Designers » B » Citrus Gourmand « Groups

Pulse Beyonce for women

Pulse Beyonce for women
dislike

Pulse Beyonce for women Pictures Pulse Beyonce for women Pictures Pulse Beyonce for women Pictures

Beyonce, in cooperation with the company Coty, presents her new fragrance Pulse in September 2011. Pulse is a citrus - floral - gourmand fragrance, dedicated to the favorite flower of the singer - orchid. This energetic composition portrays the excitement that she feels on stage.

The fragrance opens with sparkling top notes of pear blossom, frozen bergamot and accord of Blue Curacao liqueur. The heart features Bluebird orchid, for the first time used in a fragrance. There are also notes of delicate peony and intensive midnight blooming jasmine. The base is warm, sensual and irresistible, made with Madagascar vanilla, musk and precious woods.

The modern faceted bottle is designed to look like it’s upside down, while its blue colors evokes the fragrance inside. The nose behind this fragrance is Bruno Jovanovic.

Bergamot Curacao Pear Blossom

Jasmine Orchid Peony

Musk Vanille Woodsy Notes

Pulse Summer Edition
Fantasy

Pulse Fragrance Reviews

i really like this, but i can't love it because it literally only lasts about 15 minutes. while i really don't mind retouching my perfumes because i love the smell of freshly sprayed perfume, this one is just ridiculous. i do love the scent, it's like a sweet orange sherbet, but light not heavy or syrupy. but, the lasting power is so ridiculous that i won't be repurchasing it.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

What an amazing fragrance, the curacao and vanilla notes work amazingly well together, very warm and sweet. The woody notes worked well on my skin, and I got away with wearing it. Have to point out, it's 11 hours since I sprayed it, and I can still smell it, puts the recent premium fragrances i've acquired to shame. Job well done. I find it smells so similar to Lancome's Aroma Calm

Simkitty181
Simkitty181

I was surprised at how sweet this perfume eneded up being. I was expecting this to be a citrusy flowerbomb, boy was I wrong.

This is a very sweet vanilla drink with a sparkling citrus background. It's in the drydown stages on my wrist right now, it's a sweet, creamy vanilla with a hint of that blue curacao still lingering around.

Bought it because it was apparently discontinued...

Smells quite similar imo to Pulse NYC, it's just lacking that Cupcake note.

antswife

Smells like red velvet cake. Refreshing light scent, perfect for year round wear especially spring/summer time. Smells clean & pretty.

rockegg
rockegg

All I get is baby powder.

stayclassy
stayclassy

I hate this bottle. I have to keep reminding myself that it is a good fragrance despite the bottle. And even then im still always surprised by how good it is once i put it on. Sorry, its just a bad bottle.

The fragrance is surprisingly good. Its sweet, fruity and not to heavy. Im not the best at picking out notes but i think i get the blue Curacao, which im liking. Its different and fun. I feel like i could where this to a few different places and it not be offensive. But i do think it's more spring summer, not sure how well this would do in winter or colder fall.

poppyluv
poppyluv

First off (and this seems mandatory these days since it is necessary to separate the perfume fans from the celebrity fans when reviewing celeb fragrances) I am not a Beyoncé fan.... the artistes I admire do not have perfume lines, but I think this fragrance is very unique. I have the original and the flankers. I am entranced by the creamy orange and vanilla notes with the powdery base. Compliments, compliments, compliments... every time I wear it. The sillage and longevity is also very good. I own designer fragrances... Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, St. Laurent but I get satisfaction wearing cheaper "celeb" brands...Pulse, Rebelle, Fantasy, Can Can, Purr, Meow. I think that attempts to produce "sofisticated" creations have taken the fun out of the juice. I could be wrong...some may disagree. And FYI women over 40 like to smell girly too! If they can pull it off. Lol!

Tufinka20
Tufinka20

I don´t like this one at all :(
My mom gave me this fragrance and she was sad seeing me disappointed, but what can I do. I gave it to my friend who loves it :)

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

I tried this and the citrus opening is oh so freakin delicious :( that citrus disappears after 5 min and all im left with is a flat vanilla musk smell. would have bought it if the citrus note stayed there..

Jyllian
Jyllian

What does fragrance yesterday at T.J. Maxx because it was on sale. I'm not crazy about it. It's a bit stinky. I collect fragrances and have many this is probably in my bottom five. I don't think I will buy it again. I may change my mind I've been known to do that it may grow on me wait-and-see

happycapybara
happycapybara

This is a yummy smelling treat that is whimsical and sweet. I can share this with my teenage daughter without being too ridiculously young smelling… It is the kind of smell which you can put on and feel happy and refreshed. It is not sophisticated but it does NOT smell cheap either. It starts with a bright orange citrus blast, and over 15 minutes or so changes and the vanilla and woodsy notes in the dry down are a nice surprise. I wish that it lasted a bit longer, but the price was so low that I can't really complain. I think the bottle on this as well as Pulse NYC were just bad choices on Beyonce's part and give it a cheap vibe, however the scent itself is a solid like for when I am in the mood for a mood lifting fruity frag!!! Also, the combination of the orange blended with vanilla also has a stress relieving effect on me… ahhh ...nice. :)
FYI, For east coast girls, Marshalls has this on the shelves now for $16.99!!

Aimee1209
Aimee1209

I bought this perfume last year and it's almost gone, the bottle is ugly and it must be cheaply manufactured as the bottle is now leaking. But now the scent, it's very citrusy and I think it smells like fizzy lemon. None the less I like the sent! Last power is bad though

Sannee77
Sannee77

I could serve this on the rocks... The Curacao note is very dominant, but I like Curacao liqueur so I'm happy enough about that. However I get very little vanilla, bergamot, orchid or any of the other notes. And the sillage is weak-ish. But a nice happy summer fragrance for warmer weather, a vacation scent.

ForrealMe2

update:make sure you buy a new bottle of this stuff because i just got my order in and the bottles are from 2012 and it seems to have gone flat...this fragrance once it ages the zingy citrus no longer there..i am not happy with the order and the fragrance at how flat it is but when its fresh it is very bubbly i still smell the curacao and the florals and the vanilla but its not special like it once was and its a nice gift set..not a good investment if a product truly changes so drastically like this one in so little time..lotion is awesome though very rich and still very citrusy but it doesn't smell creamsicle to me just alot like alcohol and vanilla that gets alittle fuzzy in the end.I'm returning it.

crazy_chic88
crazy_chic88

When I sprayed this at the store, I thought it smelled fruity and florally which was nice as I like those kinda perfumes but now that I've been wearing it, it does smell pretty cheap. Although I've smelt worse perfumes than this one but it's good enough to wear it until I finish the bottle, I would wear this perfume on days where I don't want to wear my nicer smelling perfumes, luckily I only paid $29 for it. I wouldn't be buying this perfume again though.

ForrealMe2

I got to test this out originally at tjmaxx where they had the gift sets for a reasonable price. I have to admit when i first tried it i really liked it alot. To me it smelled like a refreshing zingy soda in the same lines of all the fresh scents like light blue,chanel eau fraiche,i love love and the many more...but this is gourmand sweet and way more fresh..to me it smelled the best out of all of the fresh scents..and now i know why its the Curacao liqueur. It gives the essence of an actual drink. The kool part about why i liked this was that i didn't expect anything from another celebrity scent but when i sprayed it i was caught off guard like man i really dig this scent..well i always love citrus fresh scents but i notice i really take to perfumes with liquor in them it just gives them a sparkly or sweet,denser affect. So i decided to finally get it since it struck me enough to really like it. Once i get the package in i will update you on performance but i don't expect much from fresh scents they are usually short lived,but when something just smells so good to my nose that will go right out the window! I didn't smell the vanilla everyone is talking about so i will update to see what all i get with this fragrance.I have to agree with another fragrantican below this and heat elixir are really good. I negotiated and got it for 15 Bucks for the big gift set in the hard box with the large & miniture spray, lotion and shower gel on ebay it was a cheap steal that didn't break the bank, i had to try it at least once.

rstyles17
rstyles17

Never have I put a perfume on my skin and actually gagged until the perfume wore off. This smells sickly sweet. I hate heavy perfumes and this one smells not natural at all. It's like a very sugary and strong cocktail and then put on to my skin made it smell so cheap and suffocating. Pretty much smells like a store bought spray but so much stronger. I really loved heat rush so I am not biased against sweet perfumes, this one just didn't do it for me.

ChesleyMusic
ChesleyMusic

I love it... but its not "Electrifying"

JenAtticus
JenAtticus

When I smelled this at Perfumania I thought it was awesome I loved the fruity burst that you get of the blue curacao but after wearing it for about 5-10 minutes that is gone and it's just vanilla. Boring, cheap vanilla. This reminds me of when you are walking around someplace really crowded like Las Vegas or a club and there are girls that have wayyyy too much cheap perfume on. That's what this reminds me of. Cheap vanilla. At least I'm only out $25.

Wilka
Wilka

Fell in love immediately! Bought it today! Hope to be able to wear it during our South America Summer, in the night, of course.

Miriana93
Miriana93

This reminds me of Pina Colada. At first I can smell citrus and pineapple and then it turns to milk and coconut. I just adore it! It's so sweet and I feel so happy when I spray this on. So yummy!

Psyche
Psyche

Tis is a zingy, tarty, yet creamy mandarin dream! Pulse is a great name for it because it does have a sporty, energetic feel. I only wish it lasted longer on me because it is so delicious!

pamela091083
pamela091083

I smell today this perfume and i love it, is very sweety and fruty, the vanilla note i can smell in my skin so long time, i have this perfume in my wishlist =)

Natalieanne
Natalieanne

Very fresh, citrusy and smells like you've just gotten out of a long soak in a bath... But all together a very nice everyday/night time scent

lister
lister

Tested this couple of times.Don't understand the hype.This a horrible scent,it's sticky,sweet and smells worse than drugstore 5$ body sprays. I am sure good quality ingredients were used,but I just can not imagine a female wearing this disaster.

antswife

Smells like red velvet cake. Plan to grab this one when I see a great sale on it.

I was surprised by this perfume. It is actually quite good. I like the vanilla and spicy freshness in it.
It reminds me of one of Fa's shower gels that I was using and makes me feel so homely.
I would actually wear it.

