Designers » B » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Nude Bill Blass for women
dislike

aldehydic
Nude Bill Blass for women Pictures

Nude is a floral fragrance with the main notes of aldehydes, rose, narcissus, jasmine, ylang-ylang, moss, musk, vetiver and sandalwood. The scent is unbelievably intimate, with intensive musk nuance which makes it very sensual. The perfume was created in 1991 by Sophia Grojsman.

Aldehydes Rosemary Galbanum Bergamot

Nude Fragrance Reviews

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

O wow.

My apologies for all Nude Bill Blass lovers, I so wanted to like this one, but... On my skin, it smells cheap, synthetic and insecticide like*. Maybe I got a cheap knock off from fragrancex. That would be a first, I've always got reputable products from them, but this one smells nothing like what other people described. Or maybe, it is my skin chemistry. In any case, a huge disappointment.

* the insecticide like smell reminds me of Datura Noir by Serge Lutens -- I wonder if there are similar notes that can explain this yucky development.

misstierra05

I'm going to re-purchase this as my fall/winter scent. Although I had it in the past and found it too strong...I did get complimented on it....so maybe now that it's six years after the fact I will re-purchase since I'm a little older now and I have kids and my body may be ready for the boldness of it with a light hand on my end. Let's see...if not, I will just gift it to my mom whom I'm sure will like it.

pamelamadhamma
pamelamadhamma

LUVIT. Longevity and sillage is pretty good. This really reminds me of the Bill Blass for Women that I used as a teen. I guess it's the bergamot, jasmine, ylang-ylang and musk that I smell. The difference is the rose and narcissus that adds so much more. I'm a big fan of roses of any sort, and narcissus...what more can I say?

glitteralex
glitteralex

Beware of edt version issued in late 2000s, with the "revlon" box. They are almost certainly counterfeit. Anyone? Current Cologne Spray version is nice.

miaou
miaou

At first i just didn't get this scent, i was smelling my wrist and wondering HOW could one love this plasticky oakmossy nailpolish remover scent, and then... i was cooking and noticed sweet floral heavenly scent from somewhere - it was the sillage from my wrist! I am truly shocked because it's the first fragrance in my life (i own more than 8 dozen!) which is so different - when you sniff it right from your wrist, it's dusty and unpleasant (but the sillage is heavenly), but if you spray a cloud in front of yourself and step into it - Nude is pure powdery heaven! So unique, i even can't describe it. So happy i got this in a swap!

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

I think this is Bill Blass's best scent created. It smell lovely!

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i definately agree with the reviews that this reminded people of after you brush your teeth and apply deoderant. it has a very clean smell. i get a little rose in the background but i think this is a pretty unisex fragrance. i dont hate it, but it makes me think im not wearing perfume. definately not a sensual nude. i think if maybe the floral was a bit more present then i would like it. its okay though in my opinion. could wear this to work. i imagine a serious woman wearing this, or some hippy who wants to smell like they took a bath.

lv2smlgd
lv2smlgd

I am so loving this, I get the pear skin, creamy sandalwood and aldehydes. On my skin, it reminds me of Yves Rocher Clea. It is a dated perfume and one I am thrilled to have added to my collection. I feel the need to have a backup or two on this one. What a relaxing and intoxicating scent!

En Fragrance Delicto
En Fragrance Delicto

I get a straight-up pear upon the first few inhales. That may be the plastic-y scent many are referring to. But for me, it's a sensual pear, even. Followed by really creamy sandalwood and flattened out (ina good way) aldehydes. As a guy, I would NEVER wear this daytime to the office. It's far too sensual. But at night at home when I'm about to go to bed? Yes. It's an incredibly relaxing scent for me.

wum
wum

Bought it blind, but the smell makes me feel sick (same with 'Amazing'). I am trying to sell the bottles as I only sprayed each once.

Soie

It was mentioned in at least one of the comments that Bill Blass Nude smells like bandages and clean hospitals. Funny thing, I'm wearing it now, and it indeed does have somewhat of a medecinal / hospital smell, that, along with the scents of Ivory soap (which is slightly bitter smelling...it is not a sweetly scented soap), rose body powder, and even (regardless of its notes) mint-flavored toothpaste.

'Nude' is not a warm ambery scent -- the kind of fragrance I associate with the smell of warm bare skin. This is more like the scent of a person who is bathed and 'deodorized'.

