Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

Noir Bath and Body Works for men

Noir Bath and Body Works for men
dislike

Bath & Body Works launches the Signature Collection for men in 2010. It includes four masculine fragrances: Citron, Ocean, Oak and Noir. These fragrant compositions are rich and aromatic, dedicated to different men and their particular preferences. If you like nature and outdoors, try Oak. If you want an extremely fresh scent, Ocean is ideal for you. If you are energetic and sporty type, you will be happy with Citron, while Noir is for the daring and courageous men.

Noir is a bold and exotic aroma of black cardamom and white musk.

Top notes: bergamot, clary sage, rosemary, coriander. Heart: lavender, cardamom, orange blossom. Base: vanilla, amber wood, vetiver, white musk.

It is available as 100 ml cologne, 120 ml deodorant spray and 60 and 295 ml body wash.

Rosemary Coriander Bergamot Clary Sage

Lavender African Orange flower Cardamom

vetyver Woodsy Notes Amber Vanille Musk

Swiss Army

Noir Fragrance Reviews

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

First initial impression:

This smells very nice in the opening ! Its very fresh out of the showerish,but at the same time sweet and sensual. As it dries down it becomes creamier and the vanilla and musk really come out. I first wanted this fragrance because a guy at my gym always sprays this on after he showers and every time ive fallen more and more in love with it. (For some reason this scent smells like roasted marshmallows,lol)

On this guy it smelled better though as it was more fresh and on me I get a lot more of the vanilla and musk. Which still isnt bad but after a while this stuff can get on my nerves.

A big sidenote with this fragrance is less really is more. with 1-3 sprays this is perfect as its fresh and aromatic but slightly sweet. Anymore then that and you WILL be that cologne guy as 4+ sprays on me anyways becomes overly sweet and cloying.

Performance on this is actually really good. 8-12 hours with 3 hours of projection and really good projection even with 1-2 sprays.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that I understand this fragrance more I like and respect this a lot more especially since I know how many sprays to use. When I 1st wear a fragrance I always test it out to see if less or more sprays is optimum and this scent is 1 that can trick you because it opens up as a darker,fresh,pleasant out of the shower smell which can make you think that you may need more sprays than a normal cologne. BUT dont make the same mistake I did and over apply because this starts out fresh but then transforms into a sweeter,creamy scent that becomes a little heavier as time goes on and the vanilla and musk comes out.

With 1-3 sprays ( 2 on the chest, 1 on either the front or back of the neck) this still remains pleasant,creamy and fresh and a perfect balance of sweet and sensual and attractive and fresh.

HOWEVER with 4+ sprays this becomes overly sweet, and headache inducing. Which says a lot for me because since Im used to heavy frags it takes a lot to bother my nose.

Performance:

This lasts 8-10 hours on my skin even with 1-3 sprays Which is damn good concidering the price point.

Projection is also very good ! The 1st hour its semi strong and continues to project on my skin for 3 hours.

SIDENOTE: Dont let the price tag or brand name fool you. This is a great fragrance overall and has already gotten me compliments

Overall rating --- 8.5 out of 10 !

jayjosh87
jayjosh87

When I smell this I think of a cologne a Rockstar would wear. Smells very deep,mysterious and masculine. Sexy scent for dates or clubs. Night time wear or fall and winter

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Ugh! I like vanilla and I like (most) musk; I think it's the amber that's the deal-breaker here for me.

Androgynous
Androgynous

my ex loved this on me..very deep, sexy and sensual but too many people wear it

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

This is one I actually stole from my dad. Someone gave him this and citron. He did'nt want them because they smelled too "young" for him (and the axe dosen't?) anyways, I used up citron because it was my signature for awhile. I definitely like noir better. It's hard to put noir but imagine Curve by liz Claiborne with vanilla poured ontop. Very soft, for the soft yet daring guy. I put it on in the morning before school and could still smell it hours afterward. Id's say it's worth trying and great bang for your buck. And it's especially great if you don't want to smell mainstream.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I blind bought Ocean,Oak,Citron and this a few years back. This and Oak are the best. This is a spicy/sweet concoction which good performance and well priced. The scent is very likable and gets complimented well. The amber and vanilla never get too sweet and cloying. It's priced around 15-20 bucks on Ebay and I would say it's a safe blind buy.

