Designers » B » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Vanilla Noir Bath and Body Works for women

Vanilla Noir Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

cinnamon
Vanilla Noir Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Vanilla Noir Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Vanilla Noir Bath and Body Works for women Pictures Vanilla Noir Bath and Body Works for women Pictures

Perfumers used their art to transform Madagascar vanilla into a pure glamorous perfume made of dark vanilla beans, black plum, bergamot and dark, seductive musk. Its flacon is available as 75ml edt along with accompanying body care products.

Top notes introduce black plum, exotic dark berries and bergamot which tingles your imagination. A heart blossoms with silky gardenia, carnation, vanilla-orchid and tuberose while base notes incorporate vanilla beans, vanilla extract, toffee, cinnamon sticks, cashmeran, sandalwood and sensual musk. Vanilla Noir was launched in 2008.

Bergamot Black Currant Plum

Carnation Gardenia Tuberose Orchid

Musk Sandalwood Cinnamon Vanille Toffee

Vanilla Noir Fragrance Reviews

Scentasticme
Scentasticme

This is one of the best vanilla fragrances ever made. Smells very high end. Lasts all day. Why did BBW discontinue this gem ? I get so many compliments when I wear this. It's so sexy and comforting . PLEASE bring this back !!!!

antfarm
antfarm

Lotion and body spray: I had high hopes for this, as it gets rave reviews. Unfortunately, it nearly disappears on my skin as soon as it dries, and leaves behind a synthetic plastic aroma. In the wet stage, the body spray smells like cherry cough syrup. The body cream smells like cigar paper.

theperfumedveil
theperfumedveil

Just wanted to let lovers of this know there is a partial big bottle on ebay right now for $35.

Iciinferno
Iciinferno

This is perfume's name is dead on. It is definitely a cold weather scent and it is NOT a "Girlie Girl" Scent. This is the type of vanilla that you wear when you are standing there in your stilettos, a glass of bourbon next to you, smoking a cigar, waiting to take your next pool shot, knowing you are going to let him win, but that he is going to have to work for it. This is a sexy bad girl vanilla that is just masculine enough to give it that wearing his shirt sort of feel. Not for the faint of heart.

dlci
dlci

This is one of my favorite Bath and Body scents, it doesnt smell like the usual safe generic BBW scent. It smells like a designer frag and very well blended. This is not a sweet vanilla but a warm, peppery vanilla with a dash of cinnamon, i do not smell any floral notes. I feel this is very aptly named, theres something about it that make me want to keep sniffing myself when i have it on. Its a very comforting scent for me, i use it mainly at home for myself. I love to spray this on my pillowcase when its cold and raining.

I have the EDT and lasting power is not bad, maybe 4-6 hrs on my clothes. Its a shame this had been discontinued, i still have one last bottle of EDT left that im using sparingly to make it last.

Christina0065
Christina0065

I still have a bottle of this. I Love it! I layer it with sensual amber sometimes and it makes them both even better, more warm and sexy if you can believe it!! I get loads of compliments from this and sensual amber!!

NoireFox
NoireFox

Vanilla Noir starts out with a blast of smokey, cinnamon plum. As it dries down on the skin, the spiciness softens into a cedary, vanilla toffee. There is also something in the mix that smells a bit like Big Red gum (gosh, remember that stuff, oh the nostalgic pangs). As the name implies, this is decidedly gourmand, however, unlike much of the saccharine flotsam from the Bath & Body Works company, this one won't put passerby into diabetic comas. And, there is enough of a dark edge to it that a man can easily pull it off. Yes, it is sweet, but not syrupy-sweet. This is more of a warm, rich, woody sweetness.
If you love a dark, spicy vanilla that doesn't smell like marshmallow, this one is a must-have (if you can find it). The name really does fit it perfectly.