Someone who has had her shower, and, standing nude before her bathroom mirror, brushes her teeth, applies deodorant to her underarms, and dusts herself with rose-scented body powder. The muskiness of skin is there, but is blended with the scents of cleansers, deodorizers and fragrancing products.

These thoughts are what the scent of this Nude brings to mind for me.

rottannie
rottannie

Princesszaida: This isn't my favorite perfume but I definitely dont think it smells masculine. If you love it, you should wear it! (PS I have a full bottle ill send to you if you want it)

princesszaida
princesszaida

This is one of my favorite perfumes!! When I first bought it, it was a blind eBay purchase so I thought I had struck gold. I sprayed it everywhere! On me, on my sheets, in my lingerie drawer, in my bathwater! Everything! I thought the aldehydes were so soft and feminine, the way it smelled powdery yet fresh & slightly green at the same time was to die for. The Orris Root in this is so lovely. I'm crazy for a good orris root note. To me, this might be the most classically feminine smell. Really lady-like, kind of old Hollywood. I love the plasticy note, it's delicate and reminded me of a babydoll or a barbie or a my little pony. It doesn't last all the way through but I love it. I still love it, but I haven't been wearing it much recently because one of my girlfriends told me it smelled masculine. Like straight up men's cologne. It has made me so self-conscious! I don't know if it's power of suggestion but now when I smell it, it smells like Men's cologne. I'm heartbroken. Does anyone else get this? Help? Soothe my soul, please? ):

Pace,MioDolceCuore
Pace,MioDolceCuore

Oh, this one is definitely an aldehyde alright...

I did buy this one unsniffed - after reading tons and tons of very divided opinions.

At first spray I somehow got 'sour', that's the best way I can describe it - which left me heavily dissapointed considering considering having read another page where someone compared Nude to Bella Bellissima's "Perfect Night". Since Perfect Night can't be purchased in the US (not without paying almost as much for shipping) - I of course had high hopes for Nude - especially considering the price.

No, Nude is absolutely not Perfect Night. Nude is Nude - an aldehyde. The only similarity could be the incense note in the drydown - hours after wearing it.

The first time I sprayed Nude I could see why some it class it the 'bombshell' perfume. Maybe it's the aldehyde Chanel No.5 marketing that found it's way into my head - but I very much see this being worn by the perfectly coiffed blonde with contrasting bright red lipstick.
I just couldn't deal with it then and there - I was making scrambled eggs and this perfume just felt so very out of place that morning.

3 months later I picked it up again, contemplating to sell it. I'm glad I tried it again - although I don't see myself reaching for this in the wee hours of the morning - it's just too unique to give it away. The opening is still hard to love, yet the drydown makes it worth for me - and I typically don't have that type of patience. It does feel 'dated' to me, but not in any bad sense. Conjuring up the past doesn't have to be a bad thing. I definitely smell the 90ies in it.
The drydown include 30 minutes of a phase that felt very masculine to me, then it changed yet again to a more woody note.

This is one to experiment with.

pfcs
pfcs

I really wanted to like this. I liked the idea of it. I don't hate it, and will eventually use it up, but I won't buy it again.

Although people notice the scent and say they like it, to me it always smells partly of "tootles", the popular baby doll my Mother bought me for Christmas in about 1956.

stinkydog
stinkydog

Hm I have some old Nude, and when I wear it, it draws inquiries -- if someone is standing close! I see it as a personal scent, don't douse yourself, only a hint of aroma should be available ( unless you're naked). Probably what I like is that it completely LACKS all the supersweet marshmallow ("vanilla")sugariness of a hundred scents out there, even some of the revisited classics, or over the top flowers or fruits screaming for attention. One other comment rang true - others will pick up the scent when you think it's gone -- another reason to minimize application. It's one of those aromas that I love to catch after it has been on four an hour or two...it really seems to become part of your skin, but more inviting

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

My sister's favourite fragrance :)

Soie

I myself own a flacon of Bill Blass Nude cologne, and I do like the scent. It is an unusual, intense, yesteryear type of fragrance. A little of this goes a very long way

I was on a message board a few years back where it happened that, based only on the raves of a very popular & outspoken board member, a whole slew of other members went and ordered Bill Blass Nude unsniffed.

