Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Japanese Cherry Blossom Bath and Body Works for women

Japanese Cherry Blossom Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

Japanese Cherry Blossom Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Japanese Cherry Blossom Bath and Body Works for women Pictures

Japanese Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body Works is a Floral fragrance for women. Top notes are plum, pear and apple; middle notes are mimosa, tuberose, lily, kyoto rose petals and japanese cherry blossom; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, cinnamon, himalayan cedar, musk, vanilla and oakmoss.

Plum Pear Apple

Mimosa Tuberose Lily Kyoto Rose petals Japanese Cherry Blossom

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Cinnamon Himalayan Cedar Musk Vanilla Oakmoss

Japanese Cherry Blossom 2011
Pure DKNY

Japanese Cherry Blossom Fragrance Reviews

wifeosean
wifeosean

I have worn this for so many years, it smells nice, but is not something I would consider fancy. It is what it is: a Bath & Body Works scent. It is an easily recognizable scent, everybody knows what you're wearing and where you got it from. Pretty but common.

pixiewinks
pixiewinks

light, fresh, breezy, i really really like it.
scent: 9
packaging: 4

moonlightblush
moonlightblush

I really love this scent but I can only dab it on very lightly as it just seems so overwhelming to me after some time. The scent seems to linger longer than most BBW fragrances though, which is good!

sherryberry
sherryberry

@CherieBeary73, I was looking at this one the other day and I almost bought it. You got a really good deal on it. I sampled it and for some reason, I couldn't stop sniffing my arm. It actually ended up lasting a really long time on me. I might have to pick one up before that sale ends. I ended up really loving this one. By the way, love that our screen names sound so similar!! LOL.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I just picked this one up at the Bath and Body Works Semi annual sale for $7. I took shower in the shower gel, used the lotion and sprayed the EDT on me several times through out the day. I can barely smell it on me. It is a very awesome scent, but I think this will join my other bedtime perfumes since I rather wear ones that last during the day. It's so frustrating when fragrances don't last!

novembertea
novembertea

I feel like this scent always stood out from what I consider to be rather cheap smelling and forgettable products endlessly dispensed from BBW. I was drawn to the Japanese aesthetic as a teenager. This scent appealed to me because it felt mysterious, sophisticated, individualistic. For me, it was a fragrance that reinforced my view of myself that I was very different from most of my peers - above the fruity sweet nonsense. The most recent reviewer below me has inspired me to wander back into BBW and pick this one up again. I, too wore it to death until I couldn't stand it anymore - it's been well over five years since I stopped wearing it daily and I think it's time to reconnect.

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

Oh man, when I was in my late teens and really early 20s, this was my end all, be all fragrance. I wore this scent to death for almost three years straight (and I wore nothing else, aside from Tommy Girl once in a while). After that, I developed an aversion to it, to the point of hating it for over five years. I wore out my love for Japanese Cherry Blossom for a long time.

A few days ago, I ventured to a Bath & Body Works to try some of their newer scents. For some reason, Japanese Cherry Blossom called to me, and I decided to try out the body lotion. I'm happy to report that I'm back to really enjoying this fragrance again! I plan on buying some of the body products in the future after I finish off my other scents. Until then, I'll just enjoy the candle I purchased. :)

If I had to describe this scent, I'd say it's floraly, fruity, musky, and woody. The cherry blossom note is the most dominant in the fragrance, which smells fresh, powdery, and subtly sweet. The fruity quality to the fragrance provides a watery feel, rather than a sugary sweet one. The musk adds heavyness and softness to the fragrance. The woody notes provide some subtle spice to it. It's beautifully blended, and it's very sophisticated by Bath & Body Works standards.

If you enjoy only fruity or sweet scents, then I don't think you will enjoy Japanese Cherry Blossom. If you want to wear something more floraly, woody, and musky (but nothing too heavy), then this is perfect for you. Personally, I think this fragrance is good for day or night, hot or cold weather. The musk makes it heavy enough for the colder months, but the florals provide enough freshness for the warmer months.

heather62
heather62

My daughter in law wears this and it smells wonderful on her. I do like it on other people but it really does not smell very good on me. It does not last long enough on me either. However, I'm certain that as soon as I get rid of it, I'll want to go buy another bottle...

Lillitth
Lillitth

This is my very favorite BBW lotion and shower gel so I decided to try the perfume as well. I really love this scent. The very sweet cherry blossom dries down to a lovely sweet woodsy sandalwood for me. My husband really likes it too. I sprayed just a bit on my chest to test it and four hours later, I can still smell it faintly. I like this scent for the spring and summer - when the cherry blossoms are in bloom of course!

Selo12394
Selo12394

I've had a very different experience with this scent than most people. To me, it is not a light, daytime fruity floral. I get very little of the cherry blossoms, the plum, or even the sandalwood that really makes the scent for others. On me, the strongest note is cinnamon, by far. I find this a warm, slightly sweet spicy oriental, with just a hint of something lighter and softer in the background. I do think it would be nice to see if something like the vanilla showed up to round it out, but I could almost call this a singular scent with the way it gives me nothing but cinnamon. Still, even if the other reviews won't match mine, I enjoy this scent very much, especially for cold weather and nighttime. It is strong enough to notice, though still falls prey to the B&BW flaw of limited longevity, maybe an hour or two at most. It's a fairly linear scent, as those top floral notes leave me very, very quickly and then briefly re-appear near the end. But I still like this one a lot, perhaps not as much as the new 2011 version, but still very frequently chosen on a windy evening.

Mz_Aisha
Mz_Aisha

This fragrance is my nemesis. It drives my allergies crazy, induces headaches, & causes nausea. People either love this fragrance or they hate it. With me it's the latter. She's very loud & offensive. When she enters a room she's overbearing & you know she's there. She smells of stale flowers and flea market designer replica oils.

