Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Tribu Benetton for women

Tribu Benetton for women
dislike

Tribu is a Benetton fragrance presented in 1993 in cooperation with Bernard Ellena. A Mediterranean breeze brings aromas of Italian violet leaf and Italian mandarin, along with Belgian black currant at the top. Bulgarian rose, geranium and jasmine from Morocco, Indonesian ylang-ylang and Egyptian chamomile settle at the heart. Base notes introduce Indian sandalwood, Haiti vetiver, oakmoss from Yugoslavia and Tai benzoin.

Black Currant Violet Leaf Italian Mandarin

Moroccan Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Geranium Chamomile Bulgarian Rose

Tahitian Vetiver Sandalwood Oakmoss Benzoin

Tribu Fragrance Reviews

NightNymph
NightNymph

if anyone has a small sample of this available to swap, please pm me. thanks!

lucille
lucille

My second baby was born on December 2015 and my mom came to visit, she left one of her blouses at my house.days later I found it - and I have this costume to smell clothes that I don't recognize as mine to know who's the owner- so I smelled the blouse and WOW... I loved the scent I was smelling, so innocent, so fruity and flowery, yet mature... I decided to discover which of my mom's perfume was it. Obviously since I'm a little girl I' very been sneefing over mom's fumes so I knew almost all her repertoire and nothing rang the bell.
OK, story short, I was obsessed with this for days, and now 4 months later, I'm visiting parents house, and here I am sniffing every single bottle, every little sample also, finally there at the back TRIBU, this "vintage" bottle.. Surprise!!! Okey, so from the bottle delicious, on my skin not so great at first, after a while, it was OK, something reminds me of Narciso Rodriguez (pink one), on clothes Nice... I don't know of I like it, I'll try it this days...
But pyramid looks so good! So unique! Love all notes, I'll search for something similar now

relativelystoic
relativelystoic

This scent used to be a hit during the 90's and my sister used her religiously. Gave me a terrible headache though - smelled liked medicine.

nordhaul
nordhaul

Mm loved it during its' time.
Wouldn't rebuy it. ...Peace...

ellenresia
ellenresia

I miss you....

MaudeScent
MaudeScent

A happy scent but also very girly. I wouldn't really wear this as the woman I am today. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that I really wore this as a fifteen year old girl and it was popular amongst peers.

It is definitely one of the most outstanding fragrances within its category (woody, earthy). I even would not describe this as woody and earthy. Like I mentioned above, happy, fruity, and fresh are terms that come to mind.

raverdudes

I think this one is BY FAR the best one Benetton has ever released. Such a shame its been discontinued...

lepalm
lepalm

Strong and long lasting! Black currant, oakmoss, vetiver and woods all day long...12+ hours. I don't catch any of the floral heart notes, just strong top and base notes making it seem like more of a fruity chypre than a floral on me.

Daniela_Beatriz
Daniela_Beatriz

I used to love this in the early 90's. Bought it in a trip to DisneyWorld and got hooked. Funny thing is mine was sort of milky, meaning that the liquid wasn't clear. It was a non alcoholic version, very weird, almost felt like a light lotion.

tubereuse
tubereuse

Wore this daily for a bit in the 90’s. Loved it then and love it now. Woody-floral and feels like happy sunshine. A friend liked this so much on first sniffing that she ran out and got it too. Good times, great memories!

sweetpatchi describes this at first as beer & wine w/flowers - that is soooo right, it is boozy! (and makes this scent so fab & somehow strangely lovable!)

EDIT > had a spritz today - think lovely fruity desert ice wine. Excellent!

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

I imagine this is the scent of a castle courtyard where grapes and different berries have been stepped on and left there fermenting on the daytime when the sun is warming them up ,some flowers here and there, something balmy and milky blends thing up and breaks the tangy smell of sour berries.Maybe some dinners occur there and the wine flows liberally.
Fiance thinks is very good...i did not expect this because all he likes is sweet and fruity perfumes.
But i can't see how i can combine this perfume with situations and clothes or seasons...it is weird as hell!

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Retrô.

ilanjo
ilanjo

Smells good, and you can still smell it the day after you used it. A nice one from Benetton!

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Loved this twenty years ago. Last year, I thought it was too strong to wear now so I left it in the bathroom as air freshener. One day, in a rush to go to work, I sprayed this. Hubby said he loved it. I had to return it to my fume wardrobe. On me, the ylang-ylang and jasmine are pronounced but tempered by the oakmoss which smells great on my skin. The only thing is that I feel the sillage is too bothersome to others.

