Designers » B » Oriental « Groups

Sensual Amber Bath and Body Works for women

Sensual Amber Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

Sensual Amber by Bath and Body Works is a Oriental fragrance for women. Top notes are plum, forest fruits and bergamot; middle notes are iris, orange blossom, white rose and lotus; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla and praline.

Plum Forest Fruits Bergamot

iris Orange Blossom White Rose Lotus

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Musk Vanilla Praline

Sensual Amber Fragrance Reviews

dreamndigital23
dreamndigital23

I agree, the best BBW scents always get discontinued, it's frustrating. :( I'm still waiting for them to make Vanilla Bean Noel into a holiday perfume haha, one can wish...

Anyhow, Sensual Amber is my most comforting scent for Fall and Winter. I spritz this on during rainy days and at night for bed. So soothing, warm and sweet. There's nothing like getting a soft whiff of this under the covers on a cold Winter's night snuggled next to your honey. This is the scent you wear wrapped in a sweater watching a movie by the fire or curled up with a good book and a cup of Earl Grey!

This is totally unisex as well, on the right person this is divine. Simply good.

5/5 for most cozy fragrance. Not too woodsy or dark, but not sick sweet either.

Centsless
Centsless

Why would a company quit making the BEST scent they ever had? You’re drunk B&BW. Sensual Amber is so damn delicious and cozy. Vanilla, amber and praline are comforting and warm...musk and sandalwood give this scent texture: soft and fuzzy!

DJJellyBean
DJJellyBean

I ordered the fragrance mist online since it's discontinued. It actually is very long lasting, so it's probably unnecessary to get the edt. This is a pretty sweet scent, almost like cake, with slightly musky and sweet amber. I really like it. :)

Renata tang
Renata tang

Someone says" You smell gorgeous!"

Scentasticme
Scentasticme

Sensual Amber is another amazing discontinued scent from BBW. I feel this smells exactly like Flowerbomb. I compared the two side by side on my skin and could not tell the difference. I asked friends and family and they couldn't either. It's a very sexy sweet amber fragrance that wear well and gets better as it's on the skin for some time. May be a bit much in hot weather but lovely on a crisp day or night.

perhapser
perhapser

Simple, sexy, and sultry. Men always seem to compliment it!

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

this stuff is STRONG. it smells really nice and you literally only need 1-2 sprays. nothing lasts on me but this sure does. great scent. very sweet and sexy.

moonlightblush
moonlightblush

This is one of my favorites! The smell reminds me of a cozy walk through an autumn leave crested forest path in the middle of fall, snuggled in a warm sweater. I love scents that are comforting and remind me of nice things and this is the perfect example of one. I just wish the scent lasted longer though. I keep having to reapply it!

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I picked the EDT up and body wash at the Bath and Body Works Semi annual sale. Both were very cheap. Well unfortunately the EDT sprays out and smells very alcohol/synthetic like, and dries down to barley there scent on me. Not what I remember from long ago.

I do however LOVE the wall plug ins though for my bedroom, so yummy. To me it smells nothing like the body stuff.

So unfortunately even though very cheap deal, returning the EDT and Body wash tomorrow. Even though it's only like $10, I'd rather put that $$ towards something better!

FionaNewZealand
FionaNewZealand

I have the BBW Sensual Amber body butter and it smells a lot like the original Dior Addict EDP. Great for layering, as the body butter provides a beautifully scented base for my Dior Addict.

janechemi
janechemi

i love the lotion because it smells like a soft sandlewood amber but the EDT is a suffocating amber and musk with nothing else when i wear it. i hate it on me. one day my boyfriend slept over and when he was leaving for work he noticed he didnt have any cologne left. since he didnt want to smell fruity or sweet he chose this one and on him it smelled like a soft musky amber with the smallest hint of vanilla and a ghost of fruity undertones. i guess this one is all up to body chemistry since it smelled amazing on him

noni_345
noni_345

Love this scent!! I got the lotion on sale and they became my winter scent. actually this perfume is responsible for my recent perfume craze.
The siliage is pretty strong, so for a lighter day/spring appropriate scent, I'll lotion up with unscented lotion then dab a light layer of this all over esp on hands n neck. Also layers well with halle halle berry.

I think this scent is too popular to discontinue. It's probably a marketing ploy, n will probably be back in winter.

goofycaramel
goofycaramel

Warm fruity and very sweet amber. I am not a fan, but I might be biased because the perfume I ordered through the mail spilled in the packaging, and when I opened it, a strong sensual amber scent filled my room for more than a day. It's nice, but a little too sweet and cloying.

hanson26
hanson26

Mmmmm, this is yummy. I often see this get compared to Flowerbomb, and there is definitely a connection, but it's not a dupe. A better comparison for this would be La Vie Est Belle. I like it better than both. Flowerbomb is sweet, but very floral sweet. I prefer the gourmand feel that this has. As for LVEB, I simply think this one is better. They're really similar, but this is lighter, airier, and interestingly enough, more complex smelling. LVEB has a cloying quality to it, but not Sensual Amber! It's super sweet, but it's never too much for me. It brings me back to my middle school years, all the girls used to wear this and looking back, it was a pretty sophisticated choice. I'm glad I was constantly smelling this delicious perfume, rather than some cotton candy body spray. I'm generally not a big fan of Bath and Body Works. I find most of their perfumes generic and synthetic smelling, but this one is a stand out! And although sugary sweet perfumes are really popular now, if you consider when this was released (don't know the year, but since I was in middle school, early-mid 2000s?) it's actually pretty original. Sillage and longevity don't blow me away, but it's very solid for the price. You wouldn't want killer sillage on a really sweet perfume like this anyway. Longevity for me is about 4-5 hours, which is again, decent given the price.

ebazel
ebazel

Ugh, I am shocked and saddened Sensual Amber has been discontinued. I have many many other fragrances, from high end to not so high end. I think this would fall right in the middle - it's such a lovely scent and was relatively inexpensive, but the staying power was lacking a bit. Anyways, I know people have compared this to Flowerbomb - and yes, I can see some similarities. However, I think this has a bit more depth. It's more syrup-y, richer and a bit more mellow. I don't smell as much patchouli in this. I do detect vanilla and praline, but the fruits (most notably, orange blossom) prevent it from having that sugar cookie/frosting quality. At times, this does smell like Fruit Loops, but it does smooth out to be a yummy, warm and lovely scent. I hope they bring this back!

velvetpeony
velvetpeony

I had really wanted this because I love amber and many of the reviews make it sound wonderful.

