Designers » B » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Bijan Men Bijan for men

Bijan Men Bijan for men
dislike

Bijan Men Bijan for men Pictures

Bijan Men was presented in 1981 and re-launched in 1987. It starts off with mandarin, lavender, nutmeg, musk, oakmoss, fruity notes, lemon, bergamot and sage oil. The heart follows with iris, cinnamon, sandalwood, fir, amber, carnation, honey, jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang and tarragon. Base notes include rosemary, clove, patchouli, vetiver, benzoin, cedar, leather, Tonka, vanilla and musk. This is the 1988 FiFi award winner.

Nutmeg Fruity Notes Lavender Mandarin Orange Musk Oakmoss Sage Bergamot Lemon

Honey Carnation iris Sandalwood Fir Amber Cinnamon Tarragon Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose

Rosemary Cloves Leather Tonka Bean Patchouli Musk Benzoin Vanilla Vetiver Cedar

Adoration
Oro 1920

Bijan Men Fragrance Reviews

TheSultan
TheSultan

its an outstanding cheapie. It's strong but not overwhelming. I love thr pepper/honey/lemon/sandlewood combination. I've always thought it smelled like a very expensive hand soap. I've even smelled the vintage formulation, and it's pretty much the same smell you find in the most recent reformulation. This isnt unisex. Its pretty much a straight up dude's fragrance.

KellyGrant
KellyGrant

Maybe its just me, but I think Bijan is almost a gourmand. To me it smells like a box of fresh doughnuts with a bit of vanilla added. The initial spray is a tad bit harsh but it quickly gives way to a soft but persistent spicy vanilla base. It is a comforting scent. Very potent: two sprays (three max) and it will stay with you all day. One of the most complimented scents I have.

Belvedere
Belvedere

This was my signature scent in the 90s. Bold masculine spicy long lasting and a real compliment generator. The bottle was very unique and the cap felt like granite. I have a feeling that this will not smell so good now, not because of the quality but tastes have changed. This was never a daytime scent but I imagine this can still smell really good on a night out, when I find a bottle I will see if it lives up to the memory.

vonMises
vonMises

I have the most recent formulation. The claims about this being excessively strong or over-the-top are at least a little exaggerated. This is not a weak fragrance, but there are at least a few others in my small collection that are much stronger than this. Xeryus Rouge is just one example.

This is so well balanced, I don't know how there could be so many complaints as I see below. There is mild honey, several mild spices, and a very natural smelling amber -- and I'm comparing this to both Annick Goutal's Amber Fétiche and Sonoma Scents Studio's Ambre Noire.

There is probably no natural oakmoss in the mix, as it is not listed (Evernia prunastri), but I'm not sure it is required to list that on the box in the US yet. Regardless, this smells quite good. There are no distracting or bothersome artificial ingredients that I can tell.

This is an ambery, spicy, sweet, fragrance, approaching a luxuriousness that is surprising and enjoyable.

The ingredients list on the box:

Alocohol denat., fragrance (parfum), water (aqua), benzophenone-2, propylene glycol, BHT, yellow 5

There must be a number of things in the little grouping of "fragrance (parfum)" because this is quite complex. And the notes are well separated, recognizable. This is not just a blob of some unique smell, which is commonly the effect when they go too cheaply with ingredients.

Very good stuff!

spankrabbit
spankrabbit

I've always wanted to try Bijan Men but its reputation and my hit-or-miss luck with 80s powerhouse perfumes held me back until now.

There's a lot going on here. By looking at the notes you would think this is a train wreck in a bottle...but it all comes together nicely. Bijan Men is an excellent evening fragrance. I have the toned down reformulation and I can imagine how beastly the vintage might have been.

Bijan Men is similar to Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui in the opening but it thankfully loses the churchy incense quickly. The honeyed cinnamon middle notes last the longest for me with a hint of nutmeg and cloves showing up near the end. I don't get an outright floral feel anywhere. This dries down to a smooth patchouli and leather mix. The overall vibe is more cinnamon/spice than sandalwood.

Definitely a powerhouse fragrance but I don't think it's obnoxious like Kouros, Van Cleef's Tsar or Salvador Dali Pour Homme. It's perfect for a night out but I'd be hesitant to wear it at the office...probably best for cool weather.

