Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Velvet Tuberose Bath and Body Works for women

Velvet Tuberose Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

tuberose

Velvet Tuberose by Bath and Body Works is a Floral fragrance for women. Velvet Tuberose was launched in 2007. Top notes are magnolia, juicy apricot, lemon and ylang-ylang; middle notes are freesia, cyclamen, tuberose, gardenia, fig leaf, indian jasmine and orchid; base notes are sandalwood, amber, spices, musk and cashmere wood.

Magnolia Juicy Apricot Lemon Ylang-Ylang

Freesia Cyclamen Tuberose Gardenia Fig Leaf Indian Jasmine Orchid

Sandalwood Amber Spices Musk Cashmere Wood

Michael
Inspire

Velvet Tuberose Fragrance Reviews

fawnydawny
fawnydawny

I have this in the body butter. It is very linear (can't really smell anything besides the tuberose) but it sure is creamy and divine. I'm not too into florals but this one is great and very "grown-up". It can be overpowering at times so use with a light hand.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Velvet Tuberose is full tuberose all through its many hours of its run. It's toned down a bit but not as much as I'd hoped. The base is supposed to have woods, spices, amber and musk, but for me, none appear. Nor do any florals. Just straight-up tuberose. Which is great for tuberose lovers. I'm just not one. But, if you are, the mix in this perfume is good. It's a creamier tuberose that gives way to a bit of buttered popcorn but comes back out to its original flavor.
Bath and Body Works always seems to use these superlative adjectives, hence, the word "Velvet" in "Velvet Tuberose". No velvet here. It's not smoother. It doesn't bring images of gothic tuberose, or castles of yesteryear and long-drawn draperies. Quite simply, if you're a lover of what tuberose smells like, pick this one up on Ebay on in thrift shops. It's no longer available at the store.
If there is a mutual love affair between tuberose and you, then Velvet Tuberose is your scent. It works well alone or for layering. If you're expecting something else to mingle in, look elsewhere. It stands alone as a sensual, mature scent.
Spray sparingly. It lasts for hours. It's well worth the price. It radiates in a cloud about you.
This is one of Bath and Body Works better floral presentations from 2007.

greenelf
greenelf

I always love a deep,sweet,tuberose floral,like Fracas or Madelyn De Madelyn---this has a softer, more powdery dry down, but is VERY lasting and very romantic and womanly! And--I suspect that Kim Kardashian had a juice JUST like this one to chose from when she launched her first scent because it is EXACTLY this scent! I prefer the BBW price point, though!

kattleia
kattleia

Classy and sexy fragrance! I find the lotion perfect on me than the mist, the spray don't last long on my skin. I find it quite strong at first but after a few mins all i can smell is the sweetness. But i still love this tuberose version of BBW!

Kyperkat
Kyperkat

I have the body spray, and it is one of my all time favorites from Bath and Body Works. Now I am trying to buy the perfume, and I am wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a difference between the eau du toilette and the perfume besides that the perfume costs about double and is in a prettier bottle. Help? I'll pay more if its worth it, but if its just the same thing in a fancier bottle, then I'm not springing for the perfume.

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

This is a very deep and sensual white floral fragrance. I was surprised, as it's a bit more than I was expecting from B&BW. It's rather sexy, but fresh and clean enough to wear during the day. I liked this fragrance a lot for the summer, but sadly, I cannot wear it much anymore since my roommate is terribly allergic to it for some reason. : I miss it!

antswife
antswife

One of my favorites. I try to catch during semi annual sales. The scent is subtle, floral and sexy.

pansylady
pansylady

Very nice! I like the lemony top notes with the tuberose- It keeps this powerful white flower fragrance from being too heady/cloying

Thanks, BB!

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

I am an enormous fan of layering lotions with fragrances. I used to wear Velvet Tuberose lotion with Bright Crystal by Versace. What a insanely sexy combination. I used to get compliments everywhere I'd go wearing them together. Something about the combination of notes mingling together with body chemistry made something like magic I guess. The lotion of this was a solid winner in my book.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

Usually if I see "white floral" and "tuberose" as the first two entries in the Main Accords section, I run the opposite direction. For whatever reason, perfumes with a predominantly white floral scent make me feel nauseated and give me a headache. But Velvet Tuberose is the only one I can wear and feel great! I love the creamy, slightly spicy, floral scent. I feel really womanly and beautiful when I wear this. I think it's the cashmere wood, amber, and spices that really make this the floral perfume for me.