Unfortunately, it's exceptionally sweet on me. The amber is absent. In fact, the only notes I get are pralines, sandalwood and vanilla.

So, for me, it's a dislike but I definitely see the resemblance to Flowerbomb (also a dislike, due to sweetness, for me)

aglow
aglow

Cozy scent. After reading the rave reviews, I picked up the mist for $3. Glad I did.

Christina0065
Christina0065

This is one of my absolute favorites from B&BW! It is so warm and sexy! :) Love the amber in this. Amber is one of my favorite notes. I used to wear this daily, but now have so many other fragrances that I wear it on occasion. I am always grabbing it to take a whiff though. It smells so beautiful and sexy on my skin. I can never stop sniffing myself with this one! I get a lot of compliments with this one.
I have the shimmer lotion AND the perfume. Sometimes I will just put some of the lotion on the back of my hand just to smell it! :) It just makes me get this very sexy warm cozy feeling whenever I smell it.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

~*Review for the Eau de Toilette*~

I managed to grab a bottle of this during the semi annual sale right before it was discontinued. As it was one of the better fragrances that was offered by Bath and Body Works.

It starts out surprisingly fresh with a quick burst of bergamont that lasts at the most 30 seconds and then come in the fruits which give off a generic jammy berry vibe, this last for about 30-45 min, before the scent becomes liner. A sweet blend of vanilla, amber, a slight sandalwood and musk undertone. The last two notes I smell help calm down the sweetness of this fragrance. I'm actually surprised I am not picking up on any patchouli in this. My favorite part is the drydown after all the fruity vibes have disappeared.

Overall it is quite a liner fragrance, yet I actually enjoy it a lot compared to the candy sweet fragrances they usually offer. Sensual Amber is a little too sweet for me to wear often, but its something I will not mind wearing when I am in the mood for. It is also an easy one to wear and something that most people can get away with wearing, without it being considered being offensive. Though be careful not to overspray with it, since it is kind of a potent. If you happen to come across this one I suggest grabbing it pretty great for a simple sweet amber scent. ^_^

stargazer423
stargazer423

I used to wear this every day for quite some time and I still use the body wash. I stopped buying it because I used it so much that I just got tired of it. It has a sweet vanillaey-pineish musk.

Cassiopeia99
Cassiopeia99

I don't know if it is just me, but this is very strong on me. I only use this at more formal events like church. The amber and vanilla are quite distinct also musk.

natluvly
natluvly

To me this smells like a mix of Calvin Klein Euphoria combined with Flowerbomb. This has more Amber than the latter. I feel I can't really describe this...its like a clean Amber floral with some slight sweetness but not overly sweet or maybe my skin brings out the deeper spicy notes. Either way it's not too sweet. This scent is just yummy, a little spicy but still bright like citrus which I believe I remember reading there's one in there. This is a warm spicy fun scent. This has a sophistication as well....very nice!

Edit: I just read Euphoria has rose, lotus, & amber so 3 notes in common w/ Sensual Amber. Those must be the similarities I'm smelling :)

sexysniffa

One of the BEST BBW scents in my humble opinion!!!! Perfect for fall and winter and summer nights too!!! I am wearing it right now!

Sexy, warm, slightly spicy, alluring, feminine......I ALWAYS receive compliments on this from men and women.

People always seem shocked when I say that it's Bath and Body. That's right folks ....what is the take home? If a scent is good, it is good period - - no matter what AND that goes for celebrity scents too :)

I have the body butter and the EDT and it lasts for 6 hours or so. I get the amber, vanilla, and praline the most!

Decadently sexy!!!! I will always have this in my collection.

A Must HAVE for the grown, sexy, and confident woman!!!!!

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

Oh how I love this cozy, but sexy and spicy scent. Amber is one of my favorite notes and this is the one that began that love affair. Definitely one of BBW's best. I get all the notes listed blended nicely minus the flowers.

FoundElegance
FoundElegance

The below review is mine; I was accidentally logged out.

Wow, this fragrance was a HUGE disappointment.

I agree with the reviewer's description of "sweet smelling floor wax", but mixed with BOD, like a male reviewer mentioned. This is something I'd like on a man (or an old lady), although my guy smells much better than this.

I had such high hopes for Sensual Amber based on the description, notes, and reviews here and blindly bought it. Well, serves me right because I can't even get my mother to take it from me!

The funny thing is that I've smelled this before and thought it was awful; I had no idea it was Sensual Amber. I was hoping this would be an amazing mixture of amber and vanilla/sweets, but I get NO vanilla or praline from this. Just musk, amber, plum/bad fruit. Granted, the drydown is slightly better than the initial cough-inducing musk, there are a million other perfumes I'd choose before this one. Especially for those with a more "fun" personality or younger folks. If you're thinking of buying this as a sexy and scrumptious fragrance, try before you buy.

