Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Garden of Good & Eva Benefit for women

Garden of Good & Eva Benefit for women
dislike

ozonic

Garden of Good & Eva by Benefit is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Garden of Good & Eva was launched in 2010. Top notes are lily-of-the-valley, pear and watermelon; middle notes are jasmine, freesia, rose and violet leaf; base notes are sandalwood, virginia cedar and musk.

Lily-of-the-Valley Pear Watermelon

Jasmine Freesia Rose Violet Leaf

Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Musk

Freesia Fields

Garden of Good & Eva Fragrance Reviews

Start is quite promising, as it starts with fresh, flowery notes that make you think you are in summer garden. Unfortunately, heart notes are very, very green. I can smell nothing but some green weeds. Not my taste, actually.
Base note is pleasant, moderate.
Eva is surely for green fragrances' lovers.

joan100
joan100

A zesty, fresh, clean and safe scent perfect for spring. Some might compare it to cleaning products but I personally wouldnt say so!

nataliad
nataliad

This fragrance reminds me of some type of hair product - or at least smells like clean/freshly washed hair. Is it just me? Anyway... this would be the perfect fragrance to cut through those hot humid months during summer. Lasting power is better than I expected too. I can't wait to get my hands on this baby once winter is over!

Floral and fruity but green. I smell quite a bit of watermelon and pear. It's a lot less heavy than the other items in the Benefit fragrance collection. Prominent freesia & lily of the valley.

imihelsone
imihelsone

Very clean and neutral scent, pleasantly fresh yet not too crispy. The first minutes it smells exactly like melon on me and later transforms in a lovely melon-freesia combo. Perfect for everyday in the summer, nice to spray it throughout the day + the bottle is super cute, so it would be nice to whip this one out of your bag! :)

Esclarmonde1151
Esclarmonde1151

When smelling Garden of Good and Eva, I picture a fifties to sixties- world, like in a Doris Day-movie where songs are sung and women wear pretty dresses, maybe with a main character who wears petticoats and ballerinas and who finds her big love in an almost Shakesperian hodgepodge kind of story . The cute packaging underlines this feeling definitely, by the way.
The scent is so friendly and clean, summery-light-hearted and positive, fruity by notes of melon and pear and by bright and enchanting freesia and jasmine notes. It has also a gentle hint of green to it.
I would recommend it for the warmer months, but if the weather is getting really ugly and you stay inside, it is an appropriate pick to dream away to summer. Especially on fabric, the lasting power is pretty good, on my skin it stays four hours plus.
When I first smelt it, it made me smile, because it felt like the sun was coming out. It also has indeed a certain fabric-softener kind of quality, but this helps me the more to dream myself in a fluffy clean world of kitschy songs and swinging flowery dresses…

meulmer
meulmer

I really, really like this perfume a lot! It's nice and green smelling, without being too earthy. On the dry down, though, it reminds me of Victoria's Secret Love is Heavenly

suzy Nasr
suzy Nasr

This smells alot like Clinique Happy Clinique for men. I got this n I liked it and I was sure i like it for a reason coz its not my style at all. But it smells gr8

a clean fruity floral that i pick out a lot of the freesia note. nice, but not amazing or really anything new. sillage is not outstanding, more of skin scent on me. lasting power is about 2 hrs of this soft fragrance. a nice casual day perfume.

A fresh cool floral. Smells like equal parts melon and jasmine on me, with just the faintest touch of cedar. This is a casual scent for daytime wear.

LaPetite
LaPetite

OK , i wasn't supposed to buy another perfume until i don't finsh one bottle of my wardrobe .
I went to the perfume store today , just to smell , but a very good seller talked to me and made me discover this house , very casual , and unexpensive , i was searching something fresh because i have already almost only sweet perfume right now and somedays when it's not so cold i want something lighter .
she made me smell this one and Gina , i prefered this one because of the jasmine note which is one of my favorite.
I would have never tried the perfume of this house by myself , and i'm not disaponted i did really love it !

dinaia
dinaia

I've tried all the Benefit scents with girl names so far and the only one I slightly dislike is this one because of the loud and sharp drydown (the beginning seems a nice floral though). Lookin' to rock Rita also doesn't tell me much (just a faint fig note), but the rest of them range from good to gorgeous.

