Designers » B » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Velvet Sugar Bath and Body Works for women

Velvet Sugar Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

Velvet Sugar by Bath and Body Works is a Floral Fruity Gourmand fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Velvet Sugar was launched in 2013. Top notes are wild strawberry, nectarine, pear blossom and apple; middle notes are pink jasmine, yellow plum, honeysuckle, freesia, whipped cream, whiskey and coffee; base notes are amber, vanilla, tolu balsam, caramel, sugar and musk.

Wild Strawberry Nectarine Pear Blossom Apple

Pink Jasmine Yellow Plum Honeysuckle Freesia Whipped cream Whiskey Coffee

Amber Vanilla Tolu Balsam Caramel Sugar Musk

Velvet Sugar Fragrance Reviews

Elizete Araujo Moura
Elizete Araujo Moura

Sou mais apaixonada pelos perfumes masculinos; porém este dulcíssimo, deixou-me encantada; moderadamente é sua silagem, duração pouca; o que fica depois de algum tempo, é o perfume do chantilly, apaixonante!! Usaria mais vezes, o último frasco que obtive derramou todo seu conteudo(criança arteira)!!

Alysha
Alysha

I tried this in store and ended up with the body spray of this. I'm contemplating the EDP, although from some of the reviews the spray mechanism is dodgy. I will keep my receipt if I buy the EDP.

The body spray smells delicious, in a delicate delicious way. It's not exactly warm, nor is it very floral. It's like sugar cubes with a twist of floral.

Now what's really interesting about this one, is that I can actually smell sugar in it. If you've ever munched on a sugar cube ( don't judge me!) then you know that kind for super intense granulated sugar taste. I can smell that in this perfume, it is distinct.

The rest of the notes are kind of like a floral ''twist'. Not too strong, probably there to lend some more substance to the sugar note. I don't get any cream or caramel, or coffee(? in the body spray.

The body spray does not last at all. I plan to give the EDP a proper try ( no other sprays on that arm) and see how it goes.

celcia.snow
celcia.snow

My new favorite BBW scent next to the old Warm Vanilla Sugar! I've been wanting a strawberry perfume that doesn't smell overly synthetic and made for a middle schooler and this fits the bill perfectly! The strawberry and whipped cream notes in this are simply delicious! The longevity and sillage are average, as to be expected from BBW fragrances. I only have two real gripes about it though... the old fashioned atomizer spray bottle is more trouble than it's worth. I had to exchange it TWICE for one that wasn't defective. I also don't like how this company always crams cheap nasty musk into all their perfumes. The musk in this one smells SOMEWHAT better than most but still... the musk they use tends to be nasty.

fruitypurr
fruitypurr

I have the body spray and shower gel.
I like the mild scent that the shower gel leaves but definitely not the sickly-sweet scent. (Don't get me wrong, I love this scent!)
I think it's way too strong, and when I spray it it gives me a headache. If any of you have the same problem, spray 2-3 sprays into a little dish or cup and mix it with 3-6 drops of water and a spray of a light, fresh perfume like White Citrus by BBW. It's your own fragrance! (Apply with an aloe-infused cotton pad) @hellokoi I get that so much. It's so sickeningly sweet, but with that bitter, generic, absolutely horrific "musk", it just ruins the whole fragrance. JUST ADD SOMETHING NEW, BBW! @Ginnie A Yup, Pink Chiffon can't be beat!

roseredlolita
roseredlolita

Love this one of my all time faves next to Japanese Cherry Blossom and Dark Kiss

BrittneyN
BrittneyN

lOVE IT. A gourmand lovers dream perfume.

DJJellyBean
DJJellyBean

I have the glitter spray of this, and I think it smells pretty good. Have you guys tried the glitter spray? If so, does it smell like the edt or fragrance mist? Or does it smell different?

iLoVeTHe80s87
iLoVeTHe80s87

This is probably my second favorite EDT/EDP from Bath and Body Works (and I work there). My first is Forever Red Vanilla Rum. It fits my personality perfectly. Sweet and cuddly. I love the scent of strawberries in it. The sweet smell is more of a vanilla cake-like scent as opposed to something like cotton candy sweet. Oddly enough, though, I only like this in the EDP and fine fragrance mist. The shower gel is like too much strawberry or something sickly sweet, and I don't like the lotion either. Also, the bottle is SUPER EFFING CUTE!

arenee92
arenee92

I have the body spray and the triple moisture cream, and this has quickly become one of my favorite scents. I remember smelling it in the store, and I HAD to have it. It's sweet, fruity, fun. It isn't cloying or too young, it's just right, I'd say.