MzScents8ional
MzScents8ional

I received Sensual Amber as a gift many years ago and I didn't like it, not at all. In fact I could not understand why anyone would want to smell like that, like a sweet smelling floor wax. Well, years has passed and so has my hate for this fragrance! It is still very sweet but where I used to smell nothing but a loud JAMborie of berries there is a sensual warmth to the amber/vanilla notes that I never noticed before and find to be quite nice. I really like wearing the lotion as it has a warm,creamy, but clean scent on my skin if that makes any sense. When I squeeze the bottle and breathe in the scent, I can pick up an orangey note, which I truly like. I agree that it is a fragrance that you can use to layer with other fragrances. I have paired it with Estee Lauder's Azuree. Since Azuree can be a real beast, if you can get half a spray on after you've sprayed on Sensual Amber, the amber and the vanilla notes take on a darker, smokey, mysterious interest.... Yes, I've learned I truly like Sensual Amber with all of its' warm buttery sweetness, and I've seen where it has been compared to Flowerbomb, which I like as well and there are great similarities between the two. I'm happy to have given Sensual Amber another try!

lucifera

this version is better then the signature collection.
perfect autumn scent!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I love amber fragrances. Although this is not my #1, it definitely can hold a candle to other amber fragrances on the market for its price point. Sensual Amber is a smooth light boozy amber lasting a good four hours. Sillage is surprisingly good. This fragrance is a sexy, sensual scent that's cozy and warm. I get a good mixture of amber, vanilla, praline, patchouli and musk well-mixed together to create a delicious EdT.
I've ventured into Bath and Body Works recently to sample their fragrances. It's been many years since I've walked into one of their stores and I've been pleasantly surprised by the array of fragrances. I found their fragrances hit or miss but as another reviewer has said, sampling to your heart's content is encouraged. Layer a fragrance, wear it for a few hours and decide if it's right for you. That's the beauty of this store. They let you try their products. It's a positive way to sample perfume. I like that. No hassles.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

It smells exctly like Magnetism Escada to me. The only difference is that Sensual Amber doesn't have that disturbing green note. It's very sweet and warm scent.

katoy4
katoy4

I'm in the minority, apparently, but sadly this one doesn't work for me. I only get very sweet and synthetic plum and berries, strong verging on headache inducing. I'm mystified at the 'oriental' classification and can't find any amber or sandalwood in this bucket of jam.

AdrianB
AdrianB

This is what I wear when it's time for hubby & I to get "intimate".

TMI. I know. But the scent drives him wild and I feel sexy and uninhibited wearing it. I'd love to pair it with vintage Aviance Night Musk.

One of the best B&BW fragrances IMO.

cmeeme
cmeeme

This is warm, rich and luscious. For me the scent skips directly into the base notes and settles, for which I am not complaining. I just keep being drawn into the heart of this fragrance, very comforting. I can almost swear that when I wear this, I have a warmer personality, I just want to give someone a hug :-)

camarillo
camarillo

I really want it... :( why this perfume is not already in my country sad :'(

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This is very similar to flowerbomb and flowerbomb extreme as noted by other reviewers however it is definitely the dirtier sister of original flowerbomb with a load of amber and spicy notes in place of the heavy patchouli in Extreme. Spicy vanilla which is smooth and non-foody. Very nice to wear as a casual fragrance and cheap but not quite me - still a bit sweet but flowerbomb fans will love this so grab a bottle!

HopeFloats72
HopeFloats72

Back when I got a real job, and the girls I worked with were always vying to see who could come to work smelling the most delicious, I bought Sensual Amber. I fell in love with the scent in the store, and when I wore it in the next day I was crowned "Yummy Girl" for the day. I worked with a bunch of men and they LOVED this frag on me. I hated telling people what the name of this was, because it sounds like the name of a stripper (LOL!) but I love, love, love this frag and it's in my top 10 favorites I've ever had. I will say that since that time, my nose has matured and though I still like this scent, I want a little more complexity to my frags (this is almost a caramel candy coated with vanilla and brandy sort of scent-kinda one notish, if you will) and want more layers of fragrance with what I wear now, however I credit this frag for my love of all things amber and boozy. This frag was a major turn-on for the man I was dating at the time, and it does get raves from most men who catch a whiff of it. I'd wear it again, but probably layer with a spritz of EL Youth Dew Soft, just to complicate it and make it a bit more mysterious and "deep". I give it an 8/10 all around, though.

fawnydawny
fawnydawny

I have this in the body cream and it is definitely creamy and luscious. The amber definitely hits you full force but in the best possible way.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I bought this today, as my first ever BBW fragrance. I'd always avoided them, because I figured they all smelled the same...Several years ago, their scents were always beautiful, simple, mature, and linear...but then they started deviating from the linear florals and aromatics with the fruity, candy stuff like the Paris scent, Pink Chiffon, Country Chic, etc...And I dropped off the Bath and Body Works train..

But I walked in there today just to sniff around,and I found this and HAD to have it. I bought it was the fragrance mist and the body cream. It's easily one of the best things I've ever smelled in my mall.

I've never owned a dominant amber until this fragrance, because my skin turns it into a gross honey-bun sort of smell...but luckily, my skin has a knack for RADIATING patchouli, so on me, this is a nice simple mixture of amber and patchouli!

I'm not getting any vanilla, but I'm definitely detecting a lot of plum. Plum and patchouli is a wonderful mixture, in my opinion, and I wear it a lot with one of Rihanna's fragrance.

I'm very pleased with this sexy, delicious offering from Bath and Body Works! I definitely detect a clear similarity with Flowerbomb, but to me, it's more like a BETTER version of Flowerbomb, in the sense that it has sensuous fruits to back it up and make it more than a simple oriental patchouli fragrance. It lasts longer on me than Flowerbomb, too! :)

Pinksugarplum03
Pinksugarplum03

If you like True Religion Love Hope Denim but cannot get your hands on it, get seunsual amber by bath and body works and layer it with Victoria's secret Coconut Passion. when these two are layered together it makes the sensual amber smell a little more sweeter like how love hope denim does!

Cherub573
Cherub573

I really liked this scent in the room diffuser, so I purchased the lotion and fragrance spray. It is a vanilla, fruity, candied "amber"- not very dark or powdery as other amber fragrances I've smelled. I believe it's a bit overwhelming in warmer temperatures, so I prefer to wear it in cool weather, and in my opinion it smells best after it has faded.

My experience has been that this fragrance attracts attention from men. I was told I smell "like chocolate", and my dance instructor interrupted the class to tell everyone he thought I smelled "amazing."

Amber, vanilla, sandalwood, all mingling to provide the warmest of sweet scents. What's not to love? Amber is, of course, the most prominent. I smell no flowers, nothing sharp or fresh. This is a great cold weather scent, full of sweetness and comfort.

jaelyss
jaelyss

On me, the vanilla settles down very quickly and I smell mostly of vanilla until after a few hours, the amber and the sandalwood appear at which point it smells delicious and very nice. I don't like how sweet it is on me for most of the day, but the end result is good. It lasts awhile too. Definitely think this is one of the better BBW scents.

