Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Wild Honeysuckle Bath and Body Works for women

Wild Honeysuckle Bath and Body Works for women
dislike

honey

Wild Honeysuckle is a fragrance for women, which captivates with its light notes. A breeze of melon and special Honeydew melon, watermelon, lemon, lily-of-the-valley, black currant leaf and cyclamen opens the composition, leading to the heart of honeysuckle, freesia, violet, tuberose, night jasmine and rose, settling at the base of ylang-ylang, orange blossom, musk, patchouli and white tree. The perfume is available as 50 ml edt with the matching body care line.

Melon Honey Watermelon Lemon

Cyclamen Honeysuckle Tuberose Orange Blossom Jasmine Violet Cassia Freesia Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Musk Peach Patchouli

Cynthia Rowley
Calypso Chevrefeuille

Wild Honeysuckle Fragrance Reviews

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

I LOVE honeysuckle. While searching for the perfect honeysuckle perfume (an inexpensive, readily available one without a bunch of citrus in it) I wear, and love, B&BW's Wild Honeysuckle... it is obviously not a pure honeysuckle, and, if I believe the pyramid above, there are quite a few notes included that do not typically work well for me (jasmine, freesia, melon)but the honeysuckle shines so brightly that I don't even notice the others... well, maybe the freesia a bit, but it isn't enough to offend.
In fact, "bright" is a fitting adjective for the overall feel of this fragrance. It is bright without being sharp, screechy or too "clean". There is a soapy element, presumably from the LOTV, but it is a light, fresh, feminine soap.
I misted it through my hair just before my daughter's fourth birthday party today, and it really was the perfect fragrance for the day. :) I felt light, fresh, and sexy... in a "Mommy" kind of way.
Delicious, but not like something to eat. I like this one, and it may end up being the one that I keep fro my honeysuckle fix... I've been wanting Annick Goutal's Le Chevrefeuille, but I've got to find a reasonably priced mini to fall in love with, first.
I'll add that I owned the EDT of this one first, and didn't enjoy it nearly as well as I do the simple body mist. I found the EDT to be quite freesia-heavy... it could be sharp, and lacked the sparkling, airy "lift" that the body mist has. It was not any more lasting than the mist, either... kind of a slap in the face, as in, "Here... pay more for less, and it's not going to smell as good, or really like honeysuckle at all, and it's going to fade faster." No thanks...
I am delighted to feel just the subtlest hint of orange blossom... one of my very favorite scents in the world... in the realm of white flowers, I can successfully "do" only orange blossom & honeysuckle, so that makes me very happy.
Happy, yes. :)

AllieJ
AllieJ

I don't know what it is, but this has an ingredient in that almost immediately goes sour on me :( its also in L'eau d'Issey, Maison Margiela Replica Beach Walk, Etoile de Rem, Laura Mercier Fresh Fig and a few other things I've tried - they smell great in the bottle and then smell like sour skin on me. I love honeysuckle so this was extra disappointing.

lavender sage
lavender sage

Whenever spring starts to come around, or in this case, winter is hanging around too long, I always start craving this bright, fresh scent. Since it has been disc'd, I've usually been able to find a few bottles at the Semi-Annual sale or at the BBW outlet, but this year, I didn't have luck. I was able to stock up on a few shower gels and lotions, but they didn't have a splash in sight. I did find one on Amazon at least. :) I'm really disappointed that BBW discontinues beautiful scents like this, Exotic Coconut, Butterfly Flower and Vanilla Noir to come out with loud, fruity, sweet scents with "cutesy" names that will just be discontinued in a few months. I hope that in the future they develop another scent similar to Wild Honeysuckle!

Serpentime
Serpentime

This smells just like wild honeysuckles you smell while driving on the highways in south Jersey. One of my favorite smells of great memories of springs and summers. It's rather hard to find now and the Butterfly Gardens they say is the same thing smells like phlox and not honeysuckle. It can be strong and overwhelming sometimes. I honestly can't believe there's all these other notes in it. It just smells like honeysuckle to me.

NillaMilk
NillaMilk

It's a strong floral, for sure, but surprisingly nice smelling despite being sort of a one-note fragrance. I really smell nothing but flowers when I wear this! No musk, no sweet candy, no fruit, just floral (maybe some honey actually). But it's really not a bad thing! It's really feminine and pretty for sure. Sort of sophisticated, but in a flirty way. I still have half a bottle of the body spray and I save it for days when I feel really girly and flirty!

Hayven
Hayven

I have smelled this a long time ago, but I couldn't remember the scent until I received a bottle recently. I do not find it fruity, but it is a honeyed tuberose on my skin. It's one of the few Bath and Body Works offerings left that isn't super sweet or fruity.

