Designers » B » Woody Spicy « Groups

Riceflower & Shea Bath and Body Works for women

Riceflower & Shea Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

coconut

Riceflower & Shea is a delicate and soothing scent of rice and shea butter. Top notes: ginger, anise and spring water. Heart: rice flower and coconut milk. Base: amber, musk and sandalwood.

Ginger Anise Water Notes

Coconut Rice

Musk Sandalwood Amber

Annam
mark Sophistique

Riceflower & Shea Fragrance Reviews

lemonfreshjoy

St. Ives makes a lotion with Oatmeal and Shea that smells similar to this. I am still bummed out about B&BW taking away my scent. :(

lemonfreshjoy

I went to the B&BW website and I couldn't find this anymore. I am really upset because it went well with my chemistry and I ALWAYS got complimented on it. If Aveeno lotion and Heliotrope Blanc smell similar, then I guess I will start wearing that. Thank you, Pari88 and Fruitypurr for the suggestions. :)

Pari88
Pari88

For a perfume version of this I suggest heliotrope blanc by l.t piver edt not the lotion or body splash. I love rice flower, it is a body spray so it's dominated by alcohol and I can't really wear it on skin unless I have a ton of body cream on, but it is absolutely soft and beautiful, evocative of the name. I hope bath and body stops making the uber sweet fruity stuff and brings back the classics in edp versions. Night blooming jasmine and rice flower Shea share that almond heliotrope quality, a soft skin scent for day to day use. A "white" type of fragrance. Very nice.

I remember being really excited when I first saw this as a teenager. I love the scent of jasmine rice, and coconut, and sandalwood, musk etc.
But no.. just no.
Although I'm one of those people that love the "play doh" note this smells like play doh in a completely awful way. Chemical and strange and crusty and just gross.

fruitypurr
fruitypurr

It's watery. I respect that. I'm growing up on 70% natural so I respect that it is natural smelling.
Smells like a vintage ricey watery fragrance.
A magic show.
Kind of smells like Aveeno lotion.

herreroph
herreroph

Open with Alcohol, Alcohol and a bit of coconut rice.
After 15 min is close to the skin and smells very nice (sweet rice)

antfarm
antfarm

I like this, although it is a magic show perfume: it appears and disappears at will. Sometimes I'll think it's gone, and then I'll smell something really pretty that doesn't smell like a perfume, and I realize that, oh, it came back for a split second.

The lotion smells just like...a lotion, any kind of lotion really. And the body spray smells like a watery lotion spray. Somehow it is very pleasant though. I like the rice flower in it (when I can smell it). It's comforting and I don't smell rice flower anywhere else often. This would be a good fragrance for someone who is sick or allergic to perfume.

VintageButterfly
VintageButterfly

I smell Vanilla, but there isn't a fragrant note for that above.... odd. I love the sandalwood and rice scent of this body spray, I also have the shower gel.

rye
rye

This is a lovely mixture that I wish they had expanded into their edp but...no, it remains a weak body spray that disappears 30 seconds after I spray it on. I tried using it on my sheets and pillows. Wonderfully soothing and relaxing, but again...30 seconds and gone. My husband even remarked on how nice it was and wondered why the scent wouldn't linger. Oh well. I think I'll give Avon's Sophistique a go if THAT hasn't been discontinued. God, I'm grumpy this morning. Where's my coffee?

Museumgal
Museumgal

Very soft, subtle and surprisingly complex. Doesn't last long as it's a spray, but nice for casual days! Warm and cozy without overpowering.

lemonfreshjoy

After all these years I am finally smelling the "playdough" but I don't care because I still love it and get compliments on it. I am so glad Bath and Body Works sells this on their website. My favorite.

jjnaaucoin
jjnaaucoin

This one is a FAV...hard to find all the time. Seems BBW and I have different taste, if I like it they get rid of it...and keep everything that makes my head scream.

nena18sept
nena18sept

i use this body spray when i go to bed, it helps me to relax and get my sleep. i really like it, it's so soft and creamy.. the only thig is it does not last on my skin(1hr max), that's why i only wear it at night

jreyes366
jreyes366

Oh this scent is seriously to die for! It's so soft and sweet and just yummy. I've never smelled anything like it in my life, it's just so unique and mysterious. If you like sweet and soft scents, this is for you

Booogie
Booogie

Sweet, milky rice water. Mmm :) however I don't get any coconut... Playdough, yes, but not enough to make it gross. It softens and it's perfect. Wish there was an EDT.

Today I returned a rather over-powering drug-store perfume, got $11 back, ran over to Bath and Body Works for the semi-annual sale and bought 4 Riceflower Shea Butter Body Mists for the same price. I had to stock up, as they only offer this spray a few times a year. The coconut scent is soft and subtle, while the shea butter smells warm, delicious, creamy and soothing. I hope they never stop making this fragrance because I feel so happy whenever I'm wearing it.

