Designers » B » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Pulse NYC Beyonce for women

Pulse NYC Beyonce for women
dislike

Pulse NYC Beyonce for women Pictures

The fragrance created in honor of the world capital, New York, is a novelty in line of fragrances by Beyonce. Its name is Beyonce Pulse NYC and this is the first fragrance with" Red Velvet Cupcakes" since this is one of favorite desserts in New York known for its aromas of vanilla and fine creamy filling. The composition leads us to the heart of the city offering contrasts among dynamic and casual locations. Selected notes describe beauty and passion of Beyonce, her style, excentricity, sexiness and sophistication.

Perfumer of the new edition creates a kind of ode to NY and he is Carlos Vinals of Symrise. Top notes incorporate a passionate fruity cocktail of raspberries, pears and pomegranate decorated with delicate notes of Arabic jasmine and peony flowers. The heart includes orchids growing and blooming in the center of the city even in hard conditions and are Beyonces favorite flowers. Base of the composition offers a gourmand blend of dessert of velvety cupcakes and warm, seductive patchouli.

Beyonce Pulse NYCis available in flacons shaped like previous editions Pulse and Pulse Summer Edition as15,30 and 50ml eau de parfum. Deodorant spray 150ml is also available. Pulse NYC was launched in 2013.

Pear Raspberry Pomegranate Jasmine Peony

Orchid

Cupcake Patchouli

Happy Spirit

Pulse NYC Fragrance Reviews

PerfumeLoveKK22
PerfumeLoveKK22

Nyc Pulse it a confusing gourmand. The pomegranet and pear are unessesery, the raspberry note was more then enough. The florals are soft and nice, but the cupcake and patchouli mixture is just a mess. It basically teases you with the cupcake accord adding a pinch of sweetness and evaporating faster then an eye blink;leaving you with a syntheic nauseating patchouli.

Rate:4/10
Pros:Decent enough to wear
Cons: No lasting power, weak, very little silage.

Treacherous
Treacherous

Love Beyonce and her music but not so much her fragrances. Would say this is the best of the worst. It's a pretty standard fruity floral fragrance, not one to rave on and on about. It is very sweet and has a juvenile quality to it. I use this as my gym scent, so at least I smell pleasant when working out. I hate the bottle, and the weird throne thing it sits on, the whole upside down thing is very annoying. Please come up with a better fragrance and a better bottle design for the future please Bey.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Looking for a substitute for Deci Dela, and with some digging I came across this one. Yes I know it's ladies, but the more research and testing I do, the more I realise that girls have such a better choice of fragrances, so many mens fragrances smell so generic. I digress, this is so good. I sprayed it 10 hours ago, and since sprayed Bvlgari Homme Soir on top, the Bvlgari has gone and I can still smell the Pulse NYC.
The opening hit is sugary raspberry, it takes its time to develop, but the sugary'ness continues and the patchouli starts to develop. I don't get the floral notes in this at all, just the fruity notes and cupcake. It is definitely a gourmand scent, perfect for use day or night.
The lasting power I find incredible, 10 hours or so, I know it's edp but it really does have incredible longevity, weird that guys and girls have said I smelled really good. One I will use sparingly, very very similar to Nina Ricci's Deci Dela, which is sadly a thing of the past.
I have to say when I started delving into fragrances I was put off by Celebrity names, but I have to say some of them are seriously good, this one, and the original being among the best, the Summer version is on order, so I will be reviewing that soon.
Only criticism here would be the bottle, it's a bit on the tacky side, and not the most sturdy design. All in all, LOVE!!!

Malibu

I didn't like this perfume when I originally tested it, but after trying it now that it is summer I enjoyed it enough to buy a cheap bottle. It reminds me a bit of Midnight Heat - not necessarily in scent, but in the way that the fragrance is based around the clash of fruits and patchouli.

The pomegranate actually lasts throughout the fragrance, as does a trace of raspberry. There is a undercurrent of butter/vanilla cupcake too, but it is less noticeable to me now that it is warmer.

Pulse NYC loses some points with me as the florals are a largely unidentifiable jumble, hidden behind the patchouli.

Pasaka
Pasaka

I'd define this perfume as chic & cheap. very nice smell and brilliant combination of pomegranate, patchouli & cupcake. Very energetic and vibrant smell. I like it :D

la_klaire
la_klaire

Can't wait to try this one out especially since it says it has red velvet cupcake :) my favorite dessert....

