Designers » B » Woody « Groups

1805 BeauFort London for women and men
dislike

smoky
marine
1805 BeauFort London for women and men Pictures 1805 BeauFort London for women and men Pictures 1805 BeauFort London for women and men Pictures

“England’s evening spark and citrus kisses—thunder on your lips. In Victory drink long, drink deep as glory fades to night.”—Beaufort London

1805 was the year in which Lord Nelson both won the Battle of Trafalgar and lost his life, as well as the year in which naval officer Sir Francis Beaufort introduced his "wind force scale." 1805 imagines moments within the battle itself.

1805 by Beaufort London is a Woody fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. 1805 was launched in 2015. Top notes are lime, smoke and gunpowder; middle notes are blood, brandy and sea water; base notes are amber, balsam fir and cedar.

Lime gunpowder Smoke

Brandy Sea water

Amber Balsam Fir Cedar

Nanban

1805 Fragrance Reviews

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

Cigarette smoke, hard core camp fire smoke, bunch of highly concentrated cigarette butt water poured over the black burnt logs, a bunch of guns going off and the gun smoke is also mixing in with all this smell, all captured in a bottle with some blood dripped in it, shake it all up...let it sit in the hot sun for a long time.....amplify that by 10 and bam! You got this composition :) enjoy, but please...don't wear it and expect to get complements!!!! Nostalgic reasons only.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

I had high hopes for this one. But I make it short. Reviews do not have to be long, always and anytime.

I wouldn't mind the smoke (that most likely comes solely from birch tar), but paired with an old-school window cleaner note that causes a dissonance that could hardly be any bigger, this is just unbearable. Like cleaning a window with a toxic windowcleaner from the 80's while a forest burns down in your back.

If you are still asking for pros as the cons don't put you of:
Lasts long and projects well. Even the window cleaner note (I guess the lime + sea water are responsible) lasts and lasts, though you might think it's a top note.

What a big pass for me!

Merino-Teflon
Merino-Teflon

Tried it, had to have it, this is period war with boats and tassles and ridiculous proclamations.

As mentioned, this has been updated, it is now called Tonnerre (Both a commune in France, and a line of French Naval vessels), and comes in a more fitting dark bottle, much like the one seen for the new Lignum Vitae release from the BeauFort house.
The packaging and presentation is very nice, though the sprayer just looks/feels a little cheaper than everything else, albeit it works fine.

The thing that made me love this immediately was the opening, the lime really shoots the sea, and the gunpowder, and the smoke up your nozzer with a flash.
The rest of the drydown, etc, I need to explore at my leisure, but overall, the aftermath smoke lingers, something woody, dark, rounded, and strangely comforting(to me) persists.

I think it's a bit of a new fave for me.

DrageMan
DrageMan

This is now called Tonnerre.

I recently discovered the Beaufort line and I'm obsessed. British, made by the drummer from Prodigy with evocative stories. And the frags - bold, stark and uncompromising.

Tonnerre is BRASH. Really, kick in the face, brash. It's an acrid, sharp smoke with an acidic cutting lime. Both corruscating and fresh. Aggresively masculine. It dries down to something more disturbing with its copper (blood) note - think Caron L'Anarchiste without any of it's dandy sensibilities.

It's not subtle. It's not mainstream. It's not for everyone. But it is for me. I second another reviewer by saying, if you've bought it and you hate it, feel free to send me your bottle.

It's polarizing and dangerous. Don't blind buy it unless you live life on the edge (and have a bigger 'fume budget that I do).

But if you want something challenging that makes you want to dress up in quasi regency garb and swan around like Nelson - this is what you've been looking for.

Projection is as good as you'd want. Go easy on the trigger, it's easily one of the strongest I've tried. Longevity is fair on me. Again as much as you'd want from something that feels like a donkey's hind legs in your face.

A word on the rest of the range. Coeur de Noir is actually my least favourite - a persistent Turmeric note which I don't enjoy. East India (now Vi et Armis) is probably my favourite - boozy, dark, rich, smokey, luxurious.

If you wonder why people think Yatagan is extreme, dip your toe into this range and be transported. If Yatagan is too stark for you, stick to Aqua Di Gio and move on - there's nothing to see here.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

The new name of the fragrance is actually "Tonnerre".

curvealert
curvealert

W T actual F? Come on, who honestly wears this stuff in public? I've just tried this alongside Coeur de Noir, and they are both unwearable. 1805 smells like the burning wreckage of a light aircraft that's just crashed into a volcano. The only sign of life is the smell of a hip flask leaking brandy before the whole plane goes up in smoke.