GhostLover
GhostLover

I believe that BBW discontinues things, like all other retailers, because they are wanting for buyers to make mistakes in their purchases, thus forcing us to buy more and more until we are satisfied. When they see that sales are spiking and a cultish love of something begins, they'll discontinue that item and start the cycle over again.

Soooo, that said, I love Vanilla Noir and found a nearly full bottle of the body mist of mine tucked away at a friend's house when I had been staying there a while back. It is 3-4 years old but it was stored in a cool, dry place and smells better than ever.

The reviewers who have already stated that it's a mature vanilla were right on the money. It's one of the only vanillas I truly love and it was kismet that I found it just in time for autumn. I'll be wearing this until February, easily, then, perhaps it will all be gone and I'll go on my search again. Only not at BBW.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

reminds me of Thanksgiving or Christmas just like spice cookies or pumpkins.. it smells like one of those holiday scented Airwick plug it ins...this would be amazing in the winter

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

This might be the only vanilla from Bath and Body Works that I can tolerate. I tried Fresh Vanilla, Warm Vanilla Sugar, Rice Flower and Shea, etc but they are all too sweet for me. This one is actually nice---creamy, slightly camphorous vanilla with some chocolate. It actually reminds me of Mariah Carey M without the incense and patch, the toffee being the replacement for marshmallows.

I hated it at first because it was a bit overwhelming on first spray then after several tries I realized that it is actually very nice. It does not smell artificial. It smells like an adult vanilla. The body mist is okay enough for me and find that it lasts for hours. It's a good start-up for those who are starting to discover gourmands.

i want this vanilla..how can i get it? any shipping for indonesia???wishing# i tried warm vanilla sugar..and now i want to try this Vanilla Noir...

Prettysweetz

This is one of the very few "perfumes" that has wowed me! I'm sad This has been discontinued and I can't understand why. I heard there are duplicates, so as soon as I finish my beloved bottle of edt I will try them and I hope they will smell like it because I have not found a vanilla like this.

This last pretty long for a BBW product and is stronger than a lot of their other scents too.

I love this scent...If anyone knows of a vanilla like this let me know as this gem has been discontinued! Why does BBW do that anyway!!?? They seem to discontinue most of the mature and beautiful scents :(

Prettysweetz

Vanilla Noir is not a sweet vanilla, is not a "I smell like I'm good enough to eat" vanilla! Is not a simple/basic nor young vanilla. Is a sophisticated, grown up, mature, dark, mistirious vanilla. Smells woodsy/woody, tobacco like but beautiful! This is a fall..better yet winter scent...but it can also be worn at night at any season!!!!

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

This was my signature scent for a few years. I have a few bottles left, and still wear it from time to time. To me it smells like a mature vanilla with elements of a nice, good quality tobacco. It's got a comforting, yet mysterious nostalgia to it that I absolutely adore. I layer it with the matching body spray, or sometimes with VS Vanilla Lace to give it a sweeter, more romantic feel. I was very, very sad when Bath and Body Works discontinued this one.

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

This is a grown up vanilla...not as sweet or food-like as the other vanilla scents out there.

I get kind of a peppery smell off it, like this sugar cookie recipe I have that takes black pepper (peppersass?).

It's a warm and sexy scent, perfect for fall/winter date nights. I love slathering the lotion on after a hot shower and then crawling into bed so that my sheets smell of it for days...

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

i LOVE this! This is very sweet, yummy, but still smells like a perfume. I immediately smell the vanilla in the first spritz, but then it becomes a beautiful floral scent. I smell the tuberose, gardenia & that combination with vanilla is PERFECT to me! I will definitely purchase a backup bottle soon!

10/10 :)

Willow92
Willow92

Ugh, all I smell is vanilla and musk. It just gets up my nose and won't go away for ages. Trying to swap my bottle.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have a cruelty free imitation oil of this perfume,and I have never smelled the original.

I love the imitation!