Sannee77
Sannee77

A creamy sugary cupcake served with fruit punch. It's everything the notes say it is, fruity, flowery and sweet. Girly and flirty and young. Very artificial though, and if you're a serious patchouli lover like me, you might be a bit disappointed. I find the patchouli note here to be quite chemical and indistinct, I like my patchouli quite raw and "dirty".

Overall a pretty fragrance, but not for me. And I don't get the name or the bottle. This fragrance has absolutely no New York vibe, and it's really a pink fragrance, not a turquoise one.

ChesleyMusic
ChesleyMusic

AMAZING!!! MORE ELECTRIFYING THAN THE ORIGINAL!

jdokicfan
jdokicfan

Thought id love this based on the notes and blind bought it, but i think the patchouli wrecks it for me, its okay but really nothing special at all all i get is a patchouli cup cake smell!

jackiec87
jackiec87

Although I believe that the only notes this has in common with rihanna's reb'l fleur is patchouli I think it smells very similar to that fragrance. It is a much sweeter lighter version but It very much reminds me of re'l fleur.

newton904@hotmail.co.uk
newton904@hotmail.co.uk

Bought this as a blind purchase after reading reviews and on a great deal at £10.50.
Not a bad perfume - sprayed one spray on my wrist lunchtime to test - and I can still smell this at 7pm - sweet, floral and I like it. Longevity seems quite good on my skin which normally is not the case.

nightcat23
nightcat23

I don't know why this is a Pulse flanker, it has very little in common with the other scents except for the bottle. I didn't like the other Pulse's. The orange creamsicle smell made me nauseous so I wasn't sure about this one until I smelt it. It's delicious. It's bright and fruity in the top and you can really smell the pomegranate and raspberry. Then I mostly get a sweet patchouli cupcake smell. It's nice and yummy. The base smells like delicious baked goods.

diggerbey
diggerbey

Ok I dont know what any of these negative reviews are talking about this perfume is gorgeous.I like some Beyonce scents Heat being my favorite by her but Pulse NYC trumps it by a landslide. This perfume is just delicious its not too strong but not too subtle its just good enough to get noticed. The scent is juicy and sweet on intial spray and it continues to wrap you in a fruity patchouli blanket with the cupcake accord giving it that creamy quality. Beyonce and the perfumer hit it out of the ball park with this one. I stongly suggest you to try it out, its fairly affordable and the lasting power is insane just 3 sprays in the morning got me thru the day and my days usually end at around 9pm. Ignore the negative reviews its just snobby people going on about how celebrity perfumes arent quality. Well this is quality its just at a reasonable price.

KVM
KVM

it's very vanilla cake sweet, i don't usually like sweet perfumes but i quite like this one

takeasniff

This has grown on me. I gave a rather negative review of it because truthfully at the time I was sick of this sort of smell. There is Flowerbomb, Angel, Wish, Jimmy Choo and so at one stage every perfume seemed to be a rip off of those or a combination of 1 or 2 of them.

The more I wear this the more I like it. Jimmy Choo turns too soapy, musky, Flowerbomb too heavy with the powder, Wish is nice no problem with that and Angel well need to go light with that one.

This one has the aspects of all the ones mentioned above but it keeps the fruity sweet touch that rounds it out nicely it doesn't just dry to powder or soap and musk. I have seen Jimmy Choo Exotic advertised and this NYC Pulse is what I imagine Jimmy Choo Exotic to resemble. A nice mixture of powder and fruit and cupcake and no dreaded soap lurking around.

I still don't think this reminds me of anything to do with New York but it is one of Beyonce's nicest but of course it is a limited edition. Why do the nicer ones have to be limited. I get sick of Heat Rush and Heat but I have not found myself getting sick of this one it suits my skin very well it blends in it doesn't assault me like some celeb perfumes. Hopefully there will still be bottles floating around in the future that I can continue to buy because I would repurchase this I have done an about turn on this fragrance. This is why I never give up, you never know what you might like in time to come;)

Lala000
Lala000

I just got this perfume. I absolutely love it! It smells sweet, but not to the point that it makes you sick. It's warm,cozy scent.I would say it's adult kind of sweet.
To me,this perfume is relly unusaul,it's different,therefore it would make great signature scent,you'll definately be noticed,while wearing this stuff.
I love it,absolutely love it!!