I, being familiar with the fragrance, tried to warn these ladies against ordering this particular fragrance without sampling and testing it first, but my warning went largely ignored.

Within days of of placing the order, several of the members had received their BB Nude and were back on the message board desperately trying to find a polite way of stating their unhappiness with the fragrance.

Others members, upon reading these polite but still negative reviews, scrambled to see if it wasn't too late to cancel their own orders.

The caveat of this comment is that interested parties should definitely sample and test this one all the way through to drydown before purchasing it.

LOLAISA
LOLAISA

I had Nude before, buy for some reason I did not appreciated it well enough. I thought that it is quiet unique, starts like nail polish remover and transfers to something really tenter and feminin.
After having a baby I was sensitive for perfumes and I gave it away; What a shame, I really regret that I did it.
I bought it again, as the memories could not let me pass by this wonderful scent!
I just received it and I love it even more then the first time.
I want to close my eyes when I'm sniffing my wrist, for some reason it is really relaxing to me, very quiet whisper like. Smooth well rounder and creamy. Yes there is still some synthetic filling about it, but it is not bothering me at all, it adds a unique nuance to it, it definitely one king of scent, if you smell it ones you will never forget it or the person who wearing it!
My new favorite!!!

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

All I know is that my little daughter keeps telling me how good I smell long after I can't smell this perfume on me. Nude (for the price) may become one of my signature scents....I am excited about that!

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

This was great, long lasting with moderate sillage. It is more subtle on me,close to the skin, I think someone would need to be intimately close to notice. I was typing and would smell it as I moved my arms. It reminds me of Donna Karan Cashmere Mist, the woodiness and the musk. Oddly enough, about 4 hrs in, I got a blast of pure wood, and then it went back to the blend scent. I'm glad I got a big bottle!

misstierra05

I owned this scent after a co-worker wore it and I just loved the smell. However, it came off way to strong when I wore it. I received compliments but to me it was just way too strong. I have that experience with certain fragrances, love it on others but no go for me...this has happened with Vera Wang Princess, Noa by Cacharel, and I'm starting to be on the fence about my Versace Versense.

fresie
fresie

This perfume was my first "blind buy",and i do not regret it.

it is a very uncommon fragrance.it is hard to describe,it smells not floral or fruity.

a little synthetic,notes of musc and aldehydes,a bit sweet but not sickly.

it is a veil of scent.very subtly on the skin.

I like it.

Anna_Maria
Anna_Maria

It was unusual fragrance for me. When I was buying it in a store it seemed angelic to me. When I sprayed it at home, it was disgusting! I could not tolerate it wearing a whole day - I had a headache. Next day it was a pleasant angelic aroma. Don't spray a full spray. Add a tiniest drop on your neck or wrist and wait. It will be as nice as it could be. Funny that when I gave different samples of parfume to my 10 years daughter at different time, she always chose Nude as the best and nice smelling fragrance.

Militza
Militza

Hmmn? I thought this one had mimosa in it, too...well... anyway, I remember it as a soft cologne that was easy to wear. If they bring it back, which I hope they do, or revamp it, whatever they call it...I just hope they do not reformulate it on the cheap side. Flankers are driving us all insane, and it becomes harder and harder to find seriously fine colognes, parfums and perfumes.
BB made some nice fragrances, so I hope the oldies, rise out of the ashes as the phoenixes they were once. One more time, where will my friend be able to find the one called HOT? She said it had been one of her favorites. Does anyone know?

Bandit
Bandit

I always have wondered, what others meant by saying: "Perfume xyz has grown on me.."

"That's silly", I thought. "You either like it or you don't, simple as that."

And than came "Nude".

First sniff: I hated it, I was disgusted, appalled, you name it. A scrubber.

Next time: This does smell like the inside of a (clean) hospital (and I hate hospitals, even the clean ones). Or the smell of a freshly openend package of a muslin bandage. Chemical and plastical. Baeh!

Than came the right day, the right mood, the right longing: I wanted to smell artifially clean. I grabbed "Nude". And I was happy with it!

I wore it more often and I detected the beauty and natural side behind this artificial scent. The rose!

Now all I can smell is rose, rose, rose, and one of the finest out there! Not a solifleur, not an over-styled rose, not niche. The somehow cool side of rose, with the warmness of skin. This is an offensive scent, because it so unique and tends to smell artifical; on the other hand it is the most unoffensive of all scents, because it's a plain and simple beautiful rose with a small little animal, but not the stinky one.

