Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

Moonlight Path Bath and Body Works for women

Moonlight Path Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

Moonlight Path Bath and Body Works for women Pictures

Moonlight Path is a limited edition female fragrance launched in 2007. The composition opens with black currant, bergamot, lavender, mandarin leaf and coriander. Rose, jasmine, violet, tuberose, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and lilac perform at the heart. Base notes include sandalwood, vetiver, oakmoss, vanilla, amber, musk, heliotrope, Tonka and patchouli. It is available as 50 ml edt, along with the matching body care line.

Lavender Bergamot

White Musk

Moonlight Path Fragrance Reviews

Raven NessRavenous
Raven NessRavenous

If you bought Moonlight Path body spray or the body butter that comes in the tub and liked how it smelled in the container, but not on your skin, do not give up on Moonlight Path yet. Try the body wash and then layer on the lotion. The lotion is less "amber" like than the body butter and spray. The lotion is pure, deep, creamy, soft musk. Perfect for a fall weekend. Strangely, the lotion is like the Avon Soft Musk from the 80's and 90's (which I love) and the EDP, body spray, and body butter are more like Avon Night Magic (which is more amber and less cream).

bailarina
bailarina

I received the Moonlight Path bodywash as a present a few months ago. I used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised. It smelled like a very soothing aromatic scent. I was enjoing it very much, it reminded me of my late father and it was very calming. The lavander is so soothing, and the musk is just right. I would use it as an everyday night time scent for relaxation. I will definetly buy the mist <3

moonlightblush
moonlightblush

I have loved this scent since I was a kid! Something about it is very soothing. I never use this as a main fragrance, but as an addition to another as I feel this is too subtle for anyone, even me, to tell that I'm wearing it. It's a good spritzer for the bed though.

fire2heart
fire2heart

This will be a room freshener for me. It doesn't do well on my skin, just a cheap powdery musk with a little bit of saltiness. Too bad :( I know negative reviews don't do well on here.

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

I think Moonlight Path smells really nice on other people, but it does not work on me. At all. I don't get any of that "soft creaminess" that many people talk about. All I get on my skin are the musk, the oakmoss, the sandalwood, and the vetiver. It's simply TOO overpowering on my skin. I tend to take showers at night, and I remember giving this fragrance a chance for the first time one night. I couldn't get to sleep for the life of me, because the scent was too strong.

I find Moonlight Path to be too clingy, too cloying, and too distracting. When I tried it, the scent wore me than the other way around, and that's no good for me.

Megpeg
Megpeg

This is soothing and creamy. I could say it has a shaving cream quality to it but I think it's more shaving cream plus soap plus body lotion plus scented deodorant plus body wash, to me it smells like a unique collaboration of multiple fragrances with a steady musk base. And I don't get old lady at all from this scent, I get timeless.

Octoberamy
Octoberamy

This is my fave of the BBW scents. Pure perfection, peaceful, relaxing, yummy. Wish it lasted longer. I bought the more expensive EDT, hoping it would last longer than the mist, but it doesn't. Save your money and use the cheap stuff.

jreyes366
jreyes366

I love the idea of this scent, and I have to admit that it smells absolutely divine on a few people. But on me? The verdict: pure cat pee. I'm sorry, I had to say it. I tested the lotion on my hand, and it smelled like really strong cat pee. I couldn't wash it off fast enough.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I've tried this, and I think my teen daughter was gifted this in the body mist. Neither of us like it. To me it just smells like something a cute little old lady would wear. No way would I wear this. I actually found some of this at a garage sale thinking it was Twilight Woods. It's not at all like it. I wish it was, that one I can wear.

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

Perhaps the best sleeping lotion ever. Warm and powdery and soothing...love it. Moonlight Path also layers very nicely with Nude by Bill Blass. Wore that combo to the office and it was amazing. Moonlight Path is dowdy in a sexy sort of way. Not right everywhere all the time, but always right at night.

glassjules
glassjules

This is a sleepy time scent, if you take a night time bath. Its ok, not much for me. Gave my bottle to my daughter. Its nice but not enough to take room away from something better.

iowagirl301
iowagirl301

I agree with a lot of the the other reviews here. Very comforting, relaxing scent. Something about it just makes you wanna cuddle up, & snuggle. This is by far one of their oldies but goodies. I will always have this one in my perfume wardrobe.