bunny.temper
bunny.temper

One word: NASTY. I was blanketed in some chemical sweet powdery junk, made me sick. Alien by Thierry Mugler is similar to this. Get Alien. This stuff smells like very cheap cologne.

camiyoko
camiyoko

Meh. I bought this blind a few months ago after reading reviews and finding it "for cheap" at Marshalls. Not what I expected. It had potential but it lacks depth. On me, what you spray is what you get. I'd hoped it would develop more and the listed notes, like patchouli, would be stronger. I personally found it too sweet and somewhat boring (see my previous point). I also think it smells kind of generic in a way. You'd think " a scent the reps NYC would smell more sophisticated...playful....unique. However I'm pretty sure I've smelled this before. Wish there was more flower power (Jasmine), woods and patchouli (patch fan here) but its mostly a strawberry cupcake with a hint of floral.

Its not a bad scent just not what I was expecting. The longevity is poor. Sillage is good! Not my fav but I'll keep it and give it another chance eventually. As of now its not on my radar.

Very aggressive scent, better to use carefully, not too much drops of it! Far too vibrant to me, even if I like sweet fragrances. Surely it matches Beyonce, with her great life energy.

margaret.tolliver
margaret.tolliver

@all love your collective reviews on all perfumes. I try to buy according to input from professional "sniffers" and reviews like all those in this forum This is especially helpful because the perfume bloggers only review a limited amount of fragrances,and then they lead towards releases from expensive niche frags--which I do like and indulge in but I can not shell out $200 for each purchase. Occasionally, they will review a mass market release, some under 100 bucks. All the luxury retailers are at a mall over 20 minutes away; so many of my purchases are blind.

janelle70
janelle70

Tested at 5:30pm yesterday. Weaker longevity than Pulse; seemingly went to drydown in less than an hour. Smelled the floral cupcake for just a bit then it was just a [faint] patchouli for the stretch. 7 am now, still a trace, but very weak really.

Voopie
Voopie

I am not into celebrities perfumes or Beyonce ( infact I don´t even like her). However, today at Douglas I recived a tester with Pulse NYC and I must say I am suprised, Pulse NYC works with my chemistry - sweet but not to sweet, cherry ( ???) cupcakes and wood. It´s not strong and after 2 hours it´s almost gone but those 2 hours every very very cosy. I think this is a light sweet winter pefume, I don´t know if I will every buy it because as far I hate every single one of her other perfumes ( teenage bombs!!) but this one is worth a try. I have alreday ordered the body lotion from ebay :)

zane-zane
zane-zane

I bought this perfume based on a review. Big mistake :)
Luckily my colleague likes these kind of perfumes.

The reason I bought this was because I wanted something sweeter than usual, but not too heavy.
This is a very heavy perfume, it even may give you a headaches. It is very long lasting and strong. The main note that i could sense was cotton candy with peony.

I would recommend this perfume in case you like sweet and heavy perfume, because it really lasts long and you cannot ignore it.

LEZ 7
LEZ 7

I love this perfume. The dry down on my skin is the same as chopard wish.

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

Where to begin I bought this perfume at tj maxx for $10 wow what a steal for the 50ml!! The scent opens up very very sweet but not candy sweet I get more of the baked goods sweet hence the red velvet cupcake! The open is awesome but the only thing that I have a problem with is I don't smell any of the patchouli which sucks because I love this note and was excited to see it mixed with cupcakes!! But all in all this is an awesome scent I would say its better/more complex than the original. The lasting power on me is about 6-7 hours which is awesome! So if u find this for the price I did don't turn it down especially since its limited edition 10/10

Princess Brittany
Princess Brittany

I was so surprised to see this at one of the TJ Maxx's in my area for $10! Got it tonight! Wasn't planning on getting it.. but when I saw the 50ml so cheap & knowing it's a recent scent and has patchouli which I love I had to snatch it up! And I'm glad I did... It's Wonderful! Awesome sillage,and I've had it on for all night it's as if I just sprayed it. I'm loving this! But it's limited edition... I better get another one quick!