I do want to say that this really is in no way a "noir" or dark scent to my nose. I find "darkness" in resins,deep,spicy herbs,etc.Not in plums and toffee candy hehe. :)

But these things are all about one's perception. This perfume is very sweet and gourmand in my heart. It is like candied skin when worn. There is sweet,airy vanilla,strongly scented/freshly baked creamy toffee,plum candies,a dash of cinnamon,warm,gorgeous,and mouth watering. I am wearing this in the spring day heat,and it warms so nicely,makes me smile. :)

There is a tender touch of woods in here too. It holds the composition together with invisible strings.

woolseywoo
woolseywoo

I just got my Ebay order of Vanilla Noir. I had never tried it before but now I'm wondering.. WHY WAS THIS EVER DISCONTINUED?! I thought it would be like Vanilla Bean Noel but it's completely different! The vanilla, toffee, plum, and cinnamon work incredibly well together. Not too sweet but intensely sexy. CRAZY HAPPY! :D:D

Is there anything else out there like this? Any reccomendations?

PinupFemme
PinupFemme

Personally I resisted chemical perfumes, prefering to blend my own oils because nothing matched my "unconventional personality" lol Who would have known that an extremely affordable perfume by BBW (of all places) would convert me!
The name is perfect for this scent, although it would be amazing if the bottle was Art Deco-esque to match the name and personality of the smell. Its a sophisticated sensual vanilla (as apposed to their 'warm vanilla sugar' which is yummy but its much more youthful/cute than Noir). The notes blend perfectly while allowing the darker sexier vanilla to be the star (this seems to be a rare quality = although [some] multidimensional perfumes smell good, they often remind me of willy wonka's gum that was an 'entire meal in one stick' but backfired horribly in the end lol). Sometimes its nice to have a smell be true to itself from beginning to end, and this is that perfume.
This smells expensive, lasts all day, is definitely noticeable but is never over powering and gets lots of compliments.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

This is the most sophisticated out of all the BBW Vanillas. Smells high end, I cannot believe this has been discontinued. Thankfully I have back up bottles of the EDT and Body Mist. Vanilla Noir is the perfect cold weather scent and the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. This dark vanilla is not as foody and cloying as Vanilla Bean Noel and is definitely more grown up than Warm Vanilla Sugar.

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

if only this fragrance had been made without the gardenia, carnation, and tuberose it might have been the most amazing scent ever. but it wasn't, and it isn't.

lavender sage
lavender sage

I'm still mourning over the discontinuation of this scent. Loved it.

kassinator
kassinator

I actually never owned the perfume, but the lotion in this line was by far my favorite vanilla scent. I know some people find vanilla to be boring, but I still love it. This vanilla was complex and deep and I almost cried when I finally threw out my empty bottle. Their newest autumn vanilla doesn't compare to this one. I like vanilla bean noel, but seriously, this was the best. Maybe I should check and see if anyone has some up on ebay.

BlueMoonRose
BlueMoonRose

This is one of my favorite B and BW scents along with Cozy Autumn Vanilla and Warm Vanilla Sugar ... I was bummed out that they discontinued it as well. If it helps to email them I'll do it ...

Whit
Whit

What can I say, I'm a total sucker for vanilla scents. Warm, comforting, sexy and a little mysterious all at the same time. Nice!

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

This is very nice. It's been kind of my go to fragrance when I don't know what to wear. I have the body spray and it is not too strong. It starts out with a hint of plum and then I notice the vanilla and toffee. Had they not discontinued this I may have bought an EDT.

Wild Song
Wild Song

I'm a guy and Honestly,I love vanilla scents, in fact it makes me turn my head and look for that person.

I just don't know why.

I have to say that this Vanilla Noir is also good for men. My aunt gave this to me and to my surprise it did not smell so girly.

I do use perfume of women with Vanilla as it attracts women, (sometimes men LOL.)