Ciara927
Ciara927

This scent is very relaxing and comforting. It is soft and you just want to bundle up in it. Great winter scent. It is a little older but in a vintage way. I spray this on my sheets before I go to bed. It makes me feel safe. Is a little heavy. You either hate it or love it.

Mrs.Hollywood
Mrs.Hollywood

Soft, feminine, relaxing. One of my favorte Bath and Body fragrances of all times. I have been using it for years. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

thedashingdarlings
thedashingdarlings

I'm 24 years old and I have been wearing this body mist for 10 years. So I can't agree with anyone who says it's "old."

Instead, it's soft, feminine, floral and comforting. I have never been able to discern the separate notes in here very well, but certainly musk, lavender and violet, sandalwood and amber.

My friends always loved this scent, and say that whenever they smell it, they think of me. And no matter how many fancy niche or designer perfumes I buy, I always come back to this.

larebe
larebe

I liked this initially because it reminded me a lot of Cashmere Mist, so I purchased the travel-size lotion. But now all I smell is musky hairspray. :( I'll use it at night but never in public!

kittykat223
kittykat223

At first it smells awesome! But after awhile it becomes sickening and you want to wash it all off. If this wasn't so strong it would be 100x better!

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

Whoa... is this the Moonlight Path that leads to where terrible creatures dwell? Run away, as fast as you can!

I just don't like this scent. It smells a little bit sweet, and quite powdery, but mostly just like something incredibly musty and decrepit. This is not one for me, but may be excellent for your haunted house!

jackiedufield
jackiedufield

The mist (as opposed to the EDT) is so nice to spray on before you go to bed. Very telaxing.

AdrianB
AdrianB

There is a reason why I had this perfume.

It was love at first smell for me. Warm, soft, flowery, musky. Loved loved it. So of course I had to have it all. The perfume, shower gel, lotion, body mist, and something else. Body butter maybe? Don't remember.

Delighted with my purchases I indulged in this scent all evening. It wrapped around me like a warm soft blanket and just as comforting. I slipped into my pj's and cuddled up to hubby....

Who promptly pushed me away. Sat up, eyes wide open with fear. He asked me what that smell was.

"It's the new stuff I got at Bath & Body Works." I say.

"When did they start selling Old Spice?!" At this point he is out of bed and grabbing a blanket and pillow. "I love you sweetie" he says as he leaves the room "but I can't sleep with a woman who smells like my father."

One long hot shower with Exotic Coconut later, he came back.

I gave it to my mom. And learned a valuable lesson. If it even remotely resembles Moonlight Path have the husband with before I buy it.

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

I like this it is light for a lotion. it does smells like Musk a lot but as a lotion I like it the spray would be tacky too wear enough said I hate Jovan Musk and would hate the spray too moonlight path but like the lotion only!

leathermountain
leathermountain

I recommend the room spray, especially for the room with a bath.

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

It's the closest i can get to Night Musk by Avon all those years ago. The first spray is just like Night Musk & then it takes it own unique structure. Really soothing and powdery on dry down with that softness so it can be worn any time of the year. A luxury scent that is light & i actually find this a delight to wear without all the airs and graces that comes with some perfume's today and staying on a high it last's for ages on the skin.

madgefan
madgefan

I've loved Moonlight Path for years. Dark and powdery. Very sexy.

PatriciaC
PatriciaC

I love it! Their i said it-I can identify it right away. Its soft and powdery which is what i like.I have tryed the shampoo which smells great but can dry out your hair.Its not the chupacabra perfume i've been searching for (literally) but until i do i will continue to enjoy this. Thanks to all the reviews-it helps me to narrow down what notes i like. I thought i hated lavender-guess not.