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

All this fragrance has going for it is the cool bottle. That's it. It is the most horrible smell I have ever smelled. I don't even think my father or grandfather would be caught dead wearing this garbage. And they're in the preferred age bracket for this stuff. Ive smelled the women's because my mom has the women's and wears it and of course it's amazing. It can be worn by pretty much any age. This one however is for men in they're 90's. This may actually beat english leather.

funnyboy
funnyboy

I have a bottle of the vintage cologne in splash bottle.
I only wear this occasionaly and it surely is not a fragrance for warm weather.
Rather acidic and potent,
at first.
Then I can smell amber ,
oakmoss and spices and after 8 hours I can still smell spices and incense.
Very strong!!!
Not to be worn in an enclosed space but this has a certain warm feeling about it even after all day wearing
Still unsure whether I like this or not. I don't find it sophisticated maybe a little harsh. Don't think I will wear to work anymore as I usually get told how nice I smell..I could definitely smell this on me but no comments from my co workers. Maybe this is a sign??
The nearest fragrance in my collection which has a similar vibe is Witness by Jaques Bogart which I think I prefer...

frisc.rio
frisc.rio

Thanks to Cassiano's review I could discover this wonderful fragrance. Sexual and classic male scent!

massmurderer
massmurderer

An absolute atrocity of a fragrance that dares to alienate everyone within a 30 meter radius. Synthetic, presumptuous, bombastic and unrefined, this is for men who simply associate it with a nice time in their lives but aren't objective enough to realize the scent itself could have ignited World War III if the Russians would have gotten ahold of the formula first.
If you are into self-torture, self-mutilation or self-loathing, this is the perfect fragrance to pick up and drown yourself in. Absolutely a do not buy, the packaging tells a story in itself of how cheap and un-refined Bijan truly was but how in-style flashy and plastic were in the mid-1980's.
If you buy this, you will end up regretting it. Save your $15 and buy a nice bottle of Pierre Balmain BalMan instead.

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

i too hate the word 'dated' but with this one...i'm sorry...i've tried & i've tried but no...it's for (grand)dads...not for people under 55...i do understand why it could have been a popular fragrance (...), but it's really no match compared to other real 'timeless' old school frags like polo and kouros...

vgd
vgd

So similar to Cabochard Gres. if u know gres consider more leather and less tobacco. That's it!

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Why do almost all 80's colognes smell the same in the drydown? Dry leather and oakmoss. Again, not my thing.

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

I just don't understand how this frag won a FiFi award, I mean was cocaine that prominent in the 80`s where it blew out the olfactory ability to blend a great perfume all the way into the drydown? Bijan Men is extremely complicated... Entirely way too much going on. The opening and middle are gorgeous, spicy floral, you name it, it`s going on. If this was the full enchilada then I`d give it a great review, but it`s not. Then comes the drydown, ick! I very rarely knock a fragrance, but this dry down is just plain gross, it ruins the whole experience... The finalty is the typical nastiness of Oakmoss blended in the worst way with a nuclear persistence reminiscent of a hemorrhoid that just wont go away and for a perfect example, I sprayed a few sprays on my chest an could STILL smell this mess on me well past 2 days even with bathing twice, and that Oakmoss is in the topnotes! In other words, yep, Old Lady/Bingo Room, ugh!! Why does this happen to so many perfumes, and who in their right mind ever thought that a dirty diaper was attractive smelling? If you've ever encountered this then you know exactly what I'm getting at.

I only keep Bijan Men around because I think the flacon is super cool in its originality...