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

não sou uma expert no assunto..o que eu sei é usar mais usar muito perfumes coleciono ..dou ..até faço algumas misturas....mas falando desse perfume de Beyonce Pulse,eu tenho o que eu gostei nele é que me faz lembrar um floratta o SILVER..depois que coloco ele vai se transformando e lembra bem mesmo...

louisminaj
louisminaj

God, this fragrance just does things to me! It is a definite contender for my favourite fragrance next to A*men! It has a very original scent I think, which is given from the distinctive Blue Curucao, this gorgeous smell gives the fragrance a very strong orange smell, and this smell works really well witht the Vanilla in the base, so this smell has a very creamy yet citrusy smell, which to me, is a gorgeous mix! The bottle is also one of my favourite bottle designs, it has a very futuristic vibe to it and it feels great in your hand! I just can not stress how great this smells is, it is very inoffensive and very easy to wear. This fragrance is most definintly for the summertime, so I can not wait to use this when I go on holiday next year! Just go smell it guys, it is gorgeous! HIGHLY recommended

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

First and foremost what the heck is a "bluebird orchid"?? The orchid they have pictured in the notes is a phalaenopsis orchid, I have over 30 of this very plant, in a wide variety of colors and NOT One of them has any scent whatsoever! I used to hate this stuff, to me it smelled like toilet bowl cleaner or bathroom deodorizer. I was doing some Christmas shopping the other day and wandered over to the perfume counter, I sniffed the bottle and immediately liked it. I spritzed it on my wrist and really liked it from first sniff, it didn't smell like I remembered from last time I tried it. I really smell the jasmine and some deep vanilla, it's also a bit on the sweet side but not in your ace sweet like BS Fantasy or anything. I bought a bottle and have it on today and am really liking it, though it might make me ill if oversprayed.

Sillage: stays pretty close but can smell it around me a bit 3/10
Longevity: lasts about 5 hours on me, pretty good as my skin really tends to eat perfume. 4/10

Overall, a nice inoffensive perfume, suitable for work or just hanging around, not a very serious scent at all. Fun, young and sweet but suitable for a fun loving 40+ too! ;0) Plus the husband likes it!

arajuna
arajuna

This one is like cutting into an orange and having it spritz everywhere and then pouring curacao onto the slices of said orange, which is funny since there is no orange note listed (with the exception of curacao which is orange flavoured liquor
this orange note is quite dominating I find, and does smell a little bit artificial/medicinal, it has a kind of cough syrup twang, which might be the alcohol actually
but I don't think its an unpleasant scent at all and I do quite like it myself

I find the bergamot very clear too, it makes it kind of sweet and sour

also appears to have quite good sillage once the vanilla develops about 20-30 minutes after you spray it on

EDIT:
alright, had this on for an hour now and its started to smell like sweat

stefaniedawnn
stefaniedawnn

This is a "cute" smelling fragrance. Totally smells like an orange creamsicle at first spray & it's quite nice if you're in the mood for something sweet & fun. I really have nothing bad to say about it but it's nothing overly special either. Good for casual wear on a summer day.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Beyonce is a millionaire. She would never ever wear this lol! It smells like cheap vanilla hand sanitizer. Now I'm scared to try heat.

bindeebel
bindeebel

just not sure on this one - the bottle is confusing for a start - the lid and bottle design does not do much for me. Its a cheap day wear perfume. Its a vanilla sexy warm smelling scent to me -not very long lasting. I might even say a tad spicy. Not terrible -but not highly recommended.

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

The first time I smelled this? after a friend had an "accident" at a party, the girls spritzing this like crazy trying to cover the smell. Now anytime my friends wear this or I catch a whiff, I get sick because it reminds me.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

I just purchased the full size gift set for a fraction of the price at TJMaxx... $26.99 to be exact. Beyonce Pulse opens up with an intense mandarin citrus smell mixed with honey and vanilla. it sort of reminds me of those orange peel candies from Fanny Mae. Not bad at all on its first spray because I like gourmand fragrances especially for winter. Once Pulse settles into my skin, this is where I become a little disappointed. The citrus kind of mellows out and becomes overpowered with a woodsy, powdery vanilla. Smells cheap to me. If only the scent could stay smelling like when I first sprayed it, then I'd be a happy camper. unfortunately it doesn't, at least not on my skin. I don't think I'd repurchase Beyonce Pulse.

Sophia666

Update: So I've had this for two days and I must say that after it dries down for at least an hour, or even an entire day, it smells Exactly like Intimately Beckham!!! Strange as that may sound! Intimately Beckham is one of my all-time favourites, and one which I was planning to buy again because I missed it so much! Well now I don't have to, this amazing little treat is so multi-dimensional depending on the phase of the spray, from orange-creamsicle to grape-candy to vanilla to perfectly polished twin of Intimately Beckham. For this reason alone, I have fallen in love with this perfume!!! I sprayed it on my pillow at night, woke up to that wonderful, clean, polished, and classy smell. I give this one an A. Note: The full affect cannot be had until it dries down. Spray some on your clothes to test! Go back hours or a day later and you will behold the true magic!!!

Sophia666

I got this today on a blind buy. It is a bizarre little treat! For one thing, it is blue but it smells predominantly like an orange creamsicle, perhaps mixed with grape-flavoured candy. Also, it stands upside down~ which is unusual but impressive considering it does not leak. Definitely unique. As far as the smell goes, it is sweet like candy but with a citrus punch. I'm still up in the air on the lasting power. But there is a Hempz lotion called Citrus Blossom which smells almost identical, and when I paired them together it made for a yummy, nostalgic experience of being young and having fun on a summer day. If you like that Hempz lotion you will definitely love this. I like the vanilla sweetness which comes out on the drydown. I don't regret the buy.

Layzie
Layzie

Pulse is such a pleasant fragrance for a summer day. At first spritz, my friend and I were intrigued by the sweet, citrusy freshness. After a while, we caught a tangy creaminess from the curacao and vanilla. Es muy deliciosa!

suzan de haas
suzan de haas

Wow, this is an amazing edp! It is fresh, but not sharp headache-fresh. Within a few minutes it becomes powdery on my skin. All freshness disappeares within an hour and a powdery vanilla warm smell will stay. It is so unique, I cannot compare it to other smells. But I think it is so complex that I it would fit in the Thierry Mugler range. Very special. I think the longevity is weak, which I accept because I love it so much. Ps: such an ugly bottle!!

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

I rushed out to buy this fragrance when it was first introduced. I was so intrigued by the Blue Curacao and bluebird orchid notes! It sounded so exotic and tropical, and after reading some reviews here, I knew I had to have it. At first spritz, it's very boozy. As the sharp liquer note fades, we get a blast of pineapple and tangerine, and within 45 minutes, we're left with a "creamsicle" fragrance, a soft blend of orange and vanilla. I like this perfume because it is different, but I have to be in a "fruity" mood because the initial burst is a boozy, frozen tropical cocktail. One quibble...where is the bluebird orchid? I don't get any florals here, just sweet frozen fruits with a trace of creamy vanilla. But I do like it, and I wear it on "fruity" days. Also, I honestly cannot think of another fragrance that is similar to this. Very original and unique.

lulu69
lulu69

i just smell Grapefruit in it! a nice, original scent

tsa0009
tsa0009

Citrus scent with a nice subtle vanilla background scent. I like it!!

Purrbaby
Purrbaby

At first spritz I noticed a citritsy scent with a hint of coconut. The base notes I noticed were slight vanilla and musk. I it made me think of how tanning salon lotions smell. I liked it and the scent lasted about 6 hours, lasted thru me cleaning. I think it's a keeper, plus I like the bottle.

Thutel

tenho ele mas em mim não dura nada..uma pena...

pushya
pushya

It reminds me of becozyme C syrup for kids. Orange, sugar and weird metallic thing. I don't like it and I don't understand why the bottle is blue? It's not aquatic or airy.

kakamelia
kakamelia

My son in law wears Sportivo by Tonino Lamborghini and it is always reminding me the bowl with pot-pouri flowers we had at home when I was a child. When I tried the Pulse today I was very surprised, that it smells same as both mentioned smells. I've tried one spray on my wirst and I can still smell it. It is like curacao coctail and the first sniff was very appealing, but I am sure, that more sprays would be unbearable for me.

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

Ordinary, sweet-citrusy perfume.. To bad it's gone within an hour!

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

I bought this on a whim in my local pharmacy this summer. I needed a quick fix pick-me-up! Pulse starts off with a lovely chocolatey orange then fades to a vanilla that is very sweet. I like this but don't love it and now only have a spritz from time to time.

Update : I'm wearing this more now as it seems to suit my skin better in colder weather. Warming for Autumn and Winter!

regnflickan
regnflickan

This scent makes me think of hard candys with orange taste. Not at all unpleasant but nothing I want to smell like. Strangely, the vanilla notes are very mute on me.

edit: I thought it was strange that I felt such a strong orange bitter note in this scent when oranges isn´t listed i the note pyramid. It was first when I read about curacao that I got why it smells like orange candy! :)

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

smells awesome.. for the first 1/2 hour then only a close skin scent and gone by 3 hours..

smells like someone put a box of orange vanilla ice cream in a bowl of 7up. I used to do that at my kids birthday parties, and it smells just like that to me at least for a little while, then just a sweet vanilla, then nothing =(

Would easy have been a top favorite if it had any length.

michellehurdur
michellehurdur

Smells like orange cream candies.. and then later on it smells like an old lady..

Lasting power sucks.

Thutel

eu estou usando hoje..comprei no escuro..ainda estou me acostumando cm o cheiro...diferente de tudo que já usei..

RyeJoseph

Longevity for Pulse is insane! Seriously.. easily getting 10 hours, with a trail being left behind everywhere I walk! Pulse to me is a summer scent, so I was a bit surprised when I heard there was another flanker specifically directed towards a lighter, summer-friendly version. Pulse to me can be summed up in 3 accords: Orange, Vanilla, Powder. Most of the time, in that specific order too! I have grown to like Pulse. I'm not sure when I would wear it though, as it personally is not an everyday scent in my collection. If you love Pulse, by all means LOVE and continue to buy it! The longevity is great, if you like the scent- the silage is strong, and it's unique without being unpleasant. I honestly have not smelled anything like pulse, in terms of the combination of notes.

Spok 1
Spok 1

This fragrance is what it is as the accords say citrus, vanilla, that pretty much what this fragrance is but I do not think this fragrance is spicy at all but I do like it so I don't get all the bad reviews saying it smells like alcohol. On the first spray you do get a burst of bergamot and blue Curacao i don't get much notes after this other than the vanilla as of then the fragrance stays the same until it gets softer in the dry down, above all its nice and wearable 6.5/10

poivrerose
poivrerose

To tell you the truth, this is what I expected Guess by Marciano Guess to smell like! That one kind of ended up as a musky white floral mess on me, while Pulse actually satisfied the craving for citrus vanilla. Warm, sweet, pretty - a hint of nondescript florals that don't overwhelm the other notes. The vanilla musk essence is slightly dimensional and sophisticated. The curacao note in this is done correctly - it is more sweet orangey liquer, than bitter alcohol. I kinda wish I had bought this one instead of Guess by Marciano. One downside to this however, it IS weak. Very close to the skin after about an hour. It has depth at first but fades too quickly. I suspect you'd have to reapply throughout the day to make it last. It is really pleasant though.

bailarina
bailarina

I love this fragrance since the first time I tried it and every time I wear it, it grows in me more and more. It's feminine and charming, in a delicate way. What I like the most is the soft curacao and citrusy notes . It is sweet but it does not give me a headache. Refreshing and powdery, which I always enjoy. When I wear it I'm confident I smell very good and I'm not bothering anybody. People ask me its name to go and buy it too. I do have to say that I like powdery fresh spicy scents, so if you do too I recommend this scent. I have wore it during winter, spring and summer so far and it always smells good.

wanadib.yusofislam
wanadib.yusofislam

I love this perfume a lot as it opens with some non-boozyish blue curacao note with a burst of vanilla together with bergamot and also a hint of orchid then it dries down to reveal some soft gardenia to it but at d same time retaining the power of vanilla. It last quite a decent period of time on both skin n my cloth unlike soo many other reviewers here who find it vanishes quickly. N I love having my 100ml unique blue bottle mounting at d center of my perfume collection! Such an attention seeker!

aimeesaraamy123
aimeesaraamy123

I love this perfume it's gorgeous! I got a 50ml bottle last month and loads is already gone! It's very citrusy but it's distinctive and different which I like! It has an awful lasting power though which is a down side, I can't smell it am hour after I put it on! It's an amazing sxent though I love it!

