Designers » B » Oriental « Groups

Colors de Benetton Benetton for women

Colors de Benetton Benetton for women
dislike

Colors de Benetton by Benetton is a Oriental fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Bernard Ellena. Top notes are egyptian sage, neroli, french hyacinth and israeli basil; middle notes are passionfruit, tuberose, pineapple, peach, jasmine and bulgarian rose; base notes are civet, opoponax, chinese patchouli, cedar, madagascar vanilla and oakmoss.

Egyptian Sage Neroli French Hyacinth Israeli Basil

Passionfruit Tuberose Pineapple Peach Jasmine Bulgarian Rose

Civet Opoponax Chinese Patchouli Cedar Madagascar Vanilla Oakmoss

Noa Noa
Surreal Garden

Colors de Benetton Fragrance Reviews

rakkoma
rakkoma

I just got a bottle of this the other day as a blind purchase, and I'm in love with it.

First impression:

1. Spicy and & sporty
2. Sweetness that so perfectly balances #1
3. Confidence

This makes me feel like a teenager despite never having worn it in high school. I also feel like I'm in the 90's (really makes me want to listen to My Bloody Valentine).

The only fruity notes I get smell more like berries on my skin. It's magical.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

The original Colors in the clear bottle was one of the first perfumes I owned. My collection has increased dramatically since then but I still find this to be the best hot weather perfume I know. Its a classic cologne-y opening and a pleasant vanilla/woods dry down. I can't think of any way in which its terribly special but it's really well done and pleasant, refreshing, light and yet persistent. I recommend seeking out a bottle of the original if you are looking for an inexpensive truly unisex summer perfume.

Rosalind34
Rosalind34

Sadly, the green bottle Colors has been reformulated since the lovely one that launched in the 80s. The notes are somewhat similar, but the resemblance is weak. Colors from the 80s had a very distinct Woody Oriental scent that was highly unique. They've eliminated those unique notes that made it fantastic and have mellowed it to be like other dime a dozen fragrances on the market. Also, the sillage on the original was amazing. This new formula fades dramatically within 30 minutes of application. I have the eau de toilette, but the longevity is like a cologne!

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

OMG, I love COLORS it smells so good I smell so much Jasmine in it and it smells DELISH. I'm in love with this scent fits great in my collection. Can't wait too wear this out for the first time... Lovely fresh clean smell.

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

My mom got this after i got the men's version. All I ca say is wow! This is one nice smell. Very light and fresh. I get a very nice powdery peach out of the shower smell. I wish the men's version of this was as good and it still is pretty good.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

I remember this from 90s very powerful and lasting, beautiful combo of sporty frag, same bottle but different frag it is now, diluted and unrecognizable

Rosamelia
Rosamelia

This was the first perfume I ever had :) I liked it, but didn't love it as a few perfumes I've smelled afterwards. Smells clean and nice.

mrsames77
mrsames77

Wore this in middle school!!! I remember loving it but can't remember exactly what it smells like..

mandiemag
mandiemag

I found this at Marshalls years ago and was so thrilled...this was one of my go-to scents as a teen and I still love it. HOWEVER, as I'm sure some of you know, it was very watered down and old smelling. :( SO disappointed. Same went for the Colors for Men they had (My husband loved it too). I'm hoping the bottles on eBay are better. This not only smells wonderful, but that bottle holds so many memories for me. Much like the ubiquitous Liz Claiborne. I got tired of it back then, but now I love to wear it! It takes me right back to the late 80's - early 90's. :)

Colors de Benetton is a very unique fragrance. It's green, it's sweet, it's fruity, it's fresh, it's slightly powdery.
The vanilla has sort of a "crusty" feel to it that you might recognize if you've tried Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee. This is accompanied by a lot of sweet basil, pineapple, peach and tuberose. It kind of sounds like a mess, but in reality it's quite nice.
I do smell civet in it, but only in the opening. It's not fecal, just slightly musty.