TSLcompany
TSLcompany

I don't think it screams the moonlight in my imagination.. more like morning, noon and night in a blink of an eye. (hmm.. perhaps they wanted to named it like this but sidney sheldon won the copyrights.hahaha)

Started with a baby's smell in the morning because of the strong lavender that instantly step aside to give way to the powdery citrus (or bergamot as fragrantica named it), and the woody notes. It dries down to lavender, rose and other floral scent basked in sunlight, then the creamy smell of musk, amber and lavender with a hint of vanilla and the remaining floral as the night begins.. all in less than 10 minutes.

stacia79
stacia79

I wore this perfume the other day and 2 different people said that I smelled so lovely and asked what I was wearing. I didn't tell them...I was embarrassed to fess up to Bath & Body Works and I think the name is kind of derpy. But yeah, smells very soft and comforting. A lot like Heaven Sent. Lavender and musk. You probably won't offend anyone with this unless you pour on so much that you smell like a bottle of baby powder.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I am ever so enchanted with this scent, especially on this warm May night. To me, it evoques serenity, silence, the petal soft whisper of a rosegarden at night when the grass is dewy with moon nectar. I usually dislike lavender but here it is so soft and creamy that it reminds me of Morninglory or Bluebell. Its soft powdery notes ring true and the mandarin freshens up the florals making it my ideal fresh yet lacey scent for warm nights. It reminds me of Avon's Night Magic mixed with Tranquil Moments. In my likes for now but soon to gravitate towards love as far as mists go!

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I love wearing this on cool summer nights.I enjoy the lavender in this so much!

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

A soft fragrance. Fresh in a powdery sort of way - no sweet fruits, and the flowers are light, musky, comforting. This is amongst the best fragrances I have come across, for most seasons, because of its powder-freshness, because it isnt too strong or cloyingly sweet. It's ideal for days when you dont really want something too strong, but you still want something nice.

quackadoodle
quackadoodle

I bought my mum the body spray for her birthday. I didn't smell it before hand, I just chose it based on what I read about the notes, etc. Sounded nice. Well *I* love it. I want one. May have to go back and get myself a little body spray of this scent. I like having bottles of body spray around, and I have recently run out of my Calgon ones. This is just perfect. Better quality (than Calgon), too.

I smell (in order): lavender, musk, jasmine, bergamot, and sandalwood. Very little sandalwood, just a perfect amount. It is lovely.

ETA: When I sprayed it, I got some on my sweater. over 24 hours later, I can still smell it on my sweater. Most body sprays I have tried only last on the sweater for 3 hours (skin even less). . It lasted on my skin for about 4 hours. For a body spray, that is brilliant. If you're not sure of this scent, get the travel size body spray, for cheap, to try it out.

funkyowls
funkyowls

Whoa I realized I can actually smell the mandarin in this! It's more of just the sweetness or the essence, obviously without the sour aspect, it just blends in so well with the lavender/floral/powder/musk aspects that it's not obvious at all.

This is by far my favourite scent from BBW, and possibly out of all scents. I wear the mist constantly. While it does get "boring" after awhile, as all scents do if you wear them often, it never gets gross or too strong imo. I never feel grossed out by it which is rare for a perfume (the enjoyment of most depend on my mood, how I'm feeling physically, the weather etc.) but this one I can wear practically any time! And it's always beautiful with so much depth.

And it's so close to the skin. The thing I hate about fruity-florals is that they just project themselves and it's obvious you're wearing something. This is much more natural and isn't yelling for attention.

I even use this as a room spray as well, such a nice scent to have floating around. I also own the lotion, shower gel and bubble bath but unfortunately the smell of those seem much weaker and diluted to me compared to the mist, with only the lavender and powdery notes coming out, and the shower gel and bath are almost imperceptible. The mist has so much more depth. I haven't tried the eau de toilette.

Overall I think this suits any age and time of year. IT's not one you'll grow out of as you age but it also isn't too mature for a young teen. It's very soft and dreamy with a touch of sweetness.

leeleeB
leeleeB

I love this scent... I work in healthcare so I can't imagine wearing this for work unless I sprayed it lightly and a few hours before hand. There is a lady at work who wears this.. she is a smoker so she uses this to cover up.. really makes me sad because it is so warm, powdery and lovely. I have both the spray and perfume.

laurakaye
laurakaye

The body mist has been my automatic go-to for work for years. Anything with the word "moon" in its description is something I need to sample. I think the scent of lavender first thing in the morning calms me and get me ready for the day. My daughter, however, doesn't like it because she says she'll always associate the scent with me leaving for work.