BritneyJLOMariahperfumes
BritneyJLOMariahperfumes

I just bought this at TJ MaXx for $20.00 tonight, and I think this is amazing! I was super surprised to find it at TJMaxx, for 1. It is not even quite 6 months old yet, so It's pretty new and 2. I thought this was a limited Edition for NYC only? This gives me hope we may see Beyoncé's new Limited Edt. Heat Mrs.carter in concert bla,bla whatever, in TJ Maxx and Marshal's soon, so I will not spend the big bucks for it and get it for 20 or 30 dollars in 6 months or so. It's worth a shot and will save about 50 bucks like I just did with Pulse NYC! :)

AkkaPoom
AkkaPoom

I really LOVE this perfume. The first time I smelled this I thought the smell was too strong but after it dried down the smell is just like heaven. It's not too sweet. It reminds me of cupcake. It'd become one of my favorite fragrances now.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I bought this at TJ Maxx and fully expected to like it. I really enjoy the original Pulse. At first spray it smelled semi promising. After even just a few minutes though this scent let me down. The strong patchouli in this ruins this perfume for me. Sometimes I don't mind patchouli, but it has to be done rather lightly and well for me to enjoy it. It also dried down to be a mostly all patchouli smell. And the longevity and sillage seemed to be weak on me too.

I still have to try Pulse Summer edition. I think that will probably be a better fit for me.

RyeJoseph
RyeJoseph

I live in the states, and I had no luck finding this ANYWHERE- I mean… ANYWHERE. I was in TJ Maxx the other day, and there were two 1.7 oz bottles for 14.99 each!! I bought both (hey, if I didn't like them I could easily sell them on ebay as they're going for around 80 usd right now). Ever since February, I was greatly anticipating trying Pulse NYC because my favorite dessert is Red Velvet anything. This perfume is CLEAN, SWEET, AND SULTRY. It is creamy- mostly due to the pears, I believe. Pulse NYC is reminiscent of Katy Perry's Meow (due to the candied pears accord). Pulse NYC is one of the most unique fragrances I have smelled (and I've smelled just about everything from the clearance colognes at K mart to Creed, Bond no 9, and Chanel). Pulse NYC is definitely a night time scent, great for dates (not the first), and is very sophisticated. the patchouli is evident throughout the fragrance, and it is picante yet comforting, and very classy. This is a "grown" scent- by that I mean more so a coming-of-age thing. 18-30, and even upwards can rock this. Since it does smell clean, I must say it has a breeze of elegance, a warm, sweet touch, and a great clarity of soul. Longevity is around 8 hours on me, PLEASE wear this at night, as during the day you will CHOKE someone, and sillage is phenomenal!

clancyann
clancyann

Pulse NYC is a nice fragrance. To my nose, it smells a lot like Estee Lauder Pleasures Delight, sort of a legere, less expensive version; the sweetness, fruitiness, and patchouli are all there in both. Sillage and longevity are very weak, so much so that to wear this fragrance in a sustainable way, you'd really have to decant some into a purse spray and reapply several times throughout the day. If I didn't already have Pleasures Delight, I'd like to have this perfume, but PD is much better.

divaofdevotion
divaofdevotion

This one is nothing like the original Pulse or the Summer edition to Pulse...I am a fan of all three but this one is way different that the first two. I agree that is does have a sweet smell that kind of reminds me of chocolate at first, then a nice cupcake, then the floral I smell last... I was blessed to find it for $14.99... I love it!

HoneyAmber
HoneyAmber

I bought Pulse NYC few days ago only because I have read here it is similar to Prada Candy and because it was on a sale. Well... I have to say it is totally different to Prada Candy! I don't understand how so many people voted it is similar. However today I discovered all those votes are deleted off this page. Weird...
I also own Beyoncé's original Pulse and surprisingly the dry dawn of it slightly reminds me of Prada Candy. Very slightly. Something soft powdery and caramelish, but still not close to Prada Candy.

pompous
pompous

I remember smelling this a month or so ago. BUT! When I did, I didn't think of Prada Candy at all. I was not intentionally trying to compare them, so it might be similar, but overseeing a dupe which has had this many people see a similarity this quickly surely would have had me raise my eyebrows at it, right? Especially considering Candy has been my most worn perfume the last year or so.