AlwaysAlishe
AlwaysAlishe

This perfume is like a first love for me. I came across Colors in high school and I wore the heck out of it for many years. My chemistry reacts very well to the patchouli and vanilla notes in this fragrance and I definitely got a very positive male reaction when I wore it. I took a break from it for a while because I wanted to expand out to see what other scents I could find. However, I always look back fondly at Colors and from time to time? I take it out and splash it on just for fun. Unfortunately, the more current formulation is not the same as the original. Thankfully, I still have a bottle of the "good stuff" around.

stardust808
stardust808

EVERY time i wear this i get compliments on it ...and you should see the look on peoples face when i straight faced say it's benetton! lol...kind of a shame that this doesn't get the credit it so rightly deserves...it's a love for me and i never stutter to say what it is i'm wearing when asked...just fabulous

Dragon St Charles
Dragon St Charles

This is really just an excellent fragrance that is a steal for the quality IF you buy the vintage version. It can still be found reasonably and is a simply beautiful oriental aromatic. The tinest dip in temperature has me reaching for it. It reminds me very much of Todd Oldham EDP but is easier to come by. Very long-lasting. Good silliage. NOT what one might expect from Benneton. Very sultry and womanly and warm. Look for the clear glass bottle with the word "Colors" painted on each side in a different color. The bottle pictured above (green bottle) is the castrated version and does not share the warmth nor the depth of the gorgeous original.

Lara517
Lara517

evesoho's review actually brought tears to my eyes. This scent reminded her of her father and that is so very sweet, indeed! Just his cigarette scent was missing for evesoho.

Scent is tied to memories so closely, I find that just fascinating. Every time I smell Aliage my mother instantly pops into my mind, she died way too young and I still miss her.

I've just ordered Benetton for Women, on a whim, without even testing it first. I keep getting in trouble by doing this, as I don't like the scents.... usually. Hoping the vanilla isn't the strongest scent in this edt. Not my favourite smell.

Lovely site and lovely women! Love this place!

Lakambini
Lakambini

This review is for the vintage version, in the clear angular bottle with the word “Colors” written in red, blue, green and yellow on each side. It opens very aromatic-herbal, with a decidedly masculine, retro/old school twist, which I attribute to the presence of the oakmoss. If I didn’t know better, I would say this was in the style of Jean Claude Ellena of Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee fame --- as it turns out, the fragrance was designed by his younger brother Bernard.

After a time, Colors attains a resinous warmth, with a strong note of vanilla, before vanishing from the skin. It smells more expensive, more classic, than one would expect from a youth-oriented boutique with a sporty image, and it is certainly in keeping with the 80s notion of the powerful yet sensual woman -- big hair, actively striding poses, dark, expressive eyes.

ChrisInBrooklyn
ChrisInBrooklyn

This is one of the perfumes I buy for my Mother, who doesn't really like "perfumes." Colors is a classic, and always light, fresh and crystalline. It is dynamic without being overtly complex, and is really very energetic in feeling. It is youthful, without smelling like candy, or like it should be worn by a 15 yr old girl. My mother of 70 yrs + wears this and suits her casual and vivacious nature. I love it on her! It is herbal, vanilla, light fruity floral goodness!

Another great one, that is similar in feeling (but does not smell the same) is A Scent by Issey Miyake. It's also fantastic light, fresh and green everyday scent...

binnur
binnur

it's lighter and softer version of benetton energy for woman...it has more herbal, and a litle masculine but i think it has a lot of same speciality with the benetton energy.. and sometimes ; benetton colors remind me of salvador dali's perfumes.. i sprayed it, after 10 minutes ago it gave me headhache. NOT GOOD AND NOT BAD PERFUME, Suitable for autumn.

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

I have no idea how this is different from the original formulation. I can't even imagine how that would smell because I just love this fragrance. Love it unequivocally. It's fresh and herbal and sweet. Long lasting. Just one spritz and I catch whiffs of it, changing subtly each time.