Yushcan
Yushcan

after one hour it is 500% identical to Equipage from Hermes. Both from the same era of Chic and old fashion Charm. Must be in a collection but only one of them )))

Redbeard
Redbeard

This one really is a beast. I decided not to keep it, but it was a harder call to make than with some of its kin because it's a bit more appealing. The top notes have a nice fruitiness like Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui, and a dry cigarette-smokiness which doesn't bother me like it does in Floris Elite or Hermes Vetiver Tonka. It also has a black or purple waxy quality, like Preferred Stock but not as sweet. As others have said, though, while a lot of its components are very interesting, the total force is so strong and loud that it's difficult to deal with. The mid notes bring more honeyed sweetness, which reminds me of the dreaded Halston Z-14, resplendent with all its gold chains and chest hair. Yet the sharp herbs also remind me of the much dustier Yatagan, or the much older Trumper's Eucris; to me Bijan has more of a connection back to the older generations of men's fragrances than other powerhouses do. As with ODLR Pour Lui, I kept it a for a while, intrigued by the small but key facets that differentiate it from its peer group, but in both cases I finally had to say enough is enough: too strong and too dated.

markino
markino

I got a bottle today and im totally in love with it!! Finally an 80's fragrance which is still no afraid to be itself as it used to be in 1987. Far away from turning a big a classic scent signature fragrance in a cheap and common perfume, Bijan has kept the essence of the 80's in place. I don t understand why is there the need to reformulate old classic fragrance which can be still vey wearable now, when every year each fragrance brand brings out so many different once? There s a place for everybody in the fragrance world, so let the old classic scents stay as they used to be ( and so their lovers not to be upset!!!) and also give space to the new fragrance to be produced with more synthetic and cheap ingredients for people who love this type of stuff! Definitely not me!!!!

sagarjanvekar
sagarjanvekar

Razor blade Opening Very Classy(Fragrances are Never dated I think they are more natural in every moment )This is just Fab That Opening is so amazing my goodness…very classy …brilliant …love spicy fragrances…

Soldier without Gun Never, Man without This fragrance Never … FOR REAL MEN ONLY

word-doctor
word-doctor

This is a very strong opening. A number of reviewers have suggested that there are too many notes jammed in, particularly at the start. Well, I only "get" a couple ingredients at a time anyway. In this case I get citrus and a sense of smoke which last a good hour. Middle stage is, in my wife's words, a dope party... a really strange effect of honey, oakmoss, leather and sage (that last one supplies the chronic-accord). Several hours there, probably at a foot of projection, then a skin scent for 2-3 more hours.

That's on skin. If you spray on fabric you get a much more composed sweet, smokey citrus vibe that lasts literally for days and projects for a solid day.

This is a weird, weird frag because it has so much going on for so long depending on where you put it. And I love it. It is a Reagan-era bomb, a swinging bro-monster that only comes out at night. Great complement to Oscar PL, Quorum, etc.

Sillage: 7/10

PS: 13 bucks.

manzoor86
manzoor86

come to me Jack Nicholson,i have got your favorite one this time.

pimaldaumen
pimaldaumen

I am reviewing the 5stars formula not the original version. It is true - the scent comes accross very 80ies style but is still very much weareale today.

It opens very fresh-citrussy with an unusual masculine swing - i guess its a leathery note. After about 15 minutes the different spices come through. Not in an overpowering way but very gently. The EDT changes slowely from critus/leather fresh to spicy and then in the drydown somewhat sweet - yet still masculine. Very mature scent - nothing for boys who still like to fool around.

The projection and longetivety are medium on my skin (but I have a very poor perfume skin - I wear Opium for women and it only lasts two hours on me and smells of good quality soap - so it may be different on someonelses skin).

Rating 9/10

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

It´s the Five Stars formula: Now i have it, a blind buy based on the comments. Well, I think it´s wonderful, spicy, spicy, very spicy, and more spicy. Great for those who love poerhouse fragrances, but can´t find the MONSTER SILLAGE, NUCLEAR, ETC. I find it potent, but nothing extraordinary. Sometimes it´s like Yatagan, but, sweeter, like ODLR Pour Lui, but better in the aromatic developement. Highly recommended for us, the powerhouse an old school lovers. A little on the sweet side in the middle of the road, for my nose, but it´s damn good!. 8.5/10

hadrian
hadrian

P – from the primary manliness
O – from the oakmoss
W – from the wonder it is
E – from the extravaganza
R – from the raptor which it is
H – from the hours it last… and last…
O – from the Orient, of course
U – from the unforgettable
S – from the sillage
E – from the eighties

Definitely, a 9+/10

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

now this is Spiiiiicyyyyy! just bought this as a blind buy today as part of my quest for new and interesting frags of yesteryear. very interesting scent, and the main thing that sticks out to me is a very spicy ginger-like note. This powerful smell and bottle presentation makes this appear well suited for an anchorman with an equally powerful mustache.