I cannot handle the perfume version, and I don't know why. The mist is relaxing and mellow, it's just kind of "there." The perfume is way too intense for me.

I love the suggestions to spray a little before bed for sweet dreams. Maybe I'll make this my nighttime scent to give my daughter a different way to associate this scent with me, because as long as it's around, I'm going to have it.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

*Review for the Fragrance Mist

This body spray smells so nostalgic to me. I used to wear this a lot a few years back and I thought I didnt like it anymore.I recently grabbed a small bottle of this for old time sakes and wow memories came flooding back to me. The main notes that I can smell are the lavender, musk,sandlewood, and maybe a tiny bit of jasmine. I find this scent very soothing and comforting. Its also well blended for Bath and Body Works. I like layering it with the lotion which is a little more musky than the body spray.

If I manage to use up my little bottle I most likely will get the EDT version of this.

P.S. This makes a nice pillow spray as well :D

Jama4
Jama4

This is a spicy / floral scent that can be unisex.

Impresions:
Initial sprits - smells a bit like hair pomade
5 minutes later - the odd hair pomade like note has died down, now it smells more floral, lightly powdery and clean
10 hrs later - Wow I can still smell it very fresh yet slightly spicy

My skin type: Oily / Youthful
Projection: 6 feet
Longevity: 12 hrs +
Office Safe: yes if applied lightly
Potency: HEAVY (1 or 2 sprays is enough)
Timing: all year / anytime of the day

Disclamer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, the season, and my personal tastes

Mary_Eh
Mary_Eh

Another one of my comforting night-time scents. It's powdery, serene, and musky. I find that it lasts a long time on my skin and clothes (sometimes I'll spray one of my winter scarves and the scent will still be there a week later). Comparable to Avon's Night Magic.

leaveit2larry
leaveit2larry

my step mom wore this when I was younger. its very soothing and comforting to me =)

ttrappe
ttrappe

To old for me...not a fan of this one.

carmen28
carmen28

My sister received a body lotion from this and it smells absolutely horrific and odd! To me it smells like insect repellent. I don't really detect the lavender notes, all i can smell is strong musk. I think one of the reasons i dislike this so much is because i prefer sweet and fruity scents, this is definitely not my taste...

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

When I was in college one of my closest friends' roomate wore this fragrance and I couldn't understand why. I never liked it at all, most likely because of the powdery, musky, lavender. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I think it smelled "old", but there was something that I didn't like about it.

Fast forward a few years - while pregnant with my son, my taste in scents seems to have changed. I received Moonlight Path shower gel as a gift from a friend and decided to try it. I was absolutely amazed at how relaxing and pretty the fragrance was!! I have since purchased the fragrance mist and lotion in this scent and I really like it. This is one of my "just for me" scents. The main "notes" I detect from Moonlight Path are still lavender, powder, and musk, but somehow I find it feminine and soft now. This isn't a flashy scent that begs to be noticed, which is a nice change of pace every now and again. It is inexpensive, and one of my go-to scents when I just need to unwind.

iflipcess0527
iflipcess0527

I am so inlove with moonlight path, i like that it doesn't smell sweet and fruity. smells like i just came from a long shower, fresh and clean scent, not overpowering. scent is actually similar to body shops' white musk, only cheaper.

ryonana
ryonana

i really like moonlight path =) smells clean, rather than fruity like other bath and body works scents. i have the shower gel, perfume, and lotion. all are great.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I love how this smells; very warm, with lavender predominant but not excessively "herb-iy", which lavendar can be. Nice musky, amber and sandalwood notes really come out and last for a long time; I can also smell a bit of powdery vanilla. This perfume has a nice sillage (I can smell it one anyone from several feet away) and good longevity (6-8 hours). I have only ever used samples, but can't bring myself to buy it--it's my mom's fragrance! Anytime I smell it, it reminds me of her.

ImDiffrentSoWhat
ImDiffrentSoWhat

A very clean kind of fragrence. I don't find it oldlady-ish It is a clean and lightly floral scent. Not my usual fare but sophisticated for those special occasions and when I'm just feeling buisnessy. It is kind of a classical romantic scent to.

nightcat23
nightcat23

Enchanting, floral and softly powdery. It's a nice clean scent and the lavender is definitely the star of the show. Some people might see it as 'old lady-ish' but I find it romantic like strolling through a lavender garden at night under the moonlight.