I've wanted something exactly like this for a long time now- feminine but not flowery or fruity sweet. I'm so glad I found it!

EDIT - not much sillage. It lasts long, but is very very light after the first 30 mins

Lubylikes
Lubylikes

Oh, to turn back time! 1990. I was 17 and had just moved away from home to go to art school. Everyday, my friends and I would walk past Myer's window with the factice bottle display and drool over what we could not afford: Lou Lou, Beautiful, Tresor - all far too sophisticated.

My mum took pity and bought me Colors which was a world away from the Jontue I had been wearing! (In my small country hometown you had 3 choices: Jontue, Enchante or Avon and in all likelihood you had been given Jontue or Enchante as a birthday present, the female equivalent of the Brut giftpack). Now you see why I was drooling over a department store window display! ;-)

From the start, Colors was a bit of a strange fragrance for the times; the herbal/cedar of top notes could be a little astringent but it dried down to a fresh, fruity floral given a bit of sex appeal from the patchouli and vanilla base.

It was perfect for a mysterious young woman to carry off with confidence, not to sweet, not too light, not too dark, not too sensuous. And baby men, who were all wearing Jazz and Drakkar Noir, loved it too but I don't talk about that!

perfumecritic
perfumecritic

There are indeed two versions of this fragrance: the original pre-formulation and the later reformulation. While the men's version has largely stood the test of time and reformulation, the new women's version is nothing like the original.

So if you are looking for the original colors, in the clear glass bottle with the word colors written in different colors on the sides of the bottle, you can still find this on eBay for a mere pittance! So far I've scored three bottles all for less than $30 total. Today I just purchased another bottle for $9.99 shipped! So for those of you who are looking for the original, by all means go scour eBay and look for the clear glass bottle: you will indeed find many many of them for real bargains.

evesoho
evesoho

This was my first real perfume! I was ten years old, and the ads blew my mind. I thought they reflected "real life", since I grew up in a multicultural city in Ontario. I thought the graphic on the bottle was really cool, too, because each of the letters were a different colour, a youthful design, but the type wasn't childish!

I wore this perfume for three years, sparingly though, because it did remind me of something more clinical than a perfume. The scent was exciting and cool, but it was *one* smell, like a hairspray or another product. I had been given Shalimar as a hand-me-down (although I couldn't wear it because I was almost fearful of its complexity) and I realized there was no comparison.

This was a perfume, though, that I loved sharing with my friends. I would douse them when they came over! An interesting thing happened with this perfume; hugging my dad goodnight each night I ended up liking how it mingled with the scent of his cigarette smoke, to the extent that over time I began to miss the "missing" note throughout the day. It was a sweet perfume; not sweet in a babyish or cloying way, but in a fresh cut and confident way.

I apologize for the duplicate post below. I tried deleting it to no avail. For some reason I was logged out when I pressed "edit", so I logged in, and there it was, posted like that. I wanted the review kept in my profile, though, so I had to repost.

I wore this perfume for three years, using it sparsely, because it did remind me of something more clinical than a perfume. The scent was exciting and cool, but it was *one* smell, like a hairspray or another product. I had been given Shalimar as a hand-me-down (although I couldn't wear it because I was almost fearful of its complexity) and I realized there was no comparison.

marasmomma
marasmomma

Wanting to purchase for the sake of nostalgia, but what I am getting from the reviews is this is not the perfume of the late 80's early 90's. I remember my bottle was clear with the word Colors written in different colors on the the sides of the bottle. Please tell me there is the orginal scent out there somewhere that hasn't been reformulated!