Airiasthya
Airiasthya

My ex bf bought this for me years ago. The scent is.... Meh. I don't love it but I don't hate it. But he loved it. Threw this out before the bottle's empty. I heard this is a dupe to victor & rolf flowerbomb? How come I like flowerbomb but I dislike this perfume? Hmm maybe I'll give this perfume another shot.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

A strong, sweeet scent with notes of vanilla, sandalwood, amber, and spice. I don't wear it all the time because it is somewhat strong for every day wear. I do get compliments though, every time I wear it.

redfive
redfive

Cloying, vanilla with musty/bitter undertones. The ingredients seem to be standard BBW...cheap. I have a friend who sprayed this all over her home and car (she loved the stuff) and it lasts forever. I cannot envision why this is so loved.
I purchased a steamer from my friend and this scent seems to have melded with the plastic and I smell it whenever I use it, and it has been MONTHS.
As a man I cannot understand why a woman would wear this stuff--it reminds me of "BOD" Black body spray. Sorry if I offend anyone, but seriously there are much better smelling things in this world.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

I wear this scent in the lotion form. Sexy, warm but not too sweet. This is a "your skin but better" scent that can be worn alone or layered. On my skin there are no fruits just a soft musky vanilla with a touch of powder....ooh la la!!!

Very sexy! I pair the cream with Flowerbomb and I smell amazing all day. Weird because I hated this scent at first. I'd probably never wear it alone but it pairs pretty well.

hannaheart
hannaheart

For me, this is the perfect vanilla scent. I tried B&BW's warm vanilla sugar and it was way too sweet. I also tried their cashmere glow and it lacked the sweetness I was looking for in a warm vanilla fragrance. This sits just in the middle of the two, but with way more body and without being so linear. Much more sophisticated too.

If I were to describe the three in such a way that they were people, warm vanilla sugar would be a sweet teeny bopper, cashmere glow would be a simple, pretty lady, but without much personality, and this, would be a naturally, effortlessly, sensuous woman.

Love this! :)

rye
rye

On me, the first few minutes are gasoline fumes. Diesel fuel. Then the fuel fumes burn off and I'm left with a warm, sweet, scent which lies very close to the skin. Amber and praline dominate and it remains linear till the end.

Like Vanilla Sugar, this one can be layered with floral scents to provide depth. Nice to have around, especially during the cold months.

stardust808
stardust808

soooooo good! there hasn't been 1 time that i've worn this and not gotten at LEAST 5 compliments on how "beautiful", "good", or "great" i smell =) the first time i wore this my daughter wrapped herself around my arm kissing it and said i "smell like amazingness"! how can i not love a perfume that gets those kind of rave reviews lolz! there's no shame in my game that this is a bath and bodyworks fragrance 'cuz amazingness is amazing, right? <3

dbatiste1
dbatiste1

Is it just me or does this share a lot of similar qualities as DH and DHI?

jeffthebarbarian
jeffthebarbarian

Sensual Amber was my first perfume. I was out with a friend who was trying to find a new perfume, and she tried this one. It didn't smell very good on her at all, but she asked me to try it. It smelled terrific on me!
It smelled kinda like sugar cookies but with a deeper, richer scent underlaying it. I ended up buying the limited edition glass bottle with the jeweled cap and charm. Thirty dollars at that time seemed like a lot of money to me until my friend settled on Euphoria. She let me try Euphoria, but it smelled like plastic on me.
I don't use this fragrance often because sometimes it is overpowering. I only use one spray no matter what, so I don't know why sometimes it is too much and other times is fine.
I've received lots of compliments on this, and it's one of my boyfriend's favorite scents on me.

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

their best scent. sillage is good and longevity is good. sooooo sexy and sensous and rich and mysterious. this is a sexy good time!

lovece7
lovece7

This has NOT been discontinued as someone below stated! It is still being sold by B&BW, EDT and all.

That being said: Soooooo yummy! The scent is so nice, and throughout the day it gets better and better. Don't hesitate to buy this if you like being a man magnet. This stuff turns heads!

arianperfume

It is a nice scent but not remarkable in my opinion. Yes it has almost the same smell as Flowerbomb, but staying power and sillage are quite low on me, I have both versions of it. I am tired of all these flourished reviews, this is way, way overrated. Would not rebuy, nice but that's all.

LisaLovesPerfume

I am heartbroken that B&BW has discontinued this fragrance. If you love this fragrance, stock up on Amazon and Ebay while you still have a chance. The only other fragrances that are similar are Bijan B Exquisite and Yves Rocher So Elixer.

ccj36
ccj36

Warm, cozy, amber. It reminds me Jessica Simpson's Fancy but with less vanilla/caramel. It's really nice worn alone, but I can definitely see where it would be a great scent to layer with other scents.

jreyes366
jreyes366

At the first glimpse of this fragrance, you get the praline right away and after a short period of time you start to smell a very faint licorice. After the dry down settles in, you get this beautiful amber held up with patchouli. It smells amazingly sweet and there's a surprising fresh quality about this fragrance.

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

This stuff is a man magnet for sure!!!

As a matter of fact I was wearing it when I met my fiance. He AND his friend both commented on how good I smelled. The man who became my fiance asked if it was vanilla fields and when told the name his friend said "oh it's sensual alright".....I felt like I was about to be pounced on by lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Be ready for some attention from the opposite sex when you wear this.

I love how warm and sexxxy this scent is. I usually switch to it in the fall and winter. Sometimes I will just use the body cream and then layer a different fragrance on top making my own personal potion.

This really is very strong amber/vanilla combo. I don't notice much else.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I was given the body butter version of this and I must say I did not like it because it was too sweet on my skin. Granted, I never liked sweet scents back then but I have no problem wearing gourmands and coconut-y stuffs. But this one does not seem to settle on my skin and I keep getting that odd licorice note that is not supposed to be there.

However, I made the mistake of combining Shalimar with Vanilla soft musk by avon and I suddenly remembered sensual amber. If I see it again, I will definitely try it just to see if my nose had been too harsh on its initial judgment. Maybe it will grow on me too. I wish.