Missie
Missie

Love this perfume. It is fresh but subtle, like grass after rain on a summer's day!

I found this one to be the least interesting and most unspectacular scent in the "womens' name" range of Benefit. Very soft and almost not discernible.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I think this one is the less interesting and most usual of the series. On me it's fruity, mostly apple, something like DKNY green apple, but more light.

Nogitsune07
Nogitsune07

This is NOT a fruity-floral, IMO, and I'm at a loss as to how anyone could identify it as such. Vertigo, you've taken the words right out of my mouth with the last line of your review. I'm almost positive I've encountered this smell once upon a time, but I can't for the life of me remember where. Already, I know I've smelt Eva somewhere before... never a good sign, IMO.

As for the composition itself, I'm not really picking up any of the notes listed above, save for maybe melon and some freesia at the opening, along with the ivy leaf and the jasmine. There's also this other note I can't identify. What could it be... oakmoss? The cedar? It's a sharper smell, almost like the astringent kind of note you'd find in a man's fragrance. Garden of Good and Eva isn't exactly masculine (although to my nose, it's definitely heading in that direction), but the name and bottle are both really disingenuous. You'd be forgiven for thinking that this one is full of delicious fruits mixed with all the exotic flowers of a garden in full bloom. Expect to be disappointed in that regard.

Not exactly an unpleasant fragrance, but it's sorta ho-hum. Not very complex. A bit too straightforward for my liking, with little or no development. Average sillage; not sure about the lasting power yet on this one, but I'm not expecting any miracles.

I do not like this smell because
it is so nomal ....
I don't recommend this perfume either.
Maby be, this are just my own thought.lol.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A beautiful fresh bouquet of flowers wrapped in fresh linen. The sun is shining and a pitcher of iced tea is waiting...

The scent if young, refreshing and mood lifting, not at all soapy in any sense.

adele l
adele l

When I first applied this it smelled dreadfully cheap- drenched in alcohol. And while I enjoy many perfumes that are inexpensive those opening notes kind of ruin Eva for me. The dry down isn't too bad. It's girly and clean but quite artificial..afraid to try the other two in the sample coffret!

Benefit GARDEN OF GOOD & EVA opens with a slight tang similar to seasoned rice vinegar and moves swiftly to a somewhat generic fruity floral drydown with a patchouli-esque edge, though that is not listed as a note.

EVA has a bit more complexity than many fruity floral fragrances, but I do not find it compelling in any way and probably would not be able to distinguish it by name from a variety of other recent launches in the same category. Just okay.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Garden of Good & Eva by Benefit is on the left-most in the picture.

It's a very fresh Lily scent, none fruits detected by my nose, it's more of a Floral or Floral-Green scent. Lasting is very good. I like it best among the three.

joasia_90210
joasia_90210

Najlepsze z Benefitów :) Wszystkie sa do siebie podobne, ale ten jest inny. Kwiatowy, nie tak słodki jak pozostałe. Śliczna buteleczka i urocze opakowanie. Zapach nie jest bardzo zachwycający, ale może być. To nie jest na pewno mój musthave, ale uroczo prezentuje się w kolekcji ;)

Malegria
Malegria

Clean, floral little nothing. I was hoping for something simple and original, since it has my name in it. Simple it is, original was nowhere to be found.

vertigo
vertigo

Eva is the freshest from the new ones.
Linear & very clean.
I don't get any mentioned notes, maybe a bit of freesia.
The scent is transparent, laundry fresh, smells very artificial, like a washing powder - but it may be pleasant for someone.
Not me, thanks.
Reminds me of a fragrance which name I can't remeber right now.

Garden of Good & Eva by Benefit 3.54 out of 5 based on 124 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Benefit Garden of Good & Eva fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Benefit Garden of Good & Eva, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Garden of Good & Eva by Benefit. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Garden of Good & Eva by Benefit represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.