Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Too Too Pretty Betsey Johnson for women

Too Too Pretty Betsey Johnson for women
dislike

Too Too Pretty Betsey Johnson for women Pictures Too Too Pretty Betsey Johnson for women Pictures

Although the extravagant fashion designer Betsey Johnson is threaten by bankruptcy, her new fragrance still launches on the market in late summer 2012. Developed in collaboration with the Interparfums company, Too Too Pretty is a new version of the original Too Too fragrance from 2011.

The new fragrance aims at today's young and lively "it" girls and captures their free spirit, playfulness and sex appeal. The composition is described as a sparkling, enticing and boisterous blend of floral and fruity notes.

The composition starts off with fresh accords of pink grapefruit, black currant and lemon blossom, which lead through the heart of lily, golden gardenia and osmanthus, to the base of skin musk, blonde woods and whipped vanilla.

Too Too Pretty is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Pink Grapefruit Black Currant Lemon Blossom

Osmanthus Lily Gardenia

Musk Woody Notes Vanilla

Oh Lola!

Too Too Pretty Fragrance Reviews

christinavictory
christinavictory

This is almost an exact dupe for Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau so fresh, but I love it, and I kind of want to own both because...the bottles...

glambert
glambert

Very fresh, floral,and soft. Smells like a good casual fragrance for teenage girls up to 20-somethings. It's a type of average citrus-floral scent. However, on me it starts out nice and then wears down bitter smelling. Almost like there's one note overpowering the rest and throwing the whole composition off. It might just be my body chemistry though.

Aspendina
Aspendina

Smells very clean and that's it, nothing unique. I have smelled this many times from others brands over the years, very boring.

missmaggiebeth
missmaggiebeth

Although I prefer the orginal too too better this is very pretty and the bottle is super cute. This is one of the very fewer fumes with a gardinia note that isn't over powering and syrup like. I think it's a good young woman's perfume or perfect for a super girly girl just stepping into perfumes as it is more sophisticated and longer lasting than b&bw fragrances but not sugary like most celeb scents.

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

Nothing redeaming occurs when this perfume hits my skin. Do you remember Jem a cartoon singer from the late 80's??? I am pretty sure this would smell like her if she was reincarnated as a plastic perfume spewing doll. This scent went straight to discount shelves because it smells like immature baby teeth rotting from halloween candy. Not for me!

sharyssa
sharyssa

Idc what this smells like although I'm really liking too too but liking the bottle more so if I find this at a good price ill get it for the bottle they are soooo cute and after I use the perfume I'm going to save these bottles all the pretty ones I still have betseys other perfume with the pink top in the original box because her boxes have changed I can't wait to one day show my future granddaughters these perfumes because my grandmother has an old Avon collection of the pretty bottles that aren't sold anymore ;)

andabri
andabri

Too Too Pretty is sweet, fresh smelling, and a very girly scent. And I mean girly as in little girl. It smells like a very watered down version of something like Versace Bright Crystal, but with more generic notes. First it is a citrus fruity floral, then a lychee fruity floral. However, not fresh fruity notes, more like those fruity body splashes you buy from the dollar store.

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

Fresh, youthful and sweet, there's some grapefruit along with something that smells faintly akin to spun cotton candy. Not my cup of tea and not very memorable, but it's not bad.

Very different from what I expected. The bottle had me picturing strawberry marshmallows.
Overall Too Too Pretty is a very muted, softly creamy white floral + grapefruit. Lemon blossom is prominent. It's quite fresh and feminine. The citrus isn't sharp or sour.
Perfectly nice for casual spring/summer wear.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

On paper, this is a very pretty fragrance. It's light, warm and not overly sweet. I find the bottle really tacky, though. I have to try this on the skin, and may get this in rollerball form.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

This was the first scent of Betsey Johnsons that I tried and while it wasn't horrible I was expecting something much more exciting from a designer who creates some eccentric and 'over the top' fashion. Too Too Pretty has a floral citrus opening that reminds me a lot of Bright Crystal and dries down to a safe candy vanilla. The scent is safe and playful and my 7 year old begged me to buy it in the store unsniffed because of the whimsical packaging (I opted for a free sample). Too Too Pretty has low sillage and medium longevity although I have to stick my nose to my wrist to smell it after about an hour. I will not be adding a full bottle of this to my collection especially for the price of this, and probably not even if it was discounted. Based on testing this scent alone Betsey should stick to the amazing dresses she creates and leave perfume to others.