Dylan1995
Dylan1995

The only fragrance I have out of the Bath and Body Works line. It's a good fragrance for wearing to like a family event such as a Christmas party or get together. Maybe a signature scent to some people who have the type of personality to pull it off all the time. Definitely a more cool weather fragrance. Summer nights, fall days or nights, and winter days or nights. I recommend 2 sprays on the neck and one on each wrist, if your skin doesn't work well with fragrances (not trying to insult anyone, sometimes it just is what it is) then you can spray an extra on the back of your neck. Strong musk comes from this and a spicy yet sweet mid and base note. The vanilla really helps it stay in balance and stay a little sweet but still maintain its masculinity. Projection's decent (3 hours of arm length projection) and longevity is excellent (10+ Hrs.)

jerrod.young.12
jerrod.young.12

Nice cologne, my ex had it, it has a very rich smell, has moderate longevity, perfect for night wear to a club or out on a date, best for fall and winter, I wore it more than him lol..I would buy it for myself but it would probably bring back too many old memories.

pinkvintagelove
pinkvintagelove

I like this a lot. I love going into BBW, and my boyfriend had told me he was looking for a new cologne and wanted me to pick one out for him. I was just browsing, and usually my boyfriend likes white citrus so I was looking to buy him the cologne in that. I saw this and took a whiff, and it was delicious! Warm, strong, with a hint of vanilla. Not girly at all, it is a strong, musky vanilla wood. It is really nice.

kenney77
kenney77

Very sexy long lasting cologne

WolfHaleigh
WolfHaleigh

I love this one. Great for fall season, the musk is good without killing people (sometimes musk goes overboard, and that's just how some fragrances do they thing). A blend of musk and freshness, when it comes to musk I tread lightly but this one I find to be quite satisfying. Definitely keeping this in my collection.

nemesis76
nemesis76

Noir has a special place in my collection because it holds plenty of sentimental value for me. As a fragrance it holds up very well against my other more expensive colognes and so far it has been a pleasure to wear. Dark but not to the extreme like many have pointed out already.

The smell is fresh and musky although I must be crazy when I say this but I detect a touch of baby powder in it. That's OK it still smells nice even if its not mentioned in the notes. Its fresh and sweet and as time goes by it gets sweeter on me. I would wear this at night especially around the fall and winter season. The longevity and sillage are moderate but for a low price I am happy with it.

8 out of 10

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

Very rich, dark, sweet amaretto.

This is a wonderful amber fragrance that does a great job at being pretty masculine.

"Rich" is the best way to describe this. This is most definitely a very versatile, likable every day scent. You won't find many people who hate this.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I got this for my boyfriend and he loves it!! I got is on sale with B&BW along with a few others.

bonanza1
bonanza1

Oh this just smells good, real good. It has a slighty not too sweet smell that is great, it makes me keep smelling my arm and then my eyes roll back. The good thing its a big bottle for the price so I can spray away, mix this with this the oak body wash and Im in smell good nirvana.

thekurtsaga
thekurtsaga

I am currently a fan of Twilight Woods from BBW, but this is very sweet. The muskiness is there. And I am a big fan of musk. The name of the perfume, noir, suggests a dark feeling for the perfume, and yes, the perfume will give you that. However, it will not push you too much to that dark feeling, because of the rosemary, Clary Sage, and lavender. They balance that dark smell and sweetness. I am just waiting for a sale on BBW, so I can get this one. This is perfect for the fall.

MADasAhatter
MADasAhatter

my fav out of the BBW men's collection. My boyfriend wears this and it smells soo good.