LisaLovesPerfume

Sensual Amber is the most lovely scent that I have encountered. Amber is, of course, the dominant note mingled with sumptuous plum. If you are looking for a rich fragrance that is appropriate for all occasions, I highly recommend it.

sandyfeet123
sandyfeet123

Beautiful, they blended simplicity, sexiness and innocence! you wouldnt think such a thing was possible but they did it.

Kittenbug
Kittenbug

Eponymous. My husband loves this; he got it for my birthday six years ago. I'm only working on my second body spray since then, but I like to just smell it. I tend to wear this in the winter and/or before bed.

leogirl84
leogirl84

Nice, but a bit too heavy on me. subtly sexy; makes me think of fall.

kay_dee
kay_dee

it's sweet and warm.. very sexy & sensual

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I love this scent. I blew thru the body spray and need to get the actual perfume. It is warm and has a very sexy appeal yet is not too heavy. I hate super heavy scents but this one is just right. I'd wear this one year round because I love it so much but it seems more of a winter scent perhaps. To me this is Bath and Body Works best scent.

nightcat23
nightcat23

This is such a warm sensual fragrance just like the name would suggest. I also detect some smokiness in the scent as well even though it's not listed in the notes. It's definitely unisex and can be shared :)

supermightygal
supermightygal

I love this fragance. Opened with sweet plums, then comes the drydown of a warm amber.. Really love the drydown, it's warm, cozy and yet still makes me feel sexy..

mochaa
mochaa

sexy, sweet and cozy!

Flamenca18
Flamenca18

My favourite scent from bath and body works, though not for everyone. Its sweetness reminds me of my days in middle school. Should be used lightly since it is quite potent.

Aspendina
Aspendina

this is divine, what a wonderful scent. its soft yet stands out in a sexy, cozy, creamy sort of way. I really am enjoying this one.

frosting712
frosting712

A simply sexy scent. Dark and sweet. Love the dry down of amber and musk on my skin. Its a strong powerful perfume yet could be taken as warm and cozy too. I can see how it works both ways with sensual amber. Perfect fall/winter scent. Great sillage even with just the body mist! I use body mist/butter.

Whit
Whit

An old BBW favorite! I bought some of this because they were having their "buy 3 get 3 free" special. I've noticed that a lot of people are comparing it to Flowerbomb. Hmm....well, I do see some similarity with the opening composition, but I think that's where it ends. I have Flowerbomb, and Sensual Amber is a much more earthy, warm fragrance than the latter. Don't get me wrong, I love Flowerbomb; it's very heavenly, but it's much lighter than Sensual Amber.

I'm really glad BBW has never tried to discontinue this scent; it's very sexy. It's probably best for fall/winter, but I think it's good for summer nights as well. I use the shower gel and the lotion and I get wonderful lasting power. If you like earthy, warm scents with sex appeal, give this one a try!

forbiddeneuphoria
forbiddeneuphoria

At first I didn't know that this one was being compared to flowerbomb.when I first sprayed it I said wow this smells like flowerbomb!so, I bought the edt and the body splash and used it for 2 days in a row and decided to check this site what's in it and I was curious what this perfume and which perfumes are similar to this one.I was glad it wasn't just me that I think it smells like flowerbomb. Today, I bought another 3 bottles of edt and 2 body splash!!lol yep! That's how much I love it!!

Minjka
Minjka

Great smell, specialy after bath! I will get it again!

Scarlette
Scarlette

Great value for your money, and is more distinct & sensual than Flowerbomb to me. Warm, sweet, luscious & lovely. I love it! I need the cream, shower gel, and perfume to make it last, but at $25 for 75 ml, I can buy it every month!

I also love first spraying with Sensual Amber, and layering Bios des Iles over top...yummy!

Sensual Amber also smells great layered over 1 drop of Youth Dew bath oil...sweetens it up nicely. Fantastic winter recipe.

reusch210
reusch210

A very well blended woody scent with enough florals and lightness to prevent it from getting syrupy or too dark and musty or dank. The sandalwood amber and patchouli are almost seemless - the vanilla floral aspect of it keeps it feminine and friendly. Would go great with brown leather knee boots - wavy hair and gold hoop earrings. Either a low-cut or turtleneck fitted brown sweater. Good for a cozy candlelit dinner at a small corner place or a candlelit glass of wine at night. Warms you up in brisk windy weather.

Jinxy32906
Jinxy32906

this stuff smells sexy and yummy! plus it lasts forever! smells alot like flowerbomb to be honest. definatly worth it!

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance. It is a very very deep, SENSUAL and intoxicating amber fragrance. This is a very heavy perfume and this is the type of fragrance you want a light hand with.. and I mean LIGHT..one squirt and walk away! Or you will be smelling this for days and feel sick with all the sweetness!

This perfume (and Im surprised no one else has mentioned this) reminds me a ton of the jessica simpson fancy. They are both very similar.. very deep and very sweet except the main obvious differences are BBW has mostly praline and amber while jessica's has more vanilla and caramel and not as much amber.

amber_glow
amber_glow

Finally! I have found a clean amber scent without any distracting notes, this is absolutely the BEST amber fragnance that I ve ever smelled. Since it is too powerful for me, I ve bought the body mist version which is lighter but it is lasting on me too.

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

Sensual Amber belongs to that perfume cathegory, that can be overpowering, at least for me. That weird sugary ambery smell didn´t convinced me.

I mean, I can´t say this is a BAD perfume...because it´s really not! It´s just way too sweet for my taste, which is actually weird because I usually LOVE sweet perfumes..

Lasting power is amazing for such an inexpensive perfume. I like it, but I guess I will never buy a full bottle of this stuff.

BTW Smells EXACTLY like CAN CAN BY PARIS HILTON!