Mick_Trick
Mick_Trick

Easily the best of the bunch. It opens out to a smokey inky rubber with a bilgey vibe and an assertive citrus core (think the lime in Christopher St). The heart gets the tang of suckled copper penny, (the promised blood?) adding another layer of intrigue. The drydown softens things out and there's a bit of vanillin smokey sweetness, but it still retains enough weirdness to keep it fun. It feels almost like a tamed HdP Petroleum at times, weird, wearable and ultimately pretty good and engaging.

deadidol
deadidol

Lots of smoke, BBQ-style scorched woods, and something that dithers between molten plastic and soap. As much as I would love to say it’s an adventurous, daring composition (to match the pantomime ad-copy), 1805 is just poorly done. The smoke’s too high (cade and choyas), and the plastic/soapy note is an outright clash. It’s hard to identify much else going on as it’s just a cloud of dry, ashy smoke. My guess is there’s cedar and guaiacol somewhere in there, but for the first 30-minutes or so, good luck spotting anything that resembles an accord. After a while, it mellows into a dusty ash scent, but even then, there are so many better smoky scents out there than this. I could see 1805 potentially working as an environmental effect, but it’s not a wearable perfume.

fazli ikram
fazli ikram

when i first smell it, i tell myself this is a unique smell. i have never smell perfume made in such manner. i was advised by the sales representative to spray lightly, it is powerful. To me it is just amazing concept of fragrance journey. The website try to imagine the smell of water warfare in such a way that it is made elegantly. The first spritz reminds me of dusty old book that is kept in a damp wood place. Then smell of acrid metallic fresh blood like smell is injected in the composition not domineering but rather inside the cocoon of the notes. then comes the smell of ozonic brandy like smell with the amber in full blast, the smell is really sublime in gentleman manner of a typical smell of a drydown of a cologne barbershop based that is sold widely and liked by the reviewers, the difference that i noticed on the dry down is the ambery sweetness is really sublime, composed in manner that is not heady rather wafting along beside comforting you, it is just amazing.

i read the review of complaint in the thread, to me i would gladly accept it free if anyone doesnt like it. i would wear it without hesitation and feel proud wearing it.

the longevity is awesome after 12 hours i can still smell the luxurious ambery sweetness in the room that i sprayed it on me ..on my skin it is still going strong like a drydown of barbershop cologne...so if one doesnt like it, you can always give it to me free....:-)

Q80
Q80

This one smells like ashes of a newly volcano eruption with a a very orange color single mango melted within that harden lava!
after a little while the whole essence turns into a manufacturing vacuumed bag then a bit more time and it will turn again to barbecuing essence as his other fragrance "east india"

unfortunately the calm down turns into something rancid maybe! something fishy on woods! & honestly it is quite disgusting as i can sniff the same smell that i used to smell when my dad takes us me and my sis to that specific corner that held down that tiny fishes that he catches and use them as a decoy, so that corner held fishes, seaweed, and sea water with some cooper because of minerals on rocks! so imagine the smell. im sorry but this is disgusting!

I really wonder! are they trying to make unique fragrances as the word "unique" or trying to make it unique according to a certain liking and path that they believe in? cause honestly i can't sense anything that is really captivating when it comes to my liking and so can't sense anything specific from their vision! it's just chaos in bottles!

arnefag
arnefag

I think many of the reviewers are not getting this one. OK, it may not be the most wearable scent on the market, but it rather represents a concept that may be worn by brave eccentrics, for fun, and because it´s different. I get sea spray, tar, gun smoke and vivid images of tallships back in the days of pirates and discovery heroes. It will not get you compliments, and so what? I appreciate the range these scents contribute to the world of niche perfumery through their bold concepts and imagery. But will I buy a bottle..? If any of the the 3 scents from BeauFort, I guess it's Coeur de Noire I´m most likely to spend my money on.

atlaseetschristmas
atlaseetschristmas

This smells like igniting a permanent marker, throwing it in a ziplock bag and then huffing the fumes as it all melts into a chemical blob of noxious stinking headache. If you want smoke, there are so many better options that are more wearable and just as conceptually interesting. While I absolutely appreciate the spirit of the brand, it feels like they were trying so hard to make something different with 1805 that they didnt factor in wearability or enjoyment. I've worn this (conservatively, with a slight dab from my sample to my arm) and every single time I caught a whiff I was repulsed and couldn't wait to go home and put on literally any other fragrance... Theres an inexplicable, strange, dry quality to this that just sucks the air out of my lungs. Its just a suffocating overpowered nightmare mess of asthma/migraine inducing toxic waste hell.
~
there are "challenging" fragrances, and then there are just bad fragrances and I think this is a bad fragrance. 1/10

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

This perfume gets top score for uniqueness and creativity but that does not mean it is a good scent. it is far from this. Horrible smell as a fragrance, smells like some machine oil which my mother used as lubrication for sewing machines. I would never dare to wear it. you can keep the sample in your collection just to say it is very rare kind of fragrance and that is it.

Jrmcquill
Jrmcquill

Intensely smokey and dark! My wife knew immediately when I opened the sample, saying she smelled a bonfire! This is unique stuff, and I’d wear it…never. I can’t think of a single occasion!? Thumb neutral on this one. Worth a look, if not just for educational purposes? Very interesting.

RubyBirdy
RubyBirdy

I have to applaud the perfumer for the concept, but unfortunately that's where it ends. This perfume is unwearable due to a suffocating overdose of smoke. Any wood in here is scorched beyond recognition. Ditto the lime - it's not recognizable as edible fruit. All I get is burning and booze.

Perhaps the perfumer is cleverly alluding to how, in 1805, life on a ship would have been nasty, brutish, and short. That would certainly be clever. But above all, somebody has to be able to wear perfume, and this is unwearable. Of course, it lasts for ages.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about BeauFort London 1805 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about BeauFort London 1805, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 1805 by BeauFort London. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 1805 by BeauFort London represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.