I sort of fear that the fact that this perfume has had that many "people" say it's like Prada Candy is just dirty marketing. 155 people say they have it, want it or have had it. 425 people say it smells like Prada Candy. Not a single review comparing it to Candy. I reacted at Beckham's Intimately IMMEDIATELY, and saw it as a watered down Pure Poison from the first sniff. 71 comparison points. Reviews reflect those 71 points. Look at Paris Hilton's first perfume. At the moment 142 comparison points to Ralph by Ralph Lauren. Tons of reviews comparing the two and pointing out the fact that it's a dupe. Why do we not see that here with the astonishing 425 points? Beware.

EDIT: Just to clarify, nothing against Beyonce, and I don't have any reason to believe this is dirty marketing other than the very, very strange stats. I would LOVE for this perfume to be a Candy dupe since I've been looking for one ever since it was launched!

EDIT2: Wait a second now! Were the comparisons to Candy just removed?

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This smells exactly like Victorias Secret "Secret Craving".

Does everything smells the same nowadays, or is it just my nose...?!

ZaryeGard
ZaryeGard

I got this from Tjmaxx today! :) Soooooooo excited it finally came to a store and I didn't have to buy it online again!

It doesn't really smell anything like the original! It's more different. More fruity, by far! Personally, I hate the original Pulse but love this one!

The bottle is really nice too!

Shahrul123
Shahrul123

My bestfriend bought this perfume.Really love smelling it.Somehow has good longevity.Good buy.He really loves it!

jonr951

Omg I found the sparkling mist spray of Pulse NYC today at TJMaxx and it smelled delicious, but I know it doesn't compare to the actual edp! The mist smelled like JLOs Love & Light to me. U would think that the PERFUME bottles would show up soon. Let's hope! : )

Whit
Whit

I only have the perfumed body lotion to this because apparently, it never made it to the department stores where I live, or it did and was gone faster than a blink of the eye. I bought it at one of the local Ross stores because it was super inexpensive.

Well, I'm kinda impressed with this one. On my skin it smells like cupcakes and patchouli which may sound not so great, but it's not a bad combo. I get a little bit of fruit, but mostly cupcake and the patchouli keeps it from being overly sweet, but adds an earthiness to the scent. It's one of those casual scents that is fun to wear while hanging out with friends or doing errands. Keep in mind I only have the lotion, so the longevity is moderate with low sillage, but layering the perfume would make the scent last longer. I think a person could wear this year round as I don't think it would be too cloying in the heat.

PerfumeManiac101
PerfumeManiac101

Pulse NYC is a fruity chocolate smell. It smells like a fruit market with a hint of florals. Then it starts to smell like red velvet cupcake. Then the orchid comes with a hint of earthiness. It smells amazing! I luv it! I highly recommend it. Beyoncé did it again!

stefanie.vieweg
stefanie.vieweg

I was drawn by the holographic package that the perfume comes in. I wanted to add a Beyonce fume to my collection anyways, so I gave Pulse NYC a try.
On the first sniff I thought of Pineapples, so I have been very surprised that theres actually no Pineapple in the notes at all!`But still it smells like Pineapple in the beginning to me. Maybe that´s because of the Pomegranate, I don´t know. Later on it calms down and gets sweeter and warmer, but still there´s this fresh fruity undertone and you can defenetly smell some cake, which I think is awesome!
I love gourmand scents and this one is really nice!
The longer I wear it, the more I like it. It has this vanilla cake rasperry scent that is really delicious, but it´s not too heavy.
I think it´s a good gourmand scent to wear during the summer. I think I´m going to love it!

theprophetblog
theprophetblog

NYC women are supposed to smell cool and sophisticated. Not like sickly cupcakes and sugary fruits.

asta.ksivickaite
asta.ksivickaite

don't know why so many people hate it. i love it. i imagine warm summer night, a glass of white wine and my loved one next to me.

LuSlovakia
LuSlovakia

my first impression was: If this is how NYC women should smell like...I feel sorry for them. Bleh. Then, after 3 hours on skin it finally smells nice, sweet and balmy. But 3 hours is way too long, especially when there are hundreds of parfums which make you feel special right after you spritz.

lizzie81
lizzie81

I couldn't decide whether or not I liked this latest Beyonce offering. On initial spray, there is a strong unusual note that seems to last until drydown which caught me off gaurd and several days later of musing on the subject, I still am undecided about. I am assuming this is the Pomegranate note, although I could be wrong as I couldn't positively identify it. This is placed on a 'Beyonce' base which appeals to me, reminiscent of her original 'Pulse'. The dydown however is almost exactly like Beyonce's 'Midnight Heat' (my absolute favourite of her scents), but the longevity is not as good (and MH is not great in the longevity dept). All in all, I guess it is different enough (from MH) to own both if you are a particular fan of Beyonce fumes, however seeing as I already have MH and prefer it I can't really justify owning it myself along side.