Omega Man
Omega Man

Old-school powerhouse that smells very similar to Catholic church incense from the 70's and 80's. Bijan is one of my favorites - a very comfortable scent that reminds me of my youth. It's something Jim Rockford could have kept in the glove compartment of his Firebird.

Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter

This cologne smells like a Middle Eastern spice rack, which is fitting, seeing as Bijan Pakzad was an Iranian fashion designer. It is spice, spice, spice all the way from top to bottom. All those things like musk, honey, vanilla--which apparently many raters felt were very obvious--are notes that I find almost indiscernible in comparison to the cloves, cinnamon, tarragon, rose, nutmeg, etc. The first moment I smelled this I was shocked. Everyone says this one smells lemony and soapy, and I'll admit that there is a fleeting moment at the very top that gives off that vibe, but it dominantly smells like you just rolled around in spice dust and pine needles.

To insult this one for a second, my initial thoughts were that it smelled almost Christmas-y. I've seen criticisms being lobbed at it in regards to being outdated--to being one of the powerhouses of the 80's that just didn't make the cut. It seems as though the world agrees with that condemnation, because what once must've been an exceptionally expensive cologne (it is Bijan, after all) has fallen to a mere $20. As is the way with most older scents, its common detractors wail on and on about the reformulation being but a shadow of its former self. Though I've never smelled the original, I really do sense a sort of restrained greatness in the reformulation that suggests an opulence that once was, but no longer is.

That has not harried my enjoyment of this cologne, however. I am an understated man. Reserved, soft-spoken, and socially conservative. The beauty of this cologne is that it plays to those traits while at the same time ignoring them. It is hands down the strongest, most walloping beast of a frag I have ever used in my entire life, yet it still manages to be very pretentious and quite 'of itself' (if that makes any sense).

Jomoves
Jomoves

Baby, this is a scent for the man who has ARRIVED!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Nice and strong, can be used as unisex these days. Such beautiful patchouli, i ware it myself, lovea bitterness of it,masterpiece that is competitive with best most expensive new frags.

Xavi6
Xavi6

Es una fragancia con muchas limitantes en cuanto a su uso.
Primeramente esta dirigida a un sector de hombres mayores de edad.. digamos 50 o 60 años y el ambiente en que se podria manejar es de negocios (donde se quiere imponer sobre los demas)

En cuanto a la fragancia, ami me parecio horrenda,quiza por mi edad (21 años) pero no se la recomiendo a cualquiera, ni a mi padre le gusto.

Sus puntos a favor son su durabilidad y proyeccion.. excelentes por su precio.

cmoca
cmoca

Bought this for my brother, smells amazing! Ended up getting the woman version for myself but everytime I see him I ask him to wear his :D

Labaloo
Labaloo

I am reviewing the vintage here. Complex powerhouse! After the initial citrus-jackfruity top wears off, I mostly smell cedar/cinnamon/carnation/sage/oakmoss/mix of resins- frankincense most definitely- it reminds me of Pino Sylvestre, but much spicer, warmer- like an amped-up Halston Z-14! Glad I've added this vintage frag to my collection- a classic! And yes: a little goes a long way- a very potent EDT.

Bobster
Bobster

I know Bijan has been reformulated so I am basing this review on the new formula. Longevity? Unrelenting. Projection? 80 miles away. Overall scent? Something you smell in your flower bed in your front yard. I am definitely giving it props for being a unique fragrance with great longevity and projection but thats about it. I asked my wife what she thought of it after spraying my wrist and her reaction was !!GOD Awful!! LOL and that is a women's reaction. I hope one day I can come a across a vintage that will change my mind about this scent but until then just not for me.

kitty27
kitty27

OK guys - this is a ladies review. I love this, and not on hubby, on me. After the dry down it's patchouli, sandalwood, and sharp and sweet (kind of like cloves and honey) at the same time. I know everything says this is a man's man fragrance, but I love it, and I'll keep wearing it.

lister
lister

He deals the cards as a meditation
And those he plays never suspect
He doesn't play for the money he wins
He doesn't play for the respect
He deals the cards to find the answer
The sacred geometry of chance
The hidden law of probable outcome
The numbers lead a dance... Sting,Shape Of My Heart.