I don't smell any of the coffee (at least not that I can distinguish), but I can definitely pick up the strawberry, sugar, vanilla, a hint of amber, and caramel. It's sweet and yummy, and the combo of body spray + lotion lasts forever on me. It's a nice scent to layer with, if you want to add a sweet touch to something.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This one is quite a treat. The packaging is really beautiful with the blue ribbon. I actually smelled this several times in the store and thought it smelled amazing. .....it has a great strawberry note in it. I notice the ingredients are kind of different. It has whiskey, coffee and caramel. I love how all the ingredients come together really sweet and smoothly. I especially admire the strawberry in this which is quite realistic. Very similar to Britney spears fantasy except that plays up caramel. Pink sugar plays up the licorice and this gourmand plays up the strawberry. This has a very delicious scent. I love pink chiffon too but I don't think I'd wear pink chiffon to work. This one isdefinately a bit more mature and I'm not sure why. But to me it is. Maybe because I can smell the fruit verses only cotton candy scent. But this is very candy-ish as well. This is one I'd never get tired of. Would like the edt and a bigger splash plus the lotion. It's really good. I think that the fruit and the gentleness of this make this approachable for any age.

mjd83
mjd83

What a wonderful yummy, sweet scent. There is just something about sweet, sugary scents that are so comforting.

redrapturelove
redrapturelove

I love the sweet simplicity of this fragrance. Its like a trip to a bakery on a rainy day. The rich strawberry and vanilla tones create a comforting feeling like your favorite soft blanket cuddly and safe........ it also reminds me of jelly doughnuts with powdered sugar!!!!

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Sweet, juicy, bright, optimistic. Like Nina by Nina Ricci. Sweet, loud strawberry and mouth-watering notes (jasmine, vanilla, sugar, whipped cream) topped off with a strong musk to give it a slightly "hear me roar" feel. Good sillage and longevity.

LisaMari
LisaMari

These notes sound like heaven, so many of my fave scents. I have to try this

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

To me the dry down on this is very similar to BS Fantasy! My friend and I did a smell test and an hour later could not really tell them apart. I'm in love!

jreyes366
jreyes366

Am I the only one who finds this flanker and all the rest to smell just like bubblegum? Not that the smell of bubblegum is bad, it's just that all of these scents seem to meld together and smell almost identical. I wish I could smell what all of you are describing, but sadly I cannot.

lizzyshreds

I personally think the EDP, and the Mist smell a little bit different from each other. I've worn the mist since late November. You can smell more of the notes in the EDP verses the Mist. EDP the notes I can smell are: Coffee, Caramel, Green Apple, Strawberry, Musk, Vanilla, Sugar, Whipped Cream and Plum. In the Mist I smell: Green Apple, Strawberry, Musk, Sugar, Whipped Cream, Plum, and Vanilla. In the mist I can't smell the Caramel, or Coffee. I like both the smells the EDP, and the Mist. I don't know what one I like more since I just recently got the EDP. This is my favorite perfume that has come out from Bath and Body Works. This is one of my top favorite 5 perfumes. Overall I give this fragrance a 10/10.

Labaloo
Labaloo

Love this one! There are only a handful of B&B frags I admire, and this is one of them. The base is distinctly oriental, musk and benzoin-heavy; the fruit, floral, and sugar-notes are nicely-balanced against each other. I smell nectarine as stronger than the other fruits. Also, there are dark, wood-tones that add sophistication and maturity to this scent. (edit- just noticed balsam of tolu in the note-list- that's the "dark" note- lovely! also, I sense a hint of licorice...)

stephanienwc
stephanienwc

After smelling around 10 fragrances at BBW multiple times, I settled on this one. It's just the right amount of sweetness. It's very nice and light - overall a pleasing scent for most people I think.

poivrerose
poivrerose

I smell sugary pineapple with whipped cream on top! A very sweet treat. A lot better than most of their recent gourmand-ish releases. Somehow remains mellow despite the sweetness. It smells different on fabric and skin however. I can smell the florals more on fabric- mostly honeysuckle. Fruity sweet fragrance lovers will probably not regret trying a mini splash. That's all :)

mjdancer83
mjdancer83

Best new release from BBW in a long time! It's sweet, but fruity and fresh enough to where it's not nauseating. I think it'll be a sweet fragrance that may also work in warmer weather. It's a good choice for someone who wants sweet, but scents such as Pink Sugar are a little too much.

peachypixie
peachypixie

Imagine strawberry cream cheese frosting, a sugary musk, and a faint background of warm caramel and saltwater taffy. What I like about Velvet Sugar is not only its sweetness, but how the warm background notes anchor the scent from being pure sugar. It smells like what I expected Pink Chiffon to smell like. I'm very impressed with this scent, and I'd recommend it to any sweet/candy lovers.