I am absolutely sure, that this is one of those perfumes, for which they gonna pay heaps amounts of money on ebay in 10 years. A classic.

I guess, "Nude" has grown on me...

Vamy69
Vamy69

Not sure what it is about this that I love so much but I can't stop smelling this! To me this is very clean and classy. I love Sophia Grosjman so it is no wonder I am drawn to this smell. The silage is monster on this. This is a great year round perfume!

juksi
juksi

i got it as a gift. yes it does smell of "something" and "nothing"...nothing stands out...gave it away coz it was a boring fragrance on me

marshmello
marshmello

I tried wearing this on several occasions but just couldn't stomach it. The powdery, smokiness was just too much for me. It also smelled really dated.

Someone gave this to me as a gift like 15-20 years ago. At first I remember I thought it was just ok, but it quickly grew on me. These days, when I think of nude fragrances, I think of fragrances that smell like bath soap. Nude doesn't smell like bath soap, it smells like musk and sandalwood. Those types of notes are often overpowering, but NUDE is different. It's sweet, powdery, soft, delicate, lingering, and NUDE. It's the way a woman's naked body should smell if we never bathed nor wore clothes or perfume.

guest_Teewriter
guest_Teewriter

I feel soo old. I've used so many different fragrances in my life and Nude happens to be one of them .I thought they quit making it years ago. When it was introduced two other Bill Blass fragrances came along for the ride: red and black. I went through one bottle of nude and never bought another. I remember it being very strong and imagined most people did not care for it even though I wore it anyway. I seem to remember a cedar note but I'm probably wrong. My nose is not that sophisticated. I just know the melody is either one I can wear ot not. This was a fun fragrance for awhile.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

A skin scent with an astringent opening that settles down to a warm base of oakmoss, rose, sandalwood, and musk.

secretcrush
secretcrush

ANOTHER OF MOMS FAVORITES FROM THE 90'S LOL BUT THIS ONE WAS SOMEHOW ONE OF MY FAVORITES... I FOUND IT 2B VERY WARM AND COZY AND I WOULD HAVE SWORN THAT IT HAD VANILLA IN IT BECAUSE OF ITS MILD SWEETNESS...

MokkaTheCat
MokkaTheCat

Encouraged by the short fragrantica list of its ingredients and your reviews I bought Nude online. So our first encounter felt somehow like a blind date.
Yes - one should be carefull meeting strangers and instead of a friendly "hello" opening the chique flacon I received a knock-on-nose followed by the kindest words of regret. Like a person who is too shy to be tender Nude had then introduced herself with rough body talk but since then still caresses me most tenderly and warm hearted as a redress of this grievance showing herself like she really is: nude

naleiarenee
naleiarenee

As A young teen I rembered getting a sample of this @ JCPenney.No,I rembered LOVING its scent,but totally forgetting what it was,or the name, from 15+ yrs ago and I had been hoping to figure it out.Tonite I stumbled across it listed in a clearance section @ an online discount store !" That's it !!!" I shouted to nobody in particular.OK,you get the idea.This absolutely an unforgettable perfume,even if you can't remember the name ,you WILL NOT forget the scent !! I adore it just as I do Venezia and Spellbound and a new love,Alien.I refuse to be without any of these,EVER.

guest_NatalieInNC
guest_NatalieInNC

It's true...the initial whiff of Nude is overwhelming and "plastic-y"...BUT, the dry-down is MUCH better - when I wear it, I can't stop sniffing my wrists because no matter how hard I try, I can't "pin down" the scent as flowery, musky, powdery, etc. This is a mature fragrance (but not "old" lady-ish); it is subtle and endlessly intriguing.

GagaMaga
GagaMaga

i like it - it feels so feminine...not to mention it stays forever! my type :)

allexa27
allexa27

my first impression is that it is one of the most disguasting frags I have ever smelled.It was choking me ,really!

weegee
weegee

How odd... I have a bottle of Christine Darvin's Charming (not in our data base) that I like quite a lot but hadn't found a review of it anywhere until today when I found one:

"This perfume smells exactly the same as Nude by Bill Blass, and the bottle is almost identical as well, so I'm curious if this is one of those copycat fragrances or if it's actually an authorised French version of Nude. Very strange! Although it smells almost exactly the same as Nude to me it doesn't smell as cloying as Nude so I actually quite like it."