I have to admit, the scent of Vanilla catches most attention, and the scent of cinnamon complements the vanilla and makes this sexy and seductive.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

This is a rich and sensual vanilla, a dark vanilla, definiely not for the faint heart.
I love it during winter time. In summer time it's a headache inducing scent to me.

saramariah
saramariah

Absolutely gorgeous and yummy but not in an overly sweet way, it is a dark and smokey vanilla that feels a bit mysterious, and it lasts and lasts and laasts,, I put some on my arm friday night and didnt wash that spot to see how long it would stay and it is still there today Monday morning!

guest_Goldiechick
guest_Goldiechick

Sorry, but please forgive me for my positive review of Vanilla Noir. I was either intoxicated or I just had a good day that day. The truth of the matter is that I really cannot take to the "sexys" at Bath and Body Works, and they are really strong and gagging, including Vanilla Noir. It is really a rarity at Bath and Body Works. Luckily, if I can't get Warm Vanilla Sugar due to its immense popularity, I found some tropical "freshes" that make me feel like I'm in Florida. I'll write about them.

Merri
Merri

I don't have this one but my mom wears it alot and it smells amazing on her. It smells like a warm vanilla musk, I smell a little amber but I don't see it in the notes? The lotion is really nice too.

goldiechick
goldiechick

What I like best about Vanilla Noir is that it smells like the classic perfume of Shalimar. If you want to get a good feel of Shalimar without paying so much money, then Vanilla Noir is your bet. Right now, I'm enjoying Warm Vanilla Sugar, the most popular "cuddly" perfume. That is a great everyday perfume, but for those special times, I may want to use Vanilla Noir. It is somewhat stronger than Warm Vanilla Sugar, but not nearly as overpowering as most of the "sexys" at B&BW, like let's say Japanese Cherry Blossom, the most popular "sexy" perfume there, and Black Amethyst. Use that word "sensual," and it sure describes it.

ravynkat
ravynkat

i took a chance buying this on ebay in a (spray) powder form. it is a sophisticated adult vanilla that is very deep. it does last as a powder and has this great overall, subtle shimmer. i do also get strong bottom note of cocoa which probably comes from the mix of tuberose, toffee, and cinnamon. good stuff!

ilyn1208
ilyn1208

My #1 fave fragrace in BBW! i would buy a dozen if it's out in the store,,too bad u can buy them online,,but it's ok,,bec. if they will sell it in store a lot of people would purchase this,,and i don't want to smell like everyone else,,i want a perfume that is rare,,

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

This is a grown-up vanilla. Not your teeny bopper headache-enducing vanilla. The plum is bright to start, but then disappears. Don't know about anyone else, but I get coconut in the background from beginning to end. Also cinnamon.

It's a sexy vanilla. A good catch if you can find it!

guest_ralo
guest_ralo

Everyone needs to email Bath and Body Works and let them know so that they will bring the perfume back. When they get enough emails about it they usually bring it back. if its important to you then take the time and send the email. i have, but need others to do it too.

jenjenrn1217
jenjenrn1217

I am seriously so depressed about this being discontinued....I love this!! Very good for a cool weather date!

arg1971
arg1971

Im so dissapointed that BBW discontinued this perfume this was one of my favs this is not a ordinary Vanilla this has more of a sophisticated twist to this kind of high end in my opinion thank God before it was discontinued I stocked up on the bottles they were on sale.

Ditsh
Ditsh

I ordered this Vanilla Noir EDT from the internet and it has just arrived today. I expected a wonderful vanilla scent base on its great reviews here, I tried it and kinda disappointed. Well actually it's not bad, but it's just so ordinary. The kind of vanilla you can smell in car perfumes, air fresheners, or some colognes in the supermarket. It's not anything special to me. I think it deserves the price, so i didn't regret it anyway.

Edit:

- It actually gets better after few hours. It turns into a very warm scent on my skin.