SpringRain
SpringRain

My absolute favourite Bath and Body Works scent. I get compliments every single time I wear it.

MikaylaCrosby
MikaylaCrosby

I like it , buy my guy friend said it smelled like an old lady.

BobbyJoeJack
BobbyJoeJack

Very woody and flowery, I like but it's not my favorite. Doesn't last more than 3 hours on me though. Not going to buy again.

glassjules
glassjules

I received this as a thoughtful gift from hubby, but just absolutely hated it. I think its all the woody strong scents and some of the oriental aspects...I don't hate all florientals but this one absolutely smelled fake to me and just knocked me over with how it smelled, and it never changed into something different over time..just smacked me in the face and kept punching me while I was down :) :) Poor hubby. As I've been in this new fragrance quest, and he's been with me as I've been finding things I like, he's like, wow, based on the things you are liking, I really screwed that up a couple of years ago, huh? I told him I loved that he took the effort to find something for me without any hints! Because I did!

fruitypurr
fruitypurr

I have the limited edition scented pouf and I wish it still smelled like this fragrance with all of my heart. I do still have the perfume, lotion and shower gel.

ElizabethM
ElizabethM

This was my very first bath and body works scent, and I absolutely love it!

TanteSimone

I don't know exactly what to do with this fragrance. I bought it twice, sold it twice then for the third time I got it again through swap. The first time I smelled it--it was definite hate. The EDT was too strong for my nose then but I absolutely loved the milky-bubblegum drydown. Like cherry and milk combined. Now it is absolute love. Apparently the edition that I like best is the fine mist version. Although the one in with the red foil and black cap is also very good.

It smells like a warm gourmand floral. It's not too sweet, kinda like the classic cherry blossom with a hint of chocolate and powder. It is an easy to like smell but it is quite complex. Hopefully it is serious between us this time. :)

pipergirl
pipergirl

Such a pretty, clean, woodsy floral. Sophisticated, fresh and a bit spicy - I get many compliments from my husband when I wear this.

purpleribbons
purpleribbons

I really like this scent. It reminds me of a spring rain, and I have a lot of memories associated with this, so I think I'll always like it. It's pretty woody and floral, not fruity at all, and not very sweet either. It's sort of a darker version of Cherry Blossom, but I love them both. I think you could wear this most of the year except the summer, because it becomes headache inducing in warm weather. I know from experience.

cherlloydtaylorkatynicki
cherlloydtaylorkatynicki

This smells so fruity and sweet. I highly recommend this for the beginners in purchasing perfume. Not too strong and very sweet.

isabel.b.muradas
isabel.b.muradas

Beautiful, smells so elegant and so delicious at the same time.
Light, oriental, floral.... whats not to love?

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

I've always liked Japanese Cherry Blossom, it is very feminine, flirty and fun. But because everyone wears it, I could never bring myself to actually purchase any of the products. Over the holidays, I was gifted 2 bottles of lotion and a mini mist. That was all the push I needed. I finally bought the mini EDT that was in the globes for the holidays. On me, JCB is 70% florals (roses and cherry blossoms), 10% fruits(pears and apples) and 10% vanilla and rice and 10% musky woods. Just beautiful and so easy to wear. I find that I can wear this any time of teh year because it is so versatile. NOTE: JCB can be overwhelming so I do not use more than 2 products of it at time. I've noticed that what lasts the longest on me is using the lotion and the EDT, followed by the shower gel and the mist.

TanteSimone

I have the Luxe EDT--with the faux leather surface black bottle. The first time I smelled it, it was a full squirt that made my head spin. It was a massive headache and since then I haven't used it.

A few days ago I was craving for something milky and sweet, but nothing too heavy. I dabbed a tiny bit of this one and I was in heaven. The cherry blossoms came first, then the rice, then the milky-vanilla-cinnamon part that is so soft and sensual. I finally understood it and I bought the body mist and I am definitely getting the body cream too.

I am a fan of White Cherry Blossoms that BBW discontinued. While this may never replace it, JCB will be on my rotation from now on.

Update: I realized that the EDT is softer and stronger and has a bubblegum note. The body mist is flatter and more powdery. I love the body mist because I can be trigger happy with it. I rarely get to do that since my skin only needs very little fragrance. Happy I found this. I am sooo late!

sweethearttx
sweethearttx

I did not expect to be enchanted or impressed by a Bath and Body Works perfume. But I stopped in with a coupon and was able to get a small bottle of the fragrance mist. I loved the scent so much I went back and bought a bottle of the EDT as well as some moisturizer.

Lovely scent! A bit stronger than my normal perfume, but more complex. It seems like a nice mixture of musk, fruit and floral which is what I love.

A little goes a long way with this one...I have learned to just use one spray of the EDT and that's it. Any more than that and it just gets too strong. I only use two of the body spray when I use that one. It's sweet, floral, and yet musky too. My boyfriend complimented me instantly when I wore it, and he rarely says anything about how I smell!