Liebchenn
Liebchenn

Pulse became my new favorite summer perf and now sits with my Rockin' Rio and Sunset Heat! :)

I really, really didn't expect to like this so much, but I do. Pulse to me is a really well done gourmand orange vanilla for the summertime.

Sweet summer oranges mingle with curaco and some kind of exotic vanilla skin scent for this really heavenly orange creamsicle smell that I can't get enough of! The only thing that makes me sad is that like everyone else, this doesn't last longer than a few hours before its gone. Though I really think if they had made this more potent it would turn into more of a winter scent than the summer scent that it is. It would also very likely be sickly sweet and would become a real turnoff for some.

I'll continue to enjoy this during the summer...for the price and even the need to respray, I'll take a happy break from my expensive fruit bomb Escadas to enjoy something a little bit different, for a change.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Cute perfume but zero lasting power. I mean literally within 10 minutes at least on me it's totally gone. Shame as I like the scent. Why are perfumeries making such short lasting fragrances these days?

ray_archangel
ray_archangel

I l ove the way it smells, and I love the bottle. But the longevity in me is horrible. I will probably finish my 30ml bottle in no time :(

love45
love45

I'm not gonna deny it. The first time I smelled this perfume, I was not impressed at all and when I went back to my dorm room, the scent was starting to fade away! However, days later I couldn't get it out my mind. I yearned for the scent again but I am not sure if I would buy it though because it fades quickly! Maybe I will get the set! :)

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I had been wanting this for a while. I ended up getting the largest size which is a think 3.4 oz. It goes on with a blast of orange and vanilla. It seems to stay that way for a half hour or so then it dries down to a musky vanilla. My daughter's boyfriend said he could smell it from a few feet away but it had just been sprayed a few minutes prior. I'm not finding projection or sillage to be very strong and the longevity seems pretty weak too. It's definitely seeming to be a close to the skin scent. It's nice for summer but I am finding it way sweeter than I'd thought it would be. I'll see what my husband thinks of it. He is usually a big deciding factor on how often I wear a certain perfume. His favorite is still Avon's Haiku Sunset.

Update: This has turned out to be a scent I'm wearing a lot this summer. I'll probably still like it in cooler months too. I still wish it lasted longer but I really love the smell. This just seems so different than anything else I've smelled and it's not your typical fruity floral that is so overdone right now. I'm glad I tested this at the store because it led to me buying it and it becoming one of my favorites.

neon_pink_gurl
neon_pink_gurl

This scent perfectly encapsulates the essence of a soft, fresh and feminine everyday perfume.This was recently given to me as a 16th birthday present from a good friend alongside the body lotion and shower cream - As soon as i saw the cheap looking bottle,and the fact that it was endorsed by celerity Beyonce, i was immediately put off however when i pulled it out and tested it in the air i was drawn in by the mists unique combination of citrus,vanilla and what seemed to be musky powder. I remember thinking to myself that it smelled quite similar to YSL's Manifesto fragrance - which is coincidentally one of my all time favorites.The vanilla scent in this is simply divine - it gives the fragrance a high magnitude of warmth and femininity. It's affordable, smells fresh and warm and isn't to overpowering nor weak - it' one that defiantly deserves permanent residence alongside all my other favorites on my bedroom vanity.

starvega
starvega

Received a sample of this from a lovely Fragrantican and can't get over the similarity to FCUK Friction - does anyone else notice it? Yet they don't share many notes, so maybe it's just my skin.

Smells just like it says it does (i.e. like Curacao/creamy oranges), and dries down to a slightly tropical vanilla. Unsure if it's one I would wear but it's definitely very affordable and makes a nice change from your average celebrity offering.

liiva
liiva

Strange sweetness. Smells like sweet, sparkling drinks. Where is vanilla? Where is orchid? I can not understand.. they are very good blended or my nose nothing understand about this? :) I also can not smell differences.. opening and dry down is very, very similarly. It is not interesting. There is no interesting surprising moments when I using this..

RoseAmongThorns
RoseAmongThorns

Absolutely NO lasting power :/ shame to pay so much for something that doesn't last.

xVal
xVal

This is a bomb of curacao, and then after like half hour it turns to a warm vanilla scent.
I like it, but wouldn't purchase it, the staying power is one of the weakest I've ever seen.

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

I sample sprayed this on my wrist at target.Smells like a generic Sweet peony Victoria secret Body mist. Sillage is poor. Scent smell is a sweet warm fresh genre that quickly fades without even lasting a couple hours which all perfume are supposed to exceed. If the sillage and lasting power was decent i would have picked it up.

Soie
Soie

Starts out sweet and tangy with a burst of tart bergamot, mouthwatering tangerine, fresh pears and creamy vanilla. After just a bit, the notes mesh together and develop into the musky, tropical, perfume-like, citrus-y aroma of a chilled cocktail prepared with blue curacao -- or, more precisely, Pulse smells the way a chilled cocktail of vodka, fresh citrus juices & sweet, blue curacao liqueur tastes.

The most prominent of its floral notes, the orchid, is there -- orchid is one of my favorite soliflores, and I can usually pick it out as a fragrance note. It, along with the jasmine and peony, add bright airy notes and floralcy, as well as a bit of green, to the fragrance -- all of which becomes more noticeable as the tanginess note of tangerine starts to fadeout. It is at this point, as the floral notes become more evident, that Pulse becomes powdery and starts to soften until it fades altogether.

I loved the scent of Pulse upon the first spritz: refreshing, tart, sweet, tangy, gourmand, vanillic, bright / airy, tropical, musky, floral, powdery, and the unique scent of blue curacao -- it's all there.

A great fragrance with good sillage...but not so great lasting power.

Maggie_Everk123
Maggie_Everk123

I love Beyonce and usually like her fragrances. I have not smelled this one yet, but I am looking to do so. I do like the design of the box. I have read, however, that the bottle itself is awkwardly shaped and can tip over.

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

This is a perfect summer time fragrence the smell is very clean and citrusy but in a good way! When you first spritz this perfum all u get is the blue cuecaco liquor very sweet and sour at the same time, I smell no flowers in this perfume I wish I could smell the bluebird orchid :( but the dry down is very vanilla and warm good scent and interesting bottle 9/10

Eicher
Eicher

Very heavy, very sweet, very too much of everything.

I agree with the comments regarding the bottle : it could have been less sophisticated. It doesn't have a very convenient shape for travel purpose (nor for simple use).
As for the fragrance : the composition of this perfume is heavy for me. I have never smelt anything with this much of blue curacao in it. This note is pretty sweet, and the vanilla and musk for base note make the perfume even more sweet and strong as it should be.

However, based on all the good comments below, I will give a second chance to Pulse and revise my comment... perhaps.

Rielle
Rielle

Heavenly from start to finish!

Hannehoney
Hannehoney

Coconut, vanilla and strawberries is what I smell... I really like this one! :)

AngeleAmalie
AngeleAmalie

I looove the smell when it is first sprayed, so fresh like candy in a sweet citrus way. After some hours mush and soap is what i smell. I dont know if im just gonna sell it, think im gonna try it another day and try to get used to the after smell, but i would have loved it more if it had smelld so amazing all day as when you first spray it<3

hippongo
hippongo

It's very funny! In my skin the Pulse's drydown reminds me the Laguna's drydown. :D Smells some balmy.

RyeJoseph

Pulse smells like orange sweet tarts. Very sweet, very sour, and candy-like. I'll stick to Heat.

lisamiarose
lisamiarose

i love beyonce but this fragance is very messy, the only think i can smell is the blue coracao, i think its a very citrus fragance, then after 1 hour or less i can feel a little bit of vanilla and musk. I don´t feel any flowers on this and for me this is a super sweet fragance and gives me headaches :/ it reminds me a medicine that i usualy take when i was a child and i love it back then but put this smell in a perfume makes that ver synthetic and cheap

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

Thought I would like this,and it would have been a bonus if I did as they are selling this in Superdrug for £11.
All I could smell was the citrussy curacao. Desperately wanted to smell more vanilla, but just didn't happen.
Nice as a holiday perfume, but not for me.

lovekova
lovekova

I really like it at first but I smell something sharp and bitter after half an hour. Still it is a good scent, maybe I'll get used to it.
Beautiful bottle anyway, especially the large one. Good price.

Artpop2013
Artpop2013

Although i don't own this perfume yet its a very good perfume and i am going to get it very soon.I absolutly love this perfume.When you hear about the citrusy note in the scent you might think its one of those orange-y fresh citrus smells.But its not its a very creamy orange kind of smell.Its really smells like a creamsicle or like and orange cream soda.The lasting power is great as well as for the bottle design to especially because blue is my favorite color.

Jayde<3
Jayde<3

Love! this is so delicious i was in the store only smelling this one for ten minutes because it was so good! at first there's like an intense burst of fruity kind of scents like pear and had a whole citrus thing going on there. Then after a few seconds it died down to a soft vanilla and floral scent. Love it!

weegee
weegee

Delicious! I've gone through half of a 30ml bottle in just 2 weeks, partly because its poor longevity requires frequent reappplication but mostly because it's just so appealing. No sharp citrus here, Pulse is creamy-smooth, soft, cozy, cheerful & uplifting.

Pulse reminds me of Hard Candy mixed with the syrupy orange of Cacharel's Liberte. The body lotion has quite a bit more of the orangey curacao note than the edp. Using the lotion also increases the edp's longevity by a couple of hours AND it brings out a milky ice cream aspect, specfically that of an Orange Creamsicle.

Very, very sweet but for me Pulse makes a nice change from the orientals, woods and leathers I'm usually drawn to in winter. I can hardly wait to try this in hot weather when I'm certain its breezy orange will be as refreshing as an orange popsicle.

I suspect if you don't care for Hard Candy or Liberte you won't care for Pulse, but if you enjoy a sweet treat now & then you really owe it to your sweet-tooth to give Pulse a try.