Edit: This is really similar to SJP Covet Pure Bloom, if you're looking for a replacement for the Velvet Tuberose EDT. It's not exactly the same, but very, very similar. I layer the body cream with the Covet Pure Bloom perfume and they seem like they are made for each other.

Wonderstruck4Ever
Wonderstruck4Ever

Gah... I LOVE this perfume! <3 My mom can't stand it though. XP Haha, but it's very natural, and I have a ton of it at home. Too bad they retired it at my local store...

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Oooooooh! Nice. I picked this up at the annual B&B mayhem sale and after punching my way through the teeny boppers and annoying sales people (JOKE!!! :) I love B&BW!) snagged it for a song. It is long lasting and deep and dark and sexy and....and....mmmmmmmmmm. I had people asking me all day, "mmmmmmmmm, what's that you're wearing"....that sort of fragrance. I could hardly remember what it was since I only wore the body lotion and had quickly rubbed it on my legs as I ran out the door in capri's for a day of appointments. I have had Michael Kor's, Fracas, Brittney Spears tuberose scent Radiance and some others, and this is so beautiful. It is earthy but not "dirty", grown up but not stuffy, spicy, but not old fashioned. It is a clinger and I don't think you need much more than the body lotion on a warm summer day like today. I love this new addition to my fragrance wardrobe. I do think it would mix beautifully or be a lovely addition to any of the other perfumes I listed in order to boost their staying power if that is an issue for you. Besitos! xo

fragrancelover1
fragrancelover1

Temper, temper. I like some old fashioned scents and I also like a lot of BBW scents. I do like VT but also some of their newer ones. To each his or her own. Instead of just berating the girls, why not look for opps to kindly show others the merits of your favorites? Maybe they can teach you something as well. I get so tired of the 'my way or the highway attitude'.

pfcs
pfcs

This is one of the few things I wear from that store. Most of their scents are too cheap and namby pamby for me. This one is different. It actually clings to your clothes like quality fragrance. I use the bubble bath and body spray after my bath at night.

Unfortunately, it is only available during the semi annual sale, but I stocked up! It really annoys me to go in that store, frequented mostly by young girls who wouldn't know quality scent if it knocked them in the head, ask for something they only started making a few years ago, and be told it is discontinued. My favorites scents are from the fifties and earlier. It is stupid to always be discontinuing something just because it is no longer the latest thing!

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Initially, this is a very nice scent. It's floral yet spicy. It isn't a typical fruity fragrance that you'd find at Bath and Body Works. I have the lotion in this. If you wear it sparingly, the scent is beautiful but if you over apply, it can become overpowering.

phia143
phia143

I didn't like this scent at first it took while for it to grow on me. I bought this scent because it was in a very glittery body spray from bath and body works. I really liked the glitter and i don't know if the scent finally grew on me because of the floral scent or it was associated w/a great night out. But i like it now and was sad to see it discontinued. If you like this sent you should try Tease by Pairs Hilton. I've never liked any of her perfumes until Tease. It smells a lot like velvet tuberose w/out the woodsy or musty additive. Gardenia is not listed in the notes for Tease on this web site but a lot of people say they can smell gardenia in it. I mostly smell the tuberose. Next time your in a perfumeania or perfume outlet you should give it a try!!!

update: startin june 13th 2012 is the semi annual sale!!!!!!!! and they r bringin bk this sent!!!!!!! n also honeysuckle, butterfly flower, rainkissed leaves, enchanted orchid; cucumber melon, dancing waters. But the bad thing is that one of the reps said that they r not gettin the body spay. But online i have seen the body spray for rainkissed leaves!!! so who knws

tanzina.tanny
tanzina.tanny

This is just awesome floral fragrance!though I like woody and spicy or tea based ones,for now, this is My daily wear :D

kathryn.dean
kathryn.dean

I find this one a little too sweet for me to wear on its own, but this is one of my favorites to mix with either something woodsy or something spicy.