aqua76239
aqua76239

I smelled it for the first time back in early 90s-I was in the nightclub and when I went to use the bathroom, I saw a girl pull this out of her bag and spray it. I remember thinking"oh, thats nice"-I remember it being as a soft floral oriental leaning toward oriental. Never got it because it wasn't quite my cup of tea(or so I thought).
Fast forward to this weekend when I spotted a large bottle of it at TJ Maxx for $10 so how could I pass it up?
If I just went by what my nose was smelling, I would have never guessed that there is anything herbal or green there at all. Its a linear scent, in my opinion, and smells pretty much the same from start to finish. It must be the herbs that give it that fresh initial burst but almost right away I get vanilla and patchouili. My nose is very fine tuned to tuberose but I can't smell it at all in this scent. Neither can I smell any fruit notes no matter how hard I try(kind of dissapointed on that one). I guess the best way to describe it as fresh vanilla/patchouli fragrance because I can hardly smell anything else.
My only dissapointment that this scent doesn't project well and doesn't have much siliage. I sprayed at least 4 sprays in several spots I can only smell it when I sniff my wrists closely. It does lasts, it just lays very close to the skin. It lasts about 4 hours on me and my DH could only smell it when he hugged me. I like a lot of 80s and early 90s scents so I am not dissapointed in this blind buy. I just wish it was a little "louder", lol!

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

I enjoy this herbal/sweet composition. It is rather unisex, but I like a Cologne-like note and have several such. I sprayed some on and had a friend sniff it, and he said it suited me. I agree that the nose was a genius to have made these notes work so beautifully together.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

i had a put in an order for perfume and could either pay for shipping or add colors to my list and get free shipping.
well of course i added this in and planned to give it away.
already i had preconceived ideas about this. cheap/8O's/tacky.
i forgot i even had this...so i pulled it out of its box, curious to test on this cold dreary day.
this is really unique and pleasant!
as for the scent--vanilla. immediate sweet, familar comforting vanilla.
second--pineapple. un,mstakeable, tropical fruity pineapple.
and then the green herbal basil. thats the kicker the unique strangeness ellena has the midas touch with.
to conclude--it will not be donated lol. it manages to be fruity and sweet and also green/herbal. ellena is a genius and makes it work.
a final note--this does remind me of dali laguna for women.
i like this a lot and will spray without abandon. : >

cinema1974
cinema1974

Have this scent off and on in my perfume collection...just got another bottle for dirt cheap at Perfumania in mall and it still smell great on me... it changes to sweet smell... but others have tried it and it turns to like a real loud smell...It strange how it reacts to others in a neg way... but yeah had friends purchase it and they smell way different... so be careful try it out first.... It is very low cost perfume made in Italy... I think even a man can wear this... In line of Unisex

amy1983
amy1983

I just got this at Marshalls for $9.99,as I've been curious about Benetton lately,so I decided to pick this one up. It's quite strong. It's herbal,woodsy,almost piney. It reminds me of walking through a dark forest. It's a little Vick's Vaporub,but I like that smell. And the dark green bottle compliments the green scent perfectly. This could easily be marketed as unisex,I think. Though I do own many,I wanted to get away from celebrity scents for a while. Try something different.

Malegria
Malegria

I feel the consequences of reformulation and weep for the old funky scent, a green watery herbal tuberose that a teenager could wear without looking like she is trying to grow up too fast. This new one is not bad, but ordinary and powdery. It lost the clarity and freshness, and that little girl from the 80s now is really trying to wear that heavy padded Mom`s jacket!

I wore it several times because of AngieGCarp`s review, in subtle hope that my osmotic memory is failing me this time. I feel the outline of the old fragrance, but all the new stuff keeps piling on top.Try before you buy!

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

The reformulation of this perfume is disappointing. It isn't bad. Colors just doesn't have the depth it did in the 80's. Colors IS a very unique scent. I will put that I like it since this isn't the perfume I LOVED in my teens.

Wait a minute....I sprayed this on this morning and I can't believe it but it DOES smell as good as in the 80's! Maybe my first impression was because it wasn't the way I remembered it....oops!

I had to grab this when I saw it sold for only $12. The only Benetton I've ever smelled was Tribu, a favorite when I had just become a teenager, so I had high hopes for Colors.