If you can get it at a good price, this is real interesting, Pulse is invigorating yet not generic. I am not a fan of the Heat line, sweet and cheap smelling. But Pulse and Pulse Summer are real nice, unique yes, with a bit of a tropical /exotic edge.
Turning a bit unisex maybe, as the scent isn't real warm, ,still easy to wear, and attractive in some fizzy way.

For an inexpensive scent I find this one quite good. First the curacao note is very prominent, which has to be dealt with carefully. It's funny to have such an extraordinary note in a scent, but I don't want my surrounding to think I've just consumed a cocktail in the early daytime :-D Then to me it's like a "big orange" taking over. That's probably a floral impression. Somehow this makes it "sunny" to me. I can imagine to wear it more in summer and spring times. In the end it gets a cosy soft musky and woody tone with some florals. The lasting power is about 2 to 3 hours on me.

icingsugar
icingsugar

The first time I sprayed this scent I fell in love. The opening is a very intense burst of fruit which smells boozy like a blue cocktail. It is a very electric opening which soon softens and smooths into a sweet creamy vanilla with the fruit still there just not as intense. Perfect for going out clubbing. I think the add suits the fragrance well, blue, metalic and electric.

Eriu
Eriu

To me, Pulse it's a delicious fragrance. I don't think it really stands out when comparing it to another celeb perfumes, but definitely is very lovely and I don't regret buying it :)

divaofdevotion
divaofdevotion

Yummy!!!

ohshea
ohshea

LOVE this. I blind bought it at the after xmas sales and i had a three dollar cupon so i got a half ounce edp and three ounce lotion for five bucks! What a syeal. I love the initial burst of liquer then the citrus notes then a warm slightly powdery vanilla. Last blind buy was curious and yuck!! Almost deterred me from anymore celeb scents. Glad i purchased this its a very unique scent.

Cadnuim
Cadnuim

The bottle is kind of silly. The scent smelled just like baby powder to me..

CherryTinsel
CherryTinsel

I got this as a gift for my birthday. I don't hate it but I don't love it, it's just "average", I guess? The staying power isn't long, but it smells far too sweet for me, kind of like a candy. I'm not sure when I'll wear this.

Spice10
Spice10

I got this for Xmas this year and I love it, it sits very well on my skin

barbie_18
barbie_18

This is horrible!!! It's the worst perfume I've ever come across!! Its a combinstion of a fruit, powder and car air freshener. (Barf)

BeckySue22
BeckySue22

I love Beyonce and I liked Heat and Midnight heat, but this..
To me it smells like menthol with orange. Like chemical fruity toothpaste, or something like that. Thankfully, this scent did not last long after putting it on.

glamorouszombie
glamorouszombie

Nice for around a minute, then it goes really weak and smells like sunscreen...

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

Nice! At first it bursts out as Angel, but after few minutes tones down to watery coconut and vanila. Too bad but Pulse lacks staying power, not longer than hour or two...

julieanneh
julieanneh

To me it was fresh and tangy, not powdery or sugary at all. Different to what I usually wear. I like it surprisingly but not on me. Lasting power not so good.

terrarone
terrarone

To me this scent was all creamsicle.

Chickenfluff
Chickenfluff

Generic? Not to me. To be honest, I found "Pulse" so different from any other fragrance I'd smelled before that I was taken aback at first. I found it odd and rather smelling like an energy drink or a refreshing bubble gum. However, something about it always had me coming back (maybe my liking for energy drinks and bubble gum?), and I eventually fell in love with it. It's perfect for a really hot summer day as it is so fresh and energizing, yet sweet. Now, I really couldn't imagine living without you, "Pulse". ♥

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

There's so much hatred for this fragrance, but I think it's simply exquisite! I'm not a fan of any of Beyonce's other fragrances, because they have a stale finish that I can't tolerate...but this one is nothing but fresh and lush! The initial sprays are SO sharp, tangy, fruity, juicy, and completely exquisite. I agree with some of the other reviewers that say the middle doesn't quite exist, but the dry-down is so delicious and creamy. This fragrance is such an interesting blend of sharp florals, citrus, and creamy vanilla gourmand-essence.

This is definitely Beyonce's best! It's the only one that doesn't end up disappearing or turning stale...Heat, Midnight Heat, and Heat Elixir end up having this dried out dead flower smell after about 30 minutes that I can't tolerate...but this one is like a sharp burst of electric kool-aid. It's FABULOUS.

I even detect a note of a delicious, tangy cocktail. Even the color of this fantastic fragrances makes me think of a tropical, sharp, tangy vodka concoction.

All in all, I feel that this is Beyonce's best! It's so different than the rest out there, and it's a wonderful departure from Beyonce's other dead-flower juices. This makes me feel fabulous to wear it!

themattsky
themattsky

This is extremely generic and synthetic. As much as I LOVE Beyonce, her fragrances suck.

griffon
griffon

Pulse was one of the first celebrity fragrances that actually caught my attention back when it was released. I think I was so intrigued because I had never smelled anything like it at that time, and the bottle was really inventive.

After letting the fragrance sit for a year on the market, I decided I might as well try it again to see if it was the same. I bought a small 1oz. bottle for less than $40 and tried it out. The bright citrus hits me in the face the minute it's sprayed, and lingers for about an hour or more I think. After that, I get a tiny bit of the heart of the fragrance, but it immediately goes to the base pretty quick. The only thing I smell as the fragrance fades is vanilla. That's it. I don't smell any musk or woodsy notes, just vanilla.

Overall, I really enjoy the opening notes and the citrus burst as the scent opens. However, the middle seems nonexistent to me, and all I smell at the base is vanilla. It's still a good fragrance, but I wish it were stronger and had better longevity.

Belladonna000
Belladonna000

To me, this smells like an orange creamsicle. I'm not a huge fan of this fragrance, but its okay.

LaPetite
LaPetite

Another dead boring celeb scent , very generic and synthetic . All i could smell was the vanilla and "something really weird" now i realize with the notes displayed that this must be the curaço , i don't drink, never, so i couldn't guess ...
So , for me it's all in the name and the marketting .
The supposed to look modern bottle cap is made with cheap plastic , and a bit weird , looking at the photo here i realize i have let it upside down at the supermarket shelf -____- , but it was already like that when i took it, so i'm not the only one .
NB: I'm not a beyoncé fan or hater , i don't even listen to r'n b music .

AMDs44
AMDs44

What a pleasant surprise, I didn't expect that it will smell that good, 1 word to describe this scent : Electric, Fresh zesty orange soda and very delicious, creamy vanilla
And I love how it's so affordable, Well done Beyonce :)

prLinchoccy
prLinchoccy

It smells synthetic and poorly balanced. It would have been ok as a body spray..... possibly.
Cheap and nasty. I gave mine away.

rachellecunningham
rachellecunningham

One of the best things I've ever smelled, hands down. I've been wanting to buy a bottle forever, but I always end up buying other perfumes on my must-have list. It's so orange-y and sweet and, although I feel silly using this word, scrumptious. My boyfriend told me it smelled "freaking AMAZING" when I tested it on my wrist, and my best friend called me crazy for not buying it yet. Love it, great job Beyonce!

Mici2912
Mici2912

I smell blue curacao and vanilla in this perfume.I really love it :) but it lasts just 1 or 2 hours on me :(

RoRoSe

I will consider this as a body mist .. I can't call this Edp or even Edt .. this is so refreshing citrus gourmand scent .. starts with bergamot and ends with soft vanilla and curacao
smells as Coca Cola candies.. my hoppy kept smelling my neck yesterday hehe so delicious .. but i hope if the quality was better..

Raina
Raina

This is an odd sort of fragrance, not quite cozy but not quite fresh at the same time. The initial blast of curacao and bergamot is a delicious citrus that immediately made me think of the smell of orange juice. Typically, citrus turns a fragrance towards being fresh, and it would be the case here if not for the vanilla and musky powder that gives this a cozy edge. The oddness here is that because its not a blended fragrance, you can still smell both the curacao and powdery vanilla as two separate notes. They kind of just compete with eachother for dominance so that it seems like they are two separate fragrances sprayed together. This lasts until the drydown hits and the vanilla and powder win out, giving you a deep, cozy, powdery, scent that occasionaly touches on the curacao note.

Fun and different, but I very rarely reach for it. This is one of those fragrances that I think you can get tired of quite easily. I cannot imagine how I'm going to use up the huge 3.4oz bottle I got.

jonr951

I got me another bottle of Pulse today @ Ross. 20 bucks for the 3.4 oz! AWESOME! : )

Nanny powder

motherof3
motherof3

Pulse is a great romantic scent I think it would be perfect for a date my hubby was all over me the pears stand out on me I have the perfumed oil which lasted 8 strong hours I also can smell the citrus which makes it fresh I love it her best in my opinion:-)

emelim
emelim

The worst celebrity perfume i ever smell!!! :(

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

powder powder powder. i smelled the curacao note for literally 1 second, then powdered vanilla. nice, but i will NEVER use the entire 3.4 oz bottle i just received.

Aspendina
Aspendina

smells like a creamsicle at first its so delicious, but then it dries down powdery with is ok, but i loved the creamsicle and with it would've stayed like that.

rayabg
rayabg

I tested this couple of days ago and on me this dries down fantastically. Very powdery,sweet and woodsy. I might purchase this.

chokovany
chokovany

A very unique fragrance, powdery, floral, solar.It makes me happy each time I smell it.
An happyness fragrance, very positive perfume.
Yummy.
Love it !

rickyfreaky13

The worst celebrity perfume i ever smell!!! Very disapointed! First i like the design, but when i hold the bottle, hmmmm the cap is a cheap plastic, i hope it's a steel cap :( And about the juice inside, very old lady smelled, something powdery, n weird.

akia vida
akia vida

On my skin it immediately opens with vanilla, vanilla and ehm did I mention VANILLA! In a yummy way :) nothing overpowering. After 10 minutes it turns quite woody, creamy and fresh smelling.
I get no citrus or flowers on my skin.

The staying power on my skin is not great, a bit of a disappointment. Same for the sillage.

I was given a bottle from a friend. She bought a new one and as she knows about my little addiction (where I can't pass a perfume store without dropping in and buying a perfume of course). She gave me what was left (about 1/3) to finish and see if I like it enough to buy full bottle.
Will I buy a full bottle ? I don't think so. Although I like the smell the staying power is a let down imo.

personsa22
personsa22

Picture an orange creamsicle soaked in orange flavored vodka then shaken with ice and served in a highball glass half filled with coconut milk.

