Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Maybe Baby Benefit for women

Maybe Baby Benefit for women
dislike

Maybe Baby Benefit for women Pictures

Maybe Baby by Benefit is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Maybe Baby was launched in 2003. Top notes are white ginger and apricot; middle notes are cyclamen, litchi and bergamot; base notes are peach, white musk and poppy.

White Ginger Apricot

Cyclamen Litchi Bergamot

Peach White Musk Poppy

L
Floret

Maybe Baby Fragrance Reviews

PerfumeWhore
PerfumeWhore

The Benefit Bathina Body Mist aka 'Just Confess You're Obsessed' smells exactly like this perfume by Benefit as well: Maybe Baby.
Thought I would share this info for those who may be wondering ;)

Meggers McBeast
Meggers McBeast

This was the only perfume I wore when I was 18. My best friend and I went on a spontaneous road trip, and when I sprayed Maybe Baby in the hotel room she said it was, "like, the best smelling perfume in the world."

She was right!

dkny27
dkny27

Very peachy, nectarine sweet! Not gourmand-y sweet; rather juicy, watery, florally sweet. Reminds me very much of Jennifer Lopez Love & Glamour, due to the nectarine.
It's a safe scent, but also has a fun, young, flirty quality. Baby also radiates a few inches off of the skin to remind you it's there with a fruity freshness. It's a mood pick me up and seems very appropriate for warm weather.

jewel.wido
jewel.wido

By look you could guess that this would be a sweet soft rose fragrance. In reality it is just pure gross, obnoxious pear. What a terrible purchase that I'm regretting, ugh wish I could just get rid of this thing!

Well if you like pear... you'll like this...

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

This is akin to Ralph by Ralph Lauren in that it is an inoffensive, feminine fragrance. Maybe Baby is not earth-shattering in its bouquet; the scent is bright and relatively linear. I would say the peach and apricot dominate the other notes. While the perfume is decent, the longevity is pretty poor. I can't smell this on my skin about 2 hours after wear. There really isn't anything terribly inventive or compelling about this fragrance, yet there's nothing to dislike about it either. Pleasant, albeit boring.

joan100
joan100

I was testing this at the Benefit counter today and and straight away the song called ''Call Me Maybe'' by Carly Rae Jepsen came on! It was a very strange coincident indeed seeing as the fragrance is called Maybe Baby! I was also surprised by this scent! Seeing as it is a pale pink colour in a cute bottle I thought it would be sweet and gourmand (how amatuer of me!) but the actual smell is very reminiscent of fruity florals from the late 80s and early 90s.

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

A less expensive twin sister to Annick Goutal Petite Cherie!

All peaches,Roses and pears.

Sweet,intoxicating and lush.

eomo1992
eomo1992

Love it!!!!!!!!! Sweety, lovely, fruity especially I can smell of peach... It lasts not short.

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

Got my bottle of this today which was a total blind buy based on good reviews on lots of websites - also I fancied a juicy peachy scent. So, first spray and - whoa, loud, sharp, fruity (I'm thinking this could be a big mistake) PEAR DROPS!!!!! That is how it smells to me right now. Not keen on the initial blast. So I go about my day, sniffing occasionally, this feels familiar, maybe I know someone who wears this or it smells like something else........its getting peachier, softer, maybe with a little soapy apple. It reminds me a bit of Clinique's Happy but without the headache inducing high note that Happy gives me. Also similar to Jo Malone's Pear & Freesia scent but softer (to me). After an hour or more I am left with a peach skin scent which has that true slighty bitter peach/apricot stone note that I really like. Not sure it warrants the many over zealous reviews though. I shall try again over the next few days before I make final judgement.
Update: After 3 days I have decided that this really isn't for me - there's not enough about it that I like, the base (which IMO is the best bit) doesn't seem to last long on me & I feel I have to 'endure' the top notes which for me are too harsh :( I'll stick to my California Star Jasmine which is so much more natural smelling & easier to wear :) x

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This review is for the vintage 2003 bottle of Maybe Baby.
This perfume is nothing like the cheap reformulated synthetic fragrance that Benefit deemed acceptable to resurrect after countless requests by loyal die hards. They should have let people dream of the perfume that it was and be happy with their memories.
This is just beautiful! It opens with juicy fruity apricot and a blast of spicy ginger, the heart is floral, fresh and delicious and the finale is an orchestra of gorgeous peach, flowers and a touch of musk.
Why oh why do they have to turn a masterpiece into an olfactory mishmash of cheap synthetic notes fit for 12 year old teeny boppers?
Longevity is amazing for an EDT as it lasts for hours,
Silage is just enough to be noticed
I shall savour each and every drop of this rare gem and shall mourn its passing when it is finally gone.