On a side note, the "wild" strawberry seems to smell more like real fruit and less syrupy, but it's hard to say because of how sweet the other notes are. That could just be my wishful thinking X)

lizzyshreds

I've smelled Mad About You which is supposed to be in stores sometime this week. It's the Valentines collection, when I thought Velvet Sugar should of been for Valentines Day. It's very similar to Velvet Sugar. I can smell some differences though. I smell the white patchouli, and black current. I think Mad About You is the mature version of Velvet Sugar aimed at a slighty older crowd, than Velvet Sugar is. Overall I give Mad About You a 7/10, because I'm not a huge fan of patchouli, it really depends on how well it goes together with the other notes like how Katy Perry Killer Queen is.

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

Went into BBW yesterday and happened to smell this. One word- ugh. Yucky. It was astringent, like a strawberry alcoholic beverage. Didn't care for this. Pass.

Ginnie A
Ginnie A

I was excited about this release as all the notes pleased me so ordered blind from the states as uk only has older ones available!Reminded me too much of honey sweetheart which I already own so was a bit dissapointed to be honest,very sweet and musky,too bad its not strawberry enough smelling to my nose,dont think anything will beat pink chiffon,still my number 1 bbw smell!Now that I adore!

lizzyshreds

This is one of my favorites from Bath and Body Works. It is a typical scent for Bath and Body Works. The lasting power isn't that great, but it's still worth the price. I can smell the passion fruit even though it's not listed in the notes, strawberries, and the musk sugar. I see this one they are keeping around, because there is a perfume of this as well. I really thought it was going to be a limited edition for valentines day, this scent reminds me of a romantic evening out. I'm really surprised with all the notes listed, because I can't smell all of them. I was curious for awhile what the notes were in this. Overall I give this scent a 10/10, but the lasting power is a 6/10.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

Velvet Sugar for me was a much anticipated release. When I first heard bath and bodyworks was releasing a perfume centered around red velvet cupcakes I was practically foaming at the mouth. (Note: Don't even see a red velvet note on here, but on BBW it says "red velvet creme" in the description.) I have been looking for a fragrance that captures the scent of red velvet cupcakes for a year now, beyonce's new york NYC was a disappointment to me.
So while going so crazy waiting for this scent to hit the stores I resorted to stalking the bath and bodyworks page and calling in every other day annoying the crap out of the SA's. When it was finally there I practically tore the bottle apart eager for my sniff...and did it smell like red velvet cupcakes?
Not even a little.
Sooo crushed was I. This fragrance is a sweet sugary strawberry, with plums, and a very generic white floral feel. Is it anything special? Absolutely not. Do I hate it? No, I really don't. I didn't hold a grudge even though it wasn't anything like what I expected it to be. For being a BBW synthetic strawberry scent it ain't half bad. It makes me feel 16, but the child in me never died. I wear it to work with a smile on my face.
In summary, sweet synthetic floral strawberry and plum. Very average and typical BBW. Okay but not great. I really don't find it overly sweet, I think the chemical-ness of it might make the sugar more over bearing, but I know so many gourmands that are sweeter. The bottle really does bite. I got it gifted to me at christmas and while it looks so cute the sprayer doesn't work at all. I decant mine into a travel sprayer to use.

hellokoi
hellokoi

I really wish that Bath & Body Works would quit cramming a cheap musk note into all of their new fragrances.

There are things that I like about Velvet Sugar, but overall I feel like Bath & Body Works tried to add way too many clashing elements into this scent, and all of the good notes are drowned out by their usual splash of sharp musk and soapy floral notes.

The 'red velvet cream,' vanilla & caramel notes are really nice, but they don't stick around. The initial spray has an undertone that's like chocolate cake covered in vanilla cream and salted caramel, and it smells really good. Unfortunately, though, the cake is immediately overpowered by the musk and floral. The whole thing quickly dries down to smell like strawberry chapstick (waxy and sickly, artificially sweet) covered in really cheap, sharp musk and a splash of soapy floral. My husband said that it smells like 'tasty strawberry jam with bad perfume and soap spilled into it.'

I don't like the sharp musk, soapy floral, and artificial strawberry at all, and those notes definitely dominate this scent.

As a side note, the atomizer bulb on this doesn't seem to work well. It was hard to get my bottle to spray out any fragrance at all, but the bottle kept leaking when it was left sitting on its own. When I went to return this perfume, the sales associate told me that they kept having the same problems with their tester bottles and had heard similar complaints.

almarie
almarie

I adore this scent from BBW! It is definitely a sweet sugary scent, but it's got a luxurious feel to it. Plus the bottle is so cute!

Velvet Sugar by Bath and Body Works 3.98 out of 5 based on 100 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Velvet Sugar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Velvet Sugar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Velvet Sugar by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Velvet Sugar by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.