Adore!

rosembloom
rosembloom

This scent has me mesmerised! I did not expect all that opulence and those rich notes. I have the mist which smells simply lovely, sexy in a natural ' girl-next-door' way and warm. The sparkling opening has my mouth watering with that punch note of plum, pear and apple. The floral heart is rich , light in Tuberose and lily but I detect the Rose quite well. It almost resembles Ylang-Ylang. The cherry blossoms , combined with the drydown notes leave a yummy, feminine and elegant sillage that projects well. The sandalwood is light and creamy, accompanied by a rich golden amber note that adds a sprikle of honeyed powderiness I so love.The patchouli in this is tame and meant to add depth and pungency whereas the cinamon and vanilla almost make it gourmand. I love the unexpected woodsy notes that warm me up and make me feel serene. When i finish my current mist, I will certainly get the whole line. Yes , I find it that good! (ps: this lasts longer and smells stronger on me than Flowerbomb, L de Lolita and other 'higher end fumes' . Props to bbw!

thekurtsaga
thekurtsaga

Versatile and flowery

Nowadays, it's hard to find a versatile and flowery perfume, so everybody's solution is BBW's Japanese Cherry Blossom. The opening is fruity; pear and apple are refreshing to the people smelling it. This perfume will give you the impression of a girl next door. I don't have this cologne. I did not even buy it for someone (though I'm planning to give it as a Christmas gift for my mom). The middle notes are what make the magic happens; the cherry blossom is just mind blowing. You'll just want to sniff the person wearing it all day. The dry down is powdery. I like it that way, because it means by the end of the day, you still smell fresh. The only negative about this is it is so popular that everybody is wearing it. So if you want to impress somebody, like on a date, this perfume is a bad idea. What's very positive about this perfume is it is very versatile. It can be worn day or night. Spring (especially SPRING), Summer, sometimes during the fall, rarely on winter though.

sumi111
sumi111

I love this one...stays on me for a long long time

kittybexiu
kittybexiu

I love this perfume. This scent stood out to me from the whole bath and body works collection. I remember smelling it the first time in the store, and I can almost imaging myself lost in a cherry forest. Such a gorgeous scent, and this definitely has that department store quality to it. Most b&bw body sprays struck me as a sweet bubblegum and forgettable scent, and that is so not the case with this one. It smells like cherry blossom (duh) but it's not as sweet as I thought it might be. It's a musky floral scent with just the right amount of spiciness. It reminds me of my Tresor perfume from Lancome, but a lot more young and wearable for teenagers.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

This one is better than (The body shop) one..
Deeper, more intense and stays longer..

karaaslang
karaaslang

By far, Bath& Body's best fragrance that tthey launched ever. Very feminine not sexy but properly kind :) like you d like your mom would smell like ths, caring, loving, happy memories, very positive that reminds you home and more... ( at least to me )

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

I am not ashamed to say that from among my numerous high-end fragrances, many of my favorite scents come from B&BW. I adore Japanese Cherry Blossom. There are a lot of imitators but to me, this is undoubtedly the best. The ones that try to mimic cherry blossom never seem to do it as beautifully as B&BW. It's quite sensual but it is versatile. I can wear it during the day at school, or outside on a summer's day, in the evening on a date, or at night after a hot shower (it's kind of calming, good before going to sleep).

Difficult to describe, the initial burst is some soft floral with some pear. It's already quite creamy but it gets creamier as time goes on. Softening, the sandalwood mixes with the skin for a beautiful dry down. It's oriental and lovely.

I've loved Japanese Cherry Blossom for years. I usually outgrow most perfumes after I finish a bottle but not this. It's one of those basics you never get tired of.

I love the bright pretty floral notes in this, but when it dries down the sandalwood ruins it for me, being harsh to my nose (this is not the case for other people, just what my nose gets out of this when it's on my skin.) The onset is great and the light delicate scent is very pretty. On others, this is fine. On me, it's too close to my nose, I think, and in the end it annoys me like an itch I can't scratch.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Being that Japanese Cherry Blossom is such a popular scent, I have tried it numerous times. It is strange, but every time I try it I have a different reaction to it. I don't know if that has to do with the way the scent responds to my body chemistry or if it has to do with my mood, but there are days when I love it and days when I can't stand it.

I found that more often than not the body spray is definitely very floral at first, it does mellow quite nicely within the first 10-15 min. However, after an hour or so of wear, I think it often smells strange on me - almost like the notes are clashing. It might be the way the cinnamon note mixes with the florals?

Despite the strange reaction I get from this scent at times, I do still like it. It isn't my favorite scent, but I do still wear it from time to time, depending on the day! Furthermore, as others have noted in their reviews, the shower gel in this scent is FANTASTIC. When you smell it in the bottle the light florals are the most prominent notes, but it warms up decidedly in the shower and lasts pretty well on the skin with the woodsy smells blending beautifully with the florals. Even if the EDT or body spray aren't to your liking, I would definitely give the shower gel a shot. I think that it is the most consistent and well rounded of all of the forms of Japanese Cherry Blossom!

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I got this from my little sister for Christmas one year as a lotion; it was not a fragrance I would have bought myself, as it was not a fragrance that I thought would smell good on me. I wore it once, and wasn't immediately impressed--starts out sweet and cookie-spicey. But it warmed up on my skin, and the other layers of fragrance came out--a spicy muskiness, some vanilla. It smells so rich; it is a winter/fall fragrance, but I loved it all year round. I bought the lotion and body spray and body wash so I could layer the fragrance; I loved it on my skin, and how it made my clothes smell after the fact. I'm surprised this is in the floral group, as it does not smell floral on me at all (except maybe very early on)--and I never got any cherry blossom scent at all; to me it is a spicy, musky, almost gourmand fragrance (but not too sweet). As I write this--I wonder why I stopped wearing it!