- All of my friends comment everytime i wear this perfume, they say it smells so sexy and even call it aphrodisiac! OMG, really?

guest_JJ
guest_JJ

I was never interedted in vanilla scent. I was more of a COCO or Jadore girl until I heard something about men's subconscious finds vanilla scent seductive. I just wanted to see if it's even close to being true, so I started looking for some kind of vanilla scent. I decided to go with Vanilla Noir from Bath & body works. Oh boy is what I can say. It works like wonder. Pretty much 9 of of 10 compliments I got were from men. My ex boyfriend who didn't like any kinds of perfule, loved this scent. I security guart at work stopped me to ask what it is so that he could buy for his wife! A date last weekend told me it smells really nice. Yeah, if you want something men will like, it's this one.

Malibu
Malibu

I was surprised by VANILLA -NOIR in a good way. I was expecting a nice, girlie, sweet fragrance, but instead I found an incredibly well-blended fragrance, that is quite 'dark' and seductive.

VANILLA NOIR opens with juicy plum notes, which is kept as only a slight hint of sweetness as it's combined with rather tart berry notes. The spicy notes of cinnamon rises up quickly, and is enhanced by the carnation. I'm not sure how best to describe it; it's just so deep and sexy. I can't get enough of this combination.
The vanilla notes follow hot on the heels of the cinnamon, but it's strictly here as a support act. By combining the light fruits and vanilla with the spice we get a warm, comforting sweetness, with a slightly masculine sharpness, preventing the sweet notes from becoming sickly.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

very comfy warm vanilla, somehow dark and sensual. as it is a unisex scent it suits also to my husband very good as it stays very close to the skin. i like it indeed but it s not that intriguing for me, that i would wear it for a night out, also does not last that long unfortunately. it s a cosy scent to wear at home in winter to feel good.

Carnelian
Carnelian

I love vanilla-based scents, and have many, but seem to come back to this one regularly, it's my cold weather stand-by. I get many compliments on this - and I like it, too! Very sweet, rich smelling, well-balanced, and very long-lasting. I don't get too much of the florals (the orchid, some.) Definitely more "grown-up" and not candy smelling, much deeper than BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar, which was a fave in my teens-early 20's. I got burned out on that one and was really happy to have another to choose from. Quite decent for the price.

nefema
nefema

I ansiously waiting for mine . I have the lotion and adore the smell , I was just wondering if it's longlasting ..I've read the other posts and I am happy now..it is !!
It's comfortable and warm .

luxlover
luxlover

I sniffed the vanilla noir cream in a store and I swore to myself that I'll get the fragrance itself. It's heavenly vanilla smell to me. I can't wait for my online order to arrive!

BBW's VANILLA NOIR is a case of truth in advertising, as this is fundamentally a cooked-vanilla fragrance. Yes, there is a modicum of spice in its core, but VANILLA NOIR primarily evokes memories of my time working in an organic chemistry lab. One of the stains that we used to develop thin layer chromatography (TLC) plates was vanilla. The plate would be dipped in a vanilla solution and then placed on a hot plate, which caused the vanilla to bubble and evaporate, filling the entire lab with the scrumptious scent of cooked vanilla. A welcome development, indeed, since many of the other liquids that we used smelled quite revolting.

VANILLA NOIR is not a subtle scent. Nor does it have anything very profound to say. Just cooked vanilla. If you like vanilla, you'll like VANILLA NOIR. If not, I suppose that you would steer clear of a fragrance with such a name, so my warning would be for naught!

Update: having now reviewed WARM VANILLA SUGAR, I decided to compare VANILLA NOIR side by side and found the latter much more complex, with relatively strong notes of both cinnamon and tuberose.

guest_eh
guest_eh

i thought i was going to buy warm vanilla sugar until i tried this on my other wrist...thank god. this one smells so much better than warm vanilla sugar. this is probably the heaviest and darkest scent that i own. it smells like something my mom or a sophisticated older woman would wear...but not "old lady." i like to wear it at night time. if you think you like warm vanilla sugar, you should try this one!