I must say--Colors doesn't disappoint when it comes to originality. I've never smelled anything like it. It's very, very pleasing.

It starts out marvelously herbal, green, vibrant. This green quality lingers, but it is soon overwhelmed by many other notes. The heart of the perfume has stolen my heart! It's beautifully rich, which is totally unexpected considering the herbacious opening. I kept thinking I was smelling Panettoni or maybe hot cross buns, with their dried fruits, cinnamon, and sugared glaze. I swear I smell raisins. The heart exudes a delicious cake-like and also resinous quality that I attribute to the opoponax in combination with vanilla.

For the price, this perfume seems like a yummy Italian classic. I never got to try the original, I have the green bottle. Regardless, it's wonderful!

mak.erot
mak.erot

I had this, my friend gave it 3 years ago. For me, it's too heavy, too herbal, too balm, gaves headache. But my hubby like it. He said it's wearable to men, too.., so sometimes he sprayed it when he went to gym, or sprayed it on his pillow.. So i gave this to him, finally. longevity about 3-4 hours on him so far.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I stumbled across a bottle of this at TJ MAXX today for a really low price for a 3.3 ounce bottle and honestly could not remember what it smelled like from back in the 80's/90's. As usual curiousity got the better of me and I bought it. After opening it and spraying it on in the car all the memories came flooding back. Isn't it amazing how a scent can evoke such powerful memories? Playful, clean, bright and sweet. I remember loving this scent long ago and now I can wear it again so many years later! I love it!

Marianna8
Marianna8

It's funny cause when I smelled it out of the bottle I thought "eeeh, smells old, I'll never be able to wear this one"..
And later I was brave enough to spray it on myself - wow, it's nice! It smells a little sweet (I guess it's passionfruit) and herbal, really I imagine a modern, happy, confident girl. I like it and am happy I got it from Ross.
The staying power on me is about 3 hours.

jaxxsun
jaxxsun

I only knew one woman that wore this scent. It smelled pretty good on her. I still smile when ever I smell or remember this scent.

caffeine_junkee
caffeine_junkee

I can completely relate w/ everyone here for whom this fragrance evokes nostalgia and fond memories from decades back! I am proud to say that 'Colors' was the very first perfume I ever chose for myself at the tender age of 11 [back in the early 90s]. Being so young, I had no idea how complex or oriental this was. All I knew was that the scent made me feel so perky, upbeat, and simply happy. Sweet, fruity, and with a lot of spicy herbal pizzazz! Although it is now markedly different from what it was back then, I think this might still be worth revisiting, if only to elicit a vague recollection of the last days of my childhood when I was simpler, more idealistic, and carefree.

Jillzilla

I wore this scent when I was a teenager in the 80's, and I loved that it was different from what everyone else was wearing! It was a very unisex scent, slightly herbal, complex to my teenage nose, with an earthy, animalic dry-down that had me secretly sniffing my wrist on the long bus ride home.

I also loved the men's version so much that I ended up buying a bottle of it for myself just to have. Oh, they were sexy scents!

I haven't bothered testing the current reformulation, but I wish I still had my original bottles!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I remembered Zarah; it was unisex....through my middle & high school years the whole classroom seemed to use this frag. It wasn't bad, but it was overwhelming since it was everywhere. I remembered the fruity and green notes on this one.

KEW
KEW

I wore this perfume as a student in the 90s. It was a time of the big perfume hitters that were all far too sophisticted to wear with the then student attire of Doc Martens, Levis and baggy tops. Benetton Colours however worked. It could easily be worn by a man- you can't describe it as a feminine pretty scent. But it is very interesting and my friends all said they wanted to smell like me! It's very herbal. I don't get any fruit or flowers. I can smell is on my wrist 24 hr after spraying and it has softened. I will keep my last few drops for reminiscing on that time 20 yrs ago meeting my now husband!