One spray on me:
Sillage: about three feet for first two hours, a foot for next two
Longevity: about 7-8 hours
Rating: 3/5, hubby thinks at least 4

vensensia
vensensia

greatt!! long lasting parfume

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Warning: my bottle seems quite old to the point where the top notes are a bit fuzzy, I am therefore most likely reviewing a fist formulation here.

This is such a fun blackcurrant and oak moss scent that comes from a time when even smaller designer houses made memorable perfumes. I wish I had the box because I would love to read the ingredients on it. I suspect I am smelling real oak moss here. Thick and rich. The black currant note does not screech as in many other fragrances it is so well blended. A very unusual pyramid that works pretty well here. It is definitely a cold weather scent because it is strong/intense but if you have a different "style" and love a provocative scent at any time of the year, you might enjoy wearing this in the Summer. A very nice alternative to the fruity scents of today, this is an ultimate "hipster" fragrance in my opinion because it is very 90s, widely unknown and quite forgotten, but still very weird/edgy. Could even be "sultry" on the right person. Ylang makes it rich and exotic, I find most perfumes with this note to smell more serious, more womanly. The violet leaves cover the whole thing with a dryness that keeps the other strong players under control. This could easily be a fiasco without the delicate balance of tart, woods, lush florals and powder.

A real unique scent, very complex. A nice woodsy and thick vetiver base. If I was blind testing this, I'd think this was some darker offering from a cool new niche.

Scent cousin would be Keiko Mecheri's iris pourpre. Dark, woodsy, a ripe fruit note and a certain complexity and unisex vibe. very 90s but very contemporary at the same time. This is very fruity chypre to my nose. I would not call this a floral but I'm no classification expert!

KellieB
KellieB

A left turn from high note florals. It's a good scent to break up a pattern for me. I find it sooo different.
Couldn't wear this in the heat or everyday but it is wonderful in it's own right. A good value too!

sultaria
sultaria

I usually like Benetton fragrances but this perfume is not for me. I get a very harsh synthetic black currant. I love the smell of black currant but this is just not as natural as I wanted it to be. It is rather strong too, especially on the initial spray. If you are a fan of this type of fragrance, however, the silage and longevity are very good. The notes seemed really promising, but the result was not what I expected.

MzScents8ional
MzScents8ional

The first time Tribu was introduced to me was in 2000. A woman where I work wore this fragrance. It was her favorite. To me it had a sweet and sour smell reminiscent of blackberry jelly or jam. Years later I bought it very cheap on overstock.com.. Well, I noticed that the heavy blackberry smell somehow seemed more subdued. Maybe the woman at work wore the eau de parfum while I may have had eau de toilette, not sure. I also could smell a jasmine note, cheap and plasticky. To me it smelled watery, and like bugspray! It is an odd smelling fragrance and I gave it away. Just was not a great scent on me.

georgequeue
georgequeue

Very sweet and strong, yet nice! A woman I was in love with used to wear this...VERY SEXY!

daintypink01
daintypink01

this perfume will always remind me of crazy high school days.

adry-81
adry-81

I used Tribu from the very first time when I was 16 or less. And I've been using it since then, not always but there's something about this escense that makes me want it on my skyn over again. Now I'm 31 and buy it last year, and I'll buy it again! Is so unique, so spicy, makes me happy and with energy.. Just love it, love it!!

GlobalGirlyGirl
GlobalGirlyGirl

My signature in my early 20s. Beautiful, unique perfume. I remember it being spicy and sweet. The fruity sweetness appealed to my "I didn't realize at the time I had" gourmand side. The dry down was warm and rich. It definitely had an exotic, Oriental feel.

It was definitely strong and long lasting for me. Looking back, I am not surprised I chose a strong fragrance as Enjoli was my signature a few years earlier during high school.

And that bottle? Totally bad ass!

ibtisamhasandjazuli
ibtisamhasandjazuli

Benetton tribu always be with me for the past 10 years, my friends said it's my identity.
i also use another perfume:burberry london for women, Anna sui secret wish,serene by oriflame,eclat for women, CK one limited edition. but still tribu is my <3 and eventhough it's a bit hard to found it now, i never think to change it :)

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

a friend of mine had this 15 years ago and i always raided her bottle, so i ordered it, but let me tell you, my nose has matured, there is a very boozy quality to it, and i'm not sure if i could stand to wear it an entire day. maybe when i'm off work. ha

attopanimba
attopanimba

This is masterpiece from Benetton. Unique and so memorable. Friend of mine usually wear this and i love it!

smellysmellycat

I find Tribu unique and i have never come across a perfume which smells like this.