A soft floral, slightly soapy, and somehow mysterious. I like this very much. While it does have a fresh out of the shower feeling, it is deeper and more complex than simple shower soap. I smell lavender and soft creamy florals blended with mild musk. It's a bit rainy today and I think this scent suits this weather very well. There is something quite enticing to me about this fragrance.

Pari88
Pari88

This is has always been one of my favorites, I will always keep it around. It is so comforting, a great bedtime scent. Every note is blended so well to make this a signature, believe it or not smell it for yourself. I have never smelled anything like Moonlight Path.

Update: Heaven Sent by Dana smells very similiar to this, but this one is not as powdery and is layered much better.

one_girl_rev
one_girl_rev

I love to layer this with Lolita Lempicka. Both of these fragrances have a rich, romantic, and soothing quality to them. Excellent cold weather scents. Moonlight Path is one of the best of B&BW's line up because it doesn't have artificial, sickly notes. It is creamy and soft, like a chenille pillow. It also has great lasting power.

Flowercat
Flowercat

How did I miss this one in my many visits to BBW?! Maybe the descriptive notes didn't fit my preconceived idea of what constitutes "soft, powdery,& sweet" which are the attributes I search for in fragrances. Midnight Path isn't particularly "sweet", but its toned-down sweetness perfectly compliments its tender, powdery, fresh-from-the-shower scent.

The dry-down just gets better and better. I sprayed the new "fine fragrance mist" all over me before bed last night, and awoke a couple of times to the happy thought: "Mmmmm, what smells so good?" The Sleep In It test really is a determining factor when you want to know how a fragrance reacts with your peronal chemistry--without needing to get critiqued in public!

I'm delighted to find a new favorite!

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

This is a great perfume! Very lovely, very fresh and powdery and it really does make me feel like im walking in a moonlit garden, late at night while wearing a fancy gown.

The only problem I have with this perfume is it NEVER LASTS!!! This would probably be on my top 3 favorites if it would just LAST. It seems to disappear within an hour : /

I wish there was a stronger formulation somewhere somehow...

phia143
phia143

This is defiantly a powdery scent.

horseluv99

It is a very nice and soft scent. It is very floral and a nice night time smell. I think it is definately a wintery smell and the bottle fits the wintery look with the light blue color.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Moonlight Path is too powdery for my taste. If I were to choose a powdery scent, I'd choose Love's Baby Soft over Moonlight Path.

romrom
romrom

I think Its such a romantic scent,it's so light and delicate and isn't overpowering its a mix of beautiful flower petals and a little bit of powder. I think that if you spray too much on yourself it could make you and everyone around you sick, but one or two sprays and you are left with a nice soft smell that lasts all day.

Booogie
Booogie

Such a soothing scent. I know a lot of people think this is an "old lady scent" and I could see that if someone bathed in it, but only then and fortunately I haven't experienced that yet. I also like this so much because I had a Spice Girls barbie, I had Scary Spice and her hair smelled just like this :)

jenny.parker
jenny.parker

This scent smells SO much like shaving cream, its weird. I would like it if it didnt remind me of shaving cream so much!

pardonm3
pardonm3

For some reason this scent smelled more powdery-fresh than floral to me, but maybe that's because I love lilacs, which don't smell like most flowers. The recent formulation is much less balanced and seems heavier on the lavender, which is too overpowering for me.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

MMMMM, powdery, purpley, smooth, warm fuzzy sweater goodness. So soft and calming. Not a loud or harsh fragrance by any means. Smells clean and fresh without being soapy. This is a "cuddle up under the covers and take a nap" fragrance...and by that I do not mean that it is boring, but that it relaxes and rocks your nose to sleep.

babybash44
babybash44

Oh, my what a lovely fragrance. This is affordable and delightful to the senses. It smells so incredibly feminine and fresh, with a sensual undertone of floral bliss. I'm a man but I would never be unhappy to smell this on a woman- pure heaven!

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

i once thought a co-worker had just gotten a fresh perm on her hair. nope, it was her new lotion : Moonlight Path. in a fit of insanity, i tried it on, myself, at the shop and it was fresh perm solution all over again. crazy!