Wonderstruck4Ever
Wonderstruck4Ever

My FAVORITE B&B scent!!! :D

NativeBabi916Lady
NativeBabi916Lady

Japanese Cherry Blossom is one of my favorite sents from BBW , defiantly in my top 5. This sent is great for winter , fall , maybe even summer but not spring because of its woody spiciness . On me this sent is very soft but also very spicy with floral undertones. Plum, lily,and japanese cherry blossom ,sandalwood, amber, patchouli, cinnamon , musk, vanilla and oakmoss are all noticeable sadly not so much rose , lily or much of the fruitiness. On my bestfriend there is such a light sweetness to it very , very different. If you layer it with the body lotion and then the edt this luxury sent will last all day. I've repurchased this sent and will continue to repurchase because it is such a beautifully comforting sent and is one of my go to winter/fall sents.

harlequin1274
harlequin1274

This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!! What is great about this? It smells like a fancy department store perfume at a fraction of the cost! You can literally buy the entire line, perfume, body wash, lotion, and whatever else floats your boat for less than 100 bucks and STILL have money leftover for anything else you want! The scent is gorgeous, fabulous, sexy, and just wonderful all around! I could rave all day about this! I never want to see it go, and I am happy to take it off your hands if you don't want yours!

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

If anyone has a bottle of this they'd like to swap then PLEASE MESSAGE ME ! ! ! It sounds luvverly but I live in the UK and I don't think we have Bath & Body Works here (goddammit!!). I have lots of nice perfumes available to swap (see the list on my profile page) and I've done several swaps, to the U.S.A. (even Alaska!), Italy, Switzerland, etc. :-)

yousoldtheworld
yousoldtheworld

I really hate this one.

I generally enjoy Bath and Body Works fragrances for what they are - fairly simple scents that are generally unoffensive to the majority of noses. I wear several of them to work because I know they won't be overpowering.

This one, however, is STRONG. Too floral, and instantly gave me a headache. I'll pass on this one.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I know B&BW products aren't exactly high brow, and that the fragrances are frequently reminiscent of shampoo, cleaning products, and air freshener, and that even when there is a fabulous scent that I'm willing to test and wear and that all of my friends happen to adore smelling, its chances of being axed before I manage to purchase a second bottle are quite high. The one exception I've found is Japanese Cherry Blossom in EDT formulation.

My younger sister wore the body spray version of this scent when she was in high school and while I found it pleasant enough, it didn't seem complex or in any way special. I like that B&BW brings fragrances to the masses at affordable prices and that they provide younger people (i.e. pre-teens and young teens) with fragrances that are nearly impossible to over-do (as the tendency to overspray is there at that age). It wasn't until I picked up a body cream in this scent a couple of years ago that I really gave it chance on myself and discovered its wonderful complexity. It is richest, deepest, and most complex in EDT form (I've not tried the limited edition EDP), and the ETD is the only formulation I currently own. I definitely detect the plum, the sandalwood, the white flowers, and the cinnamon - especially the cinnamon. Though it's a relatively deep fragrance, it's somehow refreshing at the same time - reminiscent of a high quality shampoo infused with sandalwood oil and mixed with a bit of cinnamon incense.

I wore this fragrance yesterday when I needed a bit of confidence but something discreet as well. I received a fantastic compliment and it did increase my confidence as I caught subtle whiffs of it throughout the day. It is quite typical for my high dollar niche fragrances to go unnoticed (or at least, uncomplimented) while my mainstream, lower quality scents are complimented like crazy, which is frustrating, but at least it's nice to have an inexpensive go-to which pleases others and myself. I think I'll always have a bottle of this in my rotation (provided that B&BW doesn't discontinue this best-seller) because even though I'm unlikely to reach for it as a signature fragrance, it does get the job done when what I want is just to smell good - clean, feminine, and a tad mysterious.

Longevity = 5/10
Sillage = 6/10
Projection = 8/10

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

this one is always gonna be my favorite and signature fragrance! all my friends know Im a huge fan of the culture of the land of the rising sun! and Sakura(aka Cherry Blossoms) is one of my favorite flowers, very delicate and graceful as it falls from the trees during the summer. I love this scent very much because it brings back happy memories of my teen years in high school since I always wore the lotion and I love this even more because it mixes very very nicely on my skin! this is something I will purchase again and again, all my friends know my signature is all about the Sakura

aqua76239
aqua76239

I first ordered small body spray unsniffed and with the name like Cherry Blossom I expected it to smell flowery and light. However, I was taken aback by rich and sophisticated scent i was sniffing. This is definately a floral-oriental with some fruit notes which incidentally do not come through for me except for ume plum(which is a pickled plum that's used widely in Japanese cooking). The dominating notes(to my nose) is vanilla, amber and incense. There is a hint of cherry blossom but only a hint. If you are looking for fruity or light floral this isn't it. However, I just recently purchased edt, body lotion and body splash because I really enjoy this scent. I think this is sophisticated scent and that's why some reviewers calling it "old lady scent"(insert me rolling my eyes). I think this is a unique scent and doesn't smell like any other fragrance I've tried before.
I will definately repurchase if I ever run out of it

sharyssa
sharyssa

how is this old ladyish???????? just curious i could see if it was red door or white shoulders but it is a beautiful fragrance some ppl smh! in a few years they will say fantasy smells old ladyish too. sometimes i hate reading reviews that's why i stayed off here for a while smh!

Whit
Whit

An oldie, but goodie! This was a staple for me when I was in high school. I hadn't bought any in a long time until the other day. BBW was having their "buy 3, get 3 free" deal and I bought some. Now I remember why it was one of my favorite fragrances for so long. It's a sexy oriental-woody-floral that is sure to draw compliments. It's very long-lasting too; the body care is all I use and I can still smell it at the end of the day.

