouts

krissycat
krissycat

I feel cheated ivheel, I don't have a feather inside my bottle, and I got the edp :) Oh well, I love this scent, it is kind of like one of those scents you can swear you've smelled before in another perfume but it is no less lovely because of it. It doesn't smell like most bath and body works scents to me.. smells more upscale for some reason, and don't get me wrong, I love all bath and body scents, but this one seems more complicated to me like PS I love you smells.. maybe more concentrated? It's good.. very summery and very tropical. Recommended for the summertime

blahboy123
blahboy123

I really like this one. Maybe its just cause the packaging was really tropical and wild that i liked it initially but I was hooked. At first it smells super floral and fruity 9kinda like a jungle) then after a while it becomes very woodsy and musky. Believe it or not this actually reminds me of some far off jungle (minus the bugs and wild animals). I totally recommended this one. This is a particularly nice in the summer with the fresh floral and fruity elements. With all BBW scents it's important to layer. The scent won't last that long if you use only the body mist or lotion. Layering is key <3

ivyheel
ivyheel

This is a very juicy fragrance, and all I get is a huge blast of mandarin that I love. I don't find it fresh or particularly sophisticated, and it can become cloying if oversprayed. Honestly, I purchased it because I am a sucker for the packaging (and it came with a tiny piece of fluff floating inside the bottle, which I can only assume was leopard fur).

Overall, it's playful, cute, and wearable.

Into The Wild by Bath and Body Works 3.34 out of 5 based on 164 ratings and 53 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Into The Wild fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Into The Wild, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Into The Wild by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Into The Wild by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.