Melly26
Melly26

I love Betsey. I love the bottle and the whole idea of this fragrance. I sprayed it on the paper sample and thought it was great. Sweet and lovely. BUT then I put it on and it turned into a completely different animal. Tutu explosion! Wow, was it ever powerful on me for some reason. The sweetness didn't bother me, but the floral dry down was more than I could bear and I had to wash it off. I think it was the lily, which I'm sensitive to. I'm surprised people had longevity problems with this one, because on me it was super strong.

fobia
fobia

Too too pretty is a sweet fruity floral, perfect for spring and young ladies.
I ordered this because I was a fan of Too Too. That perfume is one of my favorites and makes me feel a bit more grown up... A step up from the fruity florals.
I guess I am a bit disappointed that Too Too Pretty is a step back... I expected something more unique from Betsey.
This perfume is not unpleasant, but it's not what I had hoped. To me it smells like a few other of my bottles (Ed Hardy Villain or maybe Skull & Roses)... I suppose it's the strawberry note that's so common.... Which is not listed here, but strawberry leaf is listed on the website.
The bottle is cute though!
And the staying power has been decent so far :)

This will sound bitchy, but I donned my sample of Betsey Johnson TOO TOO PRETTY in anticipation of my imminent bath. So, no, I was not really very optimistic about this perfume, but it's here in my possession, so why not give it a sniff? Provided, that is, that I'm not going to be locked into a compromising olfactory situation for an indeterminate amount of time. That was my reasoning. Now, having donned the perfume, should I call off my bath?

Definitely not. This is a sweet, abstract fruity abstract floral frag like a thousand others. Of the perfumes which I've worn in recent memory, TOO TOO PRETTY smells closest compositionally to Kiehl's ORANGE FLOWER & LYCHEE, but that's only because the latter is very, very sweet and much more about lychees than it is about than orange flower. However, the Kiehl's smells natural, which the Betsey Johnson does not.

TOO TOO PRETTY smells both very sweet and and highly abstract. It's not horrible, but it's nothing that I will be wearing again, and I certainly would not acquire a bottle--at any price. I probably would not wear it even if it were given to me.

This was my first foray into the house of Betsey Johnson, though I must say that I have often been tempted to purchase a bottle of her first perfume scent unsniffed. What really turned me off was seeing the chintzy-beyond-belief packaging. I figured that if they would create such a flimsy, ridiculous cap, then they'd have no qualms about filling the bottle with chemical soup.

On an unrelated note, TOO TOO PRETTY is an absurd name for a perfume--or anything for that matter. I recall when Elizabeth Arden launched PRETTY HOT, apparently because the people working in their marketing department are such dullards that they do not even know that the implied double entendre is a flagrant piece of self-deprecation. I'm not really hot. No, I'm pretty hot, which means of course that I'm not. Think of a guy talking about a woman: "she's pretty hot" usually means that she is "sort of hot".

In the case of TOO TOO PRETTY, the double entendre is supposed to relate to the ballerina garb. Is this a clever play on words? No, but it matches the juice inside, I'll give it that.

filmoyster
filmoyster

Too Too Pretty is a very generic feminine scent to me. I noticed:

- A floral scent, gardenia and lemon blossom
- Candy, sugar, vanilla
- Did not notice pink grapefruit
- Watermelon! (odd, but it smelled of this to me)
- This has very little staying power and is weak

If a pink tutu had a scent, this would be it. However, it is not for me as I am looking for something more complex.