Addicted2byzance
Addicted2byzance

I had this when i was in high school and decided to purchase it again some days ago after 17 years. I think something changed with the pakaging and the scent too. I am sure the pakaging had blue, green, yellow and red. Some notes were either added or removed because i am not liking the overall scent for this one. The scent is not as strong though than the previous one and smells cheap i think. Now either my taste in perfume was bad then or i have outgrown this one. But I will keep it anyway for high schools sake.

scenteena
scenteena

krmarich, once again, you nailed it. I was just going to inquire if this bug-spray-of-a-scent was still in production. Tried to use it a couple of times, but gave it up. O Happy Day when I finally tossed this one away!!

camaral
camaral

I wasn't sure about this fragrance, at first. Seems like it's one that needs to aerate by being sprayed a half dozen times or so.
Now, I absolutely love it! Not a fan of vanilla, which is fairly prominent and paired closely with Neroli, but it wins me with the herbs and moss.
The Egyptian sage-Israeli basil-oakmoss-Cinese patchouli combo is AMAZING! I haven't received any feedback on the sillage, yet. However, the longevity is significant (8 hours and longer).
I didn't wear this back in the 90's, so I'm not burdened by a close association with the original or disappointment in the reformulation. However, my BFF wore it back in the day, and it still smells familiar to me.
Perhaps users of the original could think of it as moving forward into new memories, and letting go of the past?

Frangipani76
Frangipani76

This reminds me of my closest friend during the end of my highschool era. It suits her best being a slender and tall girl, easy-going, down to earth, friendly and tomboyish. For me it is an interesting perfume since. From the top notes I remember a sharp rather sweet but herbs-like green notes, quite slightly unisex drydown. She used to bathe into this stuff during that year. I do not know about the current formulation

SS79
SS79

I just recieved this perfume in the mail.. Wanted to order it bc it reminds me when I was a teenager... The bottle isn't the same as I remember, and this version is not as spicy as the original.. but I like it!!! I went to a store that still had a couple old formulation bottles.. but it kinda smelled like it had gone or going bad.. not for me..

This is a lighter scent, a cleaner/woodsy scent.. I think it will be a great addition (an old fav) to my collection.. and a great fall scent!! :-)

krmarich
krmarich

Ah, the trendy Benetton campaign-it crossed so many borders. The one place it missed was this dreadful formula. The tuberose and jasmine clash dreadfully with the basil and sage. It doesnt stop there. Yes, it starts to resemble insecticide. Its too green and caustic.

It was rather trendy in its day and helped set the stage for the wholistic 90s. Its still in production yet has a limited audience today thankfully!

Sorry, fans!

rdharmapuri
rdharmapuri

It might be purely my chemistry but this one smells like wintergreen or some kind of menthol on me. I land up smelling like a headache balm! Turned out to be an expensive bug spray :(

Hollie
Hollie

I've used this perfume since the early nineties off and on. It's unique and strong and has a sharp, soapy smell to me. IMO it could be unisex. The scent lasts for a long time on my skin. There's a slight, powdery sweetness about it that counteracts the sharp,clean, soapiness. This might sound odd but it kind of reminds me a bit of a bar or Irish Spring.......but say you washed your body with it then slathered yourself in vanilla baby powder afterward......that's what I smell. Soft and clean.....a proven classic!

Hyponse
Hyponse

This was my first edt-bottle ever. I used this in day-time. I remember vanilla and peach, but also a kind of masculine touch in the scent.

nausikaa
nausikaa

i just blind bought this today and so far i'm absolutely happy with my 100ml bottle. i'm never gonna use it up though.

i get a sweet vanilla smoke, then a floral jasmine musk scent. its heavy and only a slight amount is needed. its different, and nice for today's cool day. i can still smell it clearly after 4 hours. i like it, especially in winter.

nerisha86
nerisha86

i really love this perfume...even though its classic., its her rare scent that makes me "me" at our hospital.