Any man can have Bijan,but not every man can wear it.Masculinity in a passionate way,no time for tears and no place for regrets.For a Man with a big M,for a Man that rules.For a Man with scars,that loves,but never tells....

P.S. Go For vintage version .

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I once posted my C.V. online and received an immediate reply from a man who claimed I fit the profile of an available position. He asked me to come in for an interview, and if I didn't mind the drive from Connecticut to White Plains, NY, he'd be willing to interview me tomorrow. I asked him what the position was, and he was very vague about it, saying "It's an integral role in our in-house marketing department, which is focused on giving our business the broadest visibility possible." I figured, what do I have to lose? So I went down there the next day, waited for an hour in the lobby, and was finally called in by a prat in a plaid business suit. He led me through a surrealistic corridor of windowless hallways, along which was situated his odd bauble of an office. He invited me to sit, so I sat. The first words out of his mouth were, "Are those your references?" To which I replied, "Actually, no. This is my portfolio. You do realize I'm a graphic design graduate, right?"

His face went blank. Without another word, he stood up, opened his door, and ushered me out. He wished me good luck, spun on his spit-and-polished shoes, and disappeared back into his office. True story.

Having smelled the contents of this obnoxious glass donut, I'm now positive the company he fronted was whatever haphazard concern is responsible for Bijan Men.

haborym26
haborym26

another magnificent powerhouse.super spicy ,soapy,sweeter.close to S.Dali PH,but more sharper and less dry.

meshary007
meshary007

Bijan for men ... Not Any Men

Yes this fregrance is a star it has been used by:
Adnan Khashoggi
Luis Miguel
Ricky Martin
Steven Spielberg
Sylvester Stallone

It's a masterpiece classical yet modern also royalty noble.
opens strong sweet herbel woody spicy with a hint of citrus .
dry down sweet herbel woody .

This kinde of freagrances focus on charisma and character .

Scent 10/10

Bijan for Strong men

dmoman
dmoman

This fragrance smells a lot like ck obsession for man. only not as rich but more sharp. I think this is a good scent, got it for 10 freakin bucks so not bad. I can see why u wouldn't like it has that stinging scent. I ask to but this on one arm and club obsession on the other...they almost have the same scent I swear.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

Hugely acclaimed and lauded upon its refurbished arrival in 1987, Bijan for Men blasted onto the scene and its sheer loudness and overwhelming ambition (28 separate notes if you are counting) made it an instant darling of the flashy late 1980’s fashion scene, even with the highly feminine and cheap plastic packaging.
Bijan for Men kicks off with a harsh synthetic lemon and oak-moss opening that smells extremely outdated and unflattering and intensely cloying and obnoxious. The lemon quickly merges with a synthetic honey note and fir around the five minute mark, evolving quickly from a lemon oil guitar cleaner scent into a heavy sage, lavender and oak-moss blast that comes off too high in pitch and way too floral to be wearable for most men of the twenty first century. Bijan for Men leaves a terrible first impression and will turn most off before they even have a chance to witness a rather pleasant transformation in the dry down phase. If one can last through the first two rather off-putting phases, things turn into a fairly well balanced and enjoyable wear in the dry down, with the musk, oak-moss and cloves blending well with the leather, vetiver and patchouli to create something rather musky and old-fashioned but well-blended and balanced.
There are far too many notes in Bijan for Men, it is simply overwhelmed by the bombastic pretensions of its makers, who seem to have been taken with the sheer overwhelming number of notes and failed to realize that simplicity often implies a deeper rooted sophistication. Bijan is faux sophistication 1980’s style. Overly flamboyant, aggressive and without any consciousness of boundaries and limitations. Bijan for men is quite emasculating in its first two phases, far too floral and dated to be taken seriously by anyone forty or under. If you are patient enough, it is worth waiting around for the dry down and with longevity excellent at 8-10 hours and projection very strong well into the 6 hour mark, Bijan certainly has its positive attributes. Should be limited to casual and professional affairs, this is not to be worn around women unless you prefer to scare them off. Ultimately extremely dated and only for those who want to relive the days of Michael J. Fox’s glory and the Iron Curtain.

pcurry1961
pcurry1961

If you want something to sum up the 80's, then this is it. The bottle, the designer (with his 'by appointment only' store on 5th Avenue), the smell, the price at the time... Breath it in and all the horrors come flooding back.