Hayven
Hayven

I received a travel-size mist of this for free last year; I regret giving it away. The scent was so rich and creamy, I felt like a million bucks and it was a comfort to wear at bedtime.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I regret that I didn't buy this before they discontinued it. This company always does that with it's most original or unique scents. This was one of the more intense scents they had to offer, and it was a spiced and buttery tuberose. The spice almost has a heat to it. This is why it probably didn't appeal to some people, but they should have tried it to warm them up in winter. It also lasts the entire day. Even the body spray lingered, which cost them money because people didn't need to do their layering method.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

Body spray review. I love this fragrance! It smells mainly of tuberose, but in thedrydown, I can smell musk, amber and sandalwood. It always makes me thing of Christmas somehow. I layer this with the lotion and it lasts all day on me. I love wearing this in the fall and winter. I hope they bring it back one day.

Whit
Whit

I had the shimmering body lotion along with the shower gel once upon a time. It's a very holiday-ish scent. I do like tuberose and this has just the right balance for me; it's not overly done. I usually wore it during the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)because that's what it reminded me of. It smells romantic to me and very festive too. I always got compliments when I wore it and the lasting power was pretty good too. And, to agree with some other reviewers who noted, it does smell way more expensive than your typical BBW scent.

lovelylady

I have the lotion and the scent is so beautiful to me. Not only that the lotion is very rich and smooth! Its very romantic and sweet like a bouquet of flowers.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I really like this...then again I like Tuberose! It's sexy, sweet, and very feminine. This is one of the few floras I can tolerate. Perhaps it's the cashmere wood and amber that make it so smoothe in the drydown.

Very similar to Kim Kardahian's fragrance...

arg1971
arg1971

I tried to like this perfume but there is something very weird about this scent on me has a peculiar note that I dont like. There were a lot of good compliments but this one is not for me

eezepeeze
eezepeeze

I have recently discovered that I really enjoy the tuberose not in my perfumes. So, needless to say, I really enjoy this one. What I like is that is actually has some depth to it, with a soft, musky undertone. My fiance and I picked this out together at the store one day. He really liked the sexiness of it.

In general, I really like the edt from BNB. They are very affordable, are true to their descriptions, and last a pretty long time.

This is nice for evening or a day when you are going to be cozied up with your honey.

luxlover
luxlover

This is the sexy BBW scent.

I have consumed many tubes of VELVET TUBEROSE body cream, and always loved not only the texture but also the creamy, comforting scent. I must have had a prejudice against B&B Works, assuming that they didn't make real perfumes, but now that I am wearing VELVET TUBEROSE edt, I find that it holds up quite well as a genuine fragrance. Not too complex to my nose--in fact, I'm surprised to see the lengthy list of notes--but a very likeable and satisfying tuberose+ scent.

Although I think of velvet as something lush and dark, VELVET TUBEROSE seems more white and creamy to me. (Perhaps because I associate the scent with body cream!) This fragrance would appeal to those who like somewhat fruity florals and not to those who shun sweetness and light.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

The Jasmine, Magnolia, Tuberose and Cashmere Woods are prolific in this one! It's a slightly powdery floral and kisses the skin. And, I must say I absolutely love it! I've worn it from spring into the fall and get compliments regularly. It doesn't take much for lasting results...which I also like! I get headaches from some of the strong heady floral perfumes and this one doesn't do it for me. I really like it.

7seven7
7seven7

I bought this perfume at BBW, when it had a sale on perfumes for $15 each. It reminds me so much of the jasmine flowers in India. I'd wear them before I would go to sleep and wake up with the fragrance of jasmine all over my hair.

Very subtle yet sexy fragrance when I compare it to all the Oriental spicy and floral perfumes I have.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I like this scent, it's feminine and long lasting one, 2 sprays are enough. It's not as overwhelming as Jo Malone's Tuberose and Velvet tuberose is more delicate and floral and a little more sweet. I don't feel any citruses to my happiness it's flowery spicy. I think it's better for evening and cold weather use.

I received this as a gift set at Christmas and unfortunately it doesn't work at all on me. I can sense the velvety tuberose the others are getting, but overall the scent is a chainsaw blast of hairspray and that powerful sharp note never fades. From start to finish this one is awful on me. A friend of mine wears it (benefit of it not working on me) and in small doses it's not as bad, but when she first applies it, that screaming sticky alcohol flower note is still there. Pass.

soulflwr
soulflwr

For some reason this fragrance reminds me of Champange...