limbaeck

Really like this one, perfect for spring/summer time and the office...I personally find it very original, I have never tested any other fragrance that would remind me of it. It is sparkling, fresh but not too fresh not to sweet but fruity...it makes me think of a glass of champaigne on a breezy summer evening. I completely agree with the ladies saying that it is a shame that there is no more lotion, because that one was indeed better than the parfume itself and lasted longer. Benefit makes some sort of body balm now called Bathina that smells pretty much the same, although not as strong as the lotion, I still enjoy it though, maybe you ladies can give it a try

beckym186
beckym186

I love this perfume. I am 19 and wanted a light perfume for every day office wear for summer. It is so well priced at £19.50 and binds really well to my skin.

I have acidic skin and some perfumes turn into a horrible synthetic or mildew smell after about and hour but this sits close and when I hugged my friend she said I smelt amazing.

I am a sucker for lily of the valley as well as other signiture femminine, soft notes.

The perfect summer pefume

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

I spotted this at Sephora today and Maybe Baby was housed in a rectangular-ish glass bottle that doesn't resemble the one pictured here. I thought it was a different fragrance but I can't find anything else from Benefit that looks like it.

Anyway, on my skin, this is a more floral than fruity scent. I detected only a mild whiff of ginger for several short moments - nothing like the spicy ginger in Bvlgari's BLV.The yellow-smelling florals are truly overpowering. It smells a bit like osmanthus tea to me with a touch of sunscreen, for some reason. It's not unpleasant, but there's something synthetic in it that made my head a little woozy.

Overall, a pleasant girly fragrance. Soft/moderate sillage. Longevity ~3-4 hours.

Price: $54/100ml at Sephora, Singapore.

solnyshko
solnyshko

hello girls, i am searching for perfume to get for my gf and i loved how this bottle looked and the name also related to her (coz shesusing may be a lot) :)) so i need ur help about picking this or no, her signature is D&g no 3 and also aqua di gioia , do u think this one wud be too sweet or i shud go for it??

pickletastic
pickletastic

Jenny0057 I completely agree - discontinuing the lotion was such a shame. It smelt nicer than the perfume and lasted longer too... Fruity but not sickly sweet [perhaps, as hbomb9410 mused, the bergamot, ginger and cyclamen do indeed prevent an attack of the cloying notes] in no way natural smelling but extremely smoothly blended and pleasing nonetheless. There is even a weirdly zingy note to it which further prevents it being over-sweet - again the ginger and/or bergamot? However, I feel about this as I do about their only-average makeup and rubbish skincare products - overpriced for too little payoff. I would worry about artificial chemical musk odour overload if repeatedly sprayed but if you dislike the domination of citrus, floral/herby or ozonic notes in most colognes you might consider this as a warm weather alternative due to the skilful way the bergamot and ginger are blended with fruity aspects. It's certainly nicer than the Body Shop body sprays which on me all dry-down to a horrible chemical fug.

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

Such a sweet, girly fragrance, but it has no longevity to speak of. I think the ginger, cyclamen and bergamot keep it from smelling like candy. It's pretty affordable, so I just use it as a body spray.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

I am so glad I was able to get my hands on a bottle recently. I've been smitten with it for several years but wasn't sure I could commit. It is a very ladylike fruity floral that has a heavy hand of lily of the valley-ishness that can be mistaken for simple.Truely a complex blend of unique flowers like cyclamen (which I tend to be a pushover for) and litchi and apricot turn this into a girly cocktail of mischief fit for girls between 20 and 30 something.

Hallon
Hallon

Bought it because of the good reviews. It is not bad but it didn´t smell as good as I thought. Lemons and florals but nothing special. It doesn´t stay very long, but the base notes are sweet and not musky in a man perfume way.