Gross, huh?

dioradddict
dioradddict

i have some samples of this one and want to buy it just because of the curacao i really love... but i´m waiting for some amazing retail offer because it has no longevity on my skin... i would buy it and use it like some kind of splash... on my skin after the first burst of curacao i just can smell a very soft inexpressive vanilla scent. Good for everyday use, comfortable but if you think it´s a splash...

c3c
c3c

I have to redo my review because I ended up with a bottle of Pulse and have given it a full trial. The beginning still makes me think of Kat Von D Saint (although Saint is still better for me) and after 10min. the curaçao comes out. It then becomes very very soft for the duration of its life, almost a bit powdery. I don't get floral or woody notes, it has a trace of vanilla, but for me the curaçao remains a main player after the citrus opening. It's decent enough but not very impressive as far as sillage. Lasting power isn't bad, it's just so close to the skin it's difficult to notice, a tiny bit better on clothes.
Summarization, if you aren't a fan of very quiet scents this won't be for you. You can easily forget you're wearing it. Pulse is nice, but could be better with some improvment on the sillage.

mz.honey
mz.honey

The bottle is very beautiful and well designed. It represents what Beyonce is...beautiful, strong, and proud. The scent is decent, but it didn't entices or made me crazy like Dior Addict 2 and Calvin Klein Euphoria. It reminds me of Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly. It wasn't too strong...it was gentle enough for my nose. It didn't last very long either as other reviewers mentioned. I could barely smell it on me. I like fragrances that have that exotic, refreshing, crispy smell to it. This was one was just okay, but it came with a nice bag and pouch which was convenient for me. I look forward trying out her Heat and Midnight Heat fragrances.

I loved the sparkling citrus I got at first with this one, but it dried down to a sticky, cloying vanilla musk in the end that smelled synthetic and cheap. Too bad because the first half hour is gloriously bright and clear.

BeePowa
BeePowa

This perfume is very surprising!

When you put it on the skin it first smells like orange, and if you wait for half an hour it begins to smell like vanilla.

I don't like the first smell of orange that much, but the "vanilla" smell is very pleasant and sexy. And it last for a long time.

I'm happy to have bought it in the end.

dame piglet
dame piglet

oooo... mommy likey you, Beyonce Pulse!

Right out of the box, it's all about the bergamot! Citrus heaven, friends! And then the curacoa? Maybe I should say "curac- OH-YEAH!" 'cause it smells soooo good!

I really like this, and I'd consider buying it, but it didn't seem to last long. hmmm... I think I need to try it again and post an update. Stay tuned! :)

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

This is my favorite Beyonce perfume (I haven't smelled the new Midnight Heat one yet so that one doesnt count) but I'm really liking this scent because it's a unique citrus scent but it also has the vanilla in it which makes it more comfortable to wear.

I didn't buy this...yet. But if I could choose one Beyonce perfume to buy, this one would be it.

m4
m4

Nice summer scent for me. At the first spritz I smell curacao with something creamy and powdery After half an hour it turns into milky(pear) ice cream on me. Longevity is good. Never smelled something similar. Good job!!!

lizzie81
lizzie81

I bought this the other day on a whim! The opening is a tad citrusy but after a few mins it settles down to something yummy, sweet and gourmand. I'm not a huge fan of really sweet fragrances but once again ( as with 'Heat') there is an unusual note in the background which makes it slightly more luxurious and saves it from being just a sickly sweet perfume and makes it slightly more unique. All in all a nice perfume for day time and casual, however on me lasting power is very poor so you have to lug it around with you and keep reapplying. Also I would really recommend getting the gift set if you can find it instead of just the perfume on it's own. Firstly because it helps with the poor lasting power but mainly because the shower gel and body lotion are fabulous!! I found this with 'heat' also. Really creamy, yummy and do a fabulous job, i would definatly purchase those again on their own, and i prefer them to the fragrance itself!

nush imogen

I've been wanting this for so long and now i finally have it! (YAY!:) I love the vanilla and citrus combination, and curacao is so unique! I think i found a new signature fragrance for the rest of the summer :)

stefanie.vieweg
stefanie.vieweg

I´ve been so excited to try this because of the Curacao, it made me curious.
So I tried it yesterday and sprayed it on my wrists and decided to go home before buying the scent. I´m glad I did!

I love the start of this. The blue curacao really comes through. The bergamot shines through and gives the impression of a luxurious cocktail. Very nice!
After a while the curacao fades until it´s gone.
What is left is a scent that reminds me of melted ice cream. You know the sticky cheap strawberry ice cream that little kids love. :-/

The opening was so great, but what is left after an half hour isn´t my cup of tea unfortionatly...

Kyi
Kyi

I tried this at the mall today. I had already sniffed about 20 different perfumes so I was starting to get confused and overloaded by scents, but this one stood out to me. The citrus is pretty strong but there's something else in there that is really yummy and made me keep sniffing that card over and over again. It smelled sensual, refreshing, and inviting. I may have to grab a bottle of it next time!

zdoreebaba95
zdoreebaba95

Divine!! I love Beyoncé and her perfumes!! :)

damewolf13
damewolf13

This perfume is a magical blend of sweet fresh orange, and aromatic vanilla, mingled with just a touch of fragrant jasmine. It starts out strong, but after a few moments it is a very mild, sweet gourmand fragrance that you could wear anytime, anywhere.
It is never overpowering, but instead leaves a subtle trail of dreamy creamsickle delight wherever you go.
Fairly good silage, but longevity could be a little better. May need to reapply at least once during a long evening.

bleuciel
bleuciel

Smells deliciously sweet like a summer cocktail on the beach. Edible. Now that I've read the other reviews, the top notes are oranges, yes, although at first I didn't think of them.

I got a first sniff and then returned to smell some more since it was so nice. I couldn't smell anything else than sweetened citrusy fruits. The longevity is ridiculous, not even two hours. What?!

The bottle is UGLY. Really. What is that? I would be so ashamed to display it. Coloured plastic and metal, clunky, awkward because it stands upside down.

To sum up: light, fruity, sweet. A good fragrance for the beach. It's cheap, but so not worth the price, you'd be paying Beyonce's name, the 'design' of the bottle and the advertisement. The juice itself is mediocre, not worth more than $10.

sofababe
sofababe

I really liked Pulse. I spent 2 days wearing the sample I had and enjoyed it very much, though I was disappointed with the longevity and projection the fragrance itself is absolutely delicious. I loved the Curacao note! Its a summery cocktail for sure and if I found a small bottle at a very good price I'd probably get it, I wouldn't pay top price for it as I think I'd have to reapply pretty often.

zoe.knap
zoe.knap

I love this, smells like fizzy fanta type lollies

Christian14596
Christian14596

Honestly i am slightly disappointed with this fragrance... i bought it blindly as this was on sale and judging by the notes i thought i would have loved it but i was wrong .. its in no way a bad fragrance but not electric and powerful as i thought it was going to be judging by the packaging,ad and bottle. First impressions actually blew me away .. it had a very clean citrusy kinda scent to it almost reminded me of clean laundry .. but that phase only lasted a couple of seconds on my skin .. then it turned into a orange sponge cake scent .. which was nice at first but after awhile it got really sickening. i felt that a lot of thought went into the design of the packaging and bottle of this fragrance and they just left the fragrance

packaging and bottle:- 10/10
fragrance:- 5/10

tank94
tank94

I won this fragrance in a contest, and I gave it to my mom. It's basically a blue curacao creamsicle in a bottle. When you first spray it, you can smell the bergamot. It's very citrusy at the first application. When it dries down, you can smell the blue curacao and vanilla. I would recommend it for someone that likes sweet, citrusy scents. If you're not into gourmand fragrances, you're probably not going to like this perfume.

Heather-1984
Heather-1984

I wasn't sure about this perfume when I saw it advertised as I'm not a fan of Beyonce or celebrity fragrances in general. But when I saw the actual tester bottle sitting on the fragrance counter I was really drawn to it and decided to try it. I'm so glad I did as it actually goes really well with my skin chemistry. On me I get a really strong sweet curaco smell, which then leads into a creamy orange popsicle-like scent before leaving behind soft powdery vanilla notes. Longevity is really good on me too, about 8-10 hours.

Winter Peyroux
Winter Peyroux

I adore Beyoncé, and I love the holographic packaging for 'Pulse'...but the bottle is clunky and awkward and easily breaks and falls, and the scent itself is a mess, to my nose. It sounds so interesting, with notes such as blue curacao and bluebird orchid -- but ALL I get from it is MUSK. And not even nice musk, but, like...icky B.O...like the stank of women who went to the club doused in trashy perfume, and now this is what they smell like after said perfume plus the sweat of dancing in a humid room all night. Pity that 'Pulse' and my body chemistry seem to despise each other...

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

i actually bought this pulse one last summer & return it since it gave me huge headaches & got Heat Ultimate Elixir wich is a BOMB... ! awesome, sensual sexy! deep deep! perfume love it! but not in a BAd way .. hun! hun! GOOD WAY MY BOYFIREND ALWAYS freak & i have alllott of compliments buy guys & womens when i wear it.. But today i saw this PULSE & retryed it & i have to say... mmm! this is more girly summer scent very loveable also! i got a super nice kit with glitter body spray , perfume + lotion kind of shimmery one :) i can truly smell the citrus & vanilla

RickOhm
RickOhm

this is a pleasant scent but i would NOT recommend this for a special occasion, date, etc etc it is more suitable for a lazy summer after shower spritz as it smells EXACTLY like fruit punch concentrate!

marysiac
marysiac

nice scent but for some reasome it reminds me of fruity Pebbles

zulukline
zulukline

This is an evocative gourmand, which I never thought there could be sex appeal in gourmand foody fragrances. Not much lasting power, which is really sad because the opening notes are so amazing.

phia143
phia143

At first sniff i really liked it! It smelled floral and clean a bit soapy in a good way. But the dry down was pure vanilla everything else went poof :

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

This one pretty much knocked me over at first whiff, and not in a good way :P I LOVE Beyonce but this is just too much. It's like instant migraine. Too strong, too overpowering, too sweet. And where is the citrus? Smells more chocolatey to me. Thankfully it settles down a little into something a little more mellow and pleasant over time, so if you can bear the first 15 minutes of olfactory assault then I guess it's ok :-) Still not my cup of tea.

And who dares to liken it to Joy of pink? :o Joy of pink is lovely, sour and fresh while this is sticky and sugary and overwhelming.

jonr951

Beyonce Midnight Heat is coming! SO psyched! Here's hoping it's an edp! I'm LOVING the Heat bottle done up in midnight purple/blue! I can't wait! :

nush imogen

message me if you have this perfume and want to sell, even used in any size!

RoRoSe

I tried this today and was totally disappointed :s

The opening smells exactly as BS Fantasy and the dry down reminds me of a watery version of 212 sexy ..

don't know why it smells as fade Coca cola on my skin :(
maybe that's because of the Curacao notes !!