Nernanator
Nernanator

Smells like someone is trying to cover up the scent of some rotting thing by spraying a whole can of powdery air freshener. I cringe when I smell this.

calyx93
calyx93

Smells nothing like Chanel No. 5 - don't know why people compare it to the iconic fragrance. It's okay on its own merits, but cannot hold a candle to the real thing.

goldiechick
goldiechick

The best thing about Moonlight Path is that it gives me a feel of wearing Chanel No. 5. Moonlight Path may be lighter than that of Chanel, but it has almost the same exact intense powdery scent. Therefore, without splurging over $100.00, I can just hop into my car, go to Bath and Body Works, and get my Moonlight Path. Likewise, I now gave more thought to Moonlight Path's sister fragrance, Warm Vanilla Sugar, also in the cuddler section, and it gives me a lighter feel of, if not exactly, the vanilla scent Chanel's sister fragrance, Shalimar. Like Chanel and Shalimar in the perfume world, Moonlight Path and Warm Vanilla Sugar have been originals at Bath and Body Works, and are amongst the most irreplaceable fragrances, where many come and go. Bath and Body Works is a wonderful place to get various fragrances for the right price, and their perfumes give you feels of more expensive perfumes, and it has been working well for me.

Irishfire
Irishfire

A classic musk. I don't really like or dislike it, but I've found that men really respond to it! Not sure why, but they just seem to love it.

hannie5
hannie5

I still own the original glass flower shaped perfume bottle of this scent and it smells as wonderful on me now as it did then! Real staying power and a lovely, powdery scent. So relaxing. I think, next to the original Cotton Blossom, I love this scent the best!

Whit
Whit

I used to wear this all the time and I still own it. However, as I have gotten older, I prefer more oriental/spicy scents over the powdery ones. That being said, I still like this one. I have other "powdery" scents like Heavenly Stardust and Fancy, which prove to be romantic and soft like Moonlight Path. This is one of those either-you-like-it or you don't scents. I prefer to wear it in the cooler months; warmer weather is too much for the powdery aroma. Overall, it's fresh, clean and yes, powdery. If you're not sure, try before you buy. :)

SandraV
SandraV

I used to love this scent but now it literally smells like plastic on me-so disappointing.It might just be me as I used to wear it all the time about 10 years ago:(

aqua76239
aqua76239

I don't like lavender in anything so perhaps that's why I disliked it. I sampled it on numerous occassions in BBW and the result was the same-cool sharp smelling soapy scent. Drydown is very musky and smells like cheap mens aftershave. Yikes! I sprayed it on the paper and that's what it smelled like. I also owned small body spray and the result was identical. Tuberose, rose, jasmine, violet-where are all these flowers because I can't smell any of it. Top notes overwhelm everything here. I also realized that I smelled it on numerous people and I used to think "what soap are they using that it smells so sharp and strong?"lol. Not for me. If it works for you, great but I can't stomach it
Rainydays said it smelled like men's shaving cream, yeah, I totally agree with that

MandaSmellsGood
MandaSmellsGood

So, I must say that this is a perfume that I always come back to. After struggling about which perfume to wear on my wedding day, I decided this has to be it. It's comforting, pretty, fresh, and sexy at the same time. My husband loves it and I got many compliments on it that day. Whenever I wear it in school (work), other teachers tell me smell "yummy." My students LOVE this scent! One time they argued whether or not it was my natural scent or not!! Haha. I just really love it- and I think you may need to smell it on others to realize how great it is. Pair it with the lotion- even better!

For those who think it smells too powdery, my husband hates powdery scents and somehow described this as fresh and clean!