WitchyWoman727

THESE ARE NOT DISCONTINUED! I don't know why everyone keeps saying that!! lol You can buy it at Bathandbodyworks.com

kalios55
kalios55

Riceflower and Shea

This scent is like a thin soft silky blanket. It provides comfort, coziness, and warmth.

Gentle, milky, lightly sweet, and unconsciously sensual--Riceflower and Shea is one perfect ageless transparent skin scent.

I get a lot of sweet coconut milk, rice powder, mild amber and clean musk. If an angel should have a smell .. This scent must be it.

Riceflower and Shea is not well noticed. One of BBW's underrated and therefore discontinued scents. Unfortunately, it was only made to be a body mist and nothing stronger.

Mark Sophistique is similar but not as cuddly and gentle. I would say Sophistique is the intense EDP version of Riceflower and Shea. Sophistique has more amber. It's darker, sweeter, muskier, and spicier. I prefer Riceflower and Shea.

yummy. love it.

tammyk883
tammyk883

I was wearing this one day at the mall and a guy stopped me and asked what I was wearing...he said I smelled like fresh baked cookies. I think thats a good thing. :)

Tkayewade1211
Tkayewade1211

It's a great scent, very creamy. I think it smells a little like play doh

madhatter1
madhatter1

I like the reviews I see. Im gonna have to try this on at the BBW yellow sale, perhaps pick up an xtra bottle.

krissycat
krissycat

Mmmmm, I really like this. It reminds me of Kenzo Amour to be honest with you, and also a tokyo milk scent I have called french kiss. Ofcourse this b and b scent is a little more like a skin scent but I think I've found what to use as my base under Kenzo to keep the scent on longer. What a beautiful soft scent. Delicious.

K3ll3Y
K3ll3Y

While visiting my local BBW sale, I saw a bottle of the spray in a bin with a sign 75% off. I looked at it and saw nothing wrong except it had the cap missing. After a whiff I decided what's the risk? I think the price came to $2 and change. I sorted through the bins and couldn't find any more.

The next day I wore it and prepared myself for the usual burnt flower, sugar and fruit smell but was pleasantly surprised by how this one behaved. I kept sniffing my arm wondering if this really came from BBW.

I noticed as I went about my day that I smell something nice and sniffed my arm to see if it was me and it was! The scent does remind me of playdough, but not like cold clay. I think it's a doughy smell with creamy vanilla and something in it may be salty because it keeps it from being too sweet.

I really like this one - not like the sickening sweet, rotten flowers or alcohol smells. It actually smells richer than I expected and different. I too wish they'd make a EDT of this.

I have to add to this... I ordered the body cream and body wash from BBW web site. The body wash does not smell anything like the fragrance and the body cream. It reminds me of a wet dog - very unpleasant.

bliss
bliss

I sprayed this on last week and was shocked at how long it lasted! The scent is very soft and creamy. Such a clean but also seductive scent. This is very warm and cosy, better if you have someone there to cuddle with. This is a scent you can wear every day as it is light enough, and a scent someone else would like to find on you in a close encounter!

danimcneil
danimcneil

Im so glad they added this one. Bbw rice flower and shae is such a sensual scent. It smells to me like a "fresh piece of paper" scent dipped in very soft vanilla musk. Ive always had this thought come to my mind when smelling it. It has quite a bit of delicious musk; not the baby wipe type musk that is almost powdery. I wish the would actually make a edt of this because I believe it is one of their better scents.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I have the lotion of this. I like it a lot! I must agree though, as too many have said, it does have that playdough scent. I don't wear it out as it certainly doesn't impress anyone, but I enjoy it for me, alone, snuggled up with a blanky and watching a good movie!

I have never really considered BBW RICE FLOWER & SHEA to be a perfume, but I saw that someone reviewed it recently, and since I'm wearing it today, I may as well chime in to say: This is a great body spray!

This is a very pleasant scent: both clean and sensual, not too flowery or sweet, yet scrumptious all the same and perfect for days like today when it's so humid that you may as well be walking in the rain. For some reason this formula seems to contain less alcohol than some of the BBW body sprays, so there is no need to hold one's breath upon application. I would describe this as close to a skin scent, and note that it does not build up with reapplication, so it's perfect for cooling effect under a ceiling fan!

I really love this scent and would welcome the launch of an edt. But it's a very good product, for what it is. Highly recommended for summertime or as a light post-shower scent!

gesch
gesch

Thanks for adding!
I have had this scent for so long, and though BBW never released it as EdT the body spray makes no need for it. It lasts quite long, to 4 hrs, so nearly as long as some EdTs.

It is a stunning concoction of powdery, amber with one of the best opening notes in the beginnings: it is fresh, zesty without letting the middle fight or itself: the topnotes mingle perfectly with the coconut.
A coconut like the real thing - not this syrup. It's a wet, aromatic coco ith the ricenotes you seem to have coco-rice, together with powdery amber, and still lingering top.

Riceflower & Shea by Bath and Body Works 4.13 out of 5 based on 108 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Riceflower & Shea fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Riceflower & Shea, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Riceflower & Shea by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Riceflower & Shea by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.