Anyway, when it first came out, it was completely different than what I was used to from BBW. I loved it, but now it's kind of a love/hate thing. It's very strong, and the tuberose can kind of overwhelm you and give you a headache. You can also smell a bit of a peppery note behind the massive flower enveloping your nostrils and filling your sinuses.lol I can see now that it must be the spices and cashmere wood. It's nice every now and then but just way too much for everyday.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I recently got this but i am not sure if i like it.I usually hate florals but this one is a bit different.It smells very voluptious,kinda sweet too.It reminds me just a bit of miss boucheron(the only floral i like a lot).It has great lasting power,just have to see what i am going to do with it..

Aredore
Aredore

This is a very strong and sweet Tuberose scent. It was like a mixture of a dark vanilla and woods base, with a strong, honeyed tuberose scent on top.

One spray lasted a very, very long time - hours and hours. It is marketed as a "romantic" scent, but I found the scent so overwhelmingly sweet that it was nearly unwearable. I see this more interfering with a romantic mood than adding to it.

This tuberose is not for me.

I'm sure it makes a lovely body cream or shower gel. (Or even scented candle. B&BW should look into a candle line featuring their scents.)

Mals86
Mals86

I spent my childhood in the Avon scents my grandmother bought me, my teen and young-adult years in drugstore perfumes like Emeraude and Navy and Aspen for Women, and my thirties in the light floral scents my husband bought - True Love, VS Pink, BBW Freesia. I'd always thought, you see, that perfume was nice, but spending money on it was completely unnecessary.

Velvet Tuberose was the fragrance that dragged me headlong into perfume interest. I'd gone to BBW to pick up some Aromatherapy Lavender & Vanilla lotion for my sister's birthday, and was walking around, desultorily sniffing things. Before I knew it, Velvet Tuberose had grabbed me by the arm and shoved me to the cash register, shrieking "BUY ME!" (I had to go back for the Lavender Vanilla.)

The very next week, I was on the internet looking for perfume reviews, thinking, this is great but there has to be more out there! And my new hobby was born.

This is a cheap scent - I got my 50 ml bottle for $19 on sale -- and now that I've smelled some classic stuff and niche fragrances, I can tell how synthetic it is. At the same time, it still smells wonderful to me - I love dense, heady, voluptuous tuberose! - and I find its woody base very comforting. This is one of the perfumes that I always seem to get compliments on.

ramiske
ramiske

This is a BIG voluptuous floral, not for you unless you are a serious floral lover. I love Tuberose, so I ordered this without testing first.

I'm very pleased, although it is much more complex that just tuberose.

I agree with other reviewers who said this smells much more expensive than BBW. Beautiful!

itastica
itastica

Smells so nice. A lot more expensive smelling than it actually is!

belle de sud
belle de sud

I bought this one at debut as I am a tuberose addict and love Fracas...Velvet Tuberose is more creamy and lacking Fracas' sparkle for some reason but beautiful on the skin and always romantic and sexy! Not crazy about the flacon design, but not put off enough not to buy! (like Bond #9's tres tacky cartoony bottles for such enchanting scents!) The perfume is wonderful but the bottle looks cheap.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Velvet Tuberose is a strong floral tuberose scent. Imagine that. :-) If you found Fracas to be too intense, this is much softer tuberose scent that will probably be wearable for you. Fans of Fracas will find this a good, less expensive alternative for your daytime wear.

This is a very fresh, full-bodied floral with just a hint of green. Very feminine and romantic, with a little bit of sexiness, too. I would recommend all tuberose scents be sniff-tested in person (or on your person), and this one is no excpetion. If you're not a fan of tuberose or floral scents at all, you may find Velvet Tuberose a bit cloying.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

More of a buttery tuberose to me. Lovely and agree that scent lasts a long time.

essija
essija

I liked this when I tried but did not buy. I think it is strong and romantic. Full Bodied and could be pulled off by the right gal.. Just don't know If I am her..

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

This is a very nice fragrance! Michael Kors perfume lovers should like this, just as I did. However, I like the body spray better than the EDT or EDP, other wise it is a bit overpowering. This is a creamy, voluptuous scent that is very sophisticated for B&BW. Lasting power is great too. I'd recommend, but not for everyone. If you like deep florals, try this!

Velvet Tuberose by Bath and Body Works 3.79 out of 5 based on 198 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Velvet Tuberose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Velvet Tuberose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Velvet Tuberose by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Velvet Tuberose by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.