Lasting power & sillage are less than normal

1/5 !

jonr951

There's Pulse sets at TJMaxx! 3.4 oz, the .5 oz, and the little matching products for $34.99 if I can recall. Great price! : )

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I hate it when my nose and chemistry dislike a perfume, especially when it is currently dirt cheap in my local drug-store. But one whiff of this and I have to agree with a statement below: it smells like shampoo. Floral shampoo to be exact.
And, although I love it if my perfumes come in pretty bottles, I can totally ignore the bottle if the juice is worth it. Well, in this case I could have done that too, but my opinion of the bottle would be the same: to me it is clumsy and ugly, and reminds me (sorry) of a Star Trek - Klingon device.

caylarhene

i waited to smell this one for so long. and when i finally smelled it.. this one last longer than her other ones. her perfumes just dont last that long and thats what im looking for. then when i smelled it again.. i got the same thing everyone else got. smells like johnson and johnson baby shampoo

Liina
Liina

Pulse is one of the most delicious perfumes I've ever smelt. It's indeed citrus gourmand. Curacao and vanilla are playing a big lead role in it. And the sweet vanilla and sour citrus balance each other perfectly. Pulse lasts long and the sillage is quite impressive. I think it's very versatile and suits for all seasons. Well, maybe not for the hottest days in summer because the sweetness could get too heavy then (that's probably why they made Pulse Summer). But other than that it's perfect. Beyoncé keeps surprising us with her perfumes and so far I've loved them all. I can't wait until Pulse Summer arrives in my country.

Nikki_B
Nikki_B

Not really a lover of this perfume. I only have 2 samples of this but when i put it on my skin it only seems to last a couple of hours which is really poor compared to my other fragrances. It is a nice light citrus sweet smell and it would be quite a nice light scent to wear on a day to day basis but because it only lasts a couple of hours its not ideal. Such a shame as it has potential. Hopefully the new summer limited edition will have more lasting power

makeupwoot
makeupwoot

When I first saw the ad copy on the NSTPerfume blog, I drooled for about 5 seconds over the bottle design, red the description and promptly did what I almost always do with celebu-scents... Waited for it to hit the bargain bins at my local Marshall's/TJ Maxx. Sure enough, I was doing my usual monthly perusal of arrivals at the fragrance shelves on my lunch hour and saw the "Pulse" gift set box. I managed to pry the 15 ml spray out and shot a couple of sprays on my inner arm.

FIRST MISTAKE.

I waited for about 30 seconds fanning the spray to dry the juice and then leaned in for my first whiff...

SECOND MISTAKE.

My nose was instantly overrun with a cavalry charge of bergamot mounted on musk. Clearly those 2 sprays were about 1 & 1/2 sprays too many. I managed to stand the smell of myself just long enough to get back to the office where it was promptly scrubbed and the lingering remains are a light, pleasant scent reminiscent of a mens aftershave.

I'll give this juice props for not being afraid to come on strong and loud, but those are qualities I look for in slasher movie villains, not in my fragrances.

sugahuni
sugahuni

lovely fragrance :-)

RonaRona93
RonaRona93

The color of perfume is BLUE and the metallic cap looks like V . Is Blue Ivy ? or just me thinking like that :| ? (Did Beyonce plan this?) . But anyway i loooove Beyonce and I can't wait to try this perfume and buy it of course !!

paumag
paumag

Deliciuuuus ! citrus but sweet ! love it

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

I can smell the Curacao from top to base. First with fresh citrus, then with bouquet of flowers and the base with vanilla/musk/powder.
I don`t really know what to think of this... I mean, it`s not bad. It`s soft and sweet, fruity, boozy and creamy. Sillage is great and it seems to be long lasting (now +3h and still going strong)...
But it`s not for me I guess...

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

I tested it today in my local storage. The bottle is just awfull, I cannot uderstand for what is that silver part and why it has to be that big?! Anyway this scent is nothing special. Smells a lot like curacao drink mixed with hairspray smell and nothing else. For sure most of people likes it just because of Beyonce but Pulse is not worth of its price.

nausikaa
nausikaa

smells like fizzy candy, cough syrup and hairspray mixed together.

Duffy
Duffy

Hello, Monika nemece. I agree that the bottle looks cheap and who is beyonce? just a human being like you and me, but the scent of this perfume is verry nice. Tell me which hairspray smells like this, because if i can find a hairspray that smells like this i'll buy al of them.

Monika.nemecek
Monika.nemecek

I know that after reading my review I won´t get any thumbs up, but sorry, I just don´t see any reason why people like it, or worse love it. The bottle looks so cheap, the lid is so plastic...and actually this is reflecting the smell as well . Cheap, sweet, smells like hair spray to me. And the price? wow, it is not worth the lasting power nor the uniqueness of the smell. Puh-leeeze open your eyes and try to think : if this won´t be Beoynce - but "NO name" brand - will I like it? ... if you are sane - your answer will be: NOPE!

Suzi
Suzi

I love Beyonce's fragrances usually but not this one it's quite sickly Heat, Heatrush and the elixir are gorgeous but pulse is not nice in comparison. I can't smell any fruity notes at all. All I smell when I sniff it is caramel which I hate. It's a shame because out of all the celebrity scents out there Beyonce is leaps ahead of the competition in my opinion. I have Heat, Heatrush and the elixir and I love them all you have one for each season. I'd like to smell Pulse the summer edition that sounds nicer to me but great packaging for Pulse on the plus side.

aromaticprincess
aromaticprincess

A really unique smell. I love it. I pick up the vanilla and curaçao. I would say it's a summer night scent. I get a Miami beach kind of feeling, I don't know why, but I do. I would buy it again. My only criticism is that I hate the packaging- I think it's really tacky with the plastic silver lid.

mandashell

Update: Didn't love this then but I love it now. This is a smooth, creamy, lightly sweetned citrus fragrance with a gourmand twist and a perfect addition of vanilla. I'm not familiar with Curacao but it gives Pulse this interesting psuedo powdery vibe that makes it much more interesting than her other fragrances.

Pulse isn't too strong so this will work amazingly well in the spring and summer but it still has enough umph to be worn during cooler temperatures. For some reason it lasts longer on my skin too. Maybe the tester was off when I sampled it months ago...? o.O Anyway, I get at least 6hrs with a moderate to soft sillage.

Overall this is a very nice one from Beyonce. This and Elixir are my faves. :D Celebrity scent aside this is a lovely tropical, citrus and vanilla scent. Just give it a try. :D

Just an FYI for some of the tacky simple minded folks tht plague this site. I like this scent because of THE SCENT not BEYONCE!!!! Earth shattering discovery I know....? o.O

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Lovely bottle! Top notes remind me of very sweet grapefruit. It is quite gourmand on the whole, not exactly for me. But if you are into sweet stuff, you may like it :-)

jenny23
jenny23

I agree with the comment below, Heat is a better fragrance and I too had higher expectations for this perfume,to me it smells like an orange creamsicle. That being said It is a tolerable scent and I wear it occasionally but not my Fav and she could have done better on the fragrance. I hope Pulse summer edition is a lot better than Pulse.

jenny2301
jenny2301

Bought this today and it really does smell like an orange creamsicle, I thought it was an alright scent but it is really light and doesnt have good staying power,which is a total bummer:(Smells good though

jonr951

I just got the 1 oz! 2 more sizes to go! I love Pulse and need the bottle in all the sizes. Haha! : )

SBunny
SBunny

Very orange and citrusy at the start but quickly transforms into a sweet creamy scent. The Curaco is very dominant and you can smell it all the way through the stages of the perfume. I really love this, it's sweet vanilla without being cakey and sweet orange without being sharp.

It's a lovely all year round fragrance too as it has aspects that would appeal to the warmer seasons (fruity orange) and the colder ones (sweet, creamy vanilla).

The lasting power isnt amazing, around 4 hours until you have to press hard to get a scent and the sillage weakens after the first initial blast. The scent itself is lovely though.

jonr951

Beyonce Pulse Summer Edition is on her parfums website! Sounds and looks DELICIOUS! The notes sound SO good! Mandarin, Pear, and Pink Pepper, Ginger Orchid, Jasmine, and Tunisian Orange Flowers, Sapphire Woods, Musk, and Benzoin. : )

lalalala
lalalala

I was so excited when i got this as an early Christmas present. The first time i sprayed it, it reminded me of a candied orange with a vanilla base. I'm never smelt curacao, so I'm not quite sure concerning that particular note. It's quite enticing and i've never smelt anything quite like it. However, i am disappointed for two main reasons:

1. There isn't much lasting power. I really had high expectations especially with how beyonce claimed to have worn it and ensure it was long lasting. At most it lasts 2.5-3 hours.

2. As a result of the lasting power, the sillage (aka the trail of scent) is about an hour. I wore this on a date with my bf and he could not clearly detect the scent without me shoving my wrist in his face.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed. While i do really like the scent, lasting power and sillage are extremely important to me when choosing a fragrance.

Bottom line : 5.5/10. - Sorry B.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

I sampled this today and was pleasantly surprised! Yes it initially smells like a orange creamsicle but the drydown is very nice. It has a tropical feel with some smooth woody notes. It's not listed but it seems to me that it has a little coconut in it as well. It reminds me of the first fragrance from Halle Berry - minus the rum - and that was also better than I ever expected. It just goes to show - don't judge til you have tried!

zemerllahu
zemerllahu

I actually really like this scent ts way better then her other perfume :)

kimberleyrose1
kimberleyrose1

I love beyonce and have her heat and heat rush but i really didnt like this. I smelt it once at the perfume shop and was really dissapointed if im honest. I dont really like the bottle either its a bit tacky and big for what shape it is. Biggest beyone fan alive though!

megansoong
megansoong

I think beyonce makes really good fragrances. I LOVED heat and i liked heat rush but pulse gave me an electrifying feel. Its a very outstanding fragrance and is pretty perfect for loud parties!!

oudie
oudie

I smelt this for the first time today in a perfume store, decided i did not like it as it was 2 fruity for me, however about four hours has passed and on smelling my hand i get a calm, sexy exotcic smell, now i'm in love it is a must have for me, can't stop smelling my hand

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

How does a perfume go from a blast of citrus to sweet in a couple of seconds? I was just getting used (and kind of disliking) the citrus when it became sweet, not bad sweet, just floral sweet. I am not sure yet if I like it or not.

vsmini
vsmini

Womp Womp - this perfume EXPLODES onto the scene with a wonderful orange cream punch. It smells amazing. I'm sold! Get me a bottle of that! Then 5 minutes pass and the scent is completely gone. Perhaps it's my skin chemistry that just absorbs this perfume completely but 5-10 minutes after a direct spray to my wrist the scent was completely gone. All of it. Not a trace of anything left.

Interesting since the small perfume card that I sprayed with Pulse and put in my purse still smells amazing after a few hours. Maybe it lasts on clothing but not on my skin. If it had better lasting power I would buy it up in a minute.