This brings back so many memories for me, and I love the exotic smell so much! It really reminds me of spring, but I'm going to wear it year round. I'm glad I revisited Japanese Cherry Blossom, and I hope to keep it in my collection from now on.

jreyes366
jreyes366

I used to like this scent when I was in my early teen years but after I got out of my teens, I realized that this scent isn't very special. Not that it smells "bad" really, it does smell kind of masculine and woody. I prefer this scent as like a detergent or room spray or even candle. I would NEVER wear this on my body.

marydoan90
marydoan90

This smells like the grown up version of Cherry Blossom.
It's more mature and smells more floral. It takes a woodsy, musky and powdery route.

bellalicious
bellalicious

old ladyish. such a let down as when my mum went to the us this is one of the things i put on a list of things to get me :(.

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

Not bad, but thesis overrated and over used.

VeronicaPinkHeart
VeronicaPinkHeart

I love love love this one, it smells like a gourmet of a delicious cherry blossom. Would recommend this to anyone with a daring style.

pixelmoxie
pixelmoxie

This fragrance so inexpensive, yet it is one of my All-time-favorites! I can never get tired of it, and I never want to be without it! There is something about it that fills me with warmth and happiness, and I keep sniffing myself all day after I put it on! I really wonder how Bath and Body Works came up with such a great scent, wnen I truly despise most of their other scents...

horseluv99
horseluv99

Very strong and fiminine. I love the floral part to it too. It's also strong enought to last the whole day without having to reapply. I would definately recommend it :)

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is just so pretty and feminine and really does remind me of visiting Japan.
Like the country, it has a natural elegance to it. This is floral with a bit of spice, with a crisp but delicate floral fruity opening that keeps it from feeling heavy IMO. It's beautiful and subtle. I got this while on holiday but certainly wouldn't mind another bottle. The shower gel is just as nice.

meowmixmuffin
meowmixmuffin

I hate this stuff. My grandmother wears it, and even the hand cream gives me an instantaneous migraine. It makes me want to vomit. It's SO strong, and SO heavy. Not in an antiseptic sort of way. More like an, infiltrate-your-nostrils-before-sinking-like-lead-all-the-way-down-to-your-toes-making-you-shudder-in-horror kind of way.

miZZpuRRfect

i did yet a detailed review last year about this wonderful jewel. i do still love love love this one, and it drives compliments where ever i go, it's incredible sexy in a subtle way....creamy, powdery, just a hint of sweet and yes, it's kinda heavy/sultry, yet mystic. my car and appartement are 'misted' regullary with the wonderful roomspray of the same range... i m addicted to it!

Morgane08
Morgane08

This scent is so heavy! I do not smell the freshness of Cherry Blossom at all. Not my cup of tea at all.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Smells kind of like Cherry Blossom except this one is more floral than the other. I think that this scent is better off as a candle then a perfume...the candle smells really nice :)

kathryn.dean
kathryn.dean

Love it. I've been through a phase where this was all I wore, so I'm leaving it alone for now, but it's still a good go-to fragrance when you want something sexy but not overpowering.

minagroves
minagroves

I love this scent and have gotten consistent "what are you wearing?!" - this from strangers and people I see every day. This is important - I ONLY WEAR THE BODY CREAM AND/OR LOTION. I don't think the spray is of the same quality - but the lotion is one of my favorite scents. (And I buy and wear much more expensive fragrances- -this is just a winner and inexpensive!)

TX-in-NH
TX-in-NH

I got this perfume from my 4 year old daughter for X-Mas. My husband said she smelled every single perfume at B&B and finally decided on this one. This perfume is very special to me.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

Japanese Cherry Blossom is spicy and fresh and exotic. I love this fragrance right now. In the first 10-15 minutes you can really smell the fruits-apple, pear, plum. As it dries down, you can smell more of the cherry blossom and spices like cinnamon. What I love is after I have it on for a few hours, I go to smell my wrist and it smells like gorgeous vanilla sandalwood. It is faint, but still there, and the sandalwood drydown reminds me so much of hypnotic poison! Japanese Cherry Blossom morphs into a light version of hypnotic poison on me, which is nice because I hate the initial blast of hypnotic poison.

Turtledove

Update: So I just tried the EDT by itself today, and I've gotta say, I changed my mind. Completely. The lotions are WAY too heavy handed, and made me assume I hated the fragrance, but the EDT is gorgeous! It's not too strong or sweet at all, and it has more of that delicate cinnamon-rice smell that I love, with only a pleasant little hint of the heady amber-flower-sweetness that smacks you in the face in the lotion/body cream version.

I can see why this is as popular as it is, it's really lovely. It's rich and well-balanced, with warmth and sweetness and flowers and spice, and yet somehow still isn't heavy at all, it's almost delicate. Really glad I gave it a second chance.

Also, the shower gel is lovely, and nothing like the lotions, much closer to the edt/spray, it's just a soft spiciness.

PenelopeLA
PenelopeLA

Japanese Cherry Blossom smells wonderful when I first sniff it, then I apply it and I am in love with the fragrance. The only thing I don't like is that after a few hours, it goes on to have strong musky notes. It would be perfect for me if they would tone down the musk a little bit.

I doubt they will though--its a good seller and why mess with success, right??