Thank you Nicole1978 for the bottle. :D

worknplay
worknplay

This scent smells AMAZING layered with Coty Vanilla Musc. I swear it smells very similar to Givenchy Organza Indecence (one of my favorite scents ever!)I just discovered this the other morning because I spritzed some vanilla musc on myself and I realized, too late, that I wasn't in the "mood" for so much musc; so I spritzed some of the bbw honeysuckle on as well and I was over-joyed to find that the smell was delicious! and it really reminded me of Givenchy Indecence. Not as deep and complex as Indecence of course, but very similar. It also smells yummy by itself as well :)

Airiasthya
Airiasthya

I looooooooooooooooove this perfume!! This was my signature scent on senior high!! Fresh and flowery--but not too flowery. Surprisingly lasts long on me. I didn't get bored of this perfume like I usually did on other perfumes. But sadly this perfume got taken by the security guard on the airport and I didnt get the chance to buy it again :((

Turtledove
Turtledove

Why are you discontinued, why?! Le sigh. I'm not big on florals normally, but I love this. It definitely smells like flowers, but in a light, sweet way, without the cloying pollen-like aspect that usually bugs me. It has a natural honey-sweetness, like nectar, and it actually has a surprising warmth to it, it must be a hint of musk or vanilla or something. Whatever that is, it just melts into my skin and smells sweet, like a garden in summer, it is AMAZING. It's specifically the EDT that does this too, the lotions are a little more green/fresh, with a little bit of that sneezy pollen quality.

It's also probably worth noting, Wild Honeysuckle is my guy's favorite too, and he can be SUPER picky. Everything's always "too perfumey," but he loves this one because reminds him of the honeysuckle flowers outside his house when he was little. I don't know what the real ones smell like, but it's gotta be pretty spot on to have gotten that reaction.

fromskyline
fromskyline

It's been about 3 years since I last used up my last bottle of this, but I still remember it liked I spritzed it on this morning.
The first few spritzes were always slightly intolerable to me. Smelled so alcoholy and an onslaught of floral smell. Yes, SMELL, not scent. If I forgot to stop after the first couple spritzes, I would immediately start to sneeze. But after about 20 minutes, I remember the smell would finally calm down and turned into this amazing loveable scent of honeysuckle. I feel so wistful just thinking about the loveliness of it... I miss it. If I could find a parfum that was just as sweet as Bath and Body Works but without all the alcohol in it, I'd buy it immediately. ;[

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

Wild Honeysuckle is my all-time favorite floral fragrance, hands down. Its simplicity is what completely and utterly draws me in. Honeysuckle is a chameleon on how it can make people feel. It can be a comfort scent, it can be a fresh/clean scent, it can be a feminine scent, it can be a nostalgic scent, and it can be a romantic scent. For that, honeysuckle is one of the best scents ever, and when a manufactured fragrance can pick up on that, then hats off!

Whenever I wear this, I feel all of the things I described above. It's one of the best fragrances that Bath & Body Works has ever released, and I wish that it was readily available in stores again ... And I wish I didn't have to rely on ebay to find the Eau de Toilette again.

banksgirl6
banksgirl6

Like all BandBWorks fragrances, it smells exactly like what it says it is: Honeysuckle! It's a very nice floral scent, but I wouldn't want to walk around all day smelling exactly like a honeysuckle bush...it would appeal to me much more if I could pick up on some of the other notes, but I can't. However, I definitely recommend this fragrance in the soap or candle version or as a pretty hand lotion.

lisalgreer
lisalgreer

I like this one for a summer/spring evening fragrance or a spray or two for daytime. I smell loads of honeysuckle and jasmine, and the scent sticks around on my arm even after a shower. Good staying power. I get some compliments on it, but the other night, a waitress went nuts to find out what it was.

phia143
phia143

I really like this sent I'm glad they remade it. It was originaly called Honeysuckle and its part of the classic line. Anywhoo it reminds me of a cleaner fresher version of Jennifer Lopez's Glow. I usually layer the two perfumes to balance out the weird scent that is in Glow (see my review for Glow for more info). Wild honeysuckle sent is very floral and not to sweet. It doesn't smell exactly like smelling a flower in your garden but similar.

update: startin june 13th 2012 is the semi annual sale!!!!!!!! and they r bringin bk recently discontinued sents!!!!!!! Like honeysuckle, butterfly flower, rainkissed leaves, enchanted orchid; cucumber melon, dancing waters and mandarin mango. But the bad thing is that one of the reps said that they r not gettin the body spay. But online i have seen the body spray for rainkissed leaves in a body spray!!! so who knws :>

Morgane08
Morgane08

I have the spray and I really like it. But I feel it is too strong a floral for spring/summer. I recommend it for fall/winter instead.