JAiiHarmony
JAiiHarmony

Just recieved it from eBay today!! Just tested it out & loved it! Smells very sweet almost baked goods sweet mixed with fruits. I've only had it on for about an hour so I can't say much about how long it lasts. However, I just wanted to review it so much since I was excited lol. I am happy with it thus far & am happy with my purchases. I can say that towards the dry down I can smell the red velvet cupcake note moreso then in the initial spray. It's great if you like that style of scents or just love Beyoncé & add the beauty to your collection. Thanks for reading!

P.S.
If anyone knows of where it's being sold in the U.S. I'd love to know. In addition, if anyone from overseas is interested in selling a bottle, lotion, or shower gel please let me know via Private message. Thanks in advance!

takeasniff

I purchased a large bottle of this because it was cheaper than the smaller one at the time and I thought oh good how could you go wrong I don't mind most of B's perfumes this should be a pleaser.

NOPE!!

B should just stop trying the fruity,patchouli trend because she does not do it well. I am sure she had great intentions as she is always on trend but in the case of this style that is in the perfume world at the moment B has missed the boat.

This smells like Jimmy Choo or Flowerbomb mixed with water and some other indistinguishable notes all mixing together like a summer version of Jimmy Choo or Flowerbomb and a little of Heidi Klums shine summer edition executed extremely poorly.

Then there is the whole "red cupcakes" saga. I can think of a million things to represent the buzz of New York and Beyonce thinks of "red cupcakes" really B common that is just going off on a tangent in a major way. Incidentally I cannot smell anything remotely like cupcakes, who thinks of red velvet cupcakes when they are in New York?

I do spritz this on if I am at home or going to do shopping or something casual but something about it just gets up my nose and I keep trying to put my finger on what it smells like because it always gives you the impression it smells like something out there but you realise eventually it doesn't it is just a bit of a mess and winds up just being a confusing experience for the whole time you wear it. It doesn't ever seem to have it's own personality it's like she said ok I am going to follow the trend and put out a perfume with patchouli tick, indistinguishable fruit tick, raspberries tick oh and slap the name Pulse on it, that will do just chuck it out there I am sure people will love it.

I don't and I am disappointed I didn't have any expectations I like to just smell a flanker with an open mind but this was a shock just not what I would ever have expected to smell.

People are right in saying it smells like Midnight Heat which was OK on a good day so why bottle something that smells so similar and executed even worse. Very strange.

Let's hope she comes out with either another Heat that smells completely different or try Pulse again but just avoid the whole patchouli, fruit clash.

Szonja
Szonja

I have a huge impression that Coty has reused Kylie's now discontinued Showtime EDT recipe, because this is almost the same scent, except that Pulse NYC is less characteristic. While the notes were distinguishable in Showtime and it had a cool girly sweet aura, all I can smell in Beyoncé's new line is a sugary mess. Actually I really liked Showtime, but lately I'm absolutely not satisfied with the Coty 'quality' that means no sillage, no composition and no originality. Pulse NYC would be a total waste of money. A simple deodorant spray makes more sense.

missyumyum
missyumyum

This was the fragrance I was most looking forward to trying this year and now I have I'm actually kind of angry I think beyonce does a decent job with her fragrances excluding this one so my expectations were high . This perfume is confusing to say the least , the notes sound fruity and yummy gourmand and this is the opposite all I can smell is patchouli maybe if this wasn't a note this might of had a chance at being half decent all I can say is I. Hope someone else creates a perfume with red velvet cupcake as a note and that it's gourmand and yummy like this was supposed to be

Malibu

I quite like the original Pulse, so I was keen to try this. After what seemed like forever a store near me finally received stock, so was the wait worth it?

Nope. All I get from PULSE NYC is a mild and watery mix of raspberries and pear, followed quickly by a unidentifiable powdered floral notes. This soggy fruit salad is rounded of with a hint of buttery vanilla.

The staying power is non-existent, which is why I've been unable to write a detailed review. Within half an hour of application I couldn't smell a thing - no, I'm not exaggerating.