Jenny0057
Jenny0057

I ADORE this scent. I bought it when it first came out and have had a bottle in my collection ever since. There's something so fresh and seductive and sweet and flirty all at once. A perfect pink scent. I hate that they only sell the smaller bottles now, and I HATE that they discontinued the lotion, because the scent does not last long (its only flaw, IMHO). I keep searching for a good lotion to layer with it to increase the apricot notes. I actually was layering it with vanilla for a while and it smelled lovely, but I get tired of the gourmand scents too easily. I NEVER get sick of Maybe Baby, though. I can't smell it without smiling.

jillianin
jillianin

It is girly, gentle, soft smell. It just gets what it says maybe baby. I have no complaint for it, just hoping to find a similar adorable scent that will last longer.

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

I went through a whole bottle of this in my early/mid twenties, and I loved it.

I never got a really fruity smell from it, I thought it just smelled fresh and clean, and I would douche myself in it before leaving the house. Now that I see that some of the notes are peach and apricot (yum!) I can understand why I liked it so much.

Used to get so many compliments, I can't believe I have forgotten about it!

tareana
tareana

One of my favorite perfumes- soft, feminine, and not overpowering. I get compliments whenever I wear it. Additionally, its a fair price- I don't think the $30 range is unreasonable. I wear this almost daily. (When the lady at the Benefit counter told me they were discontinuing it, I bought all the stock they had of it, I like it that much!)

aimeesaraamy123
aimeesaraamy123

oh my I had no idea this was still going! my older sister had this when I was a young girl... My mum and I never liked it its far too strong my sister still actually has the bottle and a bit left of course it smells horrible now though...

Aspendina
Aspendina

the notes claim that this is loaded with fruit but wow i got a straight floral that was over whelming, way to much floral here for me.

limbaeck

Confirm. I bought it yesterday in Edinburgh. Unfortunately I couldn't find the body lotion.

Shahz
Shahz

Not true Manevitt. I bought it here in the UK from a well known department store just a few weeks ago. Very well stocked. Only the packaging has changed, and you can only get it in 50ml.

username101

Benefit did not discontinue this perfume. They only changed the bottle and size.

JaneCandy
JaneCandy

I bought this scent when I was in a rush after just sniffing the tester bottle. On the tester bottle it smelt really fresh, which is the kind of fragrance I usually like, but when I wore it all I could smell was very strong peach which reminded me a little of air refreshener. However, everyone complimented me on it and my boyfriend loves it. I am very undecided on this scent.

Tovah
Tovah

This reminds me very much of Antonia's Flowers Floret, although it's definitely thinner and weaker. Most likely I would like Maybe Baby more if I'd never owned Floret, but, because of this, Maybe Baby smells like something it's not. It is very, very pretty, though.

username101

On a side note, none of the perfumes made from the brand ever matches this one. I really tried to like the other ones, but they're not even close in many aspects.

username101

Very pretty, charming, flirty yet coy scent. I have the original bottle and love everything from the design of the bottle, cap, scent and the color of the juice. I love it because it especially reminds me of my favorite city - San Francisco. It also makes me think of black and white romantic comedy movies and feel nostalgic about the times when those movies were made. My only complaint is that the color of the juice discolors too fast.

remas1
remas1

this scent smell so fresh and clean , i love it just i want to say sooo girlish scent

This smells like pure lily of the valley on me. Interesting because it's not even listed in the notes. I wish I got some of the notes here instead. This is too linear for me, and too close to being like air freshener.

pbandabby@gmail.com
pbandabby@gmail.com

i wear when i want to smell super fruity, i get ginger and peaches, nice.

To me this is a light artificial floral with no real ups and downs. It also didn't stay on my skin long.

Went onto my skin as pure muguet, drying to fruit, but there's no edge to it. The notes are slighly artificial and it's very sheer and linear. No sillage, no presence. Probably fine for a work day if you can get past the artificial notes.

Smelly Mama
Smelly Mama

I haven't been lucky enough to own this before it was discontinued, but was lucky enough to test it a while back. Just a TEST :( LOL BUT I just bought an AMAZING dupe on etsy (handmade site) and I'm in LOVE. The dupe actually smells nicer from what I remember of the real thing. My hubby, and even my young son's love it too! lol

I really like this one. It's a very interesting fragrance because the base contains peach. While this is a peachy, fruity scent, it is not peachy and fresh in the way that Annick Goutal Petite Cherie is. I would say this scent seems warmer and richer because of the musk. It's relatively light and I think it's a good pick for day/night or warm/cold. A versatile scent.