But I loved it at the time!

MOUROUSSI
MOUROUSSI

Horoooorrr! I wore it for a couple of days and I felt sick! I'm not kidding! My stomach ached.
Someone mentioned the word "fart". Well, it is. A spicy-wet-noxious bottled fart. Sorry guys, maybe Im just weak and not refined enough for this stuff.

Saint-Patrik
Saint-Patrik

One (..and only one)spray of this on your neck/chest on an early crispy cold morning in spring or fall togheter with a leatherjacket of good quality while out walking togheter with someone you love and you have created a perfect moment.

costaleo
costaleo

Luxurious, strong, strong, strong. This can be a weapon in your hands, be careful.

Old school, so not my type, but a pearl to be discovered and loved by those who are fans of the 80's powerhouse fragrances.

purplesun
purplesun

This one says "I like to OFFEND". Possibly the strongest perfume in my entire collection. Just a touch of the sprayer to my nostril leaves a trace amount of this, which is enough to let the scent develop in all its glory (feels like someone who is wearing Kouros a couple of feet away from me, which is enough to tell you about the strength of this).
I cant imagine why they put this into a spray bottle. They should have made it into a vial with a dropper or something similar.
My final evaluation is 9/10.

Bijan Men is not simply a powerhouse, it's more like the Tsar Bomb. It doesn't remarks its presence, it yells at you and after slapping you in your face it asks "so what?"

A loud, intrusive and arrogant concoction of nutmeg, herbs and spices laying on a "chypre-y" structure (oakmoss/bergamot). If moderately applied it's very masculine and (somehow) elegant but one single spray too much and it will be like announcing your presence with a fart.

Rating: from 3 to 8 out of 10 depending on the quantity applied.

Castor
Castor

First of all, I have a vintage version. That being said, I came to realise that together with Balenciaga pour Homme, vintage Antaeus, Maxim's and others that might be skipping my mind, this is among my favourites in my wardrobe. As you can see, I have a fondness for powerhouses, blends released during the 1980's which, as a minimum common denominator, were too strong and bold so they could be noticed by everyone around the wearer. Yes, indeed, it is a powerbomb, but, alas, it does not feel even a tad dated, as many of the fragrances described above could smell like to many. It does have a classic vibe to the point it reminds me of the scents worn my Grandfather; again, the first remark applies perfectly well for it does not smell like an old man's cologne, at all.

I strongly think that the nose behind it was successful at blending a scent that passed the test of time. Yes, at odds at actual blends and styles whatsoever, but at the same time, contemporary. A designer blend sold at convenient prices smelling like a a very expensive scent...

TokoUnion
TokoUnion

Feels like lying on the best Down Goose Feather Bed with layers of huge snow-white Fox Mink Fur throws tor play with... Such luxury !

Miyavi
Miyavi

This really is a nice one. I like how strong of a powerhouse it can be. I think the sweet musky notes in the base are what make this fragrance. If you removed the musk in the base, it would turn this to an old man smelling scent. The sweetness mixing with the spicy is the key to a great scent, so I really like it. The bottle is kool too.

mehrdad
mehrdad

بیژن پاکزاد پدید آورنده این عطر خوشبو و مردانه و جذاب که باعث افتخار ایرانیان در جهان بود و در دنیا جزو یکی از بهترین طراحان مد لباس و عطر و جواهرات و دیزاین داخلی ماشین به شمار میرفت به رحمت ایزدی پیوست روحش شاد و روانش آسوده و آرام باد و خانواده اش نیز با صبر و شکیبایی امید است که راه پدر بزرگوارشان را هر چه محکمتر ادامه دهند و این افتخار را باقی بگذارند
مردانه
جذاب
کلاسیک
گرم و شیرین
برای من که خیلی نوستالوژیک است

safetyjon
safetyjon

I love 70-80's powerhouses...I can say that it's my favorite genre. Having said that, I find Bijan for Men to be just a little bit more than I feel comfortable with. I still try to pull if off every month or so, thinking that if I am just a little more moderate with the application I can make it work. Invariably, I find that I applied too much.