Norgirl
Norgirl

I little cry for help her. I wander if some of you reamember this parfyme only the bottle was clear glas and the script Colour was i different colors on every side of the bottle . This was my first parfyme i reamember having it in 199293. can anybody help me whit this . maybe the bottle is changed or something . It was a very jucy fresh parfyme . not like this who is more of a dark wooddy spicy . I bouht this thinking the bottle was changed . Boy was i wrong . hacve to just get wridd of it .
I`l be very happy if somebody no somthing about it . thanks :)

Lingonberry
Lingonberry

Got this perfume some ten years ago, don't wear it anymore. I remember that I liked it. It was fresh and warm all at the same time. Quite enjoyable, this was the version with the green bottle. I remember that I was a little disappointed because it didn't smell as I expected, comparing it to what a friend of mine had a couple of years earlier.

This earlier version (almost 20-25 years ago i think), had a clear glass faceted bottle, and the text "Colours" ( I remember that it was some text but not all sure of the exact text) on each facet of the bottle and the text was in color, i.e. text on one facet was red, on another facet the text was black and so on.
I believe that this early version was even better.
If comparing the two it is almost as if the green bottled version is a little more fresh or sour than the earlier.

So the green bottled one: I believe that it is a quite good scent for day-to-day wear, not offensive and not too much of anything.

As read in earlier reviews it seems that my disappointment was justified and that the fragrance has changed from time to time. Well, if they were to produce a re-make of the old one it I would enjoy wearing it again.
(Edit March 05)

cloibne
cloibne

I agree with preciouspetal and Nemia.
I smelled this in a store in '97 as my friends and I were dashing out, I had to stop and spray and smell because it had been beckoning from the moment I walked past it on entry. I remember it's being as fresh as a spritz of pure air and clean and green and slightly herby/fruity . I remember it smelling just as fresh on my shirt the next day.I liked the men's too...I think better... and smelled either whenever in a store over the following years.

I haven't smelled either recently but, as someone who dislikes WhiteShoulders and hates Dana's ToujoursMoi, I remember liking Colors. As someone whose chemistry unfortunately brings out fruits and powders and spices, thus unbalancing composition, I thought Colors smelled nicely layered and balanced. As someone who can smell something lighter like Absynthe or Emeraude for hours on herself and clothing,someone whose natural body scent is of buttery baby-powder, I say Colors was fresh and complex enough to be a nice summer or spring scent, especially on a white oxford cloth shirt a la good old Benetton :)

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

This is a lovely perfume! It is very feminine and sweet, irresistible and I think that reminds me, slightly, Femme de Mont Blanc, but Benetton Collors is tastier!

Pansylady wrote: "it is actually a little hard to categorize- it has many facets" and I agree totally.
I bought a new bottle these days and maybe it is the reformulated stuff, but I like it. First I was not sure. But now I like it and I am wearing it now. It reminds me of fennel/anise tea with a lot of vanilla. Totally feminine and gourmand. It's a soft and pleasant smell with great staying power on my skin and clothes. Thumbs up.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I had a bottle of this back in jr. high and I loved it then and still to this day I love this scent.I bought a bottle the other day and I was happy I kept spraying it just savoring this scent.It is however a little different from what I remember but I don't care it is still probly top of my list of favorite frags!Funny thing,I've never tried any othe scents from Benetton so maybe I should if they are this good!

Nemia
Nemia

Oh, I loved this perfume! My husband knows full well that I won't appreciate jewelry as much as a good perfume, so after I gave birth to our second son, a bottle of this perfume waited on my pillow. The lovely man knew that too strong perfume will interfere with a baby's sense of mum identification so he got me this light, lovely fragrance.

I wore it for quite some time - I think I had to re-buy it twice.

It is gentle, fresh, light, does not insult your nose with excessive sweetness or tartness, actually, it does not insult or attack your senses at all. It is there, it is pleasant, and it never cloys. Well, at least not on me.