Norgirl
Norgirl

MMM this is realy good on my skin .
It is not far from Flowerbomb extream IMO. But this is a little softer , And guess what.. this sticks t the skin a long long time . i so love the creamy,warm cozyness this brings and makes me feal .. I cant tell so much he notes apart from each other . But the flowers alltogehter blends in so well whit the vanilla, amber, praline feal . This is somthing i have longed for for some time this cosy little treat will stay whit me as a treasure for shure . lovely lovely <3 <3

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Yummy, sweet, sophisticated, powdery goodness! Dries down into a delicious vanilla with moderate sillage. A Flowerbomb knockoff at its finest. Definitely recommend purchasing if you want a quality fragrance at an affordable price.

Raina
Raina

I used to dislike the smell of amber rather immensely, but lately I've started to crave deeper, warmer, darker fragrances. Nothing as solid as Opium or Dune, but something deeper than my normal florals or gourmands for the colder weather.

Sprayed this the other day and found it so perfect, I had to pick up a lotion and test it out further. The first blast is a golden citrus with amber and sweetened with praline. Over time, the citrus fades and this mellows out into a warm amber that maintains its almost gourmand quality with praline and vanilla at its edges.

This is perfect for someone who like sweeter fragrances but craves something more during the colder days.

melia
melia

Okay so Sensual Amber is known to be the dupe of Flowerbomb by Victor and Rolf. Since the first time I sniffed Flowerbomb at the airport maybe 5 years ago, I wanted to have it but I never did because of the pricetag. So this year in february when I went to Florida I decided to purchase Sensual Amber instead as soon as I would see Bath&Bodyworks. I liked it and was satisfied, wore it a few times and then forgot it. This summer, I ran into a great offer on Flowerbomb and immediately bought that one too! Now I have both and I compare, and guess what? I like Sensual Amber more.

They have the same sweet feel and are alike, though Sensual Amber starts out fruitier (a really 'orange' smell) while Flowerbomb somewhat 'dirtier'. As the fragrances settle down on my skin they both turn sweeter, but Sensual Amber has a slightly more creamy touch which I believe is the praline. Flowerbomb seems to have a bit more serious charactre, while Sensual Amber is just flirty and sweet and seems easier to 'digest'. Strange thing is that how longer I wait and sniff, the more Flowerbomb seems to recreate a kind of poo/piss-note on my skin.. While Sensual Amber just smells really nice and sweet and apparently goes great with my chemistry. I'm going to wear this one a lot more for sure now!!

Kharnak
Kharnak

Delicious, simple, sweet, Sexy, Curiously warm and lovey Cozy.
Vanilla, Cinnamon, powdery Amber, Pralines? sure. My mom used to have this and i'd often sneak a few sprays on myself. Likeable by anyone. Priced right, so try it out when you get a chance.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

For me, this BBW scent is quite strong. But when something smells THIS DELICIOUS, I want to smell a lot of it! I have never smelled Flowerbomb, so I can't speak of any similarities there, but Sensual Amber seems to just envelope me in a warm, buttery sweet amber aroma-cloud. Its great on a cold day, especially, or when I am craving caramel cake, haha. It is so smooth and velvety and deliciously sweet.

Mbryan766
Mbryan766

This is one of my favorite fragrances ever. I have the EDT, and it's nearly empty. It's so incredibly warm, sweet, and sensual. I would be so disappointed if this was discontinued because Bath & Body Works tends to do that a lot. If I could only have one fragrance for the colder months, this would be it. I don't wear it when it gets warm out though, because it is rather sweet and too heavy in the heat. I sprayed Flowerbomb on a testing strip the other day and it smelled exactly like Sensual Amber. However, an hour or so later I didn't detect any resemblance to Sensual Amber. It is very cheap also, only about 25 dollars so I don't feel guilty about using it all of the time.

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

It's sweet and nice, not a WOW though. However, for the price, it's a good buy for a change sometimes. I could detect some Bergamot at the beginning, but it disappeared quickly. I don't smell sandalwood note like it stated; sometimes I wear this perfume on top of BBW sandalwood lotion. Good combination on me.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

Body Spray review: This is a really nice non-offensive fragrance. I wore this yesterday because the friend I was spending time with gets headaches from really strong perfumes. I smell mostly the vanilla, pralines and amber in it. Using 6 sprays it lasts about 6 hours. Best for fall and winter. I do want to get the EDT, I'm wondering if I will be able to pick up on more notes.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is an excellent amber for the price. If you want to try this note out and see if it works for you, this is a good one to try. It's a very definitive amber scent but with enough other notes to keep it interesting. The florals don't last long.

sexysniffa

MAN ON MAN....SENSUAL AMBER is the freakin' SHIZNIT and is my Fall/Winter shiznit!!! I stay in love with Summer and heat is my bff! Often times, I find myself feeling deeply saddened and irritated by the colder temperatures BUT...

ONE of the few things that I look forward to as I reach for my Winter coat is the constant and consistent, never-ending ALLURE, WONDERMENT, SEXY-SOPHISTICATION, and SWEET WARMTH of this GLORIOUS fragrance!!!!

I have used it for years and it never fails! It is a luscious, creamy, sweet, warm, cozy, and oh-so-pleasant scent that EVERYONE around me seems to enjoy! I have never received less than 10 compliments wearing this stuff!!

I love the notes in this EDT. The most prominent notes are the amber, vanilla, and praline!! I know there are other notes up in this but I can't really detect those for real....and that is ALRIGHT...it smells deliciously-good and sexy!!

It is perfect for cold weather although I have been known to whip this out on a summer night too! Definitely worth your dollars as it smells GREAT and expensive but it is totally affordable compared to "real" perfumes. In fact, I would say that this perfume is just as good if not better than the expensive stuff because it IS affordable AND smells good AND has good lasting power/sillage. BAM! Way to GET IT BBW!!

It is just pure comfort and sensuality in a bottle. And yes...they keep re-packaging the EDT (cause that design on the bottle looks young and a little too kiddy-like for my taste) but I find that the smell lingers on and on after hours! I own the shower gel, the intense body butter (which is a miracle in and of itself), and the EDT perfume.