The bottle is strange and I hate how you're supposed to store it upside down. I prefer basic bottles. This display Beyonce has Pulse in is just too outlandish.

jennibean
jennibean

Orangy Zing!!!
The smell just perks me up and makes me feel fresh and vibrant! It would be a great summer scent.
It makes my mouth water!! <3

Takhaet
Takhaet

I like it a lot and have been using it in a summer. Unfortunatelly the fragrance doesnt stay on my skin fo long-only couple of hours so i wasn not impressed by that at all :(

its a shame because the fragrance is beautiful, refreshing and unique . I absolutely love and adore it...if only its lasting power was better ..

bluberrykisses
bluberrykisses

I love this one so much. In my opinion, Pulse is very unique and definitely summer fragrance. And points for Beyonce for creating different fragrance than former ones !

takeasniff

I hate to say it but on me this smells like ralph rocks the orange one. It smells like oranges and vanilla with a hint of powder. I like it because I like perfumes with oranges in them so I have been wearing it a lot and I am happy with it. I found it quite strong and it lasted for a few hours but I did need to reapply it to notice it more. It has come down in price here in Australia it's not as expensive as her heat one. The new heat one has been reduced as well so it is more affordable I wasn't prepared to pay 60-70 bucks for it like she wanted at the start but now that it is reduced I have got a little bottle.

jessluvsray
jessluvsray

Great tip! Just watched the vid. The box says Pulse Summer Edition. Very exciting! Love the added pink or whatever it is to the Pulse packaging. Can't wait for summer!

APassionateJourney

I think there's gonna be a limited edition of it. I saw a video where the people who designed the box were talking about designing it and they have a different box and it says EDITION on it! I think it says Supreme Edition or something

Fragaria
Fragaria

This perfume is a summer delight. I think it should be a floral aquatic. I like it but would I buy it? Nope. It's a very very pale version of something similar to Blue Seduction by Antonio Banderas. I think this is for someone who likes to feel pretty. I haven't been able to detect it on anyone that is wearing it yet so it's too weak for me. One small fingerprint on the shiny silver cap would drive me crazy, and I just can't bring myself to display a bottle upsidedown. I have another diamond shaped bottle that should be displayed on its side, and I just can't do it. The bottle is a dislike for me but I love the blue colored liquid with that silver cap! lovely colors together! Anyone that thinks they want this SHOULD get it, it's a nice scent, but if your hesitant, I should think you'd be unhappy for bothering with it.

Taliera
Taliera

From the outset this smelled like candy, sour lollies and bubblegum. It was so artificial and really turned me off!

Cams
Cams

This is lovely and feminine. Great start (I sprayed at 7:30 am today) and it lingers and lingers beautifully. I admit I was sceptical about it but it really is very pretty and I am enjoying wearing it. Give this fragrance a chance to show you what it can do.

SS79
SS79

I like it! I can really smell the curacao. Kinda sticks with me then goes more soft.. just wish it lasted longer.. but overall a very nice scent...

...sidenote: wish the drug and departent stores knew how to display this bottle.. its always upside down!! lol...

Malibu

I've never tried Curacao liqueur, so I don't know anything about it, apart from the fact that it is flavoured with laraha fruit; which I'm also unfamiliar with. To me the alcoholic note is rich and creamy and Baileys-like. The soft fruits combine with the creaminess and overall the resulting effect smells just somewhat similar to a Pina colada. I'm not sure if there are notes of pineapple and coconut in PULSE or if that is laraha. I can also catch a watery pear note, but the bergamot remains undetectable to me.

Bluebird orchid has apparently never been used in perfume before, so I'm not sure what to look out for, but PULSE does become a slightly bit spicy after twenty minutes or so. Most orchids in perfume are vanilla, chocolate or spice based, so I think that I'm on the right track. The only floral note that I can place with any kind of certainty is the jasmine note, but it does seem a bit watery and underdeveloped - the reminder of the pear note does dilute everything. I think that I can get a bit of peony too, but I don't know if that's meant to be the orchid or not, so it is a bit of a guessing game.

The base is a bit dull compared to the first few hours of PULSE, as it's the standard vanilla, sandalwood and breeze of musk mix. A bit of the Baileys/Pina Colada does stick around for a bit, so there is a bit more life for most of PULSE's wear.

As the floral notes are largely underdeveloped, its no shock that the lasting power of PULSE isn't the best around five hours, on average. Not great, but it's a step up from Heat and Heat Rush.

Nadeen
Nadeen

The marketing and design for this perfume is perfect. Two thumbs up for a cool bottle design too! The smell however, gross. Too sweet for me, it reminds me of cheap cotton candy. Totally not what I expected from Beyonce. I love both Heat and Heat Rush, this one however, total fail.

Jasmindee
Jasmindee

I have no idea what you guys are smelling, fruity floral? Pina colada? When I sprayed this, it smelt like a mans cologne! It was minty and fresh but eugh, really masculine and harsh. Maybe it just didn't work with my chemistry, but I'll stick to heat! Sorry B, I still love you!

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

My interpretation is that Pulse smells very reminicent of confectionery. Which isn't a bad thing but to me, the candy-sweetness doesn't seem to match its striking, more sophisticated bottle.

In comparison to Beyonce's previous fragrances (Heat), Pulse is an improvement. However, the scent reminds me of something out of the Britney Spears 'Fantasy' line.

Flowercat
Flowercat

A friend who knows my powdery, sweet vanilla-loving taste in fragrance urged me to try this one. I sprayed on a bit and it was pleasantly tropical smelling. Soon, however, it bloomed into its softly-sweet, feminine vanilla powder essence, with just a delicate trace of fruity accents woven in perfectly. This could very well be my new TOP FAVE! I absolutely love it! This scent must represent Beyonce's most vulnerable, innocent side, because it is simply gentle, soft, and pure. Flowery, vanilla-y, powdery beauty...unapologetically so!

Lynn Buck
Lynn Buck

FINALLY smelt this today. I was disappointed. I think I built it up in my mind to be something out of this world. It's not bad but I can think of other perfumes I'd like. When I first sprayed it I got an orangy smell from it and then it dried down to a powder type of smell. If someone bought it for me I'd use it but I can't see ME buying it. I'd rahter have her other ones.

caylarhene

so i smelled this today. and i really didnt like her first few perfumes at all but i think she actually did a good job with this one. i notice that she likes her perfumes to be sweet and is like she doesnt try to make them the best they can be. but i do like this one. starts off sweet.. splashes of different fruits... then ends in more of a baby powder kinda smell. i dnt care for her but if you can pull off a perfume i will wear it. and i think she pulled this one off.
stay power is about a 6/10
over all about a 7/10. i would buy this one out of any of her perfumes. i like i :>

Grottola
Grottola

Smells like a Pina Colada.

Too sweet for me.

vtothek
vtothek

This strikes me as a rip off of Womanity. They both have a strange, salty tang in the top notes. While this would work for Mugler's scent, it does not for Beyonce's because in Pulse it smells as if they've dipped fruit in a gallon of salt. It's a very odd combination and I'm not sure if I like it. The dry down is pleasant enough though a few hours after spraying, just kind of forgettable. I can tell they were close to making an interesting perfume but something happened and the ball was dropped. Oh well, maybe next time Beyonce's noses can pull it together.

timothybcat
timothybcat

I'm sorry to those who wear this, but I really don't like it at all. Not that it's offensive or I would run from someone wearing it (which is the case with Mugler's Angel or Chloe Narcisse), but it's just sort of there, with no character. Perhaps it doesn't mix with my body chemistry. At the very beginning, I get some of the subtle tropical sweetness, but then that fades and I'm left with a scent that's clean but cheap, generic, and synthetic. I don't get a citrus gourmand impression at all; there's just nothing even vaguely food-y in this scent when I've worn it. Sorry guys, but to me Beyonce missed the mark on this one. She has such a dynamic flair, and I don't think this exemplifies her in any way.

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

had a tester of this and fell in love with it !!

why the dislikes?? Its gorgeous!!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I find this to be a strange scent...

Each stage of this perfume is fighting chaoticly with each other. The top is scratching the middle's eyes out while the middle is pulling on the bottom's hair. They seem to hate each other so much while the battle is taking place on my skin!

Overall, I get a sweet fruity aquatic with a cotton or powder chemical blend that never settles or finds peace.

wowgirl
wowgirl

This smells nice, but it's nothing original. When first sprayed on my skin, it smelled like the suave brand lotion of lavender vanilla, and upon dry down, it smelled on the clean side. I'm not jumping to get this, but it smells nice-particularly once it dries down.

sassa7
sassa7

Very interesting scent! I was not sure whether I liked it or not, but I kept smelling my wrist till I got home and took a shower, then I reached for my arm to seek this scent but it had gone. It does last long dont get me wrong. Im not yet sure if i like it, but I definitely like the fact that the smell of it is so special, something ive never smelled before, very original!!

Vamy69
Vamy69

I really like this perfume. It is different than other celeb fragrances out there. It smells like a yummy fruity martini or something. I just wish it was stronger. I put on 4 squirts and it only lasted about 30 minutes on me. What a bummer because I really do like the smell of this. Has anyone else out there had this perfume do a disappearing act on them?????

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Ms Knowles did a good job here.
I was very sceptical to try it as I usually stay away from celebs juices yet my curiosity reminded me of don't judge the book by its cover motto.
Here I am wearing Pulse and actually...loving it.
Loving it a lot.
Pulse is a lovely tasty fragrance dominated by vanilla coated orange slices and curacao in the beginning.
The most pronounced notes in heart are orchid and peony.
Pulse dries down to a cozy vanilla and gentle musk.
The fragrance all the way down the dry down alley balances between playful and soothing.
It will, no doubt, make a great 'companion' during long winter months; it will warm you up before you even think about cold.
It has decent silage and lasting power (about 5 hours).
The bottle although cute and rather innovative - is far from being practical. It wobbles in my wardrobe every time I slide the door.
Other than this, the colour scheme of the bottle and juice is perfect.
8.5/10.

ogofragrant
ogofragrant

Smells nice, light & fresh initially, but I hate the bathroomy drydown on me. Not a good change. I don't like that unpleasant deodorant scent as a perfume.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An initially intense smell which does not last very long

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-15 mins - A concoction of other smells - sticky oranges. Immense smell. Projection excellent

15 mins 1.5 hours - Develops its own smell and character. Projection ok

1.5 hours - 4 hours - No projection, close to skin

Not for me, not enough projection after first 15 mins

xsxcstarx
xsxcstarx

I had to smell this frgrance.tbh I thought it would'nt be very nice.but wow was I shocked its lovely! Its really fruity but almost spicy at the same time. Smelling it makes me feel like I should be in a hot country with a cocktail in my hand,the blue curaco smells delish!

maichar
maichar

I was quite skeptical when i tried as I have never really liked any of Beyonce or Celebrity fragrances for that matter. I was pleasantly surprised, I must add, it is really really sexy, and powdery, but not in a baby powder kind of way. I sprayed it as a tester yesterday, and got so many compliments at work, so I decided to go and buy it today. I can still smell it 6 hours on, and for the price I cant complain.
It reminds me of Emporio Armani Night,because I cant find it anyway, this is going to be the replacement for it. I am loving this, and its worth a try if you are into the powdery, vanilla kind of smell.

leenie1989
leenie1989

I love this! The opening smelled just like a summer cocktail to me, like Malibu mixed with fruit juice! I thought it smelled quite pineappley but that must just be me. Although it is fruity and sharp, the milky vanilla balances it out wonderfully. Longevity is ok, not amazing but still better than other celebrity scents. I will definitely be buying this, I got many compliments after spraying myself! The bottle is beautiful and the price is good too! Very impressive for a celebrity fragrance!

flora lee
flora lee

Had to try this because of the interesting mix of notes - a tropical cocktail that goes powdery and milky? Well yes it is and it does. I got the creamsicle effect from the curaçao and vanilla at first, and a bit of honey, but then the powdered freshness comes on a little too strong, and did happen to smell like a certain clorox cleaner product. Luckily that dissipates pretty quickly and what remains is a very nice milky sweet powder with a hint of orange. However this powder note reminds me of BBW Moonlight Path - not my fave kind of powder but hopefully for some this could work as a lighthearted, fun and clean scent.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

An unabashed clone of Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue by Bond N° 9. The vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, and curacao meld beautifully with the soft woods in the base. The effect is a lacquered wood, holiday potpourri fragrance, brightened with a hit of citrusy-sweet alcohol off the top. It's a fine effort by Coty, but the fragrance is sadly unoriginal, and done much better by Bond.

lhubbard33
lhubbard33

This started off bright and then, I would agree with the below poster, turned very much bathroom cleaner or air freshener. It was very strong for about three hours and then drifted off completely. I did not like it. Its pretty looking in terms of packaging.

