Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Lookin` To Rock Rita Benefit for women

Lookin` To Rock Rita Benefit for women
dislike

coconut

Lookin` To Rock Rita by Benefit is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Lookin` To Rock Rita was launched in 2010. Top notes are amalfi lemon, freesia and coconut; middle notes are violet, fig and hyacinth; base notes are sandalwood, vanille and brazilian rosewood.

Amalfi Lemon Freesia Coconut

Perfume Diaries Bare Skin

Lookin` To Rock Rita Fragrance Reviews

joliecat
joliecat

On my skin, Rita really ROCKS ! It's deep, smooth, sweet, rich and delicious. Fig is prominent, mixed with slightly sweetened vanilla and coconut. The flowers hover around, with stronger freesia adding a soft feminine beauty. The lemon is soft, gently noticeable, not sharp, more like sweet lemon -aid. Sandalwood is smooth, and the light rosewood pops in and out, now and then, to anchor the scent and keep it from being candy sweet. The entire blend smells like natural fruits.

This gourmand scent works beautifully on my skin. It's unusual, and the notes may not work for everybody. On me, it's a soft fig jam, luscious, super long lasting with moderate projection.

Special thanks to the wonderful lady who sent this to me in a swap. Rita didn't work for her at all, but it's wonderful on me! If not for the swap, I may never have tried this one. I've received many compliments while wearing it, and I absolutely LOVE Lookin' to Rock Rita !

chrisndema
chrisndema

When i first tried it on, i liked its bit of freshness with the fig, violet and coconut. It's different. I tried it on today and it just smells like grass with a hint of coconut. It's like a lone coconut tree swaying gently on a grassy moll. Silage is zero for me. Good thing i paid only $20 for it and not full price as it was on sale at Shoppers.

jewel.wido
jewel.wido

Bought this blind based upon reviews...

On first spray- oh my- I was very scared and thought I wouldn't like it!!
However about 10-20 minutes later I was relieved and completely fell in love with this beautiful, sweet, and unique smell.
Seriously, stick with it... it's different, nothing I've smell before and I love it!
My new daily favorite!

ajl577
ajl577

I know your name is Rita cause your perfumes' smellin sweeter....Sorry, I had to! Anyway, this is a sweet and fresh fragrance. Nice combo with the citrusy coconut vibe going on. Definitely my favorite out of the three. It doesn't last very long on me but I kind of like it for that reason. Not sure that I would buy it again but I still feel that it was worth what I paid for it.

happygeisha
happygeisha

i have been wanting to get my hands on "Rita" for some time now since i'm already in love with both "Gina" and "Noelle" from this insanely creative fragrance line by benefit. well, i finally found her and guess what?

i LOVE RITA!

she's a strong personality, she's exotic, she's young and she loves to dance all night in the humid heat of the tropics barefoot and tipsy. rita is a blast of coconut, freesia, lemon and fig... its really true, what everyone is saying: no one is quite as unique as rita.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Figs, violet with coconut used for sunscreen. That's how my skin serves it up to my nose. Thankfully, the coconut does not dominate otherwise it would ruin the figs and violet for me (both of which I love). After four hours, the coconut had said its goodbyes leaving me with a soft whisper of fig and violets. I only bought this for my husband (and lovely sis/bro-in-laws) as a tribute to his beloved mother. Turns out to be a good scent and the bottle is such a display item. To me, not a floral fruity, but aromatic in a hippy chic way. I don't think this is the trend these days although it could be classified as gourmand without the chokingly-sweet sugar so this would make the user unique. Soft enough for office use.

One spray on me:
Sillage: 6 inches for first hour then nose-to-wrist
Longevity: about five hours (longer than Gina)

evacecilias
evacecilias

Decided to try this and got it through swap - thanks to busik !
I tried it on yesterday and realized its the wrong season for it, but I can't agree on the sunscreen comments and I do get the fig..a calm true fig not sweeter than the original fruit, I also sense some fresh top, bergamot and som vanilla in the drydown..
This is faint, fresh - yes but not sporty sweet lemon fresh like the fig hidden in Versaces Versense. This is more toned down ..
Have to save it for spring/summer when its so hot you can't wear any sweetnes at all. That day I will probably sence it better and enjoy it moore,
even if I still enjoyed it last night. In an subtle inoffensive kind of way.
It is to me strange for someone to be calling this
sweet, artficial or loud

gashdown
gashdown

Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen type of coconut smell, and not much else on my skin. Was really hoping for the fig, violet and sandalwood notes to surface at some point since they are among my favorite notes, alas. I wasn't expecting something that beachy, but if that is what you are looking for, on the cheap side I'd suggest giving FCUK Friction a try: the coconut is nicer and the overall fragrance is richer, without being heavy.

ebony5
ebony5

A surprising fragrance. To me, I smell a sophistication and timelessness that outstrips it's price and name. Much more citrusy- especially at first sniff - than expected or described. And the coconut I hardly smell at all. It is professional and yet sexy, modern and yet timeless, serious but with a playful edge. A fragrance worth getting to know. I like this scent, and although I don't love it, I respect it.

sharyn100
sharyn100

Rita smell soooo fresh..just like being outdoors on a summers day.the smell lasts so long too.truly amazing,the coconut and vanilla smell makes it just so yummy mmmmmm....

tabithacate
tabithacate

I was lucky to win a Benefit competition last Christmas and recieve a years worth of Benefit products.
I got Lookin To Rock Rita in the vanity case, and first spray I wasn't mad about it. I liked the coconut notes but also got a kind of powdery/pencil smell.
It is a perfume I would wear to work as it is pretty boring with no oomph! It's not a perfume that I love but it is a perfume I will wear if I am running low on other fragrances.