SWEET, CREAMY, and SENSUAL pleasure...this scent is worth EVERY penny! Ladies - - give it a try and I promise you will NOT be disappointed :)

Timetoski
Timetoski

Beautiful amber - I don't see any relation to Flowerbomb whatsoever.

tammyk883
tammyk883

I'm thinking Flowerbomb when I smell it...exact same smell but at alot cheaper price.

veggiegirl11
veggiegirl11

This is such a wonderful fragrance. Very warm and comforting, but exotic and sexy. Quite complex. It's strong at first, but the dry down is soft and very vanilla based. The first few seconds after you spray it, it really smells like Swedish Fish candies to me... as strange as that sounds. Perhaps that's the plum and berry notes I'm smelling there? That dissipates right away though, and you're left with warm, but slightly bright vanilla-amber that lasts all day. I love that this is an amber scent that isn't sharp or too musky. It's very feminine and pretty.

This is definitely a fragrance for the fall and winter, because I think this would get to be suffocating in hotter weather.

mlle.sofi
mlle.sofi

I wear the body lotion and shower gel. They blend wonderfully with my regular edp's , Stella by Stella McCartney, YSL Parisienne, and Miss Dior Cherie (2011 version). Really great for the price, such a shame it only comes in EDT and not EDP

poivrerose
poivrerose

Sensual Amber is plum saturated vanilla praline delicacy. Sandalwood and smooth earthy patchouli holding it down. So sweet, but not absolutely edible. Really good juice here. As far as sweet goes, it is full bodied and dimensional - a deeper more -yes- sensual sweetness than what you typically get for this price. It just radiates from the skin developing a lovely aura of scent. Fabulous for fall. I'm not sure I would brave this in the heat. It is extremely heady and powerful. Spray lightly friends!
Perhaps the "amber" in the title refers to the color of this fragrance more than the actual amber note. (if one can actually dig that deep on a B&BW scent - lol) If this scent could produce a color cloud it would definitely be in an ambery hue....

LadyNatalie
LadyNatalie

I love this one, it's my guilty pleasure!! I don't a bottle of this but i love the scent, i have the candle and i haved the bath and body lotion!
This smells sweet, like praline and and yes i find similiraties with flower bomb, and i find flower bomb, delicious!!

hnyc
hnyc

I get no amber from this fragrance! i don't know where it is but not in here! but i do like it, in does actually remind me exactly of flowerbomb, which i have. I wish i hadn't spent the money on the flowerbomb shower gel and lotion to layer with that as i could have done it much cheaper with the lotion with this!

main notes: praline and vanilla.

Rach1
Rach1

This fragrnace came out in 2007..3 yrs before Flowerbomb which smells at lot like this. ugh! that always annoys me. I fell in LOVE when I first smelt this! But then later on, I smelt it in school a lot. Then it became overexposed. I still like it..but no longer obsessed. Good thing I found something better just in time. It's a celeb fragrance.

Dayhomemama
Dayhomemama

My son "Mom, your arm smells like cotton candy and love" ....excellent!

twillocks
twillocks

I love this and to me it is B-exquisite by Bijan exactly and much cheaper LOVE IT

melbritt24

Def on my favs list! It's very peppery in the opening then the black pepper settles some but remains present. Then its perfect amber all the way! I especially love this scent for evenings out or in the fall.

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

I enjoy this a lot. I use it as a base for other perfumes. The vanilla and amber notes are very present and detectable to my nose. I use this mostly in fall and winter but find that it is pleasant for year round use when paired with other fragrances.

melbritt24

My bf's fav from the BBW line...he says it's sexy so I only wear it on special dates just for him!

I do love it also...makes me feels like an Indian princess! I layer with the shower gel and body lotion to get the best longevity!

I also love and own Yves Rocher Voile D'ambre. IMO the YR amber perfume is much sweeter, while the BBW is more astringent and spicy! I like them both...tough to choose!

ChouliGaloria
ChouliGaloria

Today I purchased the current edition of the Sensual Amber EdT at the B&BW semi-annual sale. I've always ignored this fragrance because my "nose" is not into ambery perfumes. Well maybe it's the warmer weather or the waxing moon, but my nose was really diggin this perfume today! I smelled good! It's a little sweet and slightly warm due to all those types of notes, but my nose also detected a slightly soapy accord, just a small one, but maybe that was what my nose needed to smell to make me change my attitued towards this perfume. The EdT is medium to light bodied and does fade, but that is okay for me because like I said, I'm not really an amber fan.
Plus this EdT is really inexpensive and if you have one of those B&BW coupons, you can get a really good deal on any of their perfumes products.
Also, I went shopping in another store after leaving B&BW with Sensual Amber sprayed on me and I was noticing mens heads turning like they were smelling something alluring. Sensual Amber can be a man magnet! Go figure. So for those of you who wear this fragrance..........You smell good!

madhatter1
madhatter1

Now I am gonna have to try the spray or EDT... Ive liked how the sample smelled on me in the past.

arianperfume

I have the first edition of this one and I had the current one before. I think they are different. The classic one as shown in the picture with brown simple bottle and box is way more interesting and longer lasting than the present one sold in BBW shops.I gave away the current edition bottle because it had 0 lasting power on me, opened with an obvious similarity with Flowerboomb and then, just died, I could not smell anything in aprox 1 hour...
I like it, a lot.(1 edition).Of course, there is no amber trace in it:) I don't find the similarity to Flowerbomb. It is a floral fruity for me.

krissycat
krissycat

My fiances favorite perfume on me. I have too many perfumes to count, but if I wear this one, he knows it in a second. He prefers nothing else on me but this. It has got to be one of the best smelling fragrances out there. It is so sweet and delicious, and I hope Bath and Body never discontinues this scent. I save this one for special occasions since it never falls short of a ton of compliments every time I wear this.

lisaleu
lisaleu

As a lover of beautiful bottles, I got a limited edition gift set of this scent and the bottle is beautiful. Round with jeweled cap and cascading charm. My guy best friend says it smells like powdered donuts and makes him hungry. I love this scent, it does smell delicious but the bottle is what made me want it. Unfortunately they don't carry that particular bottle anymore.