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

this is one of the nicest feminine scents from Bath & Body Works in my opinion. A little heavy when you put it on at first spray, but the dry down is soft and nice. No wonder this scent is one of BBW's best sellers. Nice! I love it! :-)

pammystinkerbell
pammystinkerbell

I love, love, love Japanese Cherry Blossom! Whats better is, my friends & strangers love it on me,too. Granted it starts a little heavy but it smells great all day and then some. My co-workers have purchased the full set because of me and they didn't love on them. Really works for me. Hey, when you get stopped by strangers to ask what you are wearing, Hell Yes, I am all about it. :-))
pammystink @~>

Rach1
Rach1

This is one of the richest perfumes I smelt..and wow at B&BW?? that's a first. It's kinda strong, but still fresh. It's something that would be better to wear out..not really an everyday fragrance (unless u use the body wash or body spray)

Turtledove

Not my cup of tea, it ends up a little too sweet and heavy on me. The body wash is another story though, it's actually different from the edt and everything else, I wish the rest of the line smelled like it. It has a lovely warm cinnamon/woody scent (I think it's the sandalwood?) with something like a rice/tapioca note that I love. Unlike the actual fragrance, it's very quiet and stays close to the skin, and actually lasts all day and then some, which is pretty amazing in a body wash. The lotions and everything are way too strong and sugary for me though.

caylarhene
caylarhene

I love this. its a soft scent that you an wear almost anytime of the year

orchid_84
orchid_84

Japanese Cherry Blossom opens with crisp, fresh, slightly bitter fruits (apple, pear, plum). The crispness mellows out after a few minutes into a soft floral scent with hints of spice and musk. Cherry blossom and lily bring freshness to this fragrance, while the musk and cinnamon give warmth and depth. The sandalwood and vanilla add a little softness but they are not overbearing.

Overall, I find this a nice, interesting scent that is fresh, warm and soft all at once. It's not overly sweet either. I enjoy wearing this once in a while, but find I get tired of it after wearing it a couple of days in a row as it starts to smell a bit too shampoo-like. Still, it's a very good-quality scent from BBW and I would definitely recommend it.

jodee
jodee

Not a fan of B&B so when I got this, I was like, meh. But then I smelled it. Very nice scent. My husband thinks it's sexy, so what's not to like about that?:D.

babs98019@aol.com
babs98019@aol.com

I love this fragrance. Light, floral scent that smells like an expensive perfume. Good for any occasion, age, and extremely affordable.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

I find this one a nice soft scent. It starts out a little fruity (I thought I smelled banana of all things but I'm quite sure my nose was playing a trick on me) And then there is the soft cherry blossom smell. It seems to last about 4 hours. It's in the dry down stage right now and I am smelling cherry blossom, vanilla, and plum. I think this is a good fragrance year round day or night. I hope they don't discontinue this like they do all the others.

adayoncedawned
adayoncedawned

This scent definitely grew on me, it has since become my signature BBW scent. One day I decided to spray about.... 3 sprits of it on my body and I was driving in the passenger seat with my friend and he pauses for a while and says ".... Hmm, something smells really good in here." So far out of my experience I think guys like it a lot more than girls do. It's a very cozy scent, and I honestly have no idea why it's in the "sensual" areas of BBW, I think it should be in the cuddlers or something, it's truly beautiful, and it lingers pretty nicely.

devaluxe
devaluxe

I smelled this in the store a few times and was kind of "meh" about it...then my MIL got me a small gift set of the travel sizes and I liked it more, but was still whatever as I felt the lasting power was nil. Then just this last week, I'm walking down the hallway at work and my co-workers cubby smells amazing. Now she's the type to wear higher end scents, like Narciso Rodriguez, so when I asked what she was wearing, I fully expected some fancy-pants fragrance I couldn't hope to ever purchase. To my suprise she said, "This one" and pulled out a bottle of the JCB EDT. She said, "I can't believe you still smell it. I put it on hours ago. I can't tell I have it on." So I think some people who question its longevity, perhaps have become anosmic and just don't realize it. I sprayed myself earlier today and I still smell it, but since I don't wear it every day, maybe that's why I can still smell it. I love this scent. It's floral and powdery, without smelling like a baby. It is one of those scents that warms up on your skin as you wear it too. Overall, I love this scent and will be making this my next purchase.

addicted2oreos
addicted2oreos

This is great! Very sophisticated, it's floral and spicy. Quite unique, I'd say it works best for those at least college age, not for teeny-boppers.

tmeicxl
tmeicxl

I like this fragrance alot. It smells seductive on me. I have been wearing it ocassionally for about 5 yrs. I love to layer it for extra stayin power and I get lots of compliments when I wear it. I like the feminine oriental aroma.

bbbonbon
bbbonbon

I think this is one of the most nauseated fragrances in perfume history! not only tarty but granny smell. There used to be a deodorant with the exact same stench, by the way.

JulieLadyBug122
JulieLadyBug122

I havn't really met anyone who doesn't at least like this scent. I like it however I find that it is just not me. I wear it occasionally and I really do like it just never really clicked with me ya know? I find it to be a somewhat older scent. Im only a teenager so i prefer fruity scents over florals which I find to be old.

Pierina
Pierina

I bought the body spritz in the USA in 2006. It smells great but I'm no longer the spritzy type of girl. Therefore this is the lovliest toilet freshener I have ever had!
Really makes the loo nice :)

Lilablume78
Lilablume78

I love the smell of cherry blossom I have that perfume n people love how it smells it is the only one I will by for ever

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

Having no Bath and Body Works in Australia as far as I know, I wanted this scent and had no choice but to order online. I hadn't smelt it beforehand but heard good things about it, and how right they were!

I adore this scent. I have it in the fragrance mist and one squirt lasts a very long time on me. It is a warm and floral smell - a light oriental, you could call it.

I think it's a romantic and sexy fragrance that I find is more suited to winter or spring. Once I've sprayed a bit on me I can't stop smelling it. It is just that wonderful.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Japanese Cherry Blossom is a very nice, warm, floral fragrance. It has a spiciness to it that makes it great for fall and winter. I like layering the lotion and body spray.

chaos2
chaos2

This is one that was not that interesting in the bottle but really warmed up when it was on my skin. It is a fresh scent, but not a water or air fresh scent. It is a warm, clean skin and fresh flowers fresh. I went to an event at BBW and the sales lady put some of the body butter on my hands. I kept smelling it all day and liked it more and more. With all of the "heavy" spices in the base, I would expect it to get oppressive, but it stayed light and fresh. The balance is perfect for me. And it lasted all day. I traded my whole lotion bottle of dark kiss for a small one of Japanese Cherry Blossom and I couldn't be happier.