Aspendina
Aspendina

I was hoping for alot of coconut but got nothing but an unpleasant smell, this is not very nice at all.

malwiniusia

so i have been using this fragrance for about 4 weeks now and i must say, it has something very seductive, secretly hidden in it !
with the first spritz you immediately smell fresia, figs and for me VIOLETS, though a very light version. only after some minutes do i catch this coconut scent, which is very warm and SEDUCTIVE ! the lastin power isnt that long, but even after 12 hours you still can sense a bit the warm coconut mixed with vanilla :)
I LOVE IT !!! and quite like it because i do not know anybody who knows this perfume !! it is unique !

malwiniusia

i really would like to have this scent, but i can not convince myself for that buy ! there is something different about this smell, it reminds me a bit of poppy, like a typical polish-poppy cake, which tastes as delicious as it smells ;)
but i worry about the lasting power ! the perfume is quite expensive for 30 ml :(
maybe someone can persuade me ?? HELP ;)

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

In my opinion it's an original scent. I would'nt use it every day, just now and then for a change. The way it blends in the skin its definatly special, different from other perfumes and not so known to the great public, at least I know benefit more for makeup than for perfumes.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

Rita reminds me a burst of fresh watermelon at first, then comes rubbish fig and the scent become more light. I don't feel any citruses to my happiness. Lasting power isn't long, but it will be good for summer. You can use it in winter when you want to feel the hot summer days ;)

Nogitsune07
Nogitsune07

Quite a lovely scent. It's not phenomenal or anything, but out of the three newest Crescent Row fragrances (the others being So Hooked on Carmella, and Garden of Good and Eva), Rita is my favourite. The "fruity-floral" label is misleading. Rita's got a very slight gourmand character, but it is never too sweet or even heavy. Aromatic, maybe? Hard to characterise this one.

I can smell lemon, fig and violet in the opening notes. There's also this leafier smell somewhere in the heart of the fragrance - I wonder did they include the violet leaf somewhere? Someone has reviewed this as smelling like freshly cut grass - and it's not a bad comparison. Rita smells the freshest of the trio, and, were it not for the sweet coconut and vanilla notes at the base of the perfume, it might have been a more of a unisex perfume. As it is, Lookin' to Rock Rita doesn't smell so much like a rocker chick as it does hippy chick. Smells vaguely like the great outdoors for some reason...

Sillage is close to the skin, but the longevity leaves something to be desired. Not a bad fragrance, nevertheless!

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Rita is tropical, fruity and floral.

Not the kind of scent I'd expect a rocker to wear but Rita breaks all the rules by going for colors and sexy scents!

The vanilla is mood lifting while the coconut is very alluring, some how...

The freesia, fig and violet tell us there is a sense of maturity in Rita.

A yummy outgoing scent

lilinah
lilinah

I am surprised that i not only tested this but bought it! Normally i like BIG orientals and chypres (Shalimar, Agent Provocateur). Yet this kept haunting me.

True, there is little sillage; i think it would be impossible to leave a trail of this scent behind. But on me, Rita lasts for many hours, the scent remaining close to the skin for most of the day.

It is not a terribly complex scent, although there is a tiny bit of development. The opening citrus disburses fairly quickly. The coconut is not sweet, nor does it smell like sunscreen. It plays nicely with the vanilla, which i found also not overbearingly gourmand (i am so sick of gourmand perfumes!). The florals lighten it a bit, while the sandalwood and fig give it some adult dryness.

The other fragrances in this line i found either completely forgettable or else far too excruciatingly gourmand, but i actually longed for this one. I think it is a good daily scent, fine for offices and other close quarters, or for relaxed casual settings.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Rita on me is all coconut + vanilla. Nice, warming up and kind of exotic. Perfect vanilla fragrance for cheering you up. Staying power is quite good in my opinion. Can't figure out, to place, or not to place in wish list..

adele l
adele l

This is interesting but fades incredibly fast..lime and coconut and not overly sweet.

Benefit LOOKIN' TO ROCK RITA offers an interesting combination of aromatic and greenish notes: I do believe that we have violet leaf and fig leaf here, rather than the flower and the fruit.

I really like the fresh, lightly lemonized florality of the opening, and the unsweetened coconut in the drydown blends very well with the violet and the fig leaf. The vanilla does not assert itself here as an isolable note, and the wood, too, is very subtle.

RITA is an appealing composition, but unfortunately the longevity is just laughable--I could use a bottle of this in a day! Désolée.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Lookin` To Rock Rita is the middle one in the picture.

It's the deepest one among the three. The Vanilla + Coconut makes it different from the other two. It's more of a gourmand scent. Lasting is good.

teedee
teedee

it smells like splash of lime and sap in a field of fresh cut grass. Strange combo on my skin i must say. after the lime went away, vanilla gradually came about very softly.

silleage was very soft and doesnt last very long...

vertigo
vertigo

Rita is the only one I can stand from the new trio.
Unfortunately, it has the poorest staying power.
Citruses and light flowers last for a quarter. Green fig & coconut stay with you all the time. I don't get any woods.
I'd rather call this fragrance aromatic, and I think it could be also worn by a man. It doesn't get sweet or gourmand.

Lookin` To Rock Rita by Benefit 3.37 out of 5 based on 115 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Benefit Lookin` To Rock Rita fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Benefit Lookin` To Rock Rita, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lookin` To Rock Rita by Benefit. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lookin` To Rock Rita by Benefit represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.