It is an incense bomb initially, which morphs into a patchouli/moss bomb after 2-3 hours. It has huge sillage, even in small quantities. I get 10-12 hours of longevity (sometimes more!)

It's pyramid is similar to that of Quorom. Both use Bergamot in the opening. Both use patchouli in the middle (and as the prominent note). Both use moss and amber in the base. Thus, they smell similar. However,even though Quorom is also an 80's powerhouse patchouli bomb, I find it much more wearable than Bijan. Quorom is similar, but smoother, less intense, more wearable and just more enjoyable. I don't hate Bijan, I just like Quorom more. And since they are so similar, I find myself wearing Quorom more.

K1
K1

One of the most adorable phenomena of all times. Bijan, although unlike the brand's clothing is inexpensive, the quality is premium like a treasure in cheap price.
Just a brief sniff at the scent reveal all the effort on it and its hard to achieve pyramid balance. Bijan starts boozy and dry powdery and its wealth is notable just from the beginning. It smells like mastic balsam that is base of chewing gum, then progressively it goes with leather and sage and finally after about five minutes since application, oakmoss in it most superb quality appears and forms the whole scent. Of course it's not all about these notes. Bijan is so comprehensive.
This perfume excites me literally, and every time I smell it I just say BRAVO!

The top notes are harsh, but if you endure them, it becomes much more wearable. It's clearly not the typical kind of "men's" fragrance today. It's not aquatic, fresh, nor citrus/woody. Actually, it's like at least a couple of fragrances merged into one. For example, if you took a spicy, aromatic fougere and combined that with a fragrance like Listen for Men by Herb Alpert, something like Bijan for Men would be the result. And it is like a real combination, meaning that it is like two EdT's combined to make an EdP - it's that strong. When this is done (by perfumers) a "creamy" quality is often the result, which is the case here. The notes are blended together more than is the case in most "men's" fragrances. You can tell that there is geranium, lavender, amber/vanilla, spice, and perhaps one or two others, but overall you get a big, fat creamy quality.

Unlike cheap fragrances, it doesn't smell like one big blob of chemicals, but I don't really like it that much either. I prefer more articulated or "legible" fragrances, where the notes seem more "spread out" and it's easy to tell what they are. Bijan for Men lacks dynamism, perhaps due to this blending, and it also lacks "artistry," because it seems like the idea was to combine a huge number of common notes together and hope that it would work. This "thick" scent can also become irritating after a while, whereas in "women's" fragrances that have this thick, creamy quality, there is usually more dynamism, which again doesn't bespeak highly of the "artistic" quality of this fragrance.

One thing it lacks (possibly the one thing it could be lacking) is an animalic element, and perhaps this could have helped it considerably, though then there should be some notes subtracted. I guess one could argue that it might then smell like something along the lines of KL Homme, and perhaps this was the "trail blazer" that made KL Homme possible. It is unique, but it's unique in a way that is akin to slapping every known sliced deli meat between two slices of bread and claiming that it had never been done before, and hence is unique. Some fragrances seem to require a certain skin chemistry to perform optimally, but I'm not sure any skin chemistry could do much with Bijan for Men, other than to tame the top notes a little. This was created early in the "80s power" fragrance period, so I wonder if lessons were learned from it. Perhaps it was the "pioneer" that cleared the path for the others.

UPDATE: I've had a decant for perhaps a year now, but I didn't know which version it was, nor if there was any difference. Recently, I acquired bottles of both the old and new. The new one says Five Star Fragrances on the label that's on the bottom of the bottle. The original does not say this and also there are embossed letters in the glass on the bottom, saying Bijan Beverly Hills, etc. Otherwise I didn't notice any other major differences (no retail box for either), though the cap on the original seems heavier (but I haven't weighed them).