michellecoburn
michellecoburn

I love this fragrance, primarily because it is an extremely affordable version of Flowerbomb. It matches perfectly. I have the body spray, shower gel, and lotion of Sensual Amber and I use them so often it has become almost like a signature.. But I could never be that faithful ;)

purfecteaz
purfecteaz

This is perfect scent for the winter. I love the sweet smell and so do the people around me. But the EDT staying power is not that great, on me at least. I dont know why I need to reapply like 4 hours after I put it on. It is a sexy sensual scent especially for what it's worth.

inbloom222
inbloom222

This is a very sexy smell that I primarily wear in the winter. I always get compliments on this fragrance!

brookamimi
brookamimi

This is perfect for cold weather. It's strong and long-lasting enough that others will notice, but not overbearing. It warms me up just smelling it. I use the body butter and so little goes such a long way...I must have had that same tub for a year, and it's still a quarter full and still smells great.

amayachan
amayachan

i bought this based on reviews cos i love my flowerbomb but wanted an alternative that might've been cheaper so i was really looking forward to this smelling the exact same but unfortunately id say i still love flowerbomb more, i'd say this is similar but not the same. flowerbomb is more complex and upon spraying they might be similar but after they both settle, flowerbomb has a completely different smell on my skin which i much prefer.

first spray, it is a very fruity smell but after about 5 minutes, it subsides into a sweet creamy ambery scent, similar to flowerbomb at this stage then base note, it pretty much stays the same from middle to base unlike flowerbomb which has a rose base to my nose..

chuaalba
chuaalba

i was waiting since 4 mounth for this one,and my frien say me only body mist found in the shop,i dont understan what hapeen i want eau toilette,body mist stay 1 hour in the skin.ITS HORRIBLE.

mmizy
mmizy

This is a duplicate of Flowerbomb. Its creamy ,sweet and warm. It can be paired with cocoa butter lotion. I have the body spray and wear it in the summer when flowerbomb is too overbearing.

Solvita
Solvita

wow!!!!!!I'm just in love...so sweet,very similar to Flowerbomb...

luxlover
luxlover

Lovely night time scent for me. The Sensual name really describes it.

daisyann
daisyann

Surprisingly good for something at a considerably lower price! It is rich and creamy and smells like the drydown of more expensive perfumes once you've given it enough time to dry on your skin after spraying. You can say Sensual Amber is my new cheap thrill!

SENSUAL AMBER is, to my nose, a linear vanilla amber musk scent with marked sweetness imparted by a detectable praline note and some plum.

This is a perfectly adequate everyday vanilla amber, although there is a somewhat synthetic edge to the composition, which may explain why some reviewers don't seem to find any amber here. This is not a profound perfume creation, by any stretch of the imagination, but for BBW, it's pretty nice, I'd say.

I prefer the body cream to the fragrance and use it mainly at night, not for day, since it sometimes seems too sweet.

scentedkub
scentedkub

This is one of my fave BBW scents, the body cream pairs well with a lot of the colognes I wear, and it smells good on its own.

falovalo
falovalo

Creamy, smooth praline and amber. It's warm and inviting, perfect for a sweater, snow and someone to cuddle up to.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

LOVE IT!It smells a lot like flowerbomb by victor&rolf(which is one of my favourites)almost identical.I dont get it as a amber scent but anyway its great!

lucifera

i LOVE it, it's sexy warm and pretty very suiteable for colder days
also quite longlasting for a EDT!
im very impressed by this brand, two thumbs up for B&B works!

flem
flem

I can't really smell amber in this, as another has said. I can't explain that. Maybe my nose is just looking over the smell they were going for.

However, I do like this. It's warm and slightly exotic. It's a little overused near me, but it's still worth buying for my girlfriend so I can smell it on her.

arladanielle
arladanielle

My 13 yr old son loves the scent and he wears it! It lasts long and smells very elegant on him.
On me,it feels warm and sexy.

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

This is a dish of baked plums, fresh from the oven and slowly drizzled with a little butterscotch sauce. The heat brings the vanilla pods to life - a very gourmand perfume and not really an amber, in my book, at all. Far more plum and ripe fruity buttery-ness than any true amber aficionado would appreciate sullying their beloved notes (and I class myself as an amber aficionado, but I DO really like this, though could get bored with it quite easily if I wore it more than once a month, I think).

Not particularly complicated, yet pleasingly familiar and easy to wear with an okay longevity and just as suitable, say, for a sultry summer's evening as the depths of winter - this is another example of Bath & Body Works really very high standards in creating extremely reasonably priced perfumes. If only they hadn't closed all their shops in the UK.

Just forget the amber in the name altogether, as really and truly they forgot to put the amber in the perfume!

Zaleska
Zaleska

Who likes Sensual Amber will also like Vanille from Roger & Gallet. I think so.

ca.comMiss_Binky
ca.comMiss_Binky

Good reproduction of the lotion scent-some companies vary so much between formulations. Nice rich buttery amber scent-almost desserty but the richness saves it and keeps it a little more sophisto-alas tho, not so long lasting!

MandaBee
MandaBee

One day in a giant lecture hall, I sat beside a girl who was wearing the most beautiful and fascinating scent I'd ever encountered. I'm usually very shy about these things, but at the end of class, I had to ask her what she was wearing. I went out and bought Sensual Amber the next day and have been wearing it every day for the past year.

Savanimal
Savanimal

This is hands down my favorite fragrance, and my boyfriend loves it too. He can't stop smelling me when I wear it. I would definitely reccomend this fragrance.

pussycat doll
pussycat doll

Me encanta , es tan delicioso y sexy .
Este perfume es especial para usarse en una cita ,es el clasico aroma calido y ambar que encanta a los hombres!!

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

I love this scent. I have the hand soap and the scent lingers after washing your hands. I def. recommend this one.

tanya3family
tanya3family

It may be fir her but this is what I love for my husband to wear. On him it smells warm and masculine :)

Marianne
Marianne

L'Occitane Amber also smells like your description.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

It is what it is... sensual amber. It's sexy, smooth, sweet and warm amber, and it isn't the dark, heavy, smoky amber. I don't really get any other notes besides the base notes, which are musky vanilla, amber, patchouli, and praline. I get few florals. It's perfect!

Sensual Amber by Bath and Body Works 4.14 out of 5 based on 676 ratings and 137 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sensual Amber by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sensual Amber by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.