Jilly B
Jilly B

I really like the bottle design, very futuristic, and was quite keen to test.

The opening, to me, smelled like orange boiled sweets I used to buy when I was a child, and I wasn't impressed, but I was looking forward to the 'milky' dry down which has been mentioned by some others.

Unfortunately, after 2 hours, the scent still smelled the same as it had when I'd first sprayed it, and I had to go and wash it off.

3 other ladies in my office also tested it, and maybe it's our age (ranging 40-50), but none of us liked it. I'm sure the target audience is much younger than us though!

Emma x

Quite a troipcal scent which reminds me a bit of miami glow by jlo. At first sniff i got a blast of frui, i couldnt really pick anything out, but it was sweet, a little bi like cocunut, i think i can smell curacao as it gives it quite a unique smell.
Overall it is nice, but i dont think its as good as heat :)

MimilovesBritney
MimilovesBritney

I'm going to have to test this one again...but on first impressions...Disgusting bottle...its like something from a Sci-Fi film?? And the smell at first was alcohol, thats it :/ Will give a second review I think..

Malibu

I was underwhelmed by Heat and Heat Rush and wasn't expecting much from PULSE as a result, but I've been pleasantly surprised. The alcoholic note gives this fragrance a uniqueness that Heat lacks.

On me the Curacao note is the strongest and it blends with the vanilla and musk, for a creamy yet slightly spicy mix. In short; a boozy cocktail. Don't get the impression that PULSE is too sweet though; the pear and bergamot give everything a fresh, watered down dimension.

The only floral note that I can place with any certainty is the peony note. So there is a slight negative to this, for the underdeveloped florals.

PULSE is sweet, but not too sweet and is perfect for this time of year [autumn/winter]. In warmer weather it may become sickly.

The only downside that springs to mind for me so far is the lasting power; four to five hours, so be prepared for top up sessions.

I'm still in the testing stage, but am almost positive that I will buy this.

mandashell

You know I like this. :) It was slightly nondescript when I first tested it but after numerous testings I've discovered that it actually has some character. It's a smooth, slightly creamy and tropical citrus scent with a little kick and a pinch of vanilla. Even though it has a definite tropical vibe it would be perfect to wear just about anytime. Pulse isn't very strong so the sillage and lasting power are weak to moderate, about 3-4hrs max on my skin. Doesn't remind me of anything else exactly but I am not WOWED to the point of it being a must have. I'm lost on the comparisons to Womanity because it isn't in the same league although it is different from many celeb fragrances. This kind of release is definitely a step in the right direction for Beyonce but Heat Elixir is still my fave of her collection. Overall the is a nice one from her line, but I'm sure if you sniffed around then you could find a scent similar to Pulse with a bit more oomph. Still, I'd possibly consider a purchase if the price was greatly discounted. :)

Liz7733
Liz7733

Love it! Citrus opening...and warm milky drydown. I can definitely are the Orange creamsicile comparision, only this is much more refined of course. There is also a little spicy kick that I'm not sure where it comes from. But overall it's lovely and a millon times better than her original endeavour. Good longevity.

eilismaireg

I've got it! Has anyone ever drank Malibu (coconut liqueur) and milk? It's one of my favourite vile concoctions and this reminds me of it very much!

eilismaireg

This is definately more original than most celeb scents and I get milk snd curacao together and nothing else. It smells very reminiscent of a summer holiday spent sipping cocktails and drinking milk of magnesia the next day to get rid of the hangover. It reminds me a little of 'Womanity' and other Muglers for that matter his creations are clearly the inspiration for both the scent and the fugly bottle which could have been more streamlined and elegant than this one! Different though, Beyonce!

APassionateJourney

I've been testing this for the whole month because I wanted to make sure I could do this review justice. This is, without a doubt, Beyonce's best, most complex fragrance yet. The fragrance starts out very citrusy but with a twang of some kind of fruit and then it dries down to a very sweet, milky scent on my skin. After that phase is done the sweet milk scent, very similar to Jo Malone's Sweet Milk eau de cologne that was released this year, dries down to a sweet milk twirling around in a vanilla field. It's pure sweet milk and Vanilla at the end. Jo Malone's sweet milk is discontinued and gone so if you loved that try this one. 20 minutes into it they're very similar but this one has more depth to it and doesn't stay the same on your skin

It continues transforming throughout it's whole stay on your skin. The body lotion doesn't really have the citrusy twang to it. It goes straight to the sweet milk smell but the body lotion had glitter in it so I gave it away :/. One of my favorite releases of the year along with Prada Candy

YumKitty
YumKitty

I haven't tested this on my skin, yet. However, on the testing strip, it smelled fruity. It was very nice. However, after it completely dried down, it smelled exactly like fruit punch. I'm not a fan of teeny bopper koolaid smells. So far, I like Heat Rush the best of all Beyonce's fragrances. I thought Pulse would take Heat Rush's place. But, the drydown ruined it. Who knows, it may smell different on my skin.

First Impression: delicious blue curacao drink and orange creamsicle. It keeps mixing around between powdery creaminess and juiciness. The sweet gourmand quality is near perfect for me and not all that sugary sweet. Flowers blended in well too. I can't tell what is what. The main thing is the smell of the curaçao and the fruit garnish. I really like this because it reminds me of a party and sometimes vacation. The bottle is one of the most unique out there.

takeasniff

I can't wait to try this I love Beyonce. I liked Heat. Beyonce likes the smell of baby powder or baby products a more natural smell so I guess this one reflects her taste more. I have not seen it here yet but my poor nose will be assaulted as soon as I do!!

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

Pulse starts out sweet & TANGY- its like a burst of citrus. Theres something else there too... its like a tangy blue razzberry. Then it turns into something soooooo AMAZING! Its a mixture of this Incredible vanilla/milk/rice smell. Its sooo comforting!

*the lotion*
the lotion isnt as tangy as the fragrance its mostly the vanilla &milk. when you squeeze it out of the tube the lotion has a tint of blue but goes on clear (obviously lol) & has silver sparkles

thanks jay for sending me a sample <3

jonr951

Pulse is definitely my favorite from Beyonce so far. It's delicious! The top is delicious sweet orange w/ a little tang. It reminds me of a creamsicle. Now to my absolute favorite part of the fragrance! I happen to think that one of the best, most comforting smells around comes from the Johnson&Johnson baby shampoo and that's what the rest of Pulse reminds me of. I know it's probably just me but that's what it reminds me of. And I love it. Bravo Miss Knowles. I'm looking forward to owning a bottle. I hope everyone else enjoys it too! Thanks! : )

lilmisswonder
lilmisswonder

I wish I could pre order this like u can from Macy's it sounds lush, but I live in the UK so prob have to wait ages after it's released in the US?

bbdgirl
bbdgirl

I can't say enough good things about this perfume. I tried this at Macy's today and I am in love. After about 10 minutes I realized that this was special. I was reluctant to try it but I am glad that I did. This is decidely different than anyhing that I would normally be attracted to but it smells good with my body's chemistry. To me this an anytime scent. It is hot and sexy. To me it is opens fruity, then becomes musky, warm a little aquatic and then it is clean, powdery and warm. This is just the bomb. I don't like to buy perfumes unless I have worn it for a few hours and I just love the way this wears on me. I have to pick this up ASAP.

Whit
Whit

I can't wait to try this one! I really liked Beyonce's other two fragrances. This one sounds very different too.

EDIT: Ok so I smelled this yesterday and it's very different from her other two, but in a good way. It's citrusy but not too much. I noticed a "minty" note but it wasn't anything bad, just unusual. It's really hard for me to describe this frag; it doesn't smell like anything I own that's for sure. Very, very different scent and I think it's gonna be one of those that people either love or hate. I, personally, love it but I have bought some other frags recently, so I will be waiting for a little while to purchase. My hubby is already like "Uhh, don't you have enough already?" Lol

EDIT: I finally bought this for myself (after Christmas present,Lol). This really is a great summer frag; the opening is a blast of citrus, then the blue curacao is most predominant. As for the dry down, it's somewhat woody with some slight nuances of the citrus and curacao and it sits very close to the skin. I've noticed that about her frags; they start off loud, but get oh so soft when they dry, leaving those around you to catch a small whiff as you walk by. Unique and different, that's what I like about it. :)

SandraV
SandraV

Mmm-this sounds yummy...the notes are all favorites of mine.I agree it is odd someone already 'disliked' it.

APassionateJourney

My #1 most anticipated fragrance release THIS YEAR! Here are the REAL list of notes

Coty’s release says that the new fragrance has notes in citrus and orchid. The bluebird orchid in Pulse, it says, has not been used in a fragrance before.
’Sparkling top notes of pear blossom, effervescent blue Curaçao accord and frosted bergamot give way to bluebird orchid, delicate peony and fragrant midnight blooming jasmine. Finally, Pulse is anchored by powerfully sexy, irresistible base notes: warm, opulent Madagascar vanilla, seductive musk and sensual precious woods,’ it says.

Someone already voted a "Dislike" for this. Weird. It isn't released yet :/

Beyonce Pulse Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Beyonce Pulse Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Beyonce Pulse Eau De Parfum Spray Summer Edition 100ml 3.4oz
Beyonce Pulse Eau De Parfum Spray Summer Edition 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Beyonce Pulse fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Beyonce Pulse, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pulse by Beyonce. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pulse by Beyonce represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.