sushijunkie
sushijunkie

I expected this to be a really dark, heavy oriental, instead I got a "relatively dark" vanilla with burnt caramel and somewhat even dark chocolate and musk on the drydown... And I like it. I like it very much. I love using it during cool weather and at night. Doesn't smell like something from Bath and Body Works (ie...fruits all the way) in the recent years. I like how they are leaning or trying to veer towards a more sophisiticated and mature "audience". 5 thumbs up from initial spritz, beautiful evolution into its middle notes and warm and cozy drydown! Yum!

c_donna
c_donna

This is totally a "sheep in wolf's clothing". With all the accompanying imagery, e.g. noir, I was expecting a dark and sinister vanilla. But, nope, it doesn't stray far from BBW's aim: pleasant fragrances that appeal to the masses and do not offend. Oh well, it didn't mesh with my taste, but, it is a good fragrance if you enjoy a slightly more refined and nuanced vanilla that has a nice (almost root-beer) opening and quickly settles into a cozy skin scent.

britfly
britfly

This is a very unisex scent. I hesitated to try this at first, but I gave in and really like it. It smells very appropriate for fall and almost has a spicyness to it.

guest_honey1
guest_honey1

Ok! I had to go back and try the Vanilla Noir one more time! I mixed it with Sensual Amber and it smells good.I layered the body products from the amber and then sprayed on the vanilla over top.The scent lasts a little longer this way for me.

honey1
honey1

I tried this and i returned it for sensual amber instead. I REALLY drenched myself with the tester and later i just couldn't smell it! Very light. The name is deceiving.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Very good vanilla smell,it gets better after a while..a must for all vanilla lovers!

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Vanilla Noir is a nice scent and very different compared to the other Bath & Body line. It's much more refined than their Warm Vanilla Sugar. It's not as sweet of a vanilla as the latter, but lovely nontheless. It's tender and mild but thanks to the beautiful floral notes there's an elegant decadence oozing out of this composition. The cinnamon adds depth and a rich sensuality to it. The fruits are not too noticeable on my skin. I think bergamot in anything adds a crispness that pulls it all together. You might have to reapply a few times though...but other than that, this is not a bad fragrance.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

My favorite scent from BBW of all time. If they ever get rid of it, I don't know what I'd do... There was a place for it in their line, and it was much needed. It's warm, and delicious while being floral. The white florals mix well with vanilla, cinnamon and toffee. It's comforting and I just love it. I wear this a lot. Update: This company depresses people because they are always discontinuing their best scents! Vanilla Noir came around when the company was changing direction, and now once again the company is lost in fruity florals. Over the last year they have shot out one scent after another ,and they are almost a carbon copy of each other. A few are even blatant copies of past scents. It's rather annoying. I guess they are going back to the little girl image. I'm in my 20's, and I don't want to be mistaken for a teenager because of a BBW scent.

justine_gayle
justine_gayle

Vanilla Noir exudes an air of elegance with its sweetness and comforting scent. Even if it's warm and sexy, it can still be worn during the day because of its sweet hint. It smells like marshmallow coated with chocolate. It's simple and all of its notes blend together perfectly. But the two outstanding notes are vanilla and cinnamon.

I just love the sweetness of it.

guest_EduardaQ
guest_EduardaQ

I think this is truly the most beautiful scent I've ever encountered at BBW. It's seriously sexy and sweet at the same time. The notes work together harmoniously. It really indulges on a night in. :)

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

As a die-hard vanilla fan, I have to say this is my favorite vanilla fragrance yet! It's warm, comforting, deep, and very sexy. The vanilla is very noticeable and pretty, but there are also dark cinnamon tones to it that I love. It lasts so long too, which is great.

FairyDust
FairyDust

I love this! It reminds me of Roma by Laura Biagiotti. Very woodsy and sensual.

Vanilla Noir by Bath and Body Works 4.04 out of 5 based on 209 ratings and 60 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Vanilla Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Vanilla Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanilla Noir by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanilla Noir by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.