Smells clean creamy and fresh at the same time, and it's totally sexy! Makes you feel attractive.

Men like this one and i get compliments everytime i wear Tribu. To me it is the most significant and intriguing fragrance that Benetton ever made.

If you are into woody pleasant florals, which smell young and fresh at the same time, you should try Tribu.

It's a bargain in Germany and it's precious.

I love Tribu.

I have a manufacturer's carded sample of Benetton TRIBU, so I decided to give it a shot this morning. What I smell, above all, is oakmoss. There is no florality, no fruitiness, and some vague woody quality to this perfume. This smells completely unisex but not all that appealing to me.

It's basically impossible to know whether my sample has transformed or this is how TRIBU smells from a fresh bottle as well. The reviews are all over the map, so my best guess is that this is a perfume which undergoes metamorphosis as the years pass. Since I obtained my sample from a discounter, it may have sat in a warehouse for nearly twenty years! Who knows?

Anyway, this time slice of TRIBU is wearable but, again, not that appealing to me. Because of the marked oakmoss, it reminds me of chypres in the neighborhood of Jacomo SILENCES.

ggtz
ggtz

amazing! all time favorite! love it!! it's a bit hard to find though :(

persefonex
persefonex

In my 20's loved vanilla and forgot this fragrance that a friend gave me. I'm 36 now, I'm married and doesn't matter nobody else. I'm dedicated to be happy and i've discovered flower parfums. I love the violet, the jasmine and the roses. This parfum has the perfect spicy touch at first and then the jasmine glows and developes, becoming in a feminine cloud that lives in my clothes. It makes me feel the most feminine woman in Earth. With this fragrance i could be an innocent girl in a country full of white flowers. I love it so much, because isn't too much like Carolina Herrera. At the end is so sutil. Works well for the office and for a date too!!

Gabriela
Gabriela

Tribu is truly a gem in perfumery…It is hard to find nowadays, but totally worth it.

The opening is so original and creative, it starts out with a strong lipsticky accord that morphs into a dark fruity wine. I get strong benzoins in the opening and black currant, mandarin and ylang ylang following right after.

When Tribu settles on my skin, the jasmine makes its entrance and blends beautifully with the rest of the notes. But the jasmine note is subtle and not dominant, it is the silky black currant that is the star of the show here… I get no rose and violet leaf notes.

Tribu feels dark, earthy, sensual, warm, slightly woody, and even chocolatey at some point, but mostly boozy and like I said a bit waxy or lipsticky…it feels very high end to my nose, this one is daring and fearless…

Sillage and longevity are outstanding!

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

I don't know what it is about Benetton fragrances, but I always seem to feel like I can taste them when I wear them. Regardless, I appreciate Tribu for its uniqueness. It is difficult to pinpoint many of the notes in it. Characterized by a swirl of floral, somewhat sweet-but-not-quite, balmy, mossiness, this fragrance brings up a little feeling of love/hate.

I sometimes hesitate to spray it. But, after I apply Tribu, I'm always very happy I did. I think the black currant is a little bit challenging, and that is what I think of when I don't actually have the fragrance on my skin. Tribu and I are still in counseling...working on our relationship.

Scarlette
Scarlette

Bought this one a few times in the 90's....lasts great.
Chocolate patchouli oakmoss berries. Reminds me of 100% Love. Has FANTASTIC silage!

Grottola
Grottola

I was really interested in trying Tribu, because I read somewhere that Frank Sinatra wore it in his later years.

Wouldn't you know it, Tribu is unlike anything I've ever smelled before. The best way to sum it up would be "chocolate berries". Seriously. I get the tart, berry-like smell of blackcurrant paired with a strange powdery chocolate note. That's pretty much the entire scent on my skin. I don't smell any other components. Despite being pretty linear, t's very strong and has excellent longevity. Definitely a unique one, but I'm not sure if I'd buy a bottle.