I love my little Moonlight Path,and I hope one day you get to enjoy it, too- not too many of you, though! ;)

Turtledove
Turtledove

I really don't like this one. I've given it multiple tries, the concept sounds nice, but it just doesn't work for me. I don't understand how people get lavender out of this, it doesn't smell like real lavender at ALL. It would smell nicer if it did. All I smell is soap and baby powder, and not in a fresh or pleasant way, it just smells kind of old and stale.

dfwag2011
dfwag2011

Wonderful for relieving stress, or after a nighttime bubble bath! However, I usually just wear this one at home.

luvyalots
luvyalots

I find this too powdery and soapy/ shampoo-y for my taste.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

I love this perfume! It is very soft and romantic. I really like that this perfume smells the same on me as it does in the bottle. I didn't notice that it changes through out the day either. I have a freind who doesn't like perfumes AT ALL but does like this one and always tells me I smell nice when I wear it.
This is a must for my perfume shelf!

lara0905
lara0905

I'm a big fan of powdery fragrances.Moonlight Path is liquid moonlight in the bottle.:) This is a very comfortable relaxing scent, great bedtime fragrance.It's working very well with my skin chemistry. The lavender, violet, bergamott and musk absolutely detectable in the scent but in the soft, calming way.It's stays close to my skin about 4 hours.
For romantic girls only!:)

JulieLadyBug122

I find that half of people will like this and the other half will not. I like this however not enough to buy it but my mom got me the shower gel and I think it smells good just does not stand out amongst my other perfumes.

iloveelifeee
iloveelifeee

Don't get me wrong, I love baby powder scents, but this is VERY powdery. Actually, a little overpowering. The only note I smell in this is powdery cotton. Maybe I just purchased a bad bottle?

ilyn1208
ilyn1208

i use it everytime i go to bed..and my kids perfume

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

This is one of the heaviest powdery scents that I own and I absolutely adore it. To me it is delicate and romantic <3 I like to wear this one to bed sometimes as it can also be very comforting and calming. Synthetic or not this beauty is a must have!

greydove
greydove

Smells like hairspray.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Have I ever written that I love confort, powdery scent? Maybe a thousand time... :) This is another confort scent that I usually wear with so pleasure in spring. I found it on ebay...sadly Bath & body works isn't available in Italy...why??!!! Anyway, I bought it unsniffed, and I'm not disappointed! I don't smell many floral notes in this fragrance, mayble only the rose, mixed soooo well with the musk and the heliotrope. The result is a romantic, floral-powdery fragrance, that works so well with my skin! I also have the body spray, but I think it's a little different, muskier that the edt...IMO, the body spray is similar to Avon Soft musk, while the edt has a more complex and original smell. Anyway, I like the body spray too! :)

Christie171
Christie171

I like how this in this perfume, you can smell hints of lavender in it; which is one of my favorite scents. One of my favorite B&B perfumes

rainydays
rainydays

I like most B&BW fragrances for their simplicity and easy-wear. I've never found any of them offensive... except this one. I walked by somebody while wearing it and they said "Hm, something smells like really strong men's shaving cream." I just said "Uh, yeah, I smell it too. Weird." And I immediately ran off to scrub away Moonlight Path. Fast forward a few months and the fragrance comes up in a conversation with about four others. Everybody chimed in about what a strange, heavy, sickly sharp smell it was. Not good. It really does smell overwhelmingly of men's shaving cream! Not what I want to smell like, personally.

ooxxmadixxoo
ooxxmadixxoo

I have this as a Wallflower in my room after smelling it once at BBW. I love it in my room and I always catch a whif of it when I walk in my room. Since I love the wallflower I decided to go to BBW today and spray the EDT on my wrist to see the lasting power and to see how the scent smelled with my chemistry. I sprayed it on at 12 this afternoon and it is now 11 pm at night and it still smells amazing! It's almost like a soft powder which I love. I love soft scents, this is a perfect perfume for those who love soft scents. I prefer soft scents over heavy ones. I also used the lotion while I was there and it smells just as good. I will be going back and purchasing very soon. I think this will become my signature scent!

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

Love this one. It is so soft and sensual. I really love this fragrance.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I used to wear this in middle and high school. I remember when it first came out, it feels like a cashmere sweater. Literally the smell is soft and comforting. I was able to get the "old packaging" EDT for $7 today and do was very excited. I would say that lavender is the strongest note here for me and consider this aromatherapy. This has some sweetness, but a floral one, not a sugary one. Moonlight path can be worn in any season. Im so happy to have a new bottle if this treasure!