My nose picks up in Charming the same notes as listed here for Nude. The initial blast of aldehydes is rather like plastic but the drydown settles to sandalwood and musk warmed by a light floral. Unlike anything else in my large collection and available at on-line discounters at 50%-75% less than Nude. Grab it!

Edit: The opening "plastic doll" notes seemed more & more prominent each time I wore this and eventually it was so overwhelming I couldn't wait for the drydown. I passed it on to a lover of lighter fragrances and she reports no plastic smell whatsoever. Go figure.

Trinity
Trinity

"Nude" is really a strange fragrance. I did not like it at first, but now I find it quite intriguing!

Even know, to me, the first spritz is the worst! It reminds me of plastic and something terribly artificial! But just after a couple of seconds the fragrance mingles with your warm skin and reveals, slowly but steady, a wonderful, fascinating and very unusual scent! Very much skin like….but not quite either….

Strangely, I do not "get" any of the above listed ingredients….noting stands really out. It is not flowery, nor fruity, nor woodsy or musky - everything seems "muted", turned down, holding back….basic…as well as it is very much revealing and present!

I know it might sound strange, but this fragrance reminds me of a old silent movie, were the actors do not speak…(I mean you cannot hear them) but still you can perfectly follow the story since there is so much gesture and drama taking place.

"Nude" is like this to me. A silent fragrance, but with a huge impact! Once you have smelled it on you or on another woman, you won't forget it and recognize it immediately.

I would recommend this fragrance to anyone who likes unusual fragrances. "Nude" really IS one of a kind! Perfect for a mature and self-confident woman.

Plumly
Plumly

A signature scent for a sophisticated, feminine woman. Many florals are polite without making a statement of personal style. This floral scent has a unique twist that will get you noticed in the sublime sense of "Wow, who is she and what is she wearing?" I guarantee you could walk through a major airport and not smell this fragrance once. This is everything I had hoped the ubiquitous Chanel No. 5 would be. This scent also lives up to the often hyped "spray once and will last all day." This one really does.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Like another reviewer here, I bought Nude without trying it first because I'd read great reviews about it over the internet so I was obviously hoping it would be love at first sight.

Unfortunately, Nude isn't the right kind of scent for me. Having said that, it's not bad - it's a bit strong at first but becomes creamy and quite soft with a slightly woody / mossy tinge. It's quite an unusual scent and I couldn't really compare it to anything else, although I guess because of the mossy aspect of it it did remind me very slightly of Morny French Fern (which I always loved and which seems very hard to get hold of now, tragically!) but to me it's nowhere near as beautiful a scent as that.

I'd give Nude 3 out of 5 - nice, but not my type of perfume!

sapphire73
sapphire73

It's so intense and lasts all day. It can be a bit sickly, but I must admit I quite like it. I don't love it but it's so unusual that I can't help but put it the pile marked 'distinctive and different'. It smells a bit like 'Palmers cocoa butter' body lotion in the base notes.

elanoriah
elanoriah

i have it and i do not like it from some reason. It is too intense for me unfortunately.

Carla
Carla

I agree to agree with woogyjones50 on this one.I tried a vial of this solely because of the combo of notes I love, but it was a no-go! I believe, the lingering intensity of the base notes made me dizzy.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

Bought this one without trying it first-probably not a good idea under any circumstances. But I liked the notes in it and was just sure I would love it. Unfortunately, I could not wear it. There is something in this perfume that makes me feel queasy. I think Nude is a good way to describe this perfume, however, because it does have the type of scent that seems to stay close to the body. Wish I could wear it-on paper it seems like a perfect match for me.

Nude by Bill Blass 3.78 out of 5 based on 179 ratings and 46 user reviews

Nude Perfume by Bill Blass - 3.4 oz Eau De Cologne Spray
Nude Perfume by Bill Blass - 3.4 oz Eau De Cologne Spray
Nude Perfume by Bill Blass - 3.4 oz Eau De Cologne Spray Tester
Nude Perfume by Bill Blass - 3.4 oz Eau De Cologne Spray Tester

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bill Blass Nude fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bill Blass Nude, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nude by Bill Blass. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nude by Bill Blass represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.