I'd like to re-evaluate it, though. It will remind me of the days when my big boy was a cuddly baby.... because nothing brings the past stronger to life than a scent.

guest_toni
guest_toni

may fave 4ever... since hi-skul up to now that i am getting married.. my hubbyt to like this as well...

Jillzilla

This used to be my favorite scent in 1990. I remember it being slightly herbal, yet earthy and sweet. I loved the earthy muskiness of the base notes. It matched my chemistry perfectly, and no-one else I knew wore it. I also loved the men's version immensely.

starr
starr

i absolutly love this perfume it is so perfect for my natural body scent

preciouspetal
preciouspetal

I love it!
It smells really green and outdoorsy. It's very distinct and unique. I think it smells really lovely in cool weather, it reminds me of rain on a herb garden. Very wearable.

amelie
amelie

I remember Colors as a feminine fragrance, even sexy... something like cinnamon and pine needles, and all underlined with soft oriental notes, was somewhat mystical and very seductive. I later heard that the composition was reformulated, lost its identity, much like a lot of the market.
Just a shame, it was a perfect fragrance, and so affordable.
Nose:Bernard Ellena!Was a masterpiece!

pansylady
pansylady

Brings back memories of college days...
I wonder if this isd a reformulation? I would certainly not characterize this as an oriental fragrance- it is actually a little hard to categorize- it has many facets and is quite unique-has unisex appeal-

macris002
macris002

my boyfriend gave me this as a gift way back. I didn't like the smell at first.. too strong for my taste, plus, i easily get irritated and sneeze a lot because of allergic reaction to strong perfumes. But I had to give it a try,the scent do lighten after a few enduring minutes and only then i could enjoy the smell.

senna
senna

My sister owns it, in her it smells very good, sweet but light, in me is a little bit stronger.
So, I prefer her to wear it, lol

Be careful: this has been released in a different formulation and it is nothing like the one described here, yet it is called Colors for women by Benetton. The notes seem to be mandarin, violet and melon, jasmine, rose and vanilla and instead of a fairly unisex crisp scent it is a cloying sweet mess of fruit and vanilla. That being said, my friend can wear it and it's lovely on her. On me, it's sticky and murky. See if you can smell this one before you buy it,even at the dirt cheap price Marshal's is selling it for right now.

idash
idash

I agree with Angel....infact i gifted it to my boyfriend and he actually thought it was a mens perfume till he saw the box....perfect for men....they love it too...its subtle and strong all at the same time.

angelahta
angelahta

I think this is a unisex parfume, men can easily wear it. A little heavy at the opening, but it turns confortable after few minutes. I recommend it for everyday use, althought the staying power is weak.

cherryfairy
cherryfairy

it was a present from my mother when i was a teenager.It was very unique then i remember.I did not wear it for long however, because, when my mother was cleaning the bathroom,accidentaly broke the bottle...sigh...

Zhara
Zhara

Am I the only one who remembers that this was originally marketed as a unisex scent?

I still remember giggling over the pineapple - to my very (at the time) young early teenage sensibilities, that was scandalous - such an obviously food scent never occurred to me as something one would wear. (this was the early 80's and I was only a kid) I adored it for the pineapple, for it's unconventional brightness and lack of the sickly heavy floral and aldehydes that represented the fragrances of my mother's generation, but today it seems to lack depth. Have I gotten even more gothy as I've aged?

who knows - in any case, this is still a pleasant fruity romp.

guest_Marie J
guest_Marie J

I wore this when I was younger and I found a bottle over in NYC for 9.99 at one of those perfume stores and it is exactly like I remembered. It doesn't smell bad but I think I have outgrown it. I gave my bottle to my daughter.

tamika1girl
tamika1girl

I started wearing this in 8th grade!!! I also am in love with the male version, which is alot lighter and cleaner.

Colors de Benetton by Benetton 3.53 out of 5 based on 272 ratings and 73 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Benetton Colors de Benetton fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Benetton Colors de Benetton, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Colors de Benetton by Benetton. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Colors de Benetton by Benetton represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.