I can't stand and can't wear Tresor. This is a much better alternative.

floof
floof

The first perfume I ever got- Its warm and fruity with peach and ginger notes that are pretty subtle and inoffensive. I agree that it smells a lot like L.A.M.B. Although I am only 21, my taste in perfumes has matured and I think I grew out of maybe baby a long time ago. This is not to say that it would not be age appropriate, I just have been exposed to many high end perfumes now that are worlds better than this. I am not trying to diss maybe baby or its fans, this perfume will always have a special place in my heart as the first fragrance I ever bought

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Maybe Baby is a girlish charming scent. Ginger vs. the delicious litchi, peach, the apricot, not very sofisticatied but do have a certain kind of oomph.

It has an airy quality which makes it never fades too quickly on skin. Longevity is beyond imagination, I can still smell it on my coat sleeves on the second day.

If you want to smell like a nice tender girl, give it a shot.

lilygreen
lilygreen

I'm new to Fragrantica but had to write in my two cents on this fragrance. I always got compliments whenever I wore it! I can't describe notes and such as eloquently as other users on the site, but considering Maybe Baby never gave me a headache (but got me compliments) it's a winner. I love the Benefit brand...both makeup & fragrance.

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

I first smelled Maybe Baby, in Parkson's Grand dep store in Kuala Lumpur,and it was sooo fresh, but soft in the same time, i just had to have it,,although I saw afterwards that's there is no apple in it, on my skin smells like apples and cream,, wonderfull fragrance for the summer mornings you want to wear white light clothes(I am greek, as you know,during summer, everyones wears almost total white!!)

Mareseis
Mareseis

I love this! It's warm, fresh and cozy at the same time. Too bad the staying power is so poor.

rachellkimb
rachellkimb

Not bad..reminds of L.A.M.B. after the drydown. Not enough to buy though. I prefer B-Spot.:-)

Malibu
Malibu

I’m on the fence with MAYBE BABY.

It’s feminine, light & easy to wear; it can be worn to work, on the weekends with jeans & for evenings out.

On first spray there’s a sharp note of ginger, I really like it. But I can’t identify the mild floral notes at the heart. The base is sweet & warm, thanks to the peach.

The staying power is pretty good. Also, the price is reasonable.

But, good points aside, there is nothing about MAYBE BABY that ‘grips’ me & would make me want to buy it.
It would be a good choice for a gift, as it’s not disagreeable & it is good for all ages.

Floral, very fruity with some ginger, it smells ok, quite pretty, but quite common, loud and boring after a while.
It's a girly scent, only more grown up than other, pushed hard by Benefit like all their stuff.
It has some quality that reminds me a bit of Tresor and a bit of Agent Provocateur. Strange! I has to be something related to fruit or over mature fruit that smel almost rotten and give a weird half-dirty edge to the fragrance. Must be that one to get compliments! I like to wear it only sometimes. I got compliments too for it, but I don't like it enough to make my own scent.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

When I first purchased this I thought to myself: oh no. I'm a fool for letting the SA trick me into buying this. But I wore it out dancing several nights and I was surprised to see how many compliments I received about the perfume. It was quite nice, really. I mean, at first sniff, I thought the scent was ok...because there was a note in there that I did not recognize until now. (It was the ginger. I had never smelled ginger in perfume before). There was nothing special about it to me. Apparently there were men who thought otherwise.

When I moved away from home, I left the bottle with my mom. I recently went back to visit her and realized that she still had it, but it was half gone. I used it the whole time I was there (in Hawaii). Now I think it's sexy. Young, hip, sexy, and surprisingly alluring. It sparkles to me and almost makes me feel like a bad girl. *wink* I definitely get the ginger...which brings a somewhat exotic appeal to the fragrance. It's warm and spicy and makes me want to say "Meeeeeoow". I don't usually like the smell of apricot, because to my nose, I get an indescribable scent that I just refer to as "stink"...but in this perfume, it actually adds to the sex appeal. I love it. The bergamot and the lychee, I think, create that wonderful sparkle, and the musk makes me feel confident. I think this fragrance can make you seem more confident than you normally are, but that's definitely NOT a bad thing. The scent lures your "prospects" in, but it's up to you to decide what you want to do with them (IF you even want to do anything with them at all). The name of the perfume is perfect: "Maybe baby..."

Maybe Baby by Benefit 3.89 out of 5 based on 276 ratings and 48 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Benefit Maybe Baby fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Benefit Maybe Baby, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Maybe Baby by Benefit. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Maybe Baby by Benefit represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.