LaBoheme84
LaBoheme84

I remember getting Tribu as a gift when I was about 12. I thought it was sorta sharp and loud and so didn't really like it at first, but later I warmed up to it and learned to appreciate its strangeness. I'm a bit surprised at the reviews here calling this a fall/winter fragrance though, I remember it as smelling "yellow", if the color yellow had a scent, like the yellow on the bottle. Light and fresh, yet loud. So more of a typical spring fragrance to me, and partly since I had it at a young age I think of it as a young, teen, 90s fragrance. I'm getting all nostalgic here.

secretcrush
secretcrush

My friend bought me a bottle for a belated b day gift n I still love it... For me the heart n drydown r the best parts... Naturally appealing n light yet potent...

desiliana
desiliana

Fusty and dirty at all notes !! yucksss

twillocks
twillocks

OMG!! I am going to say sorry in advance because I try to not write negative reviews . . . but this is awful. I have to agree the below review about the rotten fruit. OH MY!!!!!

samihardanian
samihardanian

خانمم عاشق این عطر است و من هم از بوی آن لذت وافر میبرم. مشابه آلیس در سرزمین عجایب وقتی این عطر به مشامم میخورد احساس میکنم در یک محیط پر از گل و گیاه و سبزه قرار دارم در حالیکه در کنارم جوی آب زلال و خنکی در جریان می باشد. از حدود 10 سال پیش که اولین بار با این عطر آشنا شدیم همواره یه شیشه از آن را در منزل داشته ایم. همسرم وقتی این عطرش تمام می شود احساس خلاء میکند بطوریکه باید در اسرع وقت آن را تهیه نمائیم. ماندگاری زیادی دارد و پخش بویش هم عالیست. من از 10 نمره به آن 9.75 میدهم

orchid_84
orchid_84

I had a bottle of this perfume in my early teens. It's just not my thing...and it never grew on me either. There is a strong over-ripe, fermented fruity smell that drowns out all the other notes for me. Basically it smells like wine and fruit. Smelling like fruity wine is definitely not sexy in my books, so unfortunately I found Tribu kind of repulsive. The tacky bottle certainly isn't adding to the appeal either.

Gigifst
Gigifst

On my opinion this is a UNIQUE scent. I love perfumes and i'm always looking for a new one, so i'v smelled lots of them, but nothing smells like this one.

I LOVEEE it, its so sexy and original. I'll always use it. Is one of my favorite perfumes.

The lasting power is very good on my skin.

I'm a gourmand and this one isnt a gourmand at all, but its definatly a MUST HAVE.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

I have used Tribu in my early twens.
I did like it because it is a happy perfume for autumn and winter.
I have not thought about it in years until in 2007 my husband bought me a bottle.
I thought "what the heck is this?!" because I felt a little too old for the frag now but then I used up the 50ml bottle over several weeks without wearing anything else in between and I really liked it.
The fragrance itself:
Lasting power is incredible on my skin.
One of only a few perfumes that I don't need to carry with me as I don't need to reapply every couple of hours.
Tribu is a real flower bomb - geranium, jasmine and ylang-ylang are prominent on my skin for a whole day.
I do not get any of the fruity top notes or the warm and woody base notes.
If I take that into account, Tribu is rather linear on me.
Heavy, complex but linear - which is not bad at all.

saprophilous
saprophilous

interesting one. black currant is definitely present and takes you through the ylang-ylang, and chamomile straight into sandalwood.. that I sort of get this interesting mineral scent... think rain after a long dry spell.. the way wet stone smells or red clay and heat. I don't think this perfume suits me, but it does have a specific earthy beauty to it that if it sounds like you probably will be your deal.

kerini
kerini

I like this fragrance a lot!
It's very unique, warm and comforting with sadly less than average staying power.

What makes it so special to me is its resin-like quality (from the benzoin) - I love that soft spicy-sweetness that's always there in the background.

The top notes are pretty much lost on me except for a subtle hint of fruitiness that lingers below the heart notes for a while.
I get geranium with a little chamomile and benzoin before they blend in perfectly with the other flowers.
Vetiver sets in rather early to mingle with the middle notes before the scent settles into a warm soft slightly mossy dry-down.

The geranium might be a little strong over a short period and Tribu lasts less than 4 hours on me. Apart from that it's a great scent.

raverdudes

Guest Snoopy, it's been ages since I last heard of Tribú Aqua Fresca. Same bottle, but in colors white and blue, and yes, way lighter than regular Tribú, indeed.

guest_Snoopy
guest_Snoopy

Dear members! Anybody know about "Tribu Acqua Fresca"? What type it is? Maby you know something about notes? It is lighter than the "Tribu"?
Thanks!