Christie171
Christie171

Japanese Cherry Blossom-Bath & Body Works

I LOVE this perfume! It comes off as old lady because of the strong and heavy scent in the beginning but it settles into a nice, gentle fragrance. I think I love it because of the cinnamon though. One of the best scents from B&BB. 10/10

flowermom
flowermom

really like this perfume, not my favourite fragrance, but i hold a fondness for it, i bought a limited edition version of this about 2 years ago, still have the perfume, the limited edition bottle is gorgeous! i like the smell, "spicy sweet" i find, but not too over bearing, great lasting power, i reach for this scent when i fancy a change from my more fav scents! i would re-buy this as i just like it alot!!

lisa_k
lisa_k

On paper, I should like this fragrance. In real life, it initially reminds me of the smell of a bowling alley. Then, it proceeds to make me naseous. In my opinion, it is very industrial and not at all feminine.

arg1971
arg1971

This is another one of my favs at bbw smells so spicy and good and clean

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

Love this one. It is a sensual, sexy, floral exotic scent that is long-lasting. I have fragrance in every product that bbw makes. It is my all time favorite forever!

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

I love this one so much! though I only got the body spray...it sure does smells exactly like the edt and i think it has the same lasting power....i love it...to me, it's elegant

perfumecollector
perfumecollector

I do like this one. Its one of the oriental fragrances that I can wear on a daily basis without feeling overpowered. Normally, though I like orientals, a lot of them can be wearing after a couple days but JCblossom has a soft quality to it that I like. Its a mix of floral, spicy and woody and manages to be sensual in a subtle way.

AmandaK
AmandaK

I have the pocketbac of this and I love it. One the best florals B&B has ever done.I'm not much for florals, but this one is quite good.

candykiss0011
candykiss0011

Sadly, this one smells like hair spray on me. =(

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

I've become quite fond of Japanese Cherry Blossom over the last month or so. I bought the fragrance mist in travel size- for three dollars! Who could resist that!- and unlike the other B&BW fragrance mists, it doesn't have that rubbing alcohol SQUEAK! that most other B&BW fragrance mists have.

Instead, Japanese Cherry Blossom is warm and soothing, a comforting floral that blends woodiness, musk and vanilla in the dry down. This scent reminds me a bit of Kenzo's Amour, but it's far less heavy than Amour, and is much more wearable, in my humble opinion. In fact, I far prefer the combination of notes in Japanese Cherry Blossom- it's warm but not too heavy, never overpoweringly floral or spicy, and just the right hint of sweetness without being cloying; it's very well blended, and I find it suitable for both day and night time wear. It makes me feel quite feminine, delicate and pretty when I'm wearing it.

Hands down, this is my favorite B&BW fragrance. I'll definitely buy the full bottle of the EdT when my fragrance mist is gone.

reminds me of walking in the woods in Tokyo Japan where there's a street where couples date and walk around.There are trees filled with cherry blossoms falling off the tree carrying sweet scents.

Alinaishere
Alinaishere

I've rediscovered this old one from my little collection and am in love! its definetly a starter perfume to anyone wanting to explore into orientals.

miZZpuRRfect

love love love this one! so tart, creamy soft powdery and flowery with a slight noticable warmth sniffing near the skin.

unfortunately does not last very long on my skin, I love also the oil wash, bodycream, satin mist, handcream and of course the incredible yummy roomspray of japanese cherry blossom.

if i would launch my own perfume it would smell like this with intensity of the roomspray.
when i use the roomspray in our appartement i feel like in a japanese garden in spring full of cherry blossoms in bloom!

i wish the edt had this intensity and longivity as the roomspray. bought the luxe travel edt spray to reaply when i m out of home, small enough to get in every purse :) indeed a wonderful scent for springtime and summer!

the special edition flacons are truly adorable with its japanese red metalic cap and blossoms over the puristic elegant flacons.

add note: i bought the luxury LE edp version (bloody red glassbottle with black swirls and black cap) and the staying power is slighter better.

Carnelian
Carnelian

This is NOT a gentle "pink" spring green blossom smell, but a solid, sweet, woody oriental - nothing understated about this one! It is not so aptly named. It's not a bad scent, though; you get the florals stronger first, and then they ease up and you get a sweet and fairly balanced combintation of sweet woods, plum and florals. Heavy base, decent staying power (most of the day. If you like sweet orientals, this is a decently-priced pick. One of the more complex of the B & B's.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

Normally I would not give BBW fragrances a consideration. Today I was walking down some stairs and this young mother with her kid were in front of me.

I was swept away from the amazing scent she was wearing. I loved the mixture of slightly sweet, a hint of floral with a touch of spice. I had to stop her and ask what she was wearing. To my surprise, it was this scent. I told her that it was a pleasant smell and wished her a great day.

As I walked away, I heard her little son ask "Mommy, what did that man want?". She replied, "He like my perfume". The boy replied, "So do I mommy."

I had to share this experience and I still have a smile on my face thinking about it. I plan on stopping by BBW next time I am in the Mall.

Zaleska
Zaleska

Well, for me it's a mess. Think about a perfume shop and the smell of all the scents sprayed together. That's it and that's why I don't like it. Sorry. :)

mwater1
mwater1

AAACK! I really wanted a fragrance with Cherry Blossom, so I tested Japanese Cherry Blossom and the Original Cherry Blossom at my friendly neighborhood B&BW. My clear winner was Japanese Cherry Blossom as I found the original too tart, a little funky, and young.