Tulip211
Tulip211

I am not a floral person in the least, but I must say this is the best honeysuckle scent ever. Bursting, bright, ripe, fresh and alluring.It is so natural smelling and not synthetic at all. Nor is it overly sweet.
I wore this for a whole summer once and everywhere I went people told me I smelled good. Even bees followed me everywhere! (the only con) Plus, this has a sentimental value for me, as my mother told me it smelled like her first perfume ever,when she was a young girl. She looked so nostalgic as she smelled my wrist..her eyes glistening. I have decided to buy her a bottle for Christmas.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

Body spray review. This is a lovely "single note" fragrance. I know it has a lot of other things listed in the notes, but I can't smell them. Then again I also have the body spray. Maybe the perfume is different. I use about 6 sprays and it lasts about 4 hours. About average for a body spray. I like this one for the spring and summer.

addicted2oreos
addicted2oreos

Honestly I find this wayyy too light. Smells a bit like grass.

FRESH FLOWER
FRESH FLOWER

I LIKE IT BECAUSE ITS FRESH . I'M USEING THE BODY LOTION OF THE WILD HONEYSUCKLE, AND ITS GREAT. THE SMELL LAST MORE.

i actually love this. honeysuckle is one of my favorite scents and i think bbw does it up right. pure honeysuckle sharp and sweet, then dries down to light and flowery. love it for spring.

ZoeRight
ZoeRight

To me, it is just way toooo sweet smelling! I liked it when I was younger, but I gave away all my Wild Honeysuckle stuff because I did not like it anymore.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I bought this a few years ago because I had just started dating my fellow and he mentioned honeysuckle as the only floral smell he could stand. He loved this! Still does. I don't care for it too much.
I never had a very refined nose for perfumes, so it didn't occur to me that this was anything but a one note fragrance. I figured I just wasn't a fan of honeysuckle. Now, smelling it again with more insight, I realize that the thing I dislike about it is that it ISN'T just honeysuckle. The rose and the freesia REALLY over power this for me...I'm reminded of bathroom spray.

Cherub573
Cherub573

I really love the initial spray of this fragrance on my skin- it's a really pretty, summery, feminine blast of honeysuckle, but within a few minutes, it turns to this synthetic perfume base, which is why I've never purchased it. I keep sampling it occasionally to enjoy the initial whiff .

guest_chix
guest_chix

the best honeysuckle scent ever! smells just like it!! what a sweet fragrance.
great for summer or spring or when you have a bad day & need uplifting.

melia
melia

When I first sniffed it, I thought: ehm, no. While my mom was going crazy about how she loved it and wanted to buy it. Then at my second try today, actually, I was pleasantly surprised! There is still a bit too much citrus for me(a problem my skin creates with many perfumes), but there is also something comforting and familiar. Reminds me somehow a bit of elizabeth ardens 5th avenue, which I adore. A pity that the staying power isn't so great...
ps: special thanks to sky76sky for letting me try this one!

luxlover
luxlover

Beautiful and fressshhhh! 'Love it! Wild honeysuckle,Juniper Breeze and Cherry Blossom are the top 3 Freshest scents of BBW in my opinion.

lovable
lovable

This was a very light and refreshing smel from BBW! After time, like most of their perfumes it bored me.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I have a Japanese honeysuckle bush in front of my house and kept telling my husband "they need to make a perfume that smells like that." So my search began.
This was the 1st scent I tried. It's got a synthetic note that smells a little cheap but overall it is a pretty honeysuckle-like scent.
After wearing it several times, I have found that it is too sweet for me and is much stronger than the honeysuckle I'm looking for. I sometimes layer it with more somber frags like Trouble. That combination smells divine. The honesuckle cuts the heavy lemon and gives it the floral sweet it needs to be well rounded.
I would say this frag is not top quality but casually wearable.

arladanielle
arladanielle

This frag smells pretty but sensous.Top notes last long and stays on clothes and linen too.
I have the lotion and EDT.In the morning when i feel bright and perky I spray this to make my good mood last all day. At night when I feel romantic I use the lotion.

itastica
itastica

Very nice. A very pretty honeysuckle scent. The honeysuckle really shows in this perfume. Thanks!!

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Wow- how I love Honeysuckle! This is a really good honeysuckle, but it has very little persistence. I couldn't believe the note listing- like the previous reviewer said, all I get is honeysuckle. The scent in this EDT is a much cleaner honeysuckle than any of BBW's lotions/bodywashes, etc. from this line.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

One of the prettiest honeysuckle scents out there. It looks like such a complicated fragrance on paper, but I get no fruits, no other flowers--just pure, sweet honeysuckle from this one. Linear and single-note, but if you want honeysuckle, you can't really do better than this one. This is a great scent for young women and for warmer weather.

Wild Honeysuckle by Bath and Body Works 3.94 out of 5 based on 183 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bath and Body Works Wild Honeysuckle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bath and Body Works Wild Honeysuckle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Wild Honeysuckle by Bath and Body Works. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Wild Honeysuckle by Bath and Body Works represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.