It's light and has a nice smeared out quality, so don't expect to detect notes clearly. I can understand the comparison to Code, at least at first, but I find Code to be too harsh, so I never get to the drydown with that one. With Noir, you won't find any soapy lavender or rooty vetiver, and it's reasonably natural smelling. There's a touch of Burberry's London for Men here, but this one isn't as rich, though unlike London, with Noir the "good stuff" lasts a lot longer. This is a step up from Cadillac Extreme, which has a bit of a "synthetic" quality, though that one is stronger. Overall, Noir is worth $20 or so per 100 ml bottle, but if you've already got something similar, you may not have a need for it. I think I prefer Anthology L`Amoureux 6 by Dolce & Gabbana for this kind of fragrance at a reasonable price, mainly because I'm really tired of the lavender gourmands, as I like to think of them. So, don't expect niche or vintage with Noir, but rather a casual fragrance that works for me as a change of pace, especially when I know I won't be paying as much attention to the fragrance I'm wearing as I usually do. I wouldn't wear this in warm or hot weather.

Whit
Whit

As a girl writing this review, I really like this. I wish my hubby wore smell good stuff more often. Anyway, I was at our local BBW and I tried some of this on my hand. It's rich, spicy and masculine and honestly, I would wear the body lotion for myself. LOL To me, it smells like a darker version of CK One, which I adore. So, this is nice...for guys and for those girls that like the more masculine scents.

Bakersdozen
Bakersdozen

My husband is wearing this now. I agree with the reviewers who said it is masculine, spicy, and has just a touch of sweetness. I didn't expect B&B to have something this nice for men. A good scent for the price.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I never realized that BBW had men's colognes until I looked at them on this site, so I went to the store and smelled all of them. Turns out, they are all good but this one was my favorite out of the four that I smelled. It just smells so masculine and professional to me. If I smelled a guy that had this on, I would be pleased :)

ZTLaidlaw
ZTLaidlaw

Not my favorite out of the BBW Men Collection. I found its scent to be cold and empty without any real depth. I usually categorize my scents with certain seasons. Noir is too heavy for warmer weather but not rich enough for colder weather; it just made me depressed. Noir is just there.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Got it for the hubby for fathers day. It smelled nice on him hours later after he had tested it at the store. Warm woody w vanilla, pleasant not strong. Good value cologne with staying power, 3.4/$29.50 and I used a $10 discount coupon so I paid $19.50 and change. What a deal.

BooRad0859
BooRad0859

To my nose, it smells like Armani Black Code. Perhaps thats why they went with the name Noir. The reviews here are spot on....spicy with just a touch of sweetness to soften it. An above average mass market fragrance.

Noir is black(synonymous with "night") in French, and some of the notes add a dark edge to this but the overall scent is a rich, slightly spicy, soft oriental with a hint of sweetness. Testing these in the store, I was the least impressed with this but when I got the individually bagged scent papers home and smelled them hours later it's slightly darker side became apparent...

The opening is quite bitter and green (perhaps why I was initially not impressed)with pungent herbs and tart bergamot. The main body softens and becomes a slightly spicy, warm,powdery and sweet floral, no longer sharp but sensual and smooth. The finish on this is where the darkness creeps in, the deep vanilla and resinous amber join with a soft musk and an earthy vetiver/woodsy accord. Sexy, yes.BLACK? not really; but it is nicer than I first gave it credit for. You could wear this on a first date or just for going out on a cool evening but there are mucher darker, more sensual fragrances out there...

Sillage: okay
Longevity: decent
Overall: 3/5

Please don't get the wrong impression, this is as well-blended as the others in this line; it's just not a scent I could see myself wearing that often. It is sweet, herbal, with oriental feel that has some beautiful flowers and just enough spice in it to accent the overall slightly woody vibe. Better than some mass market "black" scents but not as DARK as I had hoped...

danimcneil
danimcneil

I couldn't have described this any better than the previous review...seductive, deep, yet sweet at the same time. Noir is most definitely my favorite out of the 4 followed closely by oak. Give it a try! Great price!

Its been almost 2 weeks since I tried it but as far as I remember... I do like it. The bottle and its name may suggest a dark and heavy scent, but it is not. It is not even smoky or dry. It is actually deep, rich, and seductive. It has some sweetness in it as well. To me, it's more like a oriental fougere. It can be very affordable because B&BW always has a big sale event. I am gonna wait till then to get Noir... And Oak too. Oh alright! Why not all four?! :))

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Noir by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Noir by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.