Carnelian
Carnelian

Powder, powder, powder, with a touch more powder. I am not sure where all the complexity is supposed to be (the description sounds like a garden.) To me, it is a light and dusty. Smells clean, at least. When first on, I get the some sweet white florals & some lavender, but this quickly fades into...plastic powdered flowers. Only vaguely reminiscent of Anais Anais (for comparison - it's in the fam.), you're much better off with that one! In this case, ya'll, stick with the classics.
Later note: Okay, this does remind me of the lavender baby products I used on my cubs when they were babies, and when I need to be babied, I pull this out. It's good for that.

luxlover
luxlover

I love this scent, it's indeed addictive. Something I can wear anywhere and anytime of the day. Light and fresh...hmmmmm..

putri
putri

the name speaks for itself.i find this scent so light and sweet.

guest_marshey
guest_marshey

moonlight path is addictive...ilove it...and the person who wears it!

falovalo
falovalo

Wow, snobbery runs rampant when it comes to perfumes. Moonlight Path is not a breakthrough in fragrances, BUT it doesn't take away from the fact that it is very wearable. It's creamy, musky and soft. I don't smell any patchouli or vanilla, or anything but musk and flowers, really. Those who are used to rich, heavy perfumes may not go for this, but those who like fuzzy, comfy scents will.

lilinah
lilinah

I recently purchased inexpensive small body lotions in this and several other B&BW scents, after first trying them on. Frankly all B&BW stuff smells more than a bit synthetic, since it is. However, at least in cold weather, i didn't find this too objectionable.

None of the B&BW fragrances can compete with quality fine perfumes in structure, composition, or quality of ingredients. But then again, not everyone can afford the good expensive stuff, and some don't appreciate it.

So this and a few other B&BW scents are a bit more sophisticated than their usual fare.

While i agree that there are hints of that horrible hideous vile old cheap ubiquitous pervasive Jovan Musk (and what sillage THAT had :) i didn't find Moonlight Path overpowering.

I confess i only tried the body lotion and not the eau de toilette or shimmer mist. Either or both may have subtle (or not so subtle) differences.

Something about this gives me a terrible headache, and I've never actually had it on my skin. A woman I work with used the lotion and every time I have to back away from her with a searing migraine. The smell isn't bad, but there's a note in it that's pervasive and unavoidable. In the end, it's pretty, but rather rudely intrusive. Smaller application doses might solve this.

magie
magie

I love Moonlight Path. It is a very mellow fragrance, with lavender and rose(and you can tell from my other reviews that I love a good rose scent.)I used to wear it to bed but my husband hated it and ask me not to wear it. I can't figure why, I thought it lovely. He hated Anais-Anais as well. So give it a try, It is one of B&B nicest scents.

britfly
britfly

At first smell, I think this is quite harsh. The lavender is too overpowering. It does, however, fade away to reveal a beautiful rosy scent which, to me, makes the scent worth purchasing.

essija
essija

This is a Romantic Blend of Floral Musk and it suits my skin perfectly. I love this. It reminds me of true love and pure romance. I will layer this w/the lotion but could be worn alone and will last all day.. This is a great scent from Bath and Body Works...

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

i fell in love with this scent the first time i smelled it. I dont even know how to describe it The scent is so beautiful & soft.
Its so romantic light and delicate and isn't overpowering its a mix of beautiful flower petals and powder.
Its so calming delicate and comforting.
Ive been using this for years and will continue buying it.It will always be a part of my perfume collection- its a must have!

Last year i bought moonlight path shimmer mist it was soo pretty -i didnt see it this year :-(

has anyone tried the creamy body wash?

margierose
margierose

I love Moonlight Path. I feel like I stepped into an English Garden. Makes me feel great,especially now that Winter is upon us in New York. I think you ladies should give it a try.

debbborra
debbborra

It's so hard to find exactly the right word. Terrible? Awful? Perhaps what came out in 2007 was a reformulation, a terrible, awful, stinky reformulation. All I could smell was synthetics and cheap musk. Horrible! That's the word, just horrible. The horror of something that smells like Jovan Musk and will not wash off. It's hard for me to emphasize strongly enough just how bad I found this perfume, and deeply I regretted having sprayed myself with it.

The body creams by the way may not be as scary.

Moonlight Path by Bath and Body Works 3.51 out of 5 based on 461 ratings and 101 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Moonlight Path by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Moonlight Path by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.