Such a let down. Pulse was nice and Midnight Heat was a very pleasant surprise, so this sudden nosedive in the quality came as a shock. PULSE NYC is something I'd expect Kylie Minogue/Coty to come out with.

sugahuni
sugahuni

A lovely perfume,shares similarities between heat and midnight heat which i adore.

RyanLovesFragrances
RyanLovesFragrances

To me this fragrance did not represent New York City at all, and the scent was noticeably similar to Midnight Heat. Not only that, but the scent itself wasn't anything striking or glamorous like New York City. It just smelt cheap and quickly produced. I am a fan of Beyonce's fragrances and I feel like a lot of her past ones have all been either hits or misses, but this one was a waste of an excitement buildup. I do not dislike the fragrance but the problem is that the scent and name of the fragrance simply do not match.

SBunny
SBunny

This opens with the red fruits, sticky and sweet. Quite quickly a floral powderness seeps through along with the pear making it like an odd powdery fruit salad. It's almost like there's too much going on. When it dries it tames with a fruity patchouli finish.

This is not cakey at all. It starts sweet which could be the cake adding some oomph to the fruits but I do wish it was more gourmand. I see the Midnight Heat resemblance as they dry very similar with the fruity patchouli.

Overall this is nice. The original Pulse is the best. This is a bit of everything. Sweet, fruity, floral, patchouli. It seems like a good all rounder that could be worn any season as it's not overwhelming.

Lasting power is average around 4 hours with decent sillage.

P.s. UK fans this is currently an exclusive at The Fragrance Shop if you wanna try it out :)

ThePerfumeGuy
ThePerfumeGuy

This perfume is very very similar to Midnight Heat if you ask me.

I do think it starts off a bit sweeter than Midnight, you really do get a burst of fruitiness when you first spray it on, to me it seems like more of a candy sweet when compared to Midnight.

However it's during the dry down that the similarities come through more, I think they are almost indistinguishable!

As for the red velvet cupcake note, I don't think it's noticeable at all, it does probably contribute to the sweetness but it's no where near as sweet as some of the Britney fragrance... There was a brief period where I felt like I really could smell this note but it didn't last very long.

I would recommend this but if you're not really into buying many perfumes I'd recommend smelling this and Midnight Heat and seeing which you prefer, personally I like this more.

This is very similar to Heat . I detect some orchid in the top notes. It is sweet, but certainly not great. I expected more complexity in the scent, this is like a remake of Heat mixed in with some Pulse notes. Not impressed thank goodness I got only a 15 ml.
Looking at the notes I expected a sexy cocktail, not so. Rather linear and boring, and weak.

RoseAmongThorns
RoseAmongThorns

This is by NO means a sweet fragrance.., it is very similar to heat. I love the "heat" fragrances, but was expecting this one to be cupcake sweet (according to the notes listed)
i do have to admit, I am not a huge fan of the Pulse line of fragrances. :/

I though this could be nice, but I get no cupcakes or yummy notes. I just get a very mixed sweet disaster that is not of my likes.

almarie
almarie

Where is this being sold already?

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Ahh the notes are making me excited to try this scent! I love pomegrante, orchids, and raspberry so hopefully this does not disappoint (and I hope its better than midnight heat which sucked).

zetsuboukatie
zetsuboukatie

This looks nicer than the original but I'm not sure if her perfumes have much staying power..

themattsky
themattsky

The original Pulse is awfully boring and the bottle looks so cheap! I hope this one is better

jonr951

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her original Pulse so NYC is definitely a must try and have for me! NSTperfume said it has a red velvet cupcake note so I truly cannot wait to experience this one! I adore red velvet! : )

Pulse NYC by Beyonce 3.71 out of 5 based on 190 ratings and 62 user reviews

Beyonce Pulse Nyc Perfume by Beyonce, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Beyonce Pulse Nyc Perfume by Beyonce, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Beyonce Pulse Nyc Perfume by Beyonce, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
BEYONCE PULSE NYC for WOMEN by Beyonce EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Beyonce Pulse NYC Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Beyonce Pulse NYC Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Beyonce Pulse NYC Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Beyonce Pulse NYC Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Beyonce Pulse NYC fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Beyonce Pulse NYC, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pulse NYC by Beyonce. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pulse NYC by Beyonce represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.