Something incredibly awful happened to Japanese Cherry Blossom when worn on my skin. The beginning was pleasant but as the top notes fizzled, the fragrance became powdery and cloying on me. It wasn't sweet, but still felt like someone had slapped a choke hold on me. Anyone who has read my profile and seen my fragrance collection knows that I REALLY find most powdery fragrances rancid. I smell like someone dropped me in vats of the stuff and threw a few heavy flowers in the vat in order to torture me more. Then they sprinkled me with a huge dose of patchouli to finish the job! I guess I'm also discovering a new aversion to patchouli as well.

This one just didn't work for me, much to my dismay. MEH!

For some reason BBW's JAPANESE CHERRY BLOSSOM reminds me of freshly steamed, slightly sweet jasmine rice, though I see nothing like that in the notes. I am testing the edp, which comes in a beautiful thick red glass asymmetrically hexagonal bottle covered with black enamel flower graphics and topped with a substantial black stopper. Very unlike their pedestrian edt bottles, which look as though they cost about five cents to make in China.

The edp, which was produced in a special holiday edition and which I procured from last year's annual sale at some ridiculous price (knowing them, it was $10 tops...), has real staying power and does not asphyxiate you with alcohol as do BBW's body sprays in general and many of the edts as well.

I do not find this scent terribly sweet, as the listed top notes of plum, pear, and apple might lead one to expect. It seems clean and neutral in a unique way. I know of no fragrance to which this one compares, aside from the one used to scent the BBW body product line "self-meditation," which claims to be rice-laden, and which I also like, but I believe has been discontinued.

I would not say that JAPANESE CHERRY BLOSSOM is a great perfume, but it has a distinctive, clean and refreshing rice-y identity that I like now and then. I am surprised that some of the below reviewers find JCB so offensive. Seems pretty innocuous and rather pretty to me.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

My mother has been using the shower gel, the body lotion and the body splash in this scent. She also has the room spray. The body splash is the most vile incarnation of this fragrance, followed by the body lotion. The top notes are fruity and yummy, but the drydown smells like a dirty, unshowered man wearing cheap cologne. It's very musky, woodsy and unpleasant. Our living room reeks of cheap men's cologne because our couches and blankets soak the body lotion from her legs and arms. The shower gel is ok, and the room spray is actually nice.

raleigh
raleigh

i enjoy bbw products for every day. . . the layering of shower gel and some body lotion is enough for most of my days. that said, i'm not really looking for a strong scent so this didn't fit.

flem
flem

I think the smell is good, but kind of "2-D". My girlfriend, on the other hand, uses the lotion version of this religiously. She can't understand why I don't love it as much as she does.

I do think that the perfume version smells better then the lotion one, tho.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

Such a yummy sweet'n fruity smell in the topnotes, then I can smell that wonderful scent of cherry blossom with tuberose in there. Finally, in the bottom, I detect an ever-so-slight bit of cinnamon with plenty of vanilla... sooooo good!

Even though some may call this a 'cheap' fragrance, it is absolutely my kind of scent, cause starting from the top notes right down to the bottom ones, I am loving this scent the whole way through. And to my nose, from beginning to end, this does not smell synthetic AT ALL. Too bad it's staying power isn't too great, otherwise it would be my perfect fragrance. But for all its good points, it's worth it to just stock up on it and spray away! :)

arladanielle
arladanielle

Spells mystery and romance to me!It begins with a sharp apple scent which dries down to tuberose and musky vanilla. Great to wear on cold rainy days when you need to snuggle close to somebody.Hmmm

Malegria
Malegria

I agree with the previous review.
For a long time, I was dreaming that someone will invent a perfume that will be a copy of a cherry blooming garden, and when BBW started this line, I was beside myself with joy.
I am disappointed, that`s all. No one seems to care to repeat this wonderful scent of nature, so subtle and evasive.
Japanese Cherry Blossom is too strong to be even named so....It is a sweet, delicious, oriental fragrance but it does not posess the weightlessness of a true cherry bloom. It is a bit annoying, and reminds me of some kind of incense.
In my opinion, to come close to a cherry bloom scent, a green woodsy note must be added.The blooming cherry scent is not only the scent of a flower itself, but also the scent of new cherry branches (cherry bark is very original by scent), new juices in a tree awakened by spring.

Aredore
Aredore

I also tried this today. It made me SO SAD.

I own the shower gel version of this scent and I LOVE it. It's woody and dark with hints of fruits and flowers and a smooth musk base. I was hoping for a similar experience with the EDT.

The *Super Fruity* top notes murdered it for me. I HAD to scrub off the overbearing plum scent. It was not by beloved shower scent.

So Sad. D:

sweet_escape
sweet_escape

Clean, sweet, very wearable. Smells almost like you just stepped out of a shower where you used a strong floral soap. I could definitely add this to the rotation, if anything to prevent myself from using up my other perfumes too quickly. Beats using body sprays.

essija
essija

This is musky on me, I get alot of tuberose on my skin. It's a very sexy scent, I think a man could wear this one as well. It's sensual and I like it alot..

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This is a signature scent. Several people I know wear only this one. It is a light but beautiful oriental scent. The fruit notes, its hard to really tell which fruit it is but you can definantly get the cinnamon and vanilla! and there is the slightest hint of cedar mingling in the mix. So nice!

sweetness21
sweetness21

loved this, its very sexy and has a wonderful smell. I ran across this perfume at my cousins house and i've liked it every since

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

This is delish...not a big fan of B&B but really love this one...good for all seasons.

Japanese Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body Works 3.66 out of 5 based on 687 ratings and 113 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Japanese Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Japanese Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.