When you read the reviews in the BN directory after trying both of these, they make perfect sense. The new one comes across as crude, heavy, directionless, etc. The focus is on lavender, syrupy amber, and vanilla. It reminds me a bit of Black Sashka by M. Micallef. Both versions are musky and spicy (wth strong lavender). The original, however, has far better balance. It's not as heavy and has more of a dry quality. There is a nice sandalwood/incense type of thing I didn't detect in the newer one. If you smell the sprayer on both, however, you may not be able to detect much of a difference (I wonder if that is part of a "successful" reformulation in the minds of those dong it).

The top notes have the same quality in both. Oakmoss, for example is listed in the top notes, as are "fruity notes" and sage oil. It's very strong and not for everyone. That opening persists with more force in the new version, whereas in the original it joins the other notes after a while. Both are sweet, but I think the new one has so much more amber that it comes across as sweeter. The sweetness in the original is offset, it seems, by the dry, woody quality.

Unlike the reformulated Red for Men by GBH, I think the new Bijan is bottle worthy for those looking for that "hairy chested, 80s" quality. The new Red is basically a mediocre fragrance, which might be good for those looking for a "light" version of Montana Parfum d'Homme or Havana, but it's not for the aficionado. On the other hand, the original Bijan for Men is a great fragrance, and I'm glad I can have it in my rotation now.

MonarC
MonarC

Very strong, spicy and powerful scent. I like it, but I can't imagine it for everyday use.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Extremely spicy and powerful and has a lot of character. Lasts ages. Use with care, it's a powerhouse! I like it a lot.

coocal
coocal

I love this stuff ... i get laid everytime i wear this lol ...

Cassiano
Cassiano

This one is a separate type of conversation. I keep wondering: what is this??

I have always imagined this one as a blockbuster, old school type of scent, but in a different way, like One Man Show, Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, etc.
I was wrong!

At the same time it has similarities with Giorgio for Men, with its notes of flowers, honey, cinnamom, vanilla, etc., it is more powdery on the skin.

And the best part of it is that is completely different from the last 5 years releases, which allows the man who wears it, to feel himself separated in the crowd and safe for being well perfumed, since its smell is very strong.

This is what differs this one from the others Bijan I have felt until now, because the others start “subtle” and this one is “very strong” since the beginning. In here, the shyness does not exist!!

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

One of my all time favourites. Great Spicy fragrance that is too masculine and evergreen fragrance. Perfect for casual wear.
Clean Crisp Sharp fragrance.
I give it 8 out of 10.

guest_theclan
guest_theclan

Jaw-dropping. Genius. Genius. It is fantastic it's not 'in'.

guest_patrick
guest_patrick

Oh, I just spotted campycamp's review. Thank you, man. Some people really tend to bathe in their cologne rather than use it sparingly, ie the way it was intended. Bijan Men is one of the friendliest men's perfumes on the planet. I do like the warm incense metaphor. I've been a fan of Bijan for years and I wonder how easily people forget things. Mr Pakzad is a Nobel Prize winner in chemistry. No further comment.

guest_CampyCamp
guest_CampyCamp

I have to disagree with the two reviewers.
Classis Bijan is a gorgeous warm fragrance that always reminds me of wet ferns in an incense-filled church. Its longevity is incomparable - and one spritz is enough to make you feel loved from dusk 'til dawn.
Brilliant stuff for people who do not need to bathe in their cologne to enjoy it.

shamus1
shamus1

Bijan defines early '80's bad taste and tackiness. This fragrance, quite frankly, sucks. Its jarring accord of Lemon Pledge and Murphy's Oil Soap screams like an air raid siren and will offend anyone within ten blocks of you. The only good thing I can say about it is that it has dual uses as an interrogation device and as a substance to induce vomiting. One of the worst "fragrances" of all time.

acc
acc

This can offend people if applied more than 1 sprays! Very powerful, a real powerhouse fragrance. Two sprays i put on my scarf lasted for ages!
Recommended only for formal wear...

afraafra
afraafra

Nearest thing to FM 's Musc Ravageur

Bijan Men by Bijan 3.54 out of 5 based on 187 ratings and 62 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bijan Bijan Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bijan Bijan Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bijan Men by Bijan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bijan Men by Bijan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.