*Headache factor is very mild: 2/10 (many perfumes give me a headache so I like to rate them for this as well)

filmoyster.wordpress.com

Sassy1
Sassy1

Grapefruit citrus top then typical vague pink girly smell.
A low grade version of Bright Crystal, Guess Gold and 20 others I can't think of off hand.

Too too ordinary.

The first Too Too is way better, with more character, Pretty is fruity, a bit generic, easily forgettable, I can't find a reason to want to wear it .pretty immature scent, no longevity, just doesn't measure up to its original. A light fruit salad that smells like it has been put together real fast. Not that it smells bad, it just doesn't appeal to me.

iLoVeTHe80s87
iLoVeTHe80s87

It smells really pretty, but the staying power SUCKED on me, no matter how much I put on myself. I received a sample of this in that Sephora fragrance sampler, so maybe since it's not the spray, i wasn't able to apply a good enough amount. But this definitely won't be the fragrance I use my "certificate" for.

jessica.rios
jessica.rios

This is fresh , clean sexy! I just love it! I smell the citrus and the whipped vanilla! This ones is a winner!! Is not overpowering!! Is just right!! :) my new sexy happy perfume!! :)

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

This is a wanna be "oh Lola Marc Jacobs with a stinky musk drydown , very fresh but very cheap smelling , pass!

Ambercorinne2
Ambercorinne2

This is an okay fragrance. It has a clean dry down on me, very feminine and soft. Reminds me of Estee Lauder Pleasures. I think that I may like it more during the spring or summer, but right now it is winter and I was looking for something more heavy and warm.

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

This perfume is way different than her first one, Too Too. I can really smell the citrus, it's very strong, but I like it. The bottle is cute, just like her last one, but pink, every girls dream. I bought this perfume without smelling it before, and I'm more than happy that I did. I think this perfume is more for woman in their 20's. You can get the gift set of this perfume 1.7. o.z. at sephora.com for $62 You also get a handbag / tote with the gift set. Also you get a 10ml rollerball. I do wish they sold this perfume at more stores. This is a great buy. If you don't like strong perfumes, this may not be the perfume for you, I would suggest to go to Sephora, and check it out.

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

My mom is getting this for me, cant wait!!! Ill let you know what I think.

Got it! Its an unmistakably feminine fragrance. The flowery fruit remains steady and cheerful but I do get mostly flowers. The second time around I did catch some citrus and something which could be similar to Ribena (black currant drink). The fragrance isn't particularly unique. It reminds me of Lulu Guinness by Lulu Guiness (only smoother), Nanette Lepore by Nanette Lepore (Nanette is slightly sweeter and has even more flowers, but both fragrances are almost identical) and other "red" smelling flowery perfumes which actually have white flowers. It also reminds me of Fragile by Jean Paul Gaultier, except Fragile makes me happier and gives me a perfume high. It is strong, but I don't know how long it'll last yet. It might give sensitive people a headache or make them sneeze. The dry-down is pleasant. You get the base notes after a couple of hours.

The bottle itself comes in a little flowery stand covered by a domed lid with a pink tassel and a lightning bolt. I suppose I could use it to store some make-up or jewelry. I think its good value and the 4 people I asked, men and women, like the smell but didn't say "that's the best thing I've ever smelled". It just smells good and my boyfriend likes it so it could even be a blind buy (which is my case) or a gift for someone. I suggest you get something else if you already have Nanette Lepore, because honestly, they are almost the same thing.

caline00
caline00

i preordered this perfume a month ago ! it smells amazing ! u won't be dissapointed like most of you were with the original too too . too too pretty smells floral and citursy with a hint of sweet fruitiness ! i love it !

Platinum_girly
Platinum_girly

This sounds like it might be really nice, can't wait to try it!

Too Too Pretty by Betsey Johnson 3.73 out of 5 based on 102 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Betsey Johnson Too Too Pretty fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Betsey Johnson Too Too Pretty, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Too Too Pretty by Betsey Johnson. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Too Too Pretty by Betsey Johnson represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.