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

Starts with a strong note of pastel crayons, together with red & black tea with the raisins cooked in the tea.
In the middle I get he deepest sandalwood with a few figs, and dried fruits & tobacco, with sour rowanberry spiced up in liquor, so I guess rowanberry-liquor? This scent is **VERY AUTUMN**, the very scent of the year ending. Burning red, brown & yellow leaves, in the same color as the actual bottle! This is a very interesting "nichy"-smelling kind of perfume indeed!

guest_redsonja
guest_redsonja

I sprayed some of this on in a department store many years ago- and then went home. I was obsessed all evening and could not wait to get back to the store the next day to buy it. It is the most unique mixture of scents I have ever found. There is something earthy and primal about it. I wear it when I am feeling ultra-seductive.

kittymoon
kittymoon

I wore this ages ago and I haven't smelled it since then. I always thought it smelled like the big wooden barrel where my grandfather used to ferment fruits for his self-brewed liquor.

happygolucky
happygolucky

i just got this fragrance an hour ago. i bought this via internet without knowing how it smells and only relying my choice based on comments in fragrantica.com.

at first, it smells like a clothing shop that i ever visited several years ago, a strong woody scent, which was making me sick right away. a minute after that, the smells get better, and the italian mandarin scent starts to come out. but minutes after that, the woody scent come out again but in softer way.

hopefully i can like this scent soon, a very dramatic changes from Britney "curious" fragrance.

gaolivang
gaolivang

i never wore perfume because my skin becomes very dry when i spray perfume. i even get an allergic reaction but this was the first that didn't do that to me. my husband had suggested me trying this but it was so hard to find because we didn't know it was discontinued. finally, we found it at a fragrance shop at the mall near us and it being the last one so we bargained and got it for cheap.

overall, i LOVE this perfume!

A great deal, a very very nice perfume for such a good price! Just excellent.

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

I agree with smellysmellycat. I'm the person who doesn't like Floral scented perfumes, but I love Tribu! At first it smelled like beer and wine with flowers. But as it lasts long in my skin, it becomes seductive and sophisticated and so so beautiful. It lasts for hours. I love it! I had it when I as in High school and I still have 1 now, actually I am buying again.

smellysmellycat

I used to wear it ten years ago, i bought it again.
It smells very soft-woody, clean and makes you feel beautiful somehow. I find this fragrance quite attractive.

Reba
Reba

A friend of mine used to wear it when we were teenagers and I still remember it was unusual and fabulous! If the company decides to bring it back I will be the first to buy it. It remindas me of my adolescence.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

Another perfume which was sadly discontinued... Found it a couple of years ago in a Benetton store though but did not buy it straightaway. By the time I thought about and came back to buy it, they had stopped selling it. I am still very angry with myself for not buying it straightaway as I had been looking for it for so long.

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

I used to wear this in my late 20's and got so many compliments on the nice scent. I tried it again many years later and it didn't seem to smell as nice as it used to. It's true that the body change over the years and a perfume that used to fit us doesn't do the job anymore a decade after.

guest_Alex
guest_Alex

i gave this to my mom a couple years ago and she loves it...for me smells like putting your nose inside a box of lucky charms cereal...jejeje... and thats not bad at all! i love it its nice and unexpensive!

cnck
cnck

My best friend used to wear it years ago, it reminds me our senior year at high school...
Not my type of fragrance and I can't classify it as "floral", oriental-woody with tiny bits of floral accords maybe if we have to say floral somehow :)

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

Yes, this is an overwhelming scent. I wore this years ago-it was my signature scent! Looking back on it, I'm a little surprised that I made this perfume my 'holy grail' for so long as it is probably one of the strangest perfumes I have ever tried. All I can say is that Tribu probably kicked off my love for loud scents.

It's an unusual little perfume: It has an opening blast of something kind of dark and fruity and which must be the currant thrown in with something that smells like tea. Then, this kind of bitter geranium/rose smell steps up. When it's all said and done, it settles into a mossy almost woody scent. This one is too different and loud to be called a 'floral' in my opinion. Someone who is expecting something soft and garden-like pretty better look elsewhere!

d dolce vitta
d dolce vitta

The first time i wach this bottle i think was special but although i love oriental scence, this is very very strogn, in i have the bottle new, because i dont like it anymore. For me it is "overwhelming"