Designers » B » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Illicit Billy Jealousy for men
dislike

ozonic
Illicit Billy Jealousy for men Pictures

Illicit by Billy Jealousy is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Illicit was launched in 2006. Top note is bergamot; middle notes are ivy, ginger and nutmeg; base notes are sandalwood and tea.

Bergamot

Ivy Ginger Nutmeg

Sandalwood Tea

Illicit Fragrance Reviews

Radiation
Radiation

The first experience I had with this fragrance was at my local barber shop. That day I was wearing Gucci pour Homme II and went in to get my hair cut. Unbeknownst to me my barber had taken up spritzing Billy Illicit Jealousy on the neck of their clientele without even asking. That annoyed me so perhaps what follows was tainted by that experience. Any way IMO the absolute worst place to spray a cologne is on the back of the neck. It feels like you can never ever get away from the smell love it or hate it. In this case I absolutely positively HATED it. The worst kind of fake citrus and it absolutely squashed my Gucci pour Homme. Just murdered it. Illicit is loud and all encompassing, and after dry down doesn't tone down one bit. Needless to say I went home and showered this off and changed my shirt.
Fast forward to the following hair cut knowing they would spritz Illicit on me again I intentionally didn't wear any other cologne just so I could give it a second fair chance. Unfortunately the experience was still the same. It's the kind of over the top citrus that can actually kill your experience with other fragrances due to it's utter lack of balance. To this day I can't wear my Cartier Roadster Sport, which is ten times better than this stuff, solely because that awful experience with Illicit. Roadster sport has a beautiful bergamot mixed with pepper and freshness. Oddly enough Illicit has a similar composition but does it so poorly it makes a mockery of this particular genre. It has soured me (pun intended) so much to citruses that even a good one like RS Illicits memories of... well...
Needless to say I instantly tell my barber to not spray me with this ever! Maybe it's my skin, maybe it's just really bad compatibility. But if you like this fragrance I'm happy for you. I however actually get mad thinking about this one. That's how much a hate it.

Laurdess
Laurdess

I got a tester bottle of this, and one spray worked for 12 strait hours. I am not sure why this one has not caught on like a mainstream candy but it should. its clean, and I would vote it go for unisex because of how clean it is. It might be the 75$ a bottle that has kicked it to obscurity too.

SoapyScentGuy
SoapyScentGuy

This smells like CK One but more sophisticated and refined. The smell lasts all day and I received many compliments with it. The Illicit toiletries items are also of very high quality. I highly recommend Illicit.

Jasper
Jasper

I had always wonder if the ginger note in a fragrance smells like the real thing, after test Illicit early this morning I would say NO, not even close.
I do like the opening of refreshing bergamot, though this one comes in ripe-yellowish kind of bergamot. Then the sharp metalic show ups half-way thru my morning coffee. I'm not a big fan of this kind of smell but I resist the urge to scrub it off and instead wait for something else. Surprisingly, the base is rather sweet, almost fruity and it still has that refreshing drink feel but minus the metal, thanks god! Not a bad scent to wear on a hot day!

Illicit by Billy Jealousy 4.20 out of 5 based on 10 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Billy Jealousy Illicit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Billy Jealousy Illicit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Illicit by Billy Jealousy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Illicit by Billy Jealousy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Prada Luna Rossa Gandini 1896 Lime and Basil Bois 1920 Agrumi Amari di Sicilia Tom Ford Tom Ford for Men Xerjoff X 1861 Dior Dior Homme Cologne 2013 Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert Creed Neroli Sauvage M. Micallef Royal Vintage Lalique Encre Noire Sport Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne Dior Dior Homme Eau for Men Creed Erolfa Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud Eau de Cologne Concentree Cerruti 1881 Men Annick Goutal Ninfeo Mio Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme Dolce&Gabbana Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme Il Profvmo Imprinting